Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By NightFang3
@erik said:
" @NightFang said:
"What fighting skill do they have, all i've ever seen is them picking people up and throwing tor hitting them.            Do you have a link to where Goliath says this because I don't think thats true.            Now your'e just making stuff up that's like say Batman would lose to Wildcat.            What else do they have claws and can glide, thats it.  "
  • What fighting skills? Just the skills to easily take out whole armies of warriors. I already explained how they all have hundreds of years combat experience. But if you are just going to ignore that fact, then maybe I should stop wasting my time repeating myself. You know, I have never seen any of the turtles use their weapons to the highest degree of efficiency in the cartoons (cutting the man instead of the weapon, armor, etc), does that mean they cannot?
  • No I do not have the link. Watch the series. Goliath states this when age came up in one episode.
  • I am not making stuff up. Wildcat has beaten Batman and he would beat the Turtles.
  • What else do they have? How about super strength and endurance that is high enough that the human strength attacks delivered by the Turtles will get laughed off.
"
1. The Gargoyles have little fighting skill, show me a video of any of them fight like the TMNT or taking on armies of warriors without any humans or other allies helping them out. The Turtles where trained in Ninjutsu and are masters in the use of their weapons. That's because it's a cartoon they can't show the TMNT cutting off people heads, Wait they did cut the Shredders head off in the last cartoon. 

2. I don't have time to prove your point, if you don't have a video of Goliath saying this, then it might not be true. I'm not calling you a liar but if you can't prove it then it's not true too me. 

3. If Wildcat beat him then it had to be in boxing because if Batman could fight Lady Shiva, Bronze Tiger and even the Karate Kid, then he shouldn't have lost or it was bad writing.  

4. All the Turtles would have to do is last to daybreak and destroy their stone bodes or cut their wings and throw them off a high building. 
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#52  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Goliath solos. GG :)

Nice thread.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Erik
@NightFang:  
  1. Prove that they have little fighting skill? In case you forgot the first episodes, the humans allies of the Gargoyles were getting stomped before the Gargoyles came to the fight. Right. Because they are cartoons, we do not see how dangerous the Gargoyles truly are. 
  2. Fine. I do not care if you believe me or not. But since you are calling the validity of my points into question, please point out a time that I did lie, or falsify anything in a debate. I only state things I know to be true. 
  3. What is your point? A defeat is a defeat. 
  4. Right. Because they get to know that sunlight will turn the Gargoyles. Not only that, but they know where to find the Gargoyles once daybreak occurs. 
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By NightFang3
@erik said:

" @NightFang:  

1. Prove that they have little fighting skill? In case you forgot the first episodes, the humans allies of the Gargoyles were getting stomped before the Gargoyles came to the fight. Right. Because they are cartoons, we do not see how dangerous the Gargoyles truly are. 
  2. Fine. I do not care if you believe me or not. But since you are calling the validity of my points into question, please point out a time that I did lie, or falsify anything in a debate. I only state things I know to be true. 
  3. What is your point? A defeat is a defeat. 
  4. Right. Because they get to know that sunlight will turn the Gargoyles. Not only that, but they know where to find the Gargoyles once daybreak occurs. 
"                
1. Gargoyles used the enemies fear of them to chase them away and a little of their strength. The TMNT have seen much worser monsters and still kick their buts.
2. I only said you couldn't prove it, not that you where lining. 
3. Not if it makes no sense and shouldn't have happen in the 1st place. 
4. I never said they know where they lived, just take the fight to higher ground and cut their wings or that they know their weakness, only that they last until sunrise. Don't put words in my mouth.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Erik
@NightFang said:             
1. Gargoyles used the enemies fear of them to chase them away and a little of their strength. The TMNT have seen much worser monsters and still kick their buts.2. I only said you couldn't prove it, not that you where lining. 3. Not if it makes no sense and shouldn't have happen in the 1st place. 4. I never said they know where they lived, just take the fight to higher ground and cut their wings or that they know their weakness, only that they last until sunrise. Don't put words in my mouth. "
  1. No. That is wrong. They were only afraid until the first blade was swung against Goliath. After they saw that he could bleed, they were frenzied. Worser?
  2. I choose not to root around looking for it. I am not going to search every single episode of the entire series to prove you wrong. You can do that yourself. I am saying that it is fact. Prove it wrong if you can. If not, leave it alone. 
  3. But it should have happened and did. 
  4. You are the one that said that they will wait until daybreak and break their stone bodies. I did not put a single word in your mouth. They will not be able to do more than superficial damage with their bladed weapons anyway. 
EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By EnSabahNurX

@NightFang: 
The Gargoyles wouldn't have lived hundreds if they hadn't been turned to stone and they only age half the time humans do. I haven't seen the Gargoyles use that much skill in their fights just strength and allies.

