Thor vs Iron Man and Captain America (Movie versions)

• 88 results
AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AweSam
No Caption Provided

All three are movie versions.

Full out fight. Win by knock out.

Morals are on.

Fight takes place in the woods (like in the picture).

Iron Man and Captain America have half an hour prep for battle strategy.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By slimj87d

Spoilers.

Seeing as how Thor was worried about falling from the hellacarrier when Loki released him I'm sure the team could come up with something.

Like Cap just giving Ironman the shield and Ironman unleashing everything he has while using it to block attacks.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AweSam

@SlimJ87D said:

Spoilers.

Seeing as how Thor was worried about falling from the hellacarrier when Loki released him I'm sure the team could come up with something.

Like Cap just giving Ironman the shield and Ironman unleashing everything he has while using it to block attacks.

I think that would leave them at a disadvantage. I don't see Iron Man losing a hand blaster for a shield. Caps good use of his shield. Good enough to block head on attacks by Thor's hammer.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By majestic99

Thor stomps. He swatted away Iron Man like he was a fly when Thor WASN'T holding back. He could knock out Cap with one punch(considering the fact he went toe to toe with the Hulk)

m99

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sandiego008

thor wins ... his durability was shown to be insane in the movie ... oddly captain america and hulk (from what I remember) the only one that hurt him.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jeanroygrant

Thor hits them with the lightning that was used to stop the portal.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#8  Edited By Deadcool

Thor with ease...

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By vuviper

Thor, but I don't think it's quite so easy. Iron Man did pretty well against Thor and Cap could hold Thor himself for a while if need be (Just compare their fights with Loki). I think the biggest problem would be that Cap can't fly

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AweSam

@jeanroygrant said:

He used the Empire State Building as a conductor.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@AweSam:

It was the Chrysler Building, not the Empire State Building.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The team wins. In the movie the lightning just made Iron Man stronger and Captain America's shield stopped Thor's Hammer.

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mekboy

Thor stomps. Throughout the whole movie he doesn't look like he'd been seriously injured at all.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jeanroygrant

@AweSam said:

@jeanroygrant said:

He used the Empire State Building as a conductor.

Oh, never knew thank you for telling me.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AweSam

@JediXMan said:

@AweSam:

I'm Canadian.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@AweSam said:

@JediXMan said:

@AweSam:

I'm Canadian.

I'm just saying.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AweSam

@JediXMan said:

@AweSam said:

@JediXMan said:

@AweSam:

I'm Canadian.

I'm just saying.

To be honest, I have little architectural knowledge. Thanks for correcting me.

coltnelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By coltnelson

I would give it to Thor. During his fight with Iron Man he never seemed strained at all. He was able to match whatever Iron Man hit him with and and come back with his own attacks. Thor was never hurt by Iron Man and was actually able to crush Iron Man's armor with his bare hands. I think Thor's evident durability alone gives him this fight, not to mention all his other powers.

@SlimJ87D said:

Spoilers.

I don't think Thor was afraid the fall would hurt him. I would say he was more worried about Loki removing him from the battle and being unable to aid in the defense of the helicarrier. That was my interpretation.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By slimj87d

@coltnelson: I don't think that is the right interpretation otherwise it would have been completely pointless for Loki to say what he said. Honestly, the seen was for us to worry for Thor because he was worried. But it literally lowered his durability because the director chose to do the scene that way.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AweSam

@coltnelson: It was designed to kill the Hulk. Movie Thor's no Hulk.

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Om4zd

@jeanroygrant: But accidentally powers up Iron Man....

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@AweSam: Well Hulk wound up falling from the Helicarrier anway. Or atleast he jumped out of it, then onto a Jet, fell from that and even managed to control his fall as not to hurt any civilians and he survived, just was knocked unconcious. Also Thor barely made it out before it hit the ground and he still smashed into the earth, from the same height without the cages limited protection since it was made to hold the Hulk. Either way Thor survived the fall, and just because it wouldn't have killed him dosen't mean it would not hurt. I believe that was his concern overall.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jorgevy

Thor Stomps. He was holding back. He crushed IM's armour easily with one hand. And his durability? GOD DAMN it was off the damn charts!

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AweSam

@Guardiandevil83 said:

@AweSam: Well Hulk wound up falling from the Helicarrier anway. Or atleast he jumped out of it, then onto a Jet, fell from that and even managed to control his fall as not to hurt any civilians and he survived, just was knocked unconcious. Also Thor barely made it out before it hit the ground and he still smashed into the earth, from the same height without the cages limited protection since it was made to hold the Hulk. Either way Thor survived the fall, and just because it wouldn't have killed him dosen't mean it would not hurt. I believe that was his concern overall.

