Thor with Stormbreaker Vs. Thanos (with Power Stone)

TheyCallMeBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Thor with Stormbreaker Vs. Thanos (with Power Stone) (226 votes)

Thor 69%
Thanos 30%

Thor (with Stormbreaker)

Vs.

Thanos (Power Stone)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

• 
Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#51  Edited By Chad_Duby

@p00ty: Same, I don’t like how they portrayed Thanos and IG.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still thor.

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: It is impressive, it pretty much confirms that Stormbreaker cut through a fully powered beam from the IG.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: It is impressive, it pretty much confirms that Stormbreaker cut through a fully powered beam from the IG.

Agreed. It seems a little odd to think but realistically Thor should one shot almost everyone he's put up against. I kinda want to see what the script says if they ever release it.

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: not they didn’t, they flat out said they didn’t really think of it, the beam came later in the story and they compared it to the randomn Death Star weakness to push thebplot forward. Just goes to show, all these people want to do is make an entertaining movie. They don’t care about power consistencies. And they succeeded.

Is us that take these moments, out WAY too much importance on them, argue about things that have no relevance to anything, especially when the creators didn’t have a specific reason and in doing so lose sight of the fact that the movie was made to entertain you. Power level disputes are meaningless here. Essentially Thanos needed to get beat and so he did.

Next film Thor will be weaker by a lot or there wouldn’t be a threat

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Amcu

@jameswayne:

not they didn’t, they flat out said they didn’t really think of it, the beam came later in the story and they compared it to the randomn Death Star weakness to push thebplot forward. Just goes to show, all these people want to do is make an entertaining movie. They don’t care about power consistencies. And they succeeded.

It seemed that they where just saying that he simply can do this. They haven't thought up some grand reason for why Stombreaker is so powerful. The simple explainer they come up with is it and the IG are made by the same person and due to that persons magic he can make what he wants.

Is us that take these moments, out WAY too much importance on them, argue about things that have no relevance to anything, especially when the creators didn’t have a specific reason and in doing so lose sight of the fact that the movie was made to entertain you. Power level disputes are meaningless here. Essentially Thanos needed to get beat and so he did.

You can argue that people care too much for power levels. But that's what we do here.

Next film Thor will be weaker by a lot or there wouldn’t be a threat

That's speculation.

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: they flat out referred to the Star Wars analogy, which is a plot device, and when the interviewer said it was to move the plot along, the laughed and said “no, no...” they didn’t care. Like at all.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: they flat out referred to the Star Wars analogy, which is a plot device, and when the interviewer said it was to move the plot along, the laughed and said “no, no...” they didn’t care. Like at all.

I didn't interpret it that way. They where joking. They where basically saying why is it that Stormbreaker can do this. It just is. It may not seem as if it makes perfect sense but it is what it is. And they specifically said that Eitri can make what he wants to make because of Dwarfen magic.

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By JamesWayne

@amcu: I disagree with you, but fair enough. At the end of the day, it’s all just interpretation on our part. But it is a bit annoying that this site has been completely flooded by pointless infinity war character versus forums since the movie came out.

At least pointless to me

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor stomps if thanos is jobbing

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: I disagree with you, but fair enough. At the end of the day, it’s all just interpretation on our part. But it is a bit annoying that this site has been completely flooded by pointless infinity war character versus forums since the movie came out.

At least pointless to me

Characters got lots of feats. I mean Thor got this feat, the star feat, moving the rings and destroying Thanos's ships. He got a lot of feats that can be interpreted as impressive. So did Strange and Iron Man. There is good reason for people to be excited.

Now some people are out of hand. The users that make billions of the same threads again and again need to be stopped.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos dies here, no chance of teleporting out.

The_Fub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was already stated by one of the directors that Stormbreaker cleaved through the power of the Infinity Gauntlet, meaning cleaving through just the power stone is even easier. King Thor with SB takes it

The_Fub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By The_Fub

@amcu: Statements from directors and writers have tons of merit as long as they don't actively ignore or contradict what was shown. Its a way to confirm or explain ambiguous things. The writer said that Stormbreaker cleaved through the power of the gauntlet (not overpower it), and in the movie that was shown, so it holds up. A full on hit from Stormbreaker is definitely a one shot weapon against just about everyone.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_fub said:

@amcu: Statements from directors and writers have tons of merit as long as they don't actively ignore or contradict what was shown. Its a way to confirm or explain ambiguous things. The writer said that Stormbreaker cleaved through the power of the gauntlet (not overpower it), and in the movie that was shown, so it holds up. A full on hit from Stormbreaker is definitely a one shot weapon against just about everyone.

Agreed.

