Thor vs Superman and Wonder Woman.

#1 Posted by kalkent (3763 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Speed Equalized.
  • Morals off.
  • Pre-52/Classic Thor.
  • Who wins?
#2 Posted by TakenStew22 (5881 posts) - - Show Bio

Speed equalised won't stop the other character from grabbing Thor and both of them bullying him into submission.

#3 Posted by Evil-Incarnate (7368 posts) - - Show Bio

He gets his ass whooped

Avatar image for darthvaderrocks
#4 Posted by darthvaderrocks (2970 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor can win speed equalized.

#5 Posted by DC1008 (407 posts) - - Show Bio

Both solos

#6 Posted by MountAcnologia (440 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor gets wrecked really hard.

Avatar image for professorrespect
#7 Edited by ProfessorRespect (8842 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah man Classic Thor can just BFR the pair into a different dimension gg

#8 Posted by Iron_Tiger (1572 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's speed are they equalized to?

#9 Posted by ProfessorRespect (8842 posts) - - Show Bio

@iron_tiger: I mean, does it matter really, in the long run

I imagine it would be equalised to Thor but eh, that's me guessing

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
#11 Posted by ITouchedTheBoat (3762 posts) - - Show Bio

speed equalized does nothing

both people are still durable enough to take the hits and more skilled than Thor. Either could arguably solo

#12 Posted by Iron_Tiger (1572 posts) - - Show Bio

@professorrespect: Sure, it matters. If it's Thor's speed, Superman gets laid out first. Then it becomes Thor vs Diana.

#13 Posted by TakenStew22 (5881 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor can beat both handily with speed equalised but not together.

#14 Posted by ProfessorRespect (8842 posts) - - Show Bio

@iron_tiger: If it's Superman's speed, Thor's still gonna do the same thing, it ain't like the speed's gonna throw him off really bad or anything

#15 Posted by Iron_Tiger (1572 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by ProfessorRespect (8842 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by TakenStew22 (5881 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by ProfessorRespect (8842 posts) - - Show Bio

@takenstew22: Classic Thor had a small bit of the PIS power that Sliver Age Sups had

#19 Posted by TakenStew22 (5881 posts) - - Show Bio

@takenstew22: Classic Thor had a small bit of the PIS power that Sliver Age Sups had

Indeed. I think Marvel was trying to find a character to rival SA Supes' craziness lol.

#20 Posted by tensor (8704 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#21 Posted by RampageTheFirst (8042 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol at Thor beating them individually let alone beating them together. He gets fodderized.

#22 Posted by TakenStew22 (5881 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol at Thor beating them individually let alone beating them together. He gets fodderized.

How can Thor not beat them individually with speed equalized?

#23 Posted by darthvaderrocks (2970 posts) - - Show Bio

@rampagethefirst: Um Thor can beat both of them individually, especially weak ass Diana.

#24 Posted by RampageTheFirst (8042 posts) - - Show Bio

@takenstew22: Because speed isn't the only advantage Superman or Diana have over Thor?

@rampagethefirst: Um Thor can beat both of them individually, especially weak ass Diana.

Sure, he can beat Diana, but not Superman, since speed isn't the only advantage he holds over Thor.

#25 Edited by darthvaderrocks (2970 posts) - - Show Bio

@rampagethefirst: Speed is the only definitive advantage Superman has over Thor. Striking power easily goes to Thor and for durability it's about even. But Thor has lighting which trumps any of Superman's other abilities. Not to mention the plot device that is Mjolnir.

#26 Posted by RampageTheFirst (8042 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthvaderrocks: Lightning isn't a problem since Clark has no-sold lightning strikes from a Zeus-empowered Shazam and Thor's level of lightning strikes has been no-sold by the likes of Wolverine, not saying Thor's lightning is not enough to hurt Wolverine but I'm just saying it's not as impressive as you make it out to be. Also, how does lightning trump Superman's other abilities? you do realise, morals off Superman can easily lobotomise him right? and he has the strength to overpower Thor's only advantage; striking. Everything else is otherwise even and if it's not even, the advantage goes to Superman. Mjolnir is literally his only source of consistent striking, idk why you bring up Mjolnir as another advantage. It's his ONLY advantage.

#27 Edited by darthvaderrocks (2970 posts) - - Show Bio

@rampagethefirst: When did Wolverine no-sell Thor's lighting?

Um, Thor's lighting is every bit as impressive as I make it out to be. It's one shot Gorr (even a younger Gorr was extremely powerful and was stomping Thor), damaged Hercules who throws down with most incarnations of Hulk, had Death Seed Sentry scream in pain who is above Superman, has harmed Hulk with his lighting, etc. So yeah Thor speed equalized will be doing severe life altering damage to Superman with lighting strikes.

