• 97 results
Avatar image for supermanwins465
#51 Posted by SupermanWins465 (409 posts) - - Show Bio
@Clark_EL: Yeah there's panel'd feats of him flying without hammer. 

Thor is a god. Even without hammer he's still a god.. unless odin says otherwise.
#52 Posted by Killemall (18972 posts) - - Show Bio

@Clark_EL said:

@god_spawn: But Speed is like surfers main thing I disagree.

Surfer , even when blood lusted was consistently tagged by Spiderman, thing also has had no problem hitting a blitzing surfer with a rock no less, would you happen to have just 1 fight, that has lasted more than 5 pages and someone as been completely unable to hit surfer? I have read every Surfer appearences till November 2011 and i certainly cant recall that . Surfer is fast, pretty damn fast, but not using his superior speed in combat is perfectly in character with Surfer.

#53 Posted by Killemall (18972 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupermanWins465 said:

@Clark_EL: Yeah there's panel'd feats of him flying without hammer. Thor is a god. Even without hammer he's still a god.. unless odin says otherwise.

There is also a whole issue where he couldnt fly without his hammer, and had to push a building aside to make space to rotate his hammer so he can fly.

Not sure if this applies to current Thor from Marvel Now his powers seemed to have changed, including telepathy which he has never shown before.

Avatar image for hulkslayert1000
#54 Posted by HulkSlayerT1000 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is just h2h probably thor, but it'd be a good fight.

#55 Posted by Ddecourt (919 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor without question.

#56 Posted by God_Spawn (43000 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Clark_EL said:

@god_spawn: But Speed is like surfers main thing I disagree.

Surfer , even when blood lusted was consistently tagged by Spiderman, thing also has had no problem hitting a blitzing surfer with a rock no less, would you happen to have just 1 fight, that has lasted more than 5 pages and someone as been completely unable to hit surfer? I have read every Surfer appearences till November 2011 and i certainly cant recall that . Surfer is fast, pretty damn fast, but not using his superior speed in combat is perfectly in character with Surfer.

Don't forget the gumball machine and Rhino :P.

#57 Posted by Clark_EL (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Surfer is all about speed and powerful cosmic attacks.

How can you prove that martian manhunter will use his speed in combat.

Surfer didn't apparently, but considering this is a fist fight speed isn't going to be that huge considering Thor can probably hit him.

#58 Posted by jashro44 (52113 posts) - - Show Bio

According to the op this is physical strength and durability. I believe the intention was who would win a slugfest so I am assuming speed is equalized?

#59 Edited by deaditegonzo (4168 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter, id say his strength and durability is greater, and everyone knows he wins in speed.

I will say this is a lot closer than a full powered all out battle, Thor would be in for a stomp (like he should get stomped against Silver Surfer).

#60 Posted by Clark_EL (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: yes

#61 Posted by God_Spawn (43000 posts) - - Show Bio

@Clark_EL: Because proof has already been displayed of him using his speed whereas there are not many showings of Surfer using his in a functional manner instead of just pinballing himself around and Thor has multiple showings against his speed as well.

Manhunter has more consistency, what is so hard to understand?

#62 Posted by Clark_EL (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: I give.

I'm really focusing on strength durability and fighting skills though.

#63 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor would win with these conditions.

#64 Posted by Esquire (4012 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

You realize Thor doesn't have Mjolnir here? What strength or striking power feats does he have to put him on Martian Manhunter's level of physical power, discounting Mjolnir?

#65 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire said:

@jeanroygrant said:

You realize Thor doesn't have Mjolnir here? What strength or striking power feats does he have to put him on Martian Manhunter's level of physical power, discounting Mjolnir?

Oh, i did not see Thor did not get Mjolinr. Also you guys need to cut the bull, seriously. How is Thor not physically stronger than Martian Manhunter, or Wonder Woman? Please tell me this.

1. After Thor has moved the World Engine that contects the 9 realms. ( Including earth )
  2. Lifted Asgard with Beta Ray Bill

Your not goin to find much lifting feats from Thor, because he carries Mjolnir 24/7

Thor without Mjolnir is still able to control all weather, same strength, durabilty, reflexes. ex.

He could just do the same thing he did to Durok.

The same guy who trashed Classic Thor, and Silver Surfer. ( Seperate battles )

I'm just going to just make a Current Thor respect thread actually.

#66 Posted by Esquire (4012 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

Oh, i did not see Thor did not get Mjolinr. Also you guys need to cut the bull, seriously. How is Thor not physically stronger than Martian Manhunter, or Wonder Woman? Please tell me this.
  1. After Thor has moved the World Engine that contects the 9 realms. ( Including earth )
  1. Lifted Asgard with Beta Ray Bill
Your not goin to find much lifting feats from Thor, because he carries Mjolnir 24/7

That's exactly my point. He has few feats without the hammer, so I'm skeptical of claims that he dominates a Superman-level character in strength, even without it. I don't appreciate your derogatory tone towards me, either, seeing as I've been nothing but respectful to you. You're the one who claimed Thor would win without reading the thread, and yet you're telling me to "cut the bull?" And then you admit that Thor has few feats to prove that he could beat the Martian?

