Thor vs Thanos

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Thanos.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

@betatesthighlander1 said:

@citizenbane:

how do we know Thanos was telling the truth and not just hiding his defeat?

-_-

The entire point of that story was Jim Starlin retconning away a host of Thanos' defeats. The fight with Ka-Zar, the fight with Thor and the fight with the Avengers. The writer's intent was clear and unmistakable. Pretending that something else was going on and Thanos was just making excuses is nothing more than desperate reaching. Additionally, Thor was heavily amped in that fight with the Thanosi. It's not applicable to this match-up.

Thanos is more powerful than Thor. End of story.

and the entire point of the Ka-Zar stories and the fight with Thor was to have the characters fight Thanos, and they actually showed fights with Thanos, so the options are

1) go with the intent that's backed up with images and narration

2) go with the intent that's backed up with the words of a notorious liar

you understand why I found the second morel logical?

Thor has been slapped around by Hulk a couple times, but most people here think Thor is more powerful

Really, so Hulk going one on one on Thor and still generally only managing a stalemate is comparable to Thanos easily knocking out Thor and Thing, within 2 pages comparable?

Thor has energy attack Hulk doesnt have, thats why Thor is more powerful. That falls apart when comparing against Thanos because his energy attack drawfs that of Thor, his durability drawfs that of Thor, his physical strength drawfs that of Thor and so on and so forth

yeah,I'm not sure about those three,considering all the stuff Thor's done,and I've never really see Thanos do anything more impressive. yes, Thanos knocked Thor down,but Black Panther also put Silver Surfer in an arm-bar

Thor just needed to change up some strategies

And do what exactly?

I would love to hear, outside of getting powerful atrifacts, which of course would mean Thor has prep and not that Thor is willing to do anything, what can he do to take down Thanos.

I am genuinely hoping for an answer here

godblasts did some damage to a celestial

has Thanos ever done anything like that (don'tsay the galactus fight,we have nothing to say Galactus was well-fed,and Galactus wasn't even really damaged afterwards)

the third one doesn't really prove anything

Its not a fighting feat, it does prove of point if you are looking into it carefully. MOD a very powerful reality warper was having fight with his younger self, young MOD first calls upon heroes to back him up, the future version calls upon villains then he turns around to call Gods (where Thanos is there).

Point was marvel clearly puts Thanos in a whole different level as compared to Thor.

When asked Stan Lee, after The Final Threat, on who is stronger between Hulk, Thor and Thanos, he simply replied Thanos is just in a weight class of his own.

Look at people Thanos has fought, Tyrant, Odin, when guys like Thor were getting one shotted rather easily.

What can you show me to suggest Thor would beat him?

What exactly does Thor have in his arsenal that Thanos doesnt have an answer to, i would love to hear.

source?

Thor has fought Odin plenty oftimesbefore,and I don't remember Thanos fighting Tyrant (he just said fighting would be pointless and teleported away) I also don't remember Tyrant ever actually fighting Thor.

when he did that stuff to Exitar, or when he survived 3 blasts from Celestials before being knocked out

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

also,Thanos seemed pretty afraid of people like the Hulk

No Caption Provided

I should add that Thanos never actually defeated Champion, just had him destroy the planet and traded him for the power gem

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#104  Edited By Saren

@citizenbane said:

@citizenbane:

-_-

The entire point of that story was Jim Starlin retconning away a host of Thanos' defeats. The fight with Ka-Zar, the fight with Thor and the fight with the Avengers. The writer's intent was clear and unmistakable. Pretending that something else was going on and Thanos was just making excuses is nothing more than desperate reaching. Additionally, Thor was heavily amped in that fight with the Thanosi. It's not applicable to this match-up.

and the entire point of the Ka-Zar stories and the fight with Thor was to have the characters fight Thanos, and they actually showed fights with Thanos, so the options are

The nature of retcons is that the intent of previous stories is no longer relevant. The intent of Infinity Abyss is. They were clones. Deal with it. The writer said they were clones. Unless you feel like you know more about Thanos than the guy who created Thanos, deal with it. The handbooks also collaborate the fact that they were clones. Once again, deal with it. And once again, Thor was heavily amped in that fight with the Thanosi. Why are you even trying to validate that showing? Base Thor is out of his league against Thanos. The fact that the Ka-Zar and Thor fights had images and narration is irrelevant. They were retconned. Unless you can find something that undoes the retcon (and when I mean something, I actually mean something, as opposed to whining about Thanos being a liar), those showings are no longer valid. Deal with it.

I mean, let's be serious here. The writer and collaborative sources all state that Thanos was telling the truth, and you think he was lying because you want Thor to be on par with someone he's always been inferior to.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#105  Edited By Saren

I should add that Thanos never actually defeated Champion, just had him destroy the planet and traded him for the power gem

Champion w/the Power Gem would beat the tar out of Thor. What's your point? As for Thanos being afraid of the Hulk because he said he wouldn't want to fight the Hulk, at least Thanos has never been beaten unconscious by the Hulk. Thor has.

No Caption Provided

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#106  Edited By Shawnbaby

@citizenbane said:

@citizenbane:

-_-

The reason why you have to accept the words of a notorious liar is simple. Thor killed the "Thanos" that he fought....and yet...here's Thanos explaining that it wasn't actually him that Thor fought and killed...merely one of his clones. If Thor had actually killed Thanos...Thanos really wouldn't be alive to talk about it. That...and the fact that while Thanos is explaining the situation...he's in a room that shows that he does, indeed, have clones that he could use for such a thing add a bit of credibility to his words.

And there's also the fact that Marvel considers Thanos' version of those events to be the way things actually went down...which makes Thanos' versions of those events actual Marvel Canon. It doesn't even fully classify as a Retcon...because all those events happened the way they did...with the exception that it wasn't actually Thanos.

In the end, Thor's two best showings against Thanos happened when he was amped up by an outside force. One was with the Power Gem and the best that he could do was Stalemate Thanos. The second was with A bit of Odin Force, The Belt of Strength, and the Shield of Odin...and, while he won the battle, it was actually only a clone he was fighting against.

With only his own power...Thor cannot stand against Thanos.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Killemall

You do realise Marvel has gone on and created a whole book on stuffs that are still canon to Thanos history called Thanos Source Book, that list ALL his story arcs, and its convinently not there.

That even isnt mentioned in any of Thanos bio, not 1, every major appearences Thanos has is on the bio.

