Thor (Age of Ultron) VS Genral Zod (MOS)

Avatar image for comicfanforever
comicfanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By comicfanforever

first scenario - speed eqaualized

second scenario - same speed for both fighters

No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

I just watch the movie and it`s amazing.Kudos to Marvel.

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

does thor show off more power in AoU? its not out yet in America

HelixFlameYT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod should win here unless Thor gets some good hits off

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@comicfanforever: I'm seeing it this weekend :), without any spoilers does Thor get an upgrade in this movie? He was pretty nerfed in the Avengers and The Dark World.

He one shots a city.

Thor stomps and one shots.

academic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By academic
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

thor cracking ice or a landmass (with stark help) MEANS NOTHING. that hat has never translated into hits against combatants.thats what matters.

thor has never ko loki,hulk,kurse or stark.

here is thor best hit. IT PALES IN COMPARISION.

No Caption Provided

its obvious its the hammer,not his subpar strength compared to a krytponian.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@academic: you really should watch AoU. He litteraly destroys an entire city with one swing.

Thor stomps.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@academic: you really should watch AoU. He litteraly destroys an entire city with one swing.

Thor stomps.

No, he doesn't. It was already falling apart due to the Vibranium.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: The vibranium was only being used for keeping the thing togheter. Once IM disabled the engines, Thor hit the ground and the city blew up.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@i_am_lightning said:

@leo-343 said:

@comicfanforever: I'm seeing it this weekend :), without any spoilers does Thor get an upgrade in this movie? He was pretty nerfed in the Avengers and The Dark World.

He one shots a city.

Thor stomps and one shots.

:O Omg

Woooooooowwwwwwwwww

Avatar image for comicfanforever
comicfanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@leo-343 said:

I would not call upgrade, it looks the same, but he is freer (cut-loose) and a little more violent. He showed better agility at times, at the beginning of the film when the avengers were attacking the base of hydra. He attacked and for a while he stopped using the hammer, and he used speed with agility and an iron bar to attack enemy soldiers. He also has better reflexes on the ground and in the air with the hammer. He destroyed a floating city with the help of Iron Man`s repulsor. The blast appeared to be higher than in the explosion in Jotunheim, yes definitely greater. So, yeah, He is probably a city buster. In terms of speed, it is as fast or slightly faster than in previous versions, in travel speed. In terms of reaction speed, he is less than Quicksilver.

Monte-Cristo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Theres really no need to equalize speed given they have similar combat speed. If Zod is in armor before adapting, then Thor. If he is already adapted i say it can go either way. Thor busting a city was awesome, but he has always had better striking feats. He's not going to hit that hard normally. His consistent feats should be taken into consideration over one high end feat where he charged up for one massive attack. And morals on Thor won't destroy an inhabited city.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor should take both rounds. They have equal combat speed and Thor has the better striking feats and the better ranged attack.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_am_lightning: Yeah agreed. Ironman had disabled the reactor. The Vibranium core survived the explosion, you cearly see it fall into the water when Iron Man is fleeing.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By MasterKungFu

1 thor

2 zod

Master-Danny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

R.I.P. Zod and the rest of MOS cast as well.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I never knew that Slowdinson could do that lol . He wins

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Heatforce

Lol Chris Evans aka captain america feels like superman could bulldoze the avengers in this article so apply that to Zod :)

http://batman-news.com/2015/04/22/avengers-director-joss-whedon-is-pumped-for-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-video/

https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/joss-whedon-is-adorably-pumped-for-batman-v-117087671081.html

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BoringPerson

Speed equalized doesn't do anything. Both have streetlevel combat speed. The only thing speed equalized might do is remove Zod's ability to speed tackle... Or maybe increase his speed tackle ability by giving his flight speed Mjolnir's travel speed.

People bringing up Thor's "better/more consistent striking" are still just going to be disappointed with people answering that he's never hit a humanoid that hard in character. Ever.

Kinda disappointed with the low emphasis on Thor in AoU.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Heatforce

@master-danny: without a doubt that is a great feat, however, kryptonian durability is off the charts (world engine and not burning up in earth's atmosphere). Plus kryptonians have better and more consistent combat speed. Question: was Thor winded after that attack.

