Three Way CaV: TheWatcherKing (Yang) vs. DarthJHawk (Iron Fist) vs. King Hellstorm (MCU War Machine)

• 56 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yang vs. Iron Fist vs. MCU War Machine

No Caption Provided

Rules

• 616 Iron Fist
  • Prime Yang
  • Composite armors MCU War Machine
  • Morals on for Iron Fist and Yang, morals off for War Machine
  • No knowledge, random encounter.
  • No BFR.
  • Battle ends with the last man standing.
  • Standard gear.

Battle Location:

All three combatants are 35 feet apart, within eyesight
All three combatants are 35 feet apart, within eyesight

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By darthjhawk  Moderator

Nice, posting for bookmark.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By higherpower

@king_hellstorm: How many CaVs and tourney's have you entered this year alone? It's ?razy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_vulcan: I've only done 8.....not including this one.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_hellstorm: You make it sound like 8 new CaVs in a month isn't a lot, lol. And that's discounting carry overs from last year.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthjhawk: @thewatcherking Here is a quick opener cause I had the time.

"War Machine, coming at you."

War Machine

Theme Song:

Loading Video...

Bio:

Colonel James Rupert Rhodes, commonly known as Rhodey, is a U.S. military officer and jet pilot in the U.S. Air Force. He is the best friend of Tony Stark/Iron Man and the liaison between Stark Industries and the military in the Department of Acquisitions. When Stark was kidnapped by the Ten Rings, Rhodes led the mission to rescue his friend. He is known as War Machine when wearing his heavily-armed battlesuit but his alias was temporarily rebranded to Iron Patriotduring Aldrich Killian's War.

Having shown his worth during the Battle of Sokovia in which he battled an army of Ultron Sentries, Rhodes became a member of the Avengers under the leadership of Captain America. However Rhodes soon came into conflict with his teammates when he and Tony Stark sided with Thaddeus Ross on the Sokovia Accords. This eventually led to a full-blown conflict between the heroes, with Rhodes taking his friend Stark's side. During a battle with Captain America, Rhodes was badly injured and nearly paralyzed from a friendly-fire attack, forcing him to retire from hero work.

MCU wikia

Firepower

They call him War Machine, and in this section, you are going to find out why.

Gauntlet Guns:

You may make the mistake of assuming that his gauntlet guns are just regular old guns, but you would be mistaken. His gauntlet guns can pierce through metal with ease.

No Caption Provided

Need a better look? Well here you go

No Caption Provided

As you can see there, he uses his guns almost like a knife, shredding through a Hammer drone with ease.

Sonic Canon:

Here's a thing Tony wished he had. A sonic canon that can incapacitate foes and make them reel with pain. Here War Machine uses it against Scarlet Witch.

No Caption Provided

Now you may be thinking "gee I can just dodge that." but nope, War Machine has shown in the Iron Man 3 prelude comic that he can use the sonics in an AoE attack.

No Caption Provided

Missiles:

Sadly, Rhodes does not posses the legendary tank missile. But what he lacks in quality, he makes up for in quantity. This dude can fire off a lot of missiles.

No Caption Provided

And I mean a lot of missiles.

No Caption Provided

Mini-Gun:

Probably the weapon that he is most known for. This thing is like the gun gauntlets, but way better. It doesn't just shreds bots, it absolutely destroys them.

No Caption Provided

He can wreck a whole group of Ultron bots with ease.

No Caption Provided

And a whole parking lot of cars. He hits them so hard that they explode upon impact.

No Caption Provided

Repulsor Blasts:

Like Iron Man, War Machine posses Repulsor blasts but not not exactly like Tony's. His can knock a person across a room.

No Caption Provided

Tony can do that as well, yes. But what sets War machine apart is his ability to turn his blasts into a rapid fire mode. He is able to collapse a portion of a road doing this.

No Caption Provided

Also before you ask, you can see him firing off the blasts using his sides here and not his back like in the Ultron bots scan, so this is not a minigun.

War Baton:

I don't know what this is really called, but it doesn't matter since it probably won't be used. However, to cover my basis here is a scan of WM using his War Baton to create a mini energy wave when he hit Cap.

No Caption Provided

Combo Moves:

WM can also use his weapons in tandem with one another. Allowing him to fight multiple targets at once. Like in his epic battle with Iron Man.

No Caption Provided

He can also use all of his guns to fire at a single target.

No Caption Provided

Stats & Skill:

Know that you know his damage capability, I will show you his survivability and skill.

Durability:

War Machine is a tank above all else. Which means he is obviously as durable as one and then some. For starters he can take punches from Iron Man.

No Caption Provided

He can survive and walk away from a truck exploding on his face.

No Caption Provided

He is also completely bulletproof to Hammer tech Gatling fire (which is where he got his minigun).

No Caption Provided

Missiles are also nothing to him.

No Caption Provided

Not even 3 missiles hurt him.

Speed:

Now I will admit that WM is the slowest one here, but that doesn't mean that he is slow. He can react to a missile and swat it away with ease.

No Caption Provided

He can also fly at mach speeds.

No Caption Provided

He says that he is supersonic here.

No Caption Provided

He can also use his flight to be pretty evasive.

No Caption Provided

Strength:

Strength doesn't really matter for WM, but again to cover my basis here are a few feats. First of all he can throw IR through a ceiling and crack another.

No Caption Provided

He can also lift a tank.

No Caption Provided

Skill:

Now without the armor, Rhodes is already an ace marksman. He is quite accurate with his gun, being able to shoot something as small as a swinging cable.

No Caption Provided

But with the armor, his accuracy is enhanced. He is able to fire a barrage of bullets an hit all non-lethal spots.

No Caption Provided

He does this again, but this time his targets are surrounded by civilians yet he is able to take his targets down without harming a single one.

No Caption Provided

Strategy

Now, unlike Tony who is weaksauce against 2 fighters. Rhodes is an experienced soldier with 138 combat missions under his belt, he is a tactical fighter. Knowing that, I predict that he will take to the skies and scan his opponents like so

No Caption Provided

That scan should give him a look at your weapons and government Intel, but since you aren't from the MCU he would only learn that you are both largely unarmed asides from the gauntlets on Yang. Knowing that he will decide to use that knowledge to his advantage, so he will take an airborne defensive. This makes it so that you are both likely to fight each other rather than go after him. Now he will occasionally swoop down and fire some shots to throw off suspicion on his plan and help the losing side.

He will continue to do this until you are both tired visually weakened, then he goes attack mode. He will releases AoE missiles, AoE sonic blasts and a barrage of bullets on both of you, which should down you both after a while.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_hellstorm: You make it sound like 8 new CaVs in a month isn't a lot, lol. And that's discounting carry overs from last year.

Fine, fine. I promise that this will be my last CaV that I will start for the next 2 months. Screen cap this and rub it in my face if I break my promise.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_hellstorm: Not trying to make you promise anything, just letting you know you can take a breather lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By darthjhawk  Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

T4V, This is gonna be good :)

No Caption Provided

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kevd4wg

tag

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheWatcherKing

@darthjhawk@king_hellstorm

"Instead of sweetheart, you can just call me sir!"

Yang Xiao Long

Bio

Yang Xiao Long is a former student at Beacon Academy and one of the main protagonists of RWBY. Her weapons of choice are a pair of Dual Ranged Shot Gauntlets, Ember Celica.

She made her first appearance in the "Yellow" Trailer, searching for clues regarding the whereabouts of her mother, who left her when she was very young. At Beacon Academy, Yang becomes a member of Team RWBY alongside her younger half-sister Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee and Blake Belladonna.

Aura

Before we get into this you both need to understand how aura and semblances work, which this video can explain.

In short though a person's aura is a force field that protects the person from attacks and gradually heals their wounds.Due to it being a force field this means attacks piercing attacks can't do Yang any more damage than blunt force attacks would, at least until her aura is depleted.