Also $100 says you cant show me one scans of Thanos lying to anyone. Thanos is NOT known for lying, in fact if you have read Thanos you would know Thanos ALWAYS keeps his words, always.

Lastly you conveniently ignored my scans, sure Thanos could have lied to Gamora, he cant lied to Adam Warlock, because given they both shared soul gem, Warlock knows Thanos better than he does himself.

Something you would know if you have read up on Thanos though, sorry mate but you really , really havent read much on Thanos here to say much.

yeah,I'm not sure about those three,considering all the stuff Thor's done,and I've never really see Thanos do anything more impressive. yes, Thanos knocked Thor down,but Black Panther also put Silver Surfer in an arm-bar

So either you are extremely biased against Thanos or you havent read much on Thanos at all, be honest man, which one is it.

As per my orginal stand about Thanos having better strength than Thor

Physical Stats (Strength and Durability)

1. Fight against Classic Drax, the same guy who could rip the core of a star, note how a planet is busted as a side effect of a fight, now show me 1 instance of Thor ever busting a planet as a side effect of a fight.

01. Fights Classic Drax The Destroyer, a planet is destroyed in process and Drax is soundly defeated. (Iron Man Volume 1, Issue 55)

02. Better Durability than Thor, serious was that ever a question.

1. Fighting a whole issue against a pissed off Odin, the same guy who one shotted Silver Sufer and Classic Drax.

Fights a bunch of Asgardians and Odin - Warlock and Infinity Watch Volume 1, Issue 25

2. Physically over-powering a guy (Lord Mar Vell) who just mopped the floor with Surfer (who actually got one shotted), Quasar and Nova. 3 beings on the same level as Thor.

A very short fight with Lord Mar Vell a being who single handedly beat Adam Warlock, Nova Prime and Surfer (in fact he one shotted him) and Thanos was easily getting the better of him before he asked to be killed (plot for the whole arc) - Thanos Imperative 05

3. Fighting and beating a cosmic cube being.

Thanos 10

Energy projection

I cant believe anyone would freakin doubt Thanos energy attack being more potent than Thor, i mean come on.

Here Thanos vs Rot, the son of Thanos and Lady Death, the being that was actually going to eat the whole freakin universe and Lady Death had to run away from him. Yeah that guy, Thanos KILLED him and the said blast made the entire universe scream

Fights and kills ROT an abstract level being, the son of Lady Death and Thanos, and the full blast from thanos apparently "Makes the universe scream"

This scan right here

No Caption Provided

I mean come on how biased can you get?

has Thanos ever done anything like that (don'tsay the galactus fight,we have nothing to say Galactus was well-fed,and Galactus wasn't even really damaged afterwards)

1. You do realise God Blast takes a significant amount of time to charge, and Thanos has shields to block energy attack from Galactus (at least one hit) Thor God blast really isnt going to be more powerful than Galactus blast.

2. Has done plenty of stuffs: killing rot a baby abstract, beating a cosmic cube being who are powerful enough to hold an entire universe in their hand as well as tank being multiple planets thrown at them.

3. Galactus was in fact well fed, it was made pretty clear in the issue. So you clearly havent read the issue because Galactus was in that series feeding on the energies of the infinity gem. Then i never even once brought up Galactus stuffs, there is a better feat, Thanos matched energy output of Inbetweener during Thanos Quest 01, who's well Galactus level.

source?

Thor has fought Odin plenty oftimesbefore,and I don't remember Thanos fighting Tyrant (he just said fighting would be pointless and teleported away) I also don't remember Tyrant ever actually fighting Thor.

when he did that stuff to Exitar, or when he survived 3 blasts from Celestials before being knocked out

1. It was Stan Lee interview on Newsarama, as well as in one of the Marvel Age thing, i will have to look for it.

2. $10 says you cant show me a scan of Thor actually tanking Odin's blast with no Damage and Odin have to get his gangrir to actually stop Thor and still failing. try.

3. Why pretend, you havent read the issue Thanos fought Tyrant, because if you did you wouldnt be saying stuffs like this. They fought for an entire issue then Thanos teleported away. In fact its just right there in the thread i gave you, why be so ignorant about it?

4. Broke Exitar dome, cool, Exitar wasnt even harmed. During Black Galaxy saga Thor hit a celestial so hard he knocked himself out the celestial wasnt even harmed.

Then we have Thanos killing a baby abstracts, fighting and beating Beyonder.

5. And Thanos KOed Thor with 2 blast, IN HIS WEAKEST INCARNATION, Thanos has gotten 2 boosts after that.

So lets just cut the bias here shall we.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Champion w/the Power Gem would beat the tar out of Thor. What's your point? As for Thanos being afraid of the Hulk because he said he wouldn't want to fight the Hulk, at least Thanos has never been beaten unconscious by the Hulk. Thor has.

No Caption Provided

Also being scared of Hulk always reminds me of this scan :)

No Caption Provided

Granted its a Prof Hulk, given the way he is talking , nope doesnt look afraid to me at all.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Shawnbaby

No Caption Provided

Oh Yeah...Thanos is shaking in his boots here.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: What do you mean Thanos could be lying about him being a clone? Who makes the characters talk? The writers. The writers said that it was a clone. Thanos and Thor have only met a few times with no real victor. But whenever they have met, Thanos is by himself and Thor has help. You can also look at the same people they have fought:

Silver Surfer: Thor has a HARD time with SS. He has hurt and wounded Thor. SS has never even hurt Thanos in a physical battle.

Odin: Thor has been pummeled by Odin effortlessly on a few occasions. Thanos had a lengthy battle with Odin and Odin still could not keep him down.

Champion: Thor and Champion had a fight and it was back and forth. This was without the power gem. They were about equal. Thanos fought Champion with the power gem. The fight lasted pages before the planet was destroyed. Even with the power gem Champion couldn't beat Thanos.

Thor: When it was a one on one fight between thor and thanos, thanos was not expecting it and Thor had the power gem. With the power gem all Thor did was give him a nosebleed.

Thor did not hurt glory with his own power. He used Glory's power against him. When Thor hurt the Celestial he had the belt of strength. Thor is not on Thanos level. Thor is on Silver Surfer herald level and Thanos is far above that.

Avatar image for fernando072295reborn
Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: Learn to count lol. You left a scan out of the fight anyway. A hit from Thor after Thanos' punch, and Thanos hitting Thor. Right before Thor gets slammed into the ground.

You have no proof whatsoever that Thanos' hits were doing more damage to Thor than vice versa. Thanos is the one who bled during that fight. Thor is the one who tanked his cheap shot.

Ok lol? Were those scans supposed to mean something lol? That's far from a pummeling, and considering Thor can call Mjolnir back to his hand and that Thor was standing moments after the blasting was done, that's not even a win in Thanos' favor. You acting like Thanos slapping Thor is a "pummeling" is the same as if I were to say this was Thor going to town on Thanos:

No Caption Provided

AND THANOS HAS THE INFINITY GAUNTLET! WOWZA! :D No. Fact is, you were wrong. Be a man and admit it. I've seen all their fights and Thanos has yet to score a single concrete win on Thor (unamped). The best he's gotten is an advantage.

So, for this thread where Thor is using his full potential, Thor would very likely be too much for Thanos to handle.

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: yes. really. numbnuts :P

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Shawnbaby

@fernando072295reborn said:

@shawnbaby: Learn to count lol. You left a scan out of the fight anyway. A hit from Thor after Thanos' punch, and Thanos hitting Thor. Right before Thor gets slammed into the ground.

You have no proof whatsoever that Thanos' hits were doing more damage to Thor than vice versa. Thanos is the one who bled during that fight. Thor is the one who tanked his cheap shot.

Ok lol? Were those scans supposed to mean something lol? That's far from a pummeling, and considering Thor can call Mjolnir back to his hand and that Thor was standing moments after the blasting was done, that's not even a win in Thanos' favor. You acting like Thanos slapping Thor is a "pummeling" is the same as if I were to say this was Thor going to town on Thanos:

No Caption Provided

AND THANOS HAS THE INFINITY GAUNTLET! WOWZA! :D No. Fact is, you were wrong. Be a man and admit it. I've seen all their fights and Thanos has yet to score a single concrete win on Thor (unamped). The best he's gotten is an advantage.

So, for this thread where Thor is using his full potential, Thor would very likely be too much for Thanos to handle.

That isn't even the real Thor in that Scan...That's Eric Masterson...aka Thunderstrike...and seconds later he got pwned. So get your own facts straight before calling others out. thor Can't even beat THanos when he's amped up...without amps...he loses.

No Caption Provided

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#115  Edited By nefarious

Thanos has beaten Thor more than once.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Shawnbaby

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

"He thinks he won, but it lands on another planet and then all of a sudden the planet lights up and the Phoenix consumer it. At that point Thor Realizes he's screwed and not even a god can stop it."

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane said:

@citizenbane:

-_-

The nature of retcons is that the intent of previous stories is no longer relevant. The intent of Infinity Abyss is. They were clones. Deal with it. The writer said they were clones. Unless you feel like you know more about Thanos than the guy who created Thanos, deal with it. The handbooks also collaborate the fact that they were clones. Once again, deal with it. And once again, Thor was heavily amped in that fight with the Thanosi. Why are you even trying to validate that showing? Base Thor is out of his league against Thanos. The fact that the Ka-Zar and Thor fights had images and narration is irrelevant. They were retconned. Unless you can find something that undoes the retcon (and when I mean something, I actually mean something, as opposed to whining about Thanos being a liar), those showings are no longer valid. Deal with it.

I mean, let's be serious here. The writer and collaborative sources all state that Thanos was telling the truth, and you think he was lying because you want Thor to be on par with someone he's always been inferior to.

great job not providing any counter-arguments that I didn't already address. I'll make sure to remember that any time a supervillain makes a statement, than that statement should be accepted as canon. did you know that in the Marvel continuity Dreams are made only to be shattered? it's canon, Doctor Doom said it.

also, I forgot that the works of all subsequent writers are all non-canon.

any evidence that Thanos was telling the truth, and not, as he usually does, lie to make himself look tougher?

No Caption Provided

I don't recall champion ever actually fighting Thor.

anyways, I doubt Thanos could reproduce the Mjolnir-lifting feat, and Thor wasn't using hios storm/godblast powers there, so he's not as powerful as he would be in this fight

@citizenbane said:

@citizenbane:

-_-

The reason why you have to accept the words of a notorious liar is simple. Thor killed the "Thanos" that he fought....and yet...here's Thanos explaining that it wasn't actually him that Thor fought and killed...merely one of his clones. If Thor had actually killed Thanos...Thanos really wouldn't be alive to talk about it. That...and the fact that while Thanos is explaining the situation...he's in a room that shows that he does, indeed, have clones that he could use for such a thing add a bit of credibility to his words.

And there's also the fact that Marvel considers Thanos' version of those events to be the way things actually went down...which makes Thanos' versions of those events actual Marvel Canon. It doesn't even fully classify as a Retcon...because all those events happened the way they did...with the exception that it wasn't actually Thanos.

In the end, Thor's two best showings against Thanos happened when he was amped up by an outside force. One was with the Power Gem and the best that he could do was Stalemate Thanos. The second was with A bit of Odin Force, The Belt of Strength, and the Shield of Odin...and, while he won the battle, it was actually only a clone he was fighting against.

With only his own power...Thor cannot stand against Thanos.

the clones add some credibility, but not enough that it could really be accepted as fact. Anyways, Death has a tendency to not reap Thanos, and the guy seemed knocked out more than he did dead.

when did Marvel officially make a statement that that's how the events went? the wiki acknowledges this as a canon appearance of Thanos

@betatesthighlander1: avoid a fight and being afraid sin't the same thing -___-, Thanos ins't afraid of the hulk, but he would probably decline a fight with a raging green monster wouldn't you say so? besides, thanos would beat hulk and thor, both together.

why would Thanos not want to fight Hulk for any reason other than fear?

Mercy seems pretty foreign to the guy, I mean I guess you could argue that he was trying to save time, but he specifically mentioned that he wanted to avoid a fight with the Hulk

You do realise Marvel has gone on and created a whole book on stuffs that are still canon to Thanos history called Thanos Source Book, that list ALL his story arcs, and its convinently not there.

That even isnt mentioned in any of Thanos bio, not 1, every major appearences Thanos has is on the bio.

Also $100 says you cant show me one scans of Thanos lying to anyone. Thanos is NOT known for lying, in fact if you have read Thanos you would know Thanos ALWAYS keeps his words, always.

Lastly you conveniently ignored my scans, sure Thanos could have lied to Gamora, he cant lied to Adam Warlock, because given they both shared soul gem, Warlock knows Thanos better than he does himself.

Something you would know if you have read up on Thanos though, sorry mate but you really , really havent read much on Thanos here to say much

he lies through half-truths, anything he says couls have any other alternative meaning

So either you are extremely biased against Thanos or you havent read much on Thanos at all, be honest man, which one is it.

