Thor vs Hulk (Avengers movie versions)

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton

Avengers movie Thor and Hulk go at it to the death. Odin transports them to an alternate reality unpopulated Earth, but only one can come back.

Who wins?

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Hulk seemed more impressive overall.

VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By VictorGrey

I'd say Thor, but he didn't have any impressive feats in Avengers as he did in Thor the Movie.

I'll go with Hulk on this one.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By vuviper

Hulk, I thought it was pretty obvious that he was portrayed as stronger.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sandiego008

Hulk seemed pretty obvious on movie version .... I mean thor had issues with loki (may have been holding back) ... we all saw what hulk did to loki in a matter or seconds. And ... well probably my favorite scene in the movie was the hulks first punch against the aliens ... that was just epic to stop that big ass thing by walking up to it and hitting it as it was charging him.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By willpayton

@VictorGrey said:

I'd say Thor, but he didn't have any impressive feats in Avengers as he did in Thor the Movie.

Thor's feats from his previous movie count since it's the same character, same universe, same everything. The version in Avengers is the same as in the Thor movie, just wanted to make sure people werent using the comic, cartoon, or other versions for this battle.

Same thing for Hulk, the previous movie feats count. Even though it was different actors, it's obvious this version is the same as in those movies.

VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By VictorGrey

@WillPayton said:

@VictorGrey said:

Thor's feats from his previous movie count since it's the same character, same universe, same everything. The version in Avengers is the same as in the Thor movie, just wanted to make sure people werent using the comic, cartoon, or other versions for this battle.

Same thing for Hulk, the previous movie feats count. Even though it was different actors, it's obvious this version is the same as in those movies.

Then i'd go with Thor, the frost giant battle was an impressive display of his powers. Then the final battle with the Destroyer.

Thor wins.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has obviously not been done....

Stalemate IMO.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vuviper

@VictorGrey said:

@WillPayton said:

@VictorGrey said:

Then i'd go with Thor, the frost giant battle was an impressive display of his powers. Then the final battle with the Destroyer.

Thor wins.

Their is no way to compare the frost giants or their pet monster or destroyer to the Hulk though. The only points of comparison are their actual fight, their fights against loki, or the giant flying leviathan thingies. Hulk seemed stronger in all three instances. He'd probably beat movie destroyer or frost giants as well

VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By VictorGrey

@vuviper said:

@VictorGrey said:

@WillPayton said:

@VictorGrey said:

Thor wins.

Their is no way to compare the frost giants or their pet monster or destroyer to the Hulk though. The only points of comparison are their actual fight, their fights against loki, or the giant flying leviathan thingies. Hulk seemed stronger in all three instances. He'd probably beat movie destroyer or frost giants as well

Thor couldn't beat the destroyer in a straight out battle, he had to use his versatility to defeat him. Hulk isn't versatile. I agree the Hulk was made to look more powerful in the Avengers, but in their own solo movies, Thor had more feats. Most of Hulk's moments in Avengers was just comedic moments to make the Hulk look stronger (If you've seen the movie, you'll know what I mean)

Dumbyseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dumbyseid

With PIS off and Thor not facing Hulk in hand to hand

Thor speed blitzes, flies up and frys him with bolts until Hulk is cooked

or Thor throws him into space

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vuviper

@Dumbyseid said:

He didn't seem that fast, Cap had no problem reacting to Thor's attacks.

@VictorGrey: I thought he finished Destroyer with a hammer blow after getting him off the ground with a hurricane. Maybe I'm wrong. But I guess if he does get Hulk off the ground he could be in a much more vulnerable position...

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By emperorznb

Thor.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By willpayton

bump

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vuviper

@VictorGrey: Thor defeats Destroyer with a Hammer to the face. I think Avengers Hulk would take Thor Destroyer

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Scourge

Thor was doing well against Hulk when they fought in the Hellicarrier. I'd take him in this fight since he most likely won't be holding back as much as he was in their fight.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Thor was trying to reason with Bruce/Hulk and was trying to save the helicarrier not destroy it so I believe that he could have ut the Hulk down. Hulk has alway's been more brutal then Thor but they should be equal in strength. Even if Hulk becomes stronger there is so much more Thor has to offer, So with the Op stating they are somewhere abandoned, Thor does what he did to the world of the Frost Giants. (Fyi Thor was planning on attacking the leviathon first) The Hulk had just shown up so he had to show what he could do

