Thor VS Ms. Martian & Supergirl

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ForeverEvil

Poll Thor VS Ms. Martian & Supergirl (90 votes)

Thor 32%
Ms Martian/Supergirl 66%

In character

No prep

Standard gear

Are these 2 females enough to contend with the almighty Thor?

• 
bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I agree that team wins with help of telepathy, but Kara alone would be crushed by Thor.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

multi quadrillion times light speed reaction time and movement speed with mjolnir

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life.

It's the equivalent of me getting into a jet and flying across the world and claim to have supersonic reaction time and movement speed.

NoBody134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nobody134 said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

You can see the rumble sound effect of Thor's thunder in the first page, right after the alien finishes his prayer. I don't see the timeframe here being any longer than one minute (EXTREME LOW END). Thor states it was "a universe away" and "across the cosmos".

multi quadrillion times light speed reaction time and movement speed with mjolnir (can be applied to striking speed as well) FTW (extreme low end)

why do i have this feeling that someone is going to come and pathetically try to lowball this feat?

awesome scans. although now everyone seems to be changing their debate style and saying "thats just character statement it means nothing, just like spiderman saying so and so stalemated so and so" and also they say " wonderwoman said zoom hits harder than superman but thats not true because superman has almost one shot her and zoom didnt do that much damage".

so those people will say your scans are invalid because its thor saying it and not the writer. although theyre pretty damn awesome.

statements are practical unless proven otherwise, it isn't like the "WW is the best melee fighter blablabla", if you can't debunk it-it goes.

I am a pretty logical person, being such a guy is one of my strong points, and logicaly speaking this feat is valid.

thor IS NOT slow, he is one of marvel's fastest, for the most part he holds back a lot.

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nobody134 said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

You can see the rumble sound effect of Thor's thunder in the first page, right after the alien finishes his prayer. I don't see the timeframe here being any longer than one minute (EXTREME LOW END). Thor states it was "a universe away" and "across the cosmos".

multi quadrillion times light speed reaction time and movement speed with mjolnir (can be applied to striking speed as well) FTW (extreme low end)

why do i have this feeling that someone is going to come and pathetically try to lowball this feat?

awesome scans. although now everyone seems to be changing their debate style and saying "thats just character statement it means nothing, just like spiderman saying so and so stalemated so and so" and also they say " wonderwoman said zoom hits harder than superman but thats not true because superman has almost one shot her and zoom didnt do that much damage".

so those people will say your scans are invalid because its thor saying it and not the writer. although theyre pretty damn awesome.

I would say it is invalid because there is no quantifiable distance involved, regardless of Thor's statement.

Still a cool feat to be sure.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foreverevil said:
@nobody134 said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I would say it is invalid because there is no quantifiable distance involved, regardless of Thor's statement.

good. im glad we can agree on something. i was afraid marvel hardcore fans would switch it on me yet again and say NOW that its valid because thor said so even when they say that zoom doesnt hit harder than superman just because wonder woman said so. Im glad things arent how i envisioned them. This gives me hope for the world lol. in other news !NBA! wooo lol

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@man_of_miracles said:
@foreverevil said:
@nobody134 said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

good. im glad we can agree on something. i was afraid marvel hardcore fans would switch it on me yet again and say NOW that its valid because thor said so even when they say that zoom doesnt hit harder than superman just because wonder woman said so. Im glad things arent how i envisioned them. This gives me hope for the world lol. in other news !NBA! wooo lol

Yeah I try not to flip flop as much as I can, I don't enjoy being a hypocrite. Feats need a quantifiable base in my opinion.

Lol enjoy man, I have some work to do unfortunately.

NoBody134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By NoBody134

@man_of_miracles said:

@foreverevil said:

@nobody134 said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

"regardless of Thor's statement."

nope, you can't do it.

you can't ignore it unless you can prove it to be invalid (most statements can be dubunked, not this one), it is simply illogical.

i am sick of this "statements are nothing" crap, just because most statements are wrong doesn't mean that you can ignore them.