Morals off Superman cpuld lobotomize Thor (doubtful) if speed wasn't equalized but unfortunately it is.

How can Superman's strength overpowering Thor's striking? I don't understand what you're saying can you be more clear?

#28 Posted by Bayman007 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

Team

#29 Posted by AnnamalHouse (756 posts) - - Show Bio

WW wins by herself

Supes loses by himself

#30 Posted by kgb725 (19998 posts) - - Show Bio

@takenstew22: Because speed isn't the only advantage Superman or Diana have over Thor?

@darthvaderrocks said:

Sure, he can beat Diana, but not Superman, since speed isn't the only advantage he holds over Thor.

What other advantage makes a difference ? Thor has fought much stronger and more durable guys than superman and hurt them

#31 Posted by RampageTheFirst (8042 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthvaderrocks: I never said Thor's lightning, I said Thor's level of lightning which was displayed by Ragnarok.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

And before you say it wasn't Thor's level, here's him matching Thor's lightning for a while.

No Caption Provided

Um, Thor's lighting is every bit as impressive as I make it out to be. It's one shot Gorr (even a younger Gorr was extremely powerful and was stomping Thor),

Lol no. Thor's lightning never one-shotted Gorr. All it did was seperate the two and Gorr was already injured from Jarnborn so he left Thor alone and all Thor did was put himself in a coma for 7 days.

damaged Hercules who throws down with most incarnations of Hulk,

Bruh wdym? Hercules has never done well against Hulk, sure, he has landed a bunch of punches but all they ever did was only make Hulk angry and when Hulk retaliated, he either beat him to a pulp or outright oneshoted him. So damaging Herc is not impressive whatsoever.

had Death Seed Sentry scream in pain who is above Superman,

He literally caught Sentry off guard..? How is this a fair judgement? you know what is a fair judgement? him fighting DSS while DSS was expecting him and you know what happened in that fight? Sentry literally shrugged off every attack from Thor.

has harmed Hulk with his lighting, etc.

Surely you're not referring to those old 90's comics against Hulk right? because Thor at that time was extremely inconsistent. He has failed to take down the likes of Gladiator and Drax who are all well below Superman and idk why you're citing these feats from respect threads since Superman has shrugged off attacks from a Zeus-empowered Shazam.

So yeah Thor speed equalized will be doing severe life altering damage to Superman with lighting strikes.

Yeah, don't see it happening.

Morals off Superman cpuld lobotomize Thor (doubtful) if speed wasn't equalized but unfortunately it is.

Um what? that's like me saying Superman can still dodge Thor's lightning strikes since he's faster than lightning even with speed equalised. Speed being equalised doesn't change anything, Thor is a brawler. He can easily get lobotomised.

How can Superman's strength overpowering Thor's striking? I don't understand what you're saying can you be more clear?

I am saying that what he lacks in striking he makes up for in physical strength and other things such as fighting expertise, knowing how to deal with brawlers, lobotomy and a few other things.

#32 Posted by RampageTheFirst (8042 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

What other advantage makes a difference ? Thor has fought much stronger and more durable guys than superman and hurt them

He has also lost to guys less durable and stronger than Superman.

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
#33 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

Supermans weakness to magic will be a very big handicap here

This fight will turn into Thor vs Wonder Woman very quickly

I don't see Superman standing up to lightning that's hurt Mikaboshi

#34 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

And if we're gonna lowball Thors lightning might as well bring out the scans where Livewire hurt Superman with her electricity

Avatar image for detectivesomerset__
#35 Posted by DetectiveSomerset__ (1753 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman solos

#36 Posted by DC1008 (407 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for detectivesomerset__
#37 Posted by DetectiveSomerset__ (1753 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Edited by darthvaderrocks (2970 posts) - - Show Bio

@rampagethefirst: You never said Ragnarok's lighting in your post.

Yeah matching for a few seconds does nothing for me because that lighting doesn't have the feats Thor's does.

Gorr tanked being hit by Jarnborn and no Gorr was KO'd by Thor's lighting.

I'll concede to the Hercules point.

Except he didn't catch Sentry off guard at all. He threw Mjolnir at him and Sentry reacted to it by dodging it then Thor called down lighting. And even if Sentry was caught off guard what would be your point? Sentry's durability isn't centered around if he's surprised or not. Like no, Thor's lighting made DSS scream in pain.

90's comics? Lol no. Even Thor's lighting from mid 2000's was harming Hulk although I do need to find the scan. Besides Thor's harmed more durable characters than Hulk. I didn't find these feats from respect threads although I could do that now that you mention it.

