• 55 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5fabc76a05e3b
deactivated-5fabc76a05e3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Thor vs Titan team (MCU). (39 votes)

Thor 46%
Titan team 54%
No Caption Provided

vs

Team Titan-Team that fought Thanos on titan in iw.

• Morals off.
  • Thor is awakened.
  • Start 50 feet apart.
  • Who wins?
 • 
rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By rajjarsalt

Thor isn't defeating Dr Strange

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Take out Dr. Strange and it's a fair fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-603506ba17b96
deactivated-603506ba17b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt said:

Thor isn't defeating Dr Strange

SPeaking truth i don't see Doctor ( besides Astral projection mode ) reacitng and dodging serious thunders. But same i don't see Thor countering bfr. I could argue about bifrost summoning, but:

1. We don't know does bifrost work across other planets than 9 realms

2. We don't know can it travel across dimensions. We could try to argue are 9 realms seperate dimensions as Selvig said sth in post credit scene about Jane's theories and "gateway to another dimension" but contextwise this was all about theorethical things + contextwise and featwise they are more planets as how Rocket's pod can fly toward Nidavellir etc.

I only know fact that the realm where Aether was hidden is interdimensional place only accessable during convergence.

3. Even if bifrost could work across dimensions then there is a risk Thor will be seperated from axe

4. Thor can't really fly without but create super jump with his "super/god" mode

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By rajjarsalt

@mama7: Thor doesn't have Stormbreaker here

Strange also has the Images of Ikonn which wouldn't actually protect him from Thor since Thor knows how to deal with that (Loki) but it would multiply his offensive abilities and allow him to overwhelm Thor rather easily. Infinite falling dimension should also help

Supermod111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Thor vs Tony, Strange, and maybe Peter for distraction.

Strange carries.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cocacolaman  Moderator

I'm assuming this is Thor from the end of Ragnarok/beginning of IW

Thor one shots them all (except Tony) with a quick lightning strike. Then he slaps Tony around.

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr Strange wins

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait since Thor doesn't have SB here then Tony definitely solos

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cocacolaman  Moderator

Wait since Thor doesn't have SB here then Tony definitely solos

Sub-Subline tier bait

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Titans take a majority

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr Strange is the only way team wins Thor easily wrecks the others

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this has been done already. It's really just Thor vs Strange, and since Thor doesn't have the bifrost to counter BFR, it comes down to who can attack first, and i say Thor has both the better combat speed feats and fastest attack speed via lightning, so he should take it more often than not.

Tzimiscelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If strange manages to BFR thor, team wins.

If thor manages to avoid being BFR by strange, he eventually wins.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: He honestly could if he just spammed his battering ram hits and Thor fought dumb

Avatar image for deactivated-63abc1f72d85e
deactivated-63abc1f72d85e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

even without strange they still win, i don't see thor taking out iron man and spider man, and you might think that mantis is an outlier but if she touches him once he's out like a light.

Avatar image for deactivated-61469eb5765d0
deactivated-61469eb5765d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team, strange can solo

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange would able to beat him, especially if he uses the time gem.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor isn't losing unless he fights dumb. No one on the Titan team can react to lightning. Only tony has durability to survive one lightning blast but Thor finishes him one Vs one.

Dr Strange has a lot of hax but needs to make a lot of gesture to use them hence why he lost badly against ebony maw and Thor can attack faster than ebony maw.

Tzimiscelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange have a lot of hax, but its very fragile and most of the hax requires some loading time.

The main factor here is that the team cannot put the kind of damage needed to put thor down. If strange cant BFR him, its only a matter of time before a far too strong and far too durable thor wear iron man down.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Greysentinel365

Sooooooo Strange vs Thor then? Everyone else is oneshottable.

Strange can win via BFR but he has no way of killing Thor.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23 krisbishop  Moderator

Titan Team might win with Strange as MVP, but Thor should take this more times than not.

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor's lightning can one shot everyone except Iron man so he should win the majority here.

Tzimiscelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: A weaker and unawakened thor already proved himself to be completely impervious to everything iron man could throw at him (while iron mar armor couldn't say the same about thor) and Strange firepower isn't greater than Iron mans, not is he as durable.

So unless they can reliably BFR thor, is not that thor could or should win, is literally that he cannot lose.

Strange BFR thor is literally their only chance. And if this Thor have the bifrost at his disposal (which is unclear) that may very well be not a possibility.

Tzimiscelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: May I humbly ask how many times has Strange successfully trap someone in the mirror dimension?

Because I'm pretty sure it has been 0.

Trying to use a strategy that hasn't been successful EVER in the MCU as a trump card is.... not impressive, to say the least.

We will have to make a ton of assumptions just to give it a try.

First, that he can land the riff on thor.

Thor can fly, and can fly pretty fast. The mirror dimension rift move fairly slowly, its fairly easy to dodge for a flyer.

But let's assume it wouldn't be dodged.

