Todoroki (MHA) vs Ozai (Avatar)

#1 Posted by Jueix (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In-character

Victory by incap, KO or death

Both have basic knowledge on opponents' abilities

Fight takes place during Sozin's Comet (Ozai is as he was when he fought Aang)

#2 Posted by Sy8000 (36020 posts) - - Show Bio

Todoroki is more powerful than Avatar characters aside from Avatar State. It doesn't hurt that he can use Ozai's attacks to help with rapid heating and cooling for bigger blasts a la stadium blast.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#3 Posted by FullMetalEmprah (5746 posts) - - Show Bio

Todoroki should win, although I imagine it would be more of a fight than most would expect. Ozai's feats with the Comet were pretty crazy. Still Todoroki should be faster for the most part, and his ice makes him more versatile.

#5 Edited by juiceboks (25165 posts) - - Show Bio

Todoroki has never actually shown bending level pyrokinesis, only the ability to produce and shoot flames unless I'm forgetting something. Ozai can use Todoroki's flames against him whereas Shoto's only defensive option is blocking with inferior caliber flames and ice constructs. That plus superior mobility and lightning and I don't see how Ozai is losing this

#6 Posted by utkanflash (2428 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozai can bend, Todoroki's on fire on him. And since fight takes under the effect of Sozin's Comet. Todoroki's ice aint enough to stop Ozai's fire.

Ozai has lightning and somewhat flight too. Todoroki cant keep up.

Ozai's fighting experience also at another level.

Ozai got this.

#7 Posted by Zuriel-el (3935 posts) - - Show Bio

lightning.

#8 Posted by Dadpool (616 posts) - - Show Bio

Although Todoroki should be faster in combat speed( scaled off Deku and Bakugo), Ozai's lightning and ability to use Todoroki's fire against him are major advantages. Ozai 6.5/10

#9 Posted by JDogg (1377 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozai. His bending and mobility give him the edge.

#10 Posted by Wrathofthebrad (1396 posts) - - Show Bio

Todoroki has never actually shown bending level pyrokinesis, only the ability to produce and shoot flames unless I'm forgetting something. Ozai can use Todoroki's flames against him whereas Shoto's only defensive option is blocking with inferior caliber flames and ice constructs. That plus superior mobility and lightning and I don't see how Ozai is losing this

#11 Posted by AlphaQ (6759 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozai, for reasons given.

#14 Posted by jashro44 (55221 posts) - - Show Bio

Shoto in character doesn't open with his fire and its actually difficult for him to use it because of his muscle memory. Also Shoto is actually sort of fire proof and has to endure his own flames. So how hot is Ozai's fire exactly? If its not hotter than Shoto's fire than Shoto would actually have a durability advantage when it comes to heat.

#15 Posted by Magian (153148 posts) - - Show Bio

If this was regular Ozai, I would have probably said Todoroki but a Sozin comet-enhanced Ozai did some pretty crazy stuff and I don't think Todoroki can counter them.

#20 Posted by LogicLancer (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Todoroki

#21 Edited by juiceboks (25165 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

Shoto in character doesn't open with his fire and its actually difficult for him to use it because of his muscle memory

I know he isn't prone to starting a fight with it but I thought he got over his apprehension to using it at all, is this really not the case?

Also Shoto is actually sort of fire proof and has to endure his own flames

That sounds like reasoning one could use for firebenders being flame-resistant, but Shoto and Zuko have an interesting place in that argument on their face even though they've both surrounded themselves with flame multiple times. I do believe firebenders are resistant to fire used against them considering people like Zuko have melted ice with their own body heat and produced steam by breathing, but as Ozai proved that isn't enough to be called fireproof.

So how hot is Ozai's fire exactly?

It should be more powerful than any unamped firebending showing we've seen from other characters considering his title and the amp he has here. I don't know about an exact temperature or a showing that could give us a number currently..maybe @anthp3000 can think of something.

If its not hotter than Shoto's fire than Shoto would actually have a durability advantage when it comes to heat

Even if this is true like all firebending Ozai's blasts have considerable concussive force coupled with the heat. Both his kids have demonstrated the ability to destroy diamond and diamond armor with their standard bending for example, Ozai amped with Sozin's Comet should be capable of much more than that and I don't think Todoroki can tank any of his blasts and surely not his lightning.

#22 Posted by jashro44 (55221 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks:

I know he isn't prone to starting a fight with it but I thought he got over his apprehension to using it at all, is this really not the case?

He's willing to use it but due to the fact he's been fighting only using his right side his muscle memory makes it harder to transition to using fire. He likely wont use it unless he feels he has to. At best he might use it once, notice Ozai can redirect it and than stop using it.

