The Unforgiven vs The Tau Empire (Warhammer 40k)

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

VERSUS
VERSUS
No Caption Provided

The Rules

• The Ethereal are found out to be working with a small enclave of the Fallen Angels. Chapter Master Azrael, and acting Supreme Grand Master of the Inner Circle is completely livid. The forces of the Unforgiven are gathered as a single unit to assault the Tau Empire and purify it in flame, and strings are pulled (AKA Inquisitorial Representative blackmailed) to get the Deathwatch to come in full force too.
  • Dark Angels get any support forces they would normally have normal circumstance
  • Lets include the Farsight Enclave with the Tau Empire because why not I guess. The Deathwatch won't make much of a distinction between the two
  • Current versions of all
  • The Tau have all their subjugated races here

If this is a stomp for the Dark Angels, the Craftworld ofSaim-Hann will assist them

The Callouts

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

When you say the Unforgiven, are we talking like Legion levels of strength here? If so I'd definitely back them against the Tau Empire. Obviously because they're xenos scum of course, and not because part of their Legion turned traitor I mean because they're just that loyal to the Emperor!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fullmetalemprah said:

When you say the Unforgiven, are we talking like Legion levels of strength here? If so I'd definitely back them against the Tau Empire. Obviously because they're xenos scum of course, and not because part of their Legion turned traitor I mean because they're just that loyal to the Emperor!

The Unforgiven is an organization comprised of almost every single Dark Angels Sucessor Chapter. Seeing as Dark Angels are tied with the Ultramarines for the "most stable geneseed award" and they emerged from the Heresy relatively unscathed compared to the legions decimated at Isstvan, this comprises approximately 15% of all space marine chapters in existance, and probably quite a few of the Primaris ones as well, seeing as they got preferential treatment relating to getting those, being a first founding Chapter

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

@decaf_wizard: Since it's basically the entire Legion I'm giving it to the Imperium, I doubt they'd even need the Deathwatch. The Tau are a minor power still even after their recent moves against the Imperial worlds closest to them, and the previous Damocles Crusade scared the hell out of them, and it wasn't even that large by crusade standards(at least when it attacked anyway). I don't think they can handle a Legion level opponent, especially one of the larger ones. The Tau have some good commanders and the added strength of Farsight but I don't think it's enough because the Deathwatch will be constantly be trying to assassinate them and the Ethereals.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im also ruling out the Inquisition or High Lords screwing with the Dark Angels and sabotaging them or something. Its not unheard of for Space Marines to re-form legions temporarily for military engagements. Even the Ultramarines did it once to screw the Night Lords sideways

‘It was the Ultramarines.’ Talos lowered his head, surrendering to the memory now.

‘A thousand warriors?’ The Apothecary’s eyes widened. ‘That’s all?’

‘You think in such small terms,’ Talos chuckled. ‘The Ultramarines. Their sons. Their brothers. Their cousins. The entire Legion, reborn after the Heresy, wearing hundreds of icons proclaiming their new allegiances. They called themselves the Primogenitors. I believe their descendants still do.’

‘You mean the Ultramarines’ kindred Chapters?’ Variel could almost picture it now. ‘How many of them?’

‘All of them, Variel,’ Talos said softly, seeing the sky once again on that distant day. ‘All of them.’

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: High Lords are no more. Papa Smurf took their jobs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@decaf_wizard: High Lords are no more. Papa Smurf took their jobs.

Didn't he let them exist, just as like, stooges?

Also comment on the battle noob

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wut

@decaf_wizard: Nah, he disbanded them in Watchers, IIRC. Was near the end when one of the members approached the gatekeeper dude trying to set up a plan to stop Papa Smurf's free reign, but it didn't work and he just dissolved the positions.

Also, the Tau die. Which is good.