Hal Jordan

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Static Shock

I'll take team 2. I wanna make a case, but I'm too tired to do that... It'll be tomorrow, though. If I'm in the mood for it.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Static Shock

bob99 says:

"Post Deleted."

Static dies of uncontrollable laughter.

Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Scarlet Thor

Static Shock says:

"I'll take team 2. I wanna make a case, but I'm too tired to do that... It'll be tomorrow, though. If I'm in the mood for it."

Com on give me your case now. I'd like to read it...

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Static Shock

Scarlet Thor says:

"Static Shock says:
"I'll take team 2. I wanna make a case, but I'm too tired to do that... It'll be tomorrow, though. If I'm in the mood for it."

Com on give me your case now. I'd like to read it...

"

Well, I want to, but I'm about to go to bed. Tomorrow, I'll do it. My case could be pretty long, though. That's why it has to wait....

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#6  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Here's a short one. Speed. That was a freebie.

Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Scarlet Thor

What about speed?

Both teams have super speed members like Superman, Martian Manhunter, Quasar and Captain Mar-Vel

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Static Shock

Buckshot says:

"Here's a short one. Speed. That was a freebie."

OK. OK... You shouldn't have said that, Buck. LOL. Now I have to say something to support this. With characters like Wonder Woman, Captain Atom, Superman, Martian Manhunter, and Hal Jordan (who can move at incredible speeds, some of them being able to reach light speed in space), they can easily get the job done here and get rid of the magic users (along with Quasar) on the other team before they could even think to use magic against them... With Thor, Sentry, Hulk, and Mar-Vell left, all of them are outclassed here. Superman, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, and Captain Atom would take it from here... They could all easily get blitzed, and defeated through BFR (Battlefield Removal) by either one of them. Or, they could duke it out with them and still lose. And, they are plenty of other ways team one could lose.... That's it... Even with Mar-Vell's cosmic awareness, he would still have a problem, because he would have to think to use it. And, Superman is capable of moving 10 times the speed of thought. On team one, no one's reflexes are enough to react to the speed team two has...

It's all about the speed factor
Post Edited:2008-05-16 05:24:02

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Static Shock

!Drake! says:

"team 1"

How can they react to the speed factor team 2 possesses?

!Drake!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By !Drake!

team 1

!Drake!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By !Drake!

Static Shock says:

"!Drake! says:
"team 1"
How can they react to the speed factor team 2 possesses?"

There are other ways to stop thier speed.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Static Shock

Scarlet Thor says:

"I think that team one has equally fast members.Quasar and Captain marvel can reach lightspeed, while Sentry is said to move in hyperspeed too in his solo series. Thor can employ the OF to augment his speed in superhuman degree. Furthermore Quasar was able to defeat elders of the univers and was capable of absorbing Ego the living planet. He along with doctor Strange are always protected by auto shields. Not to mention that Wanda could use her chaos magic to give her team time to develop a strategy like she did in Captain america and the falcon #6 thus giving quasar the time to shield all his teammates "

Hold that thought. I'll get to it tomorrow. I'm tired. :)

Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Scarlet Thor

I think that team one has equally fast members.

Quasar and Captain marvel can reach lightspeed, while Sentry is said to move in hyperspeed too in his solo series. Thor can employ the OF to augment his speed in superhuman degree. Furthermore Quasar was able to defeat elders of the univers and was capable of absorbing Ego the living planet. He along with doctor Strange are always protected by auto shields. Not to mention that Wanda could use her chaos magic to give her team time to develop a strategy like she did in Captain america and the falcon #6 thus giving quasar the time to shield all his teammates

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Static Shock

!Drake! says:

"There are other ways to stop thier speed. "

But, if they are already in motion, then that's impossible. If their speed is being used immediately, then it would already be too late, because they would be moving too fast for them. I don't think there is anyone on team 1 that can react to Superman's speed, let alone everyone else (except Zatanna and Fate).

Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Scarlet Thor

Static Shock says:

"Scarlet Thor says:
"I think that team one has equally fast members.Quasar and Captain marvel can reach lightspeed, while Sentry is said to move in hyperspeed too in his solo series. Thor can employ the OF to augment his speed in superhuman degree. Furthermore Quasar was able to defeat elders of the univers and was capable of absorbing Ego the living planet. He along with doctor Strange are always protected by auto shields. Not to mention that Wanda could use her chaos magic to give her team time to develop a strategy like she did in Captain america and the falcon #6 thus giving quasar the time to shield all his teammates "

Hold that thought. I'll get to it tomorrow. I'm tired. :)"

OK mate. Good night

Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Scarlet Thor

Post Deleted.

