Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Batcrow

@WillPayton said:

@Enyalios said:

@WillPayton: And Thor's hammer is, well...more magical. Considering he is capable of staggering Galactus with that thing, Wonder Woman is not just going to sit there and take it.

I thought your argument was that the bracelets where too tiny? Now you're saying that there's some scale of magic (apparently) where the hammer rates higher than the bracelets, and hence that means it'd, somehow, overpower them? Is there any evidence for this, or did you just make this up on the spot?

The bracelets power is to block attack, magically, that's what they do. They block normal attacks, they block energy attacks, they block magical attacks... they block all kinds of attacks, because they're made out of the material of the impenetrable shield of Zeus and forged by another Greek God. On the other side, Thor's hammer is by no means unstoppable. It hits hard, but it gets stopped all the time. I see no reason to think that the bracelets would not stop the hammer.

Exactly. Enyalios, I'm not sure if you know much about the bracelets.

Enyalios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Enyalios

I know that the bracelets were forged from the fragments of the Aegis, Zeus's shield, and that with it Wonder Woman can block most projectiles, the attacks of gods and so on and so forth. To my knowledge, and please correct me if I am wrong, the strongest attack she has ever actually blocked with it was Darkseid's beams. If there is another, please tell me.

Superman has tanked these same beams. He's stood there and let it hit him to no effect. And unfortunately the only source we have on what Mjolnir would do to Superman comes from that completely awful JLA/Avengers crossover, but even in that, the weapon hurled sent Superman flying.

Also, coincidently, your arguments paint Wonder Woman as weaker than anyone else on this forum has suggested. If she actually required the magic of the bracelets to stop Superman's attacks, or if she required the might of the bracelets to block Darkseid's attack, then it suggests that she is well below Superman in the level of both strength and durability. Even Comicvine here makes a big deal about the fact that they blocked heat vision, which that same god-awful crossover showed Thor basically walk through with little more than a burnt up uniform.

Oh and that when crossed together it generates some sort of energy shields that allows her to survive explosions...which Thor survives consistently with no magic to protect him...all in all the more you look into this the less Wonder Woman comes out on top.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Batcrow said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Thor beats Wonder Woman. For me she is on a level under Thor, Superman, Beta Ray Bill, Martian Manhunter, Captain Marvel, and others.

Just because you THINK so doesn't make it a fact in the slightest. I could make assumptions without reason as well. Wonder Woman > Galactus. There.

Yeah your statement is fail, Thor is actually above Wonder Woman. Don't say somethink like Wonder Woman>Galactus because, that's not even a good arguement...

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By Floopay

@Pokeysteve said:

I'm not scrolling through 80+ posts but WW doesn't need any additional abilities to beat Thor. She's shown to be able to pound on Superman when she needs to. Thor is slower than he is. Ice breath against characters on Thor's level is a joke as well.

@Floopay:

Defense: Tie - Her bracers can deflect attacks, and are nearly indestructible. Mjonlir can absorb energy

What makes you say nearly? Just curious.

As far as I can recall, her bracers have never been destroyed. They even deflected Omega Beams from Darkseid without being affected.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#105  Edited By Pokeysteve

@Floopay said:

@Pokeysteve said:

I'm not scrolling through 80+ posts but WW doesn't need any additional abilities to beat Thor. She's shown to be able to pound on Superman when she needs to. Thor is slower than he is. Ice breath against characters on Thor's level is a joke as well.

@Floopay:

Defense: Tie - Her bracers can deflect attacks, and are nearly indestructible. Mjonlir can absorb energy

What makes you say nearly? Just curious.

As far as I can recall, her bracers have never been destroyed. They even deflected Omega Beams from Darkseid without being affected.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Kind of covering your bases? I do that too. I've read A LOT of her stuff and have never seen them damaged let alone broken.

Batcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Batcrow

@jeanroygrant said:

@Batcrow said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Thor beats Wonder Woman. For me she is on a level under Thor, Superman, Beta Ray Bill, Martian Manhunter, Captain Marvel, and others.

Just because you THINK so doesn't make it a fact in the slightest. I could make assumptions without reason as well. Wonder Woman > Galactus. There.

Yeah your statement is fail, Thor is actually above Wonder Woman. Don't say somethink like Wonder Woman>Galactus because, that's not even a good arguement...

Oh dear, you just do NOT get sarcasm do you...the galactus thing was a joke, never really an agrument, JEEZ.

Care to PROVE. keyword PROVE your opinion on Thor > WW, assuming that you have been an avid reader of both their comics? To give an unbiased judgement you have to credit both of their accomplishments, as you must already know.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#107  Edited By majestic99

@WillPayton said:

She wont need that to win. Thor cant stop the heat vision, which is insanely powerful. And, while he's reeling from that she speed-blitzes and kills him with the sword.