Thanos smashed the rift easily in a single punch, and as it was seen in how agonizingly slow stormbreaker was descending upon thor in their struggle despite thanos having way better leverage, their strengths aren't that apart from each other. And thor also have asgard-forged magical equipment.

We have to chain a second assumption on top of the first one and say he would NOT dodge it or shatter it.

Then, as the mirror dimension has NEVER successfully contained anyone in the entire MCU, its hard to know how difficult it would be to get out of there.

We would have to chain an assumption on the assumption that was chained in the previous assumption and think it would be hard or impossible.

And then, of course, we will also have to assume, on top of that, that this awakened thor dont have access to the bifrost as it had in IW and endgame, since in that case he could get out in a second or two with it.

Until I see mirror dimension being used successfully in combat, I'm not that impressed with it, honestly.

Strange has fought some pretty serious opponents and has never been able to successfully trap them or BFR them.

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dunno what's wrong with the incel posting all of these gross gifs on every thread. The shock factor kind of wears off when he does it a million times.

Anyway, unless Strange manages to BFR, he should be able to clear with great difficulty.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tzimiscelord: thanos used the space stone along with the power stone to destroy the mirror dimension portal. It wasn't a pure physical force strike.

Tzimiscelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: A sorcerer with human stats which, if not actively casting, is a normal human. My point stands, never against a powerful foe. And he fought thanos children and thanos himself. (also thanos army)

Never successfully against any heaviweight or superpowered foe he have ever fought.

He had the IG, true, but he shattered it with a punch, not by snapping or actively channeling a stone.

Anyways, even if discarding the punch, everything else said still stands.

Thor never had any problem related to strange teleporting him either. Your point there, exactly?

@rebake:

The space stone wasn't even shining

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Johndeyvido

@ready_4_madness:

Which do you think is faster, Dr Strange casting a spell or Thor calling down lightning?

I think your answer tells you strange has no chance to win a serious Thor.

Thanos was jobbing against the Titan team as confirmed on screen and by the directors, Strange and Tony's performance should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Tzimiscelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tzimiscelord said:

@ready_4_madness: A sorcerer with human stats which, if not actively casting, is a normal human. My point stands, never against a powerful foe. And he fought thanos children and thanos himself. (also thanos army)

Thanos is a powerful foe and Strange versatility force him to use four stones against him. Thanos easily stomped Thor without the Infinity Stones.

[Ebonymaw was leagues below thanos with 0 stones and defeated strange in a 1 vs 1, strange "forcing thanos" to use stones is a plain and simple lie. Strange damage output is sistantially below thor, hulk or even iron man. His magic tricks allow him to hold his own for a while, but does not replace real power in a fight.]

Never successfully against any heaviweight or superpowered foe he have ever fought.

Again Thanos needed the stones to beat him.

[Again, false. Thanos didn't need the stones to defeat Strange. Neither did foes way below thanos level, like ebony maw.]

He had the IG, true, but he shattered it with a punch, not by snapping or actively channeling a stone.

The stones glow when Thanos use them and the power stone was the only one that glowed when he punched the mirror dimension. It's literally a fact. Watch the scene again, there's a 4K version on Youtube,

[Highly debatable, but irrelevant since, as i said, even if we discard punching the rift, all my other previous points stand]

Anyways, even if discarding the punch, everything else said still stands.

Thor never had any problem related to strange teleporting him either. Your point there, exactly?

He literally did though, he wasn't even aware Strange was teleporting him until it happened. And my point is this, yeah Thor is a powerful brute but you're not about to tell me he has an answer to Dr. Strange's versatility.

[He literally didn't, though. He wasn't aware strange was teleporting him, so it got him by surprise.

That proves Thor is not omniscient, which I never claimed him to be. I also bet hawkeye could land a punch on hulk or thor if he got them by surprise too, that doesn't prove he would fare well in a direct face-to-face battle.

Strange has never showed to possess the kind of firepower needed to wound the likes of thor or hulk.

Neither have he showed the durability to last longer than a single punch.

Strange versatility (mirror duplicates, teleports, turning ranged blasts to butterflies, restrains, and so on) will, without a doubt, allow him to last for a while. Strange can buy some time, probably more than even Tony.

But as much versatility as strange has and as much teleporting and distracting hax as he have, it doesn't change the basic fact. Strange cannot cause real harm to thor. And thor only needs to get him once.

If they fight, it's a matter of time.]

@rebake:

The space stone wasn't even shining

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness:

Draw speed??? Dr. Strange literally have to make hand gestures for seconds to cast any spell & Tony's weapons will be tanked/nosold. Thor can summon lightning with his mind and lightning moves at mach 300 so my friend, neither iron man nor Dr Strange can attack faster than Thor.

Thanos could block Tony's attacks but not Thor's lightning.Dr. Strange spells is useful against bricks not characters with fast range attacks that he cannot react to...

Tzimiscelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have doubts about Thanos being more powerful than Ebony considering the fact that he didn't really have an answer to Wanda's TK. Strange doesn't really need to engage in a serious fight with Thor, his versatility gives him that option. He had Loki falling in space endlessly for 30 mins. He can do that and separate Thor from his weapon. Or again put him in the mirror dimension which Thor has no answer to. And let's not forget Maw had Thor restrained with ease.

Ebony was an underling. To be more precise, it was an underly that was terribly afraid of disappointing thanos because that would mean their destruction. Rewatch the movies. Thanos was considerably more powerful than all his generals combines.

The only way for Strange not to engage in a serious fight with thor is by fleeing (for example, teleporting far, far away and hiding)

End of the line.

Loki doesn't fly, neither can summon bifrost on command.

Strange has no way whatsoever to separate thor from his weapon, other than opening a portal if thor throws it.

Again, the mirror dimension has worked to trap beings an outstanding 0 times. Am i supposed to be impressed?-

Thor DO have answer for not getting trapped in the mirror dimension (to dodge the riff, it isn't difficult in the slightest), arguably to shatter the rift or, if everything else fails, to snap his fingers and use bifrost to get out of the mirror dimension.

Actually, thor can choose between several options to deal with the mirror dimension. First and foremost not getting into the rift.

A thor badly injured and that couldn't even stand up properly when unrestrained.

Assuming you re using a version of thor that is so wounded he can barely stand, then I retract from my words and immediately give strange the victory.

Still, unless very clearly specified, we should use healthy and rested versions of the characters only.

Again Thanos needed the stones to beat him.

Again, no he didn't.

Strange lost to ebony maw. The same guy who feared destruction if thanos was dissapointed.

If Thanos was that good he wouldn't of used the power stone to shatter the mirror dimension. Whereas with Thor he stomped him easily without the stones.

Again, you are assuming Thanos was actively channeling the power stone to shatter the mirror dimension, which unless specified anywhere is debatable at best. he could very well be using it just to give extra potency to his punch like he did to cap marvel in the next movie.

Thanos stomped everyone in the movie. If we are going to be in that plan, at least thor lost to the big boss himself, while strange couldn't get past the underlings.

Flat out delusional, Thor has no answer to the mirror dimension, period.

1 He can just avoid the riff. If he does, he never gets into the mirror dimension.

You dont need an answer to the mirror dimension if you are never trapped in it to begin with.

2 The bifrost is literally a transportation method between dimensions. If this is the thor from IW or endgame, he can call upon the bifrost to be back on heart in one or two seconds flat.

3 no one has ever been traped there in the MCU, we dont even know how hard or easy is to get out of there.

We could speculate is hard, or we could speculate that you only need to push the nearest mirror, and both would be baseless speculations.

Ignoring how easy the riff is to dodge, or how little time it takes for the bifrost to take you to different dimensions is delusional.

I haven't seen you say anything that counters the mirror dimension

1 Dodging. You don't need to counter the mirror dimension if you are never trapped inside of it.

It's actually that easy. You don't even need to plan an escape from a jail you are never going to be in.

2 Bifrost. If you can get back to either Asgard or Midgard in a second, getting teleported to another dimension is harmless unless that dimension can kill you in less time than that, which the mirror dimension definitely cant.

The bifrost is a perfectly easy and reliable counter.

3 We haven't seen anything that proves the mirror dimension is hard to escape either, to begin with.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 cocacolaman  Moderator
I'm sure Donald Trump security guards are scared of how powerful he is but that doesn't necessarily mean he's beating any of them in a fight.

This is funnier than it should be

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 cocacolaman  Moderator
Tzimiscelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: Just because he was afraid of Thanos that doesn't mean he has less raw power.

When we are talking about supervillains or overlord, its exactly what it means. He never mentioned being scared of his army.

Ebony maw is ALSO massively inferior than thanos in the comics too.

I'm sure Donald Trump security guards are scared of how powerful he is but that doesn't necessarily mean he's beating any of them in a fight.

If we ever debate about donald trump, or real world bosses and real world underlings, ill take that into consideration.

This is not the case XD

The bifrost working inside the mirror dimension is pure theory.

The bifrost is a tool for interdimensional travel. Unless stated otherwise, it should work perfectly for interdimensional travel, its kinda like it does. It was the whole purpose of building it in the first place. For asgardians, technology and magic are one and the same, as it was said in one of the thor movies. The mirror dimension has never been shown or hinted to nullify either magic or technology.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor. Not all that close IMO.

Tzimiscelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: Thanos has been canonically stated to be way stronger than any other eternal but Kronos. Ebony maw is consistently portrayed as being way below thanos in comics. You are still trying to compare non-powered humans to thanos (one of the most powerful comic villains) as if that would have some shred of credibility, but it doesnt.

Let me tell you a shocking secret, buddy, thanos is not human, and have actual superpowers.

Comparing it to trump, penguin or a mob boss is a waste of time.