• Composite Lord Boros
  • Boros starts in Meteoric Burst
  • Both are bloodlusted
  • Battlefield is indestructable
  • Who wins?
  • Start 20 meters apart

Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
#2 Edited by DiarrheaRegatta (5194 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we have a manga/live action matchup without Thing being used? Do you know any other Marvel mid tiers apart from him?

Avatar image for hey_thatsmildlyadequate
#3 Posted by Hey_Thatsmildlyadequate (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh boy

#4 Posted by Jko1 (3075 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people like to put Thing up against anime characters? Lmao.

#5 Edited by SaltySultan (261 posts) - - Show Bio

@diarrhearegatta: no other marvel mid tiers are as interesting and they have all been done before vs Boros

What is wrong with Thing?

#6 Posted by cromulor (2367 posts) - - Show Bio

Boros probably ends up killing himself.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
#7 Posted by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (4115 posts) - - Show Bio

Boros stomps

#8 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18456 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Toratorn (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

Boros can't do shit to Ben and would get splattered all over the place on a serious hit. The only chance he has is to BFR him. Otherwise he just fires CSRC and dies from exhaustion. Inb4 "scaling does not count because reasons".

#10 Edited by Kevd4wg (12798 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn said:

Boros can't do shit to Ben. Inb4 "scaling does not count because reasons".

The fact you don't know why scaling isn't legit after spending so long on the vine is kinda sad

#11 Posted by TheKinfing (11788 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg said:
@toratorn said:

The fact you don't know why scaling isn't legit after spending so long on the vine is kinda sad

#12 Posted by Defiant_Will (1176 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg said:
@toratorn said:

#13 Posted by Toratorn (7265 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Jko1 (3075 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#15 Posted by Kevd4wg (12798 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Toratorn (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: you've yet to reply to the previous time I dismantled your pitiful excuse for an argument.

#17 Posted by AlphaQ (6348 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing probably dies during the initial beating of Meteoric Burst, definitely dies from being kicked into space.

#18 Posted by Noone1996 (11855 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it hilarious that scaling doesn't "herrr derr work" for Marvel, but it does for anime characters and the reason that this double-standard applies is because "MaINStReAm coMiCs HaS 2 maNy wRitrs nd CoMiCs". But that's just more hypocrisy and double-standards because I'm sure you could find a single writer consistently writing a certain way so that scaling can apply. For example, Stan Lee has written the Mandarin as casually karate chopping an iron bar like it's a toothpick, so if Mandarin was written by Lee as using that very same karate chop on Colossus who tanked it in another separate comic, would that scaling not apply? Or what if Iron Man was written by Stan Lee as taking a beatdown from Namor while low on power, but in another separate and unrelated comic written by Lee in the same time period, we see him trading blows with Hercules in a serious slug fest? Even in those scenarios anime fanboys will still not accept scaling, so it's clear which side is biased and unreasonable.

#19 Edited by Kevd4wg (12798 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996 said:

I find it hilarious that scaling doesn't "herrr derr work" for Marvel, but it does for anime characters and the reason that this double-standard applies is because "MaINStReAm coMiCs HaS 2 maNy wRitrs nd CoMiCs". But that's just more hypocrisy and double-standards because I'm sure you could find a single writer consistently writing a certain way so that scaling can apply. For example, Stan Lee has written the Mandarin as casually karate chopping an iron bar like it's a toothpick, so if Mandarin was written by Lee as using that very same karate chop on Colossus who tanked it in another separate comic, would that scaling not apply? Or what if Iron Man was written by Stan Lee as taking a beatdown from Namor while low on power, but in another separate and unrelated comic written by Lee in the same time period, we see him trading blows with Hercules in a serious slug fest? Even in those scenarios anime fanboys will still not accept scaling, so it's clear which side is biased and unreasonable.

It's not like all scaling is bad, in fact the example of scaling you gave is pretty good, especially the Colossus one(other then the fact Lee doesn't really care about power levels much, as most comics from that time period don't), it's the scaling across authors and to high ends that's the problem

Edit: And no one said anime/manga scaling is perfect, I myself think many anime/manga debaters go way overboard and make it not valid

#20 Edited by Noone1996 (11855 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: Shrugging off feats based on there being different writers is too simple. It's like saying that a scan is invalid because it's "old". Consistency is a much better measurement to use. If you think it's inconsistent that Thing is performing certain feats, then there should be something to back that notion up. For example, if someone claims that Thing can trade blows with savage Hulk and perform equally with him, then you post scans that disprove that. Hulk has stomped Thing many times in the modern era under a lot of different writers. Most recently, he's two-shotted him. Shrugging off feats based off of multiple writers alone is just lazy. I mean you can have multiple writers consistently writing Black Bolt's voice as stronger than a nuclear bomb, but does that make it questionable because there are so many different writers that can write him? Nope.

