Thor (Post-Infinity War) vs Zod, Faora, Nam-Ek, and Superman (Pre-Justice League)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for galactusasssdin
Galactusasssdin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Thor (Post-Infinity War) vs Zod, Faora, Nam-Ek, and Superman (Pre-Justice League) (34 votes)

Thor (Post-Infinity War) 41%
Zod, Faora, Nam-Ek, and Superman (Pre-Justice League) 59%

Thor has Stormbreaker and Mjolnir. He takes on all of the Kryptonians.

• 
Oreoghoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonians

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This heavily depends on how you view the scaling of these kryptonians. Nonetheless, Zod and Clark are the only factors here, and I’ll give it to them, but it’s close because of Thor’s Cloak, which is very, very, underrated

X

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol....just compare the fight scenes. The answer is blatantly obvious

You should probably compare zod vs Clark and Thor vs kurse and just marvel at the power difference.

Plus the cloak is useless, not underated at all, destroying fodder that were also destroyed by machine guns is nothing in the face of beings that tank a10 rounds

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor gets completely stomped.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol....just compare the fight scenes. The answer is blatantly obvious

You should probably compare zod vs Clark and Thor vs kurse and just marvel at the power difference.

Plus the cloak is useless, not underated at all, destroying fodder that were also destroyed by machine guns is nothing in the face of beings that tank a10 rounds

Genuinely curious, do you know what split durability is?

X

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By macleen

more Thor wank. He gets stomped

peypey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too much strength for kyps

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea Thor gets beaten up here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: well yeah.... taking the 'full force of a star' and getting a giant gash on your head from a boulder with poor density or concrete pillars. Or you know Diana and sharp stuff.

So how does split durability play into this? Cos superman exposed to 2 minutes of sunlight already proved he can tank doomsday much more powerful electrical emissions and that would easily translate to other kryptonians and please don't say he was immobilized, cos anyone with eyes would see that it was because of the giant Shockwave doomsday generated along with his electricity which Thor does not possess, same reason why Diana couldn't absorb it

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: well yeah.... taking the 'full force of a star' and getting a giant gash on your head from a boulder with poor density or concrete pillars. Or you know Diana and sharp stuff.

First off, you’re being intentionally dishonest here. Thor was not clearly cut by the pillar, he was also hit about 5 times to the face by Ultron before getting that scratch on his face, and as you know very well, that’s a feat for Ultron. As to the boulder it was calced at multiple hundred tons, but even so, we don’t know the exact weight or density of the rock on that planet, so to try and low-ball as if it was clear cut is simply being dishonest.

On top of that BOTH of these feats are pre-Ragnarok amp AND pre-Stormbreaker, so this is even more dishonest due to this

So how does split durability play into this? Cos superman exposed to 2 minutes of sunlight already proved he can tank doomsday much more powerful electrical emissions and that would easily translate to other kryptonians and please don't say he was immobilized, cos anyone with eyes would see that it was because of the giant Shockwave doomsday generated along with his electricity which Thor does not possess, same reason why Diana couldn't absorb it

Gonna assume you didn’t actually read my comment instead of the alternative that you are again being intentionally dishonest. I already said Zod and Clark do in-fact matter here. Clark because he has energy durability feats and Zod because he is

1) Fully adapted, hence scales to Clark slightly

2) Has tanked re-entry, so we will say he won’t be dying to the cloak or anything

How split durability plays in to this is with Faora and Nam, who clearly don’t have any energy durability feats, and they clearly don’t scale to Clark because they never adapted at all

X

Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes solos.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: see this is where I'm going to ask you, what amp? He didn't get faster, stronger or have better durability feats than pre rqgnarok, he just could channel lightning without his hammer, that's literally the only difference between pre and post rag Thor. The boulder was at most 100 tons because it was leaky and weathered and because of the way it broke apart, I think there's a thread on space battles doing a deep dive on that. Please do tell me, what does stormbreaker add that mjolnir didn't have other than the sharp edge, videos and ability to negate the ig?

