This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Static Shock (53045 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't think that's gonna stop Zee in his tracks, though...

#52 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed. Forever put in some work son.

#53 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I wouldn't suppose it would.

#54 Posted by Gottheit (3591 posts) - - Show Bio

For this battle, I count crossovers as cannon.

#55 Posted by Gottheit (3591 posts) - - Show Bio

BAM!

#56 Posted by Ketch (332 posts) - - Show Bio

#57 Posted by Ace High (631 posts) - - Show Bio

Just out of curiosity what could Flash do to beat him if he is flying? The only way Flash could feasibly win this is if he catches him with the infinite mass KO. Otherwise he just wouldn't be doing enough damage to get thor down.

#58 Posted by Gottheit (3591 posts) - - Show Bio

He could...jump off a building and catch Thor that way, or make a tornado and mess with Thor's flight? Maybe?

BTW, I really don't think Flash could slow down Thor. I mean...Godspeed is different then regular speed, isn't it? I don't know, I don't think people here really recognize that Thor is a God, and not just some superpowered schmuck.

@ Static: Thor IS real. He's the God of Thunder!

#59 Posted by Ace High (631 posts) - - Show Bio

That tornado thing could be a decent enough tactic against normal flyers...but against a guy that can summon tornados, lightning storms and all kind of maelstroms on a regular basis :P? I doubt its gonna phase the guy :P Like I said dude Thor could easily just fly high into the air and implement a scorched earth policy and lightning bolt the crap outta the whole battle area until he clocks the Flash. I think this is just one battle the scarlet speedster can't win.

#60 Posted by Apparition (11274 posts) - - Show Bio

Ace High says:

"That tornado thing could be a decent enough tactic against normal flyers...but against a guy that can summon tornados, lightning storms and all kind of maelstroms on a regular basis :P? I doubt its gonna phase the guy :P Like I said dude Thor could easily just fly high into the air and implement a scorched earth policy and lightning bolt the crap outta the whole battle area until he clocks the Flash. I think this is just one battle the scarlet speedster can't win."

sure but suppose both of them start on the ground. before the thought to fly out into space even forms in thor's mind flash can attack him at least hundreds of times.

#61 Posted by zee crusher (9066 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Ace High says:
"That tornado thing could be a decent enough tactic against normal flyers...but against a guy that can summon tornados, lightning storms and all kind of maelstroms on a regular basis :P? I doubt its gonna phase the guy :P Like I said dude Thor could easily just fly high into the air and implement a scorched earth policy and lightning bolt the crap outta the whole battle area until he clocks the Flash. I think this is just one battle the scarlet speedster can't win."

sure but suppose both of them start on the ground. before the thought to fly out into space even forms in thor's mind flash can attack him at least hundreds of times."

You act as if his hits are really gonna do that much damage lol. Also Thor can trap the two of them in a funnel or that thing that stops time in a certain area for however long he wants. Flash runs in that thing and he can't move. Flash will be Thors new gold fish after that point lol.

#62 Posted by zee crusher (9066 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"zee crusher says:
"Okay you were good till you said he was weaker then superman in durablility. That is a very false statement lets look back shall we??"

Actually I think I did great the whole way through. But sure lets look at my "false" statement.

"While superman flew to anti monitor he got b!tch slapped and hit the moon and was knocked out. One hit."

Which means?

"While superman was cosmically powered up he took one blast from galactus and was knocked out for three damn pages."

In a crossover? Which means what exactly?

"Superman gets downed by doomsdays hits."

Even in their first fight Superman was standing up to those hits and finally succumb to them, which doesnt prove that Thor is more durable, unless you've seen Thor fighting Doomsday in some comic and Thor stood unaffected by Doomsday's attacks.

"Now lets look at Thor"

Lets.

"Thor has taken hits from living tribunal and gotten up, Thor has taken hits from one above all and gotten up."

Which means what? First to make sure everyone knows, the one above all you are referring to is the Celestial leader and not the most powerful being in the Marvel universe. Now what does it mean that he took a hit from the Living Tribunal or the Celestial One Above All? Do you know if they hit him with their full force? If they hit him with their full force, do you know if that is as much force as the Antimonitor or Doomsday hit Superman with? No. You couldnt possibly know whether it was as much force or less.

"Thor fought galactus twice. First time by himself and he WON!!!! Second time he wasn't doing so hot but out of everybody in the battle field he was doing the best damage."

At the time that Thor won that battle, Galactus was being used as a measuring stick. That version of Galactus was considerably weaker than Galactus is now. You can not often compare a 60s version of a character with the current version as there is little consistency in either Marvel or DC as to the power levels of most of their characters.

"Superman got his skin burned off by a bomb and left to heal."

In one comic. In another one Superman easily withstood nuclear explosions and in another he withstood an explosion that wiped out a solar system.

"Thor took two nukes to the chest."

In one comic, while in others he is easily cut by bladed weapons.

"Thor took a bomb capable of destroying a planet while he was knocked out an landed unharmed in a large crater."

Again its another of Thor's higher end showings. If you look at their consistent durability showings, Superman is much more durable than Thor is.

"Superman is no where near as durable as Thor is. One day he might be. Some of his many versions yes but superman isn't a durable as Thor."

This is simply not true. At best you could argue that Thor approaches Superman's durability but looking at the vast number of their appearances, and I have followed both characters closely, Superman is decidedly more durable than Thor.

Youre using arguments that can't be supported, as Antimonitor and Galactus are not the same character, and so Superman being knocked out by Antimonitor and Thor not being knocked out by Galactus doesnt prove anything.

To make those arguments you would need at least the same character for both of them to have fought. Someone you ignored. Say Hulk. Hulk has been in several long, drawn out fights with Thor. Though Thor had great showings he has never had as good of showings against the Hulk as Superman has. But, again that doesnt mean anything. First off the Superman showings are crossovers, which are usually decided on popularity of the character, whether by fan vote or by the companies themselves not allowing their signature characters to look bad. Secondly there is no way to prove that the characters are using the same level of force against each other, so judging durability on how someone has stood up in combat is never a great way to do so. Besides one can always find scans of Thor being physically hurt by the Wrecking Crew, all of whom could only lift ten tons.

Carrying more weight are their showings against known weapons. Superman always being shown to take artillery fire and massive explosions, while Thor often has to block heavy cannon fire with his hammer as well as dodge or catch artillery shells and very rarely is shown to stand up to more dangerous weapons without blocking them with Mjolnir."

Well most of the stuff there I don't have to defend. First show me where Thor is hurt by a cutting blade cause in marvel I don't recall him getting hurt by anyblade infact lets look at his invulnerability for a second