@sheenlantern said:
@nobody134 said:

multi quadrillion times light speed reaction time and movement speed with mjolnir

It's the equivalent of me getting into a jet and flying across the world and claim to have supersonic reaction time and movement speed.

how so?

thor got through the entire universe, he could react to what happend around him. fact is, he could navigate through space while being at that kind of speed and stop himself before crashing into the planet, he was able to slow down, and unlike being in a jet, this isn't a relative speed kind of thing.

yeah, you analogy is weak, but yeah, yuo do have supersonic movement with the help of the jet.

also, this speed comes from his hammer, Mjolnir, and thus he will be able to move it through this distance (the hammer gives him speed, he got the reaction time) and react to foes that are coming his way, this can also be applied to his charging speed

HumanNumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio:

Exactly, the hammer produces some lightning and then further summons it from the clouds, He does not emit it from his person. The second panel only shows the wolf being hurt because Thor has taken it to the ground and is now on top of it. No indication of the lightning hitting it at all. Then Thor lifts and slams it to the ground with sufficient force to subdue it. Throughout the entire scan it doesn't show the lightning having any effect on the wolf at all, the only thing it does do is break apart one tree. Thor's ability to produce damaging lighting that is 'Omni-directional' is something I don't know but that scan doesn't prove what you're trying to use to prove.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By SheenLantern

@man_of_miracles said:

@foreverevil said:

@nobody134 said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

nope, you can't do it.

you can't ignore it unless you can prove it to be invalid (most statements can be dubunked, not this one), it is simply illogical.

What statement? He heard them, he went there. That's it.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@man_of_miracles: eh, i dont like it. i wish writers wouldnt mess things up by saying things like that, that are so inconsistent to the character. I wish we could just take what characters say and use it in battles. but anyway glad to know youre not one of "those" guys. you get a follow.

NoBody134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By NoBody134

@sheenlantern said:

@nobody134 said:

@man_of_miracles said:

@foreverevil said:

@nobody134 said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

nope, you can't do it.

read harder.

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@man_of_miracles: eh, i dont like it. i wish writers wouldnt mess things up by saying things like that, that are so inconsistent to the character. I wish we could just take what characters say and use it in battles. but anyway glad to know youre not one of "those" guys. you get a follow.

Yeah I understand what you mean, but I suppose everyone uses hyperbole even in the real world, and some ridiculous character statements can't be taken as true and as such we have to apply the rule to all character statements unfortunately.

Thanks man, I definitely appreciate the follow.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern said:

@nobody134 said:

@man_of_miracles said:

@foreverevil said:

@nobody134 said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

nope, you can't do it.

earlier in that comic book, or maybe later on, it was stated by thor.

can't remember the context of this statement though.

What was stated? I've read the comic and I have no idea what you're talking about..

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@man_of_miracles said:

@foreverevil said:

@nobody134 said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

nope, you can't do it.

i am sick of this "statements are nothing" crap, just because most statements are wrong doesn't mean that you can ignore them.

@sheenlantern said:
@nobody134 said:

how so?

thor got through the entire universe, he could react to what happend around him. fact is, he could navigate through space while being at that kind of speed and stop himself before crashing into the planet, he was able to slow down, and unlike being in a jet, this isn't a relative speed kind of thing.

yeah, you analogy is weak, but yeah, yuo do have supersonic movement with the help of the jet.

also, this speed comes from his hammer, Mjolnir, and thus he will be able to move it through this distance (the hammer gives him speed, he got the reaction time) and react to foes that are coming his way, this can also be applied to his charging speed

I am not even saying that Thor's statement is false necessarily (although it is said by him and therefore could be exaggerated)

What I am saying is there is no quantifiable distance to the feat, it doesn't say how he got there, it doesn't really say anything.

