#7  Edited By omriamar

Thing

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Feats for Doflamingo? Does he have any particular hax?

defiant_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Toratorn

Nevermind, apparently Doflamingo is nothing special. Ben tags and one-shots after no-selling everything. Mismatch.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn:

Nevermind, apparently Doflamingo is nothing special. Ben tags and one-shots after no-selling everything. Mismatch.

Not sure how The Thing manages to successfully tag Doflamingo. Doflamingo should be excessively faster and better at dodging, not even counting his ability to essentially fly. That he has a slight combat precog as well is just icing on the cake.

Also, you can't really use the argument that The Thing would have to tag Doflamingo eventually. High tier One Piece characters like Doflamingo can fight for days on end without break or losing power.

And finally, even if The Thing can no-sell all of Doflamingo's attacks, which I find rather questionable, Doflamingo would only need to string him up in a way that The Thing couldn't leverage himself to break out of, and carry him through the air to the nearest ocean shore to hold him underwater and suffocate him. It wouldn't even be against Doflamingo's instincts given what world he's from. The Thing can't breathe underwater and I doubt he could hold his breath for more then 12 hours.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12 socajunkie  Moderator

Ben can’t touch Doflamingo if his life depended on it, which it does here.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure how The Thing manages to successfully tag Doflamingo. Doflamingo should be excessively faster and better at dodging, not even counting his ability to essentially fly. That he has a slight combat precog as well is just icing on the cake.

Ben has shown numerous times to be capable of tagging/reacting to people who are at least as fast as Doflamingo and at best much faster (Human Torch, Quicksilver, Annihilus), as well as react to bullrushes from people with similarly high "travel" speed (Black Bolt, Namor, Captain Mar-Vell), so I doubt Doflamingo would be particularly hard to tag. As for flight, Ben has ways of bringing airborne opponents down to ground level:

And that's not mentioning how fast the projectiles thrown by him can move. Doffy would be hard-pressed dodging something going that fast.

Also, you can't really use the argument that The Thing would have to tag Doflamingo eventually. High tier One Piece characters like Doflamingo can fight for days on end without break or losing power.

Didn't plan to.

And finally, even if The Thing can no-sell all of Doflamingo's attacks, which I find rather questionable,

Not really questionable. Ben has shown many times to be capable of withstanding "piercing" attacks, even if they were coming from characters strong enough to fight against Ben in hand to hand:

And I seriously doubt that Doflamingo is physically strong enough to contend with Ben, so I doubt strings will do more than annoy him.

Doflamingo would only need to string him up in a way that The Thing couldn't leverage himself to break out of,

Questionable if he is even capable of binding Ben, or if his strings are strong enough to withstand Ben flexing them off. Trapster's glue works specifically by binding molecules, and by doing that the more victim moves, and Ben still flexed it off like nothing:

Ben was also capable of breaking a slaveblock that was strong enough to anchor a skrull battleship:

Which is very impressive because skrull battleships are gigantic:

And doubly impressive because it was very early Thing, and he got much stronger since then.

So yeah. Doubt Doffy can bind him for more than several seconds.

and carry him through the air to the nearest ocean shore to hold him underwater and suffocate him. It wouldn't even be against Doflamingo's instincts given what world he's from. The Thing can't breathe underwater and I doubt he could hold his breath for more then 12 hours.

Does Doflamingo even fight like that in character? Regardless, even through Ben can't breath underwater, he has enchanced lung capacity that would give him more than enough time to get out of the water. Which was shown perfecly during his fight against Namor in AvX. And, unlike OP characters, Ben can actually swim. So that's not a winning strategy anyway.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Doggy has speed, versatility and flight. Thing from what I know dwarfs him in strength and durability, as well as been capable of reacting to people that are similar (if not faster) to Doffy.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doffy makes Ben his slave.

SkySanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Doffy with a blitz

Yray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are things cutting durability feats?

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yray: tanking hits from beings as strong as himself armed with blades. Taking hits from Terrax's axe and not being sliced in two. Tanked War Machine bullets in the face point blank. Tanked rounds that can blast through 20 inches of titanium. Got poked by Ebony Blade without injuries.

Overall, he doesn't have any distinction between "blunt" and "piercing" durability like, say, Rulk or Wonder Woman do. You need to be at least as strong as him to even hurt him with something piercing, and even stronger than that to seriously injure him. Unless you are Wolverine.

Yray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Yray

@toratorn said:

@yray: tanking hits from beings as strong as himself armed with blades. Taking hits from Terrax's axe and not being sliced in two. Tanked War Machine bullets in the face point blank. Tanked rounds that can blast through 20 inches of titanium. Got poked by Ebony Blade without injuries.

Overall, he doesn't have any distinction between "blunt" and "piercing" durability like, say, Rulk or Wonder Woman do. You need to be at least as strong as him to even hurt him with something piercing, and even stronger than that to seriously injure him. Unless you are Wolverine.

His feats are impressive enough to put him at the level of tanking doffys composite strings which are strong enough to cut meteorite falling at reentry speeds but I don't think those feats would be enough to suggest he can tank much stronger versions of his strings like overheat or his awakened strings which are his strongest..the only way I can see ben winning is if he tags doffy and restrains him so he can't do a damn thig...but thats going to be very difficult because doffy has flight and the speed gap is huge so I'm giving it to doffy 8/10

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

@toratorn: when did Ben tank the ebony blade?

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Toratorn

@warlockmage: I didn't say he tanked it. I said he was poked by it without being injured (he felt pain tho). Big difference. Avengers Annual #21. Impressive because it punched through Invisible Woman's forcefield like nothing in that very page.

No Caption Provided

Eeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doffy's way too fast for the Thing.

Ninelven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ninelven

Don't know if Doflamingo can eventually beat him, but Thing isn't catching Doflamingo if the latter doesn't go for close combat, which he won't.

FlashingSabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doffy isn't getting touched, but he has absolutely no way of winning.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yray said:

His feats are impressive enough to put him at the level of tanking doffys composite strings which are strong enough to cut meteorite falling at reentry speeds but I don't think those feats would be enough to suggest he can tank much stronger versions of his strings like overheat or his awakened strings which are his strongest..the only way I can see ben winning is if he tags doffy and restrains him so he can't do a damn thig...but thats going to be very difficult because doffy has flight and the speed gap is huge so I'm giving it to doffy 8/10

What makes his awakened/overheat strings that much more powerful that composite ones?

Ben already has tagged people faster than Doflamingo, and has enough experience knocking down people from the sky. The flight and speed "advantage" is overestimated.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wabubub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben would sink the continent and Doffy would run like a bitch before he ever took down the Thing. So, probably the most boring stalemate ever once again.

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing clobbers

Kajin_Style

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing loses. Their super powers alone already dictate the fight. Once Thing is lifted off the ground it is GG.

Sure he is not immediately K.Oed, but at this point he becomes Doffy's punching bag for string attacks.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Thing isn't a mid-tier.

Avatar image for miguelcervantes
MiguelCervantes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MiguelCervantes

Doflamingo beats the overrated slow asshole.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@toratorn said:
@yray said:

What makes his awakened/overheat strings that much more powerful that composite ones?

Ben already has tagged people faster than Doflamingo, and has enough experience knocking down people from the sky. The flight and speed "advantage" is overestimated.

Speed advantage was already addressed three years ago etc

Avatar image for sixpathsofcapra
SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doffy ez

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#36  Edited By Lilbroomstick

Thing with scaling probably, otherwise stalemate.

I don't see what Doffy could really do here tbh

Avatar image for brogokudestroys
brogokudestroys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing with scaling probably, otherwise stalemate.

I don't see what Doffy could really do here tbh

doffy has string that slices rocks up ez gg

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By Lilbroomstick

@brogokudestroys: As much as I wanna say he loses, I just don't think Thing is this weak lmao

Maybe on a bad day Grimm loses

Ajak_XV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing walks through the verse unharmed

Avatar image for brogokudestroys
brogokudestroys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brogokudestroys: As much as I wanna say he loses, I just don't think Thing is this weak lmao

Maybe on a bad day Grimm loses

But quora says luffy is lowmultiversal in BASE. Doffy is like low complex multi. https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/uploads/original/11157/111574060/8460942-2b8f57be-49e3-4f34-9586-756911d5b4d6.jpeg

Wabubub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spawnoftoilet: There is no reality where some crap tier One Piece character is almost as durable as the Thing. Go look at his 60ish year career. He would be an unstoppable god on One Piece earth in terms of strength and sheer tankiness.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doffy spite