Thing vs Colossus

kinspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Stan Lee the man himself said the Thing is just as strong as the Hulk he just never got that mad to amp up his strength

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its 50/50 colossus might win or thing might win depending on the situation

copete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By copete
@johnnyx5 said:
No Caption Provided

If Colossus can Handle Hulk he should be able to handle Thing easy

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

probably a stalemate, this is the biggest epitome of two bricks smashing each other.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the thing he beat colossus in arm wrestling which in comics commonly means strong and he has better showings against thor hulk and herc.

Johnnyx5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Johnnyx5
BEYONDERGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Need durability feats........because strength goes to Thing but striking speed/dmaage goes to colossus.

copete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the thing he beat colossus in arm wrestling which in comics commonly means strong and he has better showings against thor hulk and herc.

when Colossus was a teenager.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colossus - Steel type

Thing - Rock type

Colossus has the advantage. However if Ben uses Earthquake...

Avatar image for requirespoptart
RequiresPoptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer Colossus as a character however in this fight it'll more likely be a stalemate and if one of them wins it'll be barely. Would properly be a great fight.

Johnnyx5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Johnnyx5

@wonderknight said:

I prefer Colossus as a character however in this fight it'll more likely be a stalemate and if one of them wins it'll be barely. Would properly be a great fight.

A Stalemate is not a 50/50/ chance fight. its when 2 characters cant really do anything to one another. both have a shot at taking the other one out. Hydro vs Sandman would be a Stalemate fight. Would go on forever.

Picallo3798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Colossus would take this. Simply because everyone says this would be a knock down drag out stalemate, BUT in that case Colossus wins because he doesnt get tired. He can keep on fighting after thing becomes exhausted. How do you defeat someone thats your equal but can keep going after you're depleted? Answer: You cant. Colossus wins.

David_Miller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there both 85 thon strenght, colosse has a bit harder skin, but the thing is likely a more skilled combatant in this so likely the thing but it could go either way

angrir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thing and the hulk and in the same strength level, soo colossus is as good as scrap metal

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee811636a0
deactivated-5aeee811636a0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THE COLLOSUS.

Bainghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

analysing their profile, Colossus' strength is mightier than that of Thing

moreover, anyone else learning chemistry knows rock is a mixture

while Piotr's resembling steel armor whose attribute is between osmium and carbon steel, is a pure substance. at least to say

structurally, pure substance is firmer than loose-mingled mixture

and the pure metal element is lighter, tougher as well as more resilient than mixed rock

so Piotr is stronger, nimbler and faster than Ben

and Colossus seems to be more skillful

Borayze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colossus

BigAssBiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By BigAssBiscuit

@unbelonger: WWH beat pretty much everyone easily asides from Sentry. Marvel OPd him a ridiculous amount in that xover.

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By D3athstroke

Colossus is about 300-600 tonner

Thing is 80-100 barely.

Not to mention that colossus is much faster, more agile and has better fighting skills.

Colossus stomps 10/10

BigAssBiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends. Normal Colossus vs Thing: pretty much a stalemate. Cyttorak posessed Colussus vs Thing: Thing gets murdered.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#171  Edited By MasterKungFu

colossus

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the thing.

KoMiC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By KoMiC

@ego: no cap busted wolvies skelton

And thing would lose but it would be close colossus has had better training,better protection and is smarter thing has more experience and *might* have the upper hand in strength

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys are forgetting one thing. Colossus is the biggest jobber in the Marvel U. The last few years he's existed to get his ass kicked so the rest of the X-men can be terrified of their opponent. I saw a scan of Luke Cage beating him in a fight. LUKE CAGE.

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#175  Edited By hirev_starman

The Thing I suppose

Champion99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read that Thing's most impressive feat was overpowering a pile driver mechanism stated to be powerful enough to push through a planet. Unless Colossus has a better feat, Thing takes this.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Noone301994
TG_54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my vote is for Thing. you can brake his body, but you can not brake his spirit

remember how they both fared against this guy? colossus was taken out super fast and thing held his own for longer than anyone.

DOOMMONKEY999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this battle is won or lost right from the start, both are near equals and so whoever starts with the upper hand will win. I'm going with thing because he will fight dirty which gives him more options.

SkyCaptainRa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By SkyCaptainRa
Thing lifting a building that is 30,000 tons!!!! Source= http://www.comicvine.com/thing/4005-2114/
Thing lifting a building that is 30,000 tons!!!! Source= http://www.comicvine.com/thing/4005-2114/
No Caption Provided

Thing is WAY stronger then Colossus at his peak. He is a better fighter too. Rated a 5/7 where as Colossus is a 4/7. Thing has beaten the Hulk, were as Colossus is arms broken by Hulk. As far as Durability goes, Thing has never been ROCKED by a street leveler like Colossus has, so I bet Thing has better durability as well.

The winner is.... Thing!!!!

SkyCaptainRa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Thing is WAY stronger then Colossus at his peak. He is a better fighter too. Rated a 5/7 where as Colossus is a 4/7. Thing has beaten the Hulk, were as Colossus is arms broken by Hulk. As far as Durability goes, Thing has never been ROCKED by a street leveler like Colossus has, so I bet Thing has better durability as well.

The winner is.... Thing!!!!

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either, I THINK Colossus may have a slight advantage

SkyCaptainRa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d3athstroke: LOL! Colossus is stonger you say? then whats his greatest STR feat? because Thing has lifted a building that was 30,000 tons. And you say that Colossus is a 600 toner? then why does Marvel list him as EXACTLY 100? Anyways, Until yous how me Colossus lifting anyware NEAR 30,000 tons, I am going to have to ask you to admit you were wrong first of all, and secondly stop saying Colossus is 300-600 tons, because you Sir, are wrong. And Also, Ben is a 5/7 in fighting ability, were as Colossus is a 4/7, so its fair to say your wrong about that as well. Colossus Looses in a close fight. Actually, he gets Ka-me-ha-me-ha, uber, ROFL, $hit stomped by Thing. 11/10 times. LoLOLolOoloLoLOLOLOllOlOLOlollololOl!!!1

• Superhuman Strength: After transforming into his armored state, Colossus possesses vast superhuman strength. As a teenager, he was sufficiently strong enough to be listed as a class 70. (This scale is only for comparisons between characters, and should not remotely be taken literally). However, as a fully mature adult, his strength has increased to the point that he is listed at exactly class 100.[14] Source http://marvel.wikia.com/Piotr_Rasputin_%28Earth-616%29
madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colossus stomps Thing as the more sensible people have mentioned.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba149167b2c0
deactivated-5ba149167b2c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This fight already happened. Colossus won.

No Caption Provided

Current Colossus would lose though.

Avatar image for vengerprofessional
VengerProfessional

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colossus

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing has more experience, and a slight skill edge, Colossus has a moderate strength advantage and a large durability advantage, as well as endurance but it is not like this fight lasts long enough for endurance to matter.

Colossus wins, but takes more hits in the process.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#189 god_spawn  Moderator

Ben.

matthew1061

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An excellent fight and one of the best discussions I've seen here. It's been said before but it bears repeating. The Thing looks like rock but he is not made out of rock. The logic that says Colossus wins because steel beats rock does not work for this reason.

Early on, when the Thing first fought the Hulk, Stan Lee did say that the two were the same strength but the Hulk was bigger (this was so far back they weren't even saying the Hulk got stronger as he got madder yet). In subsequent encounters it became clear that the Hulk was quite a bit stronger and didn't tire as quickly. What made the fights so much fun was that the Thing used skill, intelligence, and dirty tricks to even the playing field. He (pretty much) always lost but he never quit and he really made Hulk work for it.

I agree with the general consensus that these two are very close in strength. They are both strong enough to give the Hulk an interesting fight but are not as strong as him. Both of them were punked by Gladiator. More significantly, they are both slightly weaker than Sasquatch.

Colossus may be somewhat more durable. I say this because there have been a few times when Ben was worried about falling out of a plane or off a skyscraper. He found a way to slow his fall because he thought he'd be hurt otherwise. Colossus, on the other hand, has jumped out of the Blackbird and made a crater but has not been harmed. (I suspect that Ben may have an irrational feat of falling, maybe going back to his days in the Marines when he learned to parachute jump. He would reach terminal velocity at about 200 mph, and the force of hitting the ground at that speed would be a lot less than getting punched by the Hulk, or Namor, or most of his regular sparring partners.)So, Colossus might be more durable, but not by much.

As for training, Colossus has good training but Ben is a fighter through and through. IMO he has shown a level of resourcefulness and determination that Colossus has not. Colossus has courage, and skill, and raw talent but (as others have said) he doesn't have the fighter's heart that Ben Grimm has. I'd say the Thing takes this 7 times out of 10.

marvelson96_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing for sure one because he has more experience and plus he can lift over 10,000 tons last time i checked colossus can lift only 100 tons plus the thing has more heart and determination to win. Thing wins.

HULKANGRY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing wins.

LaryKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Collosus .I'd say 7/10.Collosus and Ben are as strong as each other,but,Collosus is faster and more agile.Some of the main arguments in this thread:Collosus handled the hulk.He hurt him pretty bad,but didn't beat him for the count.Though there has never been a fight where Thing beats Hulk besides the one when he was godamm crazed,i don't remember from what though,...anyways,Collosus takes it.Experience won't do any good here.And NO thing can't lift more than Collossus in any way.He can't lift more than 100 tons.Not even the hulk can lift 30,000 or 10,000 as some of you claim.(Supposingly).Collosus goes against Juggernaut frequently,and the ebest strength feat Thing has is him been crazed beating Hulk temporarily.But since Collosus went h2h in a basis and Hulk=Jugs,it's pretty much the same.Collosus has this easily by me.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laryking: lol no the thing has beat hulk twice the time you are addressing was really a hulk victory hulk and think switched bodies and for some non since reason he was still getting the stronger with his rage but ben has beat the hulk 2 other times besides that.

and ben has lifted hundreds of thousands of tons he is stronger the better fighter and just as almost as durable.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee811636a0
deactivated-5aeee811636a0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: So would the thing beat collosus then? I saw in the comics that collosus was beating the thing up until the thing threw a stone in his mouth.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danko said:

Strength: They're both each others equal in the strength department.

Armor: Thing has a rock-like body and Colussus a body made from organic steel, both can take quite a pounding.. no clear winner either.

Fightingskill: The Thing has been fighting all of his life, in contrary to colussus. So thing has more experience. Colussus however has been trained by the best of the X-men in the dangerroom. So he would definitely know how to handle himself in combat.

So in my opinion it would be a pretty close fight if we look at the powers and skills both have. However i think Thing will be victorious. The reason for this is because Thing just has a bigger thrive to win. Colussus is basically a nice guy who doesn't really want to fight, but will fight if he has to. While Thing will do everything he can to win and simply won't give up, even if it means he'll have to fight a bit dirty to win.

So my vote goes to Thing!

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Batman1130

The thing wins in fairly dominant fashion. Ben has been fighting all his life and is extremely adept at wrestlig, boxing and street fighting in general. His armor is pretty close to colossus's as far as durability goes so he isn't at much it any of a disadvantage there either

KingTPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Thing wins a really close fight

LaryKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: I don't recall any other time the Thing beat Hulk.Of course,it's just me in this issue and if you have any scans i'll try to change ma mind.Also,the Thing is a 70-100 toner.No more,no less.Just like collosus.But,even if you take durability matter,it's a matter of logic.Steel>stone.I bet Piotr takes it.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laryking: lol no the thing has beat hulk twice the time you are addressing was really a hulk victory hulk and think switched bodies and for some non since reason he was still getting the stronger with his rage but ben has beat the hulk 2 other times besides that.

and ben has lifted hundreds of thousands of tons he is stronger the better fighter and just as almost as durable.

Only times I recall Ben beating Hulk was when there was circumstances involved

1. Sue Richard put a bubble over Hulk's head taking away his oxygen the Ben KOed him

2. Ben was amped and Hulk (grey hulk) was suffering from daytime weakness

3. Hard Knock life, when Hulk was weaken from a ray (IIRC) prior to his fight with Ben

4. In Marvel Zombies

Was the 2 fights you're talking any of these?