The_Fub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: I heard you created a updated MCU Thor respect thread? Link?

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_fub said:

@amcu: I heard you created a updated MCU Thor respect thread? Link?

Here you go. It doesn't have IW feats yet as I'm waiting for HD videos.

sportjames23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By sportjames23

@p00ty: Hell, to further show how nerfed the IG was, Scarlet Witch was holding holding off Thanos for a while WITH ONE HAND while Thanos was trying to get to Vision to get the Mind Stone. At that point, Thanos had five of the six stones, and Wanda was able to slow him down with one hand.

WTF?

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie clearly shows Thor overpowering the IG

Comicvine: The IG is still stronger

What? The movie shows Thanos shooting a blast aimed at Thor, not knowing that Thor has a new weapon. Thor was barely a nuisance in their last fight so Thanos wasn't worried at all and didn't use his full power.

Fact: Thor got a lucky shot, taking advantage of Thanos been unaware of the power or Stormbreaker.

Fact: IG is stronger than Thor. IG is stronger than Stormbreaker.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

Thor. I mean he basically one shotted Thanos with the whole IG. Maybe we could theorize that with the reality gem or something he could beat Thor by wiping him from existence but I don't see him doing it with just the power gem.

But Thor ambushed Thanos, as in the Titan didn't know Thor had a new more powerful weapon. So he wasn't expecting wat hit him. Thor got a lucky shot.

If Thanos knows what he is going up against and is focused on Thor, Thanos wins.

If this is not the case, then what is IW2 going to be about? If Thor alone can defeat Thanos, why is Cap Marvel a big deal, and what are the other heroes there for?

The Thor hype is absurd.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:
@thunderprince said:

Agreed. It seems a little odd to think but realistically Thor should one shot almost everyone he's put up against. I kinda want to see what the script says if they ever release it.

Meh.... What if the beam did not have concusive force? If someone shoots at you with a flamethrower, a knife could fly through the blast of fire, jet you would still get burned if it hit you.

We don't know what kind of beam Thanos used. Maybe it was a blast desingned to hurt Thor but did not have concusive force.

Also, Thanos surely knew Thor was not much of a threat from their last enconter and knows knothing about Stormbreaker so, what makes you think it was a blast so strong? The combined power of the Infinity Stones can be used for different purposes: make a bubble or drop a moon. So, this is an over-exageration but, what if Thanos fired "bubbles" at Thor knowing how easily he was defeated the last time?

Just because he uses the combined power of the 6 Stones, does not show what kind of use Thanos is giving the Gaunlet.

And there's no reason to think Thanos would use the full force of the IG against a guy he defeated using only one Stone at most.

I see the scene with Stormbreaker cuting through the blast more like a bad showing for Thanos than anything else.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckwheat: Thanos saw that Stormbreaker was going right through his beam and he didn't change his mind on using it. He probably doesn't have any other way to stop it.

As to what Avengers 4 will be about we don't know. We can only speculate. Perhaps Thanos will trick Thor and somehow take Stormbreaker from him. It's all speculation. And it doesn't change what happened in the movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-6021b09dd509c
deactivated-6021b09dd509c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thor destroys him again.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Buckwheat

@amcu said:

@buckwheat: Thanos saw that Stormbreaker was going right through his beam and he didn't change his mind on using it. He probably doesn't have any other way to stop it.

As to what Avengers 4 will be about we don't know. We can only speculate. Perhaps Thanos will trick Thor and somehow take Stormbreaker from him. It's all speculation. And it doesn't change what happened in the movie.

Thanos had a many ways to stop Stormbreaker, saying the opposite is dumb. Just like Thanos had many ways of ending the battle in Wakanda.

He could've used the time stone to make Stormbreaker go back. He could've used the Time Stone to undo Thor's throw. He could've used the Reallity Stone to turn Thor to bubbles. He could've used the Reallity Stone to turn Thor to ash. He could've teleported himself away. He could've lifted the earth (like he dropped the moon on Titan) to interfiere with Stormbreaker.

The point is he got caught by surprise by a weapon he wasn't expecting and didn't react in time, specially for he didn't know it would hurt him. That's all.

Besides Thanos wasn't trying to kill anyone, or he would have. In a Vs fight he won't be so chivalrous.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckwheat: Maybe, but how many of those ways involves just using the power stone? Short of surface wiping (which may take out Thanos himself too), I don't see Thanos being able to take Thor with just the power stone

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Buckwheat

@alavanka said:

@buckwheat: Maybe, but how many of those ways involves just using the power stone? Short of surface wiping (which may take out Thanos himself too), I don't see Thanos being able to take Thor with just the power stone

Well Thanos took out the Hulk in a few hits without the use of any Stones, a Hulk that (prior Stombreaker, mind you) was Thor's equal. So a Stoneless Thanos is Thor's superior. Give Thor the Stombreaker and Thanos the Power Stone and what do you got?

