#301 Posted by ImmortalOne (4064 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow smacks him around with his boxing glove arrow.

#302 Posted by tomlikesfries (5341 posts) - - Show Bio

@tommyjones1945:

Your reasoning on this energy thing is kind of poor. First off, if Thor starts absorbing Hal's energy, Hal has loads of options to counteract it: Dissipate it, Form them into solid constructs that Thor will not be able to absorb and slam them into him, or simply reabsorb it bcus they are formed from his will. There are too many factors present, that energy based opponent = win for Thor.

Aren't the constructs still pure energy even if they're solid? Well, anyway, we already know blasts from the ring won't work on Thor. As for the constructs, they can be easily shattered by his strength. Superman could break them with the mere moving of his body and so could Diana with her sword. I admit that Thor is nowhere near as strong as Kal is, but as long as he puts a little effort into his punches, I doubt the constructs will resist. After all, like I said, Wonder Woman has been able to break them before and she isn't as strong as Goldilocks.

This is plain silly. I won't respond to this earth shattering blows stuff.

I honestly don't see why you wouldn't. Saying something is plain silly without any motives is really ironic. I've already given plenty of reason as to why the shattering of planets were caused by his blows. There's nothing wrong in agreeing haha.

As I said we can't put Doomsday's strength into the equation or say he's stronger/weaker. He only appeared appeared for like three pages. Give him some more time or sth. And fighting nameless mooks for 40 days is hardly a feat especially when you'r more trained and stronger than most if not all of them. (it wasn't 80) All the members I have used can harm him. HM with his nth metal, AM with his indestructible trident, ss and waterbearer, RT with his superior wind powers and strength, Cyborg's sonics and Guy with his ring. These guys don't play around and will give Thor hell. As for WW's blocking/dodging, its already been established. She'll block 85%-95% of his blows, so I don't see any issue with her getting hit. Plus she already has durability feats of hers so she won't be KOed anytime soon.

Umm, it was 80 dude... Read the last panel. And even if his opponents aren't as tough as the ones in this gauntlet, the fact that he swung an extremely heavy axe for almost two thousand hours nonstop, without eating or drinking is incredibly impressive. Keep in mind that he was still young in that scan and didn't even had the Mjolnir yet. Thor commands lightning. It can come diagonally too. Simply pointing the claw up won't save Hawkman. Besides, he can't cover both his wings with it. Aquaman is arguably even slower in combat than Thor. It doesn't matter if the trident is indestructible. It's uncomparable to the Mjolnir power-wise. Not to mention that he has tanked hits from Wolverine's claws directly to the face like they're nothing. Anyway, since Thor is stronger, his hammer will travel much faster than Arthur's trident and he has no way of avoiding that. Same applies to the waterbearer version of Aquaman. I've never seen him dehydrate anyone. Still, that'd have to be in contact. Really, I don't see how in the world they'd be able to harm Thor. He can't avoid a FTL flying Mjolnir (happened in Infinity #4, it flew across space, destroy stars, etc) or the fact that Goldilocks could teleport him to space at any second, where he would die without oxygen. He may take a bit longer to destroy Red Tornado, but it'd happen. Thor is too durable. He's endured an amped Ultron-17's energy blasts, a full powered blast from Thanosi that could destroy planets, etc. Cyclones from a morals on RT wouldn't really worn him down. What I just said stands for Cyborg as well. He hasn't got anything in his armory to hurt Thor. I still insist, how could Diana block blows that could shatter planets? And she didn't block a single hit from Doomsday. Why would she rely on her blocking against Thor? Plus, I haven't seen many memorable durability feats for her in New 52 so far. I'm pretty sure that energy blasts that have put down Thanosi would put her down as well.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

#303 Posted by Perethorn (5997 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Barry Allen, maybe WW depending on if she fights with her speed or not.

#304 Edited by XiiX (13584 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern said:

I'm beginning to get bored of this exact conversation I've had with hundreds of people who believe that "Punching in a few micro-seconds" or tagging a speedster with an AoE attack puts Thor anywhere, anywhere near DC in terms of speed.

Well, it's been going on for years on this site(I've had it many times myself), so I doubt it's going to subside anytime soon, haha.

#305 Posted by TommyJones1945 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

@tommyjones1945:

Your reasoning on this energy thing is kind of poor. First off, if Thor starts absorbing Hal's energy, Hal has loads of options to counteract it: Dissipate it, Form them into solid constructs that Thor will not be able to absorb and slam them into him, or simply reabsorb it bcus they are formed from his will. There are too many factors present, that energy based opponent = win for Thor.

Aren't the constructs still pure energy even if they're solid? Well, anyway, we already know blasts from the ring won't work on Thor. As for the constructs, they can be easily shattered by his strength. Superman could break them with the mere moving of his body and so could Diana with her sword. I admit that Thor is nowhere near as strong as Kal is, but as long as he puts a little effort into his punches, I doubt the constructs will resist. After all, like I said, Wonder Woman has been able to break them before and she isn't as strong as Goldilocks.

I honestly don't see why you wouldn't. Saying something is plain silly without any motives is really ironic. I've already given plenty of reason as to why the shattering of planets were caused by his blows. There's nothing wrong in agreeing haha.

As I said we can't put Doomsday's strength into the equation or say he's stronger/weaker. He only appeared appeared for like three pages. Give him some more time or sth. And fighting nameless mooks for 40 days is hardly a feat especially when you'r more trained and stronger than most if not all of them. (it wasn't 80) All the members I have used can harm him. HM with his nth metal, AM with his indestructible trident, ss and waterbearer, RT with his superior wind powers and strength, Cyborg's sonics and Guy with his ring. These guys don't play around and will give Thor hell. As for WW's blocking/dodging, its already been established. She'll block 85%-95% of his blows, so I don't see any issue with her getting hit. Plus she already has durability feats of hers so she won't be KOed anytime soon.