Strength

Durability

Speed/maneuverability/skill

Gear

No Caption Provided

Due losing her right arm during the Fall of Beacon Yang has a replacement robotic arm(which is just as strong as her real one). On her robotic arm there is a gun that she of course uses during combat. On her left arm is her weapon ember celica which is a gauntlet that allows her to shoot bullets.She can also it to maneuver around in a fight(like she does here and here) as well as to do more damage with her punches.

The bullets that she fires can cause decently sized explosions as seen here, here, and here.

Semblance

Most in the world of rwby do have a semblance, and Yang is no exception to that.Her semblance allows her to take damage and dish it back out with even more power(twice the amount of power).

Loading Video...

After activating her semblance she not only destroys the arm to the paladin but also completely shatters it when she gets the chance.

Initial thoughts

Right from the start I noticed that Iron Fist is at a disadvantage here, as he is the only one without any ranged attacks that can be used.And at a distance of 35 ft. I find it pretty hard to believe that Iron Fist will easily cover that distance before getting shot, especially since he would be dodging ranged attacks from not only Yang but also War Machine as well. And even if he does cover the distance between(let's say War Machine) he would be vulnerable to getting shot by Yang. I am not going to get into who has the better stats between the two of them till I see your post but I do think Yang is more agile/maneuverable so that would be an edge she has here.

War Machine also has disadvantages here, as his stats are from what I can tell lower than Yang's or IF(at least when it comes to anything outside of lifting strength) which means in an up close fight he will get dominated pretty quickly by either. He is also the least skilled out of anyone here, and the least agile, so couple that with inferior speed will mean that he will have trouble landing any attacks that aren't his ranged ones.He can try to stay high in the air(which is out of character) but Yang can jump pretty high and the recoil on her gun can help send her further into the air, so he is by no means out of Yang's reach.

Even ignoring the disadvantage you guys have I think Yang has what is needed to win this. She is really durable, strong, and by no means slow, add to the fact that her semblance will allow her to be hitting with 2x the force of whatever you guys have just means that it is an undeniable fact that Yang will be hitting the hardest out of anyone here. The fact that your guys have no knowledge on how auras and semblances work means they definitely would be caught off guard when they start to notice Yang is getting stronger as the fight goes on. I definitely think that she has what is needed to handily beat WM(probably stomp him tbh) and beat Iron Fist in a much more difficult fight.

Loading Video...

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 darthjhawk  Moderator

@thewatcherking: Nice, I'll try and have my opener up soon. And then respond in our other match by tomorrow night hopefully.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheStarWarsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By darthjhawk  Moderator

@king_hellstorm: @thewatcherking: Alright gentlemen, lets do this!

The Immortal Iron Fist: Weapon of K'un-Lun

No Caption Provided

"I am the Iron Fist. I hold back the storm when nothing else can."

Opening Theme:

Loading Video...

An Introduction to the Living Weapon:

Background/Bio:

Daniel Rand was the son of Wendell Rand, a former inhabitant of the mystical city of K'un-Lun, which resided in another dimension and only appeared on earth once every 10 years. When he was 9 years old, Danny was taken by his father, along with his mother and Wendell's partner and co-CEO of his company, Harold Meachum, to return to K'un-Lun. But Harold killed Wendell to take the company for himself and left Danny and his mother to die in the mountains. Along the way his mother sacrificed herself so Danny could live, and he eventually found and was taken into the city of K'un-Lun.

And like all other boys in the city Danny was trained the martial arts though his whole life to possibly become the Iron Fist, K'un-Lun's champion who wielded the Chi of the dragon Shou-Lao the undying. Danny mastered all lesson's taught to him by the city's teacher, Lei Kung the Thunderer, and proved himself the best fighter of K'un-Lun. By doing this he earned the right to face Shou-Lao and take his Chi, which he succeeded in again. He had become next in the long line of Iron Fists. However, after doing this Danny followed in his father's footsteps and left K'un-Lun, where he became known to the world as Iron Fist, The Living Weapon, Hero for Hire, and other titles he would earn over the years.

• Danny's entry in The Marvel Encyclopedia Vol.1 (2002)

Powers & Abilities:

Master Martial Artist: Danny is a master of K'un-Lun's martial arts and many of Earth's. Among them being Kunlunquan, Shaolinquan, Judo, Aikido, Karate, and has even displayed proficient boxing, loose brawling and street fighting tactics. Danny is one of the greatest martial artists who has ever walked the earth; having held his own against Wolverine and Captain America struggling more with Wolverine in a contest of pure skill, defeated the likes of Sabretooth while temporarily blind, and even defeated Spider-Man, Daredevil, Colossus, and Nightcrawler. Recently his skill has been augmented to unknown levels. He, for example, possesses infinite ways to kill a man, such as the Black-Black Poison Touch which uses his chi to kill anyone in the close vicinity.

Chi Augmentation: Plunging his fists into the molten heart of Shou-Lao the Undying gave Rand the power of the Iron Fist, allowing him to focus his chi and enhance his natural abilities to extraordinary levels. Through concentration, Iron Fist can harness his spiritual energy, or chi, to augment his physical and mental capabilities to even superhuman levels. Recently his powers, skill, and awareness have been all augmented to vastly higher levels; while the extent is unknown, it was stated his sense of self has grown ten thousand fold and his capabilities now posses infinite depth. He no longer tires from using his chi and is capable of using his powers for greater tasks. Examples include destroying a train with the iron fist punch as it collided with his attack at full speed, healing himself from several external injuries, and detoxifying unwittingly ingested poison in his body with his chi.

Iron Fist Punch: By summoning his chi and focusing it into his hand, he can draw upon the superhuman energy derived from the heart of the mystic serpent Shou-Lao and make his fist inhumanly powerful and super humanly resistant to injury and pain on a very high superhuman level. This "iron fist" technique does not involve a physical transformation of any kind, simply a psychic channeling of concentrated natural energy. With his fist in this state, Iron Fist can shatter wood and brick, rip through steel, and punch his opponents with extraordinary concussive force without sustaining injury to himself. He can hit with such vast force that he has knocked out incredibly durable Super humans such as the likes of Colossus with his Iron Fist, shatter Scorpion's tail, destroy Thunderball's wrecking ball weapon, smash through jets, mechs, and in extreme cases, he has brought down the HammerHelicarrierwith one strike, The act of summoning and using his chi for the Iron Fist technique used to mentally drains him after long periods of use but no more.

Living Weapon I: General Showings

As already known by his reputation on the Vine, Danny is an extremely formidable opponent and is a very tough opponent to put down. This is not only due to his training and physicality, but also his tenacity and the power of the Iron Fist. Let's take a look at some of Danny's feats.

Iron Fist: The Living Weapon #1

Danny is more than capable of taking own an entire special forces unit of undead ninjas without too much trouble. Just to go over what is happening here.

• Senses the approaching Apaches and uses his agility and reflexes to draw them away from Brenda. He does this midair atop buildings/skyscrapers
  • Casually weaves and dodges machine gun fire from the unit at multiple angles
  • Running alongside the building and again utilizing agility and the unit's own gear agaisnt them, takes out many of them.
  • Finally charges the Iron Fist and uses it to take out both Apaches and consequently the undead ninja unit.

In the very next issue, Danny gets another decent feat, taking on more undead ninjas:

Iron Fist: The Living Weapon #2

Danny states that he is pretty tired,but takes out this group of ninja fodder just as easily as the previous issue and finishes them with a charged chi blast, that is not too dissimilar from a Kamehama Wave lol.

Iron Man 2.0 #7

During Fear Itself, Danny came under possession of Agamotto who was attempting to gain his power back and stop the Immortal Warriors from closing the gate. After overpowering the other warriors, Danny has a brief scuffle with War Machine. We see a few things here, that Danny is capable of fighting while unable to see his opponent and cause some decent damage to War Machine with basic attacks, and even have him compliment his speed.