Um thats not true at all, Demona(galiaths mate) lasted hundreds of years after galiath was turned to stone and she was not turned to stone during that time.
As stated previously, Gargoyles age far slower and can live for close to a 1000 years(demona did till a spell made her young again)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZJ0E3dEoP9E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZJ0E3dEoP9E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object> 

Watch from 4:25 Goliath bleeds because he squeezed the blade
5:30 you see them fighting and dodging not just grabbing and throwing

Gargoyles have way more experience, strength, stamina, and durability than the turtles do.

Did you not watch the show or not remember what happened in it?
Unlike the turtles, the only way human beat the gargoyles was by smashing them during the day or using high tech weapons that just barely gave the people an edge.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By NightFang3
@erik said:

" @NightFang said:             

1. Gargoyles used the enemies fear of them to chase them away and a little of their strength. The TMNT have seen much worser monsters and still kick their buts.2. I only said you couldn't prove it, not that you where lining. 3. Not if it makes no sense and shouldn't have happen in the 1st place. 4. I never said they know where they lived, just take the fight to higher ground and cut their wings or that they know their weakness, only that they last until sunrise. Don't put words in my mouth. "
  1. No. That is wrong. They were only afraid until the first blade was swung against Goliath. After they saw that he could bleed, they were frenzied. Worser?
  2. I choose not to root around looking for it. I am not going to search every single episode of the entire series to prove you wrong. You can do that yourself. I am saying that it is fact. Prove it wrong if you can. If not, leave it alone. 
  3. But it should have happened and did. 
  4. You are the one that said that they will wait until daybreak and break their stone bodies. I did not put a single word in your mouth. They will not be able to do more than superficial damage with their bladed weapons anyway. 
"
1. Then if they could be cut then the TMNT's weapons should work on them like any other enemy and the enemy was still afraid after the others started jumping down from roof-tops.
2. I just found the 1st episode on YouTube and it doesn't prove any of the fighting skill your talking about, only strength and fear using. The only one use real fighting skill is the fat guy. 
3. No that was dumb, you can't beat Lady Shiva, Bronze Tiger and Karate Kid, then to  turn around and lose to a boxer. It's just bad writing. 
4. Yes but I never said they know their weakness, only hold out and then after being surprise at them turning to stone throw then of the building one-by-one.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Erik
@NightFang said: 
1. Then if they could be cut then the TMNT's weapons should work on them like any other enemy and the enemy was still afraid after the others started jumping down from roof-tops.2. I just found the 1st episode on YouTube and it doesn't prove any of the fighting skill your talking about, only strength and fear using. The only one use real fighting skill is the fat guy. 3. No that was dumb, you can't beat Lady Shiva, Bronze Tiger and Karate Kid, then to  turn  around and lose to a boxer. it's just bad  writing.  4. Yes but I never said they know their weakness, only hold out and then after being surprise at them turning to stone throw then of the building one-by-one. "
  1. Being able to have your skin broken by a full power swing of a sword does not mean that the cuts run deep. In fact, the cut was entirely superficial and only served to anger Goliath.
  2. Right. The slowest, laziest member of the team displayed real fighting skill. They routed a frenzied army through combat. Just because it is not ninjitsu does not mean it is not combat. 
  3. No it is not dumb and it is not PIS. Ask anyone that has anything more than a basic knowledge of Wildcat. 
  4. Why would they "hold out" unless they knew the weakness or they were fleeing? It sounds to me like you acknowledge that they stand no chance in a fight. 
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By NightFang3
@erik said:
" @NightFang said: 
1. Then if they could be cut then the TMNT's weapons should work on them like any other enemy and the enemy was still afraid after the others started jumping down from roof-tops.2. I just found the 1st episode on YouTube and it doesn't prove any of the fighting skill your talking about, only strength and fear using. The only one use real fighting skill is the fat guy. 3. No that was dumb, you can't beat Lady Shiva, Bronze Tiger and Karate Kid, then to  turn  around and lose to a boxer. it's just bad  writing.  4. Yes but I never said they know their weakness, only hold out and then after being surprise at them turning to stone throw then of the building one-by-one. "
  1. Being able to have your skin broken by a full power swing of a sword does not mean that the cuts run deep. In fact, the cut was entirely superficial and only served to anger Goliath.
  2. Right. The slowest, laziest member of the team displayed real fighting skill. They routed a frenzied army through combat. Just because it is not ninjitsu does not mean it is not combat. 
  3. No it is not dumb and it is not PIS. Ask anyone that has anything more than a basic knowledge of Wildcat. 
  4. Why would they "hold out" unless they knew the weakness or they were fleeing? It sounds to me like you acknowledge that they stand no chance in a fight. 
"
1. If it can be cut and it bloods then it can be killed. 
2. The guy i'm talking about was human and what they do is not combat just strength and nothing more. 
3. Whatever, Wildcat is just a Boxer and street fighter with peck human and nothing more. 
4. Haven't you ever seen fighter so powerful that they fought until daybreak and the better warrior kills the other as the sun rise and who said they would be just fighting in one place? I see this fight moving from roof-top to roof-top.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Erik
@NightFang said: 
1. If it can be cut and it bloods then it can be killed. 2. The guy i'm talking about was human and what they do is not combat just strength and nothing more. 3. Whatever, Wildcat is just a Boxer and street fighter with peck human and nothing more. 4. Haven't you ever seen fighter so powerful that they fought until daybreak and the better warrior kills the other as the sun rise and who said they would be just fighting in one place? I see this fight moving from roof-top to roof-top. "
  1. True. But that does not mean the Turtles have the means to do it.
  2. So you are saying that the Gargoyles have no skill in combat?
  3. Batman is just as human.
  4. I see the Turtles dying the second they turn their backs to run. 
hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By hdorman1