Achilles92x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Achilles92x

Thor:

Thor may not be as strong as Hulk (movie wise), especially not when Hulk gets enraged, but I think Mjolnir seals the deal in Thor's favor. Thor escaped from the Hulk container in the Avengers once he got his footing with relative ease. Thor blocked a powerful punch from Hulk when he was trying to reason with Banner with no problem. Loki vs Hulk is not a good example... Thor genuinely cares about his brother and in no way, shape, or form displayed his full power against him while Hulk gave zero fucks and just smashed him. Thor could replicate the same if he abolished all feelings. I suppose the difference between the characters is their nobility and thoughtfulness. Thor is much more thoughtful and noble--he was constantly holding back (such as against Iron Man or Loki) so he would not one hit kill them. Hulk doesn't give a shit. I still give this to Thor if he's not holding back.

NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NEEK_03

@Achilles92x said:

Thor:

Thor may not be as strong as Hulk (movie wise), especially not when Hulk gets enraged, but I think Mjolnir seals the deal in Thor's favor. Thor escaped from the Hulk container in the Avengers once he got his footing with relative ease. Thor blocked a powerful punch from Hulk when he was trying to reason with Banner with no problem. Loki vs Hulk is not a good example... Thor genuinely cares about his brother and in no way, shape, or form displayed his full power against him while Hulk gave zero fucks and just smashed him. Thor could replicate the same if he abolished all feelings. I suppose the difference between the characters is their nobility and thoughtfulness. Thor is much more thoughtful and noble--he was constantly holding back (such as against Iron Man or Loki) so he would not one hit kill them. Hulk doesn't give a shit. I still give this to Thor if he's not holding back.

pretty much this. hulk didnt hold back, thor did.

some major points:

1. yes hulk did pretty much 1 hit ko that giant flying fish ship. HOWEVER thor ko'd 2 of them when he used his lightning on top of the building.

2. thor was clearly holding back while fighting hulk, he even tried talking some reason to him. he also was holding back against ironman, ironman was only even hanging because he was at 400%.

3. yes hulk was physically stronger i agree, they were tryin to get that across. and they did however its not to the point where it will devestate Thor. if u remember when he bled he was EXCITED and enjoyed the fact that some one from this planet could cause him any harm.

4. thor is more versatille and in this set up i think he could take the hulk more times then not. at NO point in any movie featuring thor did i ever see him come close to being ko'd.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Thor wins. Hulk was of course stronger in physical strength in The Avengers. But Thor was faster and was able to dodge Hulk's attacks, in their short fight (in The Avengers), it was pretty close and even then Thor was dodging Hulk's swings and hurting Hulk. And Thor was somewhat holding back. If he landed a full hit like he did on Cap's Shield, I think it would weaken Hulk. Thor has the strength to hurt Hulk in close range combat, and with his superior speed I give Thor the close win.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By majestic99

@vuviper said:

@Dumbyseid said:

He said with PIS off. Thor wins by either sending Hulk into space, or frying Hulk with one lighting blast, or easily overpowers Hulk and beats him to death with his bare hands, etc.

m99

grevous11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By grevous11

@Achilles92x well spoke

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jeanroygrant

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Stalemate IMO.

Why stalemate?

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bo88gdan

I think Thor

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By renamed040924

@Achilles92x said:

Thor:

I agree with this.

Achilles92x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Achilles92x

@NEEK_03 said:

@Achilles92x said:

Thor:

some major points:

1. yes hulk did pretty much 1 hit ko that giant flying fish ship. HOWEVER thor ko'd 2 of them when he used his lightning on top of the building.

2. thor was clearly holding back while fighting hulk, he even tried talking some reason to him. he also was holding back against ironman, ironman was only even hanging because he was at 400%.

3. yes hulk was physically stronger i agree, they were tryin to get that across. and they did however its not to the point where it will devestate Thor. if u remember when he bled he was EXCITED and enjoyed the fact that some one from this planet could cause him any harm.

4. thor is more versatille and in this set up i think he could take the hulk more times then not. at NO point in any movie featuring thor did i ever see him come close to being ko'd.