1. Zod but it would be close

2. Zod all the way

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boringperson: Thor striking power comments have always been a cop out to me. I have always felt it was just a go to rhetoric, in order for Thor fans to pull a win in battle threads whenever he is faced by someone who is all around physically stronger than him. So they hide behind hail Mary strikes that would take time for Thor to even build up, and that he doesn't commit to regularly and use those strikes as a basis for a win as if Thor regularly hands out those kinds of hits. I doubt that's something Thor can even spam.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@postacrat:

Thor striking power comments have always been a cop out to me. I have always felt it was just a go to rhetoric, in order for Thor fans to pull a win in battle threads whenever he is faced by someone who is all around physically stronger than him.

Oh please, if the Hulk couldn't overpower Thor in a wrestle, I don't see Superman doing it any time soon.

So they hide behind hail Mary strikes that would take time for Thor to even build up, and that he doesn't commit to regularly and use those strikes as a basis for a win as if Thor regularly hands out those kinds of hits. I doubt that's something Thor can even spam.

"hail Mary strikes that would take time for Thor to even build up"

Loading Video...

Yes he dishes them out regularly, he obliterates a tank indirectly by hitting Steve's shield. As in, the shock wave created from Thor indirectly destroys a tank. Thor simply hits harder.

Oh yeah, the final attack Thor unleashes in AoU took no less than 3 seconds to conjure. And it's definitely spammable.

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Postacrat

@rudebomberboy01: had a feeling you or one of the others might be the one to address my post. I'm starting to see a trend in this.

1. Hulk and Thor are not as strong as Superman. You seem to think so and that's fine, I've gone back and fourth with you enough to know you won't be convinced otherwise.

2. What's that video supposed to prove? It just shows Thor getting smacked around per usual. I saw the strikes, like I said they aren't very fast and when they are they aren't very effective atleast not against someone on Superman's level of durability. I have yet to see Thor KO one being with his hands on the hammer.

3. Lastly if those strikes could be spammed he would spam them, 3 movies deep with plenty of opportunities to use it to save his own face yet he doesn't. This is not calling up the kinda of power and serving out 4 of those kinds of strikes inside of 4 seconds, which is like 30 minutes to a kryptonians.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

@postacrat:

had a feeling you or one of the others might be the one to address my post. I'm starting to see a trend in this.

I have no idea what this has to do with anything. I still have the AoU movie fresh in my mind and I'm interested to see what people have to say for it.

1. Hulk and Thor are not as strong as Superman. You seem to think so and that's fine, I've gone back and fourth with you enough to know you won't be convinced otherwise.

I know this, but the strength difference is not that huge. Hulk stopping a charging Leviathan with one arm is pretty much comparable to Clark struggling and ultimately failing to hold up the spire part of an oil rig.

Hulk was unable to overpower Thor, Superman isn't doing that anytime soon.

2. What's that video supposed to prove? It just shows Thor getting smacked around per usual. I saw the strikes, like I said they aren't very fast and when they are they aren't very effective atleast not against someone on Superman's level of durability. I have yet to see Thor KO one being with his hands on the hammer.

You said they were hail Mary strikes which takes time build up. The video shows otherwise, Thor is just as fast as the kryptonians in combat so I don't know where you are going with the speed argument. I have yet to see Superman KO anyone with his fists which obviously makes him weak right? Do you see how ridiculous that argument sounds?

Thor still hits harder than tank piercing weapons(with his fists), and he can hit hard enough to shatter massive amounts of mass. That is what matters. Thor hits harder because he's got the better striking feats.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Thor destroying the city feat.

1. Ironman explicitly states that the Vibranium is holding the thing together. Break that apart and the city collapses. That was the plan.
  2. Iroman and Thor both at the same time destroy the city together. Though the shot looked like Thor hit it last they said to hit it together. Ironman was responsible for destroying the floating island by destroying the core but it was up to thor to make sure the debris is small enough not to cause extinction.
  3. It was explicitly stated that Thor couldn't just destroy the island without Ironman destroying the core first. That much we know. Alternatively Iron man destroying the core would have still sent large debris loose massive enough to still cause extinction.
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Thor destroying the city feat.