Now you may try and say that he was amped by Agamotto or being possessed so it shouldn't be used, however Danny is actively fighting him off while battling War Machine, and is not going all-out. In fact he even lets himself be defeated, with Dr. Strange enhancing WM to knock Agamotto out of his body.

Either way if you think that is an outlier for Danny, I wouldn't say it is. He was capable of tangoing with Classic Iron Man as well:

Iron Fist Vol.1 #1

Not only is Danny capable of dodging Iron Man's initial bullrush, he quite literally trades blows with him for the entire fight, also capable of seeing past the illusion created by IM's image inducer, and even at the end of the fight, when they trade off behind-the-back bullrushes, Danny gets more hits in and takes a repulsor blast, and is still fighting on until Misty interrupts the fight.

Another good showing of his speed, senses, and combat abilities was when he took on a Hydra Assassination Squad:

Immortal Iron Fist Annual #1

Danny while recovering from being poisoned catches a sniper rifle bullet before it hit its intended target and then has what is a bonafide bullet timing feat dodging close range machine gun fire while closing the gap extremely quickly and taking out the rest of the squad.

Finally one more good feat to show off for Danny in this section is his fight against Sabertooth.

Iron Fist Vol. 1 #14

Here Danny takes out Sabertooth, back when he was a bonafide and solid threat, and could give Wolverine a great fight. What's even more impressive is that Danny was blind the entire fight and had to rely on his own speed, skill, and other senses to win the fight.

Living Weapon II: Combat Skill & Prowess

A few good feats for Danny's combat prowess come straight out of his first volume where he takes on the X-men, mainly Wolverine and Nightcrawler:

Iron Fist Vol. #15
  • Outreacts and outmaneuvers Wolverine, removing him from the apartment in their "first round", even when having difficulties charging the Iron Fist. While this Wolvie isn't as fleshed out as the modern one, it's still rather impressive in my book.
  • Outreacts Wolverine and Nightcrawler and temporarily takes them out of the fight, and then uses the IF to ragdoll Colussus
  • Finally he shows his skill and speed to predict the seconds and patterns between Nightcrawler's bamfs and strikes him. What makes that more impressive is that he doesn't have the luxury Wolverine has of studying and knowing Nightcrawler's tactics.

Another good showing is this one:

Iron Fist Vol. 3 #2

Danny takes out 88 highly trained Shield Agents in just under seven minutes. What makes this more impressive is the fact that his comrades say that if Danny was actually going all-out the fight would have been over in seconds, which imo is consistent with his feats.

One of his more modern and impressive skill and speed feats, is taking on Tomi Shisido, otherwise known as the Gorgon in New Avengers Vol. 2 #23:

No Caption Provided

And even we take his words for his arrogance, I still consider it an impressive feat for Danny to take on Gorgon.

Other Skill Showings:

• Scan 1: Knocks out a woman with a nerve pinch. (Power Man & Iron Fist Vol. 1 #53)
  • Scan 2: Knocks out Misty Knight with a nerve pinch. (Marvel Premiere #21)
  • Scan 3: Just to demonstrate that Danny likes to hit nerves (Power Man & Iron Fist Vol.1 #88)
  • Scan 4: Can utilize his Drunken Style to throw off opponents who use any sort of telepathy/move-readng/pre-cog like agaisnt Mr. X. (Thunderbolts Vol.1 #137)
  • Scan 5: Demonstrates different moves for different situations and attacks. Very versatile in his skillset.
  • Scan 6: Shows his mastery over nerve attacks and precise pinpoint strikes against Orson Randall, another Iron Fist. (Immortal Iron Fist #3)

Living Weapon III: The Iron Fist & Chi Manipulation

This will no doubt be one of the more, if not the most difficult area for me to debate given our pre-match setup and agreements. I will however do my best to keep from going overboard in this area. Like I said before and for the voters/readers feel free to call me out if you feel I overstep my bounds.

The Iron Fist:

Not much for me to say here, I think its pretty self explanatory:

• Scan 1: A weakened Iron Fist shatters an elevator bay door with ease. (Marvel Premiere #17)
  • Scan 2: Demonstrating that the fist only takes .03 seconds to charge and use. (Power Man & Iron Fist Vol. 1 #54)
  • Scan 3-5: The Iron Fist is enough to easily send classic Luke Cage flying through and cause great damage to buildings and causing Cage himself some significant pain. (Power Man Vol.1 #48)
  • Scan 6-7: The Iron Fist can send Skaar, son of Hulk flying. (New Avengers Vol. 2 #20)

Chi Blasts/Energy Projection:

• Scan 1: Takes out this group of ninja fodder just as easily as the previous issue and finishes them with a charged chi blast, that is not too dissimilar from a Kamehama Wave. (Immortal Iron Fist #2)
  • Scan 2: Uses Chi blasts to take out Hydra Agents, oneshotting them. ( Immortal Iron Fist #14)
  • Scan 3: Can create a huge dragon out of Chi to attack his opponents with. (Immortal Iron Fist #17
  • Scan 4: Utilizes Chi Blasts against bandits taking some out.

Energy Absorption:

• Scan 1: Absorbs energy blasts from Master Khan, a powerful sorcerer, noting that the energy is making him stronger. (Iron Fist Vol. 1 #7)
  • Scan 2-4: Survives Radion's massive building-busting blast by absorbing the energy. (Iron Fist Vol. 1 3-4)
  • Scan 5: Absorbs energy from a nuclear, electromagnetic train to make his IF stronger. (Immortal Iron Fist #14)

Wrapping Up: Initial Thoughts

That will conclude for my opener and my presentation of Danny Rand for now. I hope to have gotten three major points across in this post:

• Iron Fist has not only the physical capabilities, but the skill and tenacity to hand with both Yang and Rhodes.
  • The Iron Fist is arguably the most destructive attack here and I have conveyed its power in this post (More to come if needed!)
  • Danny also has the means to potentially counter the long range energy projection of both WM and Yang and can play a long range battle as well.

Looking at the openers it seems part of the play is to start at long range and try to put Danny at a disadvantage that way. That's prefectely fine. However the way I see it, given Danny's speed, agility, and skills he should have the means to overcome, counter, and negate the long range advantages his opponents have on him. He also has his own ranged offensive and defensive options. However once Danny gets up close, it becomes his ball game. Given that he has seen something like WM in his own universe before, WM himself ironically, he should not only have a strategy, but the mind to counter and fight him. He'll likely want to take him out first given his flight advantage and I'm willing to bet on Danny's speed here. Yang is a different beast altogether, however I think is so far defiently comparable in speed and agility, but has the definite advantage in skill. Combining that with his Chi Manipulation he should be able to take a victory here.

My strategy isn't super elaborate or complex,IF is a straightforward, lean, mean fighting machine. He'll take it to his opponents with all he's got and see this through to the end. I'll leave it at that for now and turn this back over to you guys. Good luck to us all!

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 darthjhawk  Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthjhawk: @thewatcherking: This was shorter than I expected, so have it a day early.

"Stand down, now!" War Machine to Cap and Bucky

So far I see two points of contention for me to debate, so I will address them first then get to specifics.

Taking War Machine Out

You both mentioned that you take Rhodey out, but you don't exactly mention how. So I will assume that you either try to blitz him before he leaves the ground or take him out from the air, but neither will happen as I will show.

War Machine's Durability V.S. Yang's Explosives and Iron Fist's Chi

For Yang I was shown these scans

The bullets that she fires can cause decently sized explosions as seen here, here, and here.

But those look like grenade level blasts, maybe large grenade level if I am being generous. But grenades are quite literally nothing to War Machine.

In fact in Civil War he tanked multiple explosives that looked to be the same size of Yang's and he was still flying unfazed (he just looks at Falcon like "WTF man!?" lol).

No Caption Provided

So I am not sure how you intend on bringing him down with suck attacks. I also need to see accuracy scans for Yang to know if she can even hit a target going mach speeds.

