• Batman has no gadgets
  • In character
  • No knowledge
  • h2h only
  • Win by death, KO or incap
  • Fight in the Cell games arena
#2 Posted by TheKinfing (11906 posts) - - Show Bio

You aren't allowed to give amps/objects to characters that have never had them

Either way. A thread like this was already done a couple of months ago, only that it was 10 Thors vs 1 Batman, and even then everyone agreed that Bruce stomped.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d17c2439784
#3 Edited by deactivated-57d17c2439784 (1803 posts) - - Show Bio

Either way. A thread like this was already done a couple of months ago, only that it was 10 Thors vs 1 Batman, and even then everyone agreed that Bruce stomped.

Injustice Batman did ingest Green Pills on multiple occasions so having New 52 Batman do the same isn't that different

#4 Posted by larfleezy (687 posts) - - Show Bio

@longman: It's out of character for Batman to do that.

#5 Edited by deactivated-57d17c2439784 (1803 posts) - - Show Bio

@larfleezy said:

@longman: It's out of character for Batman to do that.

Erm okay...he didn't have issues going on venom

#6 Posted by larfleezy (687 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by MysticMedivh (32250 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Thor. I don't feel that Injustice characters are awfully powerful compared to their mainstream counterparts.

#8 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

Me likey:

No Caption Provided

#9 Posted by just_sayin (3670 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is a god. Some may think Batman is... but he is not. Thor's strength and millennia of combat experience give him the edge. Thor kills the false Bat-god.

#10 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (12656 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure how strong Batman is under these conditions. If they have equal strength Batman wins. He is far more skilled and much more accomplished in H2H.

#11 Posted by algorhythm511 (2684 posts) - - Show Bio

As @leo-343 pointed out, the pill amps Batman up quite a bit, so I will give it to Batman.

#12 Posted by Lord-Parallax (4503 posts) - - Show Bio

The Bat-Damn Batman.

Avatar image for benjamin_poindexter
#13 Posted by Benjamin_Poindexter (986 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor. Too many years of experience.

#14 Posted by GODKINGTHOR (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor stomps. Experience and muscle memory. Hell, the God of Thunder could probably beat Bruce while drunk based on his feats while drunk.

#15 Posted by Vertigo- (17864 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, the pill seems to enhance him to Superman levels of strength. Take that strength level (assuming I'm gauging it correct) and combine it with Batman's skill, then he should win handily here

#16 Posted by BurningMartian (884 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93: Injustice Superman isn't nearly as impressive as main continuity Supes, though.

#17 Edited by Vertigo- (17864 posts) - - Show Bio

@burningmartian: Where would you put his strength level in terms of tonnes range? 75+, 100?

#18 Posted by BurningMartian (884 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93: Oh, he's 100+ all right, but apart from that, he has a very poor combat record. Wonder Woman snapped his arm and was generally curbstomping him, while impervious to all his attacks, like heat vision.

#19 Posted by Vertigo- (17864 posts) - - Show Bio

@burningmartian: That's kinda pathetic. Although my main point was that the pill seemed to amp Batman to the strength levels needed to harm superman in the first place. So, it still seems to stand.

Thanks for the info about injustice though. It's been something I've been debating picking up.

#20 Posted by Ashrym (3166 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93: Oh, he's 100+ all right, but apart from that, he has a very poor combat record. Wonder Woman snapped his arm and was generally curbstomping him, while impervious to all his attacks, like heat vision.

That's not really different than new 52 Wonder Woman vs kryptonians. Those green pills in Injustice made the batfamily capable of facing Superman, Wonder Woman, and Shazam. Injustice Superman's lack of skill not withstanding, Batman demonstrates better combat skill than Thor and Thor has demonstrated lack of skill and speed compared to street level heroes. The green pills should allow for Batman to take this.

#21 Posted by BurningMartian (884 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashrym: I'd normally agree, but I cannot recall a single thing Injustice Superman has done to put him anywhere close to Thor in physicals. If the stats margin is not closed, I don't think anyone from Injustice has the durability to stand up to one hit from Thor.

#22 Posted by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how that's possible, Thor has superhuman strength and durability, batman has peak human durability/strength. In that scenario, batman simply can't even harm thor no matter what he does even if Thor fights like a pure brute.

Batman is an experienced martial artist, he studies/practices it more than Thor, but since Thor has thousands of years of battle experience, I would say Thor wins (assuming their strength and durability is equalized to each other).

#23 Posted by Vertigo- (17864 posts) - - Show Bio

@whoisthebest: Physicals were equalized on that thread, I do believe

Avatar image for deactivated-57d17bdd0bd36
#24 Edited by deactivated-57d17bdd0bd36 (2291 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao people have really got to stop using this 'thousands of years of experience' excuse, does Thor have any skill feats on par with Batman? The guy is a brawler. And it goes without saying that claiming he wins just because he's a god is stupid.

#25 Edited by jagernutt (17619 posts) - - Show Bio

@goldroger1:

I believe it happened in an Avengers issue some years back where Thor had no power and out-fought Captain America.

#26 Edited by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93 said:

@burningmartian: That's kinda pathetic. Although my main point was that the pill seemed to amp Batman to the strength levels needed to harm superman in the first place. So, it still seems to stand.

Thanks for the info about injustice though. It's been something I've been debating picking up.

Injustice is epic, I'd definitely recommend it. Though Superman is a little bit inconsistent in it, his good showings do outweigh his low showings- off the top of my head I'll list some of his high and low showings:

High:

• Blitzing Hal and removing his ring before he could react
  • Blitzing Parasite and throwing him into the sun in a matter of seconds
  • Blitzing Kalibak's entire army- spread in every major city around the globe- in about a second
  • Stomping Kalibak when he got serious
  • Taking on multiple Green Lanterns
  • Being chosen by a Yellow Lantern Ring and being called 'unstoppable' by Batman- he then stomped Ganthet, pushed him into Mogo then pushed them both into the sun
  • Stalemating Doomsday
  • Stalemating Darkseid
  • Having the upper hand against Bizzaro

Low:

• Getting beaten by Wonder Woman
  • Struggling some what with Solomon Grundy in their second encounter despite a non super powered Batman taking Grundy down in their first and Superman himself flying through Grundy's chest in their first encounter
  • Getting humbled by Zeus, not really a low showing since it's goddamn Zeus but I thought I'd mention it anyway

There was also the fact that in all the times he fought a pill amped Batman, Clark was noticeably outclassed. In their first encounter he gloats and asks Batman if he thinks he can beat him just because he's on the pill, then Batman responds by blocking/counter-attacking his blows, saying Clark lacks technique and is just a brute and saying yes. In their last fight Batman beat him, as you can see from my scan earlier.

However there's a bit of a flaw here, the pill was explicitly stated to only amp strength and durability to Superman's level, not speed. But it seemed as though anyone on the pill was just as fast as Superman (fun fact: Pill amped Alfred stomped Superman better than Batman ever did). From this we can infer that this Superman just didn't employ his combat speed as much as he should have, instead mainly relying on travel speed. But we've seen him increase his perceptions to the point where, before solo-ing Kalibak's army, he had the world frozen in place to have a conversation with Flash about ethics.

Edit: for high showings I forgot to mention that Superman beat Hawkman to death despite getting wrecked by a kryptonite mace.

#27 Posted by JediXMan (42893 posts) - - Show Bio
@leo-343 said:
  • Being chosen by a Yellow Lantern Ring and being called 'unstoppable' by Batman- he then stomped Ganthet, pushed him into Mogo then pushed them both into the sun

It's worth noting that this was a temporary amp. The entire world had just seen him return from "death" and gain a ring. I believe it's stated that he's essentially fueled by the fear of 7 billion people.

Still impressive.

#28 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:
@leo-343 said:

It's worth noting that this was a temporary amp. The entire world had just seen him return from "death" and gain a ring. I believe it's stated that he's essentially fueled by the fear of 7 billion people.

Still impressive.

Yeah sure, that omission wasn't deliberate lol

#29 Posted by Pimonster31415 (198 posts) - - Show Bio

the thing is, mjolnir-less thor can still fly and throw lightning, so I'll give it to him.

#30 Posted by deactivated-57d17c2439784 (1803 posts) - - Show Bio

the thing is, mjolnir-less thor can still fly and throw lightning, so I'll give it to him.

Hand to hand only

#31 Posted by larfleezy (687 posts) - - Show Bio

@thekinfing said:

I don't see how that's possible, Thor has superhuman strength and durability, batman has peak human durability/strength. In that scenario, batman simply can't even harm thor no matter what he does even if Thor fights like a pure brute.

Batman is an experienced martial artist, he studies/practices it more than Thor, but since Thor has thousands of years of battle experience, I would say Thor wins (assuming their strength and durability is equalized to each other).

