The Final Showdown:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Stipulations:

• Mo and Kirei are currently conversing
  • Anne is currently speaking with the Local Child
  • Godwine has snuck to the edge of the property
  • Lycaon and Iriana are both still unconscious
  • Canute, Elligatia, Will, and Robin are shunted out at the nearest reflection in the area

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What Choice Will You Make?

No Caption Provided

"For better or worse you've arrived here at this pivotal moment, or perhaps you were here all along. Regardless, what choice will you make now? The Grail lies before you, and by my math is about to be filled."

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sy8000  Online

The Last

No Caption Provided

The situation was almost exactly what Canute had sought. The grail is ready to be filled to completion. Archer and himself are on the grounds of the church, ready to claim it.

Except

He's here too.

Canute slowly moves closer to the church. But stops short of Moriarty.

"You ignored it for so long I half wondered if you'd abandoned the Holy Grail, and decided to achieve your wish on your own."

"But, well, here you are. Are you going to seize it?"

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Lonely Place for Dying

No Caption Provided

Reluctant to pry his eyes away from Antonio, he nevertheless can't help but sense the presence of his prize nearing. His eyes, emotionless, begin to move first to Canute and Elligatia, then to Moriarty and the unconscious Lycaon, his expression unchanging as he does so. He spends a few seconds on each face before allowing himself to fall to the ground, picking apart pieces of his armour and placing them on Antonio's upper body.

"But, well, here you are. Are you going to seize it?"

Robin grimaces visibly at Canute's implication, putting a piece of metal in his ears.

"Honestly, do either of you even care?"

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sy8000  Online

@maestromage:

No Caption Provided

"Honestly, do either of you even care?"

"I do. And certainly, so do you."

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000:

No Caption Provided

"I do."

"Is that so? You could have fooled me."

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sy8000  Online

@maestromage:

No Caption Provided

"Is that so? You could have fooled me."

"I didn't enter the battle for battle's sake. Surely you know me well enough to realize that."

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8 darthjhawk  Moderator

The Game‘s End I:

No Caption Provided

“So it has come to this…”

The Professor sighs. Leaving his friend and partner behind was the last thing he wanted to do. But it was his last will, his last request. He thought of the last words Moran left him.

“You know, ever since you brought us here, something’s been off. And I didn’t put it together until just now. William, you have no idea what the world is gonna look like do you? You never knew, and you never cared. What a riot. If only he could see you now, he’d never be able to beat you. I know you don’t want the grail, you never did. But maybe… just maybe… you can…”

”With this final command, I order you, Lycaon, King of Arcadia to leave the world of dreams and awaken from your slumber. And then, I want you to watch… witness the end of this battle of dreams. And then use the grail I grant you to create your ideal future.“

As the light of his command seal shines, the professor acknowledges his fellow ”humans“ once more.

“My friends, against all odds you have outlasted and outmaneuvered the very gods. I applaud you for your efforts. No matter the outcome they shall be in vain.“

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sy8000  Online
No Caption Provided

“Not in vain at all. On that I agree. I will carry these memories to the Throne of Heroes. I think the Heroic Spirit King Canute will learn something from them.”

“Now,”

He glances towards the assembled overseers.

“Are you here in your roles as overseer, or has that been abandoned?”

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And The Sky Opens Up:

No Caption Provided

Several things happen all at once, so close together it is impossible to determine which came first.

The sky splits open, seventy layers shattering instantly with the last three holding on by a thread

The inert form of the young girl lets loose an earpiercing scream and begins to thrash uncontrollably

A red bolt of pure energy leaps out of the girls body and tears upwards into the sky

The young boy leaps backward dragging Anne with him

The sunny day disappears and the sky is replaced with a murky, endless blackness

The ground and void seem to wish to pull themselves apart but are kept in place by the twisting and thrashing red vine. At the bottom the red string is stuck in the impossibly contradictory states of both firmly attached and wildly rippling.

"It's... beautiful" The child whispers, staring upwards.

"It's different." Mo notes as she helps Anne to her feet.

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks Like I'm All Out:

No Caption Provided

“Are you here in your roles as overseer, or has that been abandoned?”