It wouldn't be crazy to say the Power Stone is more powerfull than Stormbreaker, downplaying the Infinity Stone we could say they are equals. So if Thanos > Thor and Power Stone > Stormbreaker.

Thanos defeats Thor.

Jagerzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos stomps. Everyone wanks Thor almost killing Thanos while ignoring obvious context that the directors confirmed which is that Thanos was off guard and had no idea about the origins of Stormbreaker so therefore he fired off a quick attack against a weapon he had no idea was capable of even damaging him

Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75 said:

@gamer-guy: That's funny because h did already beat him with one shot. If thanos didn't have the time gem he'd be dead. Storm breaker is a universal weapon made to kill Thanos level foes.

Stormbreaker is powerful but more powerful then an Infinity Stone that can casually destroy planet? No

Stormbreaker can destroy a planet too with the Bifrost.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Shinne

Wank vs wank.

Thor wins.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanos has done nothing serious with Power stone. Thor gives him same threatment as we saw in the movie.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Alavanka

@buckwheat: Yes, Thanos is stronger than Thor without Stormbreaker. However,Stormbreaker overpowered an energy blast from all 6 infinity stones. I'm not seeing why it wouldn't be able to overpower an energy blast from just the power stone. Even if Thanos was caught off guard by the initial lightning strike, he wouldn't have been off guard when he launched the attack at Thor.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavanka said:

@buckwheat: Yes, Thanos is stronger than Thor without Stormbreaker. However,Stormbreaker overpowered an energy blast from all 6 infinity stones. I'm not seeing why it wouldn't be able to overpower an energy blast from just the power stone. Even if Thanos was caught off guard by the initial lightning strike, he wouldn't have been off guard when he launched the attack at Thor.

Why would Thor hit first?

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

Wank vs wank.

Thor wins.

Depends on who wanks a harder wank

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor one shots.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Bayman007

I dont think Thanos is just going to stand there, and be caught off guard like last time

Animated GIF

But without the rest of the bling... no chance. Thors got this easily.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Buckwheat

@bayman007 said:

I dont think Thanos is just going to stand there, and be caught off guard like last time

But without the rest of the bling... no chance. Thors got this easily.

Thor's lighting doesn't even daze Thanos, so that attack wont be worth much. It's only the sharp end of Stormbreaker that the Mad Titan has to worry about.

On the other hand we know what effect Thanos' hits will have on Thor, if by squishing his fingers alone he can make him scream.

No Caption Provided

With Thanos' superior speed, strength and skill I think Thor does not get this as easily as you think.

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Lord_Titan_

@p00ty: Its not that surprising, disney owns marvel, so that obviously means everyone gets nerfed to ridiculous levels, i honestly think thanos could have just dropped everyone with TP if he was serious

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Bayman007

@buckwheat: The problem i can see is that Thor's lightning, still knocked him off of his feet. So Thanos has to find away to deal with that, and keep Thor out of reach.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor wins.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckwheat: The problem i can see is that Thor's lightning, still knocked him off of his feet. So Thanos has to find away to deal with that, and keep Thor out of reach.

If Thanos without using the Power Stone can make Thor scream using only his fingers, we can only imagine what kind of damage a direct hit will cause. Surely hurt him bad. A few of those and Thor is KO.

Now, a blast with the Power Stone will be of similar force, if not stronger. So when Thanos hits Thor with a blast, it stands by logic to say that Thor will be going down.

You are looking it the wrong way around. It is Thor who has to find a way to deal with Thanos' blasts and try to keep him out of reach, because when Thanos tags him —and he will— Thor does not have the endurance to stand to him.

Thanos can tank Stormbreakers blasts without a bruise, so nothing other of the sharp end of the ax will hurt him.

Thor, on the other side, cannot tank any of Thanos' attacks.

It's a matter of probability. Thanos is faster much more durable and has more ways of puting Thor down.

It's just absurd to go against probabilities.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@p00ty said:

I HATE how the movie portrayed Thanos.... I HATE even more how they depowered/nerfed/utterly disrespected The IG. Now casual comic fans(which seems to be EVERYBODY) thinks Thanos is a b!tch and Thor has a weapon that can over power the IG. Sometimes the movie should mimic the comic.

and this was WITHOUT the IG.