As for Iron Fist I am shown these

Scan 1: Takes out this group of ninja fodder just as easily as the previous issue and finishes them with a charged chi blast, that is not too dissimilar from a Kamehama Wave. (Immortal Iron Fist #2)

Scan 2: Uses Chi blasts to take out Hydra Agents, oneshotting them. ( Immortal Iron Fist #14)

Scan 3: Can create a huge dragon out of Chi to attack his opponents with. (Immortal Iron Fist #17

Scan 4: Utilizes Chi Blasts against bandits taking some out.

Which fares worse than the Yang ones, since not only is it not more powerful (the fodder IF used it on seemed fine) than Yang's blasts but I am also not given a range, so I don't even know if Danny can hit a target as far as WM will be. So again, chi won't hurt WM either.

Let's not forget how tough WM is here, remember Gatling guns that blow up cars do not affect him.

The company who made his guns in Iron Man 2 made the tank that was shooting him in the prelude. Hammer tech.

War Machine V.S. Yang and Iron Fist's Speed

I will be honest and say that neither you haven't really shown anything speed wise worth addressing, I don't think that either of you can close 35 feet before WM takes off. Like I said he is mach speed, in his first suit he was able to get altitude in seconds.

No Caption Provided

Not only that but even if you do blitz him before he gets too high then it's W/E to him. I mean, watch his smooth moves when Scarlet Witch slams him hard enough to smash part of an airplane.

No Caption Provided

He just turns around, feet not ever touching the ground.

Counters: Taking Out Iron Fist and Yang

Yang:

War Machine also has disadvantages here, as his stats are from what I can tell lower than Yang's or IF(at least when it comes to anything outside of lifting strength) which means in an up close fight he will get dominated pretty quickly by either. He is also the least skilled out of anyone here, and the least agile, so couple that with inferior speed will mean that he will have trouble landing any attacks that aren't his ranged ones.

Yes, WM is the weakest one in CQC. Capitalize on that and you will win, but you cannot capitalize on it due to the fact that once he is up in the air, you cannot bring him down.

He can try to stay high in the air(which is out of character)

No, it isn't. He quite literally explains that he likes taking the high ground in fights.

Loading Video...

And in the Civil War fight, his feet barely ever touches the ground by choice.

but Yang can jump pretty high and the recoil on her gun can help send her further into the air, so he is by no means out of Yang's reach.

That is a really slow acceleration speed, Wm can easily go higher. And no, that is not nearly high enough.

No Caption Provided

Even ignoring the disadvantage you guys have I think Yang has what is needed to win this. She is really durable, strong, and by no means slow, add to the fact that her semblance will allow her to be hitting with 2x the force of whatever you guys have just means that it is an undeniable fact that Yang will be hitting the hardest out of anyone here.

Is she bulletproof? That is the only type of durability that matters, that and durability against energy, explosions and sonics.

The fact that your guys have no knowledge on how auras and semblances work means they definitely would be caught off guard when they start to notice Yang is getting stronger as the fight goes on. I definitely think that she has what is needed to handily beat WM(probably stomp him tbh) and beat Iron Fist in a much more difficult fight.

Don't get too arrogant. All you advantages are nearly useless against WM while all of his are something you have shown no counters to.

Iron Fist:

Looking at the openers it seems part of the play is to start at long range and try to put Danny at a disadvantage that way. That's prefectely fine. However the way I see it, given Danny's speed, agility, and skills he should have the means to overcome, counter, and negate the long range advantages his opponents have on him.

Speed can't make new space appear and WM can limit your options and corner you with his overwhelming arsenal. You would be dodging repulsors from his palms, machine guns from his wrists, Gatling from his back and missiles everywhere else. That is a lot to dodge, but when you consider the fact that he can collapse the ground around you (which I showed twice but here again)

No Caption Provided

Then it shows that Danny will have less and less room and there will be more and ore projectiles closing in (since they will be shooting in a more dense formation over time).

He also has his own ranged offensive and defensive options.

Offense that won't touch WM. Also, is Danny bulletproof?

However once Danny gets up close, it becomes his ball game. Given that he has seen something like WM in his own universe before, WM himself ironically, he should not only have a strategy, but the mind to counter and fight him.

Once he gets close, WM get further.

He'll likely want to take him out first given his flight advantage and I'm willing to bet on Danny's speed here.

You have shown nothing that indicates that WM can be blitzed by him.

My strategy isn't super elaborate or complex,IF is a straightforward, lean, mean fighting machine. He'll take it to his opponents with all he's got and see this through to the end. I'll leave it at that for now and turn this back over to you guys. Good luck to us all!

And it will be the first time that Danny will realize that sometimes, your best isn't good enough.

The Fight

I already outlined my strategy but after reading the openers, here is how I think the fight itself will go.

1. First of all, Danny will try to blitz WM

He'll likely want to take him out first given his flight advantage and I'm willing to bet on Danny's speed here.

However thanks to Yang making use of the range advantage seemingly from the get go, Danny is held back

Right from the start I noticed that Iron Fist is at a disadvantage here, as he is the only one without any ranged attacks that can be used.And at a distance of 35 ft. I find it pretty hard to believe that Iron Fist will easily cover that distance before getting shot, especially since he would be dodging ranged attacks from not only Yang but also War Machine as well.

Which means that WM can easily escape Danny and fly up (and if Yang doesn't attack Danny then WM still narrowly escapes given the distance).

2. Afterwards, as I said WM will stay up in the defensive, forcing the two brawlers to duke it out, and like I said WM will mainly play support here, helping whoever is loosing so that both fighters will be as tired as possible.

3. Then WM flies down and lets lose once his opponents are visually weakened. Once he does that it is the end of the game. I said this to DJH and IF but it applies to Yang as well

"Speed can't make new space appear and WM can limit your options and corner you with his overwhelming arsenal. You would be dodging repulsors from his palms, machine guns from his wrists, Gatling from his back and missiles everywhere else. That is a lot to dodge, but when you consider the fact that he can collapse the ground around you (which I showed twice but here again)"

But to make matters worse, WM also posses AoE sonics. Something that basically negates speed and skill as it hinders concentration greatly and derails your train of thought (you can't move right if you can't think straight).

No Caption Provided

And before you say that you are more durable than normal humans, it does not matter unless you have feats of specifically resisting sonic attacks, as attacking the ear is a near universal weak point.

Viltrumites are affected by sonics (even weak to them), Injustice Superman is vulnerable to them, Amazo is, Kevin 11 is and Apollo's eardrums get squashed by Midnighter. That's Image, Injustice, DC, Ben 10 and Wildstorm showing that not even mid/high tiers are automatically more resistant to sonics than a normal man is. Granted, the sonics used against those characters are weaker than WM's, but your characters are similarly weaker than the ones that were affected by sonics.

Summary

You can't take him down, you can't blitz him at this distance and you can't close the gap. Meanwhile, he can take you both down with his overwhelming attacks and sonics.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 darthjhawk  Moderator

@king_hellstorm: I see, nice. I find this new debating style you have interesting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By darthjhawk  Moderator

@king_hellstorm: as in it’s a little different from how I’ve seen you debate before.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthjhawk: In what way? I haven't deliberately changed anything. Lol.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 darthjhawk  Moderator

@king_hellstorm: In the way you seem to approach scans and arguments now, it appeared in our other match as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 darthjhawk  Moderator

@king_hellstorm: Well its not really something for me to decide, I’m no expert or master debater, it was just something I noted is all. But we’ll see in the future.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Nice work guys, tag me.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheWatcherKing

@king_hellstorm@darthjhawk

No Caption Provided

Counters to Hellstorm

Firepower

You may make the mistake of assuming that his gauntlet guns are just regular old guns, but you would be mistaken. His gauntlet guns can pierce through metal with ease.

These are decently impressive...for an MCU character. The thing is I doubt you will see those guns do anything on par with what Yang's guns have been shown to do.I can expand upon my reasoning for that if needed, but I don't see WM's guns doing the damage that ember celica has been shown doing in my section for gear.