INVULNERABILITY: The following are historical examples of incredibly devastating forces that has been used against Thor. Thor has survived each of these highly Lethal attacks, and most of the time have come out unscathed. A) Thor has been on the receiving end of Zeus and Blitziana's LIGHTNING bolts. B) Thor withstood a barrage of ARTILLARY fire with ease, and a Heat Seeking Missile- see Thor480, and Thor-247; C) and in the J. Kirby's days Thor used to test his invulnerability by having a Cobalt Bomb explode next to him. D) Kang's Dissolution blast to the EXTREME did not fell Thor-Avengers-143, and in Avengers-295 Mechanosaurus struck Thor with a Megahertz Artillery fire that would easily destroy any vehicle to pieces- with no visible effect on Thor (Note: even bullets from a powerful sub-machine gun can't hope to accomplish the same amount of penetration or destruction that could a Megahertz artillery attack by Mechnanosaurus). In Avengers-5-pg 20- it explicitly stated that nothing, not even an ATOMIC BLAST could injure Thor, or his hammer. E) Thor resisted the full power of the Man from Saturn's Graviton ray-Thor-255. F) Thor withstood the Thermal Man's HEAT blast that could melt Tanks instantly, also, Thor was insensitive to the Lava Man's attack- see Avengers 5. In addition, Thor withstood a direct hit by Firelord's Cosmic Flame with absolutely no dire visible effect on him- Thor-306, and Ghost Rider's Flame proved to be totally ineffectual against Thor, as well- Avengers-214, and when the Planet Ego raised his internal heat temperature to the EXTREME, it had no affect on Thor-See Thor-133. G) Thor was unaffected by an Alien Freeze Ray-Avengers-14 (vol.1). H) In terms of indescribable sheer Magical, and Cosmic power, for instance, Thor was just temporarily stunned by Ego's pulsating energy attack that would, physically, have rendered AN ENTIRE RACE UNCOUNSCIOUS- Thor-133. In addition, Thor withstood blast by Odin-Thor-241, by the Celestials-Thor-300, and by a space Armada-Avengers-Annual7. However, the three most impressive testimony events that showed Thor's invulnerability, however, was when he, almost, took a direct hit by a Doomsday Bomb that was capable of destroying an entire planet, and soon after that explosion Thor felt from space to a planet called Pangoria-see Thor387. Also, Thor resisted the weight of Multitude of Planets-Thor Annual-9, and the Gravity of a Neutron Star-Thor-282. The other event took place when Thor paid an uninvited visit to ATUM in the Sun's core. If you think that this wasn't enough, Thor has survive incredible physical punishment by the likes of the Destroyer, Durok, the Mangog, Surtur- Thor-351, by the Devourer-Marvel Two In One-23, The Thermal Man, Terminus, the 300,000 ft. tall Rhun god when he swatted Thor aside-Thor220, and the Celestial- The One Above All- when he not only swatted Thor aside, but did hurled at him unnumbered tons of delicate machinery at him with no significant adverse effect on Thor-See Thor-288.

After your done reading through that post a pic of him getting hurt by a bullet or this magical blade.

Also you say galactus was being used that. Don't make me laugh and don't post crap like that. If you look correctly Marvel used the same version of galactus for both character and superman was even given more power and still lost. So please unless Thor fought a weaker version Superman lost to the same one that lost to Thor.

You say the wrecking crew lifts about 10 tons?? So doomsday lifts about 50 right?? Last time I checked they lifts about 40 tons. If you want I can show you the fight where Thor crushes the wrecking crew to the point where they run away from him and he's going after them. Also you wanna downgrade Thor now with weak people. Why has superman been hurt by batman huh? I know he had the ring but still he lifts like about what 200 pounds. If superman was so durable he should have been able to take it like a man and return the favor. Frankly thats pretty sad. If you say Thor lost to a bunch of people and this is a group that lifts 40 tons but you say ten. At least they weren't human. Also Thor beat the infinity watch. Thats a hell of alot stronger then the wrecking crew.

#63 Posted by the creator (8570 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"After your done reading through that post a pic of him getting hurt by a bullet or this magical blade."

You have been provided with an example of Asgardians being injured by bullets, in a different thread. That occurred in the later run of the old Thor comic when Asgard was under attack (it may have been in the King Thor storyline).

"Also you say galactus was being used that. Don't make me laugh and don't post crap like that. If you look correctly Marvel used the same version of galactus for both character and superman was even given more power and still lost. So please unless Thor fought a weaker version Superman lost to the same one that lost to Thor."

Well Thor did lose to Superman in the Avengers/JLA crossover as well.

"You say the wrecking crew lifts about 10 tons?? So doomsday lifts about 50 right?? Last time I checked they lifts about 40 tons."

No Marvel says that the Wrecking Crew can lift 10 tonnes each. It is the Wrecker, when possessed of all the power of the 4 members that can lift 40 tonnes.

The reason that it is 40 tonnes was that way back when Loki was depowered and he summoned Karnilla to help him, she appeared, mistook the Wrecker in his civilian ID for Loki and granted him physical attributes instead. Therefore Loki can lift approx 40 tonnes and so could the Wrecker.

When the Wrecker weas imprisoned and escaped with the help of the other 3 members of the soon to be wrecking crew, the Wreckers magical prybar was struck by lightning while the 4 allies were holding it. This spread the Wreckers total strength amongst the 4. Therefore 40 tonnes divided by 4 is 10 tonnes a piece.

As for Doomsday lifting 50 tonnes.....

Where do you get this crap from ?

What source says Doomsday can lift 50 tonnes ?

That is obviously you trying to put him in to the Marvel strength scale. Do you honestly think that Ms Marvel (a 50 tonner) is as strong as Doomsday. Does she hit harder than a large nuke ?

How about the Thing. Is he stronger than Doomsday ? Does he hit harder than a large nuke ?

"Why has superman been hurt by batman huh? I know he had the ring but still he lifts like about what 200 pounds. If superman was so durable he should have been able to take it like a man and return the favor. Frankly thats pretty sad. If you say Thor lost to a bunch of people and this is a group that lifts 40 tons but you say ten. At least they weren't human. Also Thor beat the infinity watch. Thats a hell of alot stronger then the wrecking crew."

How could Batman hurt Superman. With a kryptonite ring. Even though you answer your own question you seem ignorant of the reasoning. Around Kryptonite Supermans powers are nullified. Therefore in close proximity to the ring he is no more powerful than a atheletic man. As for Batman being able to lift 200 lbs, you are way off. Daredevil has been shown to lift around the 400 - 500lb mark so I would think that Batman could at least equal that feat and maybe a little more as Batman is a bigger man (and hence should have more muscle mass). So around 550 lbs might be more accurate.

You think that it’s pretty sad for a man to be beaten up by one of the greatest fighters in the world, who has honed his body to close to it’s physical perfection ?

There are not many extremely talented fighters who could stand up to Batman so him beating up a powerless Superman seems very reasonable to me.

You keep making the point about Thor being able to fight Cap America without any of his powers and his hands tied up (or the like).

Tell me this, how do you remove all of Thor's superhuman durability when at least part of this durability comes from the higher density of Asgardian flesh. How does Thor suddenly lose 400 lbs of mass to make his flesh the same density as the human he is fighting ? In fact how does Thor actually stand up anymore as he weighs in excess of 650 lbs. To remain standing and moving he would need to retain a certain level of enhanced strength that would certainly be above human limits.

Please explain this or better yet as you asked Forever - post the scans.

Thor was beating the Infinity Watch when he had the power gem. Before that, the Infinity Watch were cautious in their attacks as they did not want to hurt Thor.

#64 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice post man.

#65 Posted by the creator (8570 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Nice post man."

This is my method of contributing to the vine as I don't submit pages. This way I can help educate and enlighten.

#66 Posted by lboy (583 posts) - - Show Bio

thor, becuase flash is as fast as lightning not faster.

#67 Posted by the creator (8570 posts) - - Show Bio

lboy says:

"thor, becuase flash is as fast as lightning not faster."

Actually Flash is as fast as Light which is faster than lightning travels.

#68 Posted by zee crusher (9066 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"zee crusher says:
"After your done reading through that post a pic of him getting hurt by a bullet or this magical blade."

You have been provided with an example of Asgardians being injured by bullets, in a different thread. That occurred in the later run of the old Thor comic when Asgard was under attack (it may have been in the King Thor storyline).

"Also you say galactus was being used that. Don't make me laugh and don't post crap like that. If you look correctly Marvel used the same version of galactus for both character and superman was even given more power and still lost. So please unless Thor fought a weaker version Superman lost to the same one that lost to Thor."

Well Thor did lose to Superman in the Avengers/JLA crossover as well.

"You say the wrecking crew lifts about 10 tons?? So doomsday lifts about 50 right?? Last time I checked they lifts about 40 tons."

No Marvel says that the Wrecking Crew can lift 10 tonnes each. It is the Wrecker, when possessed of all the power of the 4 members that can lift 40 tonnes.

The reason that it is 40 tonnes was that way back when Loki was depowered and he summoned Karnilla to help him, she appeared, mistook the Wrecker in his civilian ID for Loki and granted him physical attributes instead. Therefore Loki can lift approx 40 tonnes and so could the Wrecker.