That sounds like reasoning one could use for firebenders being flame-resistant, but Shoto and Zuko have an interesting place in that argument on their face even though they've both surrounded themselves with flame multiple times.

Looking at that gif it looks like the fire is around Zuko not on him. And we have seen Zuko specifically get burned by fire IIRC (or at least other fire benders like Iroh). Shoto literally has to withstand his own heat. Its why he was considered perfect by Endeavor, because he could do that:

No Caption Provided

It was even restated during his fight with Tetsutetsu recently that he has to store the heat inside him:

No Caption Provided

And we've seen Todoroki light himself on fire several times. You brought up him being scalded by his mother but:

1. That was a young Todoroki.
  2. There is a difference between dry burns and wet burns/scalds. So it could also be that Shoto's body just isn't adapted to handle the latter.

I do believe firebenders are resistant to fire used against them considering people like Zuko have melted ice with their own body heat and produced steam by breathing, but as Ozai proved that isn't enough to be called fireproof.

It seems like they have to consciously control the fire. Like it seems to stem from some type of energy which is why Aang was able to remove Ozai's fire bending with energy bending. When there on guard they can defend against fire, and we have seen them redirect lightning but that is them consciously manipulating the energy within them. Shoto's quirk is basically just his biology and I've already shown the composition of his flesh matters.

It should be more powerful than any unamped firebending showing we've seen from other characters considering his title and the amp he has here. I don't know about an exact temperature or a showing that could give us a number currently..maybe @anthp3000 can think of something.

I don't need an exact temperature for how hot Ozai's bending is. Is Ozai capable of producing heat like this? Heat that fries security cameras in the surrounding area, was melting Tetsutetsu who could spend an entire day in a furnace, and heat felt quite a far distance away?

No Caption Provided

This is the kind of fire Shoto has withstood without using his ice to cool himself down. Here he will probably be using his ice. Shoto's costume is made out of heat resistant fabrics, and has a built in system to help regulate his temperature if his body gets to hot or cold.

No Caption Provided

Additionally if shoto is mostly relying on his right side his body will be cooling down and Ozai will actually be doing the work of regulating his temperature. But even if his body does begin to get to hot his hero costume will also help cool him down, not to mention the special fibers will also shield him partially.

And if Ozai does really burn hotter than Shoto than that works even better for Shoto. Because that would mean the clash between Shoto's ice and Ozai's fire will cause a massive explosion like at the UA sports festival, and Shoto is the one who will be shielded due to ice. Whereas Ozai has no wall protecting him from such a massive explosion.

Even if this is true like all firebending Ozai's blasts have considerable concussive force coupled with the heat. Both his kids have demonstrated the ability to destroy diamond and diamond armor with their standard bending for example, Ozai amped with Sozin's Comet should be capable of much more than that and I don't think Todoroki can tank of any of his blasts.

I assume your talking about when Azula and Zuko fought Aang and Katara in the cave? Were those actually said to be diamonds? I'm obviously not going to argue Shoto's body is harder than diamonds but diamonds are also brittle. Shoto with his concussive durability was shoved through layers of ice by Midoriya during there tournament fight. So I don't see the concussive force one shotting Shoto as other benders in the verse have also handled the concussive force hard despite there bodies not being as hard as diamonds.

#23 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18960 posts) - - Show Bio

Todoroki wins

Avatar image for theonewhoknocks
#26 Edited by TheOneWhoKnocks (607 posts) - - Show Bio

Todoroki. He is at least fire resistant, so he can take the heat (pun very much intended) Ozai is dishing out and as Sy8000 said it should also help thaw him so he can better spam his huge AOE ice attacks. He should be faster too. Ozai takes some wins due to lightning. Should be a good fight either way.

#27 Posted by ANTHP2000 (31102 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozai one shots him.

#28 Posted by Keenko (5206 posts) - - Show Bio

Todoroki hands Ozai his ass.

#30 Posted by cpt_nice (10139 posts) - - Show Bio

Todoroki should take a majority despite this somewhat being a bad match up.

I agree Ozai is kind of a hard counter to his fire, but his ice attacks are nothing to sneeze at and he has better stats.

Ozai could fry him with lightning tho

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3b5ee4922c4
#32 Posted by deactivated-5d3b5ee4922c4 (917 posts) - - Show Bio

Todoroki should win, although I imagine it would be more of a fight than most would expect. Ozai's feats with the Comet were pretty crazy. Still Todoroki should be faster for the most part, and his ice makes him more versatile.

#36 Posted by Jueix (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#37 Edited by keiser994 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

Todoroki FTW

#38 Posted by JDogg (1377 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozai stomps. His fire would vape Todoroki and his ice lol. He melted solid rock and weaker fire benders have melted metal chains. That's above what Todoroki's fire has shown.