1. Ironman explicitly states that the Vibranium is holding the thing together. Break that apart and the city collapses. That was the plan.
  2. Iroman and Thor both at the same time destroy the city together. Though the shot looked like Thor hit it last they said to hit it together. Ironman was responsible for destroying the floating island by destroying the core but it was up to thor to make sure the debris is smallenough not to cause extinction.
  3. It was explicitly stated that Thor couldn't just destroy the island without Ironman destroying the core first. That much we know. Alternatively Iron man destroying the core would have still sent large debris loose massive enough to still cause extinction.

That is what I've been trying to preach in another thread.

The city finally blowing up was a result of the reactor exploding, everything that happened before that all came from Thor's power.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rudebomberboy01: I feel like some people weren't paying attention.

It seemed really obvious to me... like they told us their plans blatantly.

They had 2 roles.
Destroy the core/destroy the island + Make sure the debris doesn't cause an extinction.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rudebomberboy01: I feel like some people weren't paying attention.

It seemed really obvious to me... like they told us their plans blatantly.

They had 2 roles.

Destroy the core/destroy the island + Make sure the debris doesn't cause an extinction.

Thank you!! The city blowing into bits wasn't from Thor's power as it was the result of the reactor exploding, but everything else that happened after Thor hits it up until the explosion all came from his power. I need to go re-watch the entire movie again because.. reasons! :D

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rudebomberboy01:

1. I'll just chalk it up to coincidence then. I was only making Social fun is all, please excuse me. Your right superman may not have that huge of a power difference, but it's huge enough.

2.Also I was under the impression that the old rig was already collapsing so him holding it up or lack there off was more so a matter of balance Vs him standing on a weakened support system more than just strength,was this reasoning not excepted or is it still debated? Thor lacks credible strength feats that are good enough to put him on par with superman, Loki was used to put out a campfire by the hulk while Thor struggled to fight him one on one. I think a case can be made for Superman being able to overpower Thor physically, now how long could he hold Thor before taking a hit from mljnior is definitely something to consider.

3. Thor does indeed have much better reaction feats in this movie and I'm happy about that. However they still pale in comparison to anything the Kryptonians showed, for Thor though they are good feats. I can't lie either, I like your points about striking feats.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To clarify the city feat:

Friday says to Tony, the vibranium core has a magnetic field, keeping the City together. If Thor/Tony just deactivated the core, Friday states the city would simply fall apart, still leading to a massive deathtoll. An alternative is presented where Thor's power is used to vaporize the entire city AFTER Tony creates a heat seal that prevents Thors power from escaping the city and destroying the nearby helicarrier, meaning his power doubles back up. The core and engines are not destroyed, as you see them falling intact among the wreckage. So it is in fact Thors power that vaporizes the city.

Master-Danny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Master-Danny

@spector_rand said:

Friday says to Tony, the vibranium core has a magnetic field, keeping the City together. If Thor/Tony just deactivated the core, Friday states the city would simply fall apart, still leading to a massive deathtoll. An alternative is presented where Thor's power is used to vaporize the entire city AFTER Tony creates a heat seal that prevents Thors power from escaping the city and destroying the nearby helicarrier, meaning his power doubles back up. The core and engines are not destroyed, as you see them falling intact among the wreckage. So it is in fact Thors power that vaporizes the city.

Exactly, to make things easy, Thor amazing striking nearly one shot Zod and his gang.

edit - the thing is, strenght wise (muscule!!!) both Zod and Thor appear to be in the same ballpark, but the destrutive power of Thor is leagues above those of a Kryptonian.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master-danny: Yeah agreed, I just can't see Zod matching or taking Thors best hits, but I believe Thor can take Zods.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_am_lightning: No problem haha. The third viewing gave me clarification and specific phrasing, so I felt I should put it out there. IMO it' salmost at the point were it needs its own thread haha.

Master-Danny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Master-Danny

@spector_rand said:

@master-danny: Yeah agreed, I just can't see Zod matching or taking Thors best hits, but I believe Thor can take Zods.

I will give a better reaction speed for close combat to the General, but the thing is Thor is way to durable. He got up from the ground after the beating of Kurse, with some wounds on the face. Ultimately The amazing destructive power of Thor is well above the durability of a Kryptonian.