When the Wrecker weas imprisoned and escaped with the help of the other 3 members of the soon to be wrecking crew, the Wreckers magical prybar was struck by lightning while the 4 allies were holding it. This spread the Wreckers total strength amongst the 4. Therefore 40 tonnes divided by 4 is 10 tonnes a piece.

As for Doomsday lifting 50 tonnes.....

Where do you get this crap from ?

What source says Doomsday can lift 50 tonnes ?

That is obviously you trying to put him in to the Marvel strength scale. Do you honestly think that Ms Marvel (a 50 tonner) is as strong as Doomsday. Does she hit harder than a large nuke ?

How about the Thing. Is he stronger than Doomsday ? Does he hit harder than a large nuke ?

"Why has superman been hurt by batman huh? I know he had the ring but still he lifts like about what 200 pounds. If superman was so durable he should have been able to take it like a man and return the favor. Frankly thats pretty sad. If you say Thor lost to a bunch of people and this is a group that lifts 40 tons but you say ten. At least they weren't human. Also Thor beat the infinity watch. Thats a hell of alot stronger then the wrecking crew."

How could Batman hurt Superman. With a kryptonite ring. Even though you answer your own question you seem ignorant of the reasoning. Around Kryptonite Supermans powers are nullified. Therefore in close proximity to the ring he is no more powerful than a atheletic man. As for Batman being able to lift 200 lbs, you are way off. Daredevil has been shown to lift around the 400 - 500lb mark so I would think that Batman could at least equal that feat and maybe a little more as Batman is a bigger man (and hence should have more muscle mass). So around 550 lbs might be more accurate.

You think that it’s pretty sad for a man to be beaten up by one of the greatest fighters in the world, who has honed his body to close to it’s physical perfection ?

There are not many extremely talented fighters who could stand up to Batman so him beating up a powerless Superman seems very reasonable to me.

You keep making the point about Thor being able to fight Cap America without any of his powers and his hands tied up (or the like).

Tell me this, how do you remove all of Thor's superhuman durability when at least part of this durability comes from the higher density of Asgardian flesh. How does Thor suddenly lose 400 lbs of mass to make his flesh the same density as the human he is fighting ? In fact how does Thor actually stand up anymore as he weighs in excess of 650 lbs. To remain standing and moving he would need to retain a certain level of enhanced strength that would certainly be above human limits.

Please explain this or better yet as you asked Forever - post the scans.

Thor was beating the Infinity Watch when he had the power gem. Before that, the Infinity Watch were cautious in their attacks as they did not want to hurt Thor.

"

Well most of that you made no sense. First off in Thors early comics he was never hit by bullets infact he blocked them with his hammer. Thor was known for using his hammer for just about anything. Also I posted something and I shall post it again since you don't read Thor comics you only ASSUME he can get hurt by bullets.

INVULNERABILITY: The following are historical examples of incredibly devastating forces that has been used against Thor. Thor has survived each of these highly Lethal attacks, and most of the time have come out unscathed. A) Thor has been on the receiving end of Zeus and Blitziana's LIGHTNING bolts. B) Thor withstood a barrage of ARTILLARY fire with ease, and a Heat Seeking Missile- see Thor480, and Thor-247; C) and in the J. Kirby's days Thor used to test his invulnerability by having a Cobalt Bomb explode next to him. D) Kang's Dissolution blast to the EXTREME did not fell Thor-Avengers-143, and in Avengers-295 Mechanosaurus struck Thor with a Megahertz Artillery fire that would easily destroy any vehicle to pieces- with no visible effect on Thor (Note: even bullets from a powerful sub-machine gun can't hope to accomplish the same amount of penetration or destruction that could a Megahertz artillery attack by Mechnanosaurus). In Avengers-5-pg 20- it explicitly stated that nothing, not even an ATOMIC BLAST could injure Thor, or his hammer. E) Thor resisted the full power of the Man from Saturn's Graviton ray-Thor-255. F) Thor withstood the Thermal Man's HEAT blast that could melt Tanks instantly, also, Thor was insensitive to the Lava Man's attack- see Avengers 5. In addition, Thor withstood a direct hit by Firelord's Cosmic Flame with absolutely no dire visible effect on him- Thor-306, and Ghost Rider's Flame proved to be totally ineffectual against Thor, as well- Avengers-214, and when the Planet Ego raised his internal heat temperature to the EXTREME, it had no affect on Thor-See Thor-133. G) Thor was unaffected by an Alien Freeze Ray-Avengers-14 (vol.1). H) In terms of indescribable sheer Magical, and Cosmic power, for instance, Thor was just temporarily stunned by Ego's pulsating energy attack that would, physically, have rendered AN ENTIRE RACE UNCOUNSCIOUS- Thor-133. In addition, Thor withstood blast by Odin-Thor-241, by the Celestials-Thor-300, and by a space Armada-Avengers-Annual7. However, the three most impressive testimony events that showed Thor's invulnerability, however, was when he, almost, took a direct hit by a Doomsday Bomb that was capable of destroying an entire planet, and soon after that explosion Thor felt from space to a planet called Pangoria-see Thor387. Also, Thor resisted the weight of Multitude of Planets-Thor Annual-9, and the Gravity of a Neutron Star-Thor-282. The other event took place when Thor paid an uninvited visit to ATUM in the Sun's core. If you think that this wasn't enough, Thor has survive incredible physical punishment by the likes of the Destroyer, Durok, the Mangog, Surtur- Thor-351, by the Devourer-Marvel Two In One-23, The Thermal Man, Terminus, the 300,000 ft. tall Rhun god when he swatted Thor aside-Thor220, and the Celestial- The One Above All- when he not only swatted Thor aside, but did hurled at him unnumbered tons of delicate machinery at him with no significant adverse effect on Thor-See Thor-288.

Read that till it sinks in okay?? It pretty much shows how much more durable Thor is then superman. It shows how you like making up stuff and using illogical stuff on Thor isn't true.

Also you didn't read when Thor beat the infinity watch obviously right?? It sounds to me like this could be your first time hearing it or you went to wiki. Let me tell you what happened. The infinity watch jumped Thor. Thor didn't have the power gem. By the time Thor got the power gem he had already beaten everybody. Then when he got the power gem he was in warriors madness and had actually become a threat to the universe. Superman losing control even with the power gem would never be considered a threat to the universe.

I was just making that up about doomsday. Since you guys make up stuff all the time about Thor with out any proof I can't say one wrong thing about doomsday??

You can't use Thor vs superman fight. I don't know if you are ignorant or just wanna keep saying that but that fight is fanbased. Superman when he fought galactus wasn't fan based. In a real fight superman would have got his entire arm completely shattered from grabbing Thors hammer. From the fact it can destroy planets as well as its magic. Superman doesn't do well on magic so for him to grab Thors hammer but not be able to grab wonder womans sword doesn't make any sense in the least bit.

You say its impossible to take away Thors power huh?? That made no sense what so ever. Now your sounding real desperate for an excuse. First Off Odin has done this before to thor, loki and some other girl. So what type of dumbsh!t is that to say you can't take away his powers?? Another time Odin turned Thor into a human obviously If you have3,000 comics or more if you stated and I seem to have to tell you this stuff you don't have even over 100 comics.

Also the king Thor thing you speak off. Well for some odd reason everything was hurting him did you notice that?? Captain america was even able to knock him off his feat. When dr.strange suppressed the Odin force he had to fight hulk and thing for a few hours and killed them at the cost of his arm. However through out the whole comic I don't recall him ever getting hurt by a bullet. So again I don't know whether you actually read the comic or got this from wiki.

Also you say he lost to the wrecking crew. Wow. Did you see last time they had fought?? Did you not notice how they were running for there lives?? When you guys keep saying he lost to the wrecking crew you keep going back to when they were first made. Of course he would lose. Most of the time Thor lost to knew villains or they got away. Superman however still lost to batman with a GL ring. I think thats worst. At least the crew had powers and it was more then one. Batman was on guy and you say he lifts about 550 pounds but either way he lost to a human with a fake six pack. Superman lost to worse.