"If you're asking us to fix this thing, then the obvious solution is that there's too many of you alive. And it sounds like you're volunteering to help reduce that number."

She levels her golden pistol at you as her tattoos begin to writhe across her skin and gather on her right arm.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sy8000  Online
No Caption Provided

“Oh, certainly. This mess is my fault. I was incompetent and let him go unchecked. I’ll gladly die to fix it.”

“But tell me, what would you do after that?”

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of Fucks To Give:

No Caption Provided

"Leave. I have other work and have no interest being around for whatever wish the idiot who ends up winning makes."

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

End Times

No Caption Provided

“My friends, against all odds you have outlasted and outmaneuvered the very gods. I applaud you for your efforts. No matter the outcome they shall be in vain.“

“Not in vain at all. On that I agree. I will carry these memories to the Throne of Heroes. I think the Heroic Spirit King Canute will learn something from them.”

"It's different."Mo notes as she helps Anne to her feet.

He frowns.

"If you're asking us to fix this thing, then the obvious solution is that there's too many of you alive. And it sounds like you're volunteering to help reduce that number."

She levels her golden pistol at you as her tattoos begin to writhe across her skin and gather on her right arm.

Robin looks up from what he's doing and pauses, eyeing Mo curiously.

“Oh, certainly. This mess is my fault. I was incompetent and let him go unchecked. I’ll gladly die to fix it.”

Robin shrugs in assent.

"Sounds like he's volunteering to me."

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sy8000  Online
No Caption Provided

"Leave. I have other work and have no interest being around for whatever wish the idiot who ends up winning makes."

"Are you sure your work will have any meaning if he succeeds?"

"I wasn't expecting you to have much interest, but then why haven't you left already?"

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You'd Best Remember My Name:

No Caption Provided

"Because I have people here worth staying for. And my work doesn't need to matter as long as I get paid. Now, I suppose I should fulfill my role since you've asked so nicely."

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sy8000  Online
No Caption Provided

"Heh."

"Well then, Professor, Robin, Master. Shall we get started?"

"Or rather, shall we finally finish?"

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death, Delight, Desire

No Caption Provided

Robin looked up at the darkened sky and sighed.

There's no time.

"Because I have people here worth staying for. And my work doesn't need to matter as long as I get paid. Now, I suppose I should fulfill my role since you've asked so nicely."

Somewhat reluctant, he took the bits and pieces he had been fiddling with and replaced them back into his armour, before going to an item at his belt and pressing something on it.

"Well then, Professor, Robin, Master. Shall we get started?"

"Or rather, shall we finally finish?"

He stood up, briefly stretching his limbs and fingers.

"Yes, I am quite finished. I must say, you all really are either too trusting or too foolish. Though... perhaps it is I who am the fool... Perhaps." He cocked his head as if in thought, then shook it in response. With that, he raises a fist and takes his first step-

Backwards. And in doing so appears to vanish entirely, fading into a flourish of evergreen that sprung up in his wake, which quickly surged forth and enveloped the entire area.

Sherwood Forest Blooms Anew

Yet, even in this space, the sky remains of endless night. Here, at least, we may look upon the stars.

No Caption Provided

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mo Xiulin:

No Caption Provided

"Servants with nothing to lose and The Church. Such an annoying combination."

She closes her eyes and begins to breath deeply as her tattoos continue to writhe more and more violently. Finally the largest one bursts off of her skin and thrashes freely in the air. Soon it's joined by the others as Mo's entire right arm is covered in countless thrashing black tentacles. She lets out a scream in some unknown language as the crimson wings on her back beat with steady thumps. The image of a black fingernail appears above her right arm, seemingly on the verge of collapse. Moving her arm she forces the fingernail in front of her and Anne, acting as a shield, golden gun still brandished in her other hand.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 darthjhawk  Moderator

Game's End II:

No Caption Provided

"It seems we shall begin indeed," Moriarty says as he raises his arms. His magical energy gathers and focuses the sky's light inside Sherwood Forest in preparation to unleash heaven's rage. Coaelscened into the focused beams is the deadly miasma primed to consume body and soul alike . At the same time, in a parallel process, Moriarty engages his barrier once more. The convex lenses spread and gather all around the combatants. And within the fractions between seconds, Moriarty has prepared a dual offensive and defensive. Ready to strike at a moment's notice.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 darthjhawk  Moderator

Stalking Predator:

No Caption Provided

Blending into the night forest, The King of Arcadia follows his command and merges into the air itself. His form changed into one familiar. A figure of myth and legend...

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Curtain Call

Noble Phantasm. Every Servant's trump card. In a grail war, allowing a Noble Phantasm to be observed by the same opponent multiple times can be a great risk. If not known, they can be an easy means by which to determine a servant's true name, and even if known they can further clue your enemies into your weaknesses and vulnerabilities. It's for this reason alongside their considerable might that a Noble Phantasm is to be considered a last resort, or at the very least something only to be used when one is certain it will conclude the fight. Robin Hood possesses two Noble Phantasms, as most here would be aware, but only one bears the honour of being considered a "trump card". His illustrious home, Sherwood Forest. Yet, all the servants present here have been a witness to this Phantasm before, however briefly, up on the isle. To the Overseers and their assistants, it would be a magnificent but not unexpected sight, reality marbles are hardly unheard of, especially not for one who has survived a grail war in past as Ms Xiulin has. Yet, for the Kings of old and the Napoleon of Crime, they understand; something is wrong here.

A Noble Phantasm may naturally be applied in a variety of ways no doubt, as Canute himself has surely demonstrated, but at a glance, it is clear that is not what has happened here. The forest feels... alive, sentient almost, and assuredly unfriendly. Where before it possessed the nostalgic feeling of returning to an old home, now the feeling that emanated from the sky-high trees and the dim starlit sky was impossibly overwhelming, tugging at the soul itself as though it wished to consume and envelop all foreign beings who stood within its borders. In front of all Servants who enter appears Antonio's dismembered body, bloody and shattered, and unexpectedly, you feel a small pang of sadness as you see it. Moments after entering you hear Robin's voice, though it sounds disparate and appears to echo from all about.

"Do not mourn, my Merry Men. Join me!"

I'll try and make this quick. Robin made four things when he was sitting next to Antonio's corpse. One is unimportant and likely won't matter for now. The second is an update to his suit to make it invisible. Notably, it will adjust its invisibility to match whatever is being used to detect it and utilise sound mimicry so that it blends in with the background and is effectively inaudible. This is a second copy of something he has made previously and will be specifically tuned to account for the various measures of detection present here, from magical energy detection to spatial scanning- the works.

The last is what's responsible for the change to the forest, but before that- the item that Robin activated before using his NP was something he made a while back for Saber, a spatial barrier generator to block teleportation into or out of a specific area. This was adjusted especially with Canute and Moriarty in mind, and though he hasn't seen the latter teleport he's at least seen some dimensional shenanigans from him. Canute though, he's seen and experienced moving to and from the mirror dimension at least a half dozen times. On top of this, Robin has been observing everyone here with his evolution magic visor, which lets him analyse all the "information" he sees, to the point where even a second-hand user can derive full ability names and details, down to restrictions and drawbacks. So any context or information he may have been lacking to make the above work effectively should have been made up for there.

He will not be communicating any of this to Canute of course, and if he appears confused Robin may even TP him a message to BS that it's something Moriarty has done. On that note, the equipment Robin made for Canute will be deactivated during this fight, using the failsafe Robin built into them. This too will not be communicated.

Anyway, the big change. Robin has enchanted his other glove with a combination of metamorphosis and spirit magic, with the intent of using it to transform those it's used on in body and soul. By utilising evolution magic, which allows for the advancement and manipulation of one's own abilities (and in some cases can grant entirely new abilities) he will have grafted this onto his Noble Phantasm, Sherwood Forest, leading to the apparent changes you see here. As a domain expansion, it should already guarantee the hits of any cursed techniques used inside (i.e. magecraft) but in case of any doubt, he can use evolution magic to iron out that interaction.

If you look up from the body and answer the call you may find yourself faced with the guardian of this place.

