Thor vs Apocalypse

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@mr-luxcipher: Is that Rafaels Albuquerque art I see?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#352  Edited By adamTRMM

The issue references their first encounter (both through Thor's words and via editorial panel) but I don't recall when Jarbjorn was enchanted after Thor run away from Apocalypse in their first encounter. Was it the same issue after their fight? That's my question. If so, yes, it should be enchanted here. In universe, it still doesn't answer why Thor wasn't able to do much to Apocalypse in this fight but was cleaving right through him in AXIS centuries later, other than disparity in writing between Aaron and Remender.

He did right after. He felt strongly about being humiliated by Apoc so he searched for the right enhancement the second he returned to Asgard, and IIRC Odin refused to give it to him because he knew of Celestials I guess, and then "Loki" (who was actually Rama Tut or Kang) told Thor he knows some blood ritual that will help, and well then Thor returned with the enhanced JB to a well known conclusion. Also, that Apoc from Axis wasn't the original one but a teenaged clone, so him under-performing would be his own feat, or lack thereof. Not saying that Apoc would've fared better, but I think we should to acknowledge his inexperience and youth.

It wasn't all that consistent being written by Remender himself. This anti Celestial amp is such a bullshit if you ask me. It can kill a planet size Celestial with a scratch yet Apoc can eventually heal from it? Remender's plot devices are crap, and canon defying ones as well. Where was this ridiculous amp when Odin was getting smacked around by Celestials?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#353 morpheus_  Moderator

@adamtrmm: Exactly what I was thinking, Odin spent centuries of meticulous planning but still fell to the Celestials and yet there is this enchantment that can supposedly slice them wide open with minimal effort that he never thought to use.

And yes, I pointed out that the Apocalypse in AXIS was Evan in my initial post, but even though he was lacking in experience, the durability of his armor -- at least -- should had been equal to the regular En Sabah Nur's. Thanks for the reminder about Thor's enchanting Jarnbjorn, it's been a few years since I read Uncanny Avengers.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lvenger said:
@hellionvulcan said:
@mr-luxcipher said:

Here's Apocalypse vs Thor and Jane Foster(in the ancient past).

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Both combined couldn't beat Apocalypse on panel so one Thor is not fairing any better.

Yeah it's not like the page after shows both Thors leaving victorious and boasting of beating Apocalypse. Oh wait that's exactly what happened. Not seeing how one Thor doesn't beat Apoc's overrated ass.

But thats the thing with Thor in all his encounter's with Apocalypse that he has no wins in direct combat on panel, Apocalypse might be overrated but feat wise vs Thor he's clearly shown as superior every single time. Off panel victory is still off panel as Arron couldn't pis a way for both Thor's to win so it's still a greater feat for Apocalypse.

mr-luxcipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing: Actually, I believe it's Mahmud Asrar(if I'm not mistaken).

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357  Edited By 20damon

Thor murderstomps Apocalypse. He's not in the same league as Thor barring some serious PiS

Thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apocalypse gets his cranium kicked in.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger said:
@hellionvulcan said:
@mr-luxcipher said:

Both combined couldn't beat Apocalypse on panel so one Thor is not fairing any better.

Yeah it's not like the page after shows both Thors leaving victorious and boasting of beating Apocalypse. Oh wait that's exactly what happened. Not seeing how one Thor doesn't beat Apoc's overrated ass.

But thats the thing with Thor in all his encounter's with Apocalypse that he has no wins in direct combat on panel, Apocalypse might be overrated but feat wise vs Thor he's clearly shown as superior every single time. Off panel victory is still off panel as Arron couldn't pis a way for both Thor's to win so it's still a greater feat for Apocalypse.

Um Apocalypse only won one fight with Thor, the first time they fought in Uncanny Avengers #6. After Thor got the Celestial enchantment on his axe, he won Round 2. Then Unworthy Thor was stomping Genesis in his Apocalypse form with ease. And then there's this fight where both Thors held their own against Apoc and stomped him together. So I'm not seeing how Thor has no direct wins on panel or where Apoc is clearly shown to be superior to Thor.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@hellionvulcan said:
@lvenger said:
@hellionvulcan said:
@mr-luxcipher said:

Um Apocalypse only won one fight with Thor, the first time they fought in Uncanny Avengers #6. After Thor got the Celestial enchantment on his axe, he won Round 2. Then Unworthy Thor was stomping Genesis in his Apocalypse form with ease. And then there's this fight where both Thors held their own against Apoc and stomped him together. So I'm not seeing how Thor has no direct wins on panel or where Apoc is clearly shown to be superior to Thor.

Fight one

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

Fight two

Apocalypse dominated each one but he had no clue Thor had enchanted the axe so he left his guard down so Thor could injure him. Evan tanked three/four swings with that axe without it killing him outright,which is impressive since Thor had to attack him from behind to gain the advantage in the first place.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surprised this was bumped and no one mentioned how Jane and Unworthy Thor did against Apocalypse.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#362 morpheus_  Moderator

@noone1996: Scans were posted in the previous page.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

isaacthrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I know is ppl need to stop comparing poccy and thor to thanos with or without the IG......and didn't poccy take on the avengers with Thor there???

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apocalypse wins one on one and no plot weapons and no pis and he might stomp if he ever used all of his powers at once but he always just pounds and blasts thor.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366  Edited By cosmic_reign
No Caption Provided

Apocalypse ftw

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I know is ppl need to stop comparing poccy and thor to thanos with or without the IG......and didn't poccy take on the avengers with Thor there???

The Apocalypse that the Avengers fought was from an alternate timeline and he still dominated Thor with ease.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28
deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor curbstomps.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apocalypse IMO, unless Thor has his axe.

skepta91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No no just no. I know there's a lot of misconception regarding Apoclypse being a god, godlike being this that and the other but honest he'd decimate Thor. Like actually probably turn into his slave too. Apocalypse is being seriously and I mean seriously underestimated here. Yes Thor can fly at rediculous speeds, use his magical ability and well do I even need to explain Thor everyone knows who he is. But Apocalypse is an actual monster. (movie aside and included) it took the combined force of people on level of Magneto, Storm, Cyclops, Jean Grey as the actual Phoenix and so on to defeat Apocalypse and even then he was in a very intese Telepathic battle with the worlds most powerful mind all at the same time. Which make this more interesting because he was even as the Phoenix force still regenerating and able to resist to a degree without even using his actual powers, even nearly fled (and that's jsut the really bad version of Apocalypse from a movie) None the less he really is uber powerful and honestly I think Thor would seriously strugle to fight him. He's bested the Hulk even made the Hulk a horseman when we've seen Thor struggle against the likes of the Hulk and less able opponants. We have seen Batman defeat actual Superman is what i'm trying to say here. People have no idea how powerful Apocalypse truly is and there's a huge misconception of Eearth borns being less able than Interstellar mutants/beings/god which is also rubbish. Look at Dr. Strange and Wanda how powerful are they again? scary powerful same as Jean Grey as the Phoenix. Apocalypse would absolutely smash the crap out of Superman what in gods name would Thor even do to him when Superman would turn him alone ino a carpet rug.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371  Edited By comic_book_fan

Apocalypse

Kranakor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372  Edited By Kranakor

1) Odin (high skyfather lvl)

2) Thor with Odin Force (low skyfather lvl)

3) Silver Surfer (middle cosmic lvl)

4) Apocalypse (middle solary system lvl)

5) Thor (low solary system lvl)

6) Hulk (god planetary lvl)

Odin >> Thor (with OF) >> Silver Surfer >> Apocalypse > Thor > Hulk.

It's my point of view.

commanderming1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really depends on who writing the story and if they make it where thor and apocalypse go out at each other full strength. Or make it where they are easily defeated as while both have been shown great feats of strength, especially thor, their are times they are easily defeated when shouldn't be. We have seen apocalypse takes powerful blows and shrug it off like nothing but then later on those same blows just knocks him down and is beaten. Very inconstancies at times and while I don't know much about how powerful they get in comics, i know It has happen to thor few times as well. I would give advantage to thor though since he is said to have power to destroy a third or quarter of universe if he could and he was able to pull worlds with ease as one of his feats. I doubt apocalypse can lift moons or planets.

noobmaster2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Thor wins.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apocalypse if he uses all of his powers and isn't jobbing

noobmaster2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmic_reign

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmic_reign

Could go either way, pending versions! ;)

Britain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

noobmaster2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noobmaster2001 said:

@cosmic_reign

I'm guessing this is Worthy Thor and standard Apocalypse.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apocalypse he is stronger can grow has more versatile physical and energy powers thor at full power would give him a hard fight but he always needs help to beat Apocalypse

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381  Edited By cosmic_reign

@noobmaster2001 said:
@cosmic_reign said:
@noobmaster2001 said:

@cosmic_reign

I'm guessing this is Worthy Thor and standard Apocalypse.

Still hard to decifer a clear cut winner.

Only time I can remember Worthy Odinson battling Apocalypse is in Heroic Age Avengers(when Apoc and his Horsemen were misplaced in the time stream)...but had no conclusion to the fight. Still tho, AP has shown that he can tank hits from Hammer, so I think it would be a good fight!

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apocalypse from the 12 beats odin force thor too

HammerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor easily.

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor takes this

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor stomps.

Spiders13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Standard Thor loses.

Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor takes a huge shit on this fodder.

Railburner69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor wins.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390  Edited By TonyStark6999
noobmaster2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392  Edited By noobmaster2001

@cosmic_reign:

Still hard to decifer a clear cut winner.

Only time I can remember Worthy Odinson battling Apocalypse is in Heroic Age Avengers(when Apoc and his Horsemen were misplaced in the time stream)...but had no conclusion to the fight. Still tho, AP has shown that he can tank hits from Hammer, so I think it would be a good fight!

I'm pretty sure that wasn't 616 Apocalypse. This is basically the whole fight between Apocalypse, Unworthy Thor and Jane Foster (Generations: The Unworthy Thor, the mighty Thor)

As we can see Apocalypse blasts Jane which she blocks with her hammer. Apocalypse backhands Unworthy Thor to the ground, Apocalypse had wrapped himself around Jane, Thor hits Apocalypse with his axe which causes him to release her, Jane hits Apocalypse which hurts him. Thor and Jane proceed to off panel Apocalypse too. This is a decent showing for Apocalypse, but if wasn't really the greatest fight. I don't think it would have taken two Thor's to beat him. The fact that he's giant too means he's stronger than usual too and even then all he did was take a few hits from Jane. It's honestly inconsistent when we compare it to his first performance against Thor too when he was far smaller. Lets take a look at that too. (Uncanny Avengers #6)

Apocalypse sucker punches Thor and Odinson is sent flying. Its intended that this attack can nearly kill Thor, Apocalypse blasts Thor back which hurts him. Thor smack Apocalypse with his unchanted axe which leaves a dent in Apocalypse's armor. Apocalypse replies with a headbutt that really hurts Thor. Thor realizes he's outmatched and proceeds to leave. Apocalypse nearly kills Thor in a few blows and yet when he's over 3x as big he can't even really hurt him that much with a hit. Thor is clearly not as strong as his worthy self and the fact that Apocalypse would be capable of killing Worthy Thor in a few hits makes no sense considering he failed to seriously hurt/nearly kill some one with one hit to people weaker than Thor, like Namor:

(Namor the Sub Mariner annual #3)

No Caption Provided

Apocalypse hits Namor with two fists here and while Namor does seem to be hurt, he gets up just fine.

Ikarius: (New Eternals Apocalypse now)

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Apocalypse proceeds to dodge his optic blasts, Apocalypse hits Ikaris with a punch. Ikaris is in much better condition than Thor and proceeds to punch Apocalypse and to be fair Apocalypse doesn't look that hurt and proceeds to grab and inpale Ikaris. Ikaris blasts Apocalypse which he proceeds to dodge again. The fight ends when Ikaris blasts Nur's temple which causes them to go into space.

While Apocalypse did hurt some of these people, some of these are his best showings , have context and even they show he can't stomp or even badly injure Worthy Thor. Like I've said previously he's not consistently at this level either. Most of his showings are him being a background character/plotter. Apocalypse doesn't have any consistent showings (or even showings at all) that proves he can even give people like Hulk or Thor a good fight. I'd say he's a high mid tier consistently. That's not even bringing up him failing to hurt people like She Hulk while choking her or getting hurt by people like Angel, Cyclops, Stryfe etc

OT: Thor wins handily. Apocalypse doesn't have the consistency to give Thor a good fight at all or even contend with him.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nur still takes it unless it's current Thor as without his plot weapon, Thor literally has no way to harm Nur while Nur has been shown capable of harming Thor.

noobmaster2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394  Edited By noobmaster2001

Thor still wins. Thor can and has hurt Apocalypse and Apocalypse doesn't have feats to suggest he can beat Thor with his physicals.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor wins. Thor can and has hurt Apocalypse and Apocalypse doesn't have feats to suggest he can beat Thor with his physicals.