And he can repeat the same feat on a scale appeared in three separate occasions - Jotunheim (against the Frozen giants),Bifröst Bridge, the city to fall from the skies to destroy humanity.(age of ultron).

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Spector_Rand

@master-danny: Yeah thats probably the close, though Thor did dodge repulsor beams at point blank range, meaning he really is no slouch.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@postacrat:

1. I'll just chalk it up to coincidence then. I was only making Social fun is all, please excuse me. Your right superman may not have that huge of a power difference, but it's huge enough.

No probs.

2.Also I was under the impression that the old rig was already collapsing so him holding it up or lack there off was more so a matter of balance Vs him standing on a weakened support system more than just strength,was this reasoning not excepted or is it still debated?

No I'm not debating it, I'm just putting it out there. That is Superman's best lifting feat which is casually matched by the Hulk stopping a charging Leviathan in its tracks with one hand.

Thor lacks credible strength feats that are good enough to put him on par with superman

So does Faora/Nam-Ek and Zod, but they were still able to trade blows with him. In fact, Zod's best strength feat was pushing that massive tanker truck with his foot, and that pales in comparison to Superman, yet he was able to go blow to blow with Superman.

Loki was used to put out a campfire by the hulk while Thor struggled to fight him one on one.

Have you ever had a fight with one of your younger toddler siblings who is at least 10 years younger than you? (assuming you have younger siblings here). Thor outright states that he had always held back himself against Loki when they fought.

I think a case can be made for Superman being able to overpower Thor physically, now how long could he hold Thor before taking a hit from mljnior is definitely something to consider.

And like I said before, if the Hulk (who has comparable strength feats to Clark) couldn't overpower Thor in a wrestle, i don't see how Superman will be able to completely overpower him.

3. Thor does indeed have much better reaction feats in this movie and I'm happy about that. However they still pale in comparison to anything the Kryptonians showed, for Thor though they are good feats. I can't lie either, I like your points about striking feats.

I really doubt that. What reaction feats do they have? list them and I'll respond to each one of them with Thor's reaction feats which are just as impressive if not more than them.

@spector_rand:

Thank you for that! All in all, it is a very impressive feat for Thor. I have to re-watch the movie again.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#41  Edited By GXrevolution96

I just skimmed through the pirate copy and Thor did not "obliterate" the tank. Not even close. That is huge hyperbole. The shockwave merely took the turret off but hull was left completely intact, including the turret itself. The force only knocked the Hydra soldiers a couple of metres back or so. I'll post the gif later.

Thor taking punches from Ultron is not really that impressive when you consiered that the latter had no noteworthy striking feats/strength feats, at least from what I can remember. The only thing that he had going for him was his durability. And all we know from that is that he is highly resistant to energy biased attacks. He is not as strong as Zod. Additionally, Thor was struggling with Loki strength wise. And before I get the whole "he was holding back", that could simply mean that he wasn't going for the kill, rather than him not giving it his all in the fight. Either way, you could visibly see him putting effort in.

Also, Thor destroying that large landmass seems inconsistent when you compare it to his other showings in the film. He does not come close to displaying that kind of power before hand, and his lightning attack against Ultron was nowhere near as potent. It was a very small stream. All I am saying here is that Thor's feat there doesn't give him the auto win over Zod.

Thor's H2H showings and reactions frets are indeed better than Clark's and he did show better strength feats without his hammer. He threw a civilian about hundred feet into the air with one arm. However, Zod is much better fighter than Clark, by a lot, and us stronger and more dupable overall IMO, albeit the gap has lessoned after this film. I still think Zod takes this, but with more difficulty. Someone actually broke down the fight on a youtube video , and it was shown that Clark was outclassed in H2H. The number of hits he landed compared to Zod was vast.

After this film, I think Clark and Zod are the only krptonians that can take Thor.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just skimmed through the pirate copy and Thor did not "obliterate" the tank. Not even close. That is huge hyperbole. The shockwave merely took the turret off but hull was left completely intact, including the turret itself. The force only knocked the Hydra soldiers a couple of metres back or so. I'll post the gif later.