No Caption Provided

Well, the Vine is now 80% CBM fans and 15% weeb and 5% Comic fans. And i even think that's a bit of a stretch for comic fans.

fixed

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Alavanka

@buckwheat: Not sure what you mean by why Thor needs to hit Thanos first. Thor doesn't need to blitz Thanos for the first hit, he just needs to make Thanos try to come at him head on with a blast. Thanos will have to use the power stone to blast energy attacks if he wants to tag Thor while he is flying. When he does that, Thor can throw Stormbreaker through that blast. It would actually be easier going through just the power stone's energy than the energy of the full infinity gauntlet. We don't even have to appeal to probability to make the argument that Thor can beat Thanos like this. This happened in the movie, against a stronger version of Thanos than what is proposed in this thread.

We simply do not know how much effort went into taking down Thor offscreen. Thor was already beaten down to the point of exhaustion by, the start of the movie. I certainly don't think it's accurate to say Thanos can beat a fresh Thor with just by grabbing him with his fingertips. Hulk, Iron Man, and even Cap could take multiple hits from Thanos before going down. Thor's durability is up there with Hulk at least. If Thor can endure being blasted by a star, he should be able to survive against power stone blasts as well as Iron Man did - if he doesn't simply overpower the blast with stormbreaker.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavanka: Not sure what you mean by why Thor needs to hit Thanos first.

Simple. If Thanos hits Thor first, Thor will go down pretty much like Hulk did.

Thor doesn't need to blitz Thanos for the first hit, he just needs to make Thanos try to come at him head on with a blast. Thanos will have to use the power stone to blast energy attacks if he wants to tag Thor while he is flying. When he does that, Thor can throw Stormbreaker through that blast. It would actually be easier going through just the power stone's energy than the energy of the full infinity gauntlet. We don't even have to appeal to probability to make the argument that Thor can beat Thanos like this. This happened in the movie, against a stronger version of Thanos than what is proposed in this thread.

So your idea is to have the battle go exactly as it did in the movie, not keeping in regard that this time Thor and Thanos are facing each other, with Thanos not distracted by all the other Avengers/things he was doing, with Thor not heaving the element of surprise, and with Thanos knowing perfectly what Stormbreaker can do.

Very objective of you.

We simply do not know how much effort went into taking down Thor offscreen.

We can figure that out by looking at how Thanos took down Hulk and by how Thanos decimated anyone who standed on his way throughout the movie.

Thor was already beaten down to the point of exhaustion by, the start of the movie. I certainly don't think it's accurate to say Thanos can beat a fresh Thor with just by grabbing him with his fingertips.

Not saying he can, but we can see what Thanos' base strength is and how Thor's endures the preasure, to make an estimate of how much stronger Thanos is vs how durable Thor is.

Hulk, Iron Man, and even Cap could take multiple hits from Thanos before going down.

Cap? Don't lowball Thanos to that point.

Hulk and Iron Man could take multiple hits yes, but they have no much option but to recieve the hits and go down, as it was shown. Thanos was far to fast and strong for them to put up a decent fight.

Thor's durability is up there with Hulk at least.

Hulk's resistance is nothing to Thanos.

If Thor can endure being blasted by a star,

Thor was nearly killed. And will be KOed if he gets hit by a blast that is as powerful or more powerful than the punches that KOed Hulk.

It's simple. Thor has one way of winning this. Thanos has multiple. Again: probabilites.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Alavanka

@buckwheat: It doesn't matter if Thanos and Thor are facing each other and Thanos knows what stormbreaker can do. Thanos is simply not tagging Thor with hand to hand attacks if Thor flies and takes to the skies. The only way Thanos is tagging Thor at all is with blasts from the power stone. And if they trade blows head on, Thor has the means to overpower blasts from the power stone. Thor doesn't need to take Thanos by surprise to achieve this.

Yes, Thor almost died from taking the blast from the star. But he was also completely healed from his injuries upon receiving stormbreaker, so stormbreaker also gives him a healing factor.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Buckwheat

@alavanka:

It doesn't matter if Thanos and Thor are facing each other and Thanos knows what stormbreaker can do. Thanos is simply not tagging Thor with hand to hand attacks if Thor flies and takes to the skies.

Thor can fly. Thanos can teleport.

Yes, Thor almost died from taking the blast from the star. But he was also completely healed from his injuries upon receiving stormbreaker, so stormbreaker also gives him a healing factor.

Yeah, we'll have to wait to see how that HF really works, specially how long it takes to heal Thor. We'll probably have answers to that in the next IW movie.

And in that movie we'll probably have showings that put Thanos far above Thor, (for those of you that didn't see that in the first movie) so, let's wait and see, shall we?

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckwheat: Thanos needs the space gem to teleport, and Thor can basically teleport with the bifrost.