Lastly in terms of invulnerability when superman actually fights a real threat by himself or just a real threat you can actually say his is higher then Thors but still then I don't see him facing off against anybody like Surtur stronger elemental in the marvel universe, destroy made of one of the stronger marvel substances, 20,000 ft celestial thousands if not millions of years ahead in technology with body harder then adamntium. I don't see superman taking out foes like these.

#69 Posted by Logic Mark III (2132 posts) - - Show Bio

It sort of doesnt matter, but when combat starts how far away are the combatants? Im just thinking in terms of this whole 'blitz before Thor can think to fly' thing. I know the Flash could cover any distance in mere moments, but to make it slightly fair on Thor [not that i think his blitz could do a thing to stop Thor from thinking either to fly or send Mjolnir to do the killing] shouldnt he be given enough time to form at least one thought?

#70 Posted by the creator (8570 posts) - - Show Bio

Logic Mark III says:

"It sort of doesnt matter, but when combat starts how far away are the combatants? Im just thinking in terms of this whole 'blitz before Thor can think to fly' thing. I know the Flash could cover any distance in mere moments, but to make it slightly fair on Thor [not that i think his blitz could do a thing to stop Thor from thinking either to fly or send Mjolnir to do the killing] shouldnt he be given enough time to form at least one thought?"

Why, that deliberately does not permit Flash to use his abilities to their fullest advantage.

Avatar image for vlad_tepes_dracula
#71 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2223 posts) - - Show Bio
#72 Posted by Forever (4313 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Well most of the stuff there I don't have to defend. First show me where Thor is hurt by a cutting blade cause in marvel I don't recall him getting hurt by anyblade infact lets look at his invulnerability for a second INVULNERABILITY: The following are historical examples of incredibly devastating forces that has been used against Thor. Thor has survived each of these highly Lethal attacks, and most of the time have come out unscathed. A) Thor has been on the receiving end of Zeus and Blitziana's LIGHTNING bolts."

A meaningless example. How much damage do their lightning bolts do? Is Thor not the Asgardian God of Thunder? Haven't we heard it stated repeatedly that lightning has no effect on him? Even Zues and Blitziana's magical lightning may have less of an affect on Thor simply because it is lightning. So this example does little to nothing to say how invulnerable Thor is.

"B) Thor withstood a barrage of ARTILLARY fire with ease, and a Heat Seeking Missile- see Thor480, and Thor-247;"

Both things that are well below Superman's level of durability. We are comparing him to Superman here. And refresh my memory as to whether he was holding his hammer at the time. This is his typical means of defense from most devastating attacks.

"C) and in the J. Kirby's days Thor used to test his invulnerability by having a Cobalt Bomb explode next to him."

And just how devastating is this cobalt bomb? Is it anywhere near as powerful as a nuclear explosion, which Superman has withstood with ease? Why are you giving examples that are far below Superman's invulnerability when you are trying to claim he is more invulnerable than Superman?

"D) Kang's Dissolution blast to the EXTREME did not fell Thor-Avengers-143,"

A dissolution blast would by definition be something akin to a disintegrator, which we have seen Superman withstand on numerous occassions. You would need to prove that Kang's dissolution weapon is more powerful than the disintegration weapons that Superman withstood and you couldnt possibly do that because the weapons were never compared.

"and in Avengers-295 Mechanosaurus struck Thor with a Megahertz Artillery fire that would easily destroy any vehicle to pieces- with no visible effect on Thor (Note: even bullets from a powerful sub-machine gun can't hope to accomplish the same amount of penetration or destruction that could a Megahertz artillery attack by Mechnanosaurus)."

A weapon that does more penetration damage than a powerful sub-machine gun? And that's being used to compare him to Superman?

"In Avengers-5-pg 20- it explicitly stated that nothing, not even an ATOMIC BLAST could injure Thor, or his hammer."

Interesting considering he's been hurt by far less. Again I point to the Wrecking Crew hurting him with their attacks. They are considerably less potent than an atomic blast.

"E) Thor resisted the full power of the Man from Saturn's Graviton ray-Thor-255."

Gravity? That's more of a strength feat then a durability feat, unless this ray was stated to be trying to cave him in on himself like a black hole. No, I think the ray was just trying to hold him down against the ground and he showed the requisite strength to stand up and move even under it's effects. Post a scan if it is otherwise.

"F) Thor withstood the Thermal Man's HEAT blast that could melt Tanks instantly,"

Melt tanks? Why bring this up? Both of Superman and Thor have been inside the sun before. They are both quite resistant to heat, but then that doesn't say anything about the amount of force that they can stand up to.

"also, Thor was insensitive to the Lava Man's attack- see Avengers 5. In addition, Thor withstood a direct hit by Firelord's Cosmic Flame with absolutely no dire visible effect on him- Thor-306, and Ghost Rider's Flame proved to be totally ineffectual against Thor, as well- Avengers-214, and when the Planet Ego raised his internal heat temperature to the EXTREME, it had no affect on Thor-See Thor-133."

All heat resistance feats, except perhaps the Ghost Rider part, which would be him withstanding the spiritual flame that Ghost Rider usually uses. That's also not a invulnerability feat against force, by the way.

"G) Thor was unaffected by an Alien Freeze Ray-Avengers-14 (vol.1)."

Resistance to cold, again not what we were talking about. Are you just padding your post to make it seem more impressive because it's longer? No, I think youve gone to some site and copied and pasted everything they've said about Thor's invulnerability when none of what you have posted has put him above Superman in any way.

"H) In terms of indescribable sheer Magical, and Cosmic power, for instance, Thor was just temporarily stunned by Ego's pulsating energy attack that would, physically, have rendered AN ENTIRE RACE UNCOUNSCIOUS- Thor-133."

But this energy attack would have left all of them alive, so not a very forceful attack. We were discussing who could take more physical damage or stand up to a more devastatingly forceful attack. This attack is one that an entire race can withstand, they would just be knocked out. Wow.

"In addition, Thor withstood blast by Odin-Thor-241, by the Celestials-Thor-300, and by a space Armada-Avengers-Annual7."

Again youre posting things without anything solid behind them. It's like me saying that Superman withstood an attack from the Antimonitor and using that as proof of how durable Superman is. How hard was the hit? Was it with all of the Antimonitor's strength? Just how much strength is that? How much of an effect would it have had on someone else? We dont know the answers to any of those questions in the example I gave you or in what you quoted for me, so we have no way of knowing just how impressive those feats were. It shows us next to nothing.

"However, the three most impressive testimony events that showed Thor's invulnerability, however, was when he, almost, took a direct hit by a Doomsday Bomb that was capable of destroying an entire planet, and soon after that explosion Thor felt from space to a planet called Pangoria-see Thor387."

Now youre actually showing something with some weight behind it. That is an impressive high end feat. But remember Superman withstood an explosion that wiped out a solar system and we are looking not only at high end showings but consistent showings of durability. How do you suppose someone who can survive a near direct hit by a planet destroying doomsday bomb is actually being hurt by four guys who aren't even stronger than Spider-Man?

"Also, Thor resisted the weight of Multitude of Planets-Thor Annual-9, and the Gravity of a Neutron Star-Thor-282. The other event took place when Thor paid an uninvited visit to ATUM in the Sun's core. If you think that this wasn't enough, Thor has survive incredible physical punishment by the likes of the Destroyer, Durok, the Mangog, Surtur- Thor-351, by the Devourer-Marvel Two In One-23, The Thermal Man, Terminus, the 300,000 ft. tall Rhun god when he swatted Thor aside-Thor220, and the Celestial- The One Above All- when he not only swatted Thor aside, but did hurled at him unnumbered tons of delicate machinery at him with no significant adverse effect on Thor-See Thor-288."

This all falls under the same things I have been saying during this entire post. How much force is being used against him? This is why at the end of my post I stated that the best way to determine someone's invulnerability was to compare his resistance to the force of a known weapon. For an example, Doomsday is considered extremely powerful and probably stronger than Superman. You would think that it would be very impressive to survive a punch thrown by him and yet not only did Superman survive his attacks, but several members of the JLA survived being hit by him. Spider-Man's survived being hit by the Hulk. Batman's survived being pummeled by a Superman who thought he was Darkseid... This is why showings against other characters do not necessarily prove anything about how invulnerable a character is.

