Thor vs JLA B-Team

This topic is locked from further discussion.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Team: Aquaman, Guy Gardner, Hawkman, Red Tornado, Steel

VS

Thor

No Caption Provided

Pre-52, standard equipment. Aquaman has Water Hand and is out of the water 15 minutes. Win by KO, incapacitation, or death.

Thor is bloodlusted, but in character. The team is not bloodlusted, but they know Thor is and they're not holding back. They know he can take their best hits. They'll try to KO him is possible, but killing him is not out of the question.

Can the team put down the God of Thunder?

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 the_red_viper  Moderator

Team wins. Steel can possibly solo with the Entropy Aegis, he brought Superman to his knees in 2 pages.

Also how can Thor be both bloodlusted and in character?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team wins. Steel can possibly solo with the Entropy Aegis, he brought Superman to his knees in 2 pages.

Also how can Thor be both bloodlusted and in character?

No Entropy Aegis for Steel, sorry. Just his regular non-Aegis armor/equipment.

Being bloodlusted and being in-character are different things.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Fallschirmjager

You need to take away Aquaman's water hand, because with it team stomps. Dispels magic + possible instant kill via dehydration. I don't know that Thor could die this way, but the dispelling of his magic would cause serious problems he could not over come, at least.

also...I object to Aquaman being labeled a b-teamer. :)

Kid_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably the B team, they could overwhelm the Thunder God. + Does Thor have any godlike abilities? Cause a guy said he's omnipotent.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I can see Thor losing after a good battle... Probably the same stuff as in Siege.

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By brainstorm01

@Kid_Cool:

no he is not omnipotent(not even near)

for this fight if team have strategy they wins if not then thor

Kid_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Aquaman and Red Tornado can possibly solo. Actually they can solo, Aquaman with telepathy (enhanced by the water hand) and magic disruption, Red was able to solo the Justice League twice when his morals were off and wasn't holding back due to the fact that he is a wind elemental.

I feel that if Hawkman stepped back and let Steel take his Nth Metal Mace, he'd have a good chance of taking on Thor by himself based on the fact that he was able to tango with the Eradicator and a Doomsday clone who could adapt on the fly and regenerate. Steel wouldn't beat Thor at all under those conditions, but it'd be at least a few minutes before he'd go down. Guy has about the same chances as Steel with Hawkman's Mace. All in all, Team wins 8/10

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The team wins. Guy Garner by himself will give thor trouble

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman and Red Tornado can possibly solo. Actually they can solo, Aquaman with telepathy (enhanced by the water hand) and magic disruption, Red was able to solo the Justice League twice when his morals were off and wasn't holding back due to the fact that he is a wind elemental.

I feel that if Hawkman stepped back and let Steel take his Nth Metal Mace, he'd have a good chance of taking on Thor by himself based on the fact that he was able to tango with the Eradicator and a Doomsday clone who could adapt on the fly and regenerate. Steel wouldn't beat Thor at all under those conditions, but it'd be at least a few minutes before he'd go down. Guy has about the same chances as Steel with Hawkman's Mace. All in all, Team wins 8/10

Aquaman is not going to solo via TP. Thor has massive TP resistance, it has only been said about a million times.

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Aquaman and Gardner are enough on a good day.

All five of them take Thor down convincingly.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JLA.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JL in a good fight.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DarkRaiden

Thor stomps.

1. Show me Aquaman dispelling Skyfather magic, as Mjolnir is backed by Odin (nothing else is really magic for Thor)

2. THor's TP resistance is far greater than Aquaman's TP

3. Even without his hammer, he's strong enough to lift 20 planets and resist the gravity of stars, he oneshots everyone.

So yeah until these guys get planet+ durability to take on a Thor that's actually trying, they get stomped with ease. Thor bloodlusted can take on the JLA A team, the B-team he destroys. Spite.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_red_viper  Moderator

@darkraiden: Steel has taken blows from Eradicator, Doomsday, Supergirl, Earthquake and other people. He would survive a blow from Thor. Guy Gardener would be trouble as well, and also Aquaman with his hand.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: Steel has taken blows from Eradicator, Doomsday, Supergirl, Earthquake and other people. He would survive a blow from Thor. Guy Gardener would be trouble as well, and also Aquaman with his hand.

None of those people have the strength of Thor. Doomsday, Supergirl, none of them have 20+planet strength. If their hit even phases Steel, then Thor will oneshot them, as they're all planetary at best and he's at least 20x that.

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Red Tornado is a liability.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper said:

None of those people have the strength of Thor. Doomsday, Supergirl, none of them have 20+planet strength. If their hit even phases Steel, then Thor will oneshot them, as they're all planetary at best and he's at least 20x that.