Umm, it was 80 dude... Read the last panel. And even if his opponents aren't as tough as the ones in this gauntlet, the fact that he swung an extremely heavy axe for almost two thousand hours nonstop, without eating or drinking is incredibly impressive. Keep in mind that he was still young in that scan and didn't even had the Mjolnir yet. Thor commands lightning. It can come diagonally too. Simply pointing the claw up won't save Hawkman. Besides, he can't cover both his wings with it. Aquaman is arguably even slower in combat than Thor. It doesn't matter if the trident is indestructible. It's uncomparable to the Mjolnir power-wise. Not to mention that he has tanked hits from Wolverine's claws directly to the face like they're nothing. Anyway, since Thor is stronger, his hammer will travel much faster than Arthur's trident and he has no way of avoiding that. Same applies to the waterbearer version of Aquaman. I've never seen him dehydrate anyone. Still, that'd have to be in contact. Really, I don't see how in the world they'd be able to harm Thor. He can't avoid a FTL flying Mjolnir (happened in Infinity #4, it flew across space, destroy stars, etc) or the fact that Goldilocks could teleport him to space at any second, where he would die without oxygen. He may take a bit longer to destroy Red Tornado, but it'd happen. Thor is too durable. He's endured an amped Ultron-17's energy blasts, a full powered blast from Thanosi that could destroy planets, etc. Cyclones from a morals on RT wouldn't really worn him down. What I just said stands for Cyborg as well. He hasn't got anything in his armory to hurt Thor. I still insist, how could Diana block blows that could shatter planets? And she didn't block a single hit from Doomsday. Why would she rely on her blocking against Thor? Plus, I haven't seen many memorable durability feats for her in New 52 so far. I'm pretty sure that energy blasts that have put down Thanosi would put her down as well.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

Thor's strength could shatter the constructs, though Hal's constructs would very much work on Thor as well, seeing the density he's displayed. Energy blasts are capable of hitting Thor, though if Thor tries to absorb it, I see Hal just dissipating it with his will. If Hal can find a way to shoot the blasts faster than Thor can react, then it'd probably work as well.

Are you serious? I already clearly, point-blanky explained my motives about that feat, and all you said is that it was implied which really doesn't prove anything.

This will probably be long:

1, The guy with the the beard said he was starved for eight days without food, while the third middle panel said Thor fought for forty more days, not eighty.

2, The pointing the claw thing was a joke, but he was weapon can very much block lightning, and if he sees Thor aim for his wings he can retract them/or dodge. Besides most of the time he'll be up close with Thor making it hard for him to summon his lightning.

3. Faster is really up for debate. Here's AM dodging lasers, and rushing and pining WW (over water, mind you) and pining her while having his neck trapped by her lasso.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

4. Versatility wise, Mjolinir's got the trident but it pretty much stops there. His speed feats make him able to dodge a thrown Mjolinir, he's in his strength department, and and his arguably better at hand-to-hand combat, and also the trident's indestructible while Mjolinir has been destroyed b4. I give Thor the win though due to flight, better strength feats and versatility, but AM gives him hell.

5. I couldn't fing the waterbearer scan but its very much possible, and is listed in one of the waterbearer's powers.

6. Flying through space doesn't make you/it FTL. If it did, the GL corps would be unstoppable.

7. Thor is durable but RT has good striking/power feats as well. Knocking out superwoman, renching skyscrapers from their fondations, tearing grundy into two using gale force winds with just one arm. etc. Thor wins if he gets close, RT doesn't make it easy at all.

8. I've mentioned Cyborg's sonics which Thor has no shield against except sheer durability.

9. You are really reaching with DD. FOR ***'* ******* SAKES STOP BRINGING HIM UP. We don't know if he has speed, fast reactions, if he has the same origin as the former, or has the same powers. It was just two pages meant to hook the reader for the next issue.

10. Durability wise she took a punch from DS unscathed, took a blast from Dr Light that was amped by Superman's solar energy, survived hits from the Firstborn that knocked out Orion etc Besides, they don't even matter, she'll probably just dodge 85%-95% of them; and don't get me started on that planet thing.

He stops at either AM, Guy or Diana. CIN.

#306 Posted by isaac_clarke (5958 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't a clue why people see Guy Gardner as a threat to Thor or why people are using New 52 showings of Aquaman instead of the Aquahand Aquaman.

Given the nature of a gauntlet, I say Thor stops at Wonder Woman, because he'll be worn up and exhausted by that point, after some gruelling fights with Guy and Aqua Man. Individually, he could beat anyone here, maybe not the Flashes, but since there is no rest he stops at WW.

Thor's spent weeks without rest fighting and endured torture from Gorr for nearly three weeks - and that was someone who prided himself on tormenting gods. Unless Guy's hiding some feats under the rug he shouldn't be an issue.

And Thor is only slow because he chooses to be. There are multiple instances of him using speed, both in this thread and elsewhere. Just because the writers ignore that aspect of his poweres doesn't mean it isn't there, and "classic" scans/comics are still valid, because Marvel has never rebooted their continuity or characters in the 616 universe.

Debatable, writers have multiple takes on how fast he is. Whether or not Marvel's rebooted anything doesn't matter if they're ret-conning their characters / history.

Should we argue that everytime Superman or Wonder Woman gets tagged by a street-leveller, they have no super-speed? No, of course not. Thet simply aren't using it at that point, or they are surprised, or overwhelmed. Likewise with Thor.

If we wanted to be fair, yes. Superman's a particular big offender - while clearly having superspeed - he sits there like a dolt and takes thrashings from folks that shouldn't even tag him.

Besides, Thor is a proud warrior who likes to fight on equal terms, which is why doesn't insta-BFR opponents like the Hulk when they tangle.

That is again more of a some-times in-regards to fighting fair. A younger Thor after being tortured for weeks happily cleaved his distracted tormentor from behind.

I think every time a character taunts Thor telling him how fast they are he's either knocked them on their rear or had them running in fear. Plus how often does Wonder Woman or Superman find themselves in a book titled '______' vs Wolverine - because Superman (in particularly in any crossover, whether canon or not) tends to find himself somewhat weakened so as to not outshine the other-guy - for that story arc he is that powerful regardless of the circumstances; whether he's sharing the stage with Batman or Spiderman.

So your argument is the narration not specifically stating 'this happening because.' I guess:

No Caption Provided

'Able to shatter whole planets as easy as pebbles' means Mjolnir can shatter worlds easily simply being pointed at them given it doesn't specifically say it needs to hit them. But because we're not idiots we can fill in the blanks within reason. For Thor's fight with Gorr - there is no debate that their specific fight is causing that damage, that Thor's reaction to Gorr and striking him as hard and even harder is participating in the destruction of said worlds. There is no debate the fact Thor's dead-center of such destructive forces that it's an insane durability feat, one that puts him ahead of anyone I remember on that list.

Nobody said Thor doesn't have impressive durability, he just stops at WW. Not really hard to grasp. CIN.

It is when no-one can post an argument using actual scans prove it so far. As it stands, Thor is much more powerful and there isn't much Wonder Woman can do to counter him. And like I said earlier, unless you prove yourself somewhat knowledgeable on the characters present - why should I take your opinion as anything substantial?

@tomlikesfries: Just to point out characters have sucked up Green Lantern constructs like slurpys - they're still energy regardless of their density. But it doesn't matter since no Green Lantern construct would stop Thor from pummeling said Lantern given just anyone with super-strength can shatter them in recent showings. They're personal shielding won't do much better.

And I'd just ignore the other Tommy since he knows jack. Thor's cruised near event horizons of black holes to pick people up (Red Hulk) and himself has insane flying power to get from point A to B if needed. Not mention he doesn't have to be close to his opponent to teleport them-wherever.

Stops at Barry Allen, maybe WW depending on if she fights with her speed or not.

Doesn't matter she doesn't have the striking power to make a dent.

#307 Edited by Wolfrazer (13917 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke: So seeing as your knowledgeable on Thor tell me...does he have ANY(and I do mean any) reaction/combat speed feats? Anything at all? I don't really care if it's him dodging a slow moving paper airplane or something. Because I keep seeing people go "he is slow in combat/reaction speed" which I will go...alright fine, but to what extent? Or can he really not even react to the slowest bit of characters or things?

#308 Edited by rpottage (950 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyborg could BFR Thor potentially, but other than that Thor makes it to round 7 pretty easily. Round 7 he has a tough time; morals on he'd probably take it, but morals off Aquaman w/water-hand would take Thor down through a combination of telepathy shut down (as he did to a powerful telepath, I.E. White Martian) and complete Dehydration (as he has down with his water-hand).

He also doesn't make it past Wonder woman and Wally West (Automatically pre-52) would wipe the floor with him.

#309 Posted by MarlboroMan (2494 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: Don't make me laugh, Surfer and Loki are no faster than humans in combat (Inb4 you post a travel speed scan of Surfer). And even if Sentry and Gladiator are FTL (I wouldn't know, I know nothing about them, would appreciate some scans) Flash makes FTL people look like snails on a daily basis.

Than why do you keep posting in fights including marvel characters, you seem like don't have any idea about what is happening on Marvel Universe obviously. At least don't be overconfident about yourself over Marvel characters which you don't have any idea about

#310 Posted by isaac_clarke (5958 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke: So seeing as your knowledgeable on Thor tell me...does he have ANY(and I do mean any) reaction/combat speed feats? Anything at all?

Yes.

I don't really care if it's him dodging a slow moving paper airplane or something. Because I keep seeing people go "he is slow in combat/reaction speed" which I will go...alright fine, but to what extent? Or can he really not even react to the slowest bit of characters or things?

Since Thor's appearance in comics super human reaction / speed has always been a part of power-set:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2
<------ Read in this order - for all scans

Namely why in Thor: First Thunder they choose to keep this showing where casually catches a tank-shell fired at him in the palm of his hand. But different writers have different takes on the character throughout the decades, sure some have pulled out the fact he is actually fast and can actually react to someone trying to fight him. But since its so infrequent that he uses his speed in encounters - most run the debate that he is a slow brick. Which is fine, because given how powerful the character is as is - it doesn't matter.

Let him rely on the speed of his hammer to drag him around fast enough to make his cape look like an endless carpet or blitz his opponents for him. He's literally let of his hammer to pummel people before, hell he's thrown the damn thing into orbit:

And then waited for the right moment to have it fly back and pummel someone through the chest:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

That's an insanely fast hammer to cross that kind of stellar distance within a handful of sentences - more than fast enough to own most characters you put him up against by tossing it at full-speed at them.

#311 Posted by Wolfrazer (13917 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke: Alright thanks, I mean I don't mind Thor not having many self showings of reaction/combat speed, I just wanted something because it was boggling my mind.

#312 Posted by isaac_clarke (5958 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern said:

@darkraiden: Don't make me laugh, Surfer and Loki are no faster than humans in combat (Inb4 you post a travel speed scan of Surfer). And even if Sentry and Gladiator are FTL (I wouldn't know, I know nothing about them, would appreciate some scans) Flash makes FTL people look like snails on a daily basis.

Than why do you keep posting in fights including marvel characters, you seem like don't have any idea about what is happening on Marvel Universe obviously. At least don't be overconfident about yourself over Marvel characters which you don't have any idea about

If someone has no-idea what's currently going on for a character that should be the norm for debates here. Death Sentry was bullrushed Thor at FTL speeds just to disorient him / catch him off-guard as he brought him to some backwater alien planet. Even the Surfer had a classic speedster moment in his mini where he's flying around the globe making observations of what he sees - which consists of notable moments in other heroes runs as they're frozen in time.

#313 Edited by TommyJones1945 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't a clue why people see Guy Gardner as a threat to Thor or why people are using New 52 showings of Aquaman instead of the Aquahand Aquaman.

Given the nature of a gauntlet, I say Thor stops at Wonder Woman, because he'll be worn up and exhausted by that point, after some gruelling fights with Guy and Aqua Man. Individually, he could beat anyone here, maybe not the Flashes, but since there is no rest he stops at WW.

Thor's spent weeks without rest fighting and endured torture from Gorr for nearly three weeks - and that was someone who prided himself on tormenting gods. Unless Guy's hiding some feats under the rug he shouldn't be an issue.

And Thor is only slow because he chooses to be. There are multiple instances of him using speed, both in this thread and elsewhere. Just because the writers ignore that aspect of his poweres doesn't mean it isn't there, and "classic" scans/comics are still valid, because Marvel has never rebooted their continuity or characters in the 616 universe.

Debatable, writers have multiple takes on how fast he is. Whether or not Marvel's rebooted anything doesn't matter if they're ret-conning their characters / history.

Should we argue that everytime Superman or Wonder Woman gets tagged by a street-leveller, they have no super-speed? No, of course not. Thet simply aren't using it at that point, or they are surprised, or overwhelmed. Likewise with Thor.

If we wanted to be fair, yes. Superman's a particular big offender - while clearly having superspeed - he sits there like a dolt and takes thrashings from folks that shouldn't even tag him.

Besides, Thor is a proud warrior who likes to fight on equal terms, which is why doesn't insta-BFR opponents like the Hulk when they tangle.

That is again more of a some-times in-regards to fighting fair. A younger Thor after being tortured for weeks happily cleaved his distracted tormentor from behind.

@sheenlantern said:

I think every time a character taunts Thor telling him how fast they are he's either knocked them on their rear or had them running in fear. Plus how often does Wonder Woman or Superman find themselves in a book titled '______' vs Wolverine - because Superman (in particularly in any crossover, whether canon or not) tends to find himself somewhat weakened so as to not outshine the other-guy - for that story arc he is that powerful regardless of the circumstances; whether he's sharing the stage with Batman or Spiderman.

So your argument is the narration not specifically stating 'this happening because.' I guess:

No Caption Provided

'Able to shatter whole planets as easy as pebbles' means Mjolnir can shatter worlds easily simply being pointed at them given it doesn't specifically say it needs to hit them. But because we're not idiots we can fill in the blanks within reason. For Thor's fight with Gorr - there is no debate that their specific fight is causing that damage, that Thor's reaction to Gorr and striking him as hard and even harder is participating in the destruction of said worlds. There is no debate the fact Thor's dead-center of such destructive forces that it's an insane durability feat, one that puts him ahead of anyone I remember on that list.

Nobody said Thor doesn't have impressive durability, he just stops at WW. Not really hard to grasp. CIN.

It is when no-one can post an argument using actual scans prove it so far. As it stands, Thor is much more powerful and there isn't much Wonder Woman can do to counter him. And like I said earlier, unless you prove yourself somewhat knowledgeable on the characters present - why should I take your opinion as anything substantial?

@tomlikesfries: Just to point out characters have sucked up Green Lantern constructs like slurpys - they're still energy regardless of their density. But it doesn't matter since no Green Lantern construct would stop Thor from pummeling said Lantern given just anyone with super-strength can shatter them in recent showings. They're personal shielding won't do much better.

And I'd just ignore the other Tommy since he knows jack. Thor's cruised near event horizons of black holes to pick people up (Red Hulk) and himself has insane flying power to get from point A to B if needed. Not mention he doesn't have to be close to his opponent to teleport them-wherever.

@perethorn said:

Doesn't matter she doesn't have the striking power to make a dent.

Yeah, Guy's no threat. Let's ignore his ring, which coincidentally is more powerful and versatile than Mjolinir, and superior speed. Yep, he's fighting Thor so he automatically stands no chance bcus you say so. (SMH)

"I think every time a character taunts Thor telling him how fast they are he's either knocked them on their rear or had them running in fear. Plus how often does Wonder Woman or Superman find themselves in a book titled '______' vs Wolverine - because Superman (in particularly in any crossover, whether canon or not) tends to find himself somewhat weakened so as to not outshine the other-guy - for that story arc he is that powerful regardless of the circumstances; whether he's sharing the stage with Batman or Spiderman.

He's powerful no doubt, and would totally knock the living s*** out of Wolverine, but he's slow. He's got no memorable, or notable speed feats so him being picked on for his speed doesn't hold water.
Let it go. Say it with me "His blows...did...not...destroy...planets". You can say it was implied all you want, but that doesn't make it true. I never doubted Mjolinir doesn't have the potential to smash planets, but up till now it hasn't shown the capability of said feat.
Yeah, ignore me and tom's discussion where I proved WW as well as most of the members on the list had the power to harm Thor. And where he'd ultimately stop at either Guy?AM with waterbearer or Diana. CIN.
Avatar image for magnusthemagnificent
#314 Posted by MagnusTheMagnificent (263 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern:

I never claimed Thor has Superman-like speed, only that he has super-speed to an unknown degree, which comics provide proof of.

I also claimed Thor does not often use said speed, which comics also provide proof of.

Call it CIS, PIS, WIS or whatever. The evidence is there, wheather people ignore it or not.

What's so difficult to grasp about that?

Right, so calling someone a fanboy isn't baiting and trolling?

@magnusthemagnificent said:

@sheenlantern: I don't know. How could I? I'm not telepathic. Maybe, since you're ignoring it.

I repeat, again, Thor has speed-feats. Writers either ignore or doesn't know about them, or say he holds back.

It's consistent for any character that's been around for as long as Thor has, but as long as their is no reboot, they are valid.

The writers don't really care about continuity, they just want to tell their story and/or vision about how they percieve the characters.

My, my. Getting a bit angry, are we?

They aren't valid. You repeatedly screaming they are valid wouldn't make them valid.

Why? Because you say so? Tha's not how it works, and you know it.

#315 Posted by TommyJones1945 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

^I've given irrefutable proof that they aren't. You on the other hand, have just harped that they are. CIN.

#316 Posted by SheenLantern (7611 posts) - - Show Bio

Than why do you keep posting in fights including marvel characters, you seem like don't have any idea about what is happening on Marvel Universe obviously.

Hmmm, were Sentry and Gladiator even tangentially related to the thread? Nooo. Thor was. The Justice League were. I am intimately familiar with both of these things.

How is it my fault that someone brought up 2 irrelevant characters that I don't happen to be familiar with?

Christ, grow a clue.

#317 Posted by SheenLantern (7611 posts) - - Show Bio
#318 Posted by GhostRider29 (2956 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh boy. I can feel the hatred towards Thor and Thor fans hatred towards Dc. Honestly, Thor has surpassed Ghost Rider as my favorite character, but I don't see him clearing this. With morals on for both sides, he'd probably be able to beat the flashes(Assuming they don't speed steal) and probably lose to Superman since Thor would hold more power back. With morals off, for both sides, I could see Thor defeating Superman, Wonderwomen and such. But I don't see any way he'd be the flashes. I grown to strongly dislike the flash more than Superman. And I HATE Superman. I wish they didn't overpower characters.

#319 Posted by SheenLantern (7611 posts) - - Show Bio

@magnusthemagnificent:

I never claimed Thor has Superman-like speed, only that he has super-speed to an unknown degree, which comics provide proof of.

Which happens to be below most street levelers, which comics provide proof of.

Right, so calling someone a fanboy isn't baiting and trolling?

No. Stop it. I mean really, stop it. I've seen Thor fanboys trek through hundreds of Thor comics older than any of us are just trying to find some fleeting example of Thor having super speed. It's pathetic. It's pitiful.

#320 Posted by SheenLantern (7611 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh boy. I can feel the hatred towards Thor and Thor fans hatred towards Dc. Honestly, Thor has surpassed Ghost Rider as my favorite character, but I don't see him clearing this. With morals on for both sides, he'd probably be able to beat the flashes(Assuming they don't speed steal) and probably lose to Superman since Thor would hold more power back. With morals off, for both sides, I could see Thor defeating Superman, Wonderwomen and such. But I don't see any way he'd be the flashes. I grown to strongly dislike the flash more than Superman. And I HATE Superman. I wish they didn't overpower characters.

"I hate Superman because he's overpowered

.....But I love Thor, he'd totally beat Superman because he's more powerful than him"

Hurr durr

#321 Edited by tomlikesfries (5341 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomlikesfries said:

@tommyjones1945:

Thor's strength could shatter the constructs, though Hal's constructs would very much work on Thor as well, seeing the density he's displayed. Energy blasts are capable of hitting Thor, though if Thor tries to absorb it, I see Hal just dissipating it with his will. If Hal can find a way to shoot the blasts faster than Thor can react, then it'd probably work as well.

Are you serious? I already clearly, point-blanky explained my motives about that feat, and all you said is that it was implied which really doesn't prove anything.

