• 167 results
Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Russia and China. If its just military, China has the advantage there. US could win if its a nuclear stomp.

You realise Russia has largest nuclear arsenal and potential in the world. Not to mention their antimissile defence is unrivaled in the world. Not that it mattes, because nuclear war is end of the world so it does not matter. However claiming us would win because of nukes is bollocks. Without nukes russia and china would overpower us. Just more number of troops and military.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@supermanforever: Didn't know about Anti-Missile defence, How good is that to stop a nuclear attack on the country? Without nukes China arguably solos. Russia has a stockpile of nukes larger than USA but when it comes to actually deploy it. US is far better.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

United States.

Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever: Didn't know about Anti-Missile defence, How good is that to stop a nuclear attack on the country? Without nukes China arguably solos. Russia has a stockpile of nukes larger than USA but when it comes to actually deploy it. US is far better.

Thats not true actually. Russia has far longer range of capabilities. In fact Russia can target any point on earth at any time from Russia, while us can not. Russias antimissile defence is extremely powerfull and feared in the world. They can be placed on wheels and moved around anywhere they want and they can catch missiles before it falls with close to 100 percent aim, they can even reach and target nuclear warheads literaly in space and they work automatically without human needing to target them. In recent years Vladimir Putin even stated that Russia has systems that can automatically target their opponents, even if russia is completely destroyed which is actually frightening.

Not saying us any weaker, they are roughly equal.In nuclear war no one will win for sure.

I dont know what would happen in no nuclear war between Russia and US, but im certain that Russia would very well defend their territories even if entire globe attacked them. They have so much defensive capabilties that i dont see anyone entering russian borders and comming out alive. Whoever will be in defending side would win imo.

Also battle courage plays a big role, im myself half russian and our people have big courage and love for the country and would run trough brick walls and can live in very tough conditions and still fight back. Not saying US people are cowards, but when you see what kind of military life soldiers in us have compared to how it is in russia when you are sent to siberia, living in tent two years eating frozen tuna and showering in the rain.

If those two fought the results will be catastrophic, however i would say that whoever will be defending side will win,

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever: There is a way to decide who wins the nuclear war, whoever has most survivors from the fallout wins, I think US richies have already made arrangements for that. There is already an arrangement for Mr.President.

Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever: There is a way to decide who wins the nuclear war, whoever has most survivors from the fallout wins, I think US richies have already made arrangements for that. There is already an arrangement for Mr.President.

pretty sure russia would have those planned too. Well that wouldnt matter, because nuclear radiation will polute the earth badly. Not to mention nuclear detonations are highly dangerous for the atmoshpere. Forexample soviets cancelled 100 megaton nuclear bomb plans, because how dangerous it could be as it could literaly tear apart the ozone layer and wipe all life on earth overtime. they even detonated 50 megaton bomb in novaya zemlya, the blast was so powerfull it shattered windows thousands of kilometers away.

Avatar image for deactivated-621c40d36c53f
deactivated-621c40d36c53f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

much of the stuff regarding russias power is all propaganda. their nukes is all they mostly got going for them.

we even have soviet army veterans who whine about how poorly trained russian soldiers are compared to then and they train far less than americans do. its all propaganda. just a paper tiger.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever: Of course it would be a mass extinction but the number of survivors in underground facilities does mean something. While Humanity as a whole would lose their country would have number of people surviving. Thats just what I was saying.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Amcu
@empressofdread said:

When you say that what exactly do you mean? In overall ability I think its fair to say that the US is still decades ahead of China. If a war happened in China's area of influence like the south China sea they would likely win. But it would be a good fight and both sides would suffer severe loses. Whereas any offensive besides nuclear war, against the US would be completely and utterly destroyed.

So while China could protect its on nation and keep the US from taking it or controlling the area in that vicinity(assuming US allies don't help the US). They have no chance at all of taking the the US's land or controlling the areas around the US.

China just does not have the logistics to support a powerful force thousands of miles across the world. They don't have the troop transports or supply lines. They don't have the airfields stationed around the planet or aircraft carriers to send fighters needed to protect other aircraft. They don't have the bombers for assaulting armies and air tankers to fuel combative aircraft and keep them active. They don't have the vessels to carry Marines and equipment needed to take land and occupy it. They don't have the naval bases to maintain their ships, fix any damage or problems that they might have with them and refuel them when they run out. At all levels they just don't compare. The US air force and navy would completely annihilate any offensive aimed at the continental US, because China just would not be able to deploy a capable offensive. They just don't have the resources to project their military all the way to the US at the level of power needed to engage in any conflict that would be remotely competitive.

Infact I'd go as far as to say that the entire world combined would fail to invade the US or control the area around us. It requires a huge amount of tools and resources to invade or fight a powerful nation thousands of miles form your own. No nation on the planet besides the US has that ability. We've spent trillions on it and its the reason we are considered to be the only global superpower on the planet. Because we can project our power globally anywhere in the world. I think China may eventually get there as their military develops and their economy grows larger and larger. But as for now they'd still be considered a regionalsuperpower. As in you would consider them a superpower in their own region.

Overall the US is still far more powerful. We just could lose a war that favors China geographically.

Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: China is drastically overestimated when it comes to military and idk why. Right now the biggest and badest military on te planet are Russia and US and they are ahead by a very long mile. Overall US is more powerfull than Russia, but a war between those two will never happen and if it happens whoever is defending side will win.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This fight is actually very situational, who's invading who? and for what reason? are nukes being used? etc.

I guess I'd favor 'Merica more often than not.

@amcu If the whole world tried to invade the US, I'm pretty sure it would happen.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: China is drastically overestimated when it comes to military and idk why. Right now the biggest and badest military on te planet are Russia and US and they are ahead by a very long mile. Overall US is more powerfull than Russia, but a war between those two will never happen and if it happens whoever is defending side will win.

I agree for the most part. Especially that a war will likely never happen. I do think China is growing closer and closer. Particularly if you look at their navy and the rate at which they are deploying and developing new ship types. They also managed to steal tech from the US to create new fighters(Though they're having some trouble with engines). The main thing that I think would benefit China over the US and Russia in particular, is how much more they can spend if a conflict arose. Right now a quick search on google indicates that Russia is spending about 4.3% of its GDP on defense. The U.S. is spending 3.1%. But China is only spending 1.5% of its GDP on defense. That's very relevant in war because while Russia and the US could both increase spending they can't do so to the level that China can. They can't ramp up production of weapon systems and armaments as significantly as China.

I think China is going to grow a lot in overall power over the next couple decades because of how fast their economy is rising. They have a long ways to go but they've gone a long ways in the past decade alone.

I do really agree with you that the defending side of the war is at the advantage. I don't think any of them can truly invade the others at this point. The US could fight a regional conflict with either Russia or China in areas near them but not actually inside their nation(Say the South China sea for China and Eastern European states like Poland, Ukraine and the Baltic states for Russia). But to do so we would need help from out allies. South Korea and Japan in particular against China. And Nato against Russia.

One area the US and Russia both are far ahead of China in is Nuclear weapons. Both our countries have far more of them and we also have far better Ballistic Missile Submarines to deploy Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles. Also both the US and Russia have great air defense systems. The US has the Aegis Anti ballistic missile systems on are Destroyers and Cruisers and on shore we have the THAAD system to intercept ballistic missiles. Russia has the S-400 system that has the ability to destroy ballistic missiles and also is developing the S-500 which if I'm not mistaken will be even better at intercepting ballistic missiles. Though I don't think any of these can reliably stop the fastest ICBM's, they could potentially help shield Russia and the US partially in a nuclear war. Whereas I'm not aware of any Chinese equivalents to such air defense systems.

Really its fun to debate and consider how these fights would go down. But like you said, they'll never really happen.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Amcu

@kirkseven said:

This fight is actually very situational, who's invading who? and for what reason? are nukes being used? etc.

@amcuIf the whole world tried to invade the US, I'm pretty sure it would happen.

How would the world deploy troops to the US? How would they resource their ships, air lanes, aircraft, air bases etc? How would they even build air and naval bases near the US when the US could just stop them? Fact of the mater is no other nation on earth has developed the logistics to deploy a major force thousands upon thousands of miles from their home. And the nations near the US like Canada and Mexico are weak. Even US allies rely on US logistical systems to actually deploy around the world if I'm not mistaken.

I think people think of it too simply. Its not just about how many ships, tanks and aircraft you have. Its about actually getting them to where they need to go and managing to keep them there while engaging a military superpower near their home.

Matthew660

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team stomp. Either could put up a great fight with heavy casualties for the US. Together they stomp hard.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:
@kirkseven said:

@amcuIf the whole world tried to invade the US, I'm pretty sure it would happen.

How would the world deploy troops to the US? How would they resource their ships, air lanes, aircraft, air bases etc? How would they even build air bases near the US when the US could just stop them? Fact of the mater is no other nation on earth has developed the logistics to deploy a major force thousands upon thousands of miles from their home. And the nations near the US like Canada and Mexico are weak. Even US allies rely on US logistical systems to actually deploy around the world if I'm not mistaken.

I think people think of it too simply. Its not just about how many ships, tanks and aircraft you have. Its about actually getting them to where they need to go.

All this is so true and it’s actually a major reason why the US hasn’t been successfully invaded by anyone, even the British before America became independent.

OT: this wouldn’t be a nuclear war due to MAD, so it’ll just be troops fighting. The US has the advantage in weaponry tanks and aircraft, but China has more troops. Russia’s in the middle.

imo its a sort of stalemate in the US’s favour due to more machinery being more advantageous over greater number of troops.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1y1e_ASbSIE

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kids who play minecraft win since they control the illuminati.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Paytience

Me. Standing here. Watching Russia get utterly outclassed by Ukraine. Saying, "I told you so"...