gargoyles  
better cartoon  
and better fighters

jflash94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By jflash94
@erik:
1st of all gargoyles dont use combat they just fly and punch 
2nd tell where it says they learned any sort of combt 
3rd that are cut easily 
4th the only advantage they have is flight and strength 
5th the turtles have faced the things the gargoyles have and got away 
6th there major weakness is magic which the turtles have on there side  
7th more technique and honor  
8th (both sit around and eat pizza but gargoyles make more sense how do u order pizza and get ot from the sewer XD)
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By NightFang3
@erik said:
" @NightFang said: 
1. If it can be cut and it bloods then it can be killed. 2. The guy i'm talking about was human and what they do is not combat just strength and nothing more. 3. Whatever, Wildcat is just a Boxer and street fighter with peck human and nothing more. 4. Haven't you ever seen fighter so powerful that they fought until daybreak and the better warrior kills the other as the sun rise and who said they would be just fighting in one place? I see this fight moving from roof-top to roof-top. "
"
              1. They have the weapons, skills and strength to do it. So all this the Gargoyles skin is to strong to cut stuff go's out the window. 
              2. No real combat skill to match the Turtles, so no they have none in this fight.
              3. Yes but a better human then Wildcat. 
              4. The Turtles don't run, they would fight and give the Gargoyles what for.
jflash94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By jflash94
@hdorman1:
sinse when were they better fighters all they do is throw random slow pace punches 

it really is an awesome show so much drama XD
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Erik
@jflash94:  
  1. Wrong.
  2. I already addressed that.
  3. No. They are not. Watch the series.
  4. Wrong.
  5. Such as?
  6. Such as?
  7. Honor has nothing to do with a battle.