No Caption Provided

It's a face you should recognise, but... he looks older. Stronger. This forest's solemn guardian stands from his resting place and raises his spear to do battle.

Will is going to be using his Noble Phantasm to generate several wooden dragons to attack Moriarty and Lycaon, or at least block the hits from Moriarty's magecraft, but Robin will be using the Forest's effects to reshape his body and increase his parameters. Offensively, Robin will be employing the Forest to attempt to turn Lycaon and Moriarty into trees (and possibly Canute depending on how well the battle is going). The sure hit should bypass the former's barrier and the manipulation of matter and soul should make Lycaon's air-based form not too much of a problem. The Overseers and Church people he'll leave alone, the servants are his focus. For Elligatia... he will apply a more subtle and particular transformation to her if he is able. Robin will be ready to also use PoT if need be but beyond this, I'll leave it and wait to see what the rest of you have to say.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sy8000  Online

I Don't Have Many

No Caption Provided

"That'll have to do."

With those lines, energy surges out of Canute's throat and into the hearts of those listening. Then, the earth trembles, and a great mass of wood bursts from it. But not the craggy, unpolished wood of the trees. No, it is the great viking ship that has appeared again. Canute stands atop it.

Godwine circles around behind Moriarty, remaining hidden. But he stops short of the barrier, observing Archer's desperate attacks, waiting for the right time to strike.

Canute will use Charisma to give the following effects:

• Canute: Riding A>A++
  • Elligatia: END/AGI +2
  • Godwine: STR/AGI +2

With Godwine's presence concealed, the domain should not hit him, as the sure hit of domains does not work on those without cursed energy for it to detect. Godwine concealing his presence is effectively the same, if the domain cannot register him he won't get hit.

Godwine is waiting to see if Moriarty's barrier wavers. If it does, he's going to rush in and attempt to stab him with his Noble Phantasm. But Godwine lacks the power to break the barrier himself so he'll need someone to make an opportunity for him.

Canute is not going to move yet because a last ditch attack is liable to get in the way of a more useful attack. But he's keeping a close watch. Canute does not have any defense from the domain, and he's not going to try fighting Archer. He's banking on Robin here and not going to interfere with him even if he's become a target.

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Naronu

True Primary Objective:

No Caption Provided

Hostile Reality Marble detected

Calculating Threat Level.... Done

Error.

Contradictory Objectives

Error.

Primary mission contradicted

Error.

Threat Level exceeds nominal threshold.

Error.

Switching to Anti-Magecraft Slugs... Done

Error.

Proper forms left unfulfilled

Error.

Claudia's primary directives are confused in this situation so she defaults onto her Anti-Magecraft Slugs identifying all targets with her scanners (Presence Detection) before opening fire.

"It seems to have completely lost control."

Father Kotomine comments offhandedly as he stares at the homunculus form of his wife.

"Override Code XXXXXXXXXX. Utilize Sacrament:Drain."

"Recognized, altering attack pattern in response to override code."

"Your continued presence is counter-productive."

There's a flash of smoke and Claudia disappears from all senses, the local child holds a book in his hands.

"Father Kotomine, Miss Xiulin, please help me, I am unable to see in this darkness. I do hope you can get us out of this."

"I will protect the child Miss Xiulin. Please do whatever you can to safeguard the innocent."

"Are you serious?"

"Of course."

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are your Father's Daughter:

No Caption Provided

"Hah! You're as crazy as they say. But I guess I'm being paid to get you out of here and what you can't see can't hurt you. Anne. We're going all out."

But Mo doesn't listen, the writhing tattoo's on her right arm suddenly explode outwards across her entire body as her tanned, creamy skin begins to crack and fall away like dust falling off an old tool brought back out into the world. Looking more like a mass of tentacles surrounding a vaguely oval-shaped monstrosity than a human two blood red eyes open and let out a bone-chilling scream in a language none of you can understand. The fingernail shudders and solidifies into a massive, eerie black demonic finger. Although certainly an illusion, it seems completely real.

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Naronu

It can't possibly be that easy:

No Caption Provided

The middle-aged woman comes to a steady running landing, her faded purple wings acting more like a parachute than wings. She takes a moment, eyes flashing, to survey the empty ruins before walking up to the thrashing red beam of energy. Her outstretched hand reaches out to touch the grail...

"I wish..."

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Race Against Time

For the record, I'm doing this from my office computer and hoping no one comes up to me as I write it, so I hope we'll forgive the lack of typical... bare minimum flair that I try to put into my posts. To get started, Elligatia knows Godwine is in the vicinity. No clue exactly where, since he was just nearby, but it's a for sure safe assumption to say he's in the reality marble. Without knowing if it'll work, she attempts one of her only in-character moves left: she whispers, "Godwine, Earl of Canute, I order you by Command Seal, use Dissolution of the Dynasty to gut James Moriarty and don't let anything get in your way." Whatever that does, we shall see.

The more pressing concern now is Moriarty and Archer's reality marble's effects. It looks like Robin Hood is going to try and deal with the master of crime as best he can, and it's not like Elligatia can be of much help there. Her primary actions are as follows;

1. Given he was just Command Seal'd into literal inaction, Elligatia will fire her crossbow at wherever it is Lycaon disappears. The bolts target souls, not physical bodies, so it should affect him. What it does, I couldn't tell you, but god I'm hoping it hurts.
  2. Last time Elligatia tried Fragarach (without knowing what it does) it didn't work on Moriarty because his attack wasn't against Elligatia. Now, Darth is super intelligent and I give him props because this time around he's specifically set up the offense but hasn't actually used it against anyone.
    1. "The convex lenses spread and gather all around the combatants. And within the fractions between seconds, Moriarty has prepared a dual offensive and defensive. Ready to strike at a moment's notice."
    1. Whether that's on purpose for Fragarachian purposes or not, I don't know and Elligatia definitely doesn't. She also has no clue how her new Crest even works, but it did wonders against Avenger so she's going to keep at it or die trying. He may not have launched the attack, but he did technically start it so here's hoping. For clarity's sake, as I know exactitude is appreciated, she is attempting it.

As for Archer's reality marble, there was an indication of some effect or another but I can't say anything about it since there was no specificity.

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tree of Burial, Final Prayer

No Caption Provided

Hidden in the shadows of his home, the emerald archer takes not a second to rest on his laurels or even to wait and gauge the response of his primary foe. That the Viking and the Overseers have not sent attacks seeking him is enough. Enough to motivate the release of one final strike.

Invisible to the world he takes out a single silver bullet and begins to focus a tremendous amount of energy into it, taking directly from the forest around him as well as his own body. In doing so, the armour that protected and hid him crumbles and rusts away, revealing a face which has not been seen in some time. The red neon glow is replaced by pale green, and all that remains is a thin cloth-like ring of metal hanging over his shoulders and upper back. The bullet's form stretches and pulls as the energy is infused into it until it resembles not a slug, but an arrow.

Beside him stood a hulking giant of nature, and various other animals and creatures. At a glance, Robin understood that this all had once existed inside of him, but here, in this projection of his inner world, they roamed about for all to see. Good.

No Caption Provided

That would make what is to come far easier.

The prior and the following take some time to describe, but this all happens in a single instance. Robin's weapons fell to the ground harmlessly. In his right hand, he holds a single arrow of pure ivory and blinding light, and in his left, he will hold his bow. He stretched this hand out forward, and as he turns his fingers inward, the world around him bends and distorts. For in this place, nothing exists that is not his weapon. As he bends his fingers more harshly and pulls his right hand back the distortion spreads throughout the forest, causing cracks to appear on the surface of the sky, but it will hold long enough for his purposes. In this tension of space, he places this arrow, and in this arrow, he places his entire being. The other effects of the forest subside as Robin Hood focuses the totality of himself into a single shot. He will not miss.

• I never hurt fair maid in all my time,
      • Nor at mine end shall it be;
      But give me my bent bow in my hand,
      • And a broad arrow, I'll let flee;
      And where this arrow is taken up,
      • There shall my grave digged be.
    • Let me have length and breadth enough,
      • With a green sod under my head;
      That they may say, when I am dead
      • Here lies bold Robin Hood.

Robin won't be waiting for a response. None of the third parties are choosing to interfere with him directly so he can focus all his attention on the obstacle in front of him. His time is also limited given Antonio's death so he's just going to blow it all here (and OOC there's no reason not to anymore :( sad times).

Robin is quite literally putting his entire self into this one shot against Moriarty. If anyone else gets caught up in it that's not really his concern at this point, but using his Marksmanship he will try to also hit Lycaon and Canute and avoid hitting Elligatia and Will. Speaking of, what Robin was intending to do to her is rewrite her soul to make her wish for the grail his own, so that in the event of his death if she got the grail he'd still win. IC this is naturally still his intention, but again OOC it's not something we need to worry about.

The other two things Robin made were earplugs to block out sound to counter Moriarty's espionage (which wouldn't hinder his abilities in a fight since with Mind's Eye he can process a battlefield with a single sense) and two bullets made to cross dimensions, one each for Canute and Moriarty. The idea was that they could either track Canute if he fled to the mirror dimension or jump out of Moriarty's Beelzebub if he tried to consume it. But in this case, it's being used as the base for Robin's arrow, which itself is being funnelled through the sure hit of his domain. So between that, dimension-hopping and Marksmanship A, Robin really wants this one to hit. As for what the arrow itself does, uhh, you'll have to ask Naronu :) because idk what I'm even allowed to argue there.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sy8000  Online

Cards Left

No Caption Provided

There are no 'thoughts' in Godwine's head. The facsimiles of the Canute's Earls don't possess such a thing. The one known as Godwine does not tremble with fear, or move forward with vigor. He simply moves forward with his mission.

Still, there is some irony, that the name which supplanted Canute's dynasty, the one he hated the most, is now what he relies on more than ever.

Godwine is not a target for Marksmanship so he is continuing as long as Canute persists long enough to let him. Regardless of the outcome of the previous actions, Godwine is moving forward. If Robin successfully breaks Moriarty's barrier, he will be there to stab him and trigger Dissolution of the Dynasty. If the barrier stands when Godwine moves, he will do everything he can to crack it with his boosted strength.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By darthjhawk  Moderator

Game's End III:

No Caption Provided

"I see, so that's how the story shall end."

Robin Hood:

Will is going to be using his Noble Phantasm to generate several wooden dragons to attack Moriarty and Lycaon, or at least block the hits from Moriarty's magecraft, but Robin will be using the Forest's effects to reshape his body and increase his parameters. Offensively, Robin will be employing the Forest to attempt to turn Lycaon and Moriarty into trees (and possibly Canute depending on how well the battle is going).

Invisible to the world he takes out a single silver bullet and begins to focus a tremendous amount of energy into it, taking directly from the forest around him as well as his own body. In doing so, the armour that protected and hid him crumbles and rusts away, revealing a face which has not been seen in some time. The red neon glow is replaced by pale green, and all that remains is a thin cloth-like ring of metal hanging over his shoulders and upper back. The bullet's form stretches and pulls as the energy is infused into it until it resembles not a slug, but an arrow.

Elligatia:

Whether that's on purpose for Fragarachian purposes or not, I don't know and Elligatia definitely doesn't. She also has no clue how her new Crest even works, but it did wonders against Avenger so she's going to keep at it or die trying. He may not have launched the attack, but he did technically start it so here's hoping. For clarity's sake, as I know exactitude is appreciated, she is attempting it.

Canute and Godwine:

With those lines, energy surges out of Canute's throat and into the hearts of those listening.Then, the earth trembles, and a great mass of wood bursts from it. But not the craggy, unpolished wood of the trees. No, it is the great viking ship that has appeared again. Canute stands atop it.

Godwine is not a target for Marksmanship so he is continuing as long as Canute persists long enough to let him.Regardless of the outcome of the previous actions, Godwine is moving forward. If Robin successfully breaks Moriarty's barrier, he will be there to stab him and trigger Dissolution of the Dynasty. If the barrier stands when Godwine moves, he will do everything he can to crack it with his boosted strength.