WW wins 7/10.

1. Even if it rivals the core of stars, Thor has stood inside the core of the sun. Her heat vision is a non factor

2. Thor is fast enough to keep up with WW

@WillPayton said:

@Evil Incarnate said:

These scan are how old...?

Yeah, those look like they're at least 25 years old... I'm sure Thor had some crazy feats back then just like SA Superman. =)

@Immortal777 said:

I've only seen classic Thor display microsecond reaction time, street levelers have dodged gunfire and is Mangog supposed to be fast.

Irrelevant because Classic Thor is the same as Modern Thor.

Not displaying said ability in a long time is not the same as not possessing said ability anymore.

stonerthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By stonerthps
@majestic99 said:

@WillPayton said:

She wont need that to win. Thor cant stop the heat vision, which is insanely powerful. And, while he's reeling from that she speed-blitzes and kills him with the sword.

WW wins 7/10.

1. Even if it rivals the core of stars, Thor has stood inside the core of the sun. Her heat vision is a non factor

2. Thor is fast enough to keep up with WW

@WillPayton said:

@Evil Incarnate said:

These scan are how old...?

Yeah, those look like they're at least 25 years old... I'm sure Thor had some crazy feats back then just like SA Superman. =)

@Immortal777 said:

I've only seen classic Thor display microsecond reaction time, street levelers have dodged gunfire and is Mangog supposed to be fast.

Irrelevant because Classic Thor is the same as Modern Thor.

Not displaying said ability in a long time is not the same as not possessing said ability anymore.

I agree with this. Just because Marvel doesn't have their characters use their abilities all the time doesn't mean they aren't there. It's not like Marvel remakes their characters like DC is doing. It's kinda funny that most DC people don't like the bring up New52. I wonder why >.>
majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#109  Edited By majestic99

@stonerthps said:

I agree with this. Just because Marvel doesn't have their characters use their abilities all the time doesn't mean they aren't there. It's not like Marvel remakes their characters like DC is doing. It's kinda funny that most DC people don't like the bring up New52. I wonder why >.>

Because Thor stomps new 52 WW due to lack of feats.

Avatar image for mkmarveldcfan4life
MKMarvelDCfan4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor FTW

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By XiiX

Wonder Woman.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By BlueComet

It's a pretty close fight but Thor. Always Thor.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#113  Edited By charlieboy

if it's the new 52 wonder woman i say thor wins. pre 52 wonder woman in my opinion could win. 

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#114  Edited By Erik

@charlieboy said:

if it's the new 52 wonder woman i say thor wins. pre 52 wonder woman in my opinion could win.

You are correct. Though barring energy attacks, DCNU WW could be a pretty decent match for Thor as well.

Avatar image for revenge_of_chucky
Revenge_Of_Chucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Erik said:

@charlieboy said:

You are correct. Though barring energy attacks, DCNU WW could be a pretty decent match for Thor as well.

Yeah, but Thor wins......... especially if he got Odin Force, Wonder Woman wouldn't stand a chance.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Erik

@Revenge_Of_Chucky said:

@Erik said:

@charlieboy said:

Yeah, but Thor wins......... especially if he got Odin Force, Wonder Woman wouldn't stand a chance.

Why are we talking about Odin Force now? That has not been around in quite some time and even when he did have it, he did not do much more with it in battle than use it to boost his own stats. And even then, he would not eclipse her.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Erik:  

@Revenge_Of_Chucky said:

@Erik said:

@charlieboy said:

Why are we talking about Odin Force now? That has not been around in quite some time and even when he did have it, he did not do much more with it in battle than use it to boost his own stats. And even then, he would not eclipse her. 

I've noticed in Thor battles, that whenever Thor is on the losing end of a debate, people tend to bring up Odin Force out of nowhere despite the fact that it wasn't included in the OP or that he hasn't had it in ages.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Erik

@The Stegman:

Lol.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i am with wonderwoman (thor is my favorite hero of all) but thor always is holding back, even with bad man enemies... now put a woman on his path and no any woman a worthy woman, he is going to let her give him the beating of his life. just for gentleman, then if wonder woman lift mjolnir ist doble done (i think that thor is better in all aspects vs ww) but she wins easy thor will never fight a girl like her to death, he did so against emma frost but she is an slut.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By dondave

Wonder Woman ftw

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i am with wonderwoman (thor is my favorite hero of all) but thor always is holding back, even with bad man enemies... now put a woman on his path and no any woman a worthy woman, he is going to let her give him the beating of his life. just for gentleman, then if wonder woman lift mjolnir ist doble done (i think that thor is better in all aspects vs ww) but she wins easy thor will never fight a girl like her to death, he did so against emma frost but she is an slut.

that's a bit of a chauvinist summery, I agree that Wonder Woman wins, but definitely not for that reason at all....I gave my opinion of the fight in another thread where they were paired up against each other...