Excellent expansion on my thoughts.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By vuviper

@majestic99 said:

@vuviper said:

@Dumbyseid said:

He said with PIS off. Thor wins by either sending Hulk into space, or frying Hulk with one lighting blast, or easily overpowers Hulk and beats him to death with his bare hands, etc.

m99

I was simply replying to Thor being able to blitz him. If you think Thor can easily overpower Hulk and beat him to death with his bare hands I'd doubt that you watched the movie. Or I'd say you seem to have a very biased interpretation of events

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By majestic99

@vuviper said:

I was simply replying to Thor being able to blitz him. If you think Thor can easily overpower Hulk and beat him to death with his bare hands I'd doubt that you watched the movie. Or I'd say you seem to have a very biased interpretation of events

I've seen the movie and am not biased. Sure, Thor didn't need his hammer to knock Hulk off his feet, and Hulk merely got a sneak shot on Thor later on.

m99

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mekboy

Thor should win imo, during their fight scene, all he had going for him was his physical strength and his hammer and I thought he was doing a pretty good job already.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vuviper

@majestic99 said:

@vuviper said:

I've seen the movie and am not biased. Sure, Thor didn't need his hammer to knock Hulk off his feet, and Hulk merely got a sneak shot on Thor later on.

m99

I think Hulk was definitely portrayed as the strongest physically of the avengers. In the fight with Thor and Hulk, in Hulk's fight with Loki, and in Hulks fight with the Chitauri leviathan thing

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By majestic99

@Mekboy said:

Thor should win imo, during their fight scene, all he had going for him was his physical strength and his hammer and I thought he was doing a pretty good job already.

He was holding back....until Cap arrived and Thor swatted Tony Stark away like a fly.

m99

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By majestic99

@vuviper said:

I think Hulk was definitely portrayed as the strongest physically of the avengers. In the fight with Thor and Hulk, in Hulk's fight with Loki, and in Hulks fight with the Chitauri leviathan thing

The reason Thor seemed weak was because he was holding back. That's why he didn't one shot Iron Man or Cap when he could have.

m99

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Mega_spidey01

hulk cause he's the strongest one therre is.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By vuviper

@majestic99 said:

@vuviper said:

The reason Thor seemed weak was because he was holding back. That's why he didn't one shot Iron Man or Cap when he could have.

m99

And what makes you believe that? It certainly didn't look like he was especially concerned for their safety

Achilles92x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Achilles92x

@vuviper:

I agree Hulk is the most "physically" strong, but how strong someone is doesn't determine a fight. Thor was certainly holding back against Iron Man and Loki during every encounter. Thor is a noble warrior. He's not just going to annihilate Iron Man (which he could have).

edtie97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By edtie97

Hulk is no match for the mighty Thor!

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vuviper

@Achilles92x said:

@vuviper:

I agree Hulk is the most "physically" strong, but how strong someone is doesn't determine a fight. Thor was certainly holding back against Iron Man and Loki during every encounter. Thor is a noble warrior. He's not just going to annihilate Iron Man (which he could have).

This guy I was replying to said Thor would physically overpower Hulk with his bare hands. And what evidence do you have to say Thor could have annihilated Iron Man if he wanted to. Even with his brotherly love for Loki, Thor would've had not problem simply knocking him unconscious. If he could have done what Hulk did, I don't know why he wouldn't have. Was Thor also holding back against the Chitauri too then? What evidence do you have for any of this

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mekboy

@majestic99: Um, I was talking about his fight with the Hulk actually lol.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Fetts

I'd say Thor. I found that the only reason why Thor was getting punted on was because

a) He wasn't going all out.

b) He didn't use his more powerful attacks because he most likely would of have injured or even killed people around him and everybody else in the Hellicarrier.

Hell, if Thor really wanted to kill Hulk, he could have destroyed the entire S.H.I.EL.D. hellicarrier via Odin Force-ish attack.... (the same attack he used when on Jotunheim and he summoned lightning and he smashed Mjolhnir into the ground and a good chunk of land was decimated). Not only would that have hurt Hulk quite a bit, but Thor could have continued using lightning attacks while Hulk was falling through the air.

@NEEK_03 said:

@Achilles92x said:

Thor:

some major points:

I agree with both posts.

NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By NEEK_03

@vuviper said:

@Achilles92x said:

@vuviper:

This guy I was replying to said Thor would physically overpower Hulk with his bare hands. And what evidence do you have to say Thor could have annihilated Iron Man if he wanted to. Even with his brotherly love for Loki, Thor would've had not problem simply knocking him unconscious. If he could have done what Hulk did, I don't know why he wouldn't have. Was Thor also holding back against the Chitauri too then? What evidence do you have for any of this

he always holds back against loki, its obvious for the simple reason he talks to him each time and tries to reason with him. he says things like end this, or come home, or in the 1st movie i WONT FIGHT YOU. did u not see what happened when he didnt hold back? in thor's movie he in the last fight scene he yells ENOUGH and slams his hammer down, flat backing loki, then he pins him with minjor. and in avengers punches him, grabs him. presses him then body slams him.

he held back against ironman and this statment is exactly what i had i mind

@majestic99 said:

@Mekboy said:

He was holding back....until Cap arrived and Thor swatted Tony Stark away like a fly.

m99

i dont think thor can over power him with his bare hands, though he was hanging without his hammer, he would need the hammer to defeat hulk. minjor ko'd two flying fish ships and several random Chitauri in one blast......

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By vuviper

@NEEK_03: See everyone is saying Thor is just holding back in every one of his fights, without any evidence. It just seems like that's what they want to believe.

NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By NEEK_03

@vuviper: i thought i showed evidence when i gave you multiple scenarios of him holding back then not.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By vuviper

@NEEK_03 said:

@vuviper: i thought i showed evidence when i gave you multiple scenarios of him holding back then not.

The Loki fight, it could be argued he was holding back because he doesn't want to hurt his brother, but there isn't any proof of this. And even if there was, how does that somehow translate into Thor being stronger than Hulk? All it could show is Thor isn't so much weaker than Hulk than that fight suggests. I haven't seen any good arguments as to why he would have been holding back in any of his other fights though, or better yet actually evidence that he was.

NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By NEEK_03

@vuviper: im not trying to argue that thor is stronger then hulk he isnt. but hulks strenght isnt so much superior that thor cant handle it, as shown when he blocked his punch, and took multiple punches then getting up with a smile. and i showed proof that he held back, didnt you read my post? here it is again:

he always holds back against loki, its obvious for the simple reason he talks to him each time and tries to reason with him. he says things like end this, or come home, or in the 1st movie i WONT FIGHT YOU. did u not see what happened when he didnt hold back? in thor's movie he in the last fight scene he yells ENOUGH and slams his hammer down, flat backing loki, then he pins him with minjor. and in avengers punches him, grabs him. presses him then body slams him.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@vuviper said:

@NEEK_03 said:

The Loki fight, it could be argued he was holding back because he doesn't want to hurt his brother, but there isn't any proof of this. And even if there was, how does that somehow translate into Thor being stronger than Hulk? All it could show is Thor isn't so much weaker than Hulk than that fight suggests. I haven't seen any good arguments as to why he would have been holding back in any of his other fights though, or better yet actually evidence that he was.

You're pretty much bang on. Thor may or may not have been 'holding back'. I tend to feel he was due to dialogue indicating as much. But that's besides the point. Based off what each character demonstrated in the Avengers movie, Hulk simply impresses more. Really hard to argue against that ... factually speaking, irregardless of whether Thor may or may not have been holding back, he had Thor on beat down alert until the jet interrupted. (Thor was holding back at the offset, but the he was not the one on top regardless).

_Beastmaster_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By _Beastmaster_

Thor does to Hulk what he did to the Destroyer/Chitauri infinitely until the Hulk is KOed.It's as simple as that.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By vuviper

@Night_Rake said:

Thor does to Hulk what he did to the Destroyer/Chitauri infinitely until the Hulk is KOed.It's as simple as that.

It took a while for Thor to get the Destroyer off the ground, so I think if he started doing that Hulk could jump up and grab him. And even if he did get Hulk off the ground, hulk would likely be chucking stuff at thor, so it wouldn't necessarily be so simple. But Thor could probably win if he does use his flight and other powers to his advantage

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeanroygrant said:

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Stalemate IMO.

Why stalemate?

They seemed pretty even in the movie.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#49  Edited By HolySerpent

Hulk wins

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By majestic99

@vuviper said:

Because Thor was HOLDING BACK.

@Mekboy said:

@majestic99: Um, I was talking about his fight with the Hulk actually lol.

So was I, lol.

m99