Supergirl didn't even bother him. Dommsday did, but only after a few good hits.

You're ignoring the other guys too... Guy, being a Lantern, is waaay faster than him and can avoid and tank everything he has with constructs. And also Aquaman's water hand packs some nice gizmos (not a huge expert on it though).

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:

@the_red_viper said:

Supergirl didn't even bother him. Dommsday did, but only after a few good hits.

You're ignoring the other guys too... Guy, being a Lantern, is waaay faster than him and can avoid and tank everything he has with constructs. And also Aquaman's water hand packs some nice gizmos (not a huge expert on it though).

Guy...it depends on if Aquaman can nullify Mjolnir or not. If he can't Mjolnir snacks on Guy's constructs, if he can, Thor should still be able to break the constructs and call down some lightning to hit Guy. Aquaman's hand.....I'm almost 99.9% sure it's strong but can't exactly do much to Thor.

Also Guy flies faster, but then again he doesn't if Thor has Mjolnir,. As for reaction speeds, Thor has a few speedster feats of his own. I couldn't comfortably say Guy is way faster.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dratini1331

@darkraiden: This is in character. Thor doesn't often use his energy draining, so it seems unlikely that he would use it on the lantern.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fanboys will fanboy

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the team needs is Aquaman,Guy Gardner,and Red tornado the rest could go home.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: This is in character. Thor doesn't often use his energy draining, so it seems unlikely that he would use it on the lantern.

Eh,...but he's also bloodlusted. That does a lot of things to you, and if Thor feels the quickest way to kill Guy is via energy absorption....I guess he would take it? It's hard to tell with character on, yet bloodlusted with people like Thor. They're almost 2 contradictory statements.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: I assumed Bloodlusted meant basically WM, which means he should probably still destroy them IMO.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: I assumed Bloodlusted meant basically WM, which means he should probably still destroy them IMO.

Bloodlusted means he will be like he was in "Blood and Thunder" when he was beating the snot out of Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill and Adam Warlock. That was just normal power level Thor not holding back. WM Thor would be not holding back PLUS 10x his normal power. Either way Thor wins this fight.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think thor takes this B team down

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By bigcimmerian

Thor wins in effortless curbstomp.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 the_red_viper  Moderator

@dratini1331 said:

Eh,...but he's also bloodlusted. That does a lot of things to you, and if Thor feels the quickest way to kill Guy is via energy absorption....I guess he would take it? It's hard to tell with character on, yet bloodlusted with people like Thor. They're almost 2 contradictory statements.

That's what I don't understand. Being in character AND bloodlusted kinda contradicts itself.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:

@dratini1331 said:

That's what I don't understand. Being in character AND bloodlusted kinda contradicts itself.

It doesnt contradict. Let me try to explain:

A person can be in-character or not. This just means whether they're limited to doing things they normally do or are allowed to do their full range of possible actions. An example is Superman fighting in-character. He can vibrate himself intangible, but he hardly ever does. He normally just slugs it out. That's "in-character" for him, whether he's bloodlusted or not. But, for Martian Manhunter, he almost always goes intangible right away. It would be in-character to do so at the start of a battle, but out of character for him to start brawling.

Bloodlusted is different. I means whether they have morals or not, whether they'll try to kill or not. So, for Superman, this would be the difference between him hitting someone at full strength, or only enough to KO them. It'd be the difference between him punching them into a building full of people, or holding back so as to avoid killing innocent bystanders.

So, for Superman:

In-character, non-bloodlusted (his normal state): Slugs it out, does not try to kill.

In-character, bloodlusted: Slugs it out, tries to kill.

Out-of-character, non-bloodlusted: Vibrates to avoid physical contact, begins attack with heat vision, does not try to kill.

Out-of-character, bloodlusted: Vibrates to avoid physical contact, begins attack with heat vision, tries to kill.

Hope that helps.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@willpayton: that was actually a pretty good explanation as far as I can tell.

anyway... I think thors aerokinetic abilities are greater than red tornados. aquaman cant fight him physically and I do magic from the lady of the lake can dispel high level magic used my mjolnir. steel will get hurt bad and so will hawkman. I think guy garner and red tornado are going to be the tough ones. AM would be too if we were sure that his water hand could dispel thors magic

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By willpayton
bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: It's very good explanation, but bloodlusted Thor is too much here, he defeated Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer and Adam Warlock while being bloodlusted.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By termiteone4ever

GUy Gardner with his Kill shot Would Probably KIll thor . Adding Aquaman and the rest of the team is over kill . The only person on this team with the highest moral is probably RED Tarnado . THe rest is always willing to Kill. Hawk man have some ridiculous powerful weapon if i recall he did KO superman with a punch with one of his weapon which was said to be a planetary.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GUy Gardner with his Kill shot Would Probably KIll thor . Adding Aquaman and the rest of the team is over kill . The only person on this team with the highest moral is probably RED Tarnado . THe rest is always willing to Kill. Hawk man have some ridiculous powerful weapon if i recall he did KO superman with a punch with one of his weapon which was said to be a planetary.

what is guy gardners kill shot and how powerful is it??