@Floopay:

Thor's ranged attacks are pretty useless for obvious reasons, and at close range he isn't nearly as fast reaction wise. He might be stronger, but if so it is slightly, since Wonder Woman out muscled Hercules and has that infamous earth feat pull feat. But even so, her defenses are better than his cus she has two unbreakable objects instead of just one, and she is still much faster with them, not to mention the whole force field thing. She is consistently shown as a more skilled fighter and she has pretty good blunt damage soak as well as magic resistances, all of which would give her an advantage along with her speed and comparable strength. Although Thor has more magical powers, they are not as useful against someone with Wonder Woman's defensive skills. She has more magical equipment that is all around useful against someone like Thor, the Tiara obviously (he's been cut by Wolverine on multiple occasions so something that shaves the electrons off of atoms would do just as well if not better), the bracers obviously (she may not use it as offensively, but it makes almost all of Thor's ranged attacks useless) and the Lasso again obviously (this she can end the fight with quickly and tie him up or if need be heal herself if she takes too much damage by utilizing the lasso's infinite length and keeping one end on the earth which she gets healing from thanks to Gaea's power in her).

@venomoushatred1001: Wonder Woman also has an astonishing healing factor, not to mention, Thor is quite vulnerable to weapons that are sharp enough to cut him, like her tiara for instance....But, after looking at the fight between the Three Thors and Gorr the God Butcher, I see where you are coming from. I still firmly believe that Wonder Woman's speed advantage is great enough that she should be virtually untouchable, especially when coupled with her unbreakable Aegis Bracers. Destroying asteroids and flickering suns with travel speed alone is nice and all but it doesn't apply to a battle unless he's going to attempt to charge at her which wouldn't be the smartest thing to do, I do agree that he does have better durability and strength feats, but when he can still be cut open or decapitated and will probably not be hitting his opponent who has unbreakable bracers and insane healing factor anyway, I don't see how it's that big of a deal ..... but after looking at Thor, Odin and Thor fight Gorr, I think he will do a much better job than I thought originally ... but the most I can agree on is a stalemate, otherwise I stand by Wonder Woman ...

@thundergodswrath said:

The only advantages Wonder Woman will and has ever had on Thor is reaction speed, and fighting skills. He's physically stronger, more durable, has faster travel speed, and just a whole lot more versatile.

Travel speed is barely relevant in a fight unless you're the Juggernaut, for all of his versatility, all he seems to do mostly is shoot lightning, swing his hammer, an occasional BFR. All those other powers he has he hasn't used since his classic days, Wonder Woman's unbreakable lasso is just as effective a weapon as Mjolnir as it has been shown to decapitate Imperiex Probes which gave Superman hell during OWAW, her Tiara is made from the same material as the Sword of Hephaestus and is just as sharp so it's capable of severely harming Thor, her Bracers are just as indestructible as Mjolnir and can also shoot magical lightning. Wonder Woman seems to have the versatility advantage in my opinion, that's just how it seems. Thor is stronger, more durable and carries a more powerful weapon, while Wonder Woman has faster reaction speed, better skills and more weapons that could seriously injure Thor. In a sense they cancel out, but the speed difference is too great for Thor to have any advantage over her.

I was debating against seasoned and experienced Viners with extensive knowledge of Thor and Marvel in general, in the end they all came to agree with me (except maybe Floopay...meh)

In any case, Wonder Woman isn't going to win because Thor will let her win. He isn't an idiot, she could kill him, he isn't going to let it happen. But Diana will win because she outclasses Thor in a few crucial areas and has shown that she can take heavy hits that he dishes out, I do believe he can dish out one hitter quitters that would potentially knock her clean out though. Wonder Woman is faster than Thor and has unbreakable magic Aegis Bracers, in this fight she has an unbreakable sword and some armor. With all that unbreakable stuff like her bracers, lasso, tiara and sword, she will be able to block his hits without much trouble and without much damage. She can block him all day cus she is extremely faster than Thor and has an accelerated healing factor, both of these give her huge advantages that Thor doesn't have and are crucial to winning. As long as she can hit him and he can't hit her enough before she regenerates or blocks, she will win in the end. All that magic Thor used to do is a rarity, at most he will summon a powerful lightning bolt or open a portal and teleport his foe's away. That only works cus it can suck them in or he pushes them in which is nearly impossible to do to Wonder Woman, she has super speed so he won't be pushing her in if she can fly out of the way and Diana has shown to resist the pull of black holes as well as having the strength and resistance to pull someone else out of one. So BFR is too long of a shot to win it, Wonder Woman takes lighting all the time without much stress and even blocked it easily since she reacts faster than lightning. That's all there is to it really...

