The Tyrannical Ten Tournament - CaV - Exar Kun (Decaf Wizard) vs Darth Tenebrous (Master Ellimist)

DarthAnt66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DarthAnt66
No Caption Provided

This thread is apart of a larger tournament between ten ComicVine users. You can read the other debates here:

Exar Kun as of Tales of the Jedi - The Sith War #6. Darth Tenebrous as of Darth Plagueis.

The combatants will fight in-character and with morals on, but beyond that they will not hold back and are ready to kill. They start diagonal from each other at 42 meters away in an indestructible 30 meters by 30 meter arena in the grass plains of Dantooine.

Each introduction can take a maximum of one week to create. Each subsequent post can take a maximum of two weeks to respond. Tentatively, there will be three posts per side. The first post, not including response or sourcing quotes, will have a maximum of 10,000 original characters, the second 17,500, and the third 25,000. Each debater will have a 2,500 finisher.

The debate follows all formal and informal policies of Lucas Licensing as of September 2012, including the internal continuity rankings of the Holocron. In addition:

• Feats take precedent over directly and indisputably contradicted statements.
  • Quotes are binding and have no expiration date unless directly or subtextually contradicted. For the latter, such a case must be made within the debate itself.
  • All letter or number statistics ascribed to characters from C-Canon sources, including role-playing games and trading cards, are banned.

A panel of three judges - myself, @darthskywalker0, and a third - will decide the winner.

DC77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

xolthol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xolthol

TAEP. Good luck both

SithRevenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good luck @decaf_wizard do the Brotherhood proud.

Aladdin_Sane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KUELLER KUELLER KUELLER

decaf_wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So then

Who should post first?

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: Pretty sure it was agreed upon over Discord that you were opening IIRC but it's probably best to check with Ant.

Helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is bad.

decaf_wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By decaf_wizard
No Caption Provided

Exar Kun: Bow To His Might

Overall Accolades

Exar Kun was far more powerful than any of his peers of his time

She discovers the accounts of the Great Sith War, and learns that though Kun was far more powerful than any one other Jedi of the time, a combined force had defeated him.

- The Jedi Academy Sourcebook

Exar Kun is one of the most powerful and dangerous Sith Lords of all time

Once the most powerful and dangerous of the Dark Lords of the Sith, he [Exar Kun] was responsible for the deaths of millions four millennia before the rise of the Empire.

- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

Exar Kun was one of the two greatest focal points of Dark Side Energy that Luke Skywalker has ever faced, as of ABY 19

There in front of him, starkly visible against the blackness of space, he could see the faint images of Emperor Palpatine and Exar Kun, two of the greatest focal points of the dark side he’d ever had to face. They were standing there before him, gazing back at him. And laughing.

- Specter of the Past

In fact Luke looks back upon his encounter with Exar Kun as one of the worst he has ever faced

Ben, he thought, would have had something to say, something healing...Yoda would have known how to deal with The Wretched ruin of a friend's heart and life. The mightiest Jedi in the universe, he reflected bitterly--that he knew of, anyway - come the destroyer of the Sun Crusher, the slayer of evil, who'd defeated the recloned Emperor and the Sith Lord Exar Kun. .
- Children of the Jed

To add onto this Leia considers Kueller the greatest force capability than anybody she had encountered in years, with the sole exception of Exar Kun's spirit

She [Leia] wished she had the same certainty. This Kueller had more Force capability than anyone she had encountered in years. Except Exar Kun, and he had been a spirit. Kueller was alive.

He was using these deaths to replenish his own well of hatred. The dark side ate people from within, but while it did so, it gave them too much power.

He appeared to have more power than she had. More power than Luke.

-The New Rebellion

This is made more impressive by the fact that Mara Jade considered Kruller the strongest thing she had seen sence the early days of Palpatine.

She raised her head. She was stunning, he had to give her that, with her bright green eyes, and red, almost auburn, hair. A woman to respect. A woman that no one ever should tamper with. "I haven't felt power like this since Palpatine in the early days. If this continues, Han, Kueller will be stronger than the Emperor ever was, and he'll do it quicker."

Exar Kun is much stronger than Freedon Nadd, who is significantly stronger than Naga Sadow. Naga Sadow was the greatest of the Korribanite Sith Lords

No Caption Provided

This leads him to the tomb of a long-deceased Dark Lord named Freedon Nadd, a spirit who is destroyed by Kun after all of his magical knowledge is absorbed.

Credit: Exar Kun, Star Wars Galactic Files

It is a tomb that belonged to an ancient Sith Lord... the greatest of Korriban's Sith Lords, in fact."