You've read Thor, you mean to tell me that you've never seen him being hurt by a blade or having to block bullets by spinning his hammer? I know I have.

Please try and remember that you and I are friends and refrain from insinuating that I am posting crap. Have I attacked you? Have I ever attacked you? Try and remember we are having a friendly debate here and not to make anything personal out of it. Tell me when Superman fought Galactus, because the Thor vs. Galactus battle that you are referring to was in the 60s and Galactus was indead being used that way. He has changed considerably since then. So Superman actually faced Galactus in the 60s, then they did indeed face different versions of Galactus. But more than that, you can face the same character in the same era and still face a different version, depending on how the writer wants the fight to go down. Tell me why Thor didn't utterly defeat Galactus on his own during Secret Wars. If he is as close to Galactus as he appeared in that earlier comic, surely with the help of so many other heroes he should have been able to stand up to Galactus, even without the machinery that he was using in the earlier comic.

You might want to check again. The Wrecker lifts 40 tons on his own but when he shares the power with his three friends, it is split four ways and so they all can lift 10 tons. Even if they have changed this recently, that is the way that they have been all the way through the 90s in all of those fights that they had with Thor. And no Doomsday does not lift 50 tons, more like hundreds of thousands of tons at least.

"If you want I can show you the fight where Thor crushes the wrecking crew to the point where they run away from him and he's going after them."

Sure but I bet you in those same scans you can see him being hurt by their attacks. Someone as durable as youre making him out to be shouldnt even feel their attacks. Post the scans if you want, and we can look them over.

"Also you wanna downgrade Thor now with weak people. Why has superman been hurt by batman huh? I know he had the ring but still he lifts like about what 200 pounds. If superman was so durable he should have been able to take it like a man and return the favor."

You answered your own question. The ring you refer to is a Kryptonite ring. While the Kryptonite is affecting him Superman would feel things the same way a normal man would, so of course Batman's punches would hurt him, especially if he gets hit with the ring hand. The Kryptonite is slowly killing him and being hit by it would be even more devastating then being bathed in it's radiation.

"Frankly thats pretty sad. If you say Thor lost to a bunch of people and this is a group that lifts 40 tons but you say ten. At least they weren't human. Also Thor beat the infinity watch. Thats a hell of alot stronger then the wrecking crew."

I already went into this but let me point something else out to you my friend. Beating the Infinity Watch doesn't mean youre invulnerable. If no one lays a hand on you, or when they do hit you it is not with much force, either because they cant generate that much or because they are actually friends of yours who dont want to hurt you, then youre durability is not tested. You have to look deeper and get beyond your hatred for Superman. I love Thor as much as anyone but it's fairly clear that he has not been depicted with the same level of durability as Superman has.

#73 Posted by Forever (4313 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"This is my method of contributing to the vine as I don't submit pages. This way I can help educate and enlighten."

And youre doing an excellent job.

#74 Posted by Logic Mark III (2132 posts) - - Show Bio

@ The Creator: How doesnt it allow him to use his abilities? It allows them both to use their abilities. As it means they both have to actually get to their enemy, and since Speed is the Flash's thing its not like any kind of Earthly distance is going to be anything much for him to cover. Heck i could say that Thor should start off flying otherwise he isnt being allowed to use his abilities to the fullest against a ground based speedster.

#75 Posted by the creator (8570 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Well most of that you made no sense."

Well most other people can understand me. As Apparition said in another thread, you don't seem to understand what I say to you. Is that because apparently you hate me ?

"First off in Thors early comics he was never hit by bullets infact he blocked them with his hammer. Thor was known for using his hammer for just about anything. Also I posted something and I shall post it again since you don't read Thor comics you only ASSUME he can get hurt by bullets."

So the large stack of Thor comics I have in storage don't count then. How about all of the Avengers comics he also appeared in. You ask for proof and when it does not jive with your narrow view, you dismiss it.

Asgardians have been hurt by bullets. Hercules has been wounded ny bullets. Accept it and move on.

"INVULNERABILITY: The following are historical examples of incredibly devastating forces that has been used against Thor. Thor has survived each of these highly Lethal attacks, and most of the time have come out unscathed. A) Thor has been on the receiving end of Zeus and Blitziana's LIGHTNING bolts."

Wow, this first one must have been a killer as he is the God of Lightning....

"B) Thor withstood a barrage of ARTILLARY fire with ease, and a Heat Seeking Missile- see Thor480, and Thor-247; C) and in the J. Kirby's days Thor used to test his invulnerability by having a Cobalt Bomb explode next to him. D) Kang's Dissolution blast to the EXTREME did not fell Thor-Avengers-143, and in Avengers-295 Mechanosaurus struck Thor with a Megahertz Artillery fire that would easily destroy any vehicle to pieces- with no visible effect on Thor (Note: even bullets from a powerful sub-machine gun can't hope to accomplish the same amount of penetration or destruction that could a Megahertz artillery attack by Mechnanosaurus)."

Did any of these involve blocking with his hammer or spinning it to deflect any of the energies ?

And yet Asgardians and Hercules have all be wounded by bullets....

"In Avengers-5-pg 20- it explicitly stated that nothing, not even an ATOMIC BLAST could injure Thor, or his hammer."

I tend to ignore this quote as it was from a very long time ago (the 1960's in fact) and characters powers and abilities have become a little more clear since then. Hopefully the 'new power of the week' days are gone and characters should display a more even power level from comic to comic.

"E) Thor resisted the full power of the Man from Saturn's Graviton ray-Thor-255."

Zee, how powerful was this attack ? Was it equivalent to a tonne ot TNT ? or 10 tonnes of TNT ? Was it a penetrative type of attack ?

Post the scan if it would help the discussion.

"F) Thor withstood the Thermal Man's HEAT blast that could melt Tanks instantly, also, Thor was insensitive to the Lava Man's attack- see Avengers 5."

Zee, how hot was this attack ? Did you actaully read the comic to see that the heat blast could melt a tank instantly (as instantly implies it took no time what so ever) ?

"In addition, Thor withstood a direct hit by Firelord's Cosmic Flame with absolutely no dire visible effect on him- Thor-306, and Ghost Rider's Flame proved to be totally ineffectual against Thor, as well- Avengers-214, and when the Planet Ego raised his internal heat temperature to the EXTREME, it had no affect on Thor-See Thor-133. G) Thor was unaffected by an Alien Freeze Ray-Avengers-14 (vol.1). H) In terms of indescribable sheer Magical, and Cosmic power, for instance, Thor was just temporarily stunned by Ego's pulsating energy attack that would, physically, have rendered AN ENTIRE RACE UNCOUNSCIOUS- Thor-133. In addition, Thor withstood blast by Odin-Thor-241, by the Celestials-Thor-300, and by a space Armada-Avengers-Annual7. However, the three most impressive testimony events that showed Thor's invulnerability, however, was when he, almost, took a direct hit by a Doomsday Bomb that was capable of destroying an entire planet, and soon after that explosion Thor felt from space to a planet called Pangoria-see Thor387. Also, Thor resisted the weight of Multitude of Planets-Thor Annual-9, and the Gravity of a Neutron Star-Thor-282. The other event took place when Thor paid an uninvited visit to ATUM in the Sun's core. If you think that this wasn't enough, Thor has survive incredible physical punishment by the likes of the Destroyer, Durok, the Mangog, Surtur- Thor-351, by the Devourer-Marvel Two In One-23, The Thermal Man, Terminus, the 300,000 ft. tall Rhun god when he swatted Thor aside-Thor220, and the Celestial- The One Above All- when he not only swatted Thor aside, but did hurled at him unnumbered tons of delicate machinery at him with no significant adverse effect on Thor-See Thor-288. Read that till it sinks in okay?? It pretty much shows how much more durable Thor is then superman."