As you can see there, he uses his guns almost like a knife, shredding through a Hammer drone with ease.

Like I said before, aura negates the difference between piercing damage and blunt force damage. This has allowed people like Ruby Rose to tank being cut and slashed by Tyrian(someone far more powerful than herself) and allowed Weiss to tank being hit with a bullet when her back was turned. So as far as I'm concerned the bullets would be more effective against Iron Fist, not so much against Yang(although I'm not saying Yang would just let herself be hit, as she can and would dodge the bullets).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Yang can no sell those bullets, I just don't think Yang will be one shotted either.

Sonic Canon:

Here's a thing Tony wished he had. A sonic canon that can incapacitate foes and make them reel with pain. Here War Machine uses it against Scarlet Witch.

This is cool, the interesting thing about this is that if War Machine used it that would actually be helping Yang, and I can explain why.

Back in Vol. 3 chapter 5 we see Yang being completely unaffected by Flynt's sonic attack, so much so that she is capable of fighting while being hit with it.

And even right afterwards Flynt activates his semblance which created four of himself, and despite that Yang still is shown tanking his attack, and powers through it to knock out Flynt.And I would actually argue his sonics are more powerful than War Machine's, because they were shown sending Weiss flying multiple times in the fight.

Want to know what makes this even more impressive?Yang wasn't even at her best when that happened, as right before it we see how low her aura level had gotten.

No Caption Provided

So if Yang can while her aura level is near depletion tank stronger sonic attacks than WM has, then I have no doubt in my mind that Yang will be fine when she starts this fight at her best. Now here is where I explain why this helps Yang, as shown Yang was capable of fighting while being hit with the sonic attacks, so if Iron Fist is reeling in pain from the attack Yang can use that to beat on him till he is defeated. After that is done Yang will just go after WM(the guy who you admitted is the slowest person here) and beat him senseless. He can't just fly away from her as this is a fight, so either she jumps to him and uses her weapons to maneuver after him, or WM starts fighting and gets destroyed.

Either way this is going to help Yang more so than you probably thought it would.

Now you may be thinking "gee I can just dodge that." but nope, War Machine has shown in the Iron Man 3 prelude comic that he can use the sonics in an AoE attack.

That looks no different than what we see in civil war,he is just standing in front of them and we see the attack from a different angle. Regardless please do this, it only guarantees that Yang will be the last person standing in this fight.

Sadly, Rhodes does not posses the legendary tank missile. But what he lacks in quality, he makes up for in quantity. This dude can fire off a lot of missiles.

Meh, Yang can simply dodge them or counter with her own bullets, it should be no problem really.

Probably the weapon that he is most known for. This thing is like the gun gauntlets, but way better. It doesn't just shreds bots, it absolutely destroys them.

These are pretty impressive, too bad he has only ever tagged fodder with it and even then it was when they were off guard.

Like Iron Man, War Machine posses Repulsor blasts but not not exactly like Tony's. His can knock a person across a room.

That's not impressive, like at all. Yang took blasts from Mercury and all it did was piss her off.

Tony can do that as well, yes. But what sets War machine apart is his ability to turn his blasts into a rapid fire mode. He is able to collapse a portion of a road doing this.

Cool, so Yang can still just tank it,or dodge it, or counter with her own attacks.

I don't know what this is really called, but it doesn't matter since it probably won't be used. However, to cover my basis here is a scan of WM using his War Baton to create a mini energy wave when he hit Cap.

That's not doing anything to Yang, and I'm pretty sure the device exploded and that was the "mini energy wave" we see.But again it matters not, WM is never going to tag Yang with it, she can dance around him and even if she was hit I'm confident she can no sell it.

WM can also use his weapons in tandem with one another. Allowing him to fight multiple targets at once. Like in his epic battle with Iron Man.

He can also use all of his guns to fire at a single target.

That's cool,now explain to me how War Machine plans on tagging Yang with it when he is the slowest person here(something you admitted yourself).

Stats/Accuracy

Durability

War Machine is a tank above all else. Which means he is obviously as durable as one and then some. For starters he can take punches from Iron Man.

And? What has Iron Man done that nears what Yang can do without her semblance? From what I can, the best feat he has pre-avengers when it comes to striking is punching through a wall, something Yang has done far better than.Here Yang not only destroys a wall that is behind her, but does it while her armed was encased in ice. Yang as I shown in my opener has sent multiple people flying at supersonic speeds, one shotted beowolves, and sent cars flying with a punch. WM's durability is not noteworthy and Yang would have no problem one shotting him.

He can survive and walk away from a truck exploding on his face.

Which did damage his suit, and it's not like the truck landed directly on him, as we see it hit the ground and explode before it reaches WM.

He is also completely bulletproof to Hammer tech Gatling fire (which is where he got his minigun).

Yang's guns have dropped things like a nevermore, at the very least War Machine is going to be staggered by it if not more.

Missiles are also nothing to him.

Not even 3 missiles hurt him.

Cool.

Speed

Now I will admit that WM is the slowest one here, but that doesn't mean that he is slow.

In comparison to everyone else he is.

He can react to a missile and swat it away with ease.

Yang has reacted to missiles as well.

He can also fly at mach speeds.

He says that he is supersonic here.

Cool, so he can dust Yang and Iron Fist in a race, it's good thing this is a fight then.

He can also use his flight to be pretty evasive.

Giant man was moving hella slow there, like I don't think that is impressive at all.

Strength

Strength doesn't really matter for WM,

It does,as he isn't going to be attacking from a distance forever.

but again to cover my basis here are a few feats. First of all he can throw IR through a ceiling and crack another.

He can also lift a tank.

So what are his striking feats? So far all you have proven is that he would win a weight lifting competition against Yang, not a fight though.

Accuracy

Now without the armor, Rhodes is already an ace marksman. He is quite accurate with his gun, being able to shoot something as small as a swinging cable.

So he has good accuracy with a handgun, how is that relevant here? That doesn't show he can tag a fast opponent like Yang, and that doesn't prove he is a skilled fighter either.

But with the armor, his accuracy is enhanced. He is able to fire a barrage of bullets an hit all non-lethal spots.

He does this again, but this time his targets are surrounded by civilians yet he is able to take his targets down without harming a single one.

It's just his targeting system, that isn't proof that his own personal accuracy is enhanced. Although it doesn't matter, I don't think he can tag Yang regardless.

Counters to your plan

Now, unlike Tony who is weaksauce against 2 fighters. Rhodes is an experienced soldier with 138 combat missions under his belt, he is a tactical fighter.

And? He has no combat skill feats, has no experience fighting multiple opponents at once(like Yang does), and fighting in the military for years time is unimpressive as that in no way gives you similar experience to fighting someone like Yang.

Knowing that, I predict that he will take to the skies and scan his opponents like so

That scan should give him a look at your weapons and government Intel, but since you aren't from the MCU he would only learn that you are both largely unarmed asides from the gauntlets on Yang.

*Gauntlet.

Anyway this means he would know practically nothing,which brings me into this.

Knowing that he will decide to use that knowledge to his advantage, so he will take an airborne defensive.

He would have no reason to think he needs to do such a thing, all he will see is a teenager blonde girl and some man in his pajamas, what makes you think he will instantly think he needs to fly away from them?He has no knowledge on them, and would know they are mostly unarmed(as you said) so why would he go about this fight like he knows just how outstated he is?

Now he will occasionally swoop down and fire some shots to throw off suspicion on his plan and help the losing side.

No offense but come on, do you really think Yang and Iron Fist are that stupid? Even if they did initially fight each other(which is plausible) there is a 0% chance that they would let War Machine keep shooting at them from the skies and not do something about it. If anything this would lead to them not fighting each other, and instead focusing on WM till he is defeated so that they can fight each other afterwards.

To quote Tony Stark, "Not a great plan."