Asgard is roughly the size of a continent, iirc, and Manhunter has helped to move the Earth, which would indicate that he can move an object at least the size of Asgard, even with BRB's help. The World Engine feat is ridiculously out of Thor's usual levels, so I'm inclined to discard it. And Martian Manhunter is massively stronger than Wonder Woman, so even if Thor is on her level of strength it won't help him against the Martian. J'onn is able to outwrestle Orion, Wonder Woman, and Big Barda at the same time. Oh, and Aquaman is trying to fight him, too. This, keep in mind, was right after he'd tanked shots from Superman, Big Barda, Wonder Woman, and Orion in quick succession. So it's all well and good that you think Thor is on Wonder Woman's level. That has no relevance here, since J'onn is far stronger than she.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6
Thor without Mjolnir is still able to control all weather, same strength, durabilty, reflexes. ex. He could just do the same thing he did to Durok.

Except he can't, because this is a contest of strength and durability, as the OP has said several times in this thread. Including the post directly above your first one, if you'd bothered to read it. J'onn isn't allowed to use telepathy or shapeshifting, and the OP has said that it's a strength and durability contest. In the OP, it even says "only physical strength." So you bring in a lightning feat. But I'm the one who needs to "cut the bull." Right.

#67 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: I'm sorry it's just that I was frustated over all the claims of people saying Thor is not up there in there strength league. I shouldn't have insulted you. So, again i'm sorry.

As for the battle, durabilty wise. Thor is pretty durable to the point, he was tanking hits from a voided out Sentry, who ripped Ares apart with ease, destroyed Asgard by flying through it, and stomped many earth heroes. Thor is also known for taking a lot of physical punishment when he is shown fighting people like the Hulk.

#68 Posted by Esquire (4012 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that Thor had the Odin Force when he was fighting Sentry. Is that not accurate?

#69 Edited by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquiresaid:

@jeanroygrant: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that Thor had the Odin Force when he was fighting Sentry. Is that not accurate?

Nope, he lost most of it in the repairing of Mjolnir, when Dr.Strange melded the most of the Odin Force into Molnir into fix it. But, it is kind of confusing how they said if Mjolnir is destroyed again Thor dies too since his life encence is in it too, but since Odin was revived, and came back. Didn't the Odin Force from Mjolnir, and Thor go back to him, in which case Mjolnir would be destroyed, and Thor would die. Cause if Odin didn't get back the Odin Force, he wouldn't be as powerful.

#70 Posted by Esquire (4012 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: Weird, I've always though that he still had the OF during Dark Reign. That makes it a much better feat, then. Another thing Martian Manhunter has, though, is a powerful healing factor. The guy regenerated from an arm before. That should keep him in the game for a long time, especially since he has the durability to go toe-to-toe with Superman level characters, anyway.

#71 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquiresaid:

@jeanroygrant: Weird, I've always though that he still had the OF during Dark Reign. That makes it a much better feat, then. Another thing Martian Manhunter has, though, is a powerful healing factor. The guy regenerated from an arm before. That should keep him in the game for a long time, especially since he has the durability to go toe-to-toe with Superman level characters, anyway.

Haha, reminds me of when Picolo from Dragon Ball Z. ( Growing back arm ). Thor is pretty durable to the point where Wolverines claws can only cut through the outer part of his skin, and can barely go beyond that. He has also tanked a combined blasts from the UFO's, and Norman Usbourns Dark Avengers before. Keep in mind, Vector from the UFO's was able to blast Hulk so bad, that all of Hulk's skin came off. But, that coupled with there attacks only droped, and wounded Thor.

#72 Edited by Esquire (4012 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: Manhunter also has shapeshifting, which allows him to stretch with hits like Mister Fantastic. I'm not sure if that's allowed here, but it helps with his durability. He's also tanked anti-matter blasts, from I think Wildfire? I'll have to look it up to make sure.

EDIT: Yeah, it was Wildfire.

#73 Posted by Clark_EL (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: No other powers besides physical strength.

#74 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire said:

@jeanroygrant: Manhunter also has shapeshifting, which allows him to stretch with hits like Mister Fantastic. I'm not sure if that's allowed here, but it helps with his durability. He's also tanked anti-matter blasts, from I think Wildfire? I'll have to look it up to make sure.

EDIT: Yeah, it was Wildfire.

No stretching abiliites

#75 Edited by Charlie_Jade (549 posts) - - Show Bio

@Clark_EL said:

Surfer didn't apparently, but considering this is a fist fight speed isn't going to be that huge considering Thor can probably hit him.

