#201 Posted by comic_book_fan (10971 posts) - - Show Bio

@visemoon: 1,2,and 3

but still in every fight he did better than colossus.

#202 Edited by LaryKing (361 posts) - - Show Bio

@visemoon: Thnx for the support.

@comic_book_fan: How did he exactly did better than Collosus?He never took Hulk down in a pure h2h.Only thor level characters have done this.

#203 Posted by God_Spawn (42927 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan: So would the thing beat collosus then? I saw in the comics that collosus was beating the thing up until the thing threw a stone in his mouth.

That was Colossus with his Juggernaut amp. Something he doesn't have here.

#204 Posted by MySuperior (389 posts) - - Show Bio

thing

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee811636a0
#205 Posted by deactivated-5aeee811636a0 (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Oh. So without the Juggernaut amp how much weaker will he be?

#206 Posted by Rickbarry (2005 posts) - - Show Bio

AvX should be forgotten. It was pure sillyness.

#207 Posted by God_Spawn (42927 posts) - - Show Bio

@unknowzillagod: I think Colossus should be roughly equal to Ben in terms of stats like strength and durability, but he is a bit more acrobatic where the Thing is more bob and weave type agile. In terms of skill, I think Ben is also slightly above Piotr enough to count. Overall, I think Ben wins because of said superior skill since their stats are roughly. It's a great fight either way.

#208 Posted by Rickbarry (2005 posts) - - Show Bio

We'll never know until they actually fight! This debate is like Mustard or Ketchup. Chocolate or Vanilla. Salt or Pepper. Pepsi or Coke. It's too close to pick a side!

#209 Posted by will5454 (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Collossus was merged with Juggernaut that's how he beat thing his stenght is 75 tons,Things is a hundred?

#210 Posted by ElderSkaar (5319 posts) - - Show Bio

ehhhhhhh tough fight but i say a draw

#211 Posted by KingOfKings1 (2092 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing

#212 Posted by rabshazam (206 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this is a very even match up but I'd give colossus the win because he's more agile and could like out manouver thing and he's not that far behind in h2h fighting skill

#213 Posted by basicfan30 (1416 posts) - - Show Bio

The skills, abilities and feats of both of these characters have changed over the years (like all comic characters) But as far as I can tell they are equals in EVERY way.

#214 Posted by Superman1111 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus can survive without his heart.

No Caption Provided

...pretty cool

#215 Posted by Madripoor (1917 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing in a good fight.

#216 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2042 posts) - - Show Bio

I love colossus but Ben wins.6/4 :(

#217 Posted by zaneewing06 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus is not strong as the thing. The reason why being Colossus can turn it on and off while Ben can truly not. ( makes senses when you think about it lol) But seriously it's a 10 to 20 ton difference and with there strength levels it wouldn't come down to strength, it would come down to skill.

Ben is one of few fighters Hulk considers to respect. Also Ben fights things on his adventures with Reed that would destroy Colossus.

#218 Posted by Pipxeroth (9052 posts) - - Show Bio

Grimm.

#219 Posted by copete (2960 posts) - - Show Bio

going with Colossus. he would outlast thing in dragged out battle. thing has more vulnerabilities, which can be exposed.

#220 Posted by God_Spawn (42927 posts) - - Show Bio

@copete said:

going with Colossus. he would outlast thing in dragged out battle. thing has more vulnerabilities, which can be exposed.

Getting punched in the face seems to work fine when it comes to knocking out Colossus. Piotr doesn't have any advantages that really make a difference.

#221 Posted by TBEMrMcCoy (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter wins after a brutal battle. His durability and stamina give him the edge.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b15216a2a1e3
#222 Posted by deactivated-5b15216a2a1e3 (104 posts) - - Show Bio

A tie probably, based on these power sets.

#223 Posted by depinhom (13506 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I'm not too sure which is stronger - steel or rock, but . . . well it also depends if we're talking movie versions, if so, thing probably, otherwise, I'll take Colossus

#224 Posted by SpinnerComix (3989 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#225 Edited by ILOVEMARVEL23 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

The Russian.

#226 Posted by JHG (279 posts) - - Show Bio

Coming from someone who prefers X-Men over Fantastic Four, Thing wins via superior fighting skills and intelligence.

#227 Posted by APEX_pretador (19113 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben wins in a tough but clear fight.

#228 Posted by Adam_Taurus (766 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty even match IMO. Assuming big C wants to fight and Thing wants to fight, I say they're all about equal. Both are badasses.

5/5 Colossus and Thing IMO.

I could be wrong. If anyone would like to tilt me over to their side, please do so.

#230 Posted by spiderbuck1 (2768 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhg said:

Coming from someone who prefers X-Men over Fantastic Four, Thing wins via superior fighting skills and intelligence.

#231 Posted by robertloucksjr (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing wins 7 out of ten. Slightly more skilled and slightly stronger. Durability and speed about equal.

#232 Edited by comic_book_fan (10971 posts) - - Show Bio

the thing is stronger more skilled and pete just aint got the heart to outlast ben

#233 Posted by Fablehaven (275 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thing.

But Colossus would prove to be no pushover.

#234 Posted by animekenji (22 posts) - - Show Bio

When the Champion of the Universe came to Earth and gathered the strongest beings he could find to battle him in a boxing match, he took Colossus down fairly quickly in a TKO (the referee determined Colossus was no longer able to defend himself) but the Thing was the one who endured his punishing blows the longest and refused to give up even though he was near death and forced the Champion to admit that even though he could crush his body, he could never defeat his spirit. Win goes to the Thing.

