#101 Edited by DWrathborne (530 posts) - - Show Bio

The two are roughly equal in strength and durability, but going by their official stats, Ben has an edge over Piotr in intelligence and fighting ability. I'd concede that Colossus might be a little more agile, but not enough to call it a decisive advantage.

Ben has more tactical experience, and I'd say his will to win is stronger. I give this to the Thing 7/10.

Also, while this is ABC logic, both the Thing and Colossus once faced the Elder known as the Champion in a contest to determine Earth's fate. Neither beat the Champ, but Ben Lasted much longer than Piotr. Though in fairness, Piotr was much younger at the time, both less experienced and weaker.

#102 Posted by visemoon (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing 6/10 due to more experience

#103 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1937 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus!! At least 6/10

#104 Posted by comic_book_fan (11359 posts) - - Show Bio

the thing

#105 Posted by Carter_esque (6704 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate

#106 Edited by Zijuun (865 posts) - - Show Bio

The two are roughly equal in strength and durability, but going by their official stats, Ben has an edge over Piotr in intelligence and fighting ability. I'd concede that Colossus might be a little more agile, but not enough to call it a decisive advantage.

Ben has more tactical experience, and I'd say his will to win is stronger. I give this to the Thing 7/10.

Also, while this is ABC logic, both the Thing and Colossus once faced the Elder known as the Champion in a contest to determine Earth's fate. Neither beat the Champ, but Ben Lasted much longer than Piotr. Though in fairness, Piotr was much younger at the time, both less experienced and weaker.

Very well said. I go with this as well. :D ^

Z I J U U N

#107 Edited by Diamondlifer1 (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Piotr got this
He wont tire and Thing won't really hurt him
add Equal H2H and superior or equal strength and it's a sure win for Piotr

#108 Edited by FANNYBUSTER (137 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thing went the long haul and broke the ribs of The Champion of the Universe who busted a planet in one hit. Uncle Benjy takes it after a hard slugfest

#109 Posted by ForeverEvil (4887 posts) - - Show Bio

going with my boy colossus. but thing probably wins

#110 Posted by dondave (41752 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus

Avatar image for shadowchild9908
#111 Posted by ShadowChild9908 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I think colossus would win. first colossus is made out of metal and the thing is made out of rock. metal beats rock. colossus could of beat him before he took on the juggernaut rule but now he would be unstoppable. Colossus even beat him in the AVX (avengers vs x men) series.

#112 Posted by Darkbiscuit (2201 posts) - - Show Bio

@satyrquaze:

The only instances of adamantium being broken is just dents in non pure adamantium (non pure might be the wrong term)

Thing is a class 85 whole colossus is a 100tonner

I dunno about durability feats, but colossus in general seems more durable. Then again, somehow colossus and thing both took direct hits from wwh, but hulk was able to crush colossus' hands. I dunno about other but I can punch harder than I can squeeze...

#113 Posted by Johnnyx5 (300 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

If Colossus can Handle Hulk he should be able to handle Thing easy

#114 Posted by Johnnyx5 (300 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Brainiac1.0 says:
"Colossus because his strength was up to regular hulk strength. The thing was no way near to regular hulk strength ."
Wrong.Colossus and the Thing are both on the same strength level."

No read this they are remember thing always loses to the hulk but watch collossus fight wwh and see what wwh says

And read this

And thing was NEVER a decent oppenent for HULK

Which issue are these scans from ?

#115 Posted by Erkan12 (8391 posts) - - Show Bio

Good match up. My vote goes Colossus.

#116 Posted by Manchine (6328 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow I thought I had answered this question guess not.... Thing being a better fighter wins this. Got to remember Champions, Contest of Champions where he fought the best fighters of Earth. He beat every one in the first round except Thing. Colossus almost made it to round 2 but he didn't.

#117 Posted by Eisenfauste (17366 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing

#118 Posted by bora_mrv (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus wins

#119 Posted by velle37 (6117 posts) - - Show Bio

From their profiles, it seems Colossus has a significant durability advantage.

Thing:

"His skin/body can withstand extreme environments including temperature extremes from -75 to 800 degrees Fahrenheit. His skin can also withstand at least 15 pounds of explosives per square inch and deep crushing pressures of the ocean floor. The Thing's skin is so hard it is practically impervious to being punctured or breached by anything from blades to multiple high caliber bullets. The Thing's enhanced physique has even proven durable enough to withstand extreme blunt-force impacts from the Hulk's fists and Thor's hammer incurring only minor or insignificant chipping. However, Ben was injured by Wolverine's Adamantium claws so his durability does have its limits."

Colossus:

"In his armored form Colossus is invulnerable to most forms of bodily harm. His armor is capable of withstanding ballistic penetration, including that of a 155 millimeter Howitzer shell. He can survive extremes of temperature from 70 degrees above absolute zero (-390 degrees Fahrenheit) to approximately 9000 degrees Fahrenheit. He can survive a collision with a loaded, ten-ton flatbed truck at 100 miles per hour or an explosion of 4500 pounds of TNT. He can also survive falls from great heights while in his armored body."

-75 to 800 Farenheit VS -390 to 9000 Farenheit, and 15 pounds of explosives VS 4500 pounds of TNT.

I do believe Thing has better and more strength feats, and better skill feats. Feel free to dispute.

#120 Edited by ilikedonuts (2550 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing wins. They're about equal in size, strength, power an' durability. An' the Thing also has an indestructible will which will help 'im beat Colossus.

#121 Edited by Jacthripper (14967 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus for Russia!

#122 Posted by Erkan12 (8391 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing wins. They're about equal in size, strength, power an' durability. An' the Thing also has an indestructible will which will help 'im beat Colossus.

Thing is not indestructible.

#123 Edited by Wolverine008 (51027 posts) - - Show Bio

Piotr.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#124 Posted by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

probably a stalemate, this is the biggest epitome of two bricks smashing each other.

#125 Edited by ilikedonuts (2550 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12:

I said his willpower is indestructible....it means he doesn't give up. I didn't say his body is indestructible.

#126 Posted by leito (440 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, a fight between two bricks that cannot bust planets, cannot travel faster than light and cannot lift kajillions of tons, that's refreshing !

Ben Grimm wins !

#127 Posted by dondave (41752 posts) - - Show Bio

Nikolaievitch

#128 Posted by velle37 (6117 posts) - - Show Bio

Both have good showings against Hulk, this is a very evenly matched fight.

Is there a time limit on how long Colossus stays metal?

#129 Posted by RKOrton_Viper (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus can transform his body tissue into an organic, steel-like substance that grants him superhuman strength enabling him to lift/press up to 75 tons and makes him impervious to most injury. His armored form can withstand ballistic penetration as well as temperature extremes from 70º above absolute zero (-390º F) to approximately 9000º F. Colossus cannot become partially or selectively armored; his body is either entirely converted, or not at all. Even his eyes become steel-like. Through an act of will, Colossus can transform virtually instantaneously into his armored state, and can remain in that form for an as yet undetermined amount of time. Once in his armored form, Colossus remains so until he consciously wills himself back to normal. If he is rendered unconscious, however, he spontaneously reverts to his normal form. In his armored state, Colossus retains his normal human mobility, though his endurance and speed are enhanced. He does not need to breathe while transformed, but it is believed that he could not survive for long in a vacuum.More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/universe/Colossus_(Piotr_Rasputin)#ixzz2zFQlWxQW

#130 Edited by God_Spawn (43077 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing.

Moderator Online
#131 Posted by NoBody134 (307 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing, a hard fight though.

#132 Posted by ProfZ (541 posts) - - Show Bio

@colhero1 said:

I like the Thing he is a childhood fav of mine and he does have a ton of heart I give him that but Colossus is the superior in durability stamina Colossus doesn't get tired ever....he has never bled in steel form in fact he has been super heated by pyro and instantly froze when he was hit with liquid nitrogen shortly after it cracked his armor and he had to be pieced back together by magneto...but the fact is he survived...also in secret wars everyone was atomized by Beyonder Doom Colossus and Mister Fantastic where the only ones that bodies remained in tacked enough to be revived note thing was utterly atomized and thor was also go figure but hey....Thing cant survive the impacts that Colossus can although thing is durable on the inside he is still flesh like on the inside meaning he can sustain internal injuries where as colossus insides become pure energy thus the inexaustible stamina...and althoug colossus can be damaged even have holes blown through him or missing parts like in AoA portions of Colossus's head were missing due to acid damage but yet he still functioned while in his Osmium/carbon like form...Thing can withstand temprature extremes of 800 degrees while colossus can withstand 9000 degrees its plain to see who is the victor in the end....Colossus hits just as hard as thing possibly even harder if you add the durability of his fist into the mix...Heart cant win this one folks Orange pebbles will liter the ground in this slugfest with colossus standing triumphant.

I agree with this.

#133 Posted by Experio (18215 posts) - - Show Bio

Could go either way

#134 Posted by Cregan_Stark (5177 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a fight that I have a hard time with. These guys are very close to each other, my gut says Thing might take it though.

#135 Posted by NICK31898 (2270 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the Thing takes this.

#136 Posted by Chichen_Nuggeg (833 posts) - - Show Bio

Featwise Thing takes this.

#137 Posted by SUNMAN (8588 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing takes this

#138 Edited by Extremis (3794 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be a good matchup, but I think the everlovin' blue-eyed Thing has more experience and more heart. He wins.

#139 Posted by Wolverine008 (51027 posts) - - Show Bio

Piotr.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
#140 Posted by BeaconofStrength (12487 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Colossus should take this. Mostly because Thing has become fodder lately.

#141 Edited by DBVSE7 (8197 posts) - - Show Bio

@daak1212: I really hate Thing too I can't say the same for Colossus cause he's underrated IMO (Just saying Thing beating the Hulk in any situation is extreme PIS and should not be taken seriously) half and half on the "Steel vs Stone" argument. All around I think Colossus is better though. Rock Head may be a better fighter, but Batman is a better fighter than Thing and he would lose to him in a random encounter.. Anyway I say Colossus for the Majority.

#142 Posted by XiiX (13583 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus.

#143 Posted by Dernman (25976 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thing.

#144 Posted by leonkarlen123 (8815 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow what an 2 sided fight. Colossus

#145 Posted by MasterKungFu (20773 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus slightly. he's probably a better fighter.

#146 Posted by ComicStooge (22062 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing.

#147 Posted by nyhcnoakes (1 posts) - - Show Bio

In marvel encyclopedia it says that colossus can lift 70 ton and the thing can do 85 ton plus things h2h is much better than colossus. I really like em both but I think it has to be Mr Grimm

#148 Edited by comic_book_fan (11359 posts) - - Show Bio

the thing is stronger and more skilled he wins but it won't be easy.

#149 Edited by pikachumonster (3123 posts) - - Show Bio

The Man-Rock ftw. Could go either way in a story/comic

#150 Posted by Homer_X (2387 posts) - - Show Bio

Could go either way