Source: Knights of the Old Republic

In fact, Fact File puts Exar Kun as the most powerful and dangerous Sith Lord of all time. Nobody else starts getting these quotes until Sheev starts to prominently show up, and later Vitiate

No Caption Provided

Overall Force Power

• Feats of Raw Power

Here are the feats of Exar Kun's raw power when he ISN'T using Sith Sorcery. So excluding those feats, which will have their own section
Exar Kun, massively pre-prime and in fact even before gaining the mantle of Dark Lord of the Sith, raised a 215 meter sith warship, known for being very heavily armoured from the atmosphere of Yavin IV, akin to the raising of the Ravager by Nihilus

Though all of the Derriphan-class battleships were thought to be destroyed in the Great Hyperspace War, at least one survived. The ship, belonging to Naga Sadow, was buried on Yavin 4. During the Great Sith War, Exar Kun would raise the ship from the planet and put it back to service, similar to the way Darth Nihilus would raise the Ravager from the ruined surface of Malachor V.

The spirit of Kun's canonically inferior predecessor Marka Ragnos required the energy of multiple nexuses across the galaxy, such as Byss, Yavin IV and Korriban to even return to a modicum of his power

“The Disciples of Ragnos are getting bold. They’ve managed to siphon Force energy from every site that was mentioned in my journal. We still don’t know what it is they’re planning to do with the energy though.”

The same Ragnos was seen as an existential threat to the New Jedi Order by Luke himself, should he return to life

"If Ragnos is resurrected, there's no telling what he might be able to do. It will take all of our strength to stop him."

Source: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

Here we see that, even as an extremely weakened spirit, Kun is able to casually fingerflick ragdoll Corran Horn hard enough to break bones

"Kun flicked a finger at me, sending me whirling across the courtyard. I tried to gather the Force around me to protect myself, but the shock at my error kept me from it. I slammed into an obsidian wall and heard a bone in my right forearm crack. I clutched the limb to my chest, but Kun spun me again, smashing my flank into a low wall. Ribs crunched with that impact and I felt something inside go, as well. Kun was enjoying himself, probably for the first time in millennia, the very thought of which made me vomit. Kun's laughter echoed through his stronghold as he pitched me around, dancing me and rolling me back and forth across the courtyard. I thought his actions were haphazard, especially when he lifted me into the air, then dashed me down, shattering my left leg, but even through the pain I had a clarity of mind. He wanted me thinking, not dead, yet, and that made my stomach roll again. Eventually, like a child tiring of a toy, he let me go."
- Corran Horn

In fact, he has no issue whatsoever ragdolling all of Luke's Students combined while a weakened spirit

As his eyes adjusted, Streen saw that all twelve of the Jedi candidates were limned with the faintest sheen of an iridescent blue glow that grew brighter as the new Jedi converged around Exar Kun. "Even joined together, you are too weak to fight me!" the shadowy man said. Streen felt his throat constrict, his windpipe close. He choked, unable to breathe. The black silhouette turned, staring at those who resisted him. The Jedi trainees grasped their throats, straining to breathe, their faces darkening with the effort.
- Jedi Academy: Champions of the Force

Getting to feats Kun has while alive, he was far more powerful than the force witch Aleema, who was able to reduce people to withered husks with her blasts after like a month or two of training and was described as "rippling in dark side energy"

No Caption Provided

He was full capable of oneshotting Odan-Urr, a powerful Jedi Master with Force Wound, after just being attacked and weakened with a Sever Force / Wall of Light attack. This was pre-prime, before having his power skyrocketed by the Dark Holocron

No Caption Provided

Furthermore, he was also capable of oneshotting Sylvar with a force push. Sylvar at this point, had force defenses good enough to deflect basilisk war droid blasts, which can damage the hulls of starships

No Caption Provided

Lastly for now, his force scream echoed across the galaxy, creating ripples in the force itself

Nadd offered Kun a way to live, and to repair his broken body: if he embraced the dark side, he would be healed. The betrayal of light was not an easy one for Kun, but the desire to live was stronger. He accepted the dark side, his screams reaching out across the galaxy and creating ripples in the Force

- The Essential Guide to Characters

Force Knowledge and Sith Sorcery

• Force Knowledge

Many people like to bring up that techniques considered advanced in the days of Sorzus Syn like necromancy were considered baseline and simple by the Clone Wars Era Sith. This is obvious, because Sith Alchemy and Sorcery were just being perfected in those days.

No Caption Provided

So of course the first generation of users of the magic saw things like necromancy being advanced, because they were the ones to pioneer them. And its not even like Exar Kun was among this generation, he was far above them, and over three thousand years removed

In fact, Darth Plagueis HIMSELF didn't seem to really understand how Kun's abilities worked and only knew about them through word of mouth.

If one accepted the tales handed down in accounts and holocrons, the_ancient_Sith had known how to accomplish this.
But sorcery had been employed less to extend life than to create illusions, fashion beasts, and resurrect the dead. Powerful adepts were said to have been able to saturate the atmosphere of planets with dark side energy, compel stars to explode, or induce paralysis in crowds, as Exar Kun apparently did to select members of the Republic Senate.