#21 Edited by TheKinfing (11788 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: I don't think scaling is bad exclusively because of multiple writers, but rather because those writers tend to have multiple and varying opinions on what a character can and can't do, for instance with Black Bolt, some writers may think he's country level, but other that he's only city, or perhaps town level, or even planet level. What im trying to say, is that neither Kev or i dismiss scaling only because of writers, but because of their opinion, and atleast to me it seems that users on this site just scale to the highest feat, for instance Rulk shaking the continent, and them assume that he's always operating at that tier, while neglecting that sometimes he isn't willing to go that far or that some writers simply don't think that's he's capable of doing that in the first place, i think it's important to know how a writer thinks of a certain character and how that character in question was operating on that particular issue or time frame. For instance current Thor is watered down heavily, so you wouldn't use feats from Pre-Aaron as the standard for his scaling, would you?

#22 Posted by reaverlation (25880 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: different writers does fall under consistency and it is why comic characters show different level of power and it hurts Marvel characters more since they've never done a retcon like how DC did. That's why people recognize writers like Bendis for example not giving a damn about this stuff and it leads to all this commotion. What you and someone like Toratorn does is scale wrong. Scaling is fine but you guys scale to the highest end feats and act like it justifies that characters portrayal throughout his publication and, like I've said, it hurts Marvel more since showings from like the 80's are applicable to current showings notwithstanding power ups, etc.

#23 Posted by DrPepperMan (6288 posts) - - Show Bio

Reason why Boros can't kick Ben to space?

#24 Posted by Kirkseven (2878 posts) - - Show Bio

Boros kills him.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#25 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11853 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben dies.

#26 Posted by Noone1996 (11855 posts) - - Show Bio

@reaverlation: Then go by a case-by-case basis. It's not that hard to say, "It's shitty writing and inconsistent that Ms. Marvel stomped Iron Man's supposedly strongest version of the Hulk-Buster and Bendis is an idiot. There have been no power ups or upgrades for Carol and Tony has wrecked her in the past. *insert many scans here*" Using blanket statements about all scaling in Marvel because there are so many writers, comics, and no reboots is just silly.

#27 Edited by Noone1996 (11855 posts) - - Show Bio

@thekinfing: It's different if a writer has a history of shitting on a certain character or ignoring power levels. For example, I can't remember the name of the writer for a certain volume of Punisher, but there's an author that basically hates superhumans and he pretty much has them get shit on by some dude who has no powers and has guns. Same guy that had Punisher beat Wolverine by running him over with a cement truck after beating him with a bat. So obviously if you can point out differences like that, then go for it. Debunk a feat based on a writer that has bad history, but saying you cannot use a scaling feat because we "might" not know what certain writers think of that character's power levels is just ridiculous. What if Doomsday had no quantifiable feats, but he was constantly shown and written from multiple writers as holding his own against powerhouses and high tiers? People wouldn't lowball and say he can't withstand mountain level attacks or would get blitzed by Boros. It's just lazy lowballing.

#28 Edited by Toratorn (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

Daily reminder that without scaling Juggernaut is not even a mountain buster. But somehow I've yet to see someone seriously argue that Boros would stomp him. Double standards at their finest.

#29 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11853 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: Who do you think would win tho?

Edit: Boros. Until I see some Ben feats that suggests otherwise.

#30 Posted by Stormdriven (17925 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Thing the only mid tier anyone knows? He’s the punching bag here on the forum lmao

#31 Posted by AlphaQ (6348 posts) - - Show Bio

Of all the characters out there, who'd have guessed it would be Thing that would start all this drama?

#32 Posted by Kevd4wg (12798 posts) - - Show Bio

Daily reminder that before a certain point Juggernaut was extremely consistent with his scaling, lacks the vast amount of anti feats other characters might have, and has far less appearances, no solos, and few major appearances where he's a main character, all of which is completely different from another character

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#33 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7691 posts) - - Show Bio

Boros destroys this wanked mid-tier fodder.

#34 Posted by Noone1996 (11855 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: Everyone is saying it's a stomp in Boros' favor and that's completely untrue. He's going to struggle hurting Ben and I'm pretty sure the only way he'll win is if he kicks him to the moon. With that said, I think Thing will struggle to tag Boros but when or if he does it'll cripple him. However he's just going to heal. It's more likely that Boros wins since he'll last awhile due to his speed and healing, but once he realizes Ben is too tough to put down he'll BFR.

