Thor (MCU) vs Cull Obsidian (MCU)

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Come on now, people can't even agree that Thor would beat Cull? Wow...

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@worldofthunder: Those aren't even the only examples though. What about the piercing/blunt force distinction? What about claiming IW Veronica was a street leveler? Correct me if I'm wrong too by the way, but weren't you also the user that claimed She-Hulk giving Red Hulk a bloody nose and Thor a migraine from her blows were unquantifiable and unusable feats? You have conceded and can be rational, but I sure as hell have to drive that point home pretty damn hard don't I? You will always be the guy desperately reaching and trying to figure out a way for the DCEU character to pull a win out of their ass no matter how powerful their opponent is. It's because of your level of bias.

Piercing force IS blunt force except all the force is focused on a smaller area, I didn't say there isn't a difference between piercing force and blunt force, I said there's no difference between piercing DURABILITY and blunt force DURABILITY. If steel has a PSI of 32 tons, a bullet covering 1 inch with 3.2 tons of force will do equally as much damage to the steel as a punch covering 10 inches with a force of 32 tons of force. PSI is PIS regardless of what, if you can't accept that then it's not me you're supposed to argue against and mock, it's real life logic and common sense.

IW Veronica? Do you mean IW Vision? Care to mention when I said that or post a screenshot of that? Even if I said that, it's not out of reach, the guy was WEAKENED throughout the whole movie to the point where he could barely stand up. BvS Superman was at one point turned into a street leveler because he was weakened, just like Vision was. It's not feats or visual evidence that counts for you, you hear the name of a character and already have preconceived power levels about the character in your head and whenever someone says anything contradicting that you get all defensive and start being sarcastic. I'm not exactly sure why anyone should bother.

NEVER ever have I ever said that She-Hulk/Red Hulk/Thor thing and you very well know it. Stop acting cute.

You say this:

You have conceded and can be rational, but I sure as hell have to drive that point home pretty damn hard don't I?

but then you continue to say this:

You will always be the guy desperately reaching and trying to figure out a way for the DCEU character to pull a win out of their ass no matter how powerful their opponent is. It's because of your level of bias.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say anything or just tell you that you just admit to me being rational and conceding. This is just getting stupid now, you're contradicting yourself because you base everything you say here to me about your personal perception of me, a wrong one at that. You claim I do this, yet I have on many occasions conceded to multiple MCU debaters; Amcu, RudeBomberboy1 (who like you had a faulty perception of me but I showed him that's not the case by being a logical debater) Thunderprince, KingofLatveria, BruceRogers and even you on MULTIPLE occasions. Even other MCU fans like Xzone who may not agree with everything I say, has the decency to listen to what I say and listens to my opinion. What's funny is that you claim I'm lowballing Iron Man when I brought his best feat forth in a thread asking his durability levels in which even KingofLatveria agreed with me and admired it.

However, you're so quick to judge me based on your wrong perception of me because I don't view Iron Man as high as you that you lack self-awareness so badly that everything you say here makes you look nothing but a self-righteous hypocrite. You claim I'm biased as hell right after saying I can be rational and concede, but you forget that you're the one dismissing Batman's feats because they make him more durable than ''the king of street levelers'' in a preconceived tier system in your head. You forget that you're the same person who claim 616 Venom, Spiderman and Wolverine are as fast as DCEU Superman when their best feats are bullet timing and at best maybe outpacing bullets when Clark made a character with equally as fast speed as the three mentioned looked like a statue. Don't forget you're the same guy claiming 616 Wolverine stomps DCEU Superman. You also forget that you're the one who just showed the pettiness to claim I lied about Black Panther knocking out Cull when you yourself saw that I conceded on that point multiple weeks ago in a thread where YOU literally tagged me.

I'm a logical and rational person, I concede when someone presents a case to me that is logical and backed with a solid base. You yourself admited this and the fact that I've on multiple occasions have conceded to you should speak volumes. If you're just going to continue whining because I don't put Iron Man as high as you, then we are done here.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: Wait, you say I'm biased for the DCEU but you say Iron Man punches harder than Superman? Hahahhahahahahahaha

It's pretty clear what's what here

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Noone1996

@worldofthunder:

There is clearly a distinction between durability levels when you compare them in fiction. It's extremely obvious. Multiple instances have been cited, but you just plug your ears and refer to real life logic and physics. Guess what? There are no super strong alien monsters that fly around and shoot laser beams out of their ass in real life. Logic and science often goes out the window. So why ignore something that's actually been consistently established even within the DCEU universe, let alone all other fictional ones? It would be like if someone used real life logic, physics, science, etc. to debunk Wolverine's cutting power since it logically and scientifically makes no sense for a 2 tonner to cut through such durable objects and characters like butter. It's just desperate lowballing. You similarly make arguments like that due to your horrible bias. It would make your precious favorite characters far weaker than they really are. DCEU Wonder Woman wouldn't be able to cut through nuke proof characters anymore, would she? Oh wait, she already failed against Steppenwolf's nigh featless armor.

No, I'm referring to your claim of Infinity War Veronica, AKA the Hulk-Buster, somehow being weaker and less powerful than the one in Age of Ultron despite Banner confirming it was the same one that "kicked the Hulk's ass already". Weak enough to, according to you, be comparable to Cull Obsidian who you believe to be a street leveler with a power level around Black Panther or Spider-Man. Ergo, IW Hulk-Buster was somehow street level. Complete speculation based on bias. "HERRR DURR DAT ARMOR KOULD NOT BE AS STRONK AS ORIGINUL BECOZ CULL ES WEAK AN DEY STRUGLE".

My mistake, I looked through some old threads and it was actually rr79 who was dancing around She-Hulk's power output. I did see you in that thread though claiming Clark "stomped" Jen despite clearly seeing the images I posted of her fighting Rulk or Thor. I guess that outlandish opinion comes more from the speed-statue-BFR meme thing you got going on rather than actual failure to acknowledge a power/stat gap between them. Not as irrational of an opinion as my initial claim, but the idea that Clark can "stomp" anyone in the 616 verse with mid tier power levels, including Colossus, is laughable at best.

How am I contradicting myself? I was saying it takes a lot of effort, evidence, walls of text, and several users telling you the same thing to make you concede even when the answer is obvious or right in front of you. It's like you have this DCEU bias where the character you like more wins by default unless someone extensively proves otherwise. You're the guy who goes in a thread and claims DCEU characters stomp without knowing jack about the other and then only concedes after several back and forth walls of text which includes every feat, showing, and history of the character or concept. Hell, I just saw you claiming that MCU Thanos with like one or two Infinity Stones stomps 616 Iron Man. Sure, you'd eventually concede that and change your mind, but only after I posted Tony's entire profile and dozens of scans of him operating nowhere near live action characters, right? You have this "X character wins by default" mindset and it's driven PURELY off of bias. You can be rational and concede, but only after proving in every form imaginable that the sky is indeed blue.

I really don't see how claiming characters, that operate in around the same speed tier as DCEU ones, defeating DCEU powerhouses makes me just as biased or more. Especially when said DCEU characters essentially have comic book street tier durability. Hell, based on your views on comic book Batman, I genuinely wouldn't know where you stood if we compared DCEU powerhouse durability. Is DCEU Diana more durable than comic Batman? Is Clark? Is Aquaman? Don't even get me started on 616 Wolverine. The guy can one-shot and tank Clark's best attacks, not seeing how it's close.

I claimed that MCU Iron Man punched harder than MoS Clark who had virtually no impressive feats at the time besides creating sonic cones from his punches.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wut so Black Panther punches harder than Superman

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor, but it's very close.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 anthp2000  Moderator

Cull

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: Hahahhahahaah, you know what man, that's too much for me to read through and acknowledge every bit from an argument we had weeks ago. I'm just gonna let it go. If you feel like I'm biased, that's fair, you're welcome to think that but I try and as you said I can be rational and concede when presented a logical case, so there's no reason for me to honestly continue this argument other than saying I'm cool with you and I can continue my way and you yours irregardless of our differences. Does that sound fair?

Wakel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor? Probably just.

Cull was beating IW Iron Man who is stronger than previous Iron Man armours, of which Thor struggled with.

However phase 1 Thor has some feats that put him above Cull.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cull smacks Thor just like he did to the Vision.

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Scipio123

@lilbroomstick:

So Thor is as weak as a stabbed and barely able to stand Vision, now?

A reminder of some Phase 1 Thor feats:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Still think Cull is above that?

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is pretty inconsistent ngl

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@void_reborn:

He has enough feats to beat Cull, who is wildly overrated on here.

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Thor...

Supermod111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any version of MCU Thor beats Cull.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Cull scales above that and I could explain why he wins too. DC=/=Attack Potency(the thing that really matters here). If this was a contest on who could cause more damage to the ground than Thor would win.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is this even a question Thor with mid difficulty

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor stomps.

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick:

Cull scales above that

How does he scale above Thor? His best feat is losing to a Hulkbuster suit that was being controlled by an inexperienced pilot. His attacks were blocked by Spider-Man twice, he was incinerated by Wakanda's energy shield and Scott crushed him like a bug.

How does any of that put him above Thor? No way would Spidey be able to block hits from Thor like he did with Cull, and Thor would demolish Bruce's HB armour.

DC=/=Attack Potency(the thing that really matters here). If this was a contest on who could cause more damage to the ground than Thor would win.

Dude, we literally see Cull get knocked on his ass by a single hit from Mjolnir in Endgame. Mjolnir can clearly hurt him and judging by how easily he died to Wakanda's energy shield, lightning should definitely mess him up badly too.

Thor is just on another level.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull stomps him and Hulk out.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Lilbroomstick

@scipio123:

His attacks were blocked by Spider-Man twice

Spider-Man has been able to briefly hold together the Staten island Ferry, lift a building, smack around Thanos(who scales above both of these guys) for a bit, and even rip the Infinity Gauntlet out of his hand for a second. He's pretty strong and these are just feats for him.

he was incinerated by Wakanda's energy shield

Aren't these same shields that tanked ships slamming into them? A feat for the shield. I don't even know if you can count that as an anti-feat considering the shields aren't weak at all.

and Scott crushed him like a bug.

I actually looked back to be sure and surprisingly that's not the case at all. After "Scott crushes him" we see Cull up seconds later for Panther to attempt to stab him and get brushed aside. During Iron Man's snap scene we see the entire Black Order walking until they fade away. Ant-Man isn't weak at all and on top of that he has Spider-Man pulling him back while tanking Iron Man's bulked up repulsors. Iron Man could casually destroy ships and leviathans with his blasts.

How does any of that put him above Thor? No way would Spidey be able to block hits from Thor like he did with Cull, and Thor would demolish Bruce's HB armour.

Spider-Man could probably block a normal hammer swing tbh but not a full powered hit. Not to mention Spidey just came out of nowhere.

I don't see Thor dominating Bruce's Hulkbuster due to being physically stronger though and Cull wasn't even losing, Bruce just got lucky at the last second.

Dude, we literally see Cull get knocked on his ass by a single hit from Mjolnir in Endgame.

I'm not saying Mjolnir can't hurt him, but I personally don't see phase 1 Thor's hits affecting Thanos like Cap's did. Considering what Mjolnir was doing to Thanos using this against Cull is a bit of a reach.

Mjolnir can clearly hurt him and judging by how easily he died to Wakanda's energy shield, lightning should definitely mess him up badly too.

Thor is just on another level.

Well, I'll just point out some of Cull's feats.

He shrugged off the nanotech Hulkbuster hits like nothing and launched it a back with his own punches, even injuring the pilot which is something Hulk failed to do. That Hulkbuster was superior to one who already looked superior to. It was the same Hulkbuster that could lay out a weakened Thanos in EG(who was still strong enough to block a blast from Captain Marvel with his WEAKENED arm). Cull proved to be a physical match for this very same Hulkbuster if not better. Cull also tanked a hit from Worthy Cap(who could smack around and damage an armored Thanos) and completely no-sold Iron Man's normal repulsor blasts and missiles(which could blow holes through Thanos' ship that can tank re-entry speed if you didn't know). Just on weapon attack was able to bring a shielded Iron Man to his knees, a weakened Iron Man on could Titan could still bring a stop to Thanos' attempted backhands. He smacked the Vision(who's on par with phase 1 Thor) away like nothing. Last, but not least he had cancelled out Iron Man's bullrush with an attack fast enough to catch him off guard and strong enough to launch him through numerous New York city-blocks. On top of that he had some restraints that could hold Tony for a bit(same dude that could overpower Peter Quill's restraints that even Thanos struggles to get off).

Cull's energy resistance along with his weapon should allow him to tank Thor's lightning pretty well or at least long enough to wreck him.

Thanos had wrecked Hulk casually and grunting does not change that. Maw even said "let him have his fun" because it was obvious Hulk was no threat there, despite the fact that Hulk used a sneak attack. My guy didn't even use the power stone and one normal punch(the armor didn't cover his knuckles BTW) had Hulk grab his chin in pain. We know he had wrecked ragnarok Thor earlier and took no damage. If it wasn't Thanos that did it then it was likely Cull Obsidian considering he was the first one to step-up when Hulk attacked. Any of the other Black Order members beating Thor(especially if it wasn't Maw) is just embarrassing. Thor obviously wouldn't have been a threat to Thanos on let alone a team of the Black order(who similarly to Thanos didn't have a scratch on them). I could say at least Iron Man and Cull had at least a decent percentage of Thanos' strength based off their feats unlike pre-EG Hulk and Ragnarok Thor. Just to further prove my point here's this

Cull was destroying the best Hulkbuster(better than a bloodlusted Hulk could), took its punches better than Hulk did(even a barely attached arm could send Hulk flying and he gave Hulk a black eye, AND made Hulk lose a tooth lol). Banner was one of the creators of the Hulkbuster and said "this thing already kicked the Hulk's ass". It wouldn't make any sense for Hulkbuster itself to be weaker just encase someone tries to say that. Banner was experienced enough to attach his dismembered arm to Cull and launch him so I doubt simply punching hard with the suit would be trouble.

A serious Thor(bloodlusted according to the directors) was failing to fodderize an Iron Man armor weaker than the one Cull fought.

I think I've made my point so I'm just going to say Cull is definitely the stronger one here.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull stomps him and Hulk out.

At the same time?

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Lilbroomstick

Wait wait wait I'm not even done yet.

Outdated Iron Man and Thor rush each other with Iron Man winning the initial clash
Outdated Iron Man and Thor rush each other with Iron Man winning the initial clash
Cull puts a complete stop on a bullrush from an Iron Man who's better than the one Thor fought in every way and actually turns it into an impressive striking feat for himself. The building in front of them was so far that the full structure was in view and it was kind of foggy. Iron Man is strong enough to somewhat contend with Thanos people. This is no light-weight feat
Cull puts a complete stop on a bullrush from an Iron Man who's better than the one Thor fought in every way and actually turns it into an impressive striking feat for himself. The building in front of them was so far that the full structure was in view and it was kind of foggy. Iron Man is strong enough to somewhat contend with Thanos people. This is no light-weight feat

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: I disagree with a lot of what you said but nice job. I’ve gained some respect for Cull

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: I disagree with a lot of what you said but nice job. I’ve gained some respect for Cull

Well, thanks and it's fair to disagree. Another thing that I'll point out is that I don't see moves like Thor's powerful hammer slams and Hulk's Surtur slam realistically being landed in fights. They both seem a bit too slow and counterable(Iron Man actually dodged Thor when he attempted a move like that). Cull was fast enough to fight Spider-Man and Iron Man who were always on the faster side of avengers at the same time. On top of that he was fast enough to make it to Iron Man in a couple seconds after he launched him. I'm pretty sure if he reacts to repulsors and Spider-Man he should be able to counter Thor going for a fatal blow just like he did to Iron Man when he thrashed him across the city.

I will say I don't think Thanos went all out on Iron Man either but I found the stuff he went up against more impressive and it felt like he could last in a more drawn out fight than Hulk could(who's willpower was kind of disappointing compared to Iron Man and Thor's after they got beat up).

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scipio123 said:

@lilbroomstick:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Cull scales above that and I could explain why he wins too. DC=/=Attack Potency(the thing that really matters here). If this was a contest on who could cause more damage to the ground than Thor would win.

lol cull is not winning here. Thor dented iron man armor with a casual headbutt something even mijonr couldn't do

hulk casually one shotted a levaithan which was calced to be 1000 tons of force. and thor tanked hits from hulk. cull is far below 1000 tons. he ain't damaging thor and thor is physicaly superior and faster

thor 10/10

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor stomps...

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull puts a complete stop on a bullrush from an Iron Man who's better than the one Thor fought in every way and actually turns it into an impressive striking feat for himself. Iron Man is strong enough to somewhat contend with Thanos people. This is no light-weight feat
Cull puts a complete stop on a bullrush from an Iron Man who's better than the one Thor fought in every way and actually turns it into an impressive striking feat for himself. Iron Man is strong enough to somewhat contend with Thanos people. This is no light-weight feat

hmm. Thor put a dent on it with a headbutt. Mijolnr is far more impressive than cull

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Lilbroomstick

@darkthunder said:
@lilbroomstick said:

hmm. Thor put a dent on it with a headbutt. Mijolnr is far more impressive than cull

He put a dent on a weaker Iron Man and oddly enough Iron Man tanked Thor's actual punch much better than the headbutt. Mjolnir itself is stronger than Cull but I think he would beat phase 1 Thor. In Endgame a stormbreaker amped Mjolnir hit intended to kill Thanos didn't put a scratch on Iron Man's armor(it did managed to knock out old man Tony Stark for 3 minutes though). Cull was also implied to be a threat that could crush Vision who's on par or above phase 1 Thor(a stab wound wouldn't make a robot's density weaker).

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Lilbroomstick

@darkthunder said:
@lilbroomstick said:
@scipio123 said:

@lilbroomstick:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

lol cull is not winning here. Thor dented iron man armor with a casual headbutt something even mijonr couldn't do

hulk casually one shotted a levaithan which was calced to be 1000 tons of force. and thor tanked hits from hulk. cull is far below 1000 tons. he ain't damaging thor and thor is physicaly superior and faster

thor 10/10

So Thor's head>>>>>>Mjolnir? I'm not really seeing the logic here. Iron Man already took hits prior to the headbutt. And it was far from casual because like I was saying before the directors said Thor was "seeing red" in that fight.

Iron Man is above 1000 tons comfortably(and so is Hulk for that matter lol). Iron Man was actually the one that finished off the leviathan Hulk flipped(yes flipped as it wasn't even dead yet). Look at 0:05 and you can actually see Thor was physically punted by a leviathan . I wonder why he didn't just stop it like Hulk did. Pretty sure everything in the movie implied Thor was physically weaker than Hulk and landing some hits doesn't change that. Giant-Man had casually changed the direction of the leviathan with a punch and Cull took a stomp from him while being attacked by Iron Man(very casual leviathan killer) and Spider-Man, and shrugs it off in seconds like nothing happened.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: Yes, in all seriousness tho, Cull has a chance at winning as he has legit been stated has a Hulk Level threat a couple of times.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Lilbroomstick

@joker567892: The only way I see Thor really winning is if he fights out of character while Cull jobs out or if Cull just jobs out at all. Hulk was clearly superior Thor and he hardly showed any signs of being weakened. Cull scales above a Hulkbuster better than the one that fought a Hulk that was superior to the same Hulk that's better than this Thor...

Avatar image for deactivated-5ec9790d01218
deactivated-5ec9790d01218

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erkanbeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erkanbeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao Bias fanboys MCU Thor stomps even without stormbreaker

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Eri_Joni

Thor wins.

Erkanbeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bias mcu fanboys think cull obsidian can beat thor, idiots

Avatar image for deactivated-5fcab2f88a72f
deactivated-5fcab2f88a72f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_of_origin said:

Cull absolutely decimates.

You are beyond stupidity

Lmao Bias fanboys MCU Thor stomps even without stormbreaker

Bias mcu fanboys think cull obsidian can beat thor, idiots

Stop insulting people

Erkanbeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erkanbeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erkanbeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erkanbeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor proceeds to mercilessly stomp Cull as Thanos' fanboys cry in a pool of tears about Cull being a weakling.

Erkanbeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder said:
@lilbroomstick said:

He put a dent on a weaker Iron Man and oddly enough Iron Man tanked Thor's actual punch much better than the headbutt. Mjolnir itself is stronger than Cull but I think he would beat phase 1 Thor. In Endgame a stormbreaker amped Mjolnir hit intended to kill Thanos didn't put a scratch on Iron Man's armor(it did managed to knock out old man Tony Stark for 3 minutes though). Cull was also implied to be a threat that could crush Vision who's on par or above phase 1 Thor(a stab wound wouldn't make a robot's density weaker).

vision ain't equal to phae 1 thor. everything u said is not even related to cull

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick:

Spider-Man has been able to briefly hold together the Staten island Ferry,

Stop wanking dude. The webbing was doing most of the work. Peter was only holding two strands of the web together and even then he was gonna be ripped in half unless Tony arrived.

And anyway, what is your point? That Peter is stronger than Thor?

lift a building,

Again. stop with the wank. He didn't lift the building. He was able to slow the descent of HALF a building, which is quite different. It's still impressive, but it isn't remotely close to Thor's level.

smack around Thanos(who scales above both of these guys) for a bit,

He didn't smack Thanos around. He was able to land a couple of punches on him with the aid of Strange's portals. Those punches did NOTHING to Thanos and they are utterly irrelevant here.

and even rip the Infinity Gauntlet out of his hand for a second.

Again, this is pure wank. Spidey was able to (barely) get the Gauntlet off Thanos WITH Iron Man's help WHILE he was semi-conscious AND being restrained by the rest of the team. Those caveats need to be included.

He's pretty strong

Stronger than Thor? Because unless he is, then all these "feats" are irrelevant in this fight.

Aren't these same shields that tanked ships slamming into them?

Outriders were able to get through the exact same shield. And btw, guess what Thor's lightning did to those exact same ships?

No Caption Provided

And before you say: "Phase 1 feats only!", remember that that is just Thor's passive lightning destroying those ships. As I showed above, Phase 1 Thor's lightning was already ridiculously powerful:

No Caption Provided

After "Scott crushes him" we see Cull up seconds later for Panther to attempt to stab him and get brushed aside.

Quite wrong I'm afraid. You're confusing Cull for those Chitauri Gorilla things that Thanos had. Not to mention that that video you're citing is edited to all hell, with scenes being completely out of place to where they should be.

This is the creature that was chasing T'Challa:

No Caption Provided

And this is Cull:

No Caption Provided

They are completely different. Cull died when he was crushed by Giant-Man.

During Iron Man's snap scene we see the entire Black Order walking until they fade away.

Again, you're mistaking Cull for the Chitauri Gorillas. The only Black Order members we see in the dusting scene are Ebony, Proxima and Corvus.

Ant-Man isn't weak at all

Never said he was. But I seriously doubt that he would be able to kill Thor just by stepping on him.

Iron Man could casually destroy ships and leviathans with his blasts.

Iron Man never destroyed a Leviathan by blasting it. The only time he did was in Avengers when he had to fly INSIDE one in order to kill it. His laser was shown to be useless against Leviathan armour in Avengers 1 and he never destroyed one in EG.

Spider-Man could probably block a normal hammer swing

Like hell he could.

I don't see Thor dominating Bruce's Hulkbuster due to being physically stronger though and Cull wasn't even losing, Bruce just got lucky at the last second.

Thor wouldn't beat HB due to superior strength. He would beat it due to his superior speed, skill and striking.

I'm not saying Mjolnir can't hurt him, but I personally don't see phase 1 Thor's hits affecting Thanos like Cap's did.

What the heck? So Thor can't hit Mjolnir has hard as Cap now?

Reminder - this is what Phase 1 Thor can do:

No Caption Provided

That obliterates anything Worthy Cap did.

He shrugged off the nanotech Hulkbuster hits like nothing and launched it a back with his own punches, even injuring the pilot which is something Hulk failed to do.

When did Bruce get injured? It's also worth remembering that Tony was probably better protected due to the fact that he was wearing his regular Iron Man suit underneath.

That Hulkbuster was superior to one who already looked superior to.

Not by feats. The original Veronica seemed to have more weapons, its repulsors seemed more powerful and it had a flying support station with spare parts. Not to mention that Tony is a MUCH better pilot and fighter than Bruce.

It was the same Hulkbuster that could lay out a weakened Thanos in EG(who was still strong enough to block a blast from Captain Marvel with his WEAKENED arm).

Overpowering a weakened Thanos is not that impressive tbh. And IIRC, Carol's photon blasts aren't exceptionally powerful anyway.

completely no-sold Iron Man's normal repulsor blasts and missiles(which could blow holes through Thanos' ship that can tank re-entry speed if you didn't know).

Those doughnut ships were pretty fragile, actually. The one Strange, Tony and Peter were on fell to pieces when they crash-landed on Titan.

Not to mention that Thor no-sold Tony's repulsors when they were over-charged to 475%.

He smacked the Vision(who's on par with phase 1 Thor) away like nothing.

*SIGH*

Dude, did you forget the part of the movie where Vision was STABBED and it was made perfectly clear to the audience that he was no longer in fighting shape. Remember that?

And now you're claiming that Cull hitting a semi-disabled Vision counts as an impressive feat.

On top of that he had some restraints that could hold Tony for a bit(same dude that could overpower Peter Quill's restraints that even Thanos struggles to get off).

So I guess this makes ... Cull stronger than Thanos? Seriously dude, you've gotta stop with this BS scaling.

Cull's energy resistance

What energy resistance feats? The only one you've been able to cite so far gives Cull the same durability as ships that even Thor's passive lightning was able to obliterate.

We know he had wrecked ragnarok Thor earlier and took no damage.

Sure, dude, whatever helps you sleep at night. Let's totally forget about the part where the crowd was chanting Thor's name and the Grandmaster was getting worried and so had to rig the fight so his beloved champion wouldn't use.

If it wasn't Thanos that did it then it was likely Cull Obsidian considering he was the first one to step-up when Hulk attacked. Any of the other Black Order members beating Thor(especially if it wasn't Maw) is just embarrassing. Thor obviously wouldn't have been a threat to Thanos on let alone a team of the Black order(who similarly to Thanos didn't have a scratch on them).

So ... you're now claiming that Cull defeated Thor off-screen, based on zero evidence. You do know headcanon feats don't count, right? The fact that Thanos was holding Thor at the start of the scene pretty clearly implies that it was HIM, and not Cull, that defeated Thor.

What's more, your "boy" looked scared sh**less when Thor showed up in Wakanda. If he was so confident that he could beat Thor, why didn't he immediately try and take Thor on again?

I could say at least Iron Man and Cull had at least a decent percentage of Thanos' strength based off their feats unlike pre-EG Hulk and Ragnarok Thor.

So, lemme get this straight. According to you, this is how the MCU is classified in terms of strength:

Thanos>Cull>Bleeding Edge Iron Man>>>>Hulk>Spider-Man>>>Thor.

Is that correct?

Cull was destroying the best Hulkbuster(better than a bloodlusted Hulk could)

It wasn't the best Hulkbuster, for reasons I have elaborated on above. And the only reason Cull did more lasting damage was because Veronica had spare parts to repair damage, which Bruce's suit didn't have.

You really need to watch the AOU fight again:

Loading Video...

The fight begins at 0:27. The left arm of Veronica is wrecked by Hulk at 0:50.

As you can see, it took all of 27 seconds for Hulk to destroy one of Veronica's arms. Without the spare parts, the fight would have ended a LOT sooner than it did.

Banner was one of the creators of the Hulkbuster and said "this thing already kicked the Hulk's ass".

Well, Bruce's statement is belied what actually happened onscreen in the AOU fight. As you can see at 2:46, Hulk was ripping Veronica's rear thrusters off. Tony was clearly starting to worry, (there were warning signs all over his HUD) and at 2:57, Hulk smacked away a new set of spare parts. Smashing Hulk through the unfinished skyscraper was a measure of last resort.

Hulk only "lost" in the end because he started to calm down, and Tony took that opportunity to sucker-punch him.

Banner was experienced enough to attach his dismembered arm to Cull and launch him so I doubt simply punching hard with the suit would be trouble.

The movie made it abundantly clear that Bruce was an inexperienced pilot. Sure, throwing punches is easy, but making them land - especially against a trained fighter like Cull - requires skill, something Bruce obviously lacks.

A serious Thor(bloodlusted according to the directors) was failing to fodderize an Iron Man armor weaker than the one Cull fought.

Where did Whedon say that Thor was bloodlusted in that scene? The only reason Thor even attacked Iron Man was because he mockingly called him a tourist. The Mjolnir throw Thor hit Tony with was far from his best, and so was the lightning blast he hit Tony with.

There's also the small matter of a canon tie-in comic explicitly stating that Thor was weakened in that scene by the dark magic Odin used to send him to Earth.

Ezra_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull no sold Endgame Ironman's Leviathan busting lasers, walked off the stomp from Giantman which would be higher than the Leviathan punch and was fodderizing the Hulk Buster.

He can beat Phase 1 Thor but lose to the later versions.