!Drake!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By !Drake!

Why is ti that people alwys go to speed. If that was the case Superman would not have lost to doomsday. Its not as easy as it seems

Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Scarlet Thor

!Drake! says:

"Why is ti that people alwys go to speed. If that was the case Superman would not have lost to doomsday. Its not as easy as it seems"

Right or flash would have ended all battles before the have begun

!Drake!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By !Drake!

Scarlet Thor says:

"!Drake! says:
"Why is ti that people alwys go to speed. If that was the case Superman would not have lost to doomsday. Its not as easy as it seems"
Right or flash would have ended all battles before the have begun "

Thanks for havin my bak

Xeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Xeron

Im going with team 2 simply because I prefer Zatanna over Dr. Strange, yes utter bias

Avatar image for thegoldensurfer10000
TheGoldenSurfer10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 I Have Faith In Them.

Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Scarlet Thor

Xeron says:

"Im going with team 2 simply because I prefer Zatanna over Dr. Strange, yes utter bias"

:)

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ebony Bishop

I think the important point that cancels out the speed was said already -- Quasar (at least, Wendell Vaughan) had an auto shield when something came at him, no matter the speed -- he didn't have to think. The bands protect him from all telepathy, and although Green Lanterns can now affect yellow, they have to work harder to do so.

I'm not going to try to argue about Superman vs. Thor anymore, since no one can come up with a convenient way to compare strengths, but Quasar is going to be doing okay here all on his own.

And yes, Sentry is supposed to be just as fast as Superman, as his molecules are all one second ahead of realtime. He's been shown, in his own limited series, dealing with problems all over the world during the space of one Avengers fight, zipping in and out of the fight to help, and then stopping a volcano eruption in Japan. Granted, I don't think he could win, as he's mental, but that should help Quasar out, and allow Quasar to save some of the others.

How would Team 2 know who the magic-users are in order to take them out? And if they had a way, and had to inform the speedsters, that ISN'T faster than the speed of thought, since none of the magic-users are. One would assume the speediest DC characters would go after the obviously most powerful, which means the Hulk, Thor, and maybe the Sentry, if they go by musculature.

I'm not saying that Team 1 is going to win definitely, but I think it could easily be written in a comic in a believable way for either side. I just know more about the Marvel characters, and think a few of them could stand their own.

cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cpt_linger

team two for goodness sake

Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Scarlet Thor

cpt_linger says:

"team two for goodness sake"

For goodness shake?

Will it be that easy?

I made it to be a close fight...

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Static Shock

!Drake! says:

That's a comic book battle. This isn't. Not the same thing. Speed is a good factor because without the reaction time needed, there would be little to no defense against it. You cannot count out the speed factor if it's there...

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27  Edited By Forever

!Drake! says:

Scarlet Thor says:

"Right or flash would have ended all battles before the have begun "

And wouldnt those stories be boring then? But in a battle thread there's no audience to worry about and no writer to slow down the superspeed characters to give the others a chance.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Static Shock

Forever, it's like everytime I tell the misinformed people about this, they think I'm crazy. I don't get it. LOL.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Forever

Static Shock says:

"Forever, it's like everytime I tell the misinformed people about this, they think I'm crazy. I don't get it. LOL."

It is a mystery. You would think that anyone who thought about it for even an instant would recognize the huge advantage that would be gained with having super speed. Perhaps they all think that most battles would happen exactly as they do in comic books.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Static Shock

Forever says:

"It is a mystery. You would think that anyone who thought about it for even an instant would recognize the huge advantage that would be gained with having super speed. Perhaps they all think that most battles would happen exactly as they do in comic books."

Yeah, maybe you're right.

Ketch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ketch

To be fair, most comic battles are made more interesting because the insta-wins like speed or even the intelligent application of other powers are taken out. Some people who post like considering how fights would play out in comics because it's more fun than simply who would win.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Static Shock

Ketch says:

"To be fair, most comic battles are made more interesting because the insta-wins like speed or even the intelligent application of other powers are taken out. Some people who post like considering how fights would play out in comics because it's more fun than simply who would win. "

Well, those people need to check reality, then. LOL. Either that, or don't debate...

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Forever

True but that means that it's partially your fault that all of the fun gets sucked out of the Battle Threads.

