This is War: Floopay's Team-Up Tournament

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@betatesthighlander1: Mr_Ingenuity, Omgomgwtfwtf, fetts, are waiting on partners. And if you just wanna save a spot I can serve as a temporary partner until round 3 (you will still debate against people, but with me as a partner).

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@fetts: @mr_ingenuity@omgomgwtfwtf wanna do this?

@floopay said:

@betatesthighlander1: Mr_Ingenuity, Omgomgwtfwtf, fetts, are waiting on partners. And if you just wanna save a spot I can serve as a temporary partner until round 3 (you will still debate against people, but with me as a partner).

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

good to know

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay@cadencev2 Alright, so this is our FINAL team.

• Champions: Zoro (Pre TS)/Ultimate Captain America
  • The Leader: Big Boss
  • The Mastermind: Otacon
  • The Meatshield: Miles
  • The Scout: Psycho Mantis (IDW)
  • The Wildcard: Solid Snake (IDW/Games)
  • The Minions: Genome Soldiers/Arsenal Tengu

Now just one final question: if Cadence and I use IDW comics Solid Snake, which covered Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2, can we still use MGS4 feats as well? Guns of The Patriots didn't get a comic book adaptation, but it's still within the timeline of the graphic novels.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/28/metal-gear-solid-newbies-should-start-with-mgs3-due-to-modern-controls-says-kojima/

Hideo Kojima recommends that players skip the first two games entirely and just read the novels for the story before playing MGS4.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: how do you stand on characters with specified AoE negation abilities?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@thedarklordpandamonium: Not to barge in or anything but Galen never brought down the Star Destroyer it was already falling all he did was simply guided towards the junk canon (I have the quotes and scans to prove it of you want)

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: Not to barge in or anything but Galen never brought down the Star Destroyer it was already falling all he did was simply guided towards the junk canon (I have the quotes and scans to prove it of you want)

So you think he'd be inside the limits? @i_like_swords

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: will we have team deliberation later, or should we try to raise questions of power now?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

So you think he'd be inside the limits? @i_like_swords

That's what I thought as well. I can't remember him breaking the TK limits, and I certainly wouldn't use an above 2 ton TK feat, or try to sneak him in. But I'd rather find a replacement anyway to avoid making a problem out of it.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: I already stated this, comic versions are limited exclusively to comic feats. If we use game versions then we have crossover feats and have to consider them the same version. That's just how it is.

@betatesthighlander1 I will be making a team deliberation thread. I have no problem with negation spells, as long as it's in the limits.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Well unless one wants to call guiding an already falling Star Destroyer and knocking down a AT-ST over the 2 limit. You should be good. For speed Galen is within the limit imo, his best speed feat is moving faster then Juno could see (something Spider-Man can do) reflecting a dozen blaster bolts (again something Pete maybe able to replicate) and keeping up with Vader ( one could argue If this puts him above the speed limit but one could also argue it does not. Someone like me can argue and win for both sides of the coin) That's just my two senses on Galen if it means anything. xD

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@nickzambuto: I already stated this, comic versions are limited exclusively to comic feats. If we use game versions then we have crossover feats and have to consider them the same version. That's just how it is.

This is kinda untrue as well. Example is all the feats for MGS3, Peace Walker, MG, MG2, and the new MGS5 Game are all before the Comic Timeline which diverges from the Games then.

So those games of the canon establish before the Comic Timeline are canon to the comic.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

@dccomicsrule2011: Galen crushes AT-ST or whatever the smaller ones are called with the force. he also stopped it from going farther yeah not as impressive as actually bringing it down but he actually stopped it.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay Me and @sync1 are no longer a team cause everyone im good with using is over the limit in some way. so you can drop me out.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

This is kinda untrue as well. Example is all the feats for MGS3, Peace Walker, MG, MG2, and the new MGS5 Game are all before the Comic Timeline which diverges from the Games then.

So those games of the canon establish before the Comic Timeline are canon to the comic.

I will not allow crossover feats. If two versions are canon at the same time, then they are considered the same version. So pick one or the other.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Well unless one wants to call guiding an already falling Star Destroyer and knocking down a AT-ST over the 2 limit. You should be good. For speed Galen is within the limit imo, his best speed feat is moving faster then Juno could see (something Spider-Man can do) reflecting a dozen blaster bolts (again something Pete maybe able to replicate) and keeping up with Vader ( one could argue If this puts him above the speed limit but one could also argue it does not. Someone like me can argue and win for both sides of the coin) That's just my two senses on Galen if it means anything. xD

I don't remember his fight with Vader being too action packed to be honest. I thought it was more of a force-struggle between him, Vader and Sidious.

Haven't read Force Unleashed 2 yet though.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By renamed040924

@cadencev2 said:

@nickzambuto said:

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/28/metal-gear-solid-newbies-should-start-with-mgs3-due-to-modern-controls-says-kojima/

Hideo Kojima recommends that players skip the first two games entirely and just read the novels for the story before playing MGS4.

Kojima is commenting on the Book Novels, not the Graphic Novels.

He's talking about the graphic novels. The book novels weren't included in the Legacy Collection.

@floopay Well yes but Guns of The Patriots is still canon with the graphic novels. MGS1 and 2 are different from comics 1 and 2, but they both lead into the same thing. Think of it like Star Wars, just because the movies didn't get a comic adaptation, the comics are still supposed to lead into them.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: I have not read TFU II either mainly because I heard people say it sucks O_O

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: So essentially you'll both be debating with the same version of a character...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts: man?

you wanna team up?

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: I'm still waiting on sync1's reply. His partner situation is a little confusing. If he's already taken, I guess I can team with you.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@nickzambuto: So essentially you'll both be debating with the same version of a character...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Nononono. We've agreed to use the IDW comics version of Solid Snake instead of the video game version. However, there is no comic adaptation of MGS4. I'm only asking if we can use MGS4 feats in addition to those set up in the comic.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts: so am I in or what?

You're in, you just need a partner.

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Nononono. We've agreed to use the IDW comics version of Solid Snake instead of the video game version. However, there is no comic adaptation of MGS4. I'm only asking if we can use MGS4 feats in addition to those set up in the comic.

That's the thing that's bothering me, is that both of you will have an assortment of overlapping feats if I allow that.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Dextersinister

@floopay: How are Jedi knights minions? Do they not break the 5 pound tk rule alone.

If there allowed sith us up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: I have not read TFU II either mainly because I heard people say it sucks O_O

Well if it does suck I'll send a stern letter of disapproval to Titan

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: Omgomgwtfwtf is open atm. But you can call someone in if you'd like.

@dextersinister Bring it up with the person who chose them. I'm a Star Trek guy, not much of a Star Wars guy.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay:

Here is our final team.

Champions: The Shadow on the Line w/H-Dial Harness and Murtagh w/Thorn (is Thorn okay? giant dragon), regular Eldunari, Zar'roc, and armor

Leader: Josh Newman w/Clarent and Excalibur

Scout: Starlord w/standard gear I guess?

Mastermind: Maddison Jeffries (No Box, w/o Box his TK is within the limits)

Meatshield: Luther Strode w/nothing I suppose

Wildcard: Bloodshot w/I don't even know who he is

Minions: COG and Death Eaters w/standard gear (wands for DEs, dunno about the COGs)

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: I've seen you argue Eldunari as anywhere from world level, to city destruction level, to universal level. It's hard to allow them.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@floopay: Okay quick question. Would Rebellion era Luke be above the limit for the Champion spot? =O

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: Jeffries can rip the steel pillars and crush robots with super strength with his TK and is normally used as a create anything device.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: Wasn't he lifting X-Wings at that point? Which at 12.5 meters long would be above the limits.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: what do you mean by "his telepathy is within limits"

TK=Telekinesis

@floopay said:

@thedarklordpandamonium: I've seen you argue Eldunari as anywhere from world level, to city destruction level, to universal level. It's hard to allow them.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Yeah, 2,500 Glaedr-size Eldunarya

Murtagh's regular store of specifically small Eldunarya is only used to make him > Eragon

@thedarklordpandamonium: Jeffries can rip the steel pillars and crush robots with super strength with his TK and is normally used as a create anything device.

I remember him crushing a car (which doesn't require a ton) and a truck (same there) but again I've only read the respect thread.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By renamed040924

@floopay said:
@nickzambuto said:

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

That's the thing that's bothering me, is that both of you will have an assortment of overlapping feats if I allow that.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Wait, what do you mean by the both of us? I think there's some kind of confusion here.

• Champions: Roronoa Zoro (Pre TS)/Ultimate Captain America
  • The Leader: Big Boss
  • The Mastermind: Otacon
  • The Meatshield: Miles
  • The Scout: Psycho Mantis (IDW)
  • The Wildcard: Solid Snake (IDW/Games)
  • The Minions: Genome Soldiers/Arsenal Tengu

This is the final team build for Cadence and I. We are the only people using Solid Snake, as well as only using one version of the character: the IDW comic book series. Said comics only cover the first two games however. So what I'm asking is, can we use feats from the video game Metal Gear Solid 4 in addition to those presented in the books? In that link I posted up above, Kojima considers the comics and games synonymous, so Guns of The Patriots still happens within the comic series timeline. We won't however, use feats from the first two games, as that is separate from the comic series timeline.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Ah, I was thinking you and someone else were using feats of a same character. In that case I don't care, have at it. :P

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Dextersinister

@thedarklordpandamonium: You weren't disagreeing with me when I was backing you up in another tournament when Jffries was being used against you. I even posted those feats as examples. He ripped apart a guy who strong tonners couldn't beat, he rips pillars out of walls and uses them to spear monsters

Jeffries is way above the TK limit for champions let alone the mastermind who has no tk

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: How are Jedi knights minions? Do they not break the 5 pound tk rule alone.

If there allowed sith us up.

Do they? Then do you think space marines from warhammer40k break the limits?

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: Alright, I'll allow him but if someone proves he's over the limits you may get boned.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Dextersinister

@darkraiden: Hell yes, if they are here they should be booted as well. They break strength, durability, weaponry and probably some other rule.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: He never lifted a X-wing at this point but he did, breifly (for like maybe 5 to 6 seconds), with tons of strain hold up a falling AT-ST. Oh and just in case of confusion I mean the AT-ST which is much smaller then the bigger AT-AT.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: You weren't disagreeing with me when I was backing you up in another tournament when Jffries was being used against you. I even posted those feats as examples. He ripped apart a guy who strong tonners couldn't beat, he rips pillars out of walls and uses them to spear monsters

Jeffries is way above the TK limit for champions let alone the mastermind who has no tk

Yeah but the limit there was 'crushing a car' not 1 ton.

@floopay is the mastermind not allowed to have Telekinesis? If so...Forge I guess.

(I don't actually intend to use him XD)

@floopay said:

@thedarklordpandamonium: Alright, I'll allow him but if someone proves he's over the limits you may get boned.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

There are like 2 other people on these forums who read TIC XD but ty.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: Mastermind can have TK and TP. I'll edit the OP but TP doesn't have a limit, and TK is at 2 tons.

@dccomicsrule2011 You realize, of course, that an AT-ST officially weighs 13.25 tons right?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@thedarklordpandamonium: Mastermind can have TK and TP. I'll edit the OP but TP doesn't have a limit, and TK is at 2 tons.

@dccomicsrule2011 You realize, of course, that an AT-ST officially weighs 13.25 tons right?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Alright cool! Jeffries is in then.

AT-STs are 12,100 kg or 13.338 tons...just my 0.02