Thor vs Darth Sidious

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 takenstew22  Moderator

I've heard that Sidious is actually pretty powerful outside of the movies so I decided to make this. Seems it hasn't been done yet.

No Caption Provided

Vs.

No Caption Provided

Round 1

Normal fight

Round 2

Sidious can't use TP.

Round 3

Sidious can't use TP, Thor is unarmed.

Rules

• Both are bloodlusted but in-character
  • Standard equipment, Mjolnir and lightsaber
  • Thor is standard 616, Sidious has both canon and Legends feats
  • Takes place on an indestructible planet
  • Win by death or K.O., no BFR
Thirdeev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hammer to face

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor all rounds.

Avatar image for godsvileanddarkwing
GodsVileandDarkwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1

Sheev mindhaxes.

Round 2

Sheev speedblitzes.

Round 3

Same as Round 2 except worse.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 takenstew22  Moderator

Bump.

vVgwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sidious summons a wormhole and throw thor into the wormhole.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Essence transfer? Assuming he can do it then Thor is the perfect vessel for his power, he'd be able to cut loose without worrying if his body would turn to ash.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 takenstew22  Moderator

Essence transfer? Assuming he can do it then Thor is the perfect vessel for his power, he'd be able to cut loose without worrying if his body would turn to ash.

Is that an OP ability? Should I make it a separate round?

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 takenstew22  Moderator
Cruelrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor all rounds

I'm sure that Thor can tank his attacks (i believe)

About the tp, Thor fought more powerful telepaths and they couldn't do nothing to him

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: I think it's over powered but who knows with Sidious. If I remember right it's only been tried by 2 Sith, including Sidious, and Sidious had to use a ton of clone bodies because they literally couldn't survive his amount of power.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor stomps all rounds. I honestly doubt sidious could hurt thor. Sidious' lightsaber and force lightning are pretty much useless since thor is practically immune to heat and electricity. He might be able tp thor in the first round but thor has pretty good resistance to that as well. Maybe sidious could use some more esoteric force powers to hurt thor but I'm not sure what.

Avatar image for deactivated-605cf6d79b04a
deactivated-605cf6d79b04a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor all rounds rather easily while Palpatine is powerful Thor is several tiers above him borderline stomp battle.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 takenstew22  Moderator

Bump.

bigsebson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By bigsebson

Best Thor can accomplish is a Stalemate, due to Transfer Essence. But Sheev should win all rounds handily.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsebson: pfffft lol you sith fans are ridiculously hillarious at times... I horrible stomps so hard .. Palpatine Can take Thor down period...What's he going to do besides get one shot,?? Force Lighting?? Lol please Thor would laugh at that...

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth sidous would have a hard time with Iron manlet alone Thor this is spite...Sith overwank alert

bigsebson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By bigsebson

@destinyman75: Force Lightning ≠ Natural Lightning ≠ Magical Lightning

AsianAntics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor all rounds... unless he doesn't have any mindhax resistance feats.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor kills him with one hammer throw. This is a mismatch and lock worthy.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Palpatine is faster by a mile and the force can hurt him

Stalemate every round or Palpatine

Avatar image for deactivated-63c1a72900876
deactivated-63c1a72900876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Palpatine in EU can wipe Planets out with a Force Storm, easily, He can somewhat see the future and easily prepare for Thor's counter before he arrives, He can tear space apart and toss Thor into a Nexus, Planetary level lightning. Judging by the film, he can lift 10,000 Star Destroyers easily with the force which equates to each 54 million ton star destroyer x 10,000, or roughly 540,000,000,000 tons in his unamped state. This thread should be MCU Thor or even Thanos vs Palpatine in the movie and that would be interesting.

Thor has braced and lifted roughly 60 sextillion tons before. In terms of a 1v1, there is nothing Palpatine has that can harm Thor. It would be in the weird Force powers area that Palpatine has a chance to win. I can see him understanding fully what Thor is and that absurd strange Force powers are needed. Its possible, but not likely. Thor would win 9/10 with a small chance Palpatine could pull a victory.

ManaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Palpatine could use his planetary level Force Drain on Thor like he did to Byss.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsebson: Um no magic lighting far more potent however that's moot as lighting does ZERO to the lord of lightning in the first place so my point stands ,👍

Strike3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't see that happening. Thor resisted an attack from Adam Warlock's Soul Gem, which can hurt or remove a soul from a body.

FFP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EU Sidious wins via Force Storm, mind rape, drain or essence transfer.

Oh also, he blitzes.

Strike3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

@asianantics:

He does have some resistance but not on the level to resist Emperor, Xavier, for example, has still put him to sleep like litle gril

Xavier would probably put Sidious to sleep. He's got years of psychic training, actual combat experience in psi combat with different kinds of actual telepaths. Xavier knows the ins and outs of a mind, like a maze builder knows a maze.

bigsebson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75: I never said Sheev would use it though, (what I said might have been a bit indistinct) only stating magic is not the same as Force Lightning. I'm not sure, but IIRC Zeus damaged Thor with his lightning I believe. Force Lightning is not the same as regular lightning and should be able to damage Thor, given enough potency.

Palpatine is still vastly quicker than Thor and can win via Force Storm, blitzing, TP.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By destinyman75

@bigsebson: what? No zues can't hurt Thor with lightning nobody can..In fact Thor fought zues to a stalmate lighting vs lighting for THREE straight months.. Force lighting isn't anything Thor will have to worry about. Also Thor can destroy entire planets with his lighting he's just several tiers above....Also Thor is so much more durable it's ridiculous to me to ever put them against each other.... Palpatine is nothing more then a sorcerer which Thor has clowned much more powerful then palpatine... Only hope for him is TP and that's very slim...MCU Thor would be closer but not Comic Thor...with respect Palpatine being faster isn't going to do much but delay his defeat...He just don't have what it takes to take him down...

Am example of what I mean lightning vs lighting.. Palpatine uses lighting but at a cost he quickly tires..Thor fought against zues with lightning without tiring much he'd literally out last him...Also to potency..Thor's lighting many times has been shown and stated to be much more potent then natrual lighting...on top of that he's the son of The elder Goddess who is the source of said lighting..FWI lighting not only won't hurt him, he can literally abosrb not just with mjolnir but just his body and actually Amp himself...

Happy Holidays BTW

fyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By fyron

My gut tells me Palpatine's gonna win.

Not sure tho , I stopped reading Star Wars a long time ago. I may not be remembering properly.

FFP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By FFP

@dcandmarvelcomicfan: there are several RT of palpatine. Lok for the ones that include Dark Empire palpatine.

About the lightning, Sidious' lightning is the most powerful ever. He could turn people to ashes on seconds (way more power than regular lightning) and could defeat legions, with enough control to just hit his enemies.

But lightning is not how he would defeat Thor. Force storm, TP, drain are better choices. All that while blitzing. Maybe a lightsaber to the head too.

bigsebson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75: As I said, Lightning is not that useful here. Force Storm, mind rape via TP is much more useful here.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 takenstew22  Moderator

@bigsebson: @ffp: Should I restrict Force Storm and drain for the other rounds if it's too OP?

bigsebson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By bigsebson

@takenstew22: He should still be able to possess his body with Essence Transfer. Best Thor can ever do is a stalemate. Mjolnir can manipulate souls, but Sidious is able to resist this because he resisted the pull of The Void, which is basically Hell in Star Wars.

Bartolomo87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we get some arguments for Thor or we locking this?

vVgwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sidious kills Thor and proceeds to solo his verse.

FFP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: I think, ad others posted, that this is not fair because those are part of his arsenal.

But even then, Sidious would give a good fight because of his superior speed and skill with the lightsaber.

The result would depens of what a lightsaber can do to Thor. I'd say Thor ends up dismembered...

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 takenstew22  Moderator

@ffp: I honestly highly doubt a lightsaber would do anything to Thor and he can pretty much no-sell it.