1, The guy with the the beard said he was starved for eight days without food, while the third middle panel said Thor fought for forty more days, not eighty.

2, The pointing the claw thing was a joke, but he was weapon can very much block lightning, and if he sees Thor aim for his wings he can retract them/or dodge. Besides most of the time he'll be up close with Thor making it hard for him to summon his lightning.

3. Faster is really up for debate. Here's AM dodging lasers, and rushing and pining WW (over water, mind you) and pining her while having his neck trapped by her lasso.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

4. Versatility wise, Mjolinir's got the trident but it pretty much stops there. His speed feats make him able to dodge a thrown Mjolinir, he's in his strength department, and and his arguably better at hand-to-hand combat, and also the trident's indestructible while Mjolinir has been destroyed b4. I give Thor the win though due to flight, better strength feats and versatility, but AM gives him hell.

5. I couldn't fing the waterbearer scan but its very much possible, and is listed in one of the waterbearer's powers.

6. Flying through space doesn't make you/it FTL. If it did, the GL corps would be unstoppable.

7. Thor is durable but RT has good striking/power feats as well. Knocking out superwoman, renching skyscrapers from their fondations, tearing grundy into two using gale force winds with just one arm. etc. Thor wins if he gets close, RT doesn't make it easy at all.

8. I've mentioned Cyborg's sonics which Thor has no shield against except sheer durability.

9. You are really reaching with DD. FOR ***'* ******* SAKES STOP BRINGING HIM UP. We don't know if he has speed, fast reactions, if he has the same origin as the former, or has the same powers. It was just two pages meant to hook the reader for the next issue.

10. Durability wise she took a punch from DS unscathed, took a blast from Dr Light that was amped by Superman's solar energy, survived hits from the Firstborn that knocked out Orion etc Besides, they don't even matter, she'll probably just dodge 85%-95% of them; and don't get me started on that planet thing.

It's still energy regardless of it's density, thus can still be absorbed. Like I said, there's no point in dissipating the constructs. Doing that won't affect Thor by any means. He is, however, durable enough to tank anything Hal throws at him. Haven't you seen the scans? He's withstanded blasts from Thanosi, Ultron, among others. Plus, Thor can shatter the constructs before they can hit him without any trouble.

Ok? Well, he can't block or dodge multiple bolts coming his way or surrounding him. He's going to be hit at some point. And if they're close, Thor obviously won't rely on his bolts. He's much more durable, stronger and powerful than Hawkman. I don't see how this is even debatable. Tanking is not the same as being hit and still managing to survive. Black Adam's punches are not as strong as blows from the Mjolnir.

Dude, he wasn't dodging Manta's laser in that scan. He just shot the boat he was on, which is why Aquaman said "Ahhhh" and not "Aha!". And WW was holding back in that scan. They didn't want to hurt him in Throne of Atlantis. She was just trying to talk to him. Not to mention that a strong throw of the Mjolnir travels faster than lasers. Not that that matters since Arthur didn't even dodge them anyway. He's never shown reaction feats quick enough to able to dodge a FTL Mjolnir, he's not nearly as strong as Thor and is also nowhere near his fighting skills. Like I've already said more than enough, Goldilocks is one of the most skilled fighters in Asgard. Where did Aquaman get his training? And when the hell has the Mjolnir ever been destroyed lol? Still, why would that matter?

Fair enough then. Still, it has to be in contact, which Thor would avoid at any costs. He can't touch him before he is BFR'd or blasted to the face.

If it wasn't flying FTL, that's only another feat of the hammer's striking power. It destroyed a star and a enormous battleship in it's direction. Not to mention that Thor has flown at roughly 3x FTL speeds by throwing the Mjolnir. Doesn't that prove that he can throw it at such speeds?

It's not like Thor's whirlwinds are weak either. He's able to create whirlwinds strong enough to affect immensely powerful foes like Surtur. Not to mention that RT is nowhere near as durable as Grundy or Thor. Still, I'll take your word for it and say that RT may give Thor a hard time.

And sheer durability is more than enough.

Jesus, ok. That's not my point though. My point is demonstrating how Wonder Woman doesn't rely on dodging or blocking in close combat. And she didn't take the punch like it was nothing. She was bleeding quite a bit and that's a big deal according to you. And, seriously, just try disproving the planet feat! It's not like Ribic and Aaron dedicated a panel to the moon's destruction for no reason except for the good looks.

#322 Edited by ShazamFan666 (560 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostrider29 said:

.....But I love Thor, he'd totally beat Superman because he's more powerful than him"

Hurr durr

The bolded parts are the parts I totally agree with.

#323 Edited by TommyJones1945 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

@tommyjones1945 said:

@tomlikesfries said:

@tommyjones1945:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It's still energy regardless of it's density, thus can still be absorbed. Like I said, there's no point in dissipating the constructs. Doing that won't affect Thor by any means. He is, however, durable enough to tank anything Hal throws at him. Haven't you seen the scans? He's withstanded blasts from Thanosi, Ultron, among others. Plus, Thor can shatter the constructs before they can hit him without any trouble.

Ok? Well, he can't block or dodge multiple bolts coming his way or surrounding him. He's going to be hit at some point. And if they're close, Thor obviously won't rely on his bolts. He's much more durable, stronger and powerful than Hawkman. I don't see how this is even debatable. Tanking is not the same as being hit and still managing to survive. Black Adam's punches are not as strong as blows from the Mjolnir.

Dude, he wasn't dodging Manta's laser in that scan. He just shot the boat he was on, which is why Aquaman said "Ahhhh" and not "Aha!". And WW was holding back in that scan. They didn't want to hurt him in Throne of Atlantis. She was just trying to talk to him. Not to mention that a strong throw of the Mjolnir travels faster than lasers. Not that that matters since Arthur didn't even dodge them anyway. He's never shown reaction feats quick enough to able to dodge a FTL Mjolnir, he's not nearly as strong as Thor and is also nowhere near his fighting skills. Like I've already said more than enough, Goldilocks is one of the most skilled fighters in Asgard. Where did Aquaman get his training? And when the hell has the Mjolnir ever been destroyed lol? Still, why would that matter?

Fair enough then. Still, it has to be in contact, which Thor would avoid at any costs. He can't touch him before he is BFR'd or blasted to the face.

If it wasn't flying FTL, that's only another feat of the hammer's striking power. It destroyed a star and a enormous battleship in it's direction. Not to mention that Thor has flown at roughly 3x FTL speeds by throwing the Mjolnir. Doesn't that prove that he can throw it at such speeds?

