Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll TLA: Iroh vs Ozai (15 votes)

The Dragon of the West: General Iroh 60%
The Fire Lord: Ozai 40%

Conditions: Each fighter is as of their prime in ATLA. Ozai has just killed Zuko and is burning to kill his brother next. Iroh is enraged and is ready to unleash all of his fury. Who wins in a fight between two of the strongest fire benders to ever live?

Round 1: Comet

Round 2: No comet

Round 3: During a solar eclipse

No Caption Provided

Best of three wins

• 
viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh himself stated he was unclear if he would beat Ozai. Ozai's feats under the comet are far above Iroh's.

Ozai is pretty featless outside the comet. If Iroh wins it, it will mainly be due to lightning redirection. I feel Ozai is the superior fire bender.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c
deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh himself stated he was unclear if he would beat Ozai. Ozai's feats under the comet are far above Iroh's.

Ozai is pretty featless outside the comet. If Iroh wins it, it will mainly be due to lightning redirection. I feel Ozai is the superior fire bender.

This pretty much. No idea who wins the H2H round, but Iroh breaking out of a prison and being described as a one-man army is more then Ozai's got.

FuneralMen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FuneralMen

@mialthefencer said:
@viking1205 said:

This pretty much. No idea who wins the H2H round, but Iroh breaking out of a prison and being described as a one-man army is more then Ozai's got.

Let’s not forget Iroh knows how to lightning bend, he just doesn’t use it for a weird reason that’s escapes me, he used it when teaching Zuko to Redirect lightning

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killmonger101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rounds 1 and 2: Iroh while unsure did think he had a very good chance at beating Ozai. Zuko was even more confident he could do so as well. Add in that Iroh can redirect lightning as well as his training with the dragons and I’m fairly confident he wins at least a 6/10.

Round 3: Iroh puts him in a body bag 10/10 times. He broke the damn jail cell bars by himself and beat every prison guard bare handed. Anyone who thinks Ozai wins this isn’t thinking.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c
deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funeralmen: He does, but he hasn't shown the same sort of instant lightning or quick charge lightning that he could use in combat; Ozai's not going to let him charge for several seconds mid-fight.

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I give it to Iroh all 3.

R1 and R2 mainly due to lightning redirection. Ozai was caught completely off guard when Aang did it. Iroh is even better because he caught lightning from the sky by pure reflexes.

R3 Iroh due to superior martial arts and combat intelligence showings. He's fought while tied up and broke out of prison single-handed.

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I agree with this. Lightning redirection would be his best chance. And it's a very possible win since Ozai can't defend against it.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai 1 and 2 I think his fire is better. As long as he doesn't spam lightning he should win, and Irohs own lightning is slow in terms of charging.

Iroh round 3 probably.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

R1 goes to Ozai; R2 goes to Iroh for actually having feats; R3 can go either way but probably Iroh.

WorldsGreatest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WorldsGreatest

Ozai slaps. He’s shown to be a more skilled Firebender as he can shoot lightning in almost an instant from both hands and can tell when the comet was over even while being underground.

Whereas the prodigy,Azula only found out after hearing the lightning get redirected.

Ozai also got blasted by Avatar State Aang and sent flying hundreds of feet and hit his back on a rock and suffered little to no damage.

He’s a tanky beast and is more muscular than Iroh so he’d win R3.

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai wins Rounds 1 and 2 with 2 being closer in theory. Iroh may have the lightning redirection advantage, but Ozai's lightning is faster, and could maybe clash with Iroh's should he conjure it (which is slow). Plus, Ozai is confirmed to be the most powerful firebender, and Iroh's feats outside of the comet are honestly not super impressive compared to Azula's, or even Zuko's.

Ozai seems to have the advantage in Round 3 due to being very tanky and more fit, but Iroh took out a bunch of prison guards, and even before he got buffed, several of Azula's soldiers, so by feats, Iroh would win.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Iroh knew full well when the eclipse occured, given he escaped just that moment, and he has conjured lightning in motion while fleeing the Dai Li. His one mighty showing under Sozin's Comet is certainly more impressive power than what we saw from Ozai, and while Ozai has been described as the most powerful firebender of his time, he was also about to get killed by inferior benders simply because they made use of the technique Iroh himself invented.

It is difficult to say who the more efficient firebender is in combat all around, but Iroh should win on the advantage of lightning bending alone, it is by far the most powerful tool at their disposal, and he can not only use it offensively, but he can also use Ozai's own offence against him. There's no reliable counter from his brother to this.

ManimalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

probably ozai for rounds one and two since he's younger and in better condition. iroh should win round three thanks to being a more well rounded fighter.

Avatar image for thebluedragon20
thebluedragon20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Ozai might win in a very tough fight, but I don't think its by any great majority and only because he has shown both fire jets and a little more raw power. Ozai 5.5-6/10

R2:I would back Iroh, while Ozai's raw power under the comet was more impressive and he was stated to be the most powerful firebender, Iroh has more, and very impressive feats, plus fairly fast lightning and redirection.

3: Iroh and pretty easily at that. He has shown to be very fast, he is bulkier than Ozai which means he is possibly stronger, and most importantly he has shown the skills of a master H2H combatant in his few fights and by virtue of training Zuko.

FireLordMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai slaps. He’s shown to be a more skilled Firebender as he can shoot lightning in almost an instant from both hands and can tell when the comet was over even while being underground.

Whereas the prodigy,Azula only found out after hearing the lightning get redirected.

Ozai also got blasted by Avatar State Aang and sent flying hundreds of feet and hit his back on a rock and suffered little to no damage.

He’s a tanky beast and is more muscular than Iroh so he’d win R3.