@NightFang:

1. Wrong. I already explained why they cannot significantly harm the Gargoyles. Many many times in fact.
  2. Wrong.
  3. Lol Wrong again.
  4. If they are not turning to run, they will not be taking the fight to another rooftop. 
jflash94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By jflash94

5 well theres the dragon who could warp reality 

the shredder 
6 well magic turned them in to stone 
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#67  Edited By Ferro Vida

The Gargoyles' superior strength, durability, and experience will win this for them. The Turtles are better fighters, but they have no way to really hurt any of the Gargoyles significantly, not to mention they are outnumbered.

jflash94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By jflash94

dude they beat an army because there skin is very ruff wait which army old times army? or new times 
 and they can fly 

also they have beaten the dinosaur monsters and escape from the jail
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Ferro Vida
@jflash94 said:
" 5 well theres the dragon who could warp reality  the shredder 6 well magic turned them in to stone  "
They already turned to stone before that, the magic of the magus merely extended it, a feat that he, an accomplished magic user with years of experience, would not have been able to do that book of his.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Ferro Vida
@jflash94: Btw, The Gargoyles fought Oberon, Titania, and Odin.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@erik said:
"
  1. Such as?
  2. Such as?
"
While I personally think the Gargoyles would win. One cannot deny that the turtles a have faced off and won against truly powerful opponents both in the comics and in the 2003 show (the closest to the comics in tone)
 -So to give a few examples to show the prowess of the turtles without changing my opinion mind you.

On number 5 you asked for examples:
In comics:
1-King Komodo, Aliens like the Triceritons, demons, robots of various kinds etc

In the show:
1-demons and spirits, Ch'rell (the main Shredder of the show) who was an alien in a cybernetical suit with superhuman capacities, the triceritons, various aliens, Demon Shredder, Super Robots most notably that nanite thing that could take control and intergrate any machine in itself.

On number 6
In the show:
-On the last season title "the ninja tribunal" arc, they gained powerful magical weapons, the ability to transform into dragons and more through chi magic

Mind you, the last season while entertaining strayed far from core TMNT ideas.

And I still think the Gargoyles would win.
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By NightFang3
@erik said: 

"
             1. Their weapons have cut threw steel, wood and concrete. They have the means to do it and more. 
             2. No. They have skill just not on the same level as the TMNT. 
             3. So what. Wildcat should have lost and because he didn't means bad writing. 
             4. and I see the Gargoyles getting beat down. 

Here's a fight between one of the TMNT enemies
jflash94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By jflash94
@NightFang:
he also forgets there backs has the hardest shell so even if u hit it it will not really hurt them
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By NightFang3
@Ferro Vida said:
" The Gargoyles' superior strength, durability, and experience will win this for them. The Turtles are better fighters, but they have no way to really hurt any of the Gargoyles significantly, not to mention they are outnumbered. "
             This is a 4 on 4 fight, read the rules.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Ferro Vida
@NightFang: Missed that. I still back the Gargoyles. 
@jflash94 said:
" @NightFang: he also forgets there backs has the hardest shell so even if u hit it it will not really hurt them "
Turtle shells can be cracked.
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By NightFang3
@Ferro Vida said:
" @NightFang: Missed that. I still back the Gargoyles. 
@jflash94 said:
" @NightFang: he also forgets there backs has the hardest shell so even if u hit it it will not really hurt them "
Turtle shells can be cracked. "
             Then look at the video above, fighting one of their deadliest enemies. Agent Bishop. 
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Ferro Vida
@NightFang: I did. Good for them. I still back the Gargoyles :)
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Hellos

Gargoyles. 
Stronger, faster, more durable, have many more years of experience fighting then the turtles and can Glide. This fight ends with Goliath eating turtle soup.
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By NightFang3
@Ferro Vida said:
" @NightFang: I did. Good for them. I still back the Gargoyles :) "
             How do they win? Show me how powerful and skilled they are. You can't just say they win.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Ferro Vida
@NightFang said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
             How do they win? Show me how powerful and skilled they are. You can't just say they win. "
In the very first episode they show that they can leave claw marks in solid stone, which is the same kind of damage that two of the turtles can do with their weapons. The full force of a viking broadsword was barely able to leave a cut in Goliath's hand. During his travels with Alicia and Angela Goliath faced a variety of enemies, even extending to gods. They were able to defeat a pack of robotic Gargoyles when it was a surprise attack, and they were outnumbered and outgunned. 