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@termiteone4ever: You're right, in one comic, I forgot which unfortunately, Superman stated that Hawkman's full swing of his mace felt like being hit by a planet at full velocity.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: I think HM's mace is a lot stronger than BRB's hammer. It is a planet busting mace.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: I think HM's mace is a lot stronger than BRB's hammer. It is a planet busting mace.

lol it's not planet busting mace, it's just regular alien mace. Beta Ray Bill's hammer can bust planets easily, but this mace is just regular weapon, don't be silly dude.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retconcrisis said:

lol it's not planet busting mace, it's just regular alien mace. Beta Ray Bill's hammer can bust planets easily, but this mace is just regular weapon, don't be silly dude.

its not regular. where the heck did THAT come from? Seriously? Why lie about it? its not "Regular". In fact one of its BEST features is that it disrupts the magic. the very source of thors power

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian said:
@retconcrisis said:

its not regular. where the heck did THAT come from? Seriously? Why lie about it? its not "Regular". In fact one of its BEST features is that it disrupts the magic. the very source of thors power

LOL I know it's not regular, but it's closer to regular than it's to planet busting mace, and you should know it's not mace that is capable of planetary level strikes, it's his CLAW OF HORUS, but it's not part of his standard equipment. As for his mace it will not disrupt magic after Thor sends him to sun with one hit.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foreverevil said:
@bigcimmerian said:
@retconcrisis said:

LOL I know it's not regular, but it's closer to regular than it's to planet busting mace, and you should know it's not mace that is capable of planetary level strikes, it's his CLAW OF HORUS, but it's not part of his standard equipment. As for his mace it will not disrupt magic after Thor sends him to sun with one hit.

i agree that thor could easily send hawkman anywhere but thats IF that happens. theoretically hawkman could hit him first which would disrupt his magic. and thor could just as easily one shot him IF he gets the first hit. theres just more on hawkmans side for him to get the shot in. so its more likely that hawkman hits him first. wouldnt you agree?

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Cable_Extreme

You need to take away Aquaman's water hand, because with it team stomps. Dispels magic + possible instant kill via dehydration. I don't know that Thor could die this way, but the dispelling of his magic would cause serious problems he could not over come, at least.

also...I object to Aquaman being labeled a b-teamer. :)

Remember Thor often fights Loki, who is a much more dangerous spell caster than Aquaman :D

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TommyJones1945

Team takes it, but it wont be an easy fight.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Why do you say things like this? Why, seriously? Do you know anything about the B team he's facing? Aquaman's water hand can dispel magic and dehydrate people so if Aquaman wants to, he can just cut Thor off from oxygen and hey presto, Thor's not going to be winning the fight. Or he could TP him out cold. Red Tornado has proven to keep the League at bay with his unleashed wind elemental powers and Guy can keep Thor at bay too. Can you please have a familiarity with the characters before making biased comments like this? I prefer Thor to all these guys but he doesn't beat the team if they use the right tactics.

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Team takes it.

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The team takes this without much effort...too many for thor alone to handle

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@bigcimmerian said:

Why do you say things like this? Why, seriously? Do you know anything about the B team he's facing? Aquaman's water hand can dispel magic and dehydrate people so if Aquaman wants to, he can just cut Thor off from oxygen and hey presto, Thor's not going to be winning the fight. Or he could TP him out cold. Red Tornado has proven to keep the League at bay with his unleashed wind elemental powers and Guy can keep Thor at bay too. Can you please have a familiarity with the characters before making biased comments like this? I prefer Thor to all these guys but he doesn't beat the team if they use the right tactics.

Thor doesn't need oxygen, he's been flying in space since forever and he ressisted stronger telepaths than Aquaman before. I admit I know nothing about Red Tornado, but I'm very familiar with other characters here, bloodlusted Thor in character defeated Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer and Adam Warlock, all of them are more powerful than this entire team.

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: Thor was amped in blood and thunder

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: Thor was amped in blood and thunder

In his fights with BRB, Surfer and Warlock he wasn't. He later got power gem, but he defeated them before he had it.

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: Thor was bloodlusted, and his feats in that series are totally unmatched with his feats anywhere else