He could have traveled through a portal, or hyperspace, or any number of other things other than simply flying there. The point is we don't know how he got there, or even where he was when he started so unfortunately the scan doesn't tell us anything.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Experio

@humannumber:

If you search the Saurus or Oxford dictionary emit also means discharge. In the first and second pick it rolls through his body and reaches the wolf and its evident when the wolf is hopeless and shows no reaction when Thor lifts it in the third pick on-wards summoning it from cloud and slamming the wolf to the ground. Its a good example of Thor emitting lightning which was my point. This is Omni-directional lightning

No Caption Provided

NoBody134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By NoBody134

@sheenlantern said:

@nobody134 said:

@sheenlantern said:

@nobody134 said:

@man_of_miracles said:

@foreverevil said:

@nobody134 said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

nope, you can't do it.

earlier in that comic book, or maybe later on, it was stated by thor.

can't remember the context of this statement though.

What was stated? I've read the comic and I have no idea what you're talking about..

read harder dude, "I hear the prayer from a universe away. across the cosmos, i bring with me the storm."

he came over there from a universe away in a very short time-frame.

@man_of_miracles said:

@nobody134 said:

@man_of_miracles said:

@foreverevil said:

@nobody134 said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

nope, you can't do it.

@sheenlantern said:
@nobody134 said:

how so?

I am not even saying that Thor's statement is false necessarily (although it is said by him and therefore could be exaggerated)

What I am saying is there is no quantifiable distance to the feat, it doesn't say how he got there, it doesn't really say anything.

He could have traveled through a portal, or hyperspace, or any number of other things other than simply flying there. The point is we don't know how he got there, or even where he was when he started so unfortunately the scan doesn't tell us anything.

for the most part thor flies from place to place (shown multiple times through these seiries) and it isn't likley for him, although possible, to TP from place to place.

that aside, it isn't his only feat at this level, something which only makes this feat to seem more and more possible

Thor -#393- it’s established that the speed of Thor’s hammer TRANSCENDS both TIME & SPACE (something which only flash-SS characters can do. his best feat IMO)

Thor#274; thor can swing the hammer at TWICE the speed of light.

and a few more.

point is, it is far more likley for him to fly over there, you are kinda lowballing this feat.

Flash could TP from place to place at will, but he doesn't do so.

still, what you said is possible, but it simply don't agree with it.

Looks like we'll just to agree to disagree

cheers

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@man_of_miracles: Universe away is pretty long distance man. He came there in seconds. But yes, he probably teleported, but he's rarely using teleportation to travel through space, he's only using it to travel to other dimensions.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@experio:

1. Perhaps but can you honestly show consistent evidence that Thor can move at half the speed of light in his combat speed? There's not enough proof to support that claim.
  2. It seems you missed the point of my post. Swatting arrows, which btw the fastest one fired is about 600 feet per second I believe, is nothing compared to the hypersonic+ speeds Supergirl can move at. Swatting arrows and hitting Supergirl are two very different things as Supergirl is WAY faster than an arrow.
  3. This is what Supergirl survived inside a radiation chamber. And whilst Thor's durability may exceed Kara's, he won't be able to hit her with his weather attacks because she'll be too fast for him. The weaker Bryne version of Superman could still see lightning moving in slow motion and Kara keeps up with the much more powerful later Pre Flashpoint Superman. Tell me, do you still think Thor's going to get a bead on someone much faster faster than him that often in the fight? Thor's durability can only go so far.
No Caption Provided

4. Here's an instance of Kara speedblitzing the much faster Superman who can react in nanoseconds. Even though he does tag her and is her superior in every way, she's still keeping up with him easily when they fight. And Superman is usually considered to have the edge over Thor for similar reasons.