So you're saying Thor would win in H2H if stats were equalized against Batman?

#32 Posted by Vertigo- (17864 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343: might go read through Injutice once I'm finished reading the The Darkness and Witchblade series then

#33 Posted by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@whoisthebest said:
@thekinfing said:

Yup. Thor's been able to brawl with Hercules who himself is arguably a better fighter than Batman. He intentionally brawls with Hulk.

#34 Posted by larfleezy (687 posts) - - Show Bio

@larfleezy said:
@whoisthebest said:
@thekinfing said:

Yup. Thor's been able to brawl with Hercules who himself is arguably a better fighter than Batman. He intentionally brawls with Hulk.

Not going to dignify you with a response.

#35 Posted by TheKinfing (11906 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Vertigo- (17864 posts) - - Show Bio

@thekinfing: Probably will. Once I get through the two characters I'm currently reading

#37 Posted by TheKinfing (11906 posts) - - Show Bio

So now Hercules is as good as Batman? Yeah Batman is so wanked on the Vine....

#38 Posted by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@thekinfing:

@whoisthebest said:
@thekinfing said:

Thousands of years of boxing/wrestling/pankration experience is better than any martial arts training Batman has ever received and ever will receive. Period.

#39 Posted by larfleezy (687 posts) - - Show Bio

@whoisthebest: Decades worth of martial arts feats against skilled opponents VS. a character that has brawled for the majority of his existence. I wonder who would win?

#40 Posted by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@larfleezy: "Brawling" is really wrestling, which is one of the oldest martial arts in existence along with boxing. Hercules is known as being one of the top guys in pankration. He has thousands of years experience with pankration. Which beats the decades of experience Batman has. There's also no comparison between Herc's opponents and Batman's opponents.

#41 Posted by larfleezy (687 posts) - - Show Bio

@larfleezy: "Brawling" is really wrestling, which is one of the oldest martial arts in existence along with boxing. Hercules is known as being one of the top guys in pankration. He has thousands of years experience with pankration. Which beats the decades of experience Batman has. There's also no comparison between Herc's opponents and Batman's opponents.

Definitely trolling

#42 Edited by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@larfleezy: A synonym to brawling is to "grapple, wrestle, fight in a rough way".

You can look up anything I said mate.

I take back one thing. Hercules isn't just skilled in pankration. He INVENTED pankration.

There's no way Batman is going to beat him in H2h unless your'e claiming that decades of martial arts experience beats thousands of years of pankration experience. Pankration is boxing and wrestling, the only thing missing there is really judo/karate and other asian martial arts.

#43 Edited by larfleezy (687 posts) - - Show Bio

@whoisthebest: Have you honestly ever read a Batman comic before? Bats would make Hercules or Thor look like a complete fool.

#44 Posted by kasya_carey (5911 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Thor is more of a brawler that relies on strength like Hulk.

#45 Posted by solo788 (868 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know why people think that thor'd take it. Yes he has thousands of years experience,but bats is simply the better fighter. Equalize stats I'd give it to bats moderate difficulty

#46 Posted by azureblade (78 posts) - - Show Bio

Does thousands of years of experience of brawling with other brawlers teach you how to counter mma at its best? No.

Batman can switch fight tactics to something Thor is unfamiliar with in h2h, he has learnt more than a 100 martial art disciplines in his life.

#47 Posted by MysticMedivh (32250 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343 said:
@blackestnight93 said:

High:

• Blitzing Hal and removing his ring before he could react
  • Blitzing Parasite and throwing him into the sun in a matter of seconds
  • Blitzing Kalibak's entire army- spread in every major city around the globe- in about a second
  • Stomping Kalibak when he got serious
  • Taking on multiple Green Lanterns
  • Being chosen by a Yellow Lantern Ring and being called 'unstoppable' by Batman- he then stomped Ganthet, pushed him into Mogo then pushed them both into the sunN/A
  • Stalemating Doomsday
  • Stalemating Darkseid
  • Having the upper hand against Bizzaro

The only notable feats are the ones I've bolded above because they're quantifiable.

For the rest, the problem is that they're all Injustice versions of the characters. They're all relatively featless and unimportant.

#48 Posted by mr-luxcipher (7593 posts) - - Show Bio

Mismatch.

#49 Posted by MysticMedivh (32250 posts) - - Show Bio

And Injustice Batman isn't that incredible of a martial artist compared to his mainstream counterparts.

#50 Edited by mr-luxcipher (7593 posts) - - Show Bio