Thing (Earth 616) vs General Zod (New 52/Rebirth)

• 60 results
Avatar image for matchesmalone28
matchesmalone28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rules

• Random Encounter
  • Current Thing
  • New 52/Rebirth version of Zod
  • Standart gears
  • No additional help
  • BFR allowed ( doesn't count as victory)
  • Wins by death or incapacitation

Yamiyodare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

General Zod curbstomps.

jc9865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven’t read rebirth yet. But I’d still put my money on Zod

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod under 2 Sun amps got his ass kicked by Hal, i have no idea how he is going to put down Thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dcfd39cce459
deactivated-5dcfd39cce459

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod wins by being a much better character

matchesmalone28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By matchesmalone28

@underfire47 said:

Zod under 2 Sun amps got his ass kicked by Hal, i have no idea how he is going to put down Thing.

Looks like you didn't read the issue 37 where Zod beat him up ,even though he was wearing the most powerful ring of the Corps....whose power came directly from the emotional spectrum. He only defeated Zod in issue 40 or 41 when he was no longer holding back. I have to post scans??

Stop lowballing Hald Jordan!!

solaris6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing handily

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Zod curbs this shit!

Rustlingjimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

HuthiMula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huthimula: Yea that's why he got casually concussed by meme Superman.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47 said:

Looks like you didn't read the issue 37 where Zod beat him up ,even though he was wearing the most powerful ring of the Corps....whose power came directly from the emotional spectrum. He only defeated Zod in issue 40 or 41 when he was no longer holding back. I have to post scans??

Great way to invalidate your own point... You can beat up pretty much anyone if they are holding back, it depends entirely on how much they are holding back. Literal street tiers could beat up high-tiers if the high-tiers held back enough for that.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Zod losing to Hal isn’t relevant. Hal would destroy Thing with no issue

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's relevant because Hal destroyed Zod more easily than he would Thing, in fact it's scary to imagine how much it would have been more of a stomp if it was regular Zod and not one under 2 stars amp.

matchesmalone28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone28 said:
@underfire47 said:

Great way to invalidate your own point... You can beat up pretty much anyone if they are holding back, it depends entirely on how much they are holding back. Literal street tiers could beat up high-tiers if the high-tiers held back enough for that.

You didn't invalidate anything, you're just running away from searching what I said

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone28: No i said you invalidate your own point. What? I can post the scans myself i read GL it's the reason why i know about the scans in the first place lol.

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What exactly are new 52/rebirth feats for zod

matchesmalone28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone28: No i said you invalidate your own point. What? I can post the scans myself i read GL it's the reason why i know about the scans in the first place lol.

You read to the point of ignoring that Zod beat when Hal stepped on Jekuul.
Ignoring that no other Green Lantern was able to even hurt Zod, not even Kyle Rayner using Hal's ring

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone28: That's because most GL's are inconsistent fodder, Kyle is an embarrassment in Rebirth and Zod was AMPED.

Regular Zod here isn't beating Thing. Or did you make the thread with the winner in your mind and are now breaking the rules by debating for one?

matchesmalone28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huthimula: Yea that's why he got casually concussed by meme Superman.

Because a high end feat of Thing knocking out Hulk people blindly believe that he can beat anyone as if he were the most powerful being on the planet.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Underfire47

@matchesmalone28: The problem with people like you is you think knocking out Hulk is the highest thing Thing has done, when the same guy has knocked out Thor and Surfer before as well as having a plethora of other impressive feats.

Also i guess that confirms you broke the rules intentionally and are trying to make a thread with a winner in mind.

matchesmalone28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone28: That's because most GL's are inconsistent fodder, Kyle is an embarrassment in Rebirth and Zod was AMPED.

Regular Zod here isn't beating Thing. Or did you make the thread with the winner in your mind and are now breaking the rules by debating for one?

Am I saying who's the winner?? I don't think so.
The only thing I was talking to you about until you talked about ''meme Superman''was about to not lowball Hal Jordan.

matchesmalone28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone28: The problem with people like you is you think knocking out Hulk is the highest thing Thing has done, when the same guy has knocked out Thor and Surfer before as well as having a plethora of other impressive feats.

Also i guess that confirms you broke the rules intentionally and are trying to make a thread with a winner in mind.

In no other post I said who is the winner.....Can you show where I said that one of them would win ??

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone28: No but you are heavily implying by invalidating a recent Thing showing. Also why is it lowballing to say Hal beat up amped Zod?

matchesmalone28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone28: No but you are heavily implying by invalidating a recent Thing showing. Also why is it lowballing to say Hal beat up amped Zod?

I just sick of people bring this only feat to the table like this feat is automatic victory.

By the way you mentioned Hal Jordan fighting Zod, it's like you're diminishing him

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Underfire47

@matchesmalone28: I mean it's the most recent one and a pretty powerful one, especially considering that same version of Hulk has been going around ROFLstomping every other superhero he came across.

No i am just saying Zod (while amped) got stomped a non-holding back high-tier. I don't think he can beat Thing who(while not amped) didn't get stomped by a non-holding back high-tier.

matchesmalone28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone28: I mean it's the most recent one and a pretty powerful one, especially considering that same version of Hulk has been going around ROFLstomping every other superhero he came across.

I know it's the latest and most powerful of his feats, but there are others that can be used as a basis for debate,to make the debate more interesting and informative.

Besides the other characters like Thor who is stronger than Ben were unable to replicate such a feat which is implausible or bad writing,although Thor has become a shadow of what once was. Noa get me wrong but I like elaborate debates

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone28: Sure and people have made those arguments in various threads.

Thing feat is a bit outlierish yes, personally i view it as a 1 in 100 perfect/lucky punhces that you throw and he did break his entire arm to achieve the effect. What is actually more impressive to me is that he took punches from Hulk for over an hour and despite having most of his body broken and half of his face completely missing he still had the will and drive to keep going. He is an incredibly resilient character.

matchesmalone28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone28: Sure and people have made those arguments in various threads.

Thing feat is a bit outlierish yes, personally i view it as a 1 in 100 perfect/lucky punhces that you throw and he did break his entire arm to achieve the effect. What is actually more impressive to me is that he took punches from Hulk for over an hour and despite having most of his body broken and half of his face completely missing he still had the will and drive to keep going. He is an incredibly resilient character.

I don't know much about his feats, but that's something I've always heard about Ben Grimm..that he has great resilience and willpower. That argument of knocking out Hulk is getting boring,because many of the people who vote for Ben don't use other feats or elaborate about that fight. Even worse is that they don't analyze the opposing character,don't research about their powers and abilities and feats.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing oneshots

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OP is showing bias, pls lock

HuthiMula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mbatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod GODSTOMPS WHO MADE THIS

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod stomps

Avatar image for deactivated-614da662d6bee
deactivated-614da662d6bee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DyingIsGhey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

N52/Rebirth Zod sucks, his feats rely on scaling to N52/Rebirth characters who also happen to suck. Thing beats his ass.

solaris6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing handily.