No Caption Provided

And really, how often does Thor emit lightning? He's never done this in all of the collected appearances I have for him so it seems to be a rare occurrence, one he doesn't pull out too often. And do you honestly think Kara will be fighting in a similar manner to that wolf? Guess again I'm afraid. I haven't been including MM in this post so far, I've been talking about Kara being able to solo Thor which there is plenty of convincing evidence and arguments for as displayed here.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

1. Its enough to support he has superior combat speed until proven other-wise

2. I'm speaking in plain English, I understand what your saying but your not understanding me. I realize: reacting to Supergirl > Reacting to arrows but the scenario's are completely different since Thor will see Supergirl coming. Its not a situation were the fight starts with Thor turning his his back. Reacting to arrows inches away while your back is turned > reacting to Supergirl

3. Its a good durability feat on her part but it doesnt take away the fact Mjolnir can get passed that destructive power with a few hits. And yes, Thor's weather abilities would be able to hit Kara unless you can prove her to be able to dodge many bolts of lightning each hotter than the surface of the sun and very accurate

No Caption Provided

4. The only problem with the scan is that it doesnt show how fast their fighting whether is under lightning speed or above its unknown. Superman is nano-second but he doesnt move that fast all the time

I'm not saying she fights like a wolf but her and wolf would have something in common which fighting at close range were the technique would be most useful. Thor rarely uses it along with the majority of his 30+ powers but it is effective and can come to mind. And if anything the arguments displayed are leaning towards Thors side and no where near Kara's due to the stats

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@man_of_miracles: Universe away is pretty long distance man. He came there in seconds. But yes, he probably teleported, but he's rarely using teleportation to travel through space, he's only using it to travel to other dimensions.

universe away is vague. thats like say me going "all the way" to louisiana from texas. i could have been right on the border of texas and louisiana and just chose to say that i came from a state away.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio:

1. Really? So you're just going to highball Thor's one offish speed feat compared to the time he's been chumped by Spider-Man, Moongoose, Quicksilver, Wolverine, all of whom are much slower than lightning and gained direct comments about his slow and sluggish combat speed? You're really sticking with that outdated assumption when it cannot be reasonably maintained
  2. Hehe, again thanks for the chuckle. Making Supergirl seem slower than arrows is a difficult view to actually maintain so Thor's ability to react to her will be laughable attempts at best. Reacting to Supergirl and reacting to arrows are two different things I say again.
  3. All that destructive power will go to waste because of the long charge up times for Thor's powerful attacks and Kara's speed and versatility. Nowhere in that scan does it say Thor's lightning is hotter than the surface of the sun though I'm sure you'll cite others.
  4. Kara doesn't have many speed blitz scans on Google images and I haven't been able to find the issues where she exactly speed blitzes foes.

Not really when you've failed to prove how Thor's destructive power will come into play or be efficient at tagging Kara when the points I've made show Kara will easily be able to hit Thor and wear him down over the course of the battle.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Avatar image for alessandro_souzamarques
alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

LOL She attacked him with a psionic blast. It isn't TP. Emma (with 1/5 of the Phoenix Force) who is a greater telepathy than Rachel wasn't able to do nothing to Thor's mind.

That Red Skull instance it was Honest Joe who made Thor fight his friends. Honest Joe power's makes you believe everything he says. He's a living propaganda. It isn't TP. It's just another kind of power. When he says something you believe on it. Simple like that.

No Caption Provided

" How? How could I allow that beast's words to have sway over me?"

See it?

@lvenger said:

@experio said:

He gets tagged because Thor murders in all the other category's so if they displayed his speed then there would be nothing worth reading. But that shouldn't mean he isn't fast, there are 3 types of speed, travel = Thor, traverse = Supergirl. Combat speed is arguable,Thor has been stated to be as fast as the lightning he commands

No Caption Provided

Wow because Adam Warlock is a totally credible judge of who can move fast. And it's not as if street levellers can't move like lightning

Unless you're Deathstroke that is

No Caption Provided

But Thor has microsecond reaction you say, that's something no street leveller can replicate

No Caption Provided

Unless you're Iron Fist that is. So I guess Thor isn't doing anything beyond street level speed and reactions then.

(COPY AND PASTE from my comment on another thread and edited for context)

Adam Warlock is a competent judge of the lightning speed, since he is familiar with it. It's obvious. So we should discredit Thor being as fast as lightning just because Deathstroke's being stated to move like lightning by a average human who doesn't even know how fast a lightning really is? I never knew Iron Fist was said to move like lightning. I do know Iron Fist was able to beat five people in 6 heartbeats. And the only feat of Iron Fist I remember that had microseconds reaction written on it was the one where someone (in some kind of a flashback) asked Danny about a method of training which gives you the ability to sense your around with Ki and seeminglygives you an extra microsecondto dodge things while he was dodging bullets from machine guns. It's like Spider Man he just senses it.