He will continue to do this until you are both tired visually weakened, then he goes attack mode.

This will never happen, yang can jump really high and with her gauntlets she can maneuver after WM.And I don't see why this won't work as this is a fight, if WM keeps just flying away then he isn't fighting(and if you feel he needs to do this that shows just how weak WM is in comparison to Yang and Iron Fist).

He will releases AoE missiles,

She can counter by shooting back at him, dodging, or tanking those missiles(she is more likely to dodge or shoot back though).

AoE sonic blasts

Which will help Yang beat Iron Fist, as she can probably no sell(at the very least easily tank) WM's sonics. I don't think Iron Fist can, so after he's done there is nothing that can prolong the beating Yang will give WM.

a barrage of bullets on both of you

He has literally only ever tagged fodder with them, I'd love to see him try to tag a casual bullet timer.

which should down you both after a while.

This will never happen, Yang has range herself and is fast enough to blitz bullet timers. Can you explain why WM won't get blitzed?Because War Machine is likely to try to fight up close, so with Yang strength and superior speed why isn't WM taken down easily?

Taking out War Machine

War Machine's Durability V.S. Yang's Explosives and Iron Fist's Chi

But those look like grenade level blasts, maybe large grenade level if I am being generous. But grenades are quite literally nothing to War Machine.

Not really,large grenade level explosions wouldn't one shot Neon Katt or send three white fangs members an impressive distance into a building like they did. On top of this Yang's bullets have been shown to drop Giant Nevermores from the sky, and it's not like they aren't durable.

It should be noted that if anyone hits WM's arc reactor he is pretty much done for, so if Yang's blast hit him there it's over for him.

In fact in Civil War he tanked multiple explosives that looked to be the same size of Yang's and he was still flying unfazed (he just looks at Falcon like "WTF man!?" lol).

They're clearly smaller, I don't know how you can say that is bigger than this, and by feats Yang's is more powerful regardless.

So I am not sure how you intend on bringing him down with suck attacks. I also need to see accuracy scans for Yang to know if she can even hit a target going mach speeds.

Stop pretending that War Machine will spend his entire time here flying at mach whatever speeds away from the fight, that is entirely out of character and you know it.

War Machine V.S. Yang and Iron Fist's Speed

I don't think that either of you can close 35 feet before WM takes off.

WM isn't going to take to the skies in the way you say he will in your plan, even if he did he won't be staying so high that he is out of range.

Not only that but even if you do blitz him before he gets too high then it's W/E to him. I mean, watch his smooth moves when Scarlet Witch slams him hard enough to smash part of an airplane.

Everyone here is faster and hits harder than Scarlet witch, you showing him getting tagged is not doing you any favors.

Yang:

Yes, WM is the weakest one in CQC. Capitalize on that and you will win,

Saying this is practically conceding, but alright, let me get into why War Machine will get stomped.

No, it isn't. He quite literally explains that he likes taking the high ground in fights.

"Likes" isn't the word I would use. Regardless he not only DID NOT take the high grounds in the fight, but he has never ever done anything remotely resembling what your plan is. In Civil War he did not fly into the air at mach speeds and stay out of Team Cap's range at any point.He did use flight but he stayed close to the ground that he got tagged by Scarlet Witch, Cap's Shield,close enough that Ant Man was able to get onto him(which also shows he never uses mach speeds for combat),and as you shown was on the ground so when he was hit by Ant Man's truck. Even when he saw that attack coming he didn't take to the skies,and ended up being tagged by something Iron Fist and Yang never would have been touched by.

Do you see how flawed your plan is? You're suggesting that War Machine will do something that he has not only never done, but has NEVER done anything even similar to whatsoever. Show me one time that War Machine has took off at any speed as soon as the fight started, practically avoiding a fight with people he doesn't know, and periodically came back down to shoot random ranged attacks from the skies. If you can do that I will concede to that point, but you CAN'T as he has never done it.

When fighting Cap he stayed close to the ground, when fighting Giant man he did the same,he may use flight but he will NOT do what you have just said at all. He will fight up close(like he has done in every single fight he has ever been in) and will as a result get wrecked like Iron Man was by Cap and Bucky.

No Caption Provided

Except it will be so much worse, as Yang as far as I can see, can one shot him without her semblance as his best blunt force durability feat is taking a punch from Iron Man.Add to that Yang and Iron Fist are much faster than Bucky and Cap(which means WM can't get a hit in), and much more skilled. Really if and when WM comes in for cqc either Yang or Iron Fist could beat him solo, I have no idea why you think he can stand up to either in this fight.

And in the Civil War fight, his feet barely ever touches the ground by choice.

Not true, as he was on the ground by choice when he was hit by Ant Man's truck and purposely landed when the teams vision was trying to talk down Cap's team. But regardless that makes it worse, as WM was trying not to be grounded(according to you) and was anyway by inferior combatants to Yang or IF.

That is a really slow acceleration speed, Wm can easily go higher. And no, that is not nearly high enough.

It's really not slow but it hardly matters, as War Machine has never been the type to just run away from a fight.I see no reason to think that he will fly out of Yang's range when he knows nothing about her or Danny, like you said he will know they are mostly unarmed. Can you honestly say that a War Machine that is willing to kill is going to think he needs to gain distance from people who are waaaay less armed than he is?

Is she bulletproof? That is the only type of durability that matters,

Check under the section of aura in my opener.

that and durability against energy, explosions and sonics.

It's a good thing then that she has that durability.

All you advantages are nearly useless against WM while all of his are something you have shown no counters to.

It's the other way around.

The Fight

However thanks to Yang making use of the range advantage seemingly from the get go, Danny is held back

Which means that WM can easily escape Danny and fly up (and if Yang doesn't attack Danny then WM still narrowly escapes given the distance).

WM will not do this, he didn't against Cap or Giant Man(he even purposely lands while fighting him), or literally anyone at all. The most he has shown is that he will fly a couple dozen ft. in the air when fighting those that can't fly, which isn't out of anyone's reach.

(and if Yang doesn't attack Danny then WM still narrowly escapes given the distance).

Are you saying WM will barely get away from Iron Fist if Yang doesn't shoot at Danny? Because Yang can cover the distance between herself and war machine really quickly with her guns(faster than IF can) so if that is what you're saying then Yang can close the distance.

Afterwards, as I said WM will stay up in the defensive, forcing the two brawlers to duke it out, and like I said WM will mainly play support here, helping whoever is loosing so that both fighters will be as tired as possible.

Your plan has Yang and Danny acting like stupid blondes, seriously do you think that they will just let themselves get shot at and not do anything about it? I find it much more likely that Yang and Iron Fist would temporarily work together and take out their mutual enemy if WM somehow were to do your completely out of character plan.

Then WM flies down and lets lose once his opponents are visually weakened. Once he does that it is the end of the game.

Not really,in character Yang and Danny are not dumb enough to fall for such a simple plan.

"Speed can't make new space appear and WM can limit your options and corner you with his overwhelming arsenal. You would be dodging repulsors from his palms, machine guns from his wrists, Gatling from his back and missiles everywhere else.

Yang and Danny are two different people, if Rhodey starts shooting at them he will have to focus on one of them more than the other. Meaning he will be left open by an attack by either one's ranged attacks.

That is a lot to dodge, but when you consider the fact that he can collapse the ground around you (which I showed twice but here again)"

He was fighting on a random street in asia iirc, which means he could collapse the ground because there would have been a sewer system under the ground. The location for this seems to be in front of a mansion in a mountainous area, I don't think War Machine can collapse the ground and even if he could so what? Is Yang going to give up because WM got a little dirt on her? If anything this would just piss her off and cause her to be more aggressive with her attacks.

But to make matters worse, WM also posses AoE sonics. Something that basically negates speed and skill as it hinders concentration greatly and derails your train of thought (you can't move right if you can't think straight).

Yang would say otherwise.