As per my orginal stand about Thanos having better strength than Thor

Physical Stats (Strength and Durability)

1. Fight against Classic Drax, the same guy who could rip the core of a star, note how a planet is busted as a side effect of a fight, now show me 1 instance of Thor ever busting a planet as a side effect of a fight.

01. Fights Classic Drax The Destroyer, a planet is destroyed in process and Drax is soundly defeated. (Iron Man Volume 1, Issue 55)

okay

No Caption Provided

1. Fighting a whole issue against a pissed off Odin, the same guy who one shotted Silver Sufer and Classic Drax.

Fights a bunch of Asgardians and Odin - Warlock and Infinity Watch Volume 1, Issue 25

Odin wasn't in there

this guy has two eyes
this guy has two eyes

A very short fight with Lord Mar Vell a being who single handedly beat Adam Warlock, Nova Prime and Surfer (in fact he one shotted him) and Thanos was easily getting the better of him before he asked to be killed (plot for the whole arc) - Thanos Imperative 05

not incredibly familiar with Lord Marvel, when did he fight Surfer?

didn't Kosmos lose a great deal of power while taking mortal form? I mean she was breathing while unconciuos, implying that she was a physical, organic being at that point

I cant believe anyone would freakin doubt Thanos energy attack being more potent than Thor, i mean come on.

Here Thanos vs Rot, the son of Thanos and Lady Death, the being that was actually going to eat the whole freakin universe and Lady Death had to run away from him. Yeah that guy, Thanos KILLED him and the said blast made the entire universe scream

Fights and kills ROT an abstract level being, the son of Lady Death and Thanos, and the full blast from thanos apparently "Makes the universe scream"

This scan right here

No Caption Provided

The Marvel Universe is notoriously fragile, Dormammu nearly broke it that one time, Odin strained on the multiverse with Seth,. Reed Richards seems to break it every other day

1. You do realise God Blast takes a significant amount of time to charge, and Thanos has shields to block energy attack from Galactus (at least one hit) Thor God blast really isnt going to be more powerful than Galactus blast.

2. Has done plenty of stuffs: killing rot a baby abstract, beating a cosmic cube being who are powerful enough to hold an entire universe in their hand as well as tank being multiple planets thrown at them.

3. Galactus was in fact well fed, it was made pretty clear in the issue. So you clearly havent read the issue because Galactus was in that series feeding on the energies of the infinity gem. Then i never even once brought up Galactus stuffs, there is a better feat, Thanos matched energy output of Inbetweener during Thanos Quest 01, who's well Galactus level.

1. Galactus jobs to much, feats against him mean very little these days

2. Rot was just a baby, and we don't really know how the strength of abstracts increases with time, and I donm't think Kosmic was at full power( if Thanos was already stronger than a cosmic cube, why would he try to get a cosmic cube?)

3. I remember In-Betweener being matched pretty evenly by Galactus, and where was it talking about him feeding off of an infinity gem?

source?

1. It was Stan Lee interview on Newsarama, as well as in one of the Marvel Age thing, i will have to look for it.

2. $10 says you cant show me a scan of Thor actually tanking Odin's blast with no Damage and Odin have to get his gangrir to actually stop Thor and still failing. try.

3. Why pretend, you havent read the issue Thanos fought Tyrant, because if you did you wouldnt be saying stuffs like this. They fought for an entire issue then Thanos teleported away. In fact its just right there in the thread i gave you, why be so ignorant about it?

4. Broke Exitar dome, cool, Exitar wasnt even harmed. During Black Galaxy saga Thor hit a celestial so hard he knocked himself out the celestial wasnt even harmed.

Then we have Thanos killing a baby abstracts, fighting and beating Beyonder.

5. And Thanos KOed Thor with 2 blast, IN HIS WEAKEST INCARNATION, Thanos has gotten 2 boosts after that.

So lets just cut the bias here shall we.

1. okay then

2. are you talking about Grungir/ also, the two-eyed Odin doesn't seem as strong as Thor's dad

3. I'm not entirely sure what issue you'r talking about at this point

4. he also broke the Celestial's mind

5. How strong was Thor at that point? Thor has been KO'ed by people like mantis when he wasn't paying attention

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seriously don't understand why people think Thor can beat Thanos

Tauris one of Thanos' henchmen stomped Thor in his first appearance and he's nowhere near as powerful as Thanos

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Granted its a Prof Hulk, given the way he is talking , nope doesnt look afraid to me at all.

yes, it is professor Hilk, ne of the weaker versions of the Terran monster

No Caption Provided

oh yeah...Thanos had the Infinity Gauntlet when he did that

No Caption Provided

thank you

No Caption Provided

That isn't even the real Thor in that Scan...That's Eric Masterson...aka Thunderstrike...and seconds later he got pwned. So get your own facts straight before calling others out. thor Can't even beat THanos when he's amped up...without amps...he loses.

No Caption Provided

so, it's a weaker version of Thpor against a super-amped Thanos

how does this support Thanos's innate superiority?

Thanos has beaten Thor more than once.

not under these specifications

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

"He thinks he won, but it lands on another planet and then all of a sudden the planet lights up and the Phoenix consumer it. At that point Thor Realizes he's screwed and not even a god can stop it."

Thor still knocked out the Phoenix force

@dondave said:

Tauris one of Thanos' henchmen stomped Thor in his first appearance and he's nowhere near as powerful as Thanos

when did that happen?

and how do we know that Thanos is above Tauris?

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Shawnbaby

@killemall said:
@citizenbane said:

@shawnbaby said:

No Caption Provided

No he didn't...That was after it was removed from him. Adam Warlock had it...in the first panel he is promising to use it wisely. Look at Thanos gloves in the second panel...no Gems.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Fernando brought in the first scan completely out of context apparently to push an agenda that Thor is superior to even an IG wearing Thanos. I guess it was an attempt to counter my in-context scan of THanos ripping through Thor and the Thing. I was merely providing the actual context of the situation with Masterson and Thanos.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

when did that happen?

and how do we know that Thanos is above Tauris?

