Thrall vs Malfurion

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mandarinestro

Post-Cataclysm versions of both. Thrall gets the Doomhammer and both of them are in character.

Battle starts 50 meters apart at Stormwind Harbour.

Round 1: Random encounter

Round 2: Prior knowledge

Round 3: 24 hours prep

No using ultra-OP amps like the Dragon Soul or summoning Cenarius and Malorne.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@mandarinestro: This should be a good thread. I'll reserve my post for now, since I'm a fan of the WarCraft universe, but never really got into playing WOW, so I do miss a lot of the lore that I'm sure other people can quote.

Doom_Phd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is the slight difference

Mal while being a Druid has a lot lf raw power as of now however Thrall being a shaman can draw even more power if he wishes

Sean12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sean12345
mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We should make a WoW PM. That might be a good idea.

Anyways, this is a close battle, shaman vs. druid. Round one is a toss up, but I know for round 2 Maulfurion can get use some magic and/or get seeds/spores (as shown in War of the Ancients) to incapacitate Thrall or something. Round 3 they just bring their shaman/druid/horde/alliance buddies I suppose.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyways, this is a close battle, shaman vs. druid. Round one is a toss up, but I know for round 2 Maulfurion can get use some magic and/or get seeds/spores (as shown in War of the Ancients) to incapacitate Thrall or something. Round 3 they just bring their shaman/druid/horde/alliance buddies I suppose.

Agreed, but we all know thrall wouldnt fight mal though they'd prolly chill rubbing their heads at the problems that are going on in the world lol.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mandarinestro

@sean12345: When Darkshore was about to collapse thanks to the Naga, Mal summoned a gigantic whirlwind to keep the coast together. A strange feat for a druid indeed. Anyway, he still gets all his feats from previous games and books.

@mysticmedivh said:

I was thinking of making a Warcraft Franchise Discussion Thread and tag a lot of people. But whenever 'Warcraft' or 'WoW' is mentioned in this website, people ridicule the idea and post "they still play that game?" etc.

arqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malfurion is the most powerful Mortal in Azeroth. Said Metzen.

Or "was" ? According how much power Thrall gained after cata events.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we forgetting that thrall has REALLY heavy WIS powers and plot armour. But without those things it's a close fight, rounds two and thee I give to mal and round one goes to thrall. Thrall has better raw power but malfurion has better preping and skills

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on canon feats, I'm inclined to say that Malfurion would win all three rounds, with the first one being the closest.

Thrall destroys Malf. in HotS though for what it's worth.

Avatar image for hoboswagginssidekick
HoboSwagginsSidekick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this is old but I'm replying anyways. Thralls elemental magic has a good advantage over Malf's nature magic. Thralls could create earthen barriers and walls to limit Malfurions mobility in his travel forms and can manipulate air to mess with Malfurions flight form. Also, alot of (if not all) of a druids forms revolve around either trees or fur, and what are they? Flammable. What can Thrall control? Fire. However, Malfurions has a MASSIVE experience advantage and has killed opponents more powerful than Thrall, like Archimonde and Deathwing (who Thrall could only beat with the power of the other dragons). Malfurions also got a sizeable speed advantage with his animal forms like deer, bird and cat. Also, Malfurions has the advantage of control, he can command nature of he wishes, while Thrall has to ask for their aid, and if they decide to be stingy like they did back in Legion and through BFA, then he's just a sub par warrior.

Alot of this fight would depend on location (I know it's in Stormwind harbor but I'll get to that after), if their fighting in a place of nature like ValSharah then Malfurions has probably secured a victory, if their fighting in a place with alot of elements around them like Deepholm or the Firelands then Thrall wins. Seeing as their in Stormwind Harbor then I say Thrall wins, he has access to large quantities of 3 of his 4 elements, earth (the ground), air (the sky) and water (the sea) while Malfurions is pretty far away from a good source of nature (closest one I can think of is Duskwood.) In Stormwind I give it to Thrall 7/10 (assuming they are alone cus if not then the entire alliance population rallies behind Malfurions and Malf wins 11/10)