And before you say that you are more durable than normal humans, it does not matter unless you have feats of specifically resisting sonic attacks, as attacking the ear is a near universal weak point.

I believe everyone knows that.

Viltrumites are affected by sonics (even weak to them), Injustice Superman is vulnerable to them, Amazo is, Kevin 11 is and Apollo's eardrums get squashed by Midnighter. That's Image, Injustice, DC, Ben 10 and Wildstorm showing that not even mid/high tiers are automatically more resistant to sonics than a normal man is. Granted, the sonics used against those characters are weaker than WM's, but your characters are similarly weaker than the ones that were affected by sonics.

Yang has resistance to sonics, so it doesn't matter.

You can't take him down,

Yang can literally one shot him.

you can't blitz him at this distance and you can't close the gap.

Yang doesn't need to, every single time WM has ever been in a fight he has never done anything that your plan needs for him to do.

Meanwhile, he can take you both down with his overwhelming attacks and sonics.

Nope.

Counters to DarthJHawk

General feats

Danny is more than capable of taking own an entire special forces unit of undead ninjas without too much trouble. Just to go over what is happening here.

Casually weaves and dodges machine gun fire from the unit at multiple angles

It looks more like they are simply missing in that scan, I mean he is dangling besides a building in that scan.

During Fear Itself, Danny came under possession of Agamotto who was attempting to gain his power back and stop the Immortal Warriors from closing the gate. After overpowering the other warriors, Danny has a brief scuffle with War Machine. We see a few things here, that Danny is capable of fighting while unable to see his opponent and cause some decent damage to War Machine with basic attacks, and even have him compliment his speed.

Now you may try and say that he was amped by Agamotto or being possessed so it shouldn't be used, however Danny is actively fighting him off while battling War Machine, and is not going all-out. In fact he even lets himself be defeated, with Dr. Strange enhancing WM to knock Agamotto out of his body.

Yeah it's pretty clear to me that is outlier. You can't honestly say that you think Iron Fist is capable of taking on war machine, and that Dr.Strange needed to amp WM so that he could beat a Danny that wanted to lose.

I do believe he was amped, and even if he wasn't that would simply be some horrible pis.

Either way if you think that is an outlier for Danny, I wouldn't say it is. He was capable of tangoing with Classic Iron Man as well:

Not only is Danny capable of dodging Iron Man's initial bullrush, he quite literally trades blows with him for the entire fight, also capable of seeing past the illusion created by IM's image inducer, and even at the end of the fight, when they trade off behind-the-back bullrushes, Danny gets more hits in and takes a repulsor blast, and is still fighting on until Misty interrupts the fight.

Iron man was holding back the whole fight(and took Danny's best punches with no damage), as soon as Tony got serious he was about to kill Iron Fist till Misty came in to save him.

No Caption Provided

Danny while recovering from being poisoned catches a sniper rifle bullet before it hit its intended target and then has what is a bonafide bullet timing feat dodging close range machine gun fire while closing the gap extremely quickly and taking out the rest of the squad.

This is a pretty good speed feat, but by the time that he dodges the machine gunfire the poison is burned out of his system as your second scan states.

Here Danny takes out Sabertooth, back when he was a bonafide and solid threat, and could give Wolverine a great fight. What's even more impressive is that Danny was blind the entire fight and had to rely on his own speed, skill, and other senses to win the fight.

There are a few things to keep in mind.

1. For the beginning portion of the fight sabertooth was toying with iron fist, which gave him time to adapt to his blindness.
  2. Once IF had relied on his senses IF says that sabertooth was fighting wildly, and not thinking at all.
  3. Finally Danny said if creed knew martial arts and was more skilled he wouldn't have won even with his eyes(probably).

This matters as Yang does not fight like Creed does,and while not as skilled as Iron Fist she is pretty skilled herself and isn't the type to toy with those that she fights.

Skill

Outreacts and outmaneuvers Wolverine, removing him from the apartment in their "first round", even when having difficulties charging the Iron Fist. While this Wolvie isn't as fleshed out as the modern one, it's still rather impressive in my book.

It's decent but I doubt such moves would come in handy here, I mean Yang and WM are already outside, so Iron Fist's accidently throwing Logan out a window loses its meaning a bit.

Outreacts Wolverine and Nightcrawler and temporarily takes them out of the fight, and then uses the IF to ragdoll Colussus

The most skill he shown here was flipping Wolverine.

Finally he shows his skill and speed to predict the seconds and patterns between Nightcrawler's bamfs and strikes him. What makes that more impressive is that he doesn't have the luxury Wolverine has of studying and knowing Nightcrawler's tactics.

This is impressive, no comment here.

Danny takes out 88 highly trained Shield Agents in just under seven minutes. What makes this more impressive is the fact that his comrades say that if Danny was actually going all-out the fight would have been over in seconds, which imo is consistent with his feats.

This is a good feat, but I find it kind of weird that he's said to be unable to dodge the gunfire for long in the last scan. If this isn't just a low showing then he will have trouble closing the distance between anyone in this fight, since WM will be using all his guns to shoot at Danny while Yang is shooting at him as well.

One of his more modern and impressive skill and speed feats, is taking on Tomi Shisido, otherwise known as the Gorgon in New Avengers Vol. 2 #23:

Gorgon does say that he is saving his fight for Logan, so he wasn't going all out.

And even we take his words for his arrogance, I still consider it an impressive feat for Danny to take on Gorgon.

Maybe, but Gorgon seemed to be jobbing in that comic, as on the next page he is one shotted by Daredevil. Sure he was caught off guard, but someone of his caliber shouldn't be dropped by Matt regardless.

Scan 1: Knocks out a woman with a nerve pinch. (Power Man & Iron Fist Vol. 1 #53)

Scan 2: Knocks out Misty Knight with a nerve pinch. (Marvel Premiere #21)

Scan 3: Just to demonstrate that Danny likes to hit nerves (Power Man & Iron Fist Vol.1 #88)

It's not going to be the easiest thing in the world for Danny to use here, as Yang is(as you put it) comparable in speed and agility, the person in the first scan was not fighting IF and in the second she wasn't comparable in stats to him.

Scan 4: Can utilize his Drunken Style to throw off opponents who use any sort of telepathy/move-readng/pre-cog like agaisnt Mr. X. (Thunderbolts Vol.1 #137)

Well Yang doesn't have any telepathy or precognition.

Scan 6: Shows his mastery over nerve attacks and precise pinpoint strikes against Orson Randall, another Iron Fist. (Immortal Iron Fist #3)

Same as before, using nerve strikes while not in combat is one thing, but using them on someone in a fight that has similar speed to yourself is much harder.

And while I will not argue that Iron Fist is more skilled than Yang by the same token nothing you have showed puts his skill so far above Yang's. Yang has been shown matching the likes of Mercury Black in skill(and outright stalemated him for an extended period of time in Vol. 5 mostly off screen). The reason that this is impressive is because he was able to kill his Dad(Marcus Black) who is an assassin while he was a kid, and the dad must have been deadly as Cinder was seeking him out so that she could successfully hunt the Fall Maiden. If that's not enough Mercury was able to hold his own against the likes of Pyrrha((4:17-5:42)) and taking on Coco and Yatsuhashi by himself without much trouble(1:25-2:19).Mercury also shows some skill against Yats at 2:33 of the same video.And like I said, Yang was capable of stalemating him, so I by no means think that Yang is going to get hopelessly outskilled based on what you have shown.

Chi

Scan 2: Demonstrating that the fist only takes .03 seconds to charge and use. (Power Man & Iron Fist Vol. 1 #54)

While that sounds quick none of Yang's attacks need to be charged, just wanted to throw that out there.

Scan 3-5: The Iron Fist is enough to easily send classic Luke Cage flying through and cause great damage to buildings and causing Cage himself some significant pain. (Power Man Vol.1 #48)

That's pretty impressive, I will say an attack like that probably is above what Yang could do at her base.However Yang does have the durability to say that she can take an attack like that, and I kind of wonder what shape Iron Fist himself would be in when he gets hit with punches that are 2x as hard.