Avengers Assemble #1

It was Thanos who gave the powers to the members of the Zodiac in the first place

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall said:
@citizenbane said:

@shawnbaby said:

No Caption Provided

No he didn't...That was after it was removed from him. Adam Warlock had it...in the first panel he is promising to use it wisely. Look at Thanos gloves in the second panel...no Gems.

oh right, it was

to be fair, it was still prof hulk, and earlier when Thanos had the gauntlet, they got some good fights in as well

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: he got some good hits in, not sure if that was really a stomp

@shawnbaby said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Fernando brought in the first scan completely out of context apparently to push an agenda that Thor is superior to even an IG wearing Thanos. I guess it was an attempt to counter my in-context scan of THanos ripping through Thor and the Thing. I was merely providing the actual context of the situation with Masterson and Thanos.

okay then

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: He got in one hit and then was turned into a baseball; that's pretty much a stomp

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave:

Thor fights like Agent J most of the time

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: He knocked it out which is the point. :p

@shawnbaby: lol. The butthurt is strong in you. I posted it because it was the equivalent of what you posted. You posted Thanos blasting Thor and it was somehow translated to you as "pummeling" Thor? Thor was up and at em in the next panel. Same with Thanos. You're attempts to strawman me while hilarious, are pitiful. Just like you to be honest. Thanos is regularly > Thor of course, but under the stips I presented in the thread, Thor has a lot more going for him than usual. Including the means to beat Thanos.

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: That's a weaker version of Thor sir. And i know more about the character than you do ^__^ I don't need to get any facts straight. You should read a comic every now and then though.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Shawnbaby

@shawnbaby: That's a weaker version of Thor sir. And i know more about the character than you do ^__^ I don't need to get any facts straight. You should read a comic every now and then though.

I know its a weaker version of Thor...the point was you were throwing around an out of context scan trying to show how tough Thor is when in the very next page he gets glassed.

@shawnbaby: He knocked it out which is the point. :p

@shawnbaby: lol. The butthurt is strong in you. I posted it because it was the equivalent of what you posted. You posted Thanos blasting Thor and it was somehow translated to you as "pummeling" Thor? Thor was up and at em in the next panel. Same with Thanos. You're attempts to strawman me while hilarious, are pitiful. Just like you to be honest. Thanos is regularly > Thor of course, but under the stips I presented in the thread, Thor has a lot more going for him than usual. Including the means to beat Thanos.

You have yet to show a single instance of a non-amped Thor even coming close to hurting Thanos...throwing insults around doesn't make your case look any better. If you want to prove Thor can win this...the onus is on you since every encounter non -amped Thor has had with Thanos, Thor has lost. You can throw as many insults at me as you want...it doesn't change that simple, undeniable, fact.

Thor didn't knock out the Phoenix, he slowed it down for about 5 seconds and then it comes back and whoops him like it did the first time around. Thor is not a match for The Phoenix Force. It's laughable that you would try to argue that he is.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#130  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: No I wasn't. Are you allowed to troll this vigorously? I already explained my intention with the scan.

Hm. I guess you can take it as an insult. That's not the intention though. You're shoving words and arguments in my mouth.

-sigh- Ok, time to give you a debating lesson. This isn't condescension either, it's just telling you why your arguments are flawed.

Ok, you would like to see scans of unamped Thor hurting Thanos yes? So I give you Masterson Thor hurting Thanos, and you post the rest of the fight saying "Out of context! out of contexxxxtttt!" But you see, there is no context. Thor had Thanos down for a few moments, "hurting" him. Just like in your scan where Thanos had Thor down for a few moments then Thor was fine. So what's the difference? None really.

No Caption Provided

What you posted was also the equivalent of that. A momentary advatange for Thanos, just like Masterson had a momentary advantage here.

Also, I was not the one claiming Thor ever pummeled Thanos. You however, did claim Thanos pummeled Thor. You failed to post any proof and have had a snobbish attitude throughout our conversation. Not healthy prods and pokes, just being dickish. So don't cry so quickly.

Here's where you're shoving words into my mouth. When did I at any point say Thor is a match for the Phoenix Force? I posted a video of the feat. Along with the interview that confirms the KO. But that means he wasn't ko'd? Why yes it does.

In short, you've trolled, lowballed, shoved words in my mouth and retained a snobby attitude to go along with it. Would you like a scenario where Thor beats Thanos? There are several in this case. Thor throws Mjolir at Thanos at around twice the speed of light, having it warp through space to avoid any shielding, and having it strike Thanos square in the face. Or, Thor starts up one of the storms he used that devastated the Earth while being conjured from another dimension and proceeds to hit Thanos with a couple of the lightning bolts he used to hurt Chaos King. Happy my friend? :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterwhisper: What does age have to do with it? Does Thor lose his feats after a 10 year period or something?

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i would have thought that these two had fought somewhere in marvel

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: No I wasn't. Are you allowed to troll this vigorously? I already explained my intention with the scan.

Hm. I guess you can take it as an insult. That's not the intention though. You're shoving words and arguments in my mouth.

-sigh- Ok, time to give you a debating lesson. This isn't condescension either, it's just telling you why your arguments are flawed.

Ok, you would like to see scans of unamped Thor hurting Thanos yes? So I give you Masterson Thor hurting Thanos, and you post the rest of the fight saying "Out of context! out of contexxxxtttt!" But you see, there is no context. Thor had Thanos down for a few moments, "hurting" him. Just like in your scan where Thanos had Thor down for a few moments then Thor was fine. So what's the difference? None really.

No Caption Provided

What you posted was also the equivalent of that. A momentary advatange for Thanos, just like Masterson had a momentary advantage here.

Also, I was not the one claiming Thor ever pummeled Thanos. You however, did claim Thanos pummeled Thor. You failed to post any proof and have had a snobbish attitude throughout our conversation. Not healthy prods and pokes, just being dickish. So don't cry so quickly.

Here's where you're shoving words into my mouth. When did I at any point say Thor is a match for the Phoenix Force? I posted a video of the feat. Along with the interview that confirms the KO. But that means he wasn't ko'd? Why yes it does.

In short, you've trolled, lowballed, shoved words in my mouth and retained a snobby attitude to go along with it. Would you like a scenario where Thor beats Thanos? There are several in this case. Thor throws Mjolir at Thanos at around twice the speed of light, having it warp through space to avoid any shielding, and having it strike Thanos square in the face. Or, Thor starts up one of the storms he used that devastated the Earth while being conjured from another dimension and proceeds to hit Thanos with a couple of the lightning bolts he used to hurt Chaos King. Happy my friend? :)

I've not trolled or lowballed anyone.You however have been lowballing Thanos the entire time. Thanos defeats an amped up Thor and you try to make it seem like he ran away because he was getting beat when the comic explicitly states he only got his gun because he was bored. I post scans of Thanos tearing through Thing and Thor simultaneously and you feebly attempt to discredit them. You then post an out of context Scan of Masterson Thor Cheap Shotting Thanos (Apparently its Ok for Thor to use Cheap Shots...but not Thanos) when the very next page has Thor getting glassed. You boast about THor "knocking out" THe Phoenix Force when the reality is he only slowed it down for a few seconds before it came back and worked him like it did the first time. Talk about "momentary advantage" One shot from Phoenix and Thor was out of the fight. And of course there's always the beat down he received from Emma Frost with only 1/5th of the PF and she is't even really a Fighter.

