#1 Posted by kintarogre (156 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would win.I think Colossus.

#2 Posted by Brainiac1.0 (448 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus because his strength was up to regular hulk strength. The thing was no way near to regular hulk strength .

#3 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio

Brainiac1.0 says:

"Colossus because his strength was up to regular hulk strength. The thing was no way near to regular hulk strength ."

Wrong.Colossus and the Thing are both on the same strength level.

#4 Posted by Danko (309 posts) - - Show Bio

Strength: They're both each others equal in the strength department.

Armor: Thing has a rock-like body and Colussus a body made from organic steel, both can take quite a pounding.. no clear winner either.

Fightingskill: The Thing has been fighting all of his life, in contrary to colussus. So thing has more experience. Colussus however has been trained by the best of the X-men in the dangerroom. So he would definitely know how to handle himself in combat.

So in my opinion it would be a pretty close fight if we look at the powers and skills both have. However i think Thing will be victorious. The reason for this is because Thing just has a bigger thrive to win. Colussus is basically a nice guy who doesn't really want to fight, but will fight if he has to. While Thing will do everything he can to win and simply won't give up, even if it means he'll have to fight a bit dirty to win.

So my vote goes to Thing!

#5 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio

Danko says:

"Strength: They're both each others equal in the strength department. Armor: Thing has a rock-like body and Colussus a body made from organic steel, both can take quite a pounding.. no clear winner either. Fightingskill: The Thing has been fighting all of his life, in contrary to colussus. So thing has more experience. Colussus however has been trained by the best of the X-men in the dangerroom. So he would definitely know how to handle himself in combat. So in my opinion it would be a pretty close fight if we look at the powers and skills both have. However i think Thing will be victorious. The reason for this is because Thing just has a bigger thrive to win. Colussus is basically a nice guy who doesn't really want to fight, but will fight if he has to. While Thing will do everything he can to win and simply won't give up, even if it means he'll have to fight a bit dirty to win. So my vote goes to Thing!"

Iunno about all that...

#6 Posted by lionheart (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

Danko says:

"Strength: They're both each others equal in the strength department. Armor: Thing has a rock-like body and Colussus a body made from organic steel, both can take quite a pounding.. no clear winner either. Fightingskill: The Thing has been fighting all of his life, in contrary to colussus. So thing has more experience. Colussus however has been trained by the best of the X-men in the dangerroom. So he would definitely know how to handle himself in combat. So in my opinion it would be a pretty close fight if we look at the powers and skills both have. However i think Thing will be victorious. The reason for this is because Thing just has a bigger thrive to win. Colussus is basically a nice guy who doesn't really want to fight, but will fight if he has to. While Thing will do everything he can to win and simply won't give up, even if it means he'll have to fight a bit dirty to win. So my vote goes to Thing!"

i agree

#7 Posted by Brainiac1.0 (448 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Brainiac1.0 says:
"Colossus because his strength was up to regular hulk strength. The thing was no way near to regular hulk strength ."
Wrong.Colossus and the Thing are both on the same strength level."

No read this they are remember thing always loses to the hulk but watch collossus fight wwh and see what wwh says

And read this

And thing was NEVER a decent oppenent for HULK

#8 Posted by Unbelonger (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Brainiac1.0 says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Brainiac1.0 says:
Wrong.Colossus and the Thing are both on the same strength level."
No read this they are remember thing always loses to the hulk but watch collossus fight wwh and see what wwh says And read this And thing was NEVER a decent oppenent for HULK"

Actually the Thing Beat hulk after suffering further mutation and going crazy(something like that). The scan isn't showing anything but an opinion, Colossus got into submission immediately.

zzzzzzzzzzzz

#9 Posted by Satyrquaze (4539 posts) - - Show Bio

Steel beats rock.

Colossus has much better armor.

Brainiac 1.0, that scan proves less than nothing within the basis of this thread. Now, if this were a Colossus vs. WWH thread maybe...

#10 Posted by Unbelonger (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"Steel beats rock. Colossus has **much** better armor. Brainiac 1.0, that scan proves less than nothing within the basis of this thread. Now, if this were a Colossus vs. WWH thread maybe..."

Actually the Thing skin isn't rock, it is just rock like. You can't just discard it by that principle.

And WWH would beat Colossus easily.

zzzzzzzzz

#11 Posted by Satyrquaze (4539 posts) - - Show Bio

Unbelonger says:

"Actually the Thing skin isn't rock, it is just rock like. You can't just discard it by that principle. And WWH would beat Colossus easily. zzzzzzzzz"

Well, how about this, we know that Wolverine once (adamantium) clawed Thing's face forcing him to wear a mask for a few months.

We also know that Wolvies claws generally can't penetrate Colossus' skin. (i'm unsure how often and how hard he's tried)

On that basis, Colossus' armor is better.

#12 Posted by Unbelonger (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"Unbelonger says:
"Actually the Thing skin isn't rock, it is just rock like. You can't just discard it by that principle. And WWH would beat Colossus easily. zzzzzzzzz"
Well, how about this, we know that Wolverine once (adamantium) clawed Thing's face forcing him to wear a mask for a few months. We also know that Wolvies claws generally can't penetrate Colossus' skin. (i'm unsure how often and how hard he's tried) On that basis, Colossus' armor is better. "

That basis is variable because Wolverine has never actually tried to pierce Colossus. This was discussed in another forum no long ago.

zzzzzzzzzz

#13 Posted by Phoenix God (415 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't say Colossus won't fight a little dirty to win. He killed Psylocke and David in Ulimate X-Men by crushing them under a car because he felt it was the only way to take care of the problem.

#14 Posted by Ego (2528 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"Well, how about this, we know that Wolverine once (adamantium) clawed Thing's face forcing him to wear a mask for a few months.We also know that Wolvies claws generally can't penetrate Colossus' skin. (i'm unsure how often and how hard he's tried)On that basis, Colossus' armor is better."

Let's say if Superman were wearing adimantium claws... it will penetrate colossus skin. Adamantium is unbreakable... Colossus' organic steel skin is.

#15 Posted by Satyrquaze (4539 posts) - - Show Bio

Ego says:

"Let's say if Superman were wearing adimantium claws... it will penetrate colossus skin. Adamantium is unbreakable... Colossus' organic steel skin is. "

Nearly unbreakable. There have quite a few instances in comics that prove that adamantium is quite breakable.

Unbelonger says:

"That basis is variable because Wolverine has never actually tried to pierce Colossus. This was discussed in another forum no long ago.zzzzzzzzzz"

Regardless, we're getting off topic.

The fact of the matter is that when the creator of these characters made them, they based their armor off fairly common real-life substances. Stone in the case of the Thing, and Steel in the case Colossus. Neither character's skin is actually made out of the substance, its made out a substance of similar strength and such, but it has to be flexible.

Given that, I think Colossus has the better protection.

#16 Posted by lionheart (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

i think thing actually wins this fight i think he has more heart and more of a desire to win the fight thing fights dirty also you know

#17 Posted by lboy (583 posts) - - Show Bio

I cant beleive im agreeing with vance astro but i think the thing

#20 Posted by pooty (16236 posts) - - Show Bio
@Satyrquaze:  I vote Colossus because of steel vs rock also. But in comics I have not seen anything to support that Colossus is more durable.
#21 Posted by Skaddix (3111 posts) - - Show Bio

adamantium used to be breakable but nowadays its unbreakable

#23 Posted by pooty (16236 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:  What? lol.  i voted for Colossus. Then you replied to.......yourself and said thing wins
#25 Posted by zakman55719 (195 posts) - - Show Bio

lol this is from marvel.com
the thing is a formidable and relentless hand to hand combatant. His fighting style incorporates elements of boxing, wrestling, judo, jujutsu, and street-fighting techniques, as well as hand to hand combat training from the military.  colossus is an excellent hand-to-hand combatant, having received training from Wolverine and Cyclops. He has had training in acrobatics but  In his armored form, Colossus possesses superhuman levels of strength, which currently exceeds that of the Thing 

#26 Posted by HellionVulcan (7047 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus is class 100 thing is class 75/80 tons & colossus can take alot more punishment then thing could ever dream of but thing never quits no matter what but i'd say colossus wins more times then thing .

#27 Posted by Deadcool (6943 posts) - - Show Bio
@Brainiac1.0: NEVER?!... Man, The Thing had won aganst Hulk several times...
This is one of those victories:
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
#28 Posted by Cypher's Gambit (2314 posts) - - Show Bio
@Skaddix said:
" adamantium used to be breakable but nowadays its unbreakable "
There are 4-5 types of Adamantium. Some brittle than others, some that are virtually unbreakable unless with molecular powers like Magneto warps it.
#29 Posted by ComicStooge (22062 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool:
Those are all old comics.
#30 Posted by Deadcool (6943 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicStooge:  yes, what is the problem?
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
#31 Posted by HellionVulcan (7047 posts) - - Show Bio

The world war hulk bit isn't good he got one shotted straight after & was ko'd as colossus lasted longer then thing against world war hulk & that comic colossus vs hulk on that hiking trip colossus held his ground & out fought out smarted hulk . .

#32 Posted by Skaddix (3111 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cypher's Gambit said:
" @Skaddix said:
There are 4-5 types of Adamantium. Some brittle than others, some that are virtually unbreakable unless with molecular powers like Magneto warps it. "
True Caps shield is the strongest form followed by WOLVERINE'S BRAND. The rest are a joke.
#33 Edited by DocJude (400 posts) - - Show Bio

Both Colossus and Ben Grimm have performed feats requiring Class 100 Str so I'm just going to place them there, relatively equal. They don't get stronger with anger like the Hulk & apart from obvious adrenal flush reactions, so....
 H2H: they're relatively equal, Colossus getting Danger Room Training & obviously time with Logan. Ben Grimm was a Boxer & all-around grappler (Wrestling, Judo, etc) for years before transforming. They both fight constantly dealing with enemies so they probably have effectively equal real-world H2H experience. 
What it's really going to come down to is Heart. Sorry X-fanboys but the Yancy Streeter's got this fight cinched, Colossus just ain't figured it out yet.

No Caption Provided
#34 Posted by RLAAMJR (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus will win here. I think Colossus is more invulnerable and more durable than Thing. I also think Colossus is stronger. 
#35 Posted by Noelieboats (62 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going for the russian for one simple reason. Durability not just in the armour sense but with not needing a heart beat or to breathe he fights at peek level all of the time. The damage he takes is less relevant cause you just can't draw blood from him and in this scenario you can draw blood from a stone. He was no weak point not even his eyes. The thing can tire out thats well documented,

#36 Posted by karrob (4305 posts) - - Show Bio

Id say Colossus

#37 Posted by zakman55719 (195 posts) - - Show Bio

the thing got this i say

#38 Posted by colhero1 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Thing he is a childhood fav of mine and he does have a ton of heart I give him that but Colossus is the superior in durability stamina Colossus doesn't get tired ever....he has never bled in steel form in fact he has been super heated by pyro and instantly froze when he was hit with liquid nitrogen shortly after it cracked his armor and he had to be pieced back together by magneto...but the fact is he survived...also in secret wars everyone was atomized by Beyonder Doom Colossus and Mister Fantastic where the only ones that bodies remained in tacked enough to be revived note thing was utterly atomized and thor was also go figure but hey....Thing cant survive the impacts that Colossus can although thing is durable on the inside he is still flesh like on the inside meaning he can sustain internal injuries where as colossus insides become pure energy thus the inexaustible stamina...and althoug colossus can be damaged even have holes blown through him or missing parts like in AoA portions of Colossus's head were missing due to acid damage but yet he still functioned while in his Osmium/carbon like form...Thing can withstand temprature extremes of 800 degrees while colossus can withstand 9000 degrees its plain to see who is the victor in the end....Colossus hits just as hard as thing possibly even harder if you add the durability of his fist into the mix...Heart cant win this one folks Orange pebbles will liter the ground in this slugfest with colossus standing triumphant.

#39 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio
@Skaddix said:
You have it the other way around.
#40 Posted by DrTyrannical (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno. This is always a hard one to call for me. I'd have to go with the Thing, though. He's done better against Gladiator than Colossus and in  X-men annual #5 Thing beat Colossus in an arm wrestling match. I know that doesn't say much, but it's something. 

Then again Colossus did way better against Vision than Thing did but I think Colossus beating Vision was PIS. 

Thing for the win.

#41 Posted by Shieldruid10 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing!

#43 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (12599 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this could go either way.

#44 Posted by jayskee (4790 posts) - - Show Bio

these scans prove the thing is at least as strong as colussus. The thing is also a better fighter so I say thing wins this
#45 Posted by xxMarvelxx (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets first sit back and understand one thing both Thing and Colossus have gone against the Hulk and either were a match or beat him. Thing is quite strong I give him that and has "Sooo much training" but lets be real about this. Colossus overall would win this one. Be it normal Colossus or Juggy Colossus .. Thing would lose hands down. Good match up but Colossus wins (mortal kombat voice)

#46 Posted by God_Spawn (42934 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoever wants it more.

Avatar image for lectriccolossus
#47 Posted by lectriccolossus (469 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel this one would be taken by Colossus. Sure thing has experience, but that only goes so far. I think Colossus is stronger and more durable. An organic steel-like body beats a rocky-like body any day, But this would be a nice fight to see in a comic...why hasnt this happened?

#48 Edited by beerhan (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough one. Im going to say thing because hes got a tougher attitude and would want the win more.

#49 Posted by Saren (27931 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing.

#50 Edited by daak1212 (8404 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate both with a passion, Thing is just a rock and Piotr is a pu*&y. Piotr would be cooler as a villain (Not even as Juggerlosus)

Edit: I aint even vote. I go with Thing