It's not like Thor's whirlwinds are weak either. He's able to create whirlwinds strong enough to affect immensely powerful foes like Surtur. Not to mention that RT is nowhere near as durable as Grundy or Thor. Still, I'll take your word for it and say that RT may give Thor a hard time.

And sheer durability is more than enough.

Jesus, ok. That's not my point though. My point is demonstrating how Wonder Woman doesn't rely on dodging or blocking in close combat. And she didn't take the punch like it was nothing. She was bleeding quite a bit and that's a big deal according to you. And, seriously, just try disproving the planet feat! It's not like Ribic and Aaron dedicated a panel to the moon's destruction for no reason except for the good looks.

Its not a matter of hitting Thor. Dissipating it means Thor can't absorb it. And Thor has never been able to absorb energy of that density coming up close at it him super fast. Thor's durable, but I've given proof his constructs are top tier and would definitely harm Thor.

First of all, BA would destroy Thor. Second HM with his nth metal will hit just as hard as Thor, and he's also more manuverable in the air than the Odinson.

The panel b4 the feat, Black Manta had Arthur in his sights. The next panel he dodges them. And nowhere does it state WW was holding back. In fact, in the next scan, she sends him flying and bleeding through a ship, and then he's assualted by Batman. There's no indication they are holding back. Arthur can very much Thor's throw (especially since it isn't faster than light. And till Thor shows any combat feats against top tier hand-hand opponents then his combat skills are only average if not slightly above. I can't remember who destroyed, but it was destroyed, then he had to meet Dr Strange who then fixed it by tying Mjolinir to Thor's soul or sth.\

Thor doesn't know its suction properties(no prep).

UM, it flew past the battleship, and only flew through the star's atmosphere (probably to the flamelike properties, seeing as Mjolinir is now with flames and electricity. And just bcus it flew through doesn't make it FTL. Sure its moving at insane speeds, but it doesn't make it FTL.

Glad we agree on this.

Yeah, the sonics would be tough, but if Thor throw a Mjolinir right while under the insane sound, then he'd probably win.

Heroes dodge and block in certain instances, while others they try to tank it. WW has shown herself capable of dodging/blocking i.e. Her fight with Artrmis/DS/Supergirl etc But again we have to see more from DD. Curious, who do you think Thor would stop at? CIN.

#324 Posted by TommyJones1945 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern said:

@ghostrider29 said:

Hurr durr

The bolded parts are the parts I totally agree with.

Wait, let me get this straight. You hate Superman cus he's overpowered, but you love Thor because he's more powerful than Superman?

No Caption Provided

#325 Posted by DaMainMan (791 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor clears. Flash can't fly. Neither can he run on 2 feet of ice while dodging multiple lightening strikes during gale force winds AND a god of Thunder with a magic hammer and thousands of years of combat experience. WW being the daughter of a Thunder God doesn't exempt her from losing to this one. And the magic vulnerable Supes? Like I said Thor clears.

#326 Edited by SheenLantern (7611 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash can't fly. Neither can he run on 2 feet of ice while dodging multiple lightening strikes during gale force winds AND a god of Thunder with a magic hammer and thousands of years of combat experience.

He can fly, actually. And he can dodge twice that amount of stuff while running across the Earth to get a soda every few femtoseconds.

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
#327 Edited by Baron_von_Santa (5847 posts) - - Show Bio
#328 Edited by Evil-Incarnate (6057 posts) - - Show Bio

I still don't see him making it pass Wonder Woman. I do understand that Thor is fast, but he's never been on DC's speed/reaction level. He's slower than Quicksilver and he'd get manhandled by some of the slower lesser known speedsters. Ironically enough eh has a better chance of clearing this with morals on and I still see him losing.

#329 Edited by tomlikesfries (5341 posts) - - Show Bio

Its not a matter of hitting Thor. Dissipating it means Thor can't absorb it. And Thor has never been able to absorb energy of that density coming up close at it him super fast. Thor's durable, but I've given proof his constructs are top tier and would definitely harm Thor.

Density doesn't matter. As long as it's energy, it can still be absorbed regarless of how dense the construct is. And the Mjolnir's known exactly for absorbing extremely fast energy blasts. It's absorbed Hyperion's heat vision, Pluto's flame, Blaastar's blasts, the galaxy-destroying power of a null bomb, etc.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

First of all, BA would destroy Thor. Second HM with his nth metal will hit just as hard as Thor, and he's also more manuverable in the air than the Odinson.

Debatable. And if you come back to my previous post, I never said that Black Adam would lose to Thor in a battle. BA is still faster in combat. However, he can definitely hit harder with the Mjolnir than Adam would with his fists. I insist in using the scan in which planets are shattered since you haven't been able to disprove it thus far. And I truly doubt that Hawkman's claws would hit as hard the hammer. It's logically impossible, since the claws aren't nearly as powerful and their strengths are highly outmatched. Don't forget that Thor could fry his wings and so he wouldn't be able to fly at all. Dodging is fairly unlikely, since he can be surrounded as we've already discussed.

The panel b4 the feat, Black Manta had Arthur in his sights. The next panel he dodges them. And nowhere does it state WW was holding back. In fact, in the next scan, she sends him flying and bleeding through a ship, and then he's assualted by Batman. There's no indication they are holding back. Arthur can very much Thor's throw (especially since it isn't faster than light. And till Thor shows any combat feats against top tier hand-hand opponents then his combat skills are only average if not slightly above. I can't remember who destroyed, but it was destroyed, then he had to meet Dr Strange who then fixed it by tying Mjolinir to Thor's soul or sth.

The things is, he doesn't dodge them. If he had, he wouldn't have said "Ahhhhh!". That clearly shows that he is getting hurt. It obviously doesn't, but we assume she is by the dialogue. If you read Throne of Atlantis, you would know that. We don't need a background monologue saying "Wonder Woman is holding back, so Aquaman could rush into her!". And even if Diana weren't holding back, that only lowballs her lasso, which is also in discussion, right? Anyhow, I believe she was holding back. Later, she just gets a bit more serious, because she realizes that Aquaman needs to be put down.

I've already shown some good combat feats, including the fact that Thor is one of the most skilled fighters in Asgard. He's beaten Sif, the Warriors Three, etc. I think it's time you posted some fighting skills feats for Aquaman, huh? And, yes, it is faster than light. How then does he travel at speeds that greatly surpass light's speed with a throw of the Mjolnir?

Thor doesn't know its suction properties(no prep).

It doesn't matter. Aquaman would still be taken down before they got close enough to each other. Besides, is dehydration something Arthur would really rely on? Wouldn't it be a little creepy seeing him stalking Thor, trying to touch him?