Dude the difference between a fully adapted kryptonian and the other kind is simply the control of their senses which the mask takes care of. Unadapted zod took a supersonic tackle from superman, at least 8 punches to the face, rammed through 2 silos and exploded a gas station and he didn't even skip a bit. The superman that tanked doomsday's electricity was completely depleted and exposed to the sun for a couple of minutes, this easily scales to faora and namek.

And yes zod wouldn't die from the cloak, he wouldn't even feel it. U

You know, unless you can prove otherwise

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6891767abb2
deactivated-5c6891767abb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor has Kamehameha, Tanked wankilion Neutron Stars. Thor solos MCU and DCEU

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xzone

@DammeFavour said:

@xzone: see this is where I'm going to ask you, what amp? He didn't get faster, stronger or have better durability feats than pre rqgnarok, he just could channel lightning without his hammer, that's literally the only difference between pre and post rag Thor. The boulder was at most 100 tons because it was leaky and weathered and because of the way it broke apart, I think there's a thread on space battles doing a deep dive on that. Please do tell me, what does stormbreaker add that mjolnir didn't have other than the sharp edge, videos and ability to negate the ig?

Brb

Well, as to the strength being amped I’d point you to his ring/forge opening feat. While I do agree these are hard to quatify, they are obviously leagues above what he was doing in Phase 1 And 2 of the MCU. As to durability holding the star forge open with the heat of a star hitting him>>his previous energy durability feats at minimum. I’d say that alone is evidence of him recieving an amp, or at least his previous showings being low-showings.

Again, the Ultron feat is a feat for Ultron

The boulder feat is of an unquantified rock material, which means we actually don’t know how heavy or dense it is, so you can’t low-ball with that.

As to Stormbreaker, it At minimum amped his Cloak which is far more potent in IW than in Ragnarok, so we know it produced some kind of amp, just we don’t know how much

Let’s stay on topic here though. What energy durability feats do Faora and Nam have?

X

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: I’d really like to see you prove how a non-adapted Kryptonian is the exact same as an adapted one, like flight, heat vision, the obvious durability and strength gap, and so on. You’re grasping at straws here

X

Cahddz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cahddz

@DammeFavour said:

Dude the difference between a fully adapted kryptonian and the other kind is simply the control of their senses which the mask takes care of. Unadapted zod took a supersonic tackle from superman, at least 8 punches to the face, rammed through 2 silos and exploded a gas station and he didn't even skip a bit. The superman that tanked doomsday's electricity was completely depleted and exposed to the sun for a couple of minutes, this easily scales to faora and namek.

And yes zod wouldn't die from the cloak, he wouldn't even feel it. U

You know, unless you can prove otherwise

Thor's durability wasn't contradicted after he withstood the full force of a Neutron Star. Unless you can make a case otherwise (which is impossible because Thor's feats in Infinity War are not affected by anything that came before since his durability has increased) then nothing you say can change the outcome of this fight.

Thor is too durable. It's that simple. He may get knocked around for a bit, but he'll one-shot them one by one and defeat the others via lightning bolts.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent said:

Thor gets completely stomped.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST

@cahddz: The Star was fine, which indicates it wasn't the full force of a star but merely a beam shot outta of a star which is unquantifiable. That statement is hella vague. Hey, Superman also has similar statements such as shifting tectonic plates, and being stronger and more durable than a planet.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star level Thor, with his Star level durability and his sparky cloak of lightning solos all of live action.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet XZone creates alts just to make a new Thor vs Superman thread evwryday give it a rest already

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor loses

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman solo's, can't believe Thor got over 30% votes lol.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm off the opinion Thor loses here but the lowball Damme spouts out makes my eyes hurt

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: Thor went from getting a bloody nose from a punch from Hulk to tanking a full ground and pound from Hulk, he definitely got an amp in ragnarok

And Thor getting bloodied by vibranium Ultron when that's literally Ultron only feat should tell you it's a feat for Ultron, same as Kurse

And Faora and Namek definitely don't scale to bvs superman after he healed in space with sunlight, Faora and Namek didn't absorb a single ounce of sunlight

Question, do you think Faora>Thor? Cause that will put everything into perspective

Thor loses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: I understand that you do not read stuff but I literally put a portion in my statement about them mastering their senses. Flight and heat vision comes after that.

