#1 Edited by playerx-tr (645 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie feats only

Luke from TLJ, Windu from RoTS

Win by death

All out

#2 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

Mace curb stomps.

#3 Posted by Nomar (1770 posts) - - Show Bio

Mace stomps. I won't say any spoilers though since this isn't spoiler tagged.

#4 Posted by playerx-tr (645 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#5 Posted by lubub55 (12935 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhh... Luke obviously stomps. Make it Return of the Jedi Luke and he still takes a majority.

#6 Edited by KingOfWakanda (2576 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie feats only? Been a long time since I've watched the prequels but didn't Mace only fight Jango and Palpatine? Under these conditions, I think Luke takes it. Too strong with the force.

#7 Posted by Nomar (1770 posts) - - Show Bio

To the two users above. This is movie feats only. You literally cannot point to a single feat from Luke in any of the movies including this one that is combat applicable and above Mace.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
#8 Posted by echostarlord117 (5617 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingofwakanda: I think that fight with Palpatine pretty much outweighs anything and everything Luke did in TLJ.

#9 Posted by Nomar (1770 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as people don't like to admit it. The Prequels and cartoons show us what actually impressive force and lightsaber dueling looks like. The original trilogy was not great for lightsaber feats and the new trilogy in its efforst to rehash the original trilogy has decided to follow suit.

#10 Posted by KingOfWakanda (2576 posts) - - Show Bio

@echostarlord117: TLJ Luke still carries all the feats from the previous movies. I don't necessarily think Mace vs Palpatine is any more impressive than Luke vs Vader (despite better fight choreography). Plus I think Palpatine probably beats Mace (without Anakin) if not trying to show weakness to get Anakin to turn.

I just happen to think Luke's force abilities give him the edge. Sabers only I probably go Mace.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
#11 Posted by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio

Mace Windu

#12 Edited by PenguinLover (994 posts) - - Show Bio

Windu takes it, and handily at that. Luke has very few offensive showings save for blowing apart a hut, and his dueling is sub-par to say the least.

Windu 9/10, simply because Luke might manage to catch him off with his telekinesis.

#13 Posted by Kurokawa (23 posts) - - Show Bio

After or before Luke milkimg a goat? :)

#14 Edited by echostarlord117 (5617 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingofwakanda: Except for the fact that RotS Palpatine is superior to RotJ Vader in every way so fighting and technically beating him is way more impressive, especially when you take into account the circumstances of both fights. It also seems pretty clear to me that age is a serious problem for Force users in the new canon, as both Vader and Luke seemed to lose their touch as they got older. Only a select few, namely Yoda and Palpatine, could maintain their vigor via their sheer power in the Force, and even then... The way I see it, this is Mace Windu vs what is likely a post-prime Luke. No contest, if you ask me.

Luke has never demonstrated any overwhelming Force abilities in the films, at least nothing that would overwhelm Mace. His most powerful feat killed him, and again it would really do nothing to help him. Of course, if you board the hype train then yes, logically Luke should win here. He’s a Skywalker, after all. Feat-wise and accolade-wise, though, Mace is superior. I mean, he has handled a certain someone with legendary mastery over the Force before...

#15 Posted by KingOfWakanda (2576 posts) - - Show Bio

@echostarlord117: I'm just going by the parameters of the OP which is movie feats only. In my recollection, and please correct me, he beat Jango (something Luke could definitely do, as he was about to defeat Boba before he was interrupted) and bested Palpatine, which is impressive. Mace beat the top sith lord and Luke beat the sith lord right under him, Vader.

Age doesn't seem to dull lightsaber skills (see Yoda, Dooku and Palpatine for examples). And if anything, Luke pulls off one of the most impressive Force feats shown thus far, even at his age and yes, even though it killed him.

Mace is the better swordsman and Luke is stronger in the Force. If they fought 10 times I think the winner would only pull it in a slight majority.

#16 Posted by TheVivas (19491 posts) - - Show Bio

Mace. Survived he arena on Geomosis, defeated Jango Fett with ease, then survived and ultimately beat Sidious.

You can’t scale Luke’s feat (if you’ve seen the movie you know what I’m talking about) to any other Force power he has, and he has no dueling feats.

#17 Posted by echostarlord117 (5617 posts) - - Show Bio

@echostarlord117: I'm just going by the parameters of the OP which is movie feats only. In my recollection, and please correct me, he beat Jango (something Luke could definitely do, as he was about to defeat Boba before he was interrupted) and bested Palpatine, which is impressive. Mace beat the top sith lord and Luke beat the sith lord right under him, Vader.

That's right, so if we judge them purely by their movie feats, Mace is clearly superior.

Age doesn't seem to dull lightsaber skills (see Yoda, Dooku and Palpatine for examples). And if anything, Luke pulls off one of the most impressive Force feats shown thus far, even at his age and yes, even though it killed him.

Eh, it's not worth arguing this point since my initial statement was pure speculation anyway. Whether we agreed on it or not, it wouldn't matter since it's not canon to my knowledge. Plus, I agree that there're too many exceptions for this to be ubiquitously true anyway.

Mace is the better swordsman and Luke is stronger in the Force. If they fought 10 times I think the winner would only pull it in a slight majority.

