#52 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (5235 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter punches his face in.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
#53 Posted by termiteone4ever (12742 posts) - - Show Bio

@zakman55719 said:

the thing got this i say

Yes this is correct

#54 Posted by Fetts (6231 posts) - - Show Bio

I do believe Thing is a tad bit stronger than Colossus. But to me the only  Marvel brawler with better H2H combat skills than Colossus is She-Hulk. Thing has decent technique and he may be a tad bit stronger, but I believe Colossus' superior technique will give him the edge over Thing. 

#55 Edited by Thirteen13 (421 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts:I would have thought it was the other way round with Colossus being the slightly stronger of the two and possibly more durable and Thing the overall better fighter with more experience, I am tempted to go with the Thing for the victory after a good fight though I am somewhat biased.

#56 Posted by jashro44 (51888 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fetts said:
I do believe Thing is a tad bit stronger than Colossus. But to me the only  Marvel brawler with better H2H combat skills than Colossus is She-Hulk. Thing has decent technique and he may be a tad bit stronger, but I believe Colossus' superior technique will give him the edge over Thing. 
She hulk isn't a brawler she is actually very skilled. I'm not sure about colossus but the thing was actually a boxer and a wrestler.
#57 Posted by Fetts (6231 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thirteen13: I don't think so. Colossus is a bit more agile. He also likes to go charging and raging. Not like a dumbass but he does so with technique. I'm pretty sure Thing is a tad bit stronger but I could be wrong. Both can lift over 100 tons last I checked. Colossus is also more durable too. I should of mentioned that. 

@jashro44: Brawler was probably a bad term to use. Strong superheros I guess??? I realize it sounds stupid and there is probably better term. I am kinda tired at the moment.
#58 Posted by sandiego008 (3411 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts said:

I do believe Thing is a tad bit stronger than Colossus. But to me the only Marvel brawler with better H2H combat skills than Colossus is She-Hulk. Thing has decent technique and he may be a tad bit stronger, but I believe Colossus' superior technique will give him the edge over Thing.

I agree with this.

#59 Edited by Thirteen13 (421 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts said:

@Thirteen13: I don't think so. Colossus is a bit more agile. He also likes to go charging and raging. Not like a dumbass but he does so with technique. I'm pretty sure Thing is a tad bit stronger but I could be wrong. Both can lift over 100 tons last I checked. Colossus is also more durable too. I should of mentioned that.

@jashro44: Brawler was probably a bad term to use. Strong superheros I guess??? I realize it sounds stupid and there is probably better term. I am kinda tired at the moment.

I believe if we're going by feats the Thing's strength is in excess of 100 tons as he has successfully held back a giant alien spacecraft from taking off and stopped a several story building from fallen and put back in it's place so I guess you could be right about him being a little stronger than Colossus, at the very least I would say their in each others league in the strength department.

I personally think the Thing is the better fighter (probably one of the best of the powerhouses in Marvel IMO) as like mentioned he was both an wrestler and boxer since college as well as an experienced street brawler, and has managed to create his own highly effective style of brawling incorporating all those styles and quite possibly even with some Jujitsu. However, to be honest I don't know that much about the Colossus's H2H skills, but doubt he's as trained or experienced a fighter compared to the Thing.

#60 Posted by sandiego008 (3411 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thirteen13 said:

@Fetts said:

I believe if we're going by feats the Thing's strength is in excess of 100 tons as he has successfully held back a giant alien spacecraft from taking off and stopped a several story building from fallen and put back in it's place so I guess you could be right about him being a little stronger than Colossus, at the very least I would say their in each others league in the strength department.

I personally think the Thing is the better fighter (probably one of the best of the powerhouses in Marvel IMO) as like mentioned he was both an wrestler and boxer since college as well as an experienced street brawler, and has managed to create his own highly effective style of brawling incorporating all those styles and quite possibly even with some Jujitsu. However, to be honest I don't know that much about the Colossus's H2H skills,but doubt he's as trained or experienced a fighter compared to the Thing.

Colossus was trained by Captain America.

#61 Posted by Fetts (6231 posts) - - Show Bio
@sandiego008
I thought he was. I wasn't sure though.
@Thirteen13
Boxing and wrestling isn't good enough for me. I would describe Colossus' technique as furious, raging, charging, and agile. I don't think Thing's boxing and wrestling skills will be able to counter a technique like that. And as sandiego said, Colossus was trained by Captain America.
#62 Edited by God_Spawn (42928 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts said:

@sandiego008:
@Thirteen13: Boxing and wrestling isn't good enough for me. I would describe Colossus' technique as furious, raging, charging, and agile. I don't think Thing's boxing and wrestling skills will be able to counter a technique like that. And as sandiego said, Colossus was trained by Captain America.

Spider-Man was trained by Cap and look how that turned out....

Anyways without the feats it isn't worth much on who trained them. Ben I don't think really had formal training from a skilled fighter that I know of. He just has his boxing, wrestling and grit and years of fighting on Colossus. Colossus on paper should be the better of the two since day in and day out for as long as he has been on the X-men he should have training from Wolverine and Cyclops and as people said Cap? but again no feats, it's hard to say because both tend to fight in a similar style. Colossus I agree might be more agile but he isn't doing drop kicks and tuck and rolls in every one of his fights. Both are relatively around the same level of strength and durability. Both of them are big and like to brawl, I don't see either one out-skilling each other and I believe it comes down to who wants the win more.

Moderator Online
#63 Posted by Thirteen13 (421 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandiego008 said:

@Thirteen13 said:

I personally think the Thing is the better fighter (probably one of the best of the powerhouses in Marvel IMO) as like mentioned he was both an wrestler and boxer since college as well as an experienced street brawler, and has managed to create his own highly effective style of brawling incorporating all those styles and quite possibly even with some Jujitsu. However, to be honest I don't know that much about the Colossus's H2H skills,but doubt he's as trained or experienced a fighter compared to the Thing.

Colossus was trained by Captain America.

@Fetts said:

@sandiego008:
@Thirteen13: Boxing and wrestling isn't good enough for me. I would describe Colossus' technique as furious, raging, charging, and agile. I don't think Thing's boxing and wrestling skills will be able to counter a technique like that. And as sandiego said, Colossus was trained by Captain America.

I personally don't think being trained by Captain American automatically makes Colossus the better fighter as the Thing seems like a born and bred brawler and has been honing his fighting technique on the streets and in the gym and even creating his own fighting style from a relative young age.

Also, I believe the Thing was a talented college foot-player so probably knows a thing or two about charging, tackling and the like himself.

#64 Posted by sandiego008 (3411 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thirteen13: @god_spawn: this is true .. to the extent that once you surpass a certain thresh-hold of strength most rely on brute power (she hulk being the exemption) ... I still think still colossus would pull it out in the end this is a very close battle .. I just feel colossus would win.

#65 Posted by God_Spawn (42928 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandiego008: And I think that is what it generally boils down to is who you think wins. Both guys are so close in every single category it's too close to call. It's Colossus' mindset vs Ben Grimm's determination and grit.

Moderator Online
#66 Posted by sandiego008 (3411 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@sandiego008: And I think that is what it generally boils down to is who you think wins. Both guys are so close in every single category it's too close to call. It's Colossus' mindset vs Ben Grimm's determination and grit.

I semi agree .. as I see your point ... but im still giving colossus the win 6.5/10 ... if I agreed it would be 5.05/10 in thing favor .. battle is just so close.

#67 Posted by God_Spawn (42928 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandiego008: Colossus has a self preservation and semi-militaristic mindset since well he is a mutant and Cyclops treats them as soldiers, you can use that as your answer over Ben's determination.

Moderator Online
#68 Posted by Cable_Extreme (16783 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ego said:

Satyrquaze says:

"Well, how about this, we know that Wolverine once (adamantium) clawed Thing's face forcing him to wear a mask for a few months.We also know that Wolvies claws generally can't penetrate Colossus' skin. (i'm unsure how often and how hard he's tried)On that basis, Colossus' armor is better."

Let's say if Superman were wearing adimantium claws... it will penetrate colossus skin. Adamantium is unbreakable... Colossus' organic steel skin is.

Adamantium is not unbreakable, it is the hhardest substance on earth. It is known that nothing on earth is stronger, but magneto has broken/bended adamantium many times so it isn't truly unbreakable.
#69 Posted by Stronger (5051 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thing wins!

Avatar image for inconvenient_truth
#70 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2547 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough one for me

#71 Edited by Raw_Material (3553 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus most likely..

#72 Edited by Brusier (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadcool: hulk beats thing all the time the only fight thing won is against the grey hulk so stop trying to make it look like hulk is weak.

No Caption Provided

In this comic, Hulk and thing fought all over the city but thing got exhausted and hulk pounded him in submission.

No Caption Provided

In this comic, Hulk knocks out thing, after fighting him all over the city. you ain't saying nothing.

#73 Posted by TifaLockhart (20999 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought Thing was a better fighter. Hnh. I didn't realize Colossus was skilled.

#74 Posted by Deadcool (6943 posts) - - Show Bio

@brusier: Hmmm, 2 years and 6 months ago.

#75 Edited by Brusier (17 posts) - - Show Bio
#76 Posted by God_Spawn (42928 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#77 Edited by comic_book_fan (10975 posts) - - Show Bio

the thing wins thor was holding back but he almost always holds back colossus has nothing on this level.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#78 Posted by ComicStooge (22062 posts) - - Show Bio
#79 Posted by CheeseSticks (2867 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus 6/10 IMO

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
#80 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17185 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan:

I would say that he has.

Colossus fought with Hulk and thanks to element of suprise and better skills were even able to KO him. LAter Hulk regain his consciousness and BFRd Piotr. Before that fight, Hulk also beat Colossus.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

This proves that Colossus has needed strength to KO Hulk, that he uses his fighting skills and reflex, but I don't think that without suprising him, he would be able to win more than 2 fights in 10 battles.

And Thor was very highly holding back. In other occasion Thor killed Thing, what was later reversed by Odin. And he one-shotted Angrir, who is above Rulk, ergo above Savage Hulk.

#81 Posted by comic_book_fan (10975 posts) - - Show Bio
#82 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17185 posts) - - Show Bio
#83 Posted by comic_book_fan (10975 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: nope this was from fantastic 4 166 he had help from sue and reed but he shotted hulk I got it from a respect thread so I am unsure how they helped him .

#84 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17185 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: nope this was from fantastic 4 166 he had help from sue and reed but he shotted hulk I got it from a respect thread so I am unsure how they helped him .

You shouldn't use respect threads as a base of Your info.

And Hulk was already going down after Sue made a force field around his head and cutted him from air. Thing just needed to finish the job.

#85 Posted by comic_book_fan (10975 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan:

but when it came time to hold ben down he and sif I think is who it was I could be mistaken on what goddess it was shown to be struggling to hold ben down which supports that ben is close to thor usual strength I know thor is much stronger when he isn't holding back but he has dismissed stronger then colossus with much more ease then struggling with ben .

#86 Edited by comic_book_fan (10975 posts) - - Show Bio

Posted by comic_book_fan (963 posts) 1 second ago

1.been beat a puppet master controlled wonderman

2. and it stated in the small panel that wonderman floored thor with one punch in the same comic.

3.how do you figure hulk stomped thing in that fight ben hits and knocks him clear across the room hulk hits ben on top the head and the floor gives away ben is completely unharmed from the attack and is making a joke about it then comes back and fights wolverine who is attacking sue.

4. earth bound heroes.

5.he shouldn't have because of his juggernaut armor but he still did hurt him.

Avatar image for stayclassymarvel
#87 Posted by StayclassyMarvel (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Strength: Colossus=Thing

Durability: Colossus>Thing

Fighting skill: Colossus<Thing

Could go either way. Based on just these factors, assuming their durability and H2H is nearly the same, I'd say the Thing would win by an inch just because of his heart.

#88 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17185 posts) - - Show Bio

Strength: Colossus=Thing

Durability: Colossus>Thing

Fighting skill: Colossus<Thing

Could go either way. Based on just these factors, assuming their durability and H2H is nearly the same, I'd say the Thing would win by an inch just because of his heart.

I wouldn't put Thing's fighting skills above Colossus' ones. Colos used them against Hulk, Sasquatch or Juggernaut.

#89 Edited by Rickbarry (2005 posts) - - Show Bio

I've come to the conclusion that this will never be answered until the two actually have it out. They're so similar it's freaky.

#90 Edited by comic_book_fan (10975 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: the thing is a boxer wrestler and judo and basic air force training.

I would say they are even but colossus is being trained so he might some day be more skilled.

#91 Posted by God_Spawn (42928 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing.

Moderator Online
#92 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17185 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: the thing is a boxer wrestler and judo and basic air force training.

I would say they are even but colossus is being trained so he might some day be more skilled.

This is rather about their character. Thing more depend on his strength than Piotr, since he more rarely uses it in his fights.

#93 Edited by Rickbarry (2005 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: This fight isn't taking place on Yancy Street, bud!

#94 Posted by SirNickTheEpic (702 posts) - - Show Bio

colossus has this im sorry but if he is the juggernaut ben dies in a curb stomp, other wise its close but the Russian takes it.

#95 Posted by Jonesio (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to say Colossus but this is probably correct:

Whoever wants it more.

#96 Posted by dondave (41749 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonesio said:

I want to say Colossus but this is probably correct:

@god_spawn said:

Whoever wants it more.

QFT

#97 Posted by comic_book_fan (10975 posts) - - Show Bio

ben

#98 Posted by CHUCKY47 (271 posts) - - Show Bio