-Darth Plagueis

And funny enough he seems completely ignorant to the fact that Naga Sadow was able to extend his life to last hundreds of years, as did Marka Ragnos

And its not like these original Sith were weak either, seeing as a certain one of them was capable of holding his own with the likes of Darth Krayt and was considered by Vader strong enough to be his Master

Lets see what Exar Kun thought was novice level sorcery.

Enter Aleema and Satal Keto. Both also taught by Freedon Nadd. Both on about the same level, Satal was powerful enough to TP hundreds of fighter pilots to suicide, and Aleema was strong enough to project illusions powerful enough to send people into catatonic shock. She could do this on a mass level too, even without being empowered by Naga Sadow's ship. She could also blast people to skeletal husks, pre prime.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Yet Aleema was considered a pretender who had only learned the beginnings of Sith power by Exar Kun, who was in all circumstances described as vastly more powerful than her. She was only taught the basics by Freedon but Exar was taught everything.

No Caption Provided

Exar Kun had full knowledge of the Dark Holocron, containing over a hundred thousand years of force knowledge, outright called the most powerful Sith Holocron in the mythos

Locked within it's recesses, accessible only to a Dark Lord of the Sith, are the forgotten histories and lore, dating back a hundred thousand years and more.

- Tales of the Jedi

The most powerful Sith Holocron contained Sith teachings and histories that covered some hundred thousand years.

Credit: The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology

Exar Kun raided the Great Library on Ossus, stealing massive amounts of knowledge there too, and had more than he could ever use

Looking at all the precious artifacts his Massassi have stolen, Exar Kun knows he has more wealth and knowledge than he could ever use.

- Star Wars Omnibus: Tales of the Jedi Volume #2

Exar Kun also seems to have created a new style of dark side use based on a blend of esoteric Sith teachings from Nadd, and Jedi teachings, a flat out new style of force use which should say a lot about his sheer mastery

No Caption Provided

And to top it all off, Exar Kun was said to have a massive amount of force knowledge that was simply lost after his defeat and not recorded anywhere, which makes sense given that he seems to likely have invented many himself. It was implied that even Darth Vader wouldn't have the amount of Force Knowledge that Exar Kun possessed. So I ask you then? How the hell would Tenebrous? Vader would've had access to Sidious's vast repository of knowledge

No Caption Provided

Exar Kun was among the foremost masters of Sith Alchemy that has ever lived. He was even able to create warriors capable of using the Dark Side with a frankly unparalleled level of skill in the art.

The Sith disciple first altered Zythmnr physically, fusing the old priest's skin with metallic bioarmor and enhancing the Massassi's skeletal structure and musculature accordingly. Vicious claws became razored gauntlets, thick hide became hardened plating, and Zythmnr's head was encased in a shelled helmet. The process was excruciating for the Massassi. He not only survived, but also continued to worship Kun, willfully insisting the experiments continue.

Exar Kun was more than happy to comply. He took his next step: infusing his new warrior with the dark side using some of his own physical makeup as a template. When Zythmnr readily took to the treatment-and even showed potential with Force skills-Kun chose several more "volunteers" to continue his work. Before long, he had several dozen living weapons that exuded the raw power and energy of the dark side. Upon feeling their power firsthand, the Jedi called them "abominations." Kun would take many of these bestial servants on his quests for Sith knowledge. In a few cases, he even left a handful of his favorite warriors behind to terrorize any that might oppose him. While the Jedi believed that all of the Massassi abominations died with their people, there may yet be descendants of this hideous species stranded on some remote, forgotten world.

- The Dark Side Sourcebook

He created the technique to make Battle Hydra, a unique type of Sithspawn exclusive to him

The battle hydra is an example of Exar Kun's alchemical mastery and Naga Sadow's dark legacy. While no two are identical, each fits the same general description: a large, dragon-like reptile with broad, leathery wings over 2 meters across and a trailing, hook-tipped tail. Most battle hydras have a pair of heads mounted on sinewy necks. (Variations on this theme are common: Luke Skywalker's Jedi academy students reported encounters with a three-headed variety with no forelegs.) The monster also wields a long, leathery tail like a whip, sinking its poisonous tip into foes and prey alike. Four powerful legs tipped in hooked claws easily rip flesh from the hydra's victims. Battle hydras usually only attack with their claws after landing and beginning to feed.

In the four thousand years since Exar Kun's spirit was entombed in the very temples he fortified, the battle hydras regressed into typical predator behavior. A small population survived by lurking in mountain caves and emerging only to hunt. Despite their fearsome appearance, the creatures are actually quite shy and generally hunt alone, only attacking in numbers when commanded.

He was even able to even create a naturally occurring Sith alloy to their biology, making them all but impervious to lightsaber strikes, an unparalleled feat of Sith Alchemy

Kun introduced ancient Sith armor alloys into their basic physiology at the molecular level, reducing damage against attacks-even lightsaber attacks. They are also especially susceptible to manipulation through the Force. A trained dark side Force-sensitive may use the Affect Mind skill to command battle hydras in combat

• Sith Sorcery

So lets see what Exar Kun is capable of with Sorcery shall we?

Exar Kun was capable of paralyzing the entire galactic senate casually, as well as a large amount of Jedi who were present

No Caption Provided

As a spirit, Exar Kun was capable of casually incinerating Gantoris, stealing his energy

If you think that weapon will have any effect on me," Kun said, "perhaps you should ask your friend Gantoris — or have you forgotten what happened to him when he defied me?" A vision flashed through Streen's mind: Gantoris's crisped corpse incinerated from the Inside Out, his body turned to ash from the incredible fires of the dark side.

Exar Kun's force knowledge was capable of re-enforcing Kyp Durron's abilities massively.

“Exar Kun, help me,” Kyp said, closing his eyes.

He reached out with his mind, following the paths of the Force that led to every object in the universe, drawing power from the cosmic focal point of the Massassi temple. He searched, sending his thoughts like a probe deep into the storm systems of the gas giant. Behind him, Kyp felt the black-ice power of Exar Kun arise, tapping into him and reinforcing his abilities. His own feeble exploratory touch suddenly plunged forward like a blaster bolt.

- Jedi Academy Trilogy: Dark Apprentice

In fact, these forbidden sorcery techniques were so powerful that an around Darth Vader level threat using them was so mighty that NJO Luke (significantly stronger than Vader at this point) had no chance of prevailing against them. Nevermind Exar Kun who we have established is significantly more powerful than Kyp at his full power

Against the full might of Kyp Durron and the forbidden weapons of the long-dead spirit of Exar Kun, even a Jedi Master such as Luke Skywalker could not prevail.

Note it was his forbidden weapons that gave Kyp the edge.

Now lets see some of these powers.

Kyp made a dismissive gesture with one hand, and a sudden wave of dark ripples splashed across the air like the shock front from a concussion grenade. Luke stumbled backward. The lightsaber turned cold in his hand. Frost crystals grew in feathery patterns around the handle. At the core of the brilliant green blade a shadow appeared, a black disease rotting away the purity of the beam. The humming blade sputtered, sounding like a sickly cough. The black taint rapidly grew stronger, swallowing up the green beam. With a fizzle of sparks Luke's lightsaber died."

- Jedi Academy: Dark Apprentice

Although this was Kyp using it here, Exar certainly taught it to him and used what seemed to be the exact same technique on Luke Skywalker later on

The ancient Dark Lord of the Sith lashed out with waves of blackness, driving long icicles of frozen poison into Luke's body. He thrashed, but felt helpless

-Jedi Academy: Dark Apprentice

The infamous Dark Tendrils technique was also in the roster of Exar Kun, who was capable of using it as a spirit against Luke Skywalker, to great effect. This technique was noted to be exceptionally powerful and difficult to conjure even for skilled Sith Sorcerers, yet Kun did it at a fraction of his power.

Dark tendrils rose up from the gaps in the temple flagstones, fanged, illusionary vipers that struck at him from all sides.

The black serpent-like tentacles of evil force struck at him again and again, filling his body with a pain like lava coursing through his veins. As he screamed, his voice was swallowed by a hurricane from the dark side. Luke cried out one last time and crumpled backward to the blessedly cool flagstones of the Great Massassi Temple, as everything turned a smothering, final black around him…

Exar Kun was able to channel this power though Kyp Durron

Kyp stretched out both hands and blasted Luke with lightning bolts like black cracks in the Force.

- Jedi Academy Trilogy: Dark Apprentice (Credit to AncientPower)

Exar Kun was able to sunder Luke's spirit from his body and place him in sort of a dark side coma, through Kyp. Its clear that it was Kun's spirit actively maintaining this link

With a wheezing cough as he expelled long-trapped air from his lungs and drew in a fresh breath, Master Skywalker groaned and sat up on the stone platform.

"You've-done it!" Luke said, gaining strength from each lungful of cool, clean air. The new Jedi Knights surged toward him. "You have broken the bonds."

Exar Kun was capable of using portent illusions while a spirit.

First, on Luke Skwalker

Luke swallowed. “I’m afraid to believe you, Father. I have already felt the power of the dark side.” Below the Massassi labor crews hummed and sang in stuporous unison, far beyond exhaustion, as they hauled an enormous block up a mud-covered ramp made of stripped logs.