Manhunter does have speed but superspeed I don't think he's That Fast....he does have some feats but its still nothing compared to the feats of Flash or Surfer

Hey guys what do you think of the last showing between Thor and Surfer??

it was a fast fight in space!?

I'm not saying Thor is a speed blitzer. Personally I think Thor has super speed in a straight line and his reflexes might be bullet time or his reactions might only be bullet time

but Thor does have a few feats that might be considered FTL or microsecond reaction...Thor has high showings too, are we supposed to Ignore all these !?

I don't believe Thor is that fast, but he did show speed in his last space fight....just throwing that out there is all

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#76 Posted by Clark_EL (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charlie_Jade: Thank you for the scans... Thor might not be the fastest but he isn't that slow.

#77 Posted by Iragexcudder (9464 posts) - - Show Bio

Manhunter has the same strength as superman WHICH PASSES THORS STRENGTH. Manhunter is just as durable and just as good as a fighter.

Manhunter for the win

#78 Posted by Charlie_Jade (549 posts) - - Show Bio

@Iragexcudder said:

Manhunter is just as durable and just as good as a fighter.

He's not as durable, Manhunter has been damaged and his body ripped to bits in the past....he is not as durable as Superman and Manhunter will usually will shapeshift or do ghost phasing to avoid attacks

Also Thor is probably better trained and better skilled in h2h

I'm not saying Thor wins, Telepathy should give Manhunter a solid win

but Thor's speed may be downplayed a little here, and Thor has ridiculous durability, he got his face slammed into planet Mars by Surfer last time they fought and he only looked annoyed from the planets impact, he has damage soak feats like soaking hits from Celestials, Surtur, Thanos, Galactus....not that Thor can ever beat anyone at the skyfather level....but his body is a tank and it soaks incredible damage before he does down

Manhunter wins this but Thor if wrote correctly isn't going to fall easy

#79 Posted by ghost_rider1 (4235 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#80 Posted by Clark_EL (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charlie_Jade: Only hand to hand

#81 Posted by Clark_EL (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

So far we have even votes I'm tilting towards Thor myself.

#82 Posted by sommyt (349 posts) - - Show Bio

@Iragexcudder said:

Manhunter has the same strength as superman WHICH PASSES THORS STRENGTH. Manhunter is just as durable and just as good as a fighter.

Manhunter for the win

Nope

#83 Posted by comic_book_fan (11227 posts) - - Show Bio

thor is just as strong and just as fast and a better fighter thor puts a hurting on the martian.

#84 Posted by 18hunt (3337 posts) - - Show Bio

MMH would win, his physical stats are near superman's, he just forgets how strong or fast he is.

#85 Posted by themadsurfer (557 posts) - - Show Bio

This fights are always going to be like: Thor doesn't have the necessary reaction time to keep up...

Gladiator, Hyperion used their speed to fight thor. and SS (in his fight against BRB) also tried to use his speed but was stopped. Now show me a scan of thor bloodlusted being blitzed by guys like spiderman.

#86 Posted by dami24434 (4319 posts) - - Show Bio

supergirl once overpowered Martian man hunter with one hand, he isn't as strong as thor, although he can amp himself to that level but only for a short period of time while thor can go warrior madness too. and thor is way more durable, Martian man hunter have been turned to mush by attacks thor would laugh off.

#87 Posted by TonyStark6999 (2269 posts) - - Show Bio

supergirl once overpowered Martian man hunter with one hand, he isn't as strong as thor, although he can amp himself to that level but only for a short period of time while thor can go warrior madness too. and thor is way more durable, Martian man hunter have been turned to mush by attacks thor would laugh off.

#88 Posted by TonyStark6999 (2269 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor due to his strength and durability.

Avatar image for dimlylitlantern
#89 Posted by DimlyLitLantern (709 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor would likely win this one

Avatar image for davidharewood14
#90 Posted by DavidHarewood14 (782 posts) - - Show Bio

... J'onn not even close.

#91 Posted by Supermanthor (16590 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for captainsweatpan
#92 Edited by CaptainSweatpan (307 posts) - - Show Bio

It's nice that most of the people who thought Martian Manhunter is equal to Superman in all physicals have gone away

#93 Posted by Chad_Duby (5681 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Thor beat Odin so he could win.

#94 Posted by TonyStark6999 (2269 posts) - - Show Bio

Worthy Thor has counters to almost every hax of MMH. Now add, Superior strength and durability.

#95 Posted by Eobard21 (4731 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

Avatar image for martialartmastr
#96 Posted by MartialArtMastr (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Under these conditions? Thor, the h2h skill just far outweighs all else.

Full Powers with hammer? Thor by miles.

The claims of "superman" level character are silly, as if superman was a god. lol Stop yourselves.

#97 Posted by theottoman709 (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter Just one shots with his mind hax, which Thor has no defense to