I agree that the fight would be a good one. I certainly don't think that Mace would be stomping. Luke is formidable both with the lightsaber and with the Force. I think Mace is just better. He has proven himself to be superior feat-wise, has a metric butt ton more experience, and actually received formal training which may or may not be a huge advantage.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#18 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7532 posts) - - Show Bio

Shouldn't luke be able to just project himself and kill Mace that's his only shot

#19 Posted by Necromancer76 (3783 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m sorry, what combat feats does TLJ Luke have again?

#20 Edited by Amendment50 (15457 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure I get why beating Palpatine would be impressive from just movie feats, I suspect people are getting tied up in their Legends.

#21 Edited by AlexTheBoss (18000 posts) - - Show Bio
@lubub55 said:

Uhh... Luke obviously stomps. Make it Return of the Jedi Luke and he still takes a majority.

I really doubt that. When it comes to pure saber combat Mace could probably beat a prime Vader considering he matched Palpatine and arguably outright won.

#22 Edited by Nefarious (35649 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke showed little to no combat skills in the movie.

#23 Posted by ScotticusRex (642 posts) - - Show Bio

Breaks my heart to say it, but Mace takes it solidly.

#24 Posted by lubub55 (12935 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss: ROTJ Luke can also probably beat a prime Vader. Because he's done it.

#25 Posted by Richard96 (5799 posts) - - Show Bio

The luke seen in TLJ gets rekt

#26 Posted by Gaoron (8965 posts) - - Show Bio

Mace Windu's purple saber ends up cutting Luke in half.

#27 Posted by Old_Blighty (850 posts) - - Show Bio

@lubub55 said:

@alextheboss: ROTJ Luke can also probably beat a prime Vader. Because he's done it.

What makes you think Luke hasn't deteriorated in his old age? When has a Jedi going off and becoming a recluse made them a better fighter? Yoda became a hermit, are his episode 1 - 3 feats still relevant for him? Obi-Wan did it, do you think he could still fight like he did back on Mustafar? I'll grant you that Luke knows some new tricks, but how is he making practical use of any of them in a fight with Mace?

#28 Posted by Vertigo- (17820 posts) - - Show Bio

Mace curbs

#29 Edited by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

Mace wins.

#30 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (3211 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see why everyone is answering with such certainty, the truth is that we don't know. Luke has no real combative feats at all and it's still largely unclear just how powerful Luke got; it's clear that he got to at least a decent master level with force abilities probably still the greatest in the series, but lightsaber combat we don't know about.

I think it's simply wrong to say that Windu has any chance of stomping. Luke was at least Obi-Wan level knowledge but with far stronger connection to the force. If Luke's force abilities are even remotely close to what they are in legends (we don't know if they are or not) then Luke should stomp.

In short; we don't know. It's anywhere from a close victory for Windu to a stomp for Luke.

#31 Posted by tj849 (8569 posts) - - Show Bio

How is Luke suppose to win, he has literally no decent combat feats.

#32 Posted by AlexTheBoss (18000 posts) - - Show Bio

@lubub55: Vader was holding back on Luke. He wasn't trying to kill him and didn't use the force once. If I gave Luke the benefit of the doubt he could beat a bloodlusted Vader in sabers, but he has shown nothing that says he would stand a chance in a force battle.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b02bbfb13940
#33 Posted by deactivated-5b02bbfb13940 (113 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think we can accurately measure Luke's abilities here. The safe answer is that Mace probably wins, but who really knows?

Avatar image for deactivated-5adf228fe15c2
#34 Posted by deactivated-5adf228fe15c2 (664 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Mace curbs.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
#35 Posted by FirestormFate1919 (6217 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke wins, I think he's pretty solidly the most powerful force user we've seen.

#36 Posted by TheVivas (19491 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for firestormfate1919
#37 Posted by FirestormFate1919 (6217 posts) - - Show Bio

@thevivas said:

@firestormfate1919: Because of that one feat?

Mainly, that was a pretty incredible level of power. But also so casually blowing apart a pretty thick stone hut just as a side affect of his severing Kylo's and Rey's connection.

Plus I think even RotJ Luke was pretty damn close to Windu after beating Vader, as in terms of cannon feats Vader should be neck-in-neck with Windu.

#38 Edited by Jedilearner12 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke is right now featless in lightsaber skill in TLJ, if you don't count Luke beating Rey in the use of staff. Luke impressed me a lot as a Force user in TLJ, though. Luke is probably a bit rusty in lightsaber use in TLJ, so I would give Mace advantage in lightsaber. While I don't think he's better than Yoda in lightsaber skill, he's still very very good in lightsaber skill. Force advantage goes easily to Luke, I think. TLJ did give us only taste of Luke's ability as a Force user but those tastes really impressed me. I think Luke would have been even more impresssive if he hadn't closed himself off from the Force for an unknown period of time. Movie didn't tell us how long Luke had been in that state, but it seems to me movie implied that Luke had been in that state for years, pretty much ever since his "exile".

Anyway, I think lightsaber round goes to Mace, Force round goes to Luke, and the all-out round depends on how much Luke abuses his Force powers, if he uses them a lot he should beat Mace, but if he only uses lightsaber, Mace should win. Just my opinion, though.

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
#39 Posted by ProteusXManRxis (4446 posts) - - Show Bio

Mace.