Tobirama Senju Vs Minato Namikaze

GodOfTheSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GodOfTheSword

Both are at their Peak Power in their life before death, non Edo. The battlefield is Konoha and the surrounding Forrest. They village and Forrest are empty of people.

Both have been hailed as the fasted Shinobi of their Eras,

Tobirama could paper a target with Explosive Tags and get away before they even noticed or could react, without FTG

Minato could get in an opponents face and back out without them reacting before it was too late, without FTG.

Their natural speeds cancels each other's out.

Minato does not have Kurama chakra, this is before his death.

Minato is limited to 25 FTG Kunai, and 10 standard Kunai. Tobirama is limited to 45 standard Kunai, weather they're marked or not is up to him. They are able to get extra from around the village.

Tobirama has his famed Sword of the Thunder God, and his standard sword.

Minato and Tobirama have not met prior to this battle, only things Minato knows about Tobirama is that he uses Suiton, Shadow Clones, and FTG.

Tobirama knows nothing about Minato before they battle. He must learn from what he can see, and what he can sense via his profound sensory abilities which surpass Minato's by leaps and bounds and then some.

First things first, let's debunk some hype. Minato is not better at FTG than Tobirama, he has more feats with it because Tobirama is a supplementary character for Hashirama. That's all. Tobirama is capable of all the FTG techniques Minato has used, and after having seen them in battle could easily copy them, he is after all the creator, highly intelligent, and has proven himself able to use Minato's formula as well as his own.

Tobirama cannot use Edo Tensei in this battle because it requires dead bodies, and they're are none in this situation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b
deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Tobirama

KCMinato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First things first, let's debunk some hype. Minato is not better at FTG than Tobirama, he has more feats with it because Tobirama is a supplementary character for Hashirama. That's all. Tobirama is capable of all the FTG techniques Minato has used, and after having seen them in battle could easily copy them, he is after all the creator, highly intelligent, and has proven himself able to use Minato's formula as well as his own.

mhm.. not exactly . tobirama , himself , stated that minato's FTG is better than his although he is the creator of the jutsu

No Caption Provided

Urban_Ninja_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Urban_Ninja_X

Tobirama, one of my top 5 favorites. With Minato being his successor in the use of FTG, there's no other reason to believe he'd win against Tobi.

GodOfTheSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcminato: That's just one translation, I've seen others and it varies from that to a small compliment. Its worth noting that Sarutobi said Minato was as fast as ever, FTG is not speed, it's instant movement through space time, so it could be a bunk translation on either speech bubble.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcminato: Minato just makes better use of his FTG that is all which is what Tobirama means most likely. Minato even complimented him on his speed so he isn't slow or anything

KCMinato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Not really . In this context , Minato arrived earlier and were faster than the rest which is why Tobirama said that . What does "make better use of his FTG " mean in this situation ? I never thought Tobirama is slow , he's one of the fastest characters in the series . I'm just saying that it's a well - known fact that Minato has better usage and is better in FTG which even Tobirama admitted

@godofthesword:Well , minato DID arrive on the battlefield earlier than the other hokages including tobirama . Show me the other translation that implies another meaning please .

GodOfTheSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: I agree, read the wiki summary on the chapter and it states Hiruzen Sarutobi and Tobirama compliments Minato's speed when they arrive on the Monument.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcminato: All Minato did was throw the kunai repeatedly until he got there. I'm not saying he used it better in that situation I'm saying he uses it better overall with all the special kunai and jutsu he has over tobirama

GodOfTheSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcminato: I don't have it on hand, but its important to remember FTG is instant, if Tobirama used it at the exact same time Minato did without carrying two people he would have arrived exactly when Minato did. Tobirama had two MASSIVE chakras piggy backing on him. He has to supply the Chakra to move others. That would reasonably slow him down seeing as Hashirama states he has more chakra than 9tails and Naruto combined.

KCMinato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Who knows what he did to get there . And how would tobirama know that he uses it " better overall " if he only seen minato use it in that situation and then make then statement .

KCMinato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KCMinato

@godofthesword what ? Minato carried hiruzen and tobirama carried hashirama IIRC . If im not wrong the only factor of how much chakra they must use to transport others only depended on the size of the object and not how much chakra the object has . Anyway , hashirama would not even affect the speed of the jutsu and only affects the amount of chakra used by tobirama . Even so , if you want to compare it this way , tobirama is a senju and has a large amount of chakra . Going by your logic , Tobirama will be much much faster than Minato upon comparing the chakra difference between the two of them ...

GodOfTheSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcminato: memory is foggy, haven't read in over a year. That's my bad. But still, Hashirama chakra> Hiruzen Chakra.

KCMinato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godofthesword: And so is Tobirama chakra > Minato chakra . It kind of balances it out . As we have no way to measure how fair it is .

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcminato: Easily he could have just seen him throw the kunai because the kunai arrived before Minato did. Which could mean that he was complimenting his craftiness with prepared kunai at his disposal

KCMinato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KCMinato

@kgb725: That is true . Is tobiramas FTG better than Minatos ? Whos feats are better tbh

GodOfTheSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still, KC, you never said who'd win? Lol.

KCMinato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GodOfTheSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Their FTG styles are different. Minato uses it to quickly end a fight, Iwagakure knows that. Tobirama waits to use it until his enemy let's their guard down and assumes they have Tobirama beat. Izuna knows, Madara stated that at one point. I believe he once mentioned that Tobirama was a tactical genius as well.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kgb725

@kcminato: @godofthesword: Considering Tobirama made a new jutsu for multiple people on the fly I'd say he was a genius on the battlefield

Minato does have better use of his FTG I can't lie lol but I do think Tobirama can beat him

KCMinato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: I'll have to agree

I agree with that as well

bull909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tobirama better have some Kinjutsu that Kishimoto hasn't told us he could use on Minato...

KingWrath66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tobirama. Minato (Alive) has no chance against Tobirama ....Kcm Minato vs Tobirama is a good fight but not Base

Chaarrrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minato's FTG is better, Tobirama has more techniques. Stalemate?

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd back Minato.

Edo is useless because of all the seals Minato knows, FTG is better, he's got Perfect Sage Mode if he feels like it, Summons, and can deflect attacks with FTG.

Cosmic_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with Tobi though Minato uses FTG in more ways than he can Tobi has more misc Jutsu. Although Minato was also a genius tobi is possibly the most tactical in the series and basically played the pivotal role in the ninja world.

I'd say Minato acts quickly when he see's an opening and then Tobi would counter by taking the upper hand when he thinks he has won.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Vertigo-

This is close whichever way you swing it really. Although I'd back Minato due to better versatility with FTG + seals and sage mode.

Still though, this is by no means a stomp for either side, this is a high intensity fight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AvatarReiko

Minato gets curb. Tobi took out Izuna, who rivalled Madara. Minato gets shit blitzed sadly

Kothoga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure how this is debatable since Tobirama proved he was faster than Minato when they were fighting Obito. Minato accidentally teleported the truthseeker orb with him next to Naruto & Sasuke. Tobirama shows up to save everyone by teleporting it back to Obito. If Minato was so much faster than Tobirama he would have taken care of that truthseeker orb himself. Then to top it off Tobirama corrected Naruto and said Minato is the one copying his techniques...Minato stood there looking foolish.

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Tobirama is like Kisame ( water Style ) + Minato ( speed/FTG ) + Kakashi ( stratrgizong ) + Large amounts of chakra and physical strength .

GrandTOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dislike Tobirama, and those brothers with tools gave him a hard time apparently. He loses

bigbattysomali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minato wins.

Avatar image for sixpathsofcapra
SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SixPathsOfCapra

Minato bodies.. especially with the new feat

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minato via better speed and AP

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tobi was out speeding Minato even with a KCM amp.

Famousroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tobirama murders him.

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minato via better speed and AP

Minato is not faster than Tobirama.

OT - Tobirama extreme diff if its BM Minato, borderline no diffs if its base Minato.

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maulsmacker: Tobirama himself acknowledged Minato as the better teleporter. Both have no defense against kunai but Tobi has no equivalent to a rasengan

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maulsmacker: Tobirama himself acknowledged Minato as the better teleporter. Both have no defense against kunai but Tobi has no equivalent to a rasengan

Teleporter as in Shunin/Body Flicker, he said nothing about combat speed or Flying Thunder God.

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maulsmacker: doesn't body flicker apply to combat speed? I remember shisui getting famous off it

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgelord91: Shisui is the only one whose flicker is actually shown to apply, he mastered a technique everyone can use to a ridiculous degree, other than him we don't see any examples of Body flickers being used in part 2 fights.

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers