The Trenchcoat Brigade VS Marvel Magic

BleachHub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll: The Trenchcoat Brigade VS Marvel Magic (5 votes)

Trenchcoat Brigade 20%
Marvel abstracts 80%

Trenchcoat Brigade

No Caption Provided

V.S

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Dr. Strange, Scarlet Witch, & Shuma-Gorath

Rules

• Standard Battle Assumptions
  • Marvel team is composite (meaning all feats from all versions from all media)
  • Trenchcoats have all of their feats (New-52, Post-Crisis, & Rebirth)
  • All are in character
  • Fight takes place on an empty Earth
 • 
AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only person in the Trenchcoat Brigade who is impressive, as far as I know, if the Phantom Stranger. I can't see him matching someone like Shuma-Gorath, if he can even stand up to Wanda or Strange.

BleachHub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BleachHub

I meant "Marvel Magic" not "Marvel Abstracts" for the poll lol

Andromeda101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq said:

The only person in the Trenchcoat Brigade who is impressive, as far as I know, if the Phantom Stranger. I can't see him matching someone like Shuma-Gorath, if he can even stand up to Wanda or Strange.

Based on this?

Trenchcoats have all of their feats (New-52, Post-Crisis, & Rebirth)

He can.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda101: What level would he be on with all of his feats?

I heard years ago that PS was one of those characters that people assumed was really powerful due to their mystery but in terms of feats wasn't that good. I kinda had him placed at low end cosmic.

Andromeda101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Andromeda101

@alphaq: Apparently Phantom Strangre has matched the Spectre in a battle that would threaten all creation and has even survived being inside an omniversal nexus together with Trigon's sons, in the New 52 at least. He sure seems more than enough to match Shuma with those showings.

Other members like Constantine himself are far from being dead weights either if we're talking about composite versions. He once hielded Fate's helmet, Shazam's magic and etc.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@andromeda101: @alphaq lol Stranger sucks, the Spectre battle has a ton of context in that the Presence essentially designed the positions of Stranger and Spectre in such a way that one is physically incapable of killing the other. Both draw off the power of Presence to do their thing, therefore both need to exist at the same time to maintain balance. They only did so much damage because of this.

Outside of the Spectre fight, Stranger is terrible, 99% of all of his feats are him doing stuff way below his supposed standards and not having a easy time even doing that, as well as a few statements here and there. He's also easily able to be ambushed or taken unawares from individuals who know how to use magic effectively- Wotan going behind his and Spectre's almost apparently omnipotent backs and doing stuff without them knowing is proof of this.

In short, he's pretty pants.

BleachHub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BleachHub
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleachhub: Pretty sure Constantine can extend the prep to a ungodly amount of time due to his dimensional locations

BleachHub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BleachHub

@professorrespect: That's allowed if you want to argue it, im just clarifying that the trenchcoats get prep before the fight begins

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@bleachhub: Ye but you don't think near infinite prep time is a fair tactical situation tho, I would imagine

BleachHub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: not really i guess. I'll limit it to where he cannot use the house of mystery for prep, but can for every other purpose. He's only allowed the 5 i gave the rest of the team.

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
MyLittleFascist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@alphaq: Apparently Phantom Strangre has matched the Spectre in a battle that would threaten all creation and has even survived being inside an omniversal nexus together with Trigon's sons, in the New 52 at least. He sure seems more than enough to match Shuma with those showings.

That always seemed more conceptual than a durability thing. Doesn't Baron Mordo have similar feats as well?

Andromeda101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Andromeda101

@professorrespect said:

lol Stranger sucks, the Spectre battle has a ton of context in that the Presence essentially designed the positions of Stranger and Spectre in such a way that one is physically incapable of killing the other. Both draw off the power of Presence to do their thing, therefore both need to exist at the same time to maintain balance. They only did so much damage because of this.

Outside of the Spectre fight, Stranger is terrible, 99% of all of his feats are him doing stuff way below his supposed standards and not having a easy time even doing that, as well as a few statements here and there. He's also easily able to be ambushed or taken unawares from individuals who know how to use magic effectively- Wotan going behind his and Spectre's almost apparently omnipotent backs and doing stuff without them knowing is proof of this.

In short, he's pretty pants.

Are you sure of this? I'm not into DC or Phantom Stranger's other showings, but this all seems a bit of stretch. Even if they draw power from the same entity or unable to kill each other, why couldn't the Spectre at least incapacitate Stranger regardless? And if they're truly incapable of killing each other, then why would be the balance even be threatened by their battle?

@mylittlefascist said:
@andromeda101 said:

: Apparently Phantom Strangre has matched the Spectre in a battle that would threaten all creation and has even survived being inside an omniversal nexus together with Trigon's sons, in the New 52 at least. He sure seems more than enough to match Shuma with those showings.

That always seemed more conceptual than a durability thing. Doesn't Baron Mordo have similar feats as well?

Mordo was simply bathed by the energies of dimensions in a focal point from their nexus, while with Stranger, Belial seems to have described the universes as actually physically colliding around and through them.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda101: Nah Spectre and Stranger are literally incapable of killing each other. Their battle was just them bouncing off energy that both of them feed on anyway

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Soratoumiga

Phantom Stranger can match everyone on Team Marvel, individually, but not combined. Team Marvel wins.

Edit: @professorrespect didn't even read Stranger's New 52 storyline, guy is unreliable on this subject

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@andromeda101:

And if they're truly incapable of killing each other, then why would be the balance even be threatened by their battle?

Because they're so powerful their clash would really end the creation or at least somehow distabilize the cosmic balance (unsure what Creation exactly, is it the entire Multiverse or just a portion of it, but it's still above Universal level of power). Respect guy is just making excuses cuz he doesn't like the character, but Phantom Stranger has impressive feats outside the Spectre fight in New 52, which he seems to take as his only credible feat.