If someone can perceive lightning and knows how fast it is, how this shouldn't count?

I have already showed you Thor blitzing both Loki and Fenrir at the same time on another thread. Loki a guy who is said to be faster than a thought. Hitting them both so fast that his hands were smoldering after that.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@experio said:

And the scans you placed (as impressive as they are) didn't prove she can tank Thor's planet busting hits, she was moving at immense speed and picked up a large amount of momentum. Supergirl can possibly take one or two hits but anything more can take her down.

Who says Thor's busting out these level of hits? This is an in character fight, Thor doesn't use this level of attack on two unknown foes. Way to undermine your case by leaving out what Thor does in character, that just makes your argument all the worse for it. In any case, Kara tanked her new home planet exploding so I think you're the one who's lowballing now by saying she can only tank a few of Thor's best hits.

While in character Thor has killed the Void with one strike. Thor also almost killed Hulk with one strike when he was pissed off. A pissed off Thor is still in character. If Thor can bust multiple planets as a side effect of his blows. I believe while in character Thor can still generate enough force to kill both of then without much of a problem. The same can't be said for the team. In fact because he doesn't know both Ms. Martian and Supergirl it's more likely he will kill them if they tried to kill him. Since Thor tends to holds back more when he knows his foes.

@experio said:

So lets do a recap:

Strength: Thor - That I concede but his strength will be useless if Kara can dodge most of his hits which she will be able to since once she uses her speed which will leave Thor massively behind.

Durability: Thor - Can be overcome by Kara's speed blitz and Thor's mental defenses won't last particularly long against a Martian telepath

Power: Thor - True but that power is not applicable in combat. The long charge up times for Thor's bigger attacks make them useless against the faster and more versatilie Supergirl.

Stamina Thor - Not gonna last long against a speedblitz

h2h: Thor - I could seriously make a case for Supergirl being a better H2H combatant because she has actual skill feats but I'll let you have this one. Fighting skills don't come into play much in a powerhouse battle

Combat Speed is the only argument left which is nothing compared to these stats especially Thor's power (Omni-directional Lightning) which can easily cancel speed. So I repeat (with confidence) Supergirl doesnt stand a chance. And dont bring Miss Martian into this, I already stated that the team have a better chance of winning, I'm addressing your 'Kara solos' statement

Omni directional lightning is useless against someone faster than lightning. So I repeat with equal confidence in my argument, Thor can't take a majority against Supergirl. It'll take her longer than her cousin to beat him but she can take a fair majority over Thor. Once again speed and versatility from DC>raw power from Thor with slow reactions and speed to boot.

She can't dodge it. Because it's coming from all directions. Supergirl wouldn't run away neither. This is in character remember? Supergirl is just too much over confident. She'll just probably try to tank it. And that would most likely kill her. Kara wouldn't even know Thor is capable of omniblast attacks anyway. It'll take her by surprise. Thor doesn't need to charge up his bigger powers.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

See how Thor just strike with this massive lightning right away? Without even charging up.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Lvenger

I forgot how flameworthy Thor threads always become if you make even a hint that Thor isn't what he's cracked up to be. Think I'm too tired for this after spending an entire day arguing over two essays and now over Thor's non existent combat speed feats.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lvenger said:

I forgot how flameworthy Thor threads always become if you make even a hint that Thor isn't what he's cracked up to be. Think I'm too tired for this after spending an entire day arguing over two essays and now over Thor's non existent combat speed feats.

lol I love this post

regardless either lady can give him a good run for his money, the two of them make thor look foolish

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

1. You think it was one offish?

No Caption Provided

And Quicksilver is faster than lightning, are you intentionally making these mistakes? Thor has way more showing of his speed then those PIS instances your stating whether most of them are slowing then lightning or not. Thor is a War God and Asgards greatest, it is common his combat is faster than lightning while his reaction is even greater.