Atop the dream temple, the wavering image of Anakin Skywalker spoke more forcefully. “Yes, but the ways of the Sith can lead you to a stronger grasp of your own power. You can wipe out the last vestiges of the pitiful Empire that continues to harass your New Republic. You can become more than a mere servant to a frail and corrupted government. You can administer the galaxy yourself as a benevolent ruler. You deserve it more than any other person, Luke. You can control everything, if you use the Force as your tool, instead of allowing yourself to become its servant.”

Luke stiffened, unable to believe what his father was saying. Then he noticed that with the rising passion in his voice, the image of Anakin Skywalker became less distinct, wavering until it transformed into only a black outline, an engulfing hooded form that sucked energy from the air. Slowly, Luke realized the truth. “You are not my father!” he shouted as the illusion began to crumble. “My father was a good man in the end, healed by the light side.”

Streaks of brilliant light flashed across the dreamscape sky of ancient Yavin 4. Below, Massassi slaves fled into the jungles in terror as the monumental temples crumbled under a barrage of laser blasts from orbit. Old Republic battleships had arrived, immolating the moon’s surface.

“Who are you?” Luke shouted at the figure through the roar of sudden blazing devastation around him. “Who?”

Instead, the hollow shadow laughed and laughed, ignoring the destruction that erupted from the construction sites—or amused by it. The Massassi temples exploded. The thick rain forests burst into flame. The dark man’s silhouette grew larger and larger, swallowing up the sky. Luke backed away from it, but his dream feet reached the edge of the imposing temple, and he stumbled backward, falling away, falling…

-Taken from Jedi Academy: Dark Apprentice

Then on Gantoris. Keep in mind these aren't the only instances, Kun was very, very fond of using portent illusions in the Jedi Academy books so I am not going to post them all

The dark man laughed again. “Serentity? Let me show you what is happening at this moment. Do you recall the people you saved from Eol Sha? How happy you were o learn they had been taken to a place of safety, a paradise world? Observe.”

Inside the black cut-out form of the hooded man, an image appeared, displaying the grasslands of the planet Dantooine. The scene looked familiar to Gantoris after seeing the progress tapes delivered by Wedge Antilles. But now he saw Imperial lasers striking down, leveling the colony buildings, giant armored walkers striding across the savanna, blasting anything that moved, igniting the temporary living units. People ran screaming. His people. Gantoris recognized most of their faces, but before he could name them, they dissolved one by one in brilliant flashes as they tried to flee. The trees blazed in conical bonfires; black clumpy smoke rose in jagged swirls.

“You lie! This is a trick!”

“I have no need of lies when the truth is so devastating. You can do nothing to stop it. Do you enjoy watching your people die? Does that not spark your anger? In your anger lies strength.”

Gantoris saw the old man Warton, whom he had known his entire life, standing in the middle of the holocaust. Warton stared around him, hands dangling at his sides, frozen in shock, until a thick green bolt cut him down.

“No!” Gantoris shouted.

“Let loose your anger. Make me stronger.”

“No!” he repeated, turning his head away from the images of burned ruins and blackened bodies.

“They are all dead. All of them,” the dark man taunted. “No survivors.”

Gantoris ignited his lightsaber and lunged at the dark man.

-Taken from Dark Apprentice

Finally, with channelling his powers through Streen, was able to summon a massive tornado

Leia knew that even powerful Jedi could not manipulate large-scale phenomena like the weather; but they could move objects, and she realized that was what Streen did now. Not changing the weather, but simply moving the air, drawing it in from all directions, creating a self-contained but destructive tornado that struck toward Luke's body._

"No!" she shouted into the starving wind. "Streen!"

The cyclone struck Luke, buffeted his body, and lifted it into the air. Leia ran toward her paralyzed brother, feet barely touching the ground as the powerful winds knocked her sideways. The storm wrenched her off balance, and she found herself thrown through the air, flying like an insect toward the stone walls. She spun around and reached out, calming herself enough to use her own abilities with the Force, to nudge her body away.

Instead of being crushed against the stone blocks, she slid softly to the floor. Luke's body continued rising, tugged upward by the hurricane.

Leia suddenly knew what Streen intended to do to them, whether consciously or unconsciously. They would be sucked out of the Great Temple, tossed high into the sky, and then allowed to crash thousands of feet to the spear-pointed branches of the jungle canopy.

The turbolift door opened. Kirana Ti charged out, followed by Tionne and Kam Solusar. She tackled Streen to the flagstoned floor and locked his arms behind his back. Streen cried out, then blinked his eyes open. He looked wildly around in confusion. Instantly the wind stopped blowing. The air fell still.