Actually, I think it was the chamber itself that was meant to crush the person inside of it from the fall. I could be wrong.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By bigcimmerian

Without holding back, Thor wins, effortless curbstomp

ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ThaMessenger07

I think Based on Feats in Both Thor & The Avengers, it's Clear he can handle them both quite easy. Infact the way he blocks Hulk in there fight and the way Hulk with that Same hand decked and stopped one of those massive flying Serpents. Not to mention that as Thor got pissed he was slowly destroying Tony's suit. He couldn't shoot lightining cause it would be useless on IM but he could just crush him. He crushed the armor with one hand and later was able to tear the mask off like paper when Tony was laid out after Hulk saved him.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Probably Thor, Iron Man took Thor by surprise and wasn't thinking clearly in his fight. IM was about to get his armour crushed if it were not for Cap.

Achilles92x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Achilles92x

I think that some people are forgetting that Thor was clearly holding back when he was fighting Iron Man in the forest. Based off of the movie, I think it is evident that a full swing from Thor with Mjolnir would have taken off Iron Man's limbs, and Thor is much too noble and considerate of a character to inflict that kind of damage on Iron Man. Thus, like I said, Thor was holding back. While, Captain's shield, being essentially one of the most impervious things in the Marvel Universe, can take the blow from Thor, the rest of Captain cannot. Even with time to plan, I don't think the two could stop Thor. One full swing from Thor is all it would take to knock out Iron Man, and one lightning bolt from Thor would fry Captain.

Achilles92x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Achilles92x

Also, didn't Thor using his hammer break out of that cage before it crashed? If that thing was meant to contain the Hulk with all of its rage and strength, then we must admit Thor using that Hammer is disgustingly powerful. I honestly think Thor vs Hulk h2h is pretty even except I believe Hulk would win because of increasing strength. But I think Hulk vs Thor with Mjolnir would result in a victory for Thor. Thor's weapon is Mjolnir; Hulk's is his anger (increasing strength)--I just think Thor full out would take Thor before his anger made him too strong.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

I dunno ... guess I saw a different movie. The body language, dialogue, everything was there to indicate Thor was holding back. Wouldn't pay to have Thor busting out all the moves leaving the team to sit back sipping on margaritas.

- Thor fights Iron Man. Just look at the headbutt sequence. As that really says it all.

- Thor fights Hulk in the helicarrier - holding back trying to contain him and calm him down (try to think Banner!).

- Thor cracks the 'glass' meant to contain Hulk with one tentative strike. He did not look frightened. He looked more like he was analyzing Loki and the situation. When falling, he was simply too jostled by the tumble to gain the traction needed right away to break free. As soon as he found footing, he broke free of the Hulk cage with ease.

- Thor was not really interested in fighting his brother Loki at any one point in time. He was trying to reason with him and by no means cut loose on him. That much was made obvious as well.

Thor cuts loose but once in the movie when tasked with containing entry from the portal - and he pretty much fries everything that was coming through. The comment "Thor is fighting a battalion by himself on 6th street" pretty much says what remained unillustrated as well.

While Iron Man can present a fun enough scuffle, and contain Thor for a spell, Thor would ultimately destroy Iron Man. Captain America would pose no threat whatsoever IMO as well.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By HolySerpent

Thor is overrated....

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By nefarious

Thor stomps the team.

grevous11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By grevous11

Iron man never seemed to be able to hurt Thor... Even when his power was at 400% plus Thor was crushing his suit with his bare hands, which is pretty impressive. gotta give this to Thor.

coltnelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By coltnelson

That cage was not designed to kill the Hulk. When in the movie was it stated that the cage was supposed to kill anything? Its a cage, those don't generally kill anything. It was designed to trap Hulk and if he tried to escape, fall out the bottom of the helicarrier and prevent him for damaging the carrier. From the fight Thor had with the Hulk it seemed that they were equally matched, even in hand to hand combat.

@Super_SoldierXII said:

I dunno ... guess I saw a different movie. The body language, dialogue, everything was there to indicate Thor was holding back. Wouldn't pay to have Thor busting out all the moves leaving the team to sit back sipping on margaritas.

- Thor fights Iron Man. Just look at the headbutt sequence. As that really says it all.

- Thor fights Hulk in the helicarrier - holding back trying to contain him and calm him down (try to think Banner!).

- Thor cracks the 'glass' meant to contain Hulk with one tentative strike. He did not look frightened. He looked more like he was analyzing Loki and the situation. When falling, he was simply too jostled by the tumble to gain the traction needed right away to break free. As soon as he found footing, he broke free of the Hulk cage with ease.