Now about the durability and strength gap, I literally referred you to one of the best durability feats in the movie performed by an undapted zod, I would like to list more:

Nam-ek overpowered Clark multiple times during their fight, that would make his strength at least equal, he destroyed an armored warthog in a matter of seconds and hell, the best strength feat in the movie came from this undapted kryptonian; throwing a train across a town with pin point accuracy. Durability, this same undapted guy to an a10 round to the chest with absolutely no damage, tanked the explosion from the warthog he destroyed and this same dude tanked a punch that sent him across town derailing and exploding 500 tons worth of train. Now let's talk faora, she literally treated Clark the same way hela treated Thor, she tanked all his hits, threw Clark hard enough to completely go through an entire building and severely damage an extremely durable vault and she even outmatched him in speed. The only thing that separated an undapted kryptonian from an adapted one was the possibility of a sensory overload.

So many straws mate.

The only reason Clark was able to stay in the fight was never because he was stronger or more powerful than them, their direct confrontations proved he wasn't, it was because he had more experience with his powers, you would notice the dude was always in the air

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@xzone said:

This heavily depends on how you view the scaling of these kryptonians. Nonetheless, Zod and Clark are the only factors here, and I’ll give it to them, but it’s close because of Thor’s Cloak, which is very, very, underrated

X

Something can't be underrated when it has done nothing noteworthy.

OT: Superman solos, Zod solos, Nam-Ek and Faora together could solo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: do something for me yeah? Say replace Thor with a pretty durable anchor and have rocket do the throttle thing, would the rings not move? Now remove rocket's pod from the equation, does Thor have any hope in hell of moving said ring? No? OK, not a strength feat, I would say it's more a durability feat since his hands didn't get ripped off. You can't call one showing definitive and regard the other consistent ones that came before low-showings, do you have any idea what an outlier is?

The boulder is a rock, you were spouting some nonsense about it being hundreds of tons now you think it's unquantifiable because it's alien? The rock is from a planet with similar gravity and atmosphere to earth since Jane could survive on it do its pretty quantifiable.

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/marvel-cinematic-universe-feat-thread.338412/

That's the thread, you should read through that.

Wait what did his cloak do that it couldn't do in ragnarok? Don't tell me you're still not getting how a reaction with electricity can cause an explosion, I mean a lot of people have tried explaining but you still think lightning is explosive.

Energy resistance for them I would say tanking heat vision, tanking a missile and a train explosion, and scaling to a post nuke superman since he was exposed to about 2 minutes of sunlight after getting completely depleted.

Again, the being on earth for 33 years thing so he has more energy store is completely head canon, they are batteries, they obviously have a limit, 2 minutes made him powerful enough to face doomsday.

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: you need to go to all those Zod, Namek and Faora threads where Thor won

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: what about the feat where Thor moved the rings to open the forge when he tanked the force of a star?

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The team wins.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: Oh boy, so many.. interesting statements. Let me get to a computer so I can show you just how wrong you are

X

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By Shinne

@leonardsnart: There's no objective win/lose in these kind of threads.

GladiatorS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:
@xzone said:

X

Something can't be underrated when it has done nothing noteworthy.

OT: Superman solos, Zod solos, Nam-Ek and Faora together could solo.

No Caption Provided

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: Misread your comment, so I’m gonna re-reply to it. In-fact, the cloak has done plenty of noteworthy things, but some people like to ignore feats, covering their eyes and ears to the possibility of someone having a feat. Fact is Nam and Faora simply have no real energy durability feats on par with Thor’s lightning, so they are getting one shot

X

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: there is when the people debating get debunked and leave

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonardsnart: Some debaters will never let Kryptonians lose, and some will never let MCU characters lose. Best you can do is convince a majority, cause some people will literally never agree

X

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rogueshadow  Moderator

Mismatch.