That said he was clearly and rightfully angry, and knew that Luke could take his punch, here he is not pissed off and he has never met Yang.So even though he can hit that hard, he definitely won't be hitting that hard at least not very soon into the fight.

Scan 6-7: The Iron Fist can send Skaar, son of Hulk flying. (New Avengers Vol. 2 #20)

If Skaar had braced himself there is no way on earth he should have budged, someone who can give green scar hulk even a little trouble isn't feeling a punch from Danny.That would have to be outlier.

Scan 1: Takes out this group of ninja fodder just as easily as the previous issue and finishes them with a charged chi blast, that is not too dissimilar from a Kamehama Wave. (Immortal Iron Fist #2)

Scan 2: Uses Chi blasts to take out Hydra Agents, oneshotting them. ( Immortal Iron Fist #14)

Scan 4: Utilizes Chi Blasts against bandits taking some out.

Damn, I forgotten that he could do that. However these are all against fodder, so if this is the best you can show then even War Machine can tank it, nevermind Yang.

Scan 3: Can create a huge dragon out of Chi to attack his opponents with. (Immortal Iron Fist #17

I highly doubt he does that regularly, he may be able to do it but I can't picture him doing it here. Even if he did it does seem to take a few seconds, and in those seconds someone could shoot him.

Scan 2-4: Survives Radion's massive building-busting blast by absorbing the energy. (Iron Fist Vol. 1 3-4)

That doesn't appear to be building busting in your scans.

Scan 5: Absorbs energy from a nuclear, electromagnetic train to make his IF stronger. (Immortal Iron Fist #14)

He had to find the right frequency to do it and it took time, I don't see how this is helping here.

Wrapping up

Iron Fist has not only the physical capabilities, but the skill and tenacity to hand with both Yang and Rhodes.

You really didn't go into Danny's durability,or strength outside of the iron fist.

The Iron Fist is arguably the most destructive attack here and I have conveyed its power in this post (More to come if needed!)

When Danny is going all out sure, but I have my doubts that he would go all out, at least against Yang.My reasoning is that he knows a version of War Machine, and because of that he would not think that he needs to hold back when the version he knows is way more powerful than Danny is. But Yang is just a teenage girl that he has never met before, so in character he won't be using the iron fist to its fullest to right at the start,and by the time he realizes he may need to it would be too late.

That may sound like nitpicking, but in a fight against Elektra he doesn't use the iron fist for most of it(despite Elektra trying to kill him multiple times) so it's definitely not always his go to move in fights.

Defenders(2017) issue #7

If iron fist tries to wait as long as he did with Elektra to start using his chi he is not going to do well at all,especially since unlike Elektra Yang is capable of tanking attacks from Iron Fist with his chi and is stronger than he is without it.

Danny also has the means to potentially counter the long range energy projection of both WM and Yang and can play a long range battle as well.

Sure but if he does he would be wasting his chi(a problem Yang and WM don't have with their ranged attacks), which isn't very smart when one of the people you're fighting you have no knowledge on whatsoever.Even though he does have energy projection I doubt he will just start blasting Yang and WM(cause again this will waste chi) but it isn't like the fact that he has ranged attack erases the fact that a bullet could still kill him if it hit, so he still has the disadvantage of needing to close the distance for the fight to be in his favor.

the way I see it, given Danny's speed, agility, and skills he should have the means to overcome, counter, and negate the long range advantages his opponents have on him.

With all the guns WM has plus Yang's I don't think it will be that simple.

However once Danny gets up close, it becomes his ball game.

Yang likes fighting up close too, so she doesn't lose any edge by Danny closing the distance.

Given that he has seen something like WM in his own universe before, WM himself ironically, he should not only have a strategy, but the mind to counter and fight him. He'll likely want to take him out first given his flight advantage and I'm willing to bet on Danny's speed here.

If this is how it will be this gives Yang the advantage, as this allows her to jump in shooting at the both of them(possibly doing some damage).

Yang is a different beast altogether, however I think is so far defiently comparable in speed and agility

Comparable agility is a no no, nothing you shown suggests that they're comparable there. As for speed, I will say that speed is competitive between the two of them but there are speed feats I have trouble seeing Danny replicate.Like has Iron Fist shown that he is able to run up falling debris?

but has the definite advantage in skill.

Based on what you have shown it's not as big as you'd like to believe.

Combining that with his Chi Manipulation he should be able to take a victory here.

I disagree, even with his chi manipulation you have to remember Danny is morals on here, so won't just start the fight hitting Yang as hard as he can. He will start see that he will need to use more chi as the fight goes on but at the same time Yang's power will be growing, I don't think his chi will be enough to give him a win here.

Things to consider

I do think Yang is the most well rounded combatant here, and I can explain why.Yang may not have the sheer versatility that WM has in long range weaponry, but her ranged attacks are good and powerful, and just like WM's using them will not drain her like Iron Fist's would.Yang isn't the most skilled but she is easily way above Rhodey, and can compete with Iron Fist to a degree.Yang's durability is the best here as I see it,and is at base and in the long run the strongest here.And while speed is comparable between yang and IF, there is no argument as to who is the slowest one here.

To add to all that there isn't anything that anyone has that Yang can't counter in some way or another.Missiles? Yang can shoot them down or dodge them. Sonics? Yang can tank them.An Iron Fist? Yang can tank it and due to her semblance hit way harder in return.War Machine can fly? Well Yang can jump pretty high and can use the recoil on her guns maneuver herself and keep airborne longer.And while Yang does kind of have the limitation of being morals on it really doesn't change anything that much, her morals haven't been a hindrance for her in fights and doesn't hold her back as much as it would for someone like Iron Fist or War Machine(under normal circumstances).

How this fight will go

I don't have any complicated plan for how Yang would take on Iron Fist or War Machine, as in character I don't see her coming up with one.However I will say right now that in character War Machine is going to try to get close and fight Yang and/or Iron Fist which will lead to him being the first person to go down. A fight between Yang and Iron Fist will be much harder, but I do think Yang has the right advantages for her to win. In character Iron Fist isn't going to be going anywhere near his max in striking strength, and with that I mind I think Iron Fist will gradually be using more and more of his chi as the fight goes on. But as I said before Yang's semblance means as she is taking damage she will be hitting twice as hard as what Danny is hitting her with,and from what I can tell Yang is definitely not only more durable than Iron fist, but capable of taking hits from Danny while he is using his Iron Fist.Danny has an edge in skill but based on what you've shown it's not huge, while Yang has better ranged attacks and is more maneuverable.Ultimately I think her semblance,strength/durability,guns, and maneuverability will give her the win.

Alternatively War Machine could end up using his sonics which AFAIK Danny has no defense against, which if he does just means Yang will be able to tank it and beat on Iron Fist. After he is beaten that just leaves War Machine, who is going to get stomped by Yang honestly. @king_hellstorm has already admitted that War Machine is not only the slowest person here, but that if the fight gets to be CQC he would lose. So really WM using sonics on Yang and Danny can only lead to Yang winning this handily as far as I'm concerned.

I don't see Yang losing this, WM and Iron Fist are getting burned.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By darthjhawk  Moderator

@king_hellstorm: @thewatcherking: Nice posts guys. As I expected you both are going hard on me with Danny. Consequence of inexperience with debating him I guess. Anyway I'll have a response soon. Shouldn't be too long.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking:Btw, you know Iron Man couldn't fly when he was fighting Bucky and Cap, right? Just making sure.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Whoever is using War Machine is a total theme killer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking:Btw, you know Iron Man couldn't fly when he was fighting Bucky and Cap, right? Just making sure.

That wasn't why I shown it...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: I know, I'm just making sure. But I will take that as a yes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bdcbb8da1d15
deactivated-5bdcbb8da1d15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

JSDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers