Thor & Hyperion vs Bizarro & Lobo

Avatar image for life_without_progress
#1 Edited by Life_Without_Progress (25340 posts) - - Show Bio
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Thor & Hyperion (Marvel Now)

VS

Bizarro (Post Crisis & Post Flashpoint) & Lobo (Post Crisis & Post Flashpoint Faux-bo )

In character

Winner by KO, Incapacitation or Death

Random encounter

Standard gear and abilities

Fight takes place at an unpopulated, indestructible & Earth-like planet

Who'd win? For what reasons?

#3 Posted by Toratorn (8020 posts) - - Show Bio

Feats for Bizarro?

#4 Posted by Darth_Wayne (3022 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1.

#5 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 with Lobo as MVP, his healing factor makes him too hard to put down by all but Thor's very best high end attacks and Bizarro can blitz Thor even though he's slightly more dense than Thor in combat.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
#6 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2, Hyperion is a weak link.

#7 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (4161 posts) - - Show Bio

@life_without_progress: Team. 1 takes this , Hyperion held two realities apart with his hands, then survived the collision

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
#8 Posted by deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79 (12104 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

Holding 2 universes together doesn't make you immune to Hulks punches and getting almost stomped by Corvus... People need to look past outlier feats that are not even combat related. Hyperion is a poor mans Gladiator... a very poor mans Gladiator... And Gladiator is overrated enough as it is.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
#10 Posted by deactivated-59dfd33ed3601 (5575 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by Cull_Obsidian (4161 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge: Sorry but your wrong , he stomped hulk and corvus is pretty tough otherwise thanos wouldn't have chose him to be the leader of his armies, also it was his weapon that did damage , it can cleave on the atomic level, I was giving a durability feat , how is durability bot combat related ?, yes its probably his highest feat so far, but still counts

@somayareece: Something funny ? That puts his durability waaaaaay above team two , hence why they won't win ,

#12 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (4161 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by Cull_Obsidian (4161 posts) - - Show Bio

Another thing , hulk got beat bad by sun god , who Is basically another version of hyperion

#14 Edited by NeonGameWave (19333 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 for the majority.

#15 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (4161 posts) - - Show Bio

And its also a huge strength feat , which is combat related

#16 Posted by Toratorn (8020 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge: weak link? He stopped a planet that was moving 500000 mps. He held two planets apart and survived the destruction of two universes. He wrecked the same foe who was owning Thor (Terminus). He is not a weak link. I fail to see how team two is going to hurt him at all.

If Thor is using his powers rationally (time stop, transmutation, shit like that), team one wins handily.

#17 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge: Sorry but your wrong , he stomped hulk and corvus is pretty tough otherwise thanos wouldn't have chose him to be the leader of his armies, also it was his weapon that did damage , it can cleave on the atomic level, I was giving a durability feat , how is durability bot combat related ?, yes its probably his highest feat so far, but still counts

@somayareece: Something funny ? That puts his durability waaaaaay above team two , hence why they won't win ,

In what way did he stomp Hulk? By hitting Hulks fist with his busted lip? Or when Hulk overpowered him with a single hand and grounded him? Corvus is not tough, at all. The only good thing about him is his spear, the same with Proxima who lost in H2H to freaking Luke Cage. His feat is useless in combat, surviving 2 universes exploding did not stop him from getting hurt by Hulk and even overpowered, nor did it stop him from getting owned by Corvus and Thanos.

Yea and Spiderman said Morlun hits harder then Hulk, Juggernaut or Thor, doesn't make it true.

#18 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

Another thing , hulk got beat bad by sun god , who Is basically another version of hyperion

You need to stop spreading nonsense about things you have no knowledge off. Sun God and Hyperion are not the same person and the context involved in that fight is out of your understanding.

Even though the notion isn't completely false and Sun God indeed stomped Hulk, people tend to overlook which Hulk was fighting Sun God. They assume, given the writer in that moment, that it was Savage Hulk from Indestructible Hulk, which is extremely powerful, however it wasn't Savage Hulk. Anyways, the claim is often made when posting this out of context scan from New Avengers #20:

No Caption Provided

Before this fight, Banner injected himself with a serum which allowed him to gain more control over Hulk while sacrificing strength and potential during New Avengers #19, by overriding his emotions, which considering the core detonator of Hulk's potential, is indeed a factor to take into account. This is forwardly hinted when for the entirety of the fight with Sun God, Hulk was pictured as a Grey Hulk.

No Caption Provided

The fact Hulk was grey during the instance instead of the common green means he wasn't operating at normal levels and was obviously weaker than average. In fact, it is quite visible that when Banner was losing control over Hulk's powers once again he was turning partially green instead of staying grey as he was meant to during the fight in New Avengers #20...

No Caption Provided

Moreover, Hulk's color is actually a quite solid indicative of his power level, as it was strongly implied during World War Hulk: Gamma Corps #3 that devolving him to previous power levels turns him grey when they manage to alter his DNA temporarily weakening him and ultimately managing to snap his neck...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

By the moment Hulk was weakened enough to snap his neck that easily he was completely grey, which is the same color of Hulk that fought Sun God in New Avengers. There's enough proof let alone blatantly shown and described in previous canonical instances to claim he was weakened. Even Bruce Banner in classic days during Incredible Hulk #318 claimed Grey Hulk was weaker than Green Hulk by quite a fair margin at the same time claiming Grey Hulk was him during his first hours of transformation...

No Caption Provided

It is blatantly visible and nigh-irrefutable that Hulk was severely weakened against Sun God and still was strong enough to smack him around. Hickman, the issue's writer, showed Sun God can beat a weakened Hulk, that's about it and it is factually proven.

~GhostRavage

#19 Edited by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn said:

@atheistknowledge: weak link? He stopped a planet that was moving 500000 mps. He held two planets apart and survived the destruction of two universes. He wrecked the same foe who was owning Thor (Terminus). He is not a weak link. I fail to see how team two is going to hurt him at all.

If Thor is using his powers rationally (time stop, transmutation, shit like that), team one wins handily.

That's amazing and all, but how does that relate to combat? He did not wreck Terminus, he beat him via plot device and the Terminus they fought was much weaker then his previous self. The same way Hulk, Corvus, Thanos, Beyonder Probes and pretty much everyone else he fought hurt him. Using high end feats is horrible form of debating... You think surviving 2 universes exploding is cool? Maestro survived the destruction of the entire multiverse, still didn't stop him from getting his lip busted by Blue Marvel, or getting hurt by Ares kicking him in the balls.

Thor doesn't have time stop(this is not OF Thor) and he used transmutation like once in his half a century of existence and even then it wasn't on a living thing... this is all pure nonsense. Thor fights like a brawler he swings his hammer and sometimes calls upon lighting, but is otherwise slow as all hell.

In this fight he can hold his own for a while but Hyperion is too weak to help him defeat Lobo(who has a broken healing factor which makes it almost impossible to put him down) and Bizzaro(who can blitz the both of them).

#20 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (4161 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn: exactly , i agree , but some users on here are dismissing these feats dont know why

#21 Posted by KrleAvenger (26269 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Is Bizarro weak to magic? I'm asking you because I know you're Superman expert.

#22 Posted by FiendishMind (649 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperion's has had some decent feats more recently such as using his Atomic Vision to decapitate Namor with ease and this decent speed showing from Squadron Supreme #7.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

#23 Posted by reaverlation (25939 posts) - - Show Bio

Lobo and Bizarro mop the floor with them

#24 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (4161 posts) - - Show Bio

@cull_obsidian said:

You need to stop spreading nonsense about things you have no knowledge off. Sun God and Hyperion are not the same person and the context involved in that fight is out of your understanding.

Ok first of how dare u say ' i have no knowledge off' you dont know me so its ridiculous saying that , and i did NOT say they were the SAME person i said sun god is basically another version of hyperion as they are both pastiches of superman and leaders of their own justice league copy , the great society (sun god) and squadren supreme (hyperion)

Even though the notion isn't completely false and Sun God indeed stomped Hulk, people tend to overlook which Hulk was fighting Sun God. They assume, given the writer in that moment, that it was Savage Hulk from Indestructible Hulk, which is extremely powerful, however it wasn't Savage Hulk. Anyways, the claim is often made when posting this out of context scan from New Avengers #20:

No Caption Provided

Before this fight, Banner injected himself with a serum which allowed him to gain more control over Hulk while sacrificing strength and potential during New Avengers #19, by overriding his emotions, which considering the core detonator of Hulk's potential, is indeed a factor to take into account. This is forwardly hinted when for the entirety of the fight with Sun God, Hulk was pictured as a Grey Hulk.

No Caption Provided

The fact Hulk was grey during the instance instead of the common green means he wasn't operating at normal levels and was obviously weaker than average. In fact, it is quite visible that when Banner was losing control over Hulk's powers once again he was turning partially green instead of staying grey as he was meant to during the fight in New Avengers #20...

it might be just me but he looks very dark green not grey here

No Caption Provided

Moreover, Hulk's color is actually a quite solid indicative of his power level, as it was strongly implied during World War Hulk: Gamma Corps #3 that devolving him to previous power levels turns him grey when they manage to alter his DNA temporarily weakening him and ultimately managing to snap his neck...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

By the moment Hulk was weakened enough to snap his neck that easily he was completely grey, which is the same color of Hulk that fought Sun God in New Avengers. There's enough proof let alone blatantly shown and described in previous canonical instances to claim he was weakened. Even Bruce Banner in classic days during Incredible Hulk #318 claimed Grey Hulk was weaker than Green Hulk by quite a fair margin at the same time claiming Grey Hulk was him during his first hours of transformation...

The hulk that snapped his neck was GREY aswell

No Caption Provided

It is blatantly visible and nigh-irrefutable that Hulk was severely weakened against Sun God and still was strong enough to smack him around. Hickman, the issue's writer, showed Sun God can beat a weakened Hulk, that's about it and it is factually proven.

~GhostRavage

It was never stated that hulk was weakend , this may well be the case but i havet seen anything that points to him being weakened, and the hulk that fought hyperion was being mind controlled by Abyss , so its logical to think that hyperion wasnt going all out

#25 Edited by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@cull_obsidian said:
@atheistknowledge said:
@cull_obsidian said:

Ok first of how dare u say ' i have no knowledge off' you dont know me so its ridiculous saying that , and i did NOT say they were the SAME person i said sun god is basically another version of hyperion as they are both pastiches of superman and leaders of their own justice league copy , the great society (sun god) and squadren supreme (hyperion)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

~GhostRavage

It was never stated that hulk was weakend , this may well be the case but i havet seen anything that points to him being weakened, and the hulk that fought hyperion was being mind controlled by Abyss , so its logical to think that hyperion wasnt going all out

You didn't show me the knowledge, that's why i said it, you still haven't. So why even bring them up? Space Punisher Hulk is just another version of Hulk except that Hulk beat nigh-omnipotent beings in another universe, so you don't see me bringing that up ever. He is a version of Superman just like Hyperion is, but they have nothing else to do with one another, so it's a moot point to even bring it up, especially considering there are dozens of Superman copies running around Marvel and it has been shown that they vary vastly in power levels even among different Hyperions.

No it doesn't, but even if that where the case the fact that is changing color means he is fluctuating in power and isn't stable, add to that the fact that Banner confirms he made a device that stops Hulk from getting too angry.

What does that have to do with anything? That was Brian Talbot AKA Grey, but what does that have to do with the point Ghostravage was making there?

Except for the fact that Banner outright stated he made a device that allows him to throttle Hulk back when he get's too angry. Except that Hulk was fought Hyperion 2 times when Hyperion was being controlled and Hulk grounded him with 1 hand, on top of that Hyperion shot his HV at Hulk 2 times and while it was enough to decapitate someone like Namor it could not even hurt Hulk, even when he shot him directly in the face. Simply put you are overrating Hyperion based on outlier feats that every other character has.

No Caption Provided

The other people in the thread didn't laugh at you because they are assholes or wanna be mean to you, it's because you are missing the point while making a mistake someone who has basic knowledge on how comics work would make. It would be the equavelent of me saying "Hulk wins because he survived the destruction of the multiverse, punched through time itself, thunderclapped a universe busting attack and one-shot an asteroid twice the size of Earth, also has infinite strength", it's ridiculous to debate that way...

#26 Posted by incursion2 (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

Im thinking team 1

#27 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (4161 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge: btw whos ghostravage ? couldnt see a user with that name ? so are you saying its not a legit durability feat ? you say its ridiculous to debate that way but i have seen many people mention high end feats , i am aware of high balling but surley they count for somthing otherwise theres literally no point of them having those feats ? another point i was making was thta hyperion was and is portrayed as thors equal

i also mentioned the fact that that hulk was grey as it would mean the he is in a weakened state aswell , but im not too familier with grey so it may work different , again t say i have basic or no knowlege of comic at all is a pretty immature thing to say when u dont know me , i said about sun god because it has been purposfully acknowlegded that he is a obvious copy of hyperion , its relevent as they both fought hulk , and to me hyperion and sun god are almost exactly comparable in strengh due to their portrayles although i do agree that there ist nearly enough feats for hyperion and sun god to put them on supermans level

only one idiot user laughed and they havent replyed with anything constructive , so thats a non factor

ANYWAY

lets get back on topic ,

im still going with team one , the match ups would be hyperion vs bizzaro , i can see this being a tough fight where hyperion ultmatly come out on top due to superior durability

then it will be thor vs lobo and as one user has already said thor could put him down with his strongest attacks

thanks for the debate

#28 Posted by Sy8000 (35914 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 outclasses.