Well not really because speed equalized Superman would be coming down to Thor's speed (I'm assuming at least). Not to mention that lobotomy feat is pretty much a one time thing not to mention it was on someone who isn't more durable than Thor and doesn't have the pain tolerance Thor does.

Physical strength only really matters in terms of grappling. He's not gonna out strength Thor because it's not even gonna come down to that. He's gonna try to use his haymakers on Thor not his overall strength.

#39 Posted by WordWarrior (1629 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#40 Posted by green_skaar (13045 posts) - - Show Bio

Assuming Thor liberally uses his lightning, he wins.

#41 Posted by eri123 (7241 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#42 Posted by ByondEon (2943 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthvaderrocks said:

Speed is the only thing he have over Thor.

#43 Posted by Wot_m8 (2363 posts) - - Show Bio

Both alone are a good fight, together they stomp hard.

Don't know if OP is wanking Thor or just made a spite thread.

#44 Posted by Batvibe12 (6095 posts) - - Show Bio

Team.

#45 Posted by RampageTheFirst (8042 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthvaderrocks:

You never said Ragnarok's lighting in your post.

I never said Thor's lightning either. Not sure what you're on about, I clearly said Thor's level of lightning, which implies that someone with Thor's level of lightning.

Yeah matching for a few seconds does nothing for me because that lighting doesn't have the feats Thor's does.

He still matched his lightning, even if it meant for a few seconds, for those mere seconds he had Thor's level of lightning and that is what I was trying to convey.

Gorr tanked being hit by Jarnborn

If by "tank", you mean he was severely wounded then sure. Gorr was even hurt by Jarnborn's handle lmao.

No Caption Provided

Not to mention, Thor was drawing blood from Gorr just by punching him. His durability clearly wasn't the best. Not to mention, he no-sells King Thor's lightning a couple of issues later.

and no Gorr was KO'd by Thor's lighting.

Can you prove it?

I'll concede to the Hercules point.

Cool.

Except he didn't catch Sentry off guard at all.

He did catch Sentry off guard with the lightning strike buddy.

He threw Mjolnir at him and Sentry reacted to it by dodging it then Thor called down lighting.

Sentry wasn't expecting Thor to still be able to fight, it clearly says in the panel before that lmao. Sentry was under the impression that Thor was subdued so he was clearly caught off guard by the hammer strike.

No Caption Provided

Sentry dodged the Mjolnir strike and got caught off guard by the lightning strike.

And even if Sentry was caught off guard what would be your point? Sentry's durability isn't centered around if he's surprised or not. Like no, Thor's lighting made DSS scream in pain.

He only made DSS scream in pain because he caught him off guard, if he knew Thor was going to attack him then he would've obviously defended against it the same way he no-sold his lightning strikes in issue 15.

90's comics? Lol no. Even Thor's lighting from mid 2000's was harming Hulk although I do need to find the scan.

I'd like to see those scans please.

Besides Thor's harmed more durable characters than Hulk.

Such as? Superman has also hurt more durable characters than Thor.

I didn't find these feats from respect threads although I could do that now that you mention it.

I can also find a plethora of 90's comics where he has failed to hurt mid-tiers like Gladiator while going all out.

Well not really because speed equalized Superman would be coming down to Thor's speed (I'm assuming at least).

No. Doesn't work like that.

Not to mention that lobotomy feat is pretty much a one time thing

Feats don't work like that, he's bloodlusted here so while he may not use that under normal circumstances, he will definitely use it while bloodlusted since he isn't worried about killing Thor.

not to mention it was on someone who isn't more durable than Thor and doesn't have the pain tolerance Thor does.

If you knew anything about his instant Lobotomy, you'd know it has nothing to do with durability. Pain tolerance isn't gonna cut it if someone is x-raying your brain tissues.

Physical strength only really matters in terms of grappling.

Lol?

He's not gonna out strength Thor because it's not even gonna come down to that.

It will come down to physical strength.

He's gonna try to use his haymakers on Thor not his overall strength.

Thor is a brawler, he barely uses lightning against opponents who use physical strength. Superman will wreck him in a physical contest. Most of Thor's fights starts with him going h2h. Surely, you'd know about this if you actually read comics featuring him.

Avatar image for randybutternubs
#46 Posted by RandyButterNubs (1152 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Edited by CaptainSweatpan (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor still spitestomps Superman if speed is equalised and his vulnerability to magic isn't removed

Diana is the only one who makes this a fight

#48 Posted by dami24434 (4664 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor drains superman with mjolnir, bfrs them to limbo, shrinks them, put them in infinity vortex, if he somehow loses he reverses time and do it again differently. Yes that's all classic thor, dude reversed time around the freaking stranger

#49 Posted by Toratorn (8531 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman already kicked his ass without using his speed. With WM assisting Clark Thor gets walker over.