UM, it flew past the battleship, and only flew through the star's atmosphere (probably to the flamelike properties, seeing as Mjolinir is now with flames and electricity. And just bcus it flew through doesn't make it FTL. Sure its moving at insane speeds, but it doesn't make it FTL.

Like I said, it only proves how powerful the hammer is. Even at not so impressive speeds, it can still destroy huge battleships in its way. But still, it can fly at FTL speeds. I've already said how in the previous paragraphs.

Yeah, the sonics would be tough, but if Thor throw a Mjolinir right while under the insane sound, then he'd probably win.

Not really tough to be honest. Thor has withstanded much, much worse.

Heroes dodge and block in certain instances, while others they try to tank it. WW has shown herself capable of dodging/blocking i.e. Her fight with Artrmis/DS/Supergirl etc But again we have to see more from DD. Curious, who do you think Thor would stop at? CIN.

I personally think he'd stop at Superman. Maybe Wally. At a morals off encounter, he'd have quite a bit of trouble with the Flashes, but they're in character and get tagged by Captain Cold's gun from time to time. The Mjolnir is much faster than Leonard's guns.

#330 Posted by TommyJones1945 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

^Forget I asked. You saying he'll get past Wally thoroughly convinced me you can't listen to reason. GB. CIN.

#331 Edited by isaac_clarke (5958 posts) - - Show Bio

Ouch, wrong again? Who woulda guessed?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11111/111115653/3373227-5882217369-33643.jpg

I like the part where you use scans of Thunderstrike - Thor's stand in and pretend with a grin he's Thor equal:

No Caption Provided

Because they're totally the same right? The latter was probably the only valid (canon?) example I can think of where Thor / Warrior's Three were stomped by Eden in speed. Marvel anyways seems to disagree given the season one treatment of Thor pulling out some measure of speed in his fights:

No Caption Provided

I really like these this new take to boot:

Totally a slow-brute:

No Caption Provided

Sure these aren't particularly amazing speed feats - like that tank-shell catch in First Thunder, but not too shabby as Thor applies Mjolnir's speed to his own in combat and we know how fast Mjolnir is given it's blitzed armed thugs on its own before. Not going to bother with that scan.

Next.

#332 Posted by isaac_clarke (5958 posts) - - Show Bio

Because out of all the Lanterns - Guy is known for using the versatility of his ring (which largely doesn't help at all here). And if said ring was actually more powerful than Mjolnir:

No Caption Provided

The New 52 needs to stop treating its constructs like bad china that anyone with a flex / movement of the muscle can casually shatter. Guy doesn't have superior speed on anyone, arguably out of all the Lanterns I can't recall his being the near the best at all. He one-upped Lobo, but that's about all that comes to mind.

He's powerful no doubt, and would totally knock the living s*** out of Wolverine, but he's slow. He's got no memorable, or notable speed feats so him being picked on for his speed doesn't hold water.

Not current Thor.

Let it go. Say it with me "His blows...did...not...destroy...planets". You can say it was implied all you want, but that doesn't make it true. I never doubted Mjolinir doesn't have the potential to smash planets, but up till now it hasn't shown the capability of said feat.

You version where planets explode for no reason is a dazzling argument - but I'll stick with my perception of the scene. And said perception says in every shape or form a lot of list - Wonder Woman included - lacks the physical strength to make a dent on Thor.

Yeah, ignore me and tom's discussion where I proved WW as well as most of the members on the list had the power to harm Thor. And where he'd ultimately stop at either Guy?AM with waterbearer or Diana. CIN.

For such a powerful version of Aquaman I have no idea why no one can post scan of him at that time, rather than from the New 52. And no - you're wrong.

#333 Posted by PowerHerc (86188 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is stopped by Superman.

#334 Posted by SheenLantern (7611 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the part where you use scans of Thunderstrike - Thor's stand in and pretend with a grin he's Thor equal:

I like the part where you don't pay attention to the scan at all and ignore the part where Cap talks about Thor specifically.

#335 Edited by WarBlade539 (6218 posts) - - Show Bio

I would disagree, Herc. New 52 Supes doesn't have what it takes to beat current Thor.

Avatar image for alessandro_souzamarques
#336 Edited by alessandro_souzamarques (899 posts) - - Show Bio

@damainman said:

Flash can't fly. Neither can he run on 2 feet of ice while dodging multiple lightening strikes during gale force winds AND a god of Thunder with a magic hammer and thousands of years of combat experience.

He can fly, actually. And he can dodge twice that amount of stuff while running across the Earth to get a soda every few femtoseconds.

Flash can only think at femtoseconds and react and move at picoseconds.

#337 Edited by isaac_clarke (5958 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern said:
@isaac_clarke said:

I like the part where you don't pay attention to the scan at all and ignore the part where Cap talks about Thor specifically.

My 'I like the part' is actually accurate. I've seen the scan, I recognized it and I've even had discussions with people on the forums as to why it's a terrible scan to used against Thor's case for speed. Since you know Cap is making a vague reference to something off-panel to cheer up Eric Masterson whose feeling disappointing in himself.

I just made the assumption seeing a scan straight from their fight would make that point crystal clear as to the difference between Masterson and Thor. And that's why I deleted my comment to Cap's attempt to cheer-up Thunderstrike. The fact Masterson can't tag Thor if Thor doesn't want to be hit kinda kills any comparison for speed you make between them.

Don't let me burst your bubble though.

@powerherc said:

And how does New 52 Superman pull off that miracle?

#338 Edited by SheenLantern (7611 posts) - - Show Bio

Since you know Cap is making a vague reference to something off-panel to cheer up Eric Masterson whose feeling disappointing in himself.

"It's painfully obvious that you need help in those areas."

Also, notice how Eric interprets it as a lecture, instead of going "Oh golly, I feel much better. Thank you Cap, for making that up." I don't think the writer put that much thought into it.

The fact Masterson can't tag Thor if Thor doesn't want to be hit kinda kills any comparison for speed you make between them.

I'm not comparing them, you are.

Cretin.

#340 Edited by Stupid_People (1264 posts) - - Show Bio

@alessandro_souzamarques said:
@sheenlantern said:

@damainman said:

"Flash can only think at femtoseconds and react and move at picoseconds."

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/The+Flash+in+an+attosecond_4eb6be_4757617.png

...you sure?

#341 Posted by isaac_clarke (5958 posts) - - Show Bio

@stupid_people: Considering most he's operating no-where near that...

Also, notice how Eric interprets it as a lecture, instead of going "Oh golly, I feel much better. Thank you Cap, for making that up." I don't think the writer put that much thought into it.

Again you're posting a scan of Masterson where Cap makes a vague reference to something off panel to cheer Masterson up. Its about as valid as that time the Sentry defeated Galactus off-panel - which was retconned to him and X-Man doing it off panel. You know just before Ares grabs X-Man.