So we are all on the same page, I am considering this you all going on a direct offensive first and attacking, which Moriarty will, in turn, respond to. As such he will automatically activate the litany of convex lenses in response and assault everyone from all sides. Given the enclosed space, the number of lenses, and the means of spatial travel blocked by Robin there's not much to evade any of these attacks that he poured a large amount of mana, enough equating to what's essentially an EX rank noble phantasm tearing through the battlefield. And given they're combined with his magecraft, they'll be carrying miasma that erodes the body and targets the mind and soul, as I mentioned before. Let's focus more on the defensive aspect though for the sake of time as this will be his main offense.

Vs Elligatia, Will Robin's big Arrow and Canute:

There isn't too much for me to say here, you've all seen how Beelezebub works in terms of absorption and defense, so dragons, Fragrarach, and whatnot Moriarty will be responding with that. Beelzebub can even absorb attacks that can bypass pace and dimensional shields and layers, not to mention Moriarty;s barrier being able to reflect attacks

Vs Godwine:

Godwine seems to be waiting for someone else to break his barrier and not much else, but Moriarty has already detected him through his Presence Concealment before, so I've no doubt the lasers from the convex lenses will tear him apart as well.

Vs Sherwood Forest:

This one is a little more tricky however there is some room for argument here. For one I don't necessarily agree that the sure hit would guarantee bypassing Moriarty's barrier. For one, there are barrier techniques that allow one to protect themselves from the sure-hit effect such as Simple Domain. Normally I would agree this wouldn't be enough to suggest just any barrier can stop the sure-hit, however, Moriarty's barriers and offshoots of his barriers have shown to repel and negate abilities that could bypass and/or break barriers Even blocking out and absorbing people would use matter manipulation to dissolve barriers or as well as soul manipulators. Combining that with the inherent resistances that EOTSW provides, the realm of resistances a tier of ultimate skills vs unique skills provides:

No Caption Provided

“If Yuuki left her in such bad shape, I couldn’t afford to make light of him. But I wasn’t worried at all. As Raphael put it, a unique skill can never work against an ultimate skill. The strength of our relative souls was at the crux of it. If someone awakens to a power that surpasses unique skills in all dimensions, you needed a strong enough heart to go with that. Faced with that kind of spiritual strength, there was no way a unique skill could have any influence.

The only thing that could beat an ultimate skill user was another ultimate skill user. No matter how much power Maribel gave him, Yuuki couldn’t beat me. My victory was as good as assured…but the next moment, my confidence was thoroughly crushed.”

-That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, Vol. 10

“Yes… This couldn’t happen any other way. I am reluctant to kill him, but it’s not the worst outcome. It’d be far more foolish of me to leave such a dangerous man unchecked…

If she had her way, she’d rule over Rimuru instead. But he wasn’t the kind of foe who’d ever accept that. So Maribel opted to grasp complete victory for herself instead.

Surrounded by the black surge, the demon lord Rimuru stood there, seemingly not attempting to resist.

“It just wasn’t enough. No one, no matter how strong, can do away with their thirst for life. And that’s what makes me invincible.”

It was true. She was all-powerful. Against Frey, Carillon, or an awakened Clayman, she probably would have won. Even Hinata the Saint would have faltered in the face of her skills. That’s how strong the unique skill Avarice was.

But…

“Sorry, but my Analysis just finished up. Now it won’t work on me.”

Rimuru had triggered his ultimate skill—and at that moment, Maribel’s chances of victory were zero…

…for while she was all-powerful, she was all-powerful within the dimension of that ultimate skill.”

-That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, Vol. 10

Furthermore, Moriarty isn't so easily analyzed:

Given he's passively protected from such things unless they're on the same level, and even then he has resistance. And finally he's able to erect barriers around those he has directly modified or granted parts of himself, as he has done with Lycaon, so he'll be protecting him as well

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Naronu

Fast Results:

[Insert blurb here]

