Thor vs. Lobo mano a mano

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By TifaLockhart

No Mjolnir. None of that "lightning is an extension of my arms" excuse. No Spazfrag666 or weapons for Lobo. That includes his hidden ones. No secret of the exploding numbers either.

The battle takes place in the Hades Paradox Tournament. Pre-Flashpoint. PIS is not a valid excuse, nor is "jobbing." Since Lobo is immortal, if Thor can KO him, Thor may count that as a victory.

Who would win based on how the characters actually are depicted in the comics and more importantly can you back up your argument?

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jayfournines

I would definitely give it to Lobo (pre new52...right?), he's a more capable warrior (even if people believe he's dumb....he's not) and better at improvising than Thor who usually just wails at people like a cracked out shemale on Jerry Springer.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thor.

IIRC Thor can fly, use lightning, and summon some kind of Godblast W/O his hammer.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By SoA

@The_Lunact_And_Manic: scans?

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: LOBO crushes thor without his plot device

The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SoA: Here:

I still need to find him using lightning without the hammer.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jayfournines

@The_Lunact_And_Manic said:

Thor.

IIRC Thor can fly, use lightning, and summon some kind of Godblast W/O his hammer.

I don't think Thor can fly without his hammer and summon all that

...could he ?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TifaLockhart

Thor can use lightning sans Mjolnir. Of course, it totally violates the OP and the name of the thread.

He's projected the Godblast from his chest before too.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By ReVamp

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

Thor can use lightning sans Mjolnir. Of course, it totally violates the OP and the name of the thread.

I think you should just make it more explicit in OP and write "Thor can't use any Weather Manipulation, Energy Manipulation, Flight or any powers other than his physical ones for the purpose of this fight".

Clearly the point isn't to prove whether he can or can't do ______ without the Mijlonir, its to see if he can go H2H against Lobo and win.

Wouldn't know.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TifaLockhart

@ReVamp said:

I think you should just make it more explicit in OP and write "Thor can't use any Weather Manipulation, Energy Manipulation, Flight or any powers other than his physical ones for the purpose of this fight".

Clearly the point isn't to prove whether he can or can't do ______ without the Mijlonir, its to see if he can go H2H against Lobo and win.

Wouldn't know.

I'm a DC, so I don't need everything spelled out like that. I realize some people do, but to not recognize that this is hand to hand and to completely miss the second sentence of the OP makes it their fault, IMO.

Also, since it only violates the spirit of the setup and not the letter, I guess I have to allow the Godblast.

Flight is fine. What advantage would that give him?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By ReVamp

@ReVamp said:

Wouldn't know.

I'm a DC, so I don't need everything spelled out like that. I realize some people do, but to not recognize that this is hand to hand and to completely miss the second sentence of the OP makes it their fault, IMO.

Also, since it only violates the spirit of the setup and not the letter, I guess I have to allow the Godblast.

Flight is fine. What advantage would that give him?

• The manner you wrote it makes it seem like you're dismissing the feats in which he may or may not be able to manipulate it, instead of you simply saying its not usable in the fight.
  • You can do whatever you want, its your fight, I was just giving you generic advice.
  • Same as above.
bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bigcimmerian

Lobo is on Superman's level so there is nothing Thor couldn't handle, main problem is healing factor.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Malevolent1

Actually, this is a really even match (provided we are talking the Lobo who has gone toe to toe with Superman). As mentioned, Thor has a few more powers at his disposal, even without Mjolnir. But enough to put down Lobo who is essentially immortal? Who knows. Based on the OP's original parameters, I call this a draw.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Without Mjolnir, Lobo would win.

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By IZZR

Current Lobo would lose, Deathstroke handled a beating from him, I hate new52 theyve destroyed way too many characters.

ckal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ckal

Thor is in no way helpless without Mjolnir. He is capable of many of the things he can do while holding Mjolnir as he can without Mjolnir. Things like energy projection he rarely uses anyways, so I can't say he is at that much of a disadvantage. Thor gets ruined by writers who make him seem worthless and helpless without Mjolnir, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Killemall

@Jayfournines said:

Thor.

I don't think Thor can fly without his hammer and summon all that

...could he ?

Nope he cannot, here's an instance from The Mighty Thor 192 where because of the crowd he couldnt swing his hammer to fly away, so he pushed the building, makes rooms, swings his hammer and fly away.

Not to mention he has never actually flown without his hammer.

The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall: What about the scan I posted?

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Lobo would win this. He is already on par with Thor (without MJOLNIR) and with his healing factor, he would eventually tire out Thor.

"Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided
Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Eternal19

lobo

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Killemall

@Killemall: What about the scan I posted?

What about it?

@SoA: Here:

I still need to find him using lightning without the hammer.

The first one isnt flight, its him using his hand bring down lightning to kill Duroc the Demolisher which took place in The Mighty Thor 584. The other scan is from Contest of Champions where he fought and easily beat storm, that being said he never flew in either encounters and what i am however saying is he cannot fly without his hammer, no argument on him calling upon lighting, he's done that about 5 times that i can recall, probably more (didnt bother saving all the instances).

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By SoA

@Killemall: thanks for insight.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Killemall

@SoA said:

@Killemall: thanks for insight.

You are most welcome. I am a big Thor fan, and consider myself extremely well versed with Thor, so if there is any other queries you have or might have about thor feel free to ask :)

You you like a character so much, you love talking about the character, its just human nature, you cant help it :p

So in fact, thank you for asking =D

heymanjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By heymanjack

Why are we talkin about thor projecting lightning if this is a h2h fight?

Lobo wins this one.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TifaLockhart

@heymanjack: Thor is full of excuses. He holds back all the time, despite what captions say. He didn't cheat when he brought the lightning against Hercules when he was losing.

The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall:I was talking about the second one, looks like he's flying. (At least to me, lol)

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Killemall

@Killemall:I was talking about the second one, looks like he's flying. (At least to me, lol)

He wasnt flying he was calling forth the win, and later beats storm by kissing her and taking the air out of her lungs.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By XiiX

Lobo.