Ketch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ketch

I think their input, while not always correct according to the way we do things here, is just as valid (as long as they're actually trying to participate and not just stupid). Those people are also usually the ones to take a character's character into account, something that most of the people who debate using the full range of someone's powers often ignore or forget about.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Static Shock

Forever says:

"True but that means that it's partially your fault that all of the fun gets sucked out of the Battle Threads."

Oh, well. LMAO! Nothing we can do about that, right?

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Forever

Ketch says:

"I think their input, while not always correct according to the way we do things here, is just as valid (as long as they're actually trying to participate and not just stupid). Those people are also usually the ones to take a character's character into account, something that most of the people who debate using the full range of someone's powers often ignore or forget about."

Great point.

lionheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#37  Edited By lionheart

team 1

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By King Saturn

Team 2 wins here. The Speed factor is far too great for Thor's team to overcome and adding Phantom Stranger could be overkill.

Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Scarlet Thor

I think that you guys have to consider that even if we value speed that much both teams have the same number of speedsters.

Team one:Thor(with OF can be at least as fast as Supes), Captain Mar-Vell, Quasar, Sentry, Sersi(can teleport herself)

Team 2: Supeman, WonderWoman, Martian Manhunter, Hal, Captain Atom.

Plus I can see current Thor being able to stalemate Phantom Stranger since he is more powerful than Odin and the Odinforce is near limitless
Post Edited:2008-05-17 07:29:07

Avatar image for superboy_prime_10000
Superboy-Prime 10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

!Drake! says:

Doomsday also have super-speed.I think it was Guy Gardner or Booster Gold who stated that Doomsday was "As big as a house,as fast as Wally".
Post Edited:2008-05-17 08:44:09

Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Scarlet Thor

Anyone else?

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Slinger

DC vs. Marvel team battles are pointless. It seems to me that most people who read one publisher don't read the other, (it's difficult enough trying to keep track of one universe.) These fights generally come down to fanboy/girl show downs, with both sides repeating the same argument over and over. DC fans will pick team two, Marvel fans will pick team one, this fight is doomed to infinity, or until one fanboy/girl decides that their case was better and posts something in the recap thread, thus starting a fight there.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Static Shock

Slinger says:

"DC vs. Marvel team battles are pointless. It seems to me that most people who read one publisher don't read the other, (it's difficult enough trying to keep track of one universe.) These fights generally come down to fanboy/girl show downs, with both sides repeating the same argument over and over. DC fans will pick team two, Marvel fans will pick team one, this fight is doomed to infinity, or until one fanboy/girl decides that their case was better and posts something in the recap thread, thus starting a fight there."

Agreed.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By speedlgt

Ketch says:

"To be fair, most comic battles are made more interesting because the insta-wins like speed or even the intelligent application of other powers are taken out. Some people who post like considering how fights would play out in comics because it's more fun than simply who would win. "

Those who consider the real MEDIUM that these stories are told in are correct. all others should stop typing, get a girlfriend, maybe a life, and join the world of reality.

or you stat boys can stay in la la land, and never come out. (meaning dont post)

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Personally, I think the character's personalities and morals need to be taken into account to decide battles, but it seems like the battles forums only care about powers and skills.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Static Shock

speedlgt says:

"Those who consider the real MEDIUM that these stories are told in are correct. all others should stop typing, get a girlfriend, maybe a life, and join the world of reality.or you stat boys can stay in la la land, and never come out. (meaning dont post)"

You really need to stop being a hypocrite... And, stop assuming that no one here has a normal life. You don't know anything about anyone. So stop thinking you do. Assuming that comic book fans on here don't have a life is pure stupidity, if you ask me. So, keep your insults to yourself.
Post Edited:2008-05-18 11:01:28

Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Scarlet Thor

Com on guys it is supposed to be a fun thing don't let it come to this

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Static Shock

Scarlet Thor says:

"Com on guys it is supposed to be a fun thing don't let it come to this"

Sorry, it be ignored when some idiot comes in here and insults people because their comic book fans... I can't let that slide...

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By speedlgt

Static Shock says:

"Scarlet Thor says:
"Com on guys it is supposed to be a fun thing don't let it come to this"

Sorry, it be ignored when some idiot comes in here and insults people because their comic book fans... I can't let that slide..."

well theres comic fans! which are the good guys

and then there are MATH fans who live in La la land theses guys are Evil!

I insult the stat boys, comic fans rule, Tech Manual guys are kings of dorks.

But just to give My view of this fight DC wins.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Logic Mark III

Its OdinForce Thor why couldnt he just unthink them all? Heck Strange and little miss 'no more mutants' could help. Team 2 has no speed advantage with Mjolnir around.