• Tactics summons can't be ordered with command seals, they aren't servants. However, Elligatia states "... Canute, I order you by command seal..." so the command seal works with Godwine as an extension of Canute's will.
  • I'm considering Green!Robin to be an Ultimate Ability for the purpose of Ultimate Skills, if only because Maestro seemingly has no idea what he actually wanted to do with it beyond "be more powerful than Robin can usually be".
  • I'm not too convinced the arrow lands against Beelzebub/Naraku, but the #1 thing with Swamp Thing is he sticks around even when he shouldn't, so that's gonna factor in later
  • I think that Godwine could break Moriarty's barrier, but he'd get slaughtered by lasers first
  • I'm not too convinced that Beelzebub (pre-vol 15) could stop Fragarach any more than it could stop something like Gae Bolg, especially with Ciel holding Shion back due to causality manipulation being a possible threat to Azathoth Rimuru.
  • After this point I think the arrow would land, even if it's been consumed previously by Beelzebub and stopped by Naraku's barriers. Since that's the most "the green survives" thing I can think of on short notice.
  • Mo/The Child/Kirei/Anne are included in everyone, so just a quick overview of what needs to happen for them to survive:
    • The Finger of Wuzhiqi can at the very least stop convex lenses from spawning too close to the group, but it's completely useless against the multitude of attacks, it could probably overcome one head on, but it's a spear to pierce, not a defensive ability at all.
    • But the extra space at least gives the Child a chance, so his expression darkens, one eye shines white and the other black, as he forces 361 tiny shining beams of light out into existence to counter Moriarty's attacks against the group, probably more than 1:1 to make sure there's no chance of injury here.
  • Lycaon should be completely protected from attacks against him as he doesn't have the Fragarach issue.
  • Godwine dies
  • Will dies
  • Elligatia takes Fatal Damage (Miasma)
  • Moriarty takes Fatal Damage (Fragarach + His Last Arrow)
  • Canute takes Fatal Damage (Miasma)
  • Robin takes Fatal Damage (Miasma + His Last Arrow)
  • Lycaon is undamaged
darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 darthjhawk  Moderator

All That Remains, And Then...

@naronu

No Caption Provided

Watching as the fighters fall, and feeling his own connection to the world begin to shudder with the fall of his benefactor, Lycaon looks upon the remaining figures left in the wake of the carnage. The sight forces him to relive some painful memories. One that he hoped to erase.

"I see... so once more, I am all that's left. You idiots, If only you had... no that's arrogant of me. Even now I still haven't really changed have I, my sons? Have I Professor? Very well, let me show you now that I can be better."

Having said this the King of Arcadia turns towards the survivors, focusing distinctly on the child.

"Something tells me that you're the one with the largest stake in this, even more so than Gods, Dragons, Witches, and Monsters. On behalf of my allies and my enemies...what was all this for?"

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Naronu

At the end of it all:

No Caption Provided

"You're collateral, made to be damaged, just another footnote to add to a long list of expenses to ensure the survival of this world. You might consider this unjust or unfair, but it is the simple truth. You were a variable in an experiment and the experiment was successful. Rejoice."

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 darthjhawk  Moderator

A Wish, And…

No Caption Provided

A wave of death approached the king, his time was near. He knew he would never survive this great battle. But he had seen it through to the end, and he had seen the truth of the world, illuminated by his benefactor, The Spider. So as the child, no anything but commanded him to rejoice, Lycaon responded with a declaration of his own.

“No. I’ll be like those idiots before me. I will do as I please and fulfill my wish. Cry my Son, Cry and then Live.“ Lycaon fires his Noble Phantasm twice, aiming forward at the enemy and aiming at himself. Truly he didn’t care if he landed a blow or not. The more important target was his own core. His heart, his spiritual core.

A molten slag erupts into his chest as the screams of his family pound inside his brain one last time.

The shock and destruction reverberates throughout the area and Lycaon’s body falls. His spirit origin collapses and begins to fade, but this last act, one denying the will of the world is so powerful, that it resonates with the last will of the two closest to him. The last vestiges of James Moriarty and Ba’al’s Magical energy pours out of the Wolf King and just as quickly disappears into parts unknown, ignoring all time and space. Carrying a last hope, one last transient dream, a wish for the future that could never come about in the era of the “correct choice.”

………..

Unknown:

A swirl… and a surge. And then… a pulse. As a heartbeat pulsates he awakens, a single word on his mind, that then falls from his lips with innocent trepidation.

“…Father?”