Goliath alone has more combat experience then all four of the turtles combined.
jflash94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By jflash94

ok no they have not faced gods  
2turtles have been to gravitys set much higher  

Xd they would probably both complain about earth humans
grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By grimlock

those tortoises get battered

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By texasdeathmatch

I dunno, the Gargoyles were pretty stupid fighters from what I remembered. Just flying around and charging, really no technique to their methods

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By NightFang3
@Ferro Vida said:

" @NightFang said:

" @Ferro Vida said:
             How do they win? Show me how powerful and skilled they are. You can't just say they win. "
In the very first episode they show that they can leave claw marks in solid stone, which is the same kind of damage that two of the turtles can do with their weapons. The full force of a viking broadsword was barely able to leave a cut in Goliath's hand. During his travels with Alicia and Angela Goliath faced a variety of enemies, even extending to gods. They were able to defeat a pack of robotic Gargoyles when it was a surprise attack, and they were outnumbered and outgunned.   Goliath alone has more combat experience then all four of the turtles combined. "
I saw the 1st episode and the Viking was climbing up the wall to steal them (Not knowing they would come to life) and when he attacked Goliath was holding him by the hand, of wall. so their was no full force in the cut but Goliath still bleed. They never really fought the Gods, only their solders, magic can work on the Gargoyles just like anybody else. The TMNT have fought robots, been surprise attack and outnumbered and outgunned but still came on top. 

If Goliath is the best fighter they got, then the Turtles will win this hands down.
GrayWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By GrayWolf

First off @NightFang :  Thanks for creating an actually interesting gargoyles fight.  You have already achieved far more than I could ever dream. 
Second, this is a close fight that could go either way but I say the gargoyles.  Goliath is just too good.  The turtles knowing ninjutsu is not that much of a factor since the Pack were basically a group of ninjas/mercenaries and Goliath with the weakest of the gargoyles Lexington took them apart.  He's matched Macbeth who has hundreds of years of experience, beaten Xanatos who is also an expert martial artist when he was in an advanced gargoyles suit (since he's not stupid enough to take on goliath without protection and advanced strength).

Then you got Demona who for a 1000 years has been consistently killing a group of people called the Hunters whose experience and fighting tactics are designed to specifically kill gargoyles.  He and the others have humbled her and beaten the hunters.  He also beat the Archmage who could probably kill the turtles with ease in a matter of less than a minute.

I'm not so sure about the hundreds of years of experience since gargoyles only age at half the rate of humans.  Maybe a couple hundred but a lot of that time they were just developing.  Whatever, there's a good chance I'm wrong but that is my opinion.

Ellocobruja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#86  Edited By Ellocobruja

The Gargoyles win this easy
HeroesFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#87  Edited By HeroesFTW

I don't see why the Turtles couldn't take it, as mentioned in a earlier post they can cut and smash steel robots that were capable of munching through steel and concrete, and the turtles have the agility advantage.

akashicsoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By akashicsoldier

It amazes me just how simply people are willing to offer a win based off the most basic and primal of story elements and character abilities.

I'm going to say that the win goes to The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles because although the Gargoyles have superior physical strength the TMNT have a wider range of more useful skills and experience in dealing with High Power adversaries.  I'm going to use the TMNT (2003) Turtles as the primary examples for this encounter because I personally feel they are the most developed versions of the characters today in the popular eye and the most likely to appear in a crossover.    

The REAL advantage that the TMNT have in their Court is that the Gargoyles (I'm currently in the middle of a Gargoyles Marathon which is why I can say this with such certainty) are HIGHLY prone to emotional and impulsive outbursts that would make them EXCEPTIONALLY easy to bait.  Although the Turtles could not prepare for the battle they could quite easily "Ninja Vanish" and then pick of the Gargoyles from the shadows or lead them into jury rigged traps.  This is also very much in character of their 2003 fighting style when faced with superior opponents.  (We see much of this when they face the Triceratons who are much larger and presumably tougher than the Gargoyles, much more technologically advanced and much larger in numbers.)   

Although the Gargoyles have the advantage of Flight (Gliding) on their side the Turtles have shown that they are just as fast when moving through (and even under) New York City and have on various occasions shown they are more than able to ground unfriendly flying foes.  The Intelligence goes to Donatello and although Lexi may be able to figure out what is going on it often seems to be just a little too late to be of use to his team.  Furthermore, although the Gargoyles are a family unit they are not "trained" to work together despite their differences.  And although Raphael may appear to be a liability to the team more than he is an addition this is a factor that can be easily overcome after he had been stomped on once by Goliath and recovered by his brothers.  Raphael is often the best team player when his brothers are counting on him the most--which they would be in such an evenly matched battle.

Now I'm going to address some of the things other people have said:
  The Turtles cannot hurt the Gargoyles:  Although we see an EXTRA break his sword when Goliath catches it in the pillow episode "THE AWAKENING PART ONE"[ it is important to remember that was an extra using a no-doubt shoddy weapon or more likely an example of Goliath's tremendous strength.  As the series progresses we have confessions from the Gargoyles that they are not bullet proof and although I have seen them break many weapons half way through the second season I am yet to see them break a weapon through the sheer force of their invulnerability.  In fact it seems they go great lengths to avoid attacks from bladed weapons, ducking out of the way and disarming or breaking them as soon as they are able.  Although not using any of their magical or futuristic weapons in this encounter it is important to consider that the weapons the Turtles use (especially Leonardo) are masterwork weaponry and not as easily disposed off.  In the cases where they are or have been (as would be likely in one or two instances during this battle I have no doubt) they are for the most part rather easily replaced by another weapon.  Michelangelo is well known for carrying a wide range of weapons and Leonardo has won more than one battle with a broken sword.  In short although the Gargoyles are tougher and more durable than normal people they are no more "indestructible" than the various steel machines the Turtles bust on a regular basis. 

Hundreds of Years of Experience:  Although I have to award major nerd-points to the people who remembered just how old the Manhattan Gargoyles really are its important to remember that their experience is primarily in dealing with brute force and military combatants.  Ninjitsu as a form of martial arts and as such was SPECIFICALLY developed by smaller weaker people for fighting larger stronger opponents.  The Gargoyles would be able to easily rend steel with their bare claws and rent through hordes of Scottish Soldiers their combat style relies wholly on their brute strength and overpowering their foes.  The Turtles are much more skilled than THE PACK who though skilled, seemed careless and inexperienced when dealing with super-human opponents.  If kept off balance and at weapons reach than the Gargoyle's fighting style is effectively disarmed.  Again this can be overcome by damaging their weapons or the Gargoyles propensity to cause mass-collateral damage  but these are not tactics that their hundreds years of experience would make them adept at handling.

In conclusion:Although I believe that it would be a MUCH more interesting crossover than a head-to-head if it were to turn into a combat I believe that the ultimate victors would be the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and I am yet to see a reallyconvincing argument otherwise--either in this thread--or in the Gargoyles TV series.

EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 52

#89  Edited By EganTheVile1

TMNT smash them to rubble during the day

Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Blood_guts
@erik said:
@Shattered007 said:
" I recall this episode where Goliath and that one chick were in the park, then they got ambushed and Goliath got shot with tranquilizers "
Tranquilizers fired by a gun. There is a little bit more force behind a bullet than a human strength stab.
plus piercing damage is different than slashing 

I'm gonna go with gargoyles they have more strength and flight. turtles get massacred
armylife1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By armylife1124

Love my turtles, but not sure they can take down the Gargoyles.  Goliath could smash them pretty easy 1 on 1, but then again TMNT fight big muscle bound baddies all the time....

I am going to say the Turtles win this based on the fact they face many threats similar to the strength of the Gargoyles, but they have not really fought anything similar to the 4 brothers, plus I think the the Turtles teamwork would be to much for the Gargoyles! My inner fan boy is kind of taking over in this one(like most vs threads I get into)