- Jedi Academy Trilogy: Champions of the Force

• Sith Amulet

Using force blast with his Sith Amulet, Exar Kun can pretty casually oneshot Aleema during his confrontation with Ulic, incapacitating her

No Caption Provided

His force blasts at full power are extremely formidable, capable of oneshotting a massive Sith Leviathan, which are extremely massive and extremely durable creatures, capable of entirely no selling most conventional weaponry short of a turbolaser, and he was also blowing huge chunks in the Sith Temple and disintegrating Massassi to ash. This was again, massively pre prime and with self admitted poor control of the amulet

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This amulet greatly enhanced the power of Kun's Rage. Keep in mind, Exar Kun was not actively drawing on the temple nexus. Such a was never once mentioned. It was specifically the amulet amping his force power

• Telepathy

Exar Kun is capable of using the force to sense Dark Side practitioners and their location all across the galaxy, homing in on Ulic and Aleema

Ulic unleashes a force of unruly fury at the death of Master Arca, avenging the death by defeating Keto, and taking the Krath throne by the side of Aleema. Meanwhile on Yavin 4, a more powerful EXAR KUN rests in his meditation chamber, reaching out across the galaxy and detecting other Sith practitioners with his psychic tendrils.

Exar Kun scans the entire planet of Cinnagar and then dominates every scanning technician in the city (and presumably everybody in the immediate vicinity as well) , blanking their minds to the presence of him and his ship, and what they were doing.

"No one will help you, no one even knows."

"But your ship! Energy blasts! Scanners!"

"All went unnoticed, my unfortunate friend. With the dark side I blinded every scanning technician in Cinnagar. They all watched me land and wipe out your little docking bay, and not one of them batted an eye!"

"Who.. are you?"

"I? Soon, I shall be the man who conquered this planet, the man who rules the galaxy. But for this moment, I am the man who murdered you."

- Tales of the Jedi Omnibus Vol 2

This is highly impressive, as the population of Cinnagar is utterly massive, and covers half the surface of the Empress Teta System

Population: 310,000,000,000

-Force and Destiny: Nexus of Power

Physical Abilities

Exar Kun is an absolute monster physically.

First, the force of his blade was enough to cause echoes for kilometers

No Caption Provided

His physical strength was so great that he could smash through incredibly thick walls of mandalorian iron

No Caption Provided

He was able to smash through his masters staff with his lightsaber. This staff was said to be more resistant than the average lightsaber, yet this was still pre-prime Kun

No Caption Provided

Ulic Quel Droma, whom Exar Kun stalemated in a physical contest pre-prime, took three Jedi to hold him down. This might not seem too impressive, but the middle one is clearly Qrrrl Toq, who was able to casually hold five grown men to a wall with one hand.

No Caption Provided

Exar Kun also has to be at LEAST as fast as Ulic, who pre-prime was fast enough to do this when confronted with five Naddist's and Warb Null

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In the next panel, no soldiers alive. So let me explain what happened here. The two flashes of green in the middle of the circle of Ulic's blade are the two missing naddist soldiers. Ulic tore through five soldiers faster than they could hit the ground or Warb Null could swing his sword. The Naddists were a Sith Cult, so these soldiers were probably force sensitive in some way shape or form

Defenses

• Physical Defences

Exar Kun survived thousands of tonnes of rubble collapsing in on him, and it didn't even KO him although it did severely injure him. After accepting the Dark Side, he was able to heal from it. Ulic, Kun's inferior, also displayed the ability to heal from wounds at a rapid pace.

What kind of healing can come from the Dark Side of the Force? Exar Kun's fractured bones knit, and strength returns... but nothing is as it was before!

At that moment on Deneba, as master Arca addresses the Jedi Assembly he stops in mid-speech--

- Tales of the Jedi

Kun also tanked a slash from Sylvar, which although it shattered his helmet completely only scratched him. Sylvar is very capable of oneshotting Masassi Warriors and cutting through their staves with her claws, you know the same enhanced warriors with sith metals fused to them genetically?

No Caption Provided

Exar Kun also utilized cortosis weave armour as per the RPG and KOTOR, likely granting him greatly improved protection against lightsaber strikes, and also would likely short out the lightsaber of whomever decides to smack him with a lightsaber

• Force Defenses

Ulic, the noted inferior of Exar Kun, was able to use barrier to completely nullify the blasts of Mandalorian Basilisk, which are some of the most powerful droids ever built and could damage the hulls of starships

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Exar Kun was able to resist supposedly "the most devastating attack possible using the powers of the light side" Sever Force, from a master of said ability and the one who taught it to Nomi Sunstrider. This was a Jedi with over one thousand years of experence using said ability, yet Kun just got up after this attack and just one shotted him.

No Caption Provided

He was able to completely no sell blasts of energy from Aleema, and I already went over how powerful those are

No Caption Provided

Exar Kun was able to survive the Wall of Light, a power summoned by thousands and thousands of jedi, although it stripped him of much of his power and confined him to the nexus to survive. In fact it was implied that combining their power in such a way was the ONLY way the Jedi could have defeated him because his power was that enormous

No Caption Provided

"Though Kun had enormous power, it seems that the key" — Tionne tapped the side of her instrument with a glistening fingernail — "the key was that the other Jedi combined their might. They fought together as a unit where all the pieces fit together, as components in a much larger machine powered by the Force."