- Thor was not really interested in fighting his brother Loki at any one point in time. He was trying to reason with him and by no means cut loose on him. That much was made obvious as well.

Thor cuts loose but once in the movie when tasked with containing entry from the portal - and he pretty much fries everything that was coming through. The comment "Thor is fighting a battalion by himself on 6th street" pretty much says what remained unillustrated as well.

While Iron Man can present a fun enough scuffle, and contain Thor for a spell, Thor would ultimately destroy Iron Man. Captain America would pose no threat whatsoever IMO as well.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AweSam

@coltnelson: Did I say kill? Whoops.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By sandiego008

@Achilles92x said:

I honestly think Thor vs Hulk h2h is pretty even except I believe Hulk would win because of increasing strength.

I disagree ... if this was the case ... in the hele carrier when he was trying to calm/stop the hulk from tearing the place apart he started the fight h2h ... then he had to call the hammer in after realizing h2h wasn't enough. I realize thor wasn't going all out .... but he obviously needed the hammer to help give him breathing distance

Nessy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Nessy

the heaviest damage that Thor has taken across the 2 films is a bloody nose...

He was able to crush Iron Mans suit with his bare hands

Loki was easily able to beat Captain America

400% power Iron Man did nothing to Thor

Thor could break out of a cage able to contain the Hulk

Thor with ease.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Gotta give it the God of Thunder. Many of the reasons above say it all.

odinblast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By odinblast

@Nessy said:

the heaviest damage that Thor has taken across the 2 films is a bloody nose...

He was able to crush Iron Mans suit with his bare hands

Loki was easily able to beat Captain America

400% power Iron Man did nothing to Thor

Thor could break out of a cage able to contain the Hulk

Thor with ease.

this and more

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor beats Iron Man's helmet like a drum with Mjolnir and then fries Cap crispy.

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41  Edited By PurpleCandy

Haha but seriously, Hulk is the only one that seemed the give him trouble and even then I'm sure Thor could have beat him Hulk only had the advantage near the end because it was a crowded space and Thor had to make sure he didn't ruin the hellicarrier.

EnhancedHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By EnhancedHuman

In the third part of the movie Iron Man 3, Justin Bieber will be Tony Stark as a teenager, the young creator of world's most famous guns. Justin will appear only in about 3 scenes interpreting Tony memories you have of his youth.

It's Official, Justin Bieber protagonist in the upcoming movie Iron Man 3, this is already confirmed, you can search the Google search engine with the word Justin Bieber Iron Man, and you appear all the news related to this

Is not it amazing?

Justin Bieber will be the new superhero Iron Man

This is really amazing, super, great ..

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God, I hate thor fanboys. Thor loses. He couldn't even beat Ironman. His hammer didn't do jack crap to captain america's shield, thor was floored by the impact though. He was hurt by ironman's repulsors. Oh, one more thing: HE WAS HURT BY A DA*N KNIFE! The team stomps!

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MAZAHS117

Thor....we all know who the Mightiest Avenger is

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do you guys keep saying thor wasn't hurt by anything? Hmmmm, let us think before speaking: he grunted in pain every time ironman shot him, hulk drew blood from him with a casual punch; and on that topic, he punched hulk and it barely even moved him....it only made him take a step back, while hulk's punch knocked thor across the entire helicarrier. A puny knife pierced his skin with clearly no resistance from thor's skin, and he was exhausted by the end of the final battle battle, and speaking of that.....he was nowhere to be seen after hulk bro fisted him, which signals he was knocked out. And there is no proof that thor was holding back on ironman, he used all of this powers (except earthquakes) and he certainly did not have an easy time crushing IM's wrists, if you look at his expression, you can see that he was straining and he grunted with effort too. And his durability sucked, he can't take a knife, and he was clearly scared of falling from a mere 30,000 feet....and he didn't even take the fall, he flew out sideways before hitting the ground, and that would lower the impact by a great deal. Thor loses here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SHAZAM117: Yep, it's hulk, the guy who effortlessly overpowered thor.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Tony_Shark

Thor will probably win. He pretty much always does.

However, Iron Man and Cap will give him a run for his money with their awesome team work. So, they won't go out easily like some people are suggesting. Eventually, his durability will be his greatest advantage.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jeanroygrant

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Thor.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Tony_Shark: Ironman has durability feats that are very close to Thor's, such as getting ghot by a tank and falling from thousands of feet and getting up with only a scratch.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MAZAHS117

@logy5000....O_o...umm, no....I know you're making a strong case for everyone but Thor in this fight, I get that...but my vote goes to Thor winning here in this particular fight