All quite impressive but then we are not really talking about Thor's durability compared to Superman now are we.

You have been provided with 2 relatively recent examples of Asgardians and an Olympian God (so similar in the nature of their durability to Thor) being injured by bullets.

Asgardians do not appear to be bullet proof.

All those issues quoted above - have you read them all or are you going just with the information listed above. If have not read the comics then you have likely missed the 'flavour' of the scene and may have missed some important information, to put actions in to context.

"It shows how you like making up stuff and using illogical stuff on Thor isn't true."

Don't judge me by your standards. You have admitted to making stuff up so stop trying to say others do.

When they made you they broke the mold and that was not a compliment.

As for logical arguments, just because you cannot follow them (when most others can) does not make them illogical.

"Also you didn't read when Thor beat the infinity watch obviously right?? It sounds to me like this could be your first time hearing it or you went to wiki."

No, I have the entre set running through the various titles.

Again don't judge me by your standards.

"Let me tell you what happened. The infinity watch jumped Thor. Thor didn't have the power gem. By the time Thor got the power gem he had already beaten everybody. Then when he got the power gem he was in warriors madness and had actually become a threat to the universe."

And you don't think that the Infinity Watch would have 'pulled their blows' to avaoid killing their friend and comrade!

What planet did you say you hailed from again ?

Yes and finish the story now. Thanos encapsulated Thor in a force block but that would not hold him forever. When they reached Asgard they had to fight their way in across the Rainbow Bridge as Thanos was with them. Thanos had his showdown fight with Odin (with an assist from Silver Surfer who was taken out by Odin early on). Odin finally attempted to cure Thor by invading his mind/spirit to remove the malignacy of the warriors madness 9that had been seen through out as Warrior Woman to Thor's mind).

That was from memory so again don't judge me by your feeble standards. I may not have a photographic memory but it's close.

"Superman losing control even with the power gem would never be considered a threat to the universe."

Again with the Superman hate. Just get off it will you or do you suffer from Superman envy ?

"I was just making that up about doomsday."

Really! You must be joking with us! Who else would have thought that Doomsday could lift 50 tonnes apart from you. Anyway it goes to show other viners that you just make stuff up to support your arguments.

I will have to speak to Methos about having a health disclaimer put on all you postings - "Danger - this person makes stuff up when he cannot make a logical argument"

What do you think ?

"Since you guys make up stuff all the time about Thor with out any proof I can't say one wrong thing about doomsday??"

You have had the proof for Asgardians and Olympians being injured by gunfire 3 times now. It is not made up and one of the comics was only realsed a few months ago.

Again you just ignore it. As for saying something wrong about Doomsday - let's be truthful now, you say things wrong in many of your posts, not just about doomsday.

I tend to see it that you are an equally opportunity liar - you'll lie about anything.

"You can't use Thor vs superman fight. I don't know if you are ignorant or just wanna keep saying that but that fight is fanbased. Superman when he fought galactus wasn't fan based."

The Avngers/JLA crossover was not fan based in the sense of people casting votes to see who won. This was a comic published between Marvel and DC. They must have discussed the plotline and they agreed - at the highest levels of the 2 companies - that Superman beats Thor. Just get over it already.

"In a real fight superman would have got his entire arm completely shattered from grabbing Thors hammer. From the fact it can destroy planets as well as its magic."

Show me an example where grabbing Mjolnir has the power to shatter a planet please.

"Superman doesn't do well on magic so for him to grab Thors hammer but not be able to grab wonder womans sword doesn't make any sense in the least bit. You say its impossible to take away Thors power huh?? That made no sense what so ever. Now your sounding real desperate for an excuse. First Off Odin has done this before to thor, loki and some other girl. So what type of dumbsh!t is that to say you can't take away his powers?? Another time Odin turned Thor into a human obviously."

I am ignoring the bit about Superman again as your Superman envy playing up.

Anyway, you brought Superman up originally in this thread so again enough with the S-man hate.

"If you have3,000 comics or more if you stated and I seem to have to tell you this stuff you don't have even over 100 comics."

As they still remain in storage while my new house is renovated, this is an issue but as soon as they are back with me I will take a picture and post it just for you.

I caption the thread as "Here's something else you were wrong about Zee!".

"Also the king Thor thing you speak off. Well for some odd reason everything was hurting him did you notice that?? Captain america was even able to knock him off his feat. When dr.strange suppressed the Odin force he had to fight hulk and thing for a few hours and killed them at the cost of his arm. However through out the whole comic I don't recall him ever getting hurt by a bullet. So again I don't know whether you actually read the comic or got this from wiki."

Do you actually read anything that people post before you open your cake hole (and let your fingers do the typing - poorly might I add).

I said that Asgardians were injured in that storyline by bullets, not King Thor.

LEARN TO READ.

"Also you say he lost to the wrecking crew."

You ndropped yet another bo!!ock here again.

I did not say that they defeated Thor. All I described was their strength level.

LEARN TO READ.

"Wow. Did you see last time they had fought?? Did you not notice how they were running for there lives?? When you guys keep saying he lost to the wrecking crew you keep going back to when they were first made. Of course he would lose. Most of the time Thor lost to knew villains or they got away."

Rampblings I choose to ignore again.

"Superman however still lost to batman with a GL ring. I think thats worst."

Back on the S-man hate again.

You should seek help for that hate thing - it could eat you up.....

Anyway, Batman (a human with massive willpower) beating up Superman with 'the most powerful weapon in the universe'.

Interpret that sentence as you will.

"Batman was on guy and you say he lifts about 550 pounds but either way he lost to a human with a fake six pack."

So Batman now has a fake six pack....You Batman hater (is he someone else you envy ?)

I guess all those exercise Batman does won't lend themselves to him developing a six pack.... Only in your mind Zee.

"Superman lost to worse. Lastly in terms of invulnerability when superman actually fights a real threat by himself or just a real threat you can actually say his is higher then Thors but still then I don't see him facing off against anybody like Surtur stronger elemental in the marvel universe, destroy made of one of the stronger marvel substances, 20,000 ft celestial thousands if not millions of years ahead in technology with body harder then adamntium. I don't see superman taking out foes like these."

Back with Superman again.....He is not even mentioned on the thread heading.

I think that you secretly want every thread to have Superman in it so that you can target him for more abuse.

Go on admit it...you envy superman.

#76 Posted by the creator (8570 posts) - - Show Bio

Logic Mark III says:

"@ The Creator: How doesnt it allow him to use his abilities? It allows them both to use their abilities. As it means they both have to actually get to their enemy, and since Speed is the Flash's thing its not like any kind of Earthly distance is going to be anything much for him to cover. Heck i could say that Thor should start off flying otherwise he isnt being allowed to use his abilities to the fullest against a ground based speedster."

Why do you think should Thor start off flying ?

Does he always fly ? No he does not. He has to twirl his hammer and then throw it to take off.

I am not saying that the Flash starts off running either. Both start on the ground and the battle begins.

Flash can virtually instantly acceleate to light speed. This level of uper speed acceleration is beyond most characters. Flash can have attacked and retreated before Thor even realises Flash had moved.

This starts both characters on an even playing field with no prep - which is what allowing Thor to be initially flying would qualify as.

#77 Posted by Static Shock (53045 posts) - - Show Bio

This is hilarious. Forever and Creator controlling the argument. Kudos to both of you.

#78 Posted by the creator (8570 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"The_Creator says:
"This is my method of contributing to the vine as I don't submit pages. This way I can help educate and enlighten."
And youre doing an excellent job."

Thanks.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
#79 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"The_Creator says:

Both of you are. Great work. Pity it's wasted on Zee, but great work nonetheless. Even if he doesn't learn, others will.

#80 Posted by the creator (8570 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Forever says:
"The_Creator says:
Both of you are. Great work. Pity it's wasted on Zee, but great work nonetheless. Even if he doesn't learn, others will.
" />http://www.ecards4homes.org.uk/images/card_images/congrat_2.jpg"

I'm going to frame that.