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@the_titan_lord said:

Thor.

prove it,

Edit: Well, since you didn't prove it Wonder Woman wins

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor would win 60 out 100 times. Thor is more versatile and powerful, and arguably stronger. While Wonder Woman is faster and is a better fighter.

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor wins easily.

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fanboys will fanboy

Avatar image for atrocitustheferocious
atrocitustheferocious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

don't wonder woman powers otherwise it's unfair on thor. ww would even beat thor without superpowers.

first of all she is a better fighter. she ha fought barda the the best combat fighter in the universe. and basically has got a bit of supermans speed fighting. she's been able to catch up with superman and fight him.

2nd most of thor's attacks will be blocked by wonder woman's bracelets including lightning.

3rd thor is definitely going to underestimate her i mean he's always over exaggerating saying I'm the mighty thor no woman can defeat me blah blah blah.

WONDER FTW

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#129  Edited By movieartman

T... H... O... R

is diana more durable than a celestial? has she ever using any weapon damaged a being as durable as a celestial?'

no? well thor has cracked the hull of a celestial.His hammer will break diana.

No Caption Provided

can diana muster any kind of energy blast comparable to the godblast of thor? what chances are she could wistand it? and dont tell me she can deflect blast of that width/size and magnitued with her bracelets

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

has diana ever smashed in to the belly of a god who is made up of millions of gods of a entire pantheon, there demonic hordes tearing in to his soul and still manage to muster the power to blow the being apart from the inside

No Caption Provided

WONDER WOMAN LOOSES!

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Besides all that i fail to see what diana can do defend herself at a distance from the hammer alone, its capable of flying from thors hand, around the sun and blast thru his opponent standing less then 5 feet from him in no more than 5 minutes

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman took 5 kill shots from the angry Skyfather/Death God Hades, without falling.

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2337647

WW takes a kill shot from the Shattered God, a being who was more powerful than every single god in the entire universe.

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2337655

Wonder Woman energy manipulates, and withstands the full power of Zeus. How powerful is Zeus? He killed the God of Space, repowered all the God's the Shattered God had captured, and he was the only God who actually staggered the Mighty Cronus.

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2337659

onder Woman takes a direct scream from Silver Swan. How powerful is her scream?

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2337661

Powerful enough to obliterate Invisible tech. WW says it's as powerful as Zeus' Thunderbolt. How do we know this? Well...

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2337662

The Invisible tech can withstand being inside the sun. Yet Silver Swan's scream obliterates it easily. Diana takes those screams all the time.

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2337664

The scan is clear. Wonder Woman batters Nekron, the guy from Blackest night. And takes the Brunts of his attacks. I know you know how powerful Nekron is. High end Abstract.

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2337666

This is a strength, and durability feat. Wonder Woman Redirects Destruction times infinity, as the scan says, buttressed by her Amazon Muscles, and then she withstands the blast point blank. Thor is NOT More Durable than WW.

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2337667

lukas12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebestofthebest: Thor took a blast form a celestial. Thor stood in the center of the sun. Thor was fine after being crushed by the weight of 20 planets. He is a little more durable.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@thebestofthebest: Thor took a blast form a celestial. Thor stood in the center of the sun. Thor was fine after being crushed by the weight of 20 planets. He is a little more durable.

I Think they are equal .

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor has the advantage in versatility (Mjomir just has to many abilities) and Durability (WW makes up the difference with braclets). They're about equal in strength (perhaps slight edge to Thor), but WWs incredible speed is the deciding factor. Thors combat speed is what dwindles in battles such as these. Her sword can cut him, and her speed stops him from deflecting her. If she stalls and goes for a strait up brawl, Thor can use Mjomir and take the win. However, even then, this is out of character for Thor. Also Diana is very combat-smart, so I doubt she'll lose her edge in speed. For these reasons Diana takes this 7/10.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Karazyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thor

Avatar image for hulksmashlittleman
HULKSMASHLITTLEMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder woman easily beat him like a ragdoll

mlanstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wondy doesn't need any of supes abilities to win this. The atom splitting sword with her speed is an instant win everytime. Thor cant swing the hammer if hes missing his hand.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been done. Wonder Woman still beats thor.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder woman beats the crap out of thor

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor puts Wonder Woman on the ground and puts Mjonir on top. Win by Incapacitation.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

Diana does not NEED any extra abilities to beat Thor. Due to comparable strength and durability, and SUPERIOR combat skills and speed---PLUS an atoms splitting sword, the inescapable, irrefutable conclusion is:

WONDER WOMAN WINS.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dygoboy said:

Thor puts Wonder Woman on the ground and puts Mjonir on top. Win by Incapacitation.

he lacks the speed to do that and if this fantasy somehow happened she could just....oh i dont know, fly right through the ground and fly out from underneath it....obviously.

Master-Danny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor easily

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers