Thor vs Blue Marvel and Wonderman (classic)

• 143 results
#1 Edited by Army2442 (3340 posts) - - Show Bio

Location: New Mombasa (Halo universe) abandoned but all of the space ships and vehicles are left

Random encounter no prep

Starting distance: 1mile away

Morals OFF but not blood lusted

No Odin force or one time powers

Thor and Blue Marvel are at regular levels

Wonder-man is at classic levels.

No BFR

KO or Death elimination

Who wins?

#2 Posted by Skaddix (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

What is Thors strongest attack at this level? Anti-matter blast because that will not do squat to Blue Marvel although it does screw Wonder Man over.

#3 Posted by Army2442 (3340 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix:I'm thinking that Thor wouldn't have the time to charge such an attack but I could be wrong.

#4 Posted by Skaddix (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

It has charging time? Well that would suck but as said no impact on Blue Marvel. Although Wonder Man is weak to that which incidentally makes him a bad tag team partner for blue marvel.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
#5 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (9371 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Marvel could pick up the slack. But I don't know man..this is Thor. Dude could just Banish Marvel couldn't he? Blue Marvel is defenitly strong enough to give Thor a pain in the jaw. lol

#6 Posted by Skaddix (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

Well yes Thor could teleport marvel elsewhere but since this is no BFR for win I dont see thor doing that.

#7 Posted by _Black (2301 posts) - - Show Bio

@Army2442 said:

@Skaddix:I'm thinking that Thor wouldn't have the time to charge such an attack but I could be wrong.

God Blast is the attack that takes time to charge.

#8 Posted by Skaddix (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

That is what I thought. Hmm yes charging is kinda tricky when u don't have an ally to hold the line while u charge.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
#9 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17185 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor. 

Wonder Man still can be turn back into Ionic energy and Thor can easily kill him by drainning him into Mjolnir. 
And Blue Marvel isn't powerfull enough to take Thor alone.

#10 Posted by Postacrat (720 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Marvel can take Thor, he knocked the Sentry into outer space. Yes The Sentry did return and take Blue marvel down, but that was only after he was tired from smacking around most of the Avengers including Ms. Marvel, Ares, and Wonder Man. Thor struggles with one power house, he would not have been able to handle those three at once. Thor rarely makes short work of Ares despite being soooo much stronger than him, Sentry easily tore through him and then worked on Thor some too along with half of Marvel's earth heroes before going Void. Without that hammer, Thor is nothing and I know at least 3 people who have knocked it out of his hands.

#11 Posted by kingpin1 (443 posts) - - Show Bio

Team!

#12 Edited by Floopay (11272 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor could take Blue Marvel, I'm thinking 7/10

Thor could take Wonder Woman in a pretty good fight, I'm thinking 6.5/10

Against both, no. I love Thor, he's one of my favorites, but no, Thor loses 9/10 times.

Thor could god blast them to win, which is a valid tactic if he were fighting one person. If he knocked WW or BM and disoriented them he could perform a massive lightning strike, or a god blast and take them out. However, he's probably not going to be able to keep both of them at bay. Thor has versatility over WW, which is one of the reasons he beats her, seeing as they are both very equal on the grounds of combat knowledge, strength, speed, etc. BM is about equal to Thor in terms of versatility, speed, strength, reflexes, etc. However, he is dwarfed by Thor in terms of combat experience, which is where I give Thor his extra wins. But in the end, these two together are going to stomp him.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#13 Posted by Floopay (11272 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, this is Wonder Man, not Wonder Woman /facepalm self.

In that case I think Thor could take this. Classic Wonderman needed a jet pack to fly, so Thor could simply break the jet pack and keep this as an aerial battle, and him vs. BM is going to go to Thor, then him vs. Wonder Man will go to Thor as well.

I like Wonder Man but I doubt he'll tank very many shots from Mjonlir, and BM is great but he's nowhere near as skilled as Thor, though he matches him in terms of versatility. Thor should easily take this via on par levels of Strength / Speed / Versatility / Reflexes / etc. with either one of these characters, if not better than them. However, he's much more experienced in combat, especially 2 v 1. He should be able to almost use them against each other, and use tactical strikes to take them out one at a time.

Thor should take this: 7/10 fights

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#14 Posted by Skaddix (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is not going to have to use them against each other. Blue Marvel is an anti matter generator and Wonder Man is weak against Anti Matter. Its like teaming up Metallo and Superman.

#15 Posted by TDK_1997 (18804 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not quite familiar with Blue Marvel but I think Thor can take them down.

Avatar image for death_from_below
#16 Posted by Death_From_Below (222 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins.. blue marvel would be a challenge...Wonder Woman not so much seeing she can be hurt by bullets she wont stand a chance against a thunder god like Thor.

THOR STOMPS!!!

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
#17 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12469 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

#18 Posted by a88378438 (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

blue marvel beat King Hyperion ,and

King Hyperion is more powerful than a normal hyperion,blue marvel solos

#19 Posted by a88378438 (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

thor can beat a normal hyperion,but,the KH is multiple powerful than a normal hyperion

he beat 3X normal hyperion....i don't think thor can beat this guy

#20 Posted by TDK_1997 (18804 posts) - - Show Bio

@Postacrat: Blue Marvel did beat Sentry but Thor killed Sentry while the Void had taken over.Siege was horribly writen but that is a fact.Thor can take them down.

#21 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio
@TDK_1997 said:

@Postacrat: Blue Marvel did beat Sentry but Thor killed Sentry while the Void had taken over.Siege was horribly writen but that is a fact.Thor can take them down.

Thor didn't kill Sentry or the Void he killed Robert Reynolds.Clearly he's not capable of killing Sentry or the Void as they dominated him and easily took his attacks earlier in the issue.It wasn't until he reverted and begged Thor to kill him that he was able to pull it off.
#22 Edited by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael666 said:

Wonder Man still can be turn back into Ionic energy and Thor can easily kill him by drainning him into Mjolnir.  And Blue Marvel isn't powerfull enough to take Thor alone.

Let's go ahead and pretend Thor can completely absorb Wonder Man while also fighting Blue Marvel. 

@Death_From_Below said:

Thor wins.. blue marvel would be a challenge...Wonder Woman not so much seeing she can be hurt by bullets she wont stand a chance against a thunder god like Thor.

THOR STOMPS!!!

Actually read the title.If this was Blue Marvel and Wonder WOMAN.Thor wouldn't stand a chance. 

@Floopay said:

In that case I think Thor could take this. Classic Wonderman needed a jet pack to fly, so Thor could simply break the jet pack and keep this as an aerial battle, and him vs. BM is going to go to Thor, then him vs. Wonder Man will go to Thor as well.

I like Wonder Man but I doubt he'll tank very many shots from Mjonlir, and BM is great but he's nowhere near as skilled as Thor, though he matches him in terms of versatility. Thor should easily take this via on par levels of Strength / Speed / Versatility / Reflexes / etc. with either one of these characters, if not better than them. However, he's much more experienced in combat, especially 2 v 1. He should be able to almost use them against each other, and use tactical strikes to take them out one at a time.

Thor should take this: 7/10 fights

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I love how people think Thor can just easily beat Blue Marvel,what makes you think Thor is a way better fighter than him? Thor hasn't had any mentionable skill feats since his teenage years. Blue Marvel was a marine, why would be that severely lacking in fighting skill? I don't know what makes you think Thor can use them against each other...Thor and tactical don't even belong in the same sentence.
#23 Posted by TDK_1997 (18804 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: Sorry,my mistake.

#24 Posted by a88378438 (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997: this because thor has odin force

#25 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio
@a88378438 said:

@TDK_1997: this because thor has odin force

What?
#26 Posted by a88378438 (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro:

I remember in this battle Thor has some extra strength allowed him to fight with the Sentinels

#27 Posted by TDK_1997 (18804 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438 said:

@Vance Astro:

I remember in this battle Thor has some extra strength allowed him to fight with the Sentinels

What Sentinels are you talking about?

#28 Posted by a88378438 (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

is Sentry,my fault

#29 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12469 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438 said:

blue marvel beat King Hyperion ,and

King Hyperion is more powerful than a normal hyperion,blue marvel solos

Fail logic.

#30 Posted by a88378438 (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001: thor not far powerful than a normal KH is far more powerful than a normal hy

blue marvel beat KH

KH>thor

BM>>>>>thor

#31 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12469 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438 said:

@venomoushatred1001: thor not far powerful than a normal KH is far more powerful than a normal hy

blue marvel beat KH

KH>thor

BM>>>>>thor

More like:

Thor>>>Blue Marvel

KH > (barely) Thor

#32 Edited by Postacrat (720 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@TDK_1997 said:

Thor didn't kill Sentry or the Void he killed Robert Reynolds.Clearly he's not capable of killing Sentry or the Void as they dominated him and easily took his attacks earlier in the issue.It wasn't until he reverted and begged Thor to kill him that he was able to pull it off.

Thank you Vance, wow I got back up from a well known Mod. I think I could blush about it! I've seen your debates on comic vine I think I even lost one to you, I'm highly honored!

#33 Posted by a88378438 (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001: why?blue marvel beat KH

#34 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17185 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
@czarny_samael666 said:

Wonder Man still can be turn back into Ionic energy and Thor can easily kill him by drainning him into Mjolnir.  And Blue Marvel isn't powerfull enough to take Thor alone.

Let's go ahead and pretend Thor can completely absorb Wonder Man while also fighting Blue Marvel. 

More than easy. Thor can just redirect WM's energy on BM.
#35 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12469 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438 said:

@venomoushatred1001: why?blue marvel beat KH

1. KH was weakened.

2. Thats ABC logic. Thats like me saying Thor beat Glory, there by he can't be beat by anyone below skyfather level.

#36 Posted by a88378438 (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001: he was weaker?where show this?

what?thor beat glory so glory can't beat skyfather level????

what?

#37 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael666 said: 
 Can you stop pretending that Thor can or will do this.  
#38 Posted by joshuagamer (759 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Marvel is substantially stronger than Thor all on his own. Wonderman comes in just underneath Thor in power, so the two of them against Thor is overkill. When I reference Thor's power, I am talking about him with Mjolnir, but if you really want to be honest and fair (which not many people want to do), you wouldn't even count Mjolnir. If Superman, Blue Marvel, Sentry, Wonderman, or any other top tier being was shown with a tool of Mjolnir's might in every fight, they wouldn't count that to be a part of that character's strength (not to be ignored though). I love Thor, but in all honesty, he's simply a much more powerful version of Luke Cage without the hammer.

#39 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17185 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
@czarny_samael666 said: 
 Can you stop pretending that Thor can or will do this.  
No, sine it is truth. But feel free to prove that Wonder Man's energy is above Mjolnir limits.
#40 Posted by joshuagamer (759 posts) - - Show Bio

I stand by all of my points before except the one about Wonderman. Since this is earlier Wonderman, there is a greater gap in power between him and Thor. This is still overkill in favor of the team though.

#41 Posted by joshuagamer (759 posts) - - Show Bio

I stand by all of my points before except the one about Wonderman. Since this is earlier Wonderman, there is a greater gap in power between him and Thor. This is still overkill in favor of the team though.

#42 Posted by Postacrat (720 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshuagamer said:

Blue Marvel is substantially stronger than Thor all on his own. Wonderman comes in just underneath Thor in power, so the two of them against Thor is overkill. When I reference Thor's power, I am talking about him with Mjolnir, but if you really want to be honest and fair (which not many people want to do), you wouldn't even count Mjolnir. If Superman, Blue Marvel, Sentry, Wonderman, or any other top tier being was shown with a tool of Mjolnir's might in every fight, they wouldn't count that to be a part of that character's strength (not to be ignored though). I love Thor, but in all honesty, he's simply a much more powerful version of Luke Cage without the hammer.

That's all ever say about Thor, everything people say's he can do is all because of Mjolnir and that's it. Take that hammer away from him and it's short work because physically he is not that strong. Secondly his feats of strength pale in comparison to a number of top tier powerhouses that don't even have a mystical weapon, they fight unarmed. Physically without that hammer his strength is not that much greater than Wondermans. Don't get me wrong on paper and data bases Thor is portrayed as the most powerful being physically, but if you read the books and are honest with yourself you'll see without the hammer he's overrated. One more thing all of these astronomical feats that are constantly brought up about Mjolner are not regular feats, if Thor was capable of this kind of power on a consistent basis then he could beat Galactus. They are only good for last minute saves in very desperate situations, and there are lot's of times Thor is getting wrecked and these small miracles never occur.

#43 Posted by Saren (27938 posts) - - Show Bio

@Postacrat said:

Take that hammer away from him and it's short work because physically he is not that strong. Secondly his feats of strength pale in comparison to a number of top tier powerhouses that don't even have a mystical weapon, they fight unarmed. Physically without that hammer his strength is not that much greater than Wondermans.

He has fought Savage Hulk twice without Mjolnir. Not sure where this is coming from......

#44 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael666 said: 
No, sine it is truth. But feel free to prove that Wonder Man's energy is above Mjolnir limits.
It's not the truth.I don't need to prove that Wonder Man's energy is outside of Mjolnir's limits because he's not going to have time to completely absorb Wonder Man in combat with him and another character that may be just as strong as he is.That's just ridiculous. 

@joshuagamer said:

Blue Marvel is substantially stronger than Thor all on his own. 

What are you basing this on?
#45 Edited by terry2012 (9823 posts) - - Show Bio

@Postacrat: I agreed. And don't forget to take away the belt of strength which increases his strength as well.

#46 Posted by Postacrat (720 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@Postacrat said:

Take that hammer away from him and it's short work because physically he is not that strong. Secondly his feats of strength pale in comparison to a number of top tier powerhouses that don't even have a mystical weapon, they fight unarmed. Physically without that hammer his strength is not that much greater than Wondermans.

He has fought Savage Hulk twice without Mjolnir. Not sure where this is coming from......

It's coming from the books bro, he's fought Savage Hulk without Mjolnir but he's never beaten him without Mjolnir. In fact I've posted a scan once before when Savage Hulk challenged him to disarm himself, when Thor did he got pounded.

#47 Edited by Saren (27938 posts) - - Show Bio

@Postacrat said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Postacrat said:

It's coming from the books bro, he's fought Savage Hulk without Mjolnir but he's never beaten him without Mjolnir. In fact I've posted a scan once before when Savage Hulk challenged him to disarm himself, when Thor did he got pounded.

I've read all the books, bro. I'll even post all the scans of their encounters if you want. The first time this happened was in Journey Into Mystery #112, where Thor and Hulk fought and it was even throughout.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11

The second time this happened was in Sub-Mariner #35, where Hulk punched Thor away from Mjolnir, but Thor was still strong enough to knock Hulk away and retrieve Mjolnir.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

The next and final time this happened was in The Mighty Thor #385, the fight where Thor got "pounded", as you put it:

Thor and Hulk clash and while no one gets KO'd or gives in or anything, Thor is portrayed as possessing a clear edge over Hulk, who complains that Thor is only powerful because of Mjolnir, and that without his hammer Thor ain't all that.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

In a somewhat uncharacteristic move, Hulk picks up a woman and threatens to kill her if Thor doesn't get rid of Mjolnir.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

From there on, the advantage shifts to Hulk. At the end of the fight, it's Thor who seems worse for wear.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10

Note that this issue seems to imply that Thor w/o Mjolnir < Hulk, but it does not matter. He still lasted that long without Mjolnir, something Wonder Man with his class 90 strength could not hope to accomplish.

#48 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3080 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshuagamer said:

#49 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12469 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshuagamer said:

Blue Marvel is substantially stronger than Thor all on his own.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... no.

#50 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12469 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mega_spidey01 said:

@joshuagamer said:

This is false.