#81 Posted by Forever (4313 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Both of you are. Great work. Pity it's wasted on Zee, but great work nonetheless. Even if he doesn't learn, others will.
" />http://www.ecards4homes.org.uk/images/card_images/congrat_2.jpg"

Thanks my friend.

#82 Posted by Logic Mark III (2132 posts) - - Show Bio

As i said the distance wouldnt be a problem for the Flash, but if they were standing several meters away surely thats giving the flash some major headstart? So by being seperated by a sizeable distance it gives Thor a chance to have a thought [on the basis of this being current Thor so he could do something like stop time, create some mystical barrier etc]. Regardless even if the Flash does manage to get in before he can think i dont see him doing any type of damage that would take Thor out of the fight before it even started.

#83 Posted by Forever (4313 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Agreed. Forever put in some work son."

Thanks. I do what I can.

Ketch says:

"http://www.eeweek.org/assets/images/black%20Canon%20logo%20S100.jpg"

lol

Static Shock says:

"This is hilarious. Forever and Creator controlling the argument. Kudos to both of you."

Thanks man.

Avatar image for vlad_tepes_dracula
#84 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

So this is Odin Force vs. Speed Force... interesting...

#85 Posted by Ace High (631 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking about this in a different way before. Thor has the thorforce now which adds his own power to Odin's power. What were the chances of the Flash beating Odin?

#86 Posted by the creator (8570 posts) - - Show Bio

Logic Mark III says:

"As i said the distance wouldnt be a problem for the Flash, but if they were standing several meters away surely thats giving the flash some major headstart? So by being seperated by a sizeable distance it gives Thor a chance to have a thought [on the basis of this being current Thor so he could do something like stop time, create some mystical barrier etc]. Regardless even if the Flash does manage to get in before he can think i dont see him doing any type of damage that would take Thor out of the fight before it even started."

Even if thay started several hundred meters away from each other I don't see Thor reacting to the Flash's movement and attack in time.

In running towards Thor, Flash picks up a small stone (the size of a bullet), by the time he reaches Thor , he lets the stone go so that it it travelling at lets say 1/2 the speed of light.

That little stone will be hitting with a massive amount of force - all focussed in to one small area (like a bullet but with at least thousands of times more force).

I think that might do some damage.

At the Flashes speed, he could also choose which area on Thor to traget as well.

Flash could do this with a handful of stones just to drive the point home if he wished.

Alternatively as has been mentioned, he could remove the kinectic energy from Thor's movements and freeze him in place.

This last item would not stop Thor using the Thor power and that could spell the end for the Flash as we have seen the Thor power have a planet wide scope so there would be nowhere for Flash to hide from the powers chosen effects.

#87 Posted by Gottheit (3591 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, come on. I don't think an earthly stone would do all that much to a God of Thunder...I mean, I get that its force is amplified by the speed it travels, etc. etc...but, if Flash threw a stone that fast at Superman, would it hurt Superman?

#88 Posted by Ace High (631 posts) - - Show Bio

You really think a handful of stones would have hurt Odin? I mean the current Thor doesn't just have the Odin force now, he has his full original powerset combined with the Thor force. So effectively he is even more powerful than Odin was. So a handful of rocks, regardless of how far they are moving, is gonna have a limited effect if at all.

#89 Posted by Apparition (11274 posts) - - Show Bio

lol you guys are silly. why would a little piece of metal hurt wonder woman or an asgardian? cause of how fast the bullet is moving. youre acting like no matter how fast a stone is moving, because it's just a little stone, it cant hurt thor. that's just silly.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
#90 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"This wouldn't hurt Superman, for the simple fact that he is able to withstand bullets, so of course stones wouldn't work on him. "

Him being able to take bullets doesn't automatically mean he can take light speed pebbles. The difference in the speed they're traveling is huge.

#91 Posted by Static Shock (53045 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"Hey, come on. I don't think an earthly stone would do all that much to a God of Thunder...I mean, I get that its force is amplified by the speed it travels, etc. etc...but, if Flash threw a stone that fast at Superman, would it hurt Superman?"

Ace High says:

You really think a handful of stones would have hurt Odin? I mean the current Thor doesn't just have the Odin force now, he has his full original powerset combined with the Thor force. So effectively he is even more powerful than Odin was. So a handful of rocks, regardless of how far they are moving, is gonna have a limited effect if at all.

Both of you are completely missing the point. It has been proven time and time again that Asgardians are NOT bulletproof. A stone being thrown as fast as a bullet (or faster because of the Flash) would have the same effect. This wouldn't hurt Superman, for the simple fact that he is able to withstand bullets, so of course stones wouldn't work on him. The same cannot be said for Thor because piercing projectiles moving at high velocities will pierce his skin. Stones can compensate if Flash is throwing them at high velocities.

#92 Posted by Vrakmul (23829 posts) - - Show Bio

A bullet travels at about 1,000 or so feet per second. This is well below 186,000+ Miles per second. At that speeds, something the size of a bus would wipe out the state of new york. and thats the low estimate.

Speed changes everything. At the average meteor impact velocity, a object a quarter of a mile wide could vaporize say, half of a state or more.

Post Edited:2008-05-31 14:07:19

#93 Posted by zee crusher (9066 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Gottheit says:
"Hey, come on. I don't think an earthly stone would do all that much to a God of Thunder...I mean, I get that its force is amplified by the speed it travels, etc. etc...but, if Flash threw a stone that fast at Superman, would it hurt Superman?"

Ace High says:

Both of you are completely missing the point. It has been proven time and time again that Asgardians are NOT bulletproof. A stone being thrown as fast as a bullet (or faster because of the Flash) would have the same effect. This wouldn't hurt Superman, for the simple fact that he is able to withstand bullets, so of course stones wouldn't work on him. The same cannot be said for Thor because piercing projectiles moving at high velocities will pierce his skin. Stones can compensate if Flash is throwing them at high velocities. "

Static your so wrong please pic up some old Thor comics. Thor can resist bullets pretty easily. You have been listening to too many things creator has said. Stones won't pierece Thors skin is flash throws them at high speeds does that even make sense to you?? thors been hit by missles that can take out entire planets I think he can take a few rocks. Thor has been hit by celestial fire as well. superman would be toast if hit by any of the two.

So if you say Thor can get hurt by bullets Superman can get hurt by human punches and pillows and that would be a fact from now on.

#94 Posted by zee crusher (9066 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"Logic Mark III says:
"As i said the distance wouldnt be a problem for the Flash, but if they were standing several meters away surely thats giving the flash some major headstart? So by being seperated by a sizeable distance it gives Thor a chance to have a thought [on the basis of this being current Thor so he could do something like stop time, create some mystical barrier etc]. Regardless even if the Flash does manage to get in before he can think i dont see him doing any type of damage that would take Thor out of the fight before it even started."

Even if thay started several hundred meters away from each other I don't see Thor reacting to the Flash's movement and attack in time.

In running towards Thor, Flash picks up a small stone (the size of a bullet), by the time he reaches Thor , he lets the stone go so that it it travelling at lets say 1/2 the speed of light.

That little stone will be hitting with a massive amount of force - all focussed in to one small area (like a bullet but with at least thousands of times more force).

I think that might do some damage.

At the Flashes speed, he could also choose which area on Thor to traget as well.

Flash could do this with a handful of stones just to drive the point home if he wished.

Alternatively as has been mentioned, he could remove the kinectic energy from Thor's movements and freeze him in place.

This last item would not stop Thor using the Thor power and that could spell the end for the Flash as we have seen the Thor power have a planet wide scope so there would be nowhere for Flash to hide from the powers chosen effects.

"

Since when the hell can a guy like flash throw something at half the speed of light?? Do you notice some of the stuff you post?? And how on earth does he randomly find stones the shape of bullets?? When do you ever see a stone the shape of a bullet?? Good god that whole post made no sense Also Bullets don't hurt Thor.