2. And again I say: Your Supergirls speed-blitz counter = Thor simply sees her coming, Thor was not facing the same direction from which the arrows were coming from.

3. Thor wouldn't have to charge up his attack, straight up blunt force would still cause great damage and leave her vulnerable for more powerful attacks. Kara's traverse speed would prove to be annoying but there's a counter for that

No Caption Provided

Mjolnir's speed > Kara's speed, and what makes you think the scan I posted must state how hot lightning is? That was to show how accurate the lightning he summons is. Ordinary lightning = 1 Terrawatt and hotter than the surface of the sun. Its arguable Thor's is more powerful but I'll leave it like that

4. Speed-blitz wouldn't work anyway whats more important is combat speed to verify whether h2h will work. But since you haven't provided evidence of Kara's being superior, it's stays effective.

You haven't shown anything declaring she can hit more than Thor hits her, its actually been the opposite. The only argument your making and left for you is combat speed and your even losing in that category. All other stats remain on Thor's side - aka winning

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OOOOOOOOOOOOK Thor loses this, but beats them 1v1.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Experio
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#180 god_spawn  Moderator

Ugh my head after reading through this thread.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh my head after reading through this thread.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#182  Edited By SOG7dc

@humannumber said:

@green_skaar:

Both Thor and Hulk would fair better in these Battles if they actually happened in comics, where superspeed is more often used for travel and flying than anything else(except speedsters whose main is there speed). In the Battle Forums we have to assume that combatants are using their abilities efficiently, otherwise battles would be more of a toss up with how much silly PIS/CIS goes in comics.

Thor and Hulk fair just fine in comics, against opponents that would destroy MM/SG. In case you haven't noticed Marvel is not obsessed with combat speed (especially in space) like Comic Vine is. What's happening is CV zero's in on something the comics don't care about, and because of that the Marvel folks lose. We have to look at how they fair in their respective universes, and Thor is one of the very top dogs taking on cosmic/galactic foes.

-when? Scans?

- i could just as easiy say DC is not obsessed with destroying planets like Marvel is.

- could not agree more! DC has an Emphasis on Speed while Marvel has one on destroying planets. they show power in two different ways

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

women seem to get little respect here. if this thread were "Superman & MMH vs Thor" there would be spite claims allover the place.

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: Yep, lets all forget Rachel attacking Thor and stunning him with a psi-attack, or Emma entering his mind, or Prof X putting him to sleep in AvxX-men.

In all seriousness, this thread is spite. CIN.

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@betatesthighlander1: Yep, lets all forget Rachel attacking Thor and stunning him with a psi-attack, or Emma entering his mind, or Prof X putting him to sleep in AvxX-men.

When did these to things happen?

Because as I remember, as shown on a scan in this thread. P5 Emma couldn't TP him.

Rachel was unable to TP him. She hit him with a psionic energy projection of a hammer.

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

women seem to get little respect here. if this thread were "Superman & MMH vs Thor" there would be spite claims allover the place.

To be fair, neither of these ladies has the feats to put them on the level of their male counterparts, so blame DC.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By dum529001

Oh my.

Lowballers lowball and then compalin that facts are just a bunch of one-off feats shown as an attempt at high-balling?

People show very vague scans and claim it as aboslute proof?

Taking scans out of the context of the specific story they appeared in as well as wha'ts been shown in other books and using that as proof?

Wow.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my.

Lowballers lowball and then compalin that facts are just a bunch of one-off feats shown as an attempt at high-balling?

People show very vague scans and claim it as aboslute proof?

Taking scans out of the context of the specific story they appeared in as well as wha'ts been shown in other books and using that as proof?