As for the Thor/Thing Beatdown. Thor was on his knees and it took the intervention of Adam Warlock for Thanos to be defeated. Thor and Thing together couldn't beat Thanos. It wasn't a momentary advantage. Thanos was in control.

The very best showing Thor has against THanos was actually just a Thanos Clone...and Thor needed several amps to beat it. That's not Lowballing. That's what happened.

Your argument doesn't get any stronger by attacking me personally, "my friend". As for my attitude...I've never actually gone so far as to actually insult you, pal. I didn't refer to you as being "Butthurt". I didn't call you "numbnuts" . And I haven't said you were "Dickish". And I don't want to do anthign so juvenile as to say "You started it" but your first few exchanges with me weren't exactly civil either so if I came off as hostile... it may have been because instead of politely disagreeing with me...you called my argument a pile of BS and then you accused me of trying to sneak out of the conversation. So don't try and take any moral high ground here, Chum. So maybe we should both just drop the attitude and debate this like reasonable adults...what do you say?

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: Yes you have. You've trolled me and lowballed Thor. Find a single instance of me lowballing Thor. One. It's a challenge. I have not downplayed his physicality, his shields, his blasting, nothing.

Use your head. Regardless of who you like more, why would someone who was previously invigorated by a fight, suddenly get bored once bloodied? Come on.

Discredit what? He hurt Thor. Yay? It's not a pummeling like you would've liked it to be.

Thanos had the infinity gauntlet lol. He could've been blindfolded and tied down and it still would've been impressive.

Hickman confirms the ko. Your word against his.

what were those scans supposed to prove? I'll repeat, this isn't about who is > who.

Then Thor got up. He was stunned is all. He was up and at em on the next page.

Look at that. You've ignored my arguments. What a surprise.

I wasn't calling your argument BS. Thanos' words were BS.

"numbnuts"? Lol? That offended you? Good Lord.

"Butthurt" isn't an insult either.

You're not capable of debating like a reasonable adult. I'd like to of course, but you've put so many words in my mouth you have arguments against things I've never said at all. So you'd need to learn to debate before that happened...It's seriously like this: "Thor ko'd the PF." "WHAT? YOU'RE SAYING THOR IS > PF?". That's putting words in my mouth.

So, yeah that's all. No point in continuing to waste my time. Enjoy having your last word and later.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fernando072295reborn: you have said that Thor has not fought at full potential against Thanos. What makes you think Thanos has gone full potential against Thor?

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: I'm sure you can find a quote where I said that right?

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Shawnbaby

@fernando072295reborn: Well, I tried to be reasonable and you continue to just insult. Great Debating skill.

I didn't put words in your mouth. I tried to explain to you that Thor did not really KO the Phoenix Force. If Thor had really KO'd The Phoenix Force...that would have been the end of the battle. KO's win Battles. Momentarily delaying The Phoenix Force and then getting Beat down himself is not what anyone with sense would refer to as being a legitimate knockout. A real knock out is what The Phoenix Force did to Thor the first time around. Thor had to get hauled off the battlefield by Valkyrie who even comments on how horribly injured he is.

That isn't lowballing Thor. Not in the slightest. That's Thor being beat by something that legitimately is much more powerful then him. If I wanted to Lowball Thor I would bring up the Scan of him getting 1 shot by Rhino with his Mighty Horn of Plot Device.

Those scans show Thor getting KO'd by Emma Frost with only 1/5 of the Phoenix Force. I'm not sure how you don't see that as relevant when you think he has the power to legitimately KO the Entire Force when he got rocked by someone with only 1/5th of it...who isn't even really a fighter. Again, Not lowballing. All the Phoenix Five were shown to be on a level above Thor. Here's another one of Thor getting PF Namor with a Cheap Shot:

MAN! That's a Huge Hit! What effect does it The King of Atlantis? Surely that must KO him? Nope...it just made him angry. In the end it took Wanda with her Plot Device Anti-Phoenix Powers to somehow put Namor Down.

Where am i going with all this? I'm just trying to establish that generally speaking Thor doesn't have a very good track record against anything involving Phoenix powers.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By pooty

@pooty: I'm sure you can find a quote where I said that right?

Did i say you said that? Or did I ask a question?

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: You implied it. So both.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Killemall

he lies through half-truths, anything he says couls have any other alternative meaning

Ok i am sooooo lost at what you are talking about.

Thanos said: it was not me but rather a Thanosi

What half truth do you find on that statement.

Again, I ask you something very simple: Show me one instance of Thanos lying, because i know for a fact that he doesnt. And hence your excuse that Thanos was lying when he said it was Thanosi, twice as opposed to once cannot simple be correct.

No Caption Provided

Have you even read Blood and Thunder? Be honest man.

You should know that he was in a sort of "pseudo" warrior madness in this instance, in fact bio outright call it warrior madness. His performance in Blood and Thunder is just much better than his performance anywhere else, like beating Silver Surfer, Adam Warlock, Drax one after the other.

So either you have no clue about the context, or you are getting desperate.

Furthermore, Thanos destroyed the planet as a result of am arm lock, which requires a LOT more strength.

Odin wasn't in there

this guy has two eyes
this guy has two eyes

So you are convinently going to ignore everything in the issue and says its not Odin because writer showed he had 2 eyes? Oh for the love of god.

So Thanos takes Thor to Asgard, the all father of Asgard enters the scene, Adam Warlock call his Odin, everyone else calls him Odin, Sift calls him Odin, Beta Ray Bill calls him Odin, but he is apparently not Odin because the artist mistook and put two eyes for him.

Really?

Come on man, and you pretend you are still not being biased?

didn't Kosmos lose a great deal of power while taking mortal form? I mean she was breathing while unconciuos, implying that she was a physical, organic being at that point

Show me one scans that says so, as in lose a GREAT DEAL of power because she took mortal form.

She wasnt weak, she was vulnerable.

Thanos matching her attack to attack, when the issue clearly says "omnipotent" in the recap page (which i posted but you convinently ignored).