The argument that "well, you know Cap said Thor had similar trouble in _____ & _____" isn't going to convince anyone who thinks critically.

I'm not comparing them, you are.

Cretin.

So you're posting a full scan of Eric Masterson failing at a training exercise just for Cap's dialogue - which is comparing the two of them? Again it's fairly obvious between their exchange that Masterson's problems aren't Thor's problems - despite how you might try to paint a different picture.

<INSERT POINTLESS INFLAMMATORY RESPONSE HERE>

What I like about the 'cretin' comment it suggests I'm under your skin - yet the same can't be said for me. Are you that guy that was trying tell me about wiki-points on the Vine Thor article once? I could find out, but your response will no-doubt be more entertaining.

#342 Posted by tomlikesfries (5341 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc said:

And how does New 52 Superman pull off that miracle?

I don't think it's New 52 Superman dude. It's just that Tommy is using the New 52 scans because he's never read anything outside that.
#343 Posted by SheenLantern (7611 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke:

Again you're posting a scan of Masterson where Cap makes a vague reference to something off panel to cheer Masterson up.

Seriously, stop saying that he's trying to 'cheer Thunderstrike up', nowhere in the scan does it say that. You're pulling it out of your ass.

The argument that "well, you know Cap said Thor had similar trouble in _____ & _____" isn't going to convince anyone who thinks critically.

What, do you want me to apologize? Fine, I'm sorry that my scan doesn't convince you. Happy?

So you're posting a full scan of Eric Masterson failing at a training exercise just for Cap's dialogue - which is comparing the two of them?

OH, SORRY. WOULD YOU PREFER IF THE SCAN ONLY CONTAINED CAP'S DIALOGUE?

No Caption Provided

Oh, look at that, now the scan doesn't contain Thunderstrike at all. And just like that, your retarded argument that I'm somehow comparing the two disappears.

I said street levelers have commented on Thor's slowness. That's exactly what I posted scans of. What the f*** do you want from me.

What I like about the 'cretin' comment it suggests I'm under your skin

What, you think that's a good thing? You're unbearable. You make zero sense and refuse to admit your argument hasn't got a leg to stand on.

Are you that guy that was trying tell me about wiki-points on the Vine Thor article once?

As usual, I have no idea what you're talking about.

but your response will no-doubt be more entertaining.

Your sophomoric attempts at patronization only emphasize how utterly beneath me you are.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
#344 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6870 posts) - - Show Bio

#345 Edited by Saren (27534 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm starting to lose count of the number of Thor threads that have descended into flamewars since I became a mod....everybody brush the chips off your shoulders before the thread is locked and warnings are handed out.

@sheenlantern Do not insult people.

#346 Edited by isaac_clarke (5958 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane said:

I'm starting to lose count of the number of Thor threads that have descended into flamewars since I became a mod....

That's because its the same environment each thread: with same hot-tempered / strong opinionated posters. If someone walks into a thread thinking one way - there's a good chance they're going to walk out the same way - that's the battle-forums in a nutshell. Although to be fair this isn't much of a flame war - it's mostly just the one guy with a chip on his shoulder trying to antagonize me.

One does not need a thought bubble out of Cap's head to confirm the obvious. But I'll let you interpret it as you wish. As I see it Cap just witnessed Masterson humiliate himself during a training exercise and 'lightly' references Thor having similar issues with the same exercise off-panel, before announcing he will lay out a training regiment to help him.

What, do you want me to apologize? Fine, I'm sorry that my scan doesn't convince you. Happy?

I'm puzzled as to why what you're responding to translates into 'I want an apology.' But it's clear you're shooting for dramatics at this point so whatever.

So you're posting a full scan of Eric Masterson failing at a training exercise just for Cap's dialogue - which is comparing the two of them?

OH, SORRY. WOULD YOU PREFER IF THE SCAN ONLY CONTAINED CAP'S DIALOGUE?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11111/111115653/3382176-0360131555-hgmXc.png

Oh, look at that, now the scan doesn't contain Thunderstrike at all. And just like that, your retarded argument that I'm somehow comparing the two disappears.

I said street levelers have commented on Thor's slowness. That's exactly what I posted scans of. What the f*** do you want from me.

It's good to cut down on page length by reducing scans to the important bit, miniaturizing it or providing a link to it in a response rather than quoting the image. The issue with your attempt is now the context is completely gone from the scan. It's something to work on for next time. I guess you don't see the irony of claiming not compare Thor to Thunderstrike using a scan that has the characters making that comparison.

Since when did humbling the Warriors Three and Thor at the same time count as a street level showing? Because that's what happened in the other scan you posted.

What I like about the 'cretin' comment it suggests I'm under your skin

What, you think that's a good thing? You're unbearable.

It isn't a good thing, at least for you. The last thing you want to do while arguing with someone is let them know they're getting to you, because it makes you incredibly easy to manipulate and every effort to fire back likely is faced with a grin on the target reading your responses. You're better off wit and charm in an argument rather than trying to insult someone over the internet. Namely why I feel like I've already won the race at the starting line given this reaction out of you.

You make zero sense and refuse to admit your argument hasn't got a leg to stand on.

Which argument is that?

I'm referring to a poster who championed an argument about his wiki-point contribution on a character page here as something

Your sophomoric attempts at patronization only emphasize how utterly beneath me you are.

You're presenting yourself in this post as everything you claim I am or am doing. I'm reading an argument where you're claiming not to compare Thor to his stand-in using a scan that has the characters comparing Thor to his stand-in (especially Thunderstrike who spends his career seeing himself as inferior to Thor). Two nonsensical apologies later I hear about how little sense I make. Leading to the final bit where I hear I'm too stubborn to admit fault with my arguments.

Have we talked before here on the forums because I'm getting that impression from your posts - the only issue is I have no idea who you are.

#347 Edited by thorthorthor (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at round #7. Way too fast to tag. Even if he got "EXTREMELY" lucky and got past r8 aswell, WonderWoman will beat him with ease. And if wonderwoman felt sorry for him and just let him win. The flash will beat thor so bad, Thor will quit being a hero and will just become a regular office worker.

#348 Edited by bigcimmerian (10320 posts) - - Show Bio

As somebody said already, you can feel the amount of hatred towards Thor and DC on this thread very easily lol. Thor stops at Flash, no way he beats him.

Avatar image for clownprinceofcrime1995
#349 Posted by clownprinceofcrime1995 (3857 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian:

Cyborg can boomtube him to any instadeath place he wants

#350 Posted by bigcimmerian (10320 posts) - - Show Bio