Lightsaber Ability

• Saber Style

Exar Kun was known for his use of his unique variant of niman and a saberstaff.

Lets start with Darth Maul's assessment of saberstaff wielders. Not how Exar Kun was considered "Legendary" by Darth Maul

"Maul raised his own weapon, the double-bladed lightsaber, and triggered the power control. Twin lances of pure energy boiled forth, hissing and crack-ling in crimson loops that began and ended at the two flux apertures on either end of the device. Any Jedi Knight could wield a single-bladed lightsaber; only a master fighter could use the weapon first designed by the legendary Dark Lord Exar Kun millennia ago. Unless one was in perfect Attunement with it, the weapon could be as deadly to the user as to the opponent."
- Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter

Exar Kun had an incredibly unique lightsaber style and his saber was specially constructed to enable this type of fighting. His lightsaber was also a one handed blade, compared to most saberstaffs which are two handed

Some unique objects are invariably associated with their remarkable owners. The unusual double-bladed lightsaber of the fallen Jedi Exar Kun is one such artifact. This weapon as distinctive and dangerous as its builder, the Dark Lord of the Sith, who initiated the great Sith War and nearly toppled the Old Republic.

[...]

As the battle against the Jedi escalated, Kun altered his normal lightsaber into a more deadly and dangerous weapon. Kun added a second emitter matrix on the opposite end of the handgrip, allowing him to release two blue-white blades simultaneously. The dark Jedi wielded the saber much as he would a quarterstaff, using one blade to block incoming attacks, then quickly spinning the handgrip to use the second blade to strike a killing blow against his opponent.

Customized controls allowed him to adjust each blade's length from half a meter to one and a half meters. Panels controlled each blade's intensity: at its highest setting, a blade was like any other lightsaber, with the ability to cut through dense materials such as armor plating and durasteel with virtually no resistance. At the lowest power setting, a blade became a simple shaft of light, delivering no damage and providing no resistance against incoming lightsaber attacks. By abruptly shortening a blade or dropping it to the lowest power setting, Kun tricked his opponents into overextending themselves during attacks, giving him an opportunity for a dealy counterstrike. By coupling these tactics with his Force abilities to predict the actions of his opponents, Kun became virtually unstoppable in combat.

- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology

This is remarkably different than the style of Banite Sith, described here

No Caption Provided

Its very likely that a Banite Sith or Modern Jedi has even faced a style that remotely resembles that of Exar Kun, in practice or otherwise, although he may have heard about it through offhand experence

• Accolades and Feats

Jedi Blademaster Vodo didn't stand a chance against Exar Kun using a double bladed lightsaber

In the process he once more faced his former master, Vodo Siosk Baas, this time armed with a double-bladed lightsaber of his own construction. Master Vodo did not have a chance, and fell to his former student.

Exar Kun, pre prime, was able to stalemate Ulic Quel-Droma in all aspects of the word.

While Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma battled, spirits of ancient Sith Lords observed the contest. The Sith spirits saw that the battle would ultimately end with both men dead; therefore, it would be of no use to the Sith if the fight continued. They immediately stopped the battle and declared that Kun and Qel-Droma would be the new Dark Lords of the Sith.

- Power of the Jedi Sourcebook

Ulic at that time was compared to Luke Skywalker in lightsaber skill by the authors themselves

"Ulic is a prefiguration of Luke Skywalker. He's rash and impulsive, an excellent swordsman. He acts before he thinks and has an angry streak. It was very difficult working out the story of his turning to the dark side, because we had to do it in very few pages."

- Tom Veitch, Co-Author of Tales of the Jedi

Also while Ulic was completely depowered and severed from the force, preventing him access to his monstrous strength and speed and everything else that force sensitivity imparts, he was so skilled that he could contend with Jedi Knight Sylvar, who herself was able to briefly contend with Exar himself during the early days

Sylvar, the ferocious Cathar Jedi, has gone into isolation herself, directing all her anger and energy toward thoughts of revenge aimed at Ulic.

- Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi: Redemption #4 Solicitation

Exar Kun beat his master Vodo in a sparring match using Jar-Kai before he was even a Sith. He was able to overcome a Jedi Master dedicated to lightsaber combat vastly pre-prime. This was when he was a PADAWAN

No Caption Provided

Why Exar Kun Dominates

I will now present my primary arguments argument based on the feats and statements posted here

1. Exar Kun is a physical monster. Teneborus has never displayed physical strength remotely comparable to anything that Kun has shown, period. Between contending with and indeed matching Ulic, having his blows shockwaves echo for miles and smashing through what looks to be over a meter of Mandalorian Iron, there is no reason why the sheer force of Kun's blows shouldn't at the bare minimum stagger Teneb with every swing
  2. Teneborus has no answer to Exar Kun's sorcery. As blatantly seen by the lack of knowledge that Plagueis himself possessed of Kun's abilities, and indeed sorcery in general and statements that Kun's fundamentally unique knowledge were mostly lost upon his death, the modern Sith simply do not retain knowledge of these abilities. Lack of knowledge of these sorcerous powers has proven disastrous in every encounter where Kun has used sorcery, including very powerful beings that could contend with Tenebrous's superiors, such as in his encounter with NJO Luke
  3. Kun's feats of raw power are simply better than those of Tenebrous. His telekinesis, his telepathy and force defence feats are simply superior to any known feat that Tenebrous possesses, for example Kun's Corsair feat is much superior to Teneborus's Rock Slab feat, and Teneb simply has no TP feats to compare to any of Kun's
  4. Kun's scaling is just.....better. From being locked above everybody Mara Jade has encountered except Palpatine himself, to being superior to a being that would have required all the strength of Luke's Jedi Order to defeat, to multiple times being considered along with Sheev as the strongest dark side threat Luke has ever faced, Exar Kun is clearly intended to be a top tier threat in the Star Wars mythos. Teneborus was just a stepping stone on the Banite rise to power
anti-bully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good luck @decaf_wizard do the Brotherhood proud.

lol you gay nigger, this is gay.

Avatar image for in-sidiousvader
In-sidiousvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By In-sidiousvader

@decaf_wizard: just concede. No matter what masterful case you weave Elm will win, to put this in words you would understand...

Elm is not like other leaders of the star wars debating guild. Ant is treacherous and venal, but he's a Rechanchiste: venality and treachery are expected, and in the field of debating they're even virtues. Azronger is Archduke of the church of sheev, where the war began: he is analytical and pitiless, but also pragmatic. Reasonable. The debating heart of the Star wars fandom, ILS, is known for his integrity, his principled stand against what he sees as corruption in the forums. Though they believe he's wrong, many respect him for the courage of his mistaken convictions.

These are hard beings. Dangerous beings. Ruthless and aggressive.

Ellmist, though―Ellmist is a monster.

The Supreme Commander of the luke brigade is an abomination of nature, a fusion of PT and NJO-and his NJO parts have less wank than what remains of his PT favoritism. This half-living creature is a slaughterer of billions. Whole websites have burned at his command. He is the evil genius of the Debating guild. The architect of their victories.

The author of their atrocities.

―Revenge of the Ellmist

anti-bully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in-sidious-n-word

DarthAnt66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: Your introduction post has to be 10,000 characters. Currently, it is 18,000 characters. You have to either remove 8,000 characters or redo the post.

decaf_wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: Your introduction post has to be 10,000 characters. Currently, it is 18,000 characters. You have to either remove 8,000 characters or redo the post.

Oh hush you, I edited it

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As soon as Ell makes his second post, the debate will be discontinued

Personal experience tells me this

(Just kidding, really interested to see where this goes. T4V)

Meatpants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xolthol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anti-bully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By anti-bully

@xolthol: this really encouragement comment thanked you.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have deduced that TAEP stands for "tag after each post," so TAEP.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pity Elm having to go through that wall of text with no arguments, just feat after feat lol.

decaf_wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dc77: I am a true dark lord of the sith, cruel and powerful both

DC77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark-sith123: Nah, it'll be as soon as Elm makes his first post but not because of the reasons he quit your CAV. It'll be because Elm's post is so good that he'll be forced to concede before the real debating begins.

We call it:

An ragdoll timing.

RedHeathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RedHeathen

My prediction for this CAV: Elm takes it all.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

TAEP

KeenCraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By KeenCraft

@redheathen:Pause

I'm Chris Hansen why don't you all take a seat over here

Edit: you made this post meaningless with a single effortless edit

decaf_wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought I would post here because you guys are too busy talking (lying) about intimacy with 15 yo girls on discord.

My prediction for this CAV: Elm takes it all.

Red, y so little faith in me

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought I would post here because you guys are too busy talking (lying) about intimacy with 15 yo girls on discord.

lmfao

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RedHeathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: lmao, i deleted that but you were still able to capture it for all posterity.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1a45e3e76be
deactivated-5d1a45e3e76be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting opener, I liked it. However, I think you should have saved some feats for the other posts, but that’s just my opinion. Also, TAEP

RedHeathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redheathen:Pause

I'm Chris Hansen why don't you all take a seat over here

Edit: you made this post meaningless with a single effortless edit

oh my goodness. i did. didn't i? sorry, buddy.

ExarKunLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No contest, in my opinion. It's basically a featless Sith vs the most powerful Sith in history!