every fight they have had except one which wasn't even Apocalypse . Apocalypse has won and stryfe could possibly beat thor and Apocalypse fodderises him it took both magneto and nate who both can beat thor to beat Apocalypse in aoa he has one shotted colossus who can fight weak juggernaut and low end savage hulks by hitting him with his chest and defeated that whole x-men roster in minutes while so weak he could hardly stand

up

noobmaster2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396  Edited By noobmaster2001

@comic_book_fan:

every fight they have had except one which wasn't even Apocalypse . Apocalypse has won and stryfe could possibly beat thor and Apocalypse fodderises him it took both magneto and nate who both can beat thor to beat Apocalypse in aoa he has one shotted colossus who can fight weak juggernaut and low end savage hulks by hitting him with his chest and defeated that whole x-men roster in minutes while so weak he could hardly stand

up

Stryfe has like no feats. Age of Apocalypse isn't canon so I don't see where your going with this. Colossus is a mid tier at best and has been stomped by people like Hulk, Thor, Thing and even people like Iron man and Wrecker so one shotting him isn't that great. Colossus KO'd a calm Hulk with a sucker punch and then admitted his best hits weren't doing anything. Most X-men rosters consist of street/mid tiers so stomping them isn't impressive.

Thor already dented Apocalypse's armor even without an enchanted weapon (see above) and two Thor's (One which was unworthy) already beat him without much difficulty. He nearly killed young Thor with a few hits, but failed to really hurt Namor, Ikaris and even Unworthy Thor (while he was like 3-4x as big) with a hit. Savage Hulk and Juggernaut would beat Apocalypse easily as well.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan:

up

Stryfe has like no feats. Age of Apocalypse isn't canon so I don't see where your going with this. Colossus is a mid tier at best and has been stomped by people like Hulk, Thor, Thing and even people like Iron man and Wrecker so one shotting him isn't that great. Colossus KO'd a calm Hulk with a sucker punch and then admitted his best hits weren't doing anything. Most X-men rosters consist of street/mid tiers so stomping them isn't impressive.

Thor already dented Apocalypse's armor even without an enchanted weapon (see above) and two Thor's (One which was unworthy) already beat him without much difficulty. He nearly killed young Thor with a few hits, but failed to really hurt Namor, Ikaris and even Unworthy Thor (while he was like 3-4x as big) with a hit. Savage Hulk and Juggernaut would beat Apocalypse easily as well.

he has plenty of feats he is constantly soloing entire teams of x-men only losing through pis or being surprised by cable because he talks to much but the feats are there if you overlook the silly endings.

he oneshotted him while near death and defeated an entire roster.

cable with the to virus was able to fight grey hulk and do well he was helpless against stryfe until he started using his full power .

he didn't dent the armor it was friction and colossus is namor level in strength.

doctor223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apocalypse is a beast.

noobmaster2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: he has plenty of feats he is constantly soloing entire teams of x-men only losing through pis or being surprised by cable because he talks to much but the feats are there if you overlook the silly endings.

Considering Apocalypse himself struggles with teams of Xmen and even individual mutants this seems like a high end. Most X-men rosters consist of mid tiers at best, so it's not that impressive.

he oneshotted him while near death and defeated an entire roster.

Who did and scans/issue numbers for this?

cable with the to virus was able to fight grey hulk and do well he was helpless against stryfe until he started using his full power .

No he didn't, Grey Hulk stomped him and had to be saved by Storm.

he didn't dent the armor it was friction

Except it clearly did dent the armor.

No Caption Provided

And even if Apocalypse did have indestructible armor, Thor could still beat him since Apocalypse's physicals aren't as good and Thor could still aim for his head.

colossus is namor level in strength.

No he's not, Colossus has shown to be very inferior to people of similar tier to Namor like Thor, Hulk, Thing etc. Not to mention Apocalypse ran away from Namor and failed to badly hurt him with a two hits.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400  Edited By cosmic_reign

@noobmaster2001:

Cool!

Thanks for your summary, but I've read the books myself and would rather go off the context provided and my own perceptions on it! But I do appreciate your efforts!!

Not sure why you would bring up Ikaris... he's by far no chump, just ask Namor and Hercules etc. Lol

Sure, Thor has better feats, and you can lowball Apocalypse based on other battles...

...but it's all irrelevant! Only thing worth a damn here are their direct battles!

So let's narrow this down to just the 2 and their direct encounters!

Base on that, still no decisive winner IMO