Wow.

says the guy who claims hulk is FTL

alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio:

Exactly, the hammer produces some lightning and then further summons it from the clouds, He does not emit it from his person. The second panel only shows the wolf being hurt because Thor has taken it to the ground and is now on top of it. No indication of the lightning hitting it at all. Then Thor lifts and slams it to the ground with sufficient force to subdue it. Throughout the entire scan it doesn't show the lightning having any effect on the wolf at all, the only thing it does do is break apart one tree. Thor's ability to produce damaging lighting that is 'Omni-directional' is something I don't know but that scan doesn't prove what you're trying to use to prove.

No Caption Provided

Disintegrates some demons.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Team

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By ForeverEvil

@humannumber said:

@experio:

No Caption Provided

theres no lightning in that scan

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

haven't seen this one so.....

No Caption Provided

alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommyjones1945 said:

Do you mean when Charles Xavier TP powers were at it's strongest? When he was able to even put Cyclops with half of the Phoenix Force on his knees just by commanding it?

No Caption Provided

Cyclops had to take Emma's other half of the Phoenix Force just to keep control of the situation.

LOL. Yeah, Ms. Martian is totally able to put Thor down with her TP now because of that.

alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foreverevil said:

@alessandro_souzamarques said:

@humannumber said:

@experio:

No Caption Provided

Of course it's lightning. What else it would be? Thor is God of Thunder and Lightning after all. It's just omni directional.

Also his body is glowing blue similar to when he did this:

No Caption Provided
ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By ForeverEvil

@foreverevil said:

@alessandro_souzamarques said:

@humannumber said:

@experio:

No Caption Provided

Of course it's lightning. What else it would be? Thor is God of Thunder and Lightning after all. It's just omni directional.

Also his body is glowing blue similar to when he did this:

No Caption Provided

that looks like straight light not zig zagging lightning.

Thurdazz1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I so sick of these arguments Thor isn't slow ,a lot of out of context pics & posts & then dismissing anything that disputes it, is just silly, You can argue Superman is slow I've seen plenty of street leveler's hit him. But its still not true .But as always speed is not the point Superman & Super Girl have similier fighting styles they plant their feet or float & trade punches completely relying on their invulnerability. Where was all this speed against Doomsday, Mongal, Darksied . Now I believe a fight between Superman & Thor could go Either way on any given day, Neither one effortlessly beating the other(in a standard Hero fight, not trying to kill) Supergirl is powerful but not nearly as experienced as Superman & never ran into anything with Thor battle experience & wide range of powers 1on 1 she does well but would loss( That's if Thor doesn't try to charm her first, He does like the ladies) W/ Miss Martian another Physical power house w/ Psionic abilities This could lead to a Thor loss But once again Thor has Been in so many battles against multiple Power Houses even groups of Gods. Now Thor does restrain himself especially against female opponents, So his over confidence could get him hurt but once he get hurt its all business & He's been in the business of combat for thousands of Years. They're all Planet Smashers , Experience wins This fight Thor

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By SheenLantern

@thurdazz1313:

Thor isn't slow

Yes he is.

You can argue Superman is slow I've seen plenty of street leveler's hit him.

Oh well. Show me a scan of a street leveler or someone with no powers at all remark on how slow Superman is, I dare you. Or, in fact, show me Thor doing this:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Oh wait, he can't.

Superman & Super Girl have similier fighting styles they plant their feet or float & trade punches completely relying on their invulnerability.

Your ignorance is astonishing.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Where was all this speed against Doomsday, Mongal, Darksied

I don't know what you're talking about with Doomsday, he's faster than Superman ergo faster than Thor.

Mongul, also don't know what you're talking about. Superman's speed has always been a pain in Mongul's ass.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And Darkseid, well. Supes has straight up tried to blitz DS only to get swatted away.

No Caption Provided

Never, in his 40+ year history has Darkseid had trouble with matching DC's fastest in H2H combat.

He's been in the business of combat for thousands of Years.

And yet, he's never shown any skill whatsoever.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thurdazz1313: Weird, my post got really screwed up there. I've fixed it now.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

snaaap

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@sheenlantern: Doomsday scans are just statements, the instance didn't show any uber high speed whatsoever... It's the same case with Thor and statements. Why ignoring Thor statements when Doomsday relies on the same?