Thor taking punches from Ultron is not really that impressive when you consiered that the latter had no noteworthy striking feats/strength feats, at least from what I can remember. The only thing that he had going for him was his durability. And all we know from that is that he is highly resistant to energy biased attacks. He is not as strong as Zod. Additionally, Thor was struggling with Loki strength wise. And before I get the whole "he was holding back", that could simply mean that he wasn't going for the kill, rather than him not giving it his all in the fight. Either way, you could visibly see him putting effort in.

Also, Thor destroying that large landmass seems inconsistent when you compare it to his other showings in the film. He does not come anywhere near close to displaying that kind of power before hand, and his lightning attack against Ultron was nowhere near as potent. It was a very small stream. All I am saying here is that Thor's feat there doesn't give him the auto win over Clark.

Thor's H2H showings and reactions frets are indeed better than Clark's and he did show better strength feats without his hammer. He threw a civilian about hundred feet into the air with one arm. However, Zod is still stronger and more dupable overall IMO, albeit the gap has lessoned. I still think Zod takes this, but with more difficulty. He is soldier and is much better fighter than Clark, so he can contend with Thor in that that department. Someone actually broke down the fight on youtube video, and it was shown that Clark was outclassed. The number of hits he landed compared to Zod was vast.

After this film, I think Clark and Zod are the only krptonians that can take Thor.

He has always held himself back. He did a similar feat in TDW, but in a much lesser scale.

Ultron is stronger than IM, that's for sure. Also, Loki is arguably as strong as Thor, given he's a different kind of Frost Giant.

Zod has almost no strength feats and his striking feats are nowhere near Thor's. Also, the gap between is so tight now i don't think it can be used as an excuse for Zod to autowin.

Thor still stomps.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: Yeah agreed on the tank, it just split the two parts.

The Ultron thing is tricky here. I just took that as Ultron was physically stronger than Thor, though to what degree really can't be quantified. It shouldn't be used as a feat for him for sure. The Loki thing, i'm in the boat that he was restraining himself, which he outright states. While he was trying yes, it may have just been to try and restrain him long enough to make his point. He overpowers him easily enough when he picks him up.

I disagree. He destroys a continent in Jotunheim and destroys the rainbow bridge. Both seem fairly consistent with this feat IMO. Also the fact that it was a sustained stream should give it some weight and the power of it can't be determined, only that it played a hand in harming MK IV Ultron who was made of Vibranium. IMO I wouldn't assume Thor would use this often, nut if he did any Kryptonian is down. Problem is he hasn't used in any one on ones fights, though that could be because of collateral damage. On all occasions where it was required (Vs Hulk, Battle of New York, Vs Kurse and Malekith) civilians where present, so in a one on one counter I see no reason why he wouldn't.

Now I disagree with saying Zod is more durable. Thor has a plethora of durability feats, only being knocked out twice (while powered), and both occasions were well and above anything Zod took. On top of that, Thor most assuredly has more powerfull striking feats and I would say they are at worst equal and at best Thor takes a slight strength advantage, but this is hard to gauge as most fights he has Mjolnir. Skill, Thor shows better combat speed and fighting skill.

IMO, Thor has better skill, durability, destructive power and striking feats, meaning he takes this in a good fight. It's hardly a stomp, but he takes a clean majority.

gingerpenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spector_rand:

Well Zod did reenter earths atmosphere unscathed and he has never bled. In fact neither Clark nor Zod showed any signs of damage besides the obvious neck break.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: they weren't scratched, so what? Superman got stunned by bullets, that's adurability showing right there.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: Supes was cut and bleeding as a result of the defence drone

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

R.I.P. Zod and the rest of MOS cast as well.

Damn...

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_am_lightning:

I don't recall superman being stunned by bullets. Are you talking about the Attack helicopters in smallville? Even then I don't recall him being stunned. In fact he even dodged those gatling rounds (they were gatling rounds) at one point. Does Thor dodge bullets in AOU? Either way I always fall back to Loki stabbing thor with a knife and Thor looking concerned about being dropped out of the shield helicarrier. The kryptonains have never been breeched, even while reentering earths atmosphere.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: i'm on my phone but i'll post the gif here later.

Oh yes, because being stabbed by someone equally as strong as you are is tottaly a bad durability showing. Also, when was Thor ever concerned about falling off the Helicarrier.