Thats a pretty uber feat, but i suppose you are too biased to see otherwise.

The Marvel Universe is notoriously fragile, Dormammu nearly broke it that one time, Odin strained on the multiverse with Seth,. Reed Richards seems to break it every other day

LOL what?

Fabric of marvel universe is fragile only when you talk about consequences of skyfathers.

So you are dismissing a feat because Dormammu was able to weaken the fabric of universe when the same guy has taken on (although lost badly) against eternity, taken over Mephisto hades, had Gaea captive, killed nether-realm guardians..

I mean come on if you are comparing Thor with Dormammu, then there is something seriously wrong there mate.

Dormammu, in all honestly, should be more powerful than Thanos.

The fabric of universe / multiverse is the same space time. And why is the fact that Odin vs an amped up Seth does anything to decrease the validity of the feat, when both of them, at that time, and leagues and bounds beyond Thor.

Against another $100 if you show me Reed Richard, on his own accord, without the ultimate nullifier breaking the universe, let alone every other day.

Also you are convinently ignoring that Rot was going to eat the universe, Lady Death was running scared of Rot and had to ask Thanos to help. Avengers were getting KO everytime they touched the energy of ROT.

Very conveninent how you ignore everything.

2. Rot was just a baby, and we don't really know how the strength of abstracts increases with time, and I donm't think Kosmic was at full power( if Thanos was already stronger than a cosmic cube, why would he try to get a cosmic cube?)

3. I remember In-Betweener being matched pretty evenly by Galactus, and where was it talking about him feeding off of an infinity gem?

1. I think the better answer there would be, I (betatesthighlander1) am extremely biased against Thanos so i will do my level best to try and ignore every of his feat. Sure marvel classifies as Thanos being on a whole different level as heroes , a scan i already saw but still ignoring, sure Thanos took down Fallen One, who was said to be one of the most powerful herald of Galactus with ease, Sure Thanos easily beat Thing and Thor together, Sure Thanos killed Surfer with few blows, Sure Thanos killed Rot and made the universe scream, Sure thanos has never been KOed unless context is involved those being (Captain Marvel breaking the cosmic cube, Adam Warlock channeling the power of infinity gems as predicted by Lord Order and Master Chaos, or by a blast from a cosmic cube being) i am conviently going to ignore everything and pretend Thor is better.

Sound correct? At least does to me.

2.Why do you think i posted the whole issue as opposed to one page. It clearly says he was powerful enough to eat a universe. It clearly shows Death scared and running away from it. It clearly shows Avengers getting KOed by even coming close to his energy. And its a baby of marvel's prime abstracts who are leagues and bounds more powerful than celestials (prime abstracts not the babies themselves) and you are still ignoring it. Convenient, very convenient.

3. Again really do me a favor and go read the issue, its Thanos 01- 05,its a pretty good read, its pretty clearly suggested that Galactus was in fact feeding from the infinity gem which he had in his ship. We also know that everytime Galactus is hungry in a fight, marvel ALWAYS makes a mention of it.

1. okay then

2. are you talking about Grungir/ also, the two-eyed Odin doesn't seem as strong as Thor's dad

5. How strong was Thor at that point? Thor has been KO'ed by people like mantis when he wasn't paying attention

1. Appreciate the fact that you are taking my word for it despite me not being able to post the scan, honestly do.

2. Yes, and Thor and Odin , at least to the best of my knowledge has fought 3 times, all of which lasted about 4 pages with Thor utterly getting stomped, much different from Thanos vs Odin.

3. Firstly you tell me Thanos never fought Tyrant, now you are telling me you dont even know which issue i am talking about? Come on man, cut the crap. Its Cosmic Powers 05, and the scans are there in the blog i gave it to you, its on not 21. An whole issue of fight. If you missed the link google "Thanos chronology fights" and check the post no 21.

4. Broke Celestial mind, lol what???

5. Thor has always been the same level, Mantis just managed to sneak in a nerve strike which took him down, pretty sure Thanos wasnt aiming for a never when he blasted Thor in the face with cosmic energy.

Honestly man stop being so damn biased.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: You implied it. So both.

Let me rephrase:

1) Do you think Thor has used his full potential against Thanos?

2) Do you think Thanos has used his full potential against Thor?

3) If they both went full potential against each other, who do you think wins?

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty:

1. No

2. No

3. Depends what you mean. In character, Thanos. Which is what matters really. Out of character, Thor. Which is the stips in the thread.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By pooty

@fernando072295reborn: ok. since BFR is not allowed, Thor would have to KO or kill thanos. What attacks or combination of attacks does Thor have that makes you feel he can KO or Kill Thanos?

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: A light speed hammer toss. A CK hurting lightning bolt. A g-blast. Etc.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

she beat Champion without the power gem.

Which I find disturbing.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By pooty

@pooty said:

Which I find disturbing.

exactly. a lawyer who trained for a few weeks or months beat a being who has been fighting for billions of years? Cmon now!

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok i am sooooo lost at what you are talking about.

Thanos said: it was not me but rather a Thanosi

What half truth do you find on that statement.

Again, I ask you something very simple: Show me one instance of Thanos lying, because i know for a fact that he doesnt. And hence your excuse that Thanos was lying when he said it was Thanosi, twice as opposed to once cannot simple be correct

No Caption Provided

Thanos tells a half-truth in his deal with Champion, he leaves out details enough that a lot of what he says could pretty much be called a lie. maybe when he was talking about his Dopplegangers he was referring to totally different fights with Thor and Ka-Zar.

No Caption Provided

Have you even read Blood and Thunder? Be honest man.

You should know that he was in a sort of "pseudo" warrior madness in this instance, in fact bio outright call it warrior madness. His performance in Blood and Thunder is just much better than his performance anywhere else, like beating Silver Surfer, Adam Warlock, Drax one after the other.

So either you have no clue about the context, or you are getting desperate.

Furthermore, Thanos destroyed the planet as a result of am arm lock, which requires a LOT more strength

you wanted a scan of Thor busting a planet, sorry.

No Caption Provided

he comes pretty close to wrecking a dimension as a side-effect, they probably would have if Thor and ancient Thor were as relentless as Thanos and Drax

(I'll remind you that "Odin" didn't use his full power on Thanos for fear of wrecking Asgard)

Odin wasn't in there

this guy has two eyes
this guy has two eyes

So you are convinently going to ignore everything in the issue and says its not Odin because writer showed he had 2 eyes? Oh for the love of god.