The other fighters chosen, IIRC, were Wonder Man, Namor, Sasquatch, Hulk (disqualified for being unable to control his rage), and Thor. I also have a vague recollection of Doc Samson being in there somewhere, but I think he was disqualified before the match started because he wasn't even able to defeat the Champion's training dummy. LoL. :D

#235 Posted by APEX_pretador (19113 posts) - - Show Bio

@animekenji: Namor, Thor, Hulk and Wonder Man were all taken out of the fight by DQ or something else. Plot convenience basically

#236 Posted by comic_book_fan (10971 posts) - - Show Bio

ben stronger tougher more skilled

#237 Posted by PhoenixTitan (749 posts) - - Show Bio

l

#238 Posted by jagernutt (15974 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing

#239 Posted by Chad_Duby (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing.

#240 Posted by playerx-tr (601 posts) - - Show Bio

50/50

#241 Posted by Supermanthor (13357 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing

#242 Posted by Floopay (11040 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this is a closer match than people give it credit.

Ben is stronger and more durable; but where I think he gets himself into trouble is that he's not a fan of dodging anything. Colossus, on the other hand, has been shown to dodge or redirect attacks from people who are on or above his strength level. I don't know who I'd side with for the majority.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#243 Edited by Toratorn (6274 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus is a disgrace of a brick and it's nowhere near close. He couldn't hurt Sasquatch, couldn't hurt Ronan, was dropped by a single repulsor blast from Iron Man, struggled with Gorgon, struggled with Mac Gargan Venom, couldn't last a round against Champion, got off-paneled by both Iron Fist and Luke Cage on different occasions, his clone was incinerated by Human Torch's nova flames, got almost killed by one hit from Wrecker's crowbar (when Wrecker was sharing power with the rest of the Crew and in the story where WC were jobbing even more than usual) and struggled greatly against War Machine.

Let's see how Ben compares... He was beating the shit out of Sasquatch (while being extremely tired), to the point of Sasquatch asking him to stop the fight, and on another occasion Sasquatch himself said that he's "nowhere near as strong as Grimm"; Ben actually hurt Ronan with his blows on two separate occasions; on many occasions took Iron Man's repulsors, tanked them at best and was only slightly hurt at worst (even when IM was brainwashed, had his suit go berserk, was trying to kill Ben or had his power copied by Super-Adaproid who also tried to kill Ben); off-paneled Anti-Venom; was casually stomping Gorgon; lasted 3 rounds against Champion and broke his ribs; stomped Luke Cage on one occasion, casually overpowered him on another and tank a shot from amped Cage; tanked Iron Fist's chi punches on two separate occasions; was hit by Torch's nova flames and was only down for a second, as well as tanked heat blasts from characters with more firepower than Torch; took a dozen of hits from Wrecker's crowbar (from a full-powered Wrecker who WASN'T sharing his power with WC); tanked everything Punisher in War Machine's armor threw at him. Not to mention, Colossus with Juggernaut's power couldn't even extract a grunt from Ben and needed to resort to BFRing him into environment without air to actually beat him.

Not to mention, Ben has already stomped two other mutant powerhouses - Strong Guy and Sunspot. Why would Colossus fare any better?

#244 Posted by CyborgZod (933 posts) - - Show Bio

the Thing in a tough fight

#245 Posted by seastone98 (4541 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing but Colossus is gonna put up a hell of a fight

#246 Posted by Jacthripper (14662 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thing

for more feats, go here.

#247 Posted by Darth_Nimrod (2572 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn said:

got off-paneled by both Iron Fist and Luke Cage on different occasions

Which occasions are you talking about? I remember a fight where Iron Fist easily punched Colossus through a wall, but that didn't KO him, from what I remember. Also, when did the Thing fight Strong Guy?

#248 Edited by God_Spawn (42927 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben beats him more often than not in a solid fight. I think at this point, Ben packs a harder punch and is a bit more durable on average. But Colossus isn't a scrub, he still managed to fight Gladiator for a time before losing, when he was 19 managed to take severe repeated blows from the Champion before collapsing, stalemated Vision, was able to fight with Rulk for an undisclosed amount of time without having to resort to his amp, took Rulk multiple punches to the face for Colossus to be rendered unconscious, took Thor about a couple massive Mjolnir bashes to the face before almost being put down, took repeated hits from Sasquatch, took more hits than Ben did from WWH if we want to throw shade, tanked the Iron Fist that wasn't in a traphouse of a book that was CoC2, hits from Juggernaut, hits from an amped Juggernaut, beat a Nimrod sentinel, Rockslide broke his arm on his face, cracked Kuurth's helmet when he had both Cyttorak and Serpent powering him, one shot a Wendigo, no sold a shot from the Terminus sceptre, Judo flipped She-Hulk, Judo flipped Sasquatch etc.

I honestly think it would be hard pressed to find an argument for Colossus to win this, especially at this point. Thing definitely does fair better against the upper tier opponents that I think Colossus does, and Ben held his own against Colossus when he was amped up to a very good degree that Colossus by himself wouldn't have done as well against.

#249 Posted by Noone1996 (11089 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing wins and I don't think he'll struggle that much.

#250 Posted by geeman2 (2006 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say thing 7/10. Colossus jobs really hard but so does Thing.