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considered making a thread like this. I favor the Gargoyles over all. Goliath alone would be a challenge. They have strength and experience that make them a real challenge. The Turtles have weapons but I can see the Gargoyles breaking them like toys.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hundreds of Years of Experience: Although I have to award major nerd-points to the people who remembered just how old the Manhattan Gargoyles really are its important to remember that their experience is primarily in dealing with brute force and military combatants. Ninjitsu as a form of martial arts and as such was SPECIFICALLY developed by smaller weaker people for fighting larger stronger opponents. The Gargoyles would be able to easily rend steel with their bare claws and rent through hordes of Scottish Soldiers their combat style relies wholly on their brute strength and overpowering their foes. The Turtles are much more skilled than THE PACK who though skilled, seemed careless and inexperienced when dealing with super-human opponents. If kept off balance and at weapons reach than the Gargoyle's fighting style is effectively disarmed. Again this can be overcome by damaging their weapons or the Gargoyles propensity to cause mass-collateral damage but these are not tactics that their hundreds years of experience would make them adept at handling.

In conclusion:Although I believe that it would be a MUCH more interesting crossover than a head-to-head if it were to turn into a combat I believe that the ultimate victors would be the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and I am yet to see a reallyconvincing argument otherwise--either in this thread--or in the Gargoyles TV series.

I wanted to address this sentiment specifically because it's pretty prevalent in this thread as a whole. This isn't entirely addressed at you but at this concept I keep seeing on the battle forum that really bugs me.

No, Scottish fighting styles aren't entirely brute force. No, the gargoyles are NOT unskilled. No, ninjistu isn't an inherently better fighting style than what the western world has.

Every method of fighting is a martial art. Scottish swordplay is just as much a martial art as ninjitsu. It isn't based on using raw strength to overpower your opponent but on precise timing and swift strikes to score a critical hit on your opponent through feints and skilled footwork to bypass your opponent's guard. It involves every bit as much skill to perform as the Japanese equivalent does because, no matter where in the world you come from, all humans want to achieve victory by using the most efficient way possible.

In fact if we actually look at the turtles and how they fight objectively they are TERRIBLE fighters. Constantly employing flips and mid-strike spins that serve no purpose but to lower your guard and let your opponent hit you. Yet for whatever reason people seem to equate flipping with skill, and then accuse characters who don't flip enough as being unskilled. That's ridiculous to me.

Granted the turtles ARE definitely very skilled within the context of their universe where combat is "spiced up" to make it more engaging to watch. I understand that completely. But it's frustrating when people dismiss the combat skill of other characters solely on their lack of spins and flips.

The Gargoyles have hundreds of years of combat experience fighting in wars. Granted for MOST of those fights they were fighting people far beneath them stat wise, but that's really no different than the turtles fighting the Foot Clan all the time. The gargoyle's fighting style IS more feral and brutal than what the turtles use, but that's just playing into their strengths. If you're an eight foot tall giant with wings you don't adopt a fighting style that revolves around doing evasive jumps and flips. But that doesn't mean the gargoyles aren't as proficient in their style as the turtles are in theirs.

Instead of trying to judge which fighter LOOKS more skilled we should look at what they've accomplished in combat. In that capacity the two groups aren't that dissimilar. They both go up against cybernetic warriors, mutant monsters, and reality warping gods all the time and come out on top through sheer intelligence and tactical skill.

That said, depending on the incarnation we're using (the OP's pics didn't load for me) I would give the edge in skill to the turtles. But based on ACHIEVEMENTS. They've competed in inter-dimensional gladiatorial combat on more than one occasion and proven themselves as some of the best fighters in their universe. I just object to the idea that the gargoyles are poor martial artists just because they don't use a Japanese fighting style.

I still feel the garoyles would win however. They do have a massive stat advantage and the ability to "glide" with gives them an advantage in mobility. Unfortunately I can't find any clips of their fights on youtube to debate with. Just a lot of AMVs that show them mostly talking.

I agree that this would make an AWESOME crossover though. I love both these franchises. Plus who wouldn't love to see David Xanatos team up with the Shredder?

Avatar image for the soul hunter
The Soul Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TMNT after ninja tribunal stomps.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

hmmm good one

FivestarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from the 2003 cartoon have this battle in their favor. Even before the Ninja Tribunal Arc they were quite skilled and strong warriors, so it would be interesting to see how this fight goes. Akashicsoldier already mentioned why the Turtles would emerge victorious, so I am gonna leave it at that. But after the 5th season? It will be such a stomp it is not even funny. Gargoyles lose here horribly.