So Thanos takes Thor to Asgard, the all father of Asgard enters the scene, Adam Warlock call his Odin, everyone else calls him Odin, Sift calls him Odin, Beta Ray Bill calls him Odin, but he is apparently not Odin because the artist mistook and put two eyes for him.

Really?

Come on man, and you pretend you are still not being biased

okay, so Odin'e issing eye is kind of one of his defining characteristics, the presence of both eyes would imply

A0 totally different guy

B) this is some soprt of alternate timelline where he never sacrificed his eye to Mimir, and therefor had a lot less power

or, more likely

C) the people who wrote this had no idea who Odin was, so they probably didn't know what kind of power Odin had, so this probably shouldn't be considered canon

even if your going to take that at face value as Odin, doi you Know who's more powerful than Odin?

The Fourth Host of the Celestials
The Fourth Host of the Celestials

Show me one scans that says so, as in lose a GREAT DEAL of power because she took mortal form.

She wasnt weak, she was vulnerable.

Thanos matching her attack to attack, when the issue clearly says "omnipotent" in the recap page (which i posted but you convinently ignored).

Thats a pretty uber feat, but i suppose you are too biased to see otherwise

yeah, Marvel throws around the word "omnipotent" all the time, like seriously, it doesn't mean much of anything in-universe

did she lose a great deal of power?

well, Thanos tried pretty hared to get a cosmic, cube, so I think he'd be weaker than a cosmic cube.

LOL what?

Fabric of marvel universe is fragile only when you talk about consequences of skyfathers.

So you are dismissing a feat because Dormammu was able to weaken the fabric of universe when the same guy has taken on (although lost badly) against eternity, taken over Mephisto hades, had Gaea captive, killed nether-realm guardians..

I mean come on if you are comparing Thor with Dormammu, then there is something seriously wrong there mate.

Dormammu, in all honestly, should be more powerful than Thanos.

The fabric of universe / multiverse is the same space time. And why is the fact that Odin vs an amped up Seth does anything to decrease the validity of the feat, when both of them, at that time, and leagues and bounds beyond Thor.

Against another $100 if you show me Reed Richard, on his own accord, without the ultimate nullifier breaking the universe, let alone every other day.

Also you are convinently ignoring that Rot was going to eat the universe, Lady Death was running scared of Rot and had to ask Thanos to help. Avengers were getting KO everytime they touched the energy of ROT.

Very conveninent how you ignore everything

Reed's portal to the negative zone?

the constant tears into other points in time or other dimensions?

we don't really know that Rot would actually eat the universe

1. I think the better answer there would be, I (betatesthighlander1) am extremely biased against Thanos so i will do my level best to try and ignore every of his feat. Sure marvel classifies as Thanos being on a whole different level as heroes , a scan i already saw but still ignoring, sure Thanos took down Fallen One, who was said to be one of the most powerful herald of Galactus with ease, Sure Thanos easily beat Thing and Thor together, Sure Thanos killed Surfer with few blows, Sure Thanos killed Rot and made the universe scream, Sure thanos has never been KOed unless context is involved those being (Captain Marvel breaking the cosmic cube, Adam Warlock channeling the power of infinity gems as predicted by Lord Order and Master Chaos, or by a blast from a cosmic cube being) i am conviently going to ignore everything and pretend Thor is better.

Sound correct? At least does to me.

2.Why do you think i posted the whole issue as opposed to one page. It clearly says he was powerful enough to eat a universe. It clearly shows Death scared and running away from it. It clearly shows Avengers getting KOed by even coming close to his energy. And its a baby of marvel's prime abstracts who are leagues and bounds more powerful than celestials (prime abstracts not the babies themselves) and you are still ignoring it. Convenient, very convenient.

3. Again really do me a favor and go read the issue, its Thanos 01- 05,its a pretty good read, its pretty clearly suggested that Galactus was in fact feeding from the infinity gem which he had in his ship. We also know that everytime Galactus is hungry in a fight, marvel ALWAYS makes a mention of it

1. I don't think I usually say my name in parentheses right after saying "I"

2. neither Death nor Thanos was able to hurt Rot at all with conventional means, just they could effect his essence with their own, and therefor had direct pull over the essence oif this specific entity. The whole thing about the universe crying out could be interpreted as Eternity expressing anguish over the loss of his brother/nephew/uncle/brother-in-law

3. I don't remember Marvel mentioning that Galactus was hungry when Thor whipped him

1. okay then

1. Appreciate the fact that you are taking my word for it despite me not being able to post the scan, honestly do.

2. Yes, and Thor and Odin , at least to the best of my knowledge has fought 3 times, all of which lasted about 4 pages with Thor utterly getting stomped, much different from Thanos vs Odin.

3. Firstly you tell me Thanos never fought Tyrant, now you are telling me you dont even know which issue i am talking about? Come on man, cut the crap. Its Cosmic Powers 05, and the scans are there in the blog i gave it to you, its on not 21. An whole issue of fight. If you missed the link google oh, taht fight. Thaand check the post no 21.

4. Broke Celestial mind, lol what???

5. Thor has always been the same level, Mantis just managed to sneak in a nerve strike which took him down, pretty sure Thanos wasnt aiming for a never when he blasted Thor in the face with cosmic energy.

Honestly man stop being so damn biased.

1. okay

2. I've been over my skepticism as to the legitimacy of the fight in Asgard

3. oh yeah, that fight, Thanos didn't really get in any good hits; and you admitted yourself that Thanos had no hope of winning

4. Thor 388-389,

No Caption Provided

after that he jumped into Exitar's mind, can't find scans right now, and pictures from my phone tend to take a while to load

5. wanna rephrase that part? I'm not entirely sure what you mean

anyways, evidence for Thor being (potentially) more powerful

Champion (a planet buster) manages to wreck Thanos's shield
Champion (a planet buster) manages to wreck Thanos's shield

Thor busts a planet (with no vivible damage to the mallet)
Thor busts a planet (with no vivible damage to the mallet)

Thordeleivers an attack powerful enough to shatter Mjolnir
Thordeleivers an attack powerful enough to shatter Mjolnir

@pooty:

1. No

2. No

3. Depends what you mean. In character, Thanos. Which is what matters really. Out of character, Thor. Which is the stips in the thread.

pretty much that

@pooty said:

@spiderbuck said:

@pooty said:

Which I find disturbing.

exactly. a lawyer who trained for a few weeks or months beat a being who has been fighting for billions of years? Cmon now!

yeah, that was pretty weird