#29 Edited by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@cull_obsidian: btw whos ghostravage ? couldnt see a user with that name ? so are you saying its not a legit durability feat ? you say its ridiculous to debate that way but i have seen many people mention high end feats , i am aware of high balling but surley they count for somthing otherwise theres literally no point of them having those feats ? another point i was making was thta hyperion was and is portrayed as thors equal

Biggest Hulk expert on this site, you should check out his CAV's they are really good. He also made Hulk context files

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/hulk/4005-2267/forums/context-files-hulk-vol1-1577088/

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/hulk-187/context-files-hulk-vol2-1764919/

It's not feat applicable in combat because Hyperion has been harmed much less then 2 universe exploding, several times already in the comics. It was just a flashy show off feat. And you should also see how those people get their asses handed to them by those that provide them with many more feats that go against the high end feats. Every respectable debater knows that we use consistent feats and only use higher end feats when they are well within reason for that character. There is a point, it's for the writer to create an affect within the reader, i mean can you explain to me what was the writers intention when Hulk thunderclapped a universe busting attack? Or when in his weakest form(Grey Hulk) destroyed an asteroid twice the size of Earth? Or when he survived the destruction of the entire multiverse? I seriously doubt those writers care about how those feats are perceived in the battle forums, vast majority of them don't in fact. He is Thors equal only in statements, he doesn't still have the feats, which is not that hard to understand when you realize that Hyperion in this thread made his debut 5 years ago, while Thor made it over 50 years ago... He needs a lot more feats for me to see him as Thors equal, otherwise that's a blatant disrespect to Thor as a character.

i also mentioned the fact that that hulk was grey as it would mean the he is in a weakened state aswell , but im not too familier with grey so it may work different , again t say i have basic or no knowlege of comic at all is a pretty immature thing to say when u dont know me , i said about sun god because it has been purposfully acknowlegded that he is a obvious copy of hyperion , its relevent as they both fought hulk , and to me hyperion and sun god are almost exactly comparable in strengh due to their portrayles although i do agree that there ist nearly enough feats for hyperion and sun god to put them on supermans level

That Hulk is always Grey, that's how he looks. He is part of a group called Gamma corps which consistent of several members that have all been mutated by their exposure to gamma, they tried killing WWH by coating a bunch of humanoids in toxin and as Hulk fought those humanoids the toxin got onto him which reverted him back to his weaker(Grey Hulk) levels and each of them also attacked his neck weakening it which allowed for Grey to sneak from behind and break his neck while he was weakened, though it did not manage to kill Hulk since he healed back even from that while weakened. Yes he is a copy of Hyperion but literally nothing suggest that they are the same power, there are several versions of Hyperions some vastly different in power then the other. Again the same logic is applied to Hulk i don't use every version of Hulk as see them as all powerful on the same level, even when it is the same Hulk. Like Savage Hulk, WWH and WBH are all vastly different from one even if they are the same being but you don't see me going around saying Savage Hulk busts planets just by walking on them...

only one idiot user laughed and they havent replyed with anything constructive , so thats a non factor

One laughed and the other posted a meme of "here we go again" because you are using the same tired argument others have tried and failed in the past...

im still going with team one , the match ups would be hyperion vs bizzaro , i can see this being a tough fight where hyperion ultmatly come out on top due to superior durability

Hyperions superior durability being that he survived 2 universes exploding? You are still using that even though he was hurt by Hulk, by Thanos, by Corvus, by Starbrand, by the Beyonder probes, etc... Ok, how will Hyperion deal with Bizzaros speed? The only good speed feat i can think from Hyperion is one that involves travel speed, i can't think of any combat speed feat.

then it will be thor vs lobo and as one user has already said thor could put him down with his strongest attacks

Yea and that same user said he still thinks team 2 wins. I am also not sure how they will put down Lobo to be honest, seeing as the guy survived and continued to fight looking like this

#30 Posted by dondave (41760 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#31 Posted by EternalDarkFury (3121 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#32 Posted by BrainDrain (949 posts) - - Show Bio

The prime of CV.

Anyways team 1 stomps. Thors beating the dogcrap out of Bizzaro in a slugfest just as he beat almost any version of superman under that condition. Meanwhile Hyperion can last long enough for Thor to also help save the day from Lobo.

#33 Posted by TifaLockhart (21439 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel duo. Using New 52 Faux bo feats severely hampers the main man.

#34 Posted by ByondEon (1721 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 wins.

#35 Posted by The_Red_Devil (5082 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 wins , with Thor as MVP.