Also who said this was gonna be a light speed fight?? When flash fights he throws fast punches and crap but never at light speed. Do you even know Thors powers?? Thor can make flash get magnetically attracted to a truck if he wanted. So you should look more into Thors power. What goes on in your head about Thor is he swings can get hurt by bullets and supermans fingers. None of that makes any bit of sense.

#95 Posted by Vrakmul (23829 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Static Shock says:
"Gottheit says:

Ace High says:

Both of you are completely missing the point. It has been proven time and time again that Asgardians are NOT bulletproof. A stone being thrown as fast as a bullet (or faster because of the Flash) would have the same effect. This wouldn't hurt Superman, for the simple fact that he is able to withstand bullets, so of course stones wouldn't work on him. The same cannot be said for Thor because piercing projectiles moving at high velocities will pierce his skin. Stones can compensate if Flash is throwing them at high velocities. "

Static your so wrong please pic up some old Thor comics. Thor can resist bullets pretty easily. You have been listening to too many things creator has said. Stones won't pierece Thors skin is flash throws them at high speeds does that even make sense to you?? thors been hit by missles that can take out entire planets I think he can take a few rocks. Thor has been hit by celestial fire as well. superman would be toast if hit by any of the two.

So if you say Thor can get hurt by bullets Superman can get hurt by human punches and pillows and that would be a fact from now on.

INVULNERABILITY: The following are historical examples of incredibly devastating forces that has been used against Thor. Thor has survived each of these highly Lethal attacks, and most of the time have come out unscathed. A) Thor has been on the receiving end of Zeus and Blitziana's LIGHTNING bolts. B) Thor withstood a barrage of ARTILLARY fire with ease, and a Heat Seeking Missile- see Thor480, and Thor-247; C) and in the J. Kirby's days Thor used to test his invulnerability by having a Cobalt Bomb explode next to him. D) Kang's Dissolution blast to the EXTREME did not fell Thor-Avengers-143, and in Avengers-295 Mechanosaurus struck Thor with a Megahertz Artillery fire that would easily destroy any vehicle to pieces- with no visible effect on Thor (Note: even bullets from a powerful sub-machine gun can't hope to accomplish the same amount of penetration or destruction that could a Megahertz artillery attack by Mechnanosaurus). In Avengers-5-pg 20- it explicitly stated that nothing, not even an ATOMIC BLAST could injure Thor, or his hammer. E) Thor resisted the full power of the Man from Saturn's Graviton ray-Thor-255. F) Thor withstood the Thermal Man's HEAT blast that could melt Tanks instantly, also, Thor was insensitive to the Lava Man's attack- see Avengers 5. In addition, Thor withstood a direct hit by Firelord's Cosmic Flame with absolutely no dire visible effect on him- Thor-306, and Ghost Rider's Flame proved to be totally ineffectual against Thor, as well- Avengers-214, and when the Planet Ego raised his internal heat temperature to the EXTREME, it had no affect on Thor-See Thor-133. G) Thor was unaffected by an Alien Freeze Ray-Avengers-14 (vol.1). H) In terms of indescribable sheer Magical, and Cosmic power, for instance, Thor was just temporarily stunned by Ego's pulsating energy attack that would, physically, have rendered AN ENTIRE RACE UNCOUNSCIOUS- Thor-133. In addition, Thor withstood blast by Odin-Thor-241, by the Celestials-Thor-300, and by a space Armada-Avengers-Annual7. However, the three most impressive testimony events that showed Thor's invulnerability, however, was when he, almost, took a direct hit by a Doomsday Bomb that was capable of destroying an entire planet, and soon after that explosion Thor felt from space to a planet called Pangoria-see Thor387. Also, Thor resisted the weight of Multitude of Planets-Thor Annual-9, and the Gravity of a Neutron Star-Thor-282. The other event took place when Thor paid an uninvited visit to ATUM in the Sun's core. If you think that this wasn't enough, Thor has survive incredible physical punishment by the likes of the Destroyer, Durok, the Mangog, Surtur- Thor-351, by the Devourer-Marvel Two In One-23, The Thermal Man, Terminus, the 300,000 ft. tall Rhun god when he swatted Thor aside-Thor220, and the Celestial- The One Above All- when he not only swatted Thor aside, but did hurled at him unnumbered tons of delicate machinery at him with no significant adverse effect on Thor-See Thor-288."

A bullet, moves soo much slower than the speed of light that it's not funny.

#96 Posted by zee crusher (9066 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"Comics vastly understate how devastating anything made of matter is when moving at lightspeed. At those speeds, a pebble becomes a veritable H-bomb."

Thing is creator and static don't make much sense. A pebble being thrown by superman can probably be dangerous. A pebble being thrown by flash is dangerous but the thing is he can't throw it anywhere near as fast or as strong like a being superman can. Also a pebble going at such speeds can't it burn up?? Won't it break on its target?? Come one. Its not as durable as a bullet.

#97 Posted by Vrakmul (23829 posts) - - Show Bio

Comics vastly understate how devastating anything made of matter is when moving at lightspeed. At those speeds, a pebble becomes a veritable H-bomb.

#98 Posted by Vrakmul (23829 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"Comics vastly understate how devastating anything made of matter is when moving at lightspeed. At those speeds, a pebble becomes a veritable H-bomb."

Thing is creator and static don't make much sense. A pebble being thrown by superman can probably be dangerous. A pebble being thrown by flash is dangerous but the thing is he can't throw it anywhere near as fast or as strong like a being superman can. Also a pebble going at such speeds can't it burn up?? Won't it break on its target?? Come one. Its not as durable as a bullet."

When you are nearing super sonic speeds you encounter a huge amount of turbulence, when you go past super sonic speeds that turbulence stops all of a sudden and you are moving smoothly. The pebble is also too small to create that much drag. Therefore it won't suffer the same problem as a meteor moving at that speed. Also when you are near or at light speeds, things start to get very strange, time dialation increases to ludicrous levels, you seem to shorten and get stockier to any observers, amongst other things. The Flash is immune to these effects as the speed force protects him from them. Otherwise you would be collapsed into a very very small space.

#99 Posted by zee crusher (9066 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"zee crusher says:
"Dreadnaught says:

Thing is creator and static don't make much sense. A pebble being thrown by superman can probably be dangerous. A pebble being thrown by flash is dangerous but the thing is he can't throw it anywhere near as fast or as strong like a being superman can. Also a pebble going at such speeds can't it burn up?? Won't it break on its target?? Come one. Its not as durable as a bullet."

When you are nearing super sonic speeds you encounter a huge amount of turbulence, when you go past super sonic speeds that turbulence stops all of a sudden and you are moving smoothly. The pebble is also too small to create that much drag. Therefore it won't suffer the same problem as a meteor moving at that speed. Also when you are near or at light speeds, things start to get very strange, time dialation increases to ludicrous levels, you seem to shorten and get stockier to any observers, amongst other things. The Flash is immune to these effects as the speed force protects him from them. Otherwise you would be collapsed into a very very small space. "

Yeah but thats the flash The pebble is already worn down to that size thanks to the water brushing up on it. Also it isn't okay with moving at such speeds. It would simply get smaller and smaller burning up.

#100 Posted by Vrakmul (23829 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"zee crusher says:
"Dreadnaught says:

When you are nearing super sonic speeds you encounter a huge amount of turbulence, when you go past super sonic speeds that turbulence stops all of a sudden and you are moving smoothly. The pebble is also too small to create that much drag. Therefore it won't suffer the same problem as a meteor moving at that speed. Also when you are near or at light speeds, things start to get very strange, time dialation increases to ludicrous levels, you seem to shorten and get stockier to any observers, amongst other things. The Flash is immune to these effects as the speed force protects him from them. Otherwise you would be collapsed into a very very small space. "

Yeah but thats the flash The pebble is already worn down to that size thanks to the water brushing up on it. Also it isn't okay with moving at such speeds. It would simply get smaller and smaller burning up."

Friction doesn't truly apply anymore at such speeds. Relativity takes over when one achieves such speeds.