#35 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11853 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: What 'bout his surface wiping attack? I don't think Ben could survive a direct hit like that, nor do I think Ben's striking is good enough to inflict some serious damage on Boros, his healing factor is pretty darn good, Ben's striking can't bypass it. And he's quite untouchable in this case given Ben's speed, or the lack thereof.

#36 Posted by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

Feats are generally better than scaling. Scaling is a bit subjective, if the character strikes just as hard as their feats & to find middle ground is the subjective part. But OPMverse also relies on scaling.

Boros blitzing Saitama is also subject to question as he was tanking hits, he also does that in character. Boros also requires a lot of scaling. Unless Boros was a character with a lot of quantifiable feats I don't see why this isn't a double standard.

#37 Edited by Toratorn (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

@empressofdread: solely by feats alone Genos would stomp Juggernaut and Red Hulk at the same time... So that doesn't look like a good approach here.

But yeah, Boros literally has nothing except for a couple of mountain level feats and a whole lot of statements and implications. He has no durability feats at all except for surviving a casual hit from Saitama in armor, and even then all later hits messed him up. His ultimate attack never connected and has only statements about it's power and nothing else.

And yet somehow he gets scaled for Saitama just because but Thing doesn't get scaling to characters he regularly fought... Sure, why not. It really is hypocritical of "debaters" in this thread.

#38 Posted by Noone1996 (11855 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: Why isn't his striking good enough to inflict damage to Boros? The guy is featless with durability... Saitama bodied him every time he hit him seriously. He'd wreck him, but then heal. That'd definitely be a problem for Ben. However, we've never seen Boros wiping the surface of a planet and there are even some statements/translations that say the attack is even stronger than that, so it's not really reliable IMO.

#39 Posted by cpt_nice (10039 posts) - - Show Bio

Boros BFR's him.

#40 Posted by Warlockmage (9289 posts) - - Show Bio

lol 2 of the 3 people who said scaling isn't legit are exactly the people who i would picture saying scaling isn't legit... completely predictable

i don't know who the other one is but he sure is in good company

#41 Posted by cpt_nice (10039 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: Saitama bodied him every time he hit him seriously.

He only used casual punches on Boros until the latter used his blast. And keep in mind, every other villain in the series, including the likes of DSK and Carnage Kabuto, died after one casual punch. Boros took one on the chin, was propelled backwards but immediately recovered. He didn't even need to heal. And then he took a series of consecutive normal punches and regenerated basically from being splattered.

Loading Video...

That by itself is impressive if you consider Saitama's track record of one-shotting every thing you put in front of him.

#42 Posted by Noone1996 (11855 posts) - - Show Bio

@cpt_nice: Then you'd just have to scale off of every character Saitama's one-shotted with that same casual punch. Boros is more durable than all of them, but when Saitama uses force above a casual punch he gets vaporized. Even if you come up with some good quantifiable durability feats for Carnage Kabuto and all the rest that were one-shotted by the same attack Boros survived, Boros was still injured by the attack. He was spitting out blood and seemed really hurt by it.

#43 Edited by Toratorn (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

@cpt_nice: adding to what @noone1996 said, Boros' healing factor pretty clearly took conscious effort from him and had limits. When his arm got blown off, he continued to fight without it and only grew it back once they briefly stopped the battle and concentrated on it. When Saitama hit Meteoric Burst Boros, he was clearly hurt, coughed blood and could barely stand on his feet. And he was clearly in shock and pain when Saitama blew him to bits. If someone hit him harder than that and, say, splattered him harder than Saitama did, it should be possible to overtax his healing factor and kill him outright.

And if we use scaling for both of them (considering that scaling off Saitama's casual hits is basically the only thing that gives us any idea about Boros' durability, I think it's safe to say that scaling is mandatory for this fight), Ben can hit more than hard enough for that to happen.

#44 Posted by AlphaQ (6348 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it is questionable Saitama was trying to kill Boros at any point before he liquified him. Saitama seemed to have empathy for Boros and even lied to him as he died, I think the only reason Saitama didn’t one-shot Boros in the beginning was Boros’s ennui at being infinitely above any opponent really struck a cord with Saitama’s own suffering.

#45 Posted by SevenDeadlyGOD (196 posts) - - Show Bio

boros speedblitz this ovverrated trash brick

#46 Posted by SevenDeadlyGOD (196 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn: stop using ur trash scaling, Boros is planetary scaling from saitama and thats legit scaling not scaling from shity comics from 50 years

#47 Edited by Toratorn (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

@sevendeadlygod: ...whose alt are you anyway? Doesn't matter, stay mad that your overwanked mountain buster still gets one-shot.

#48 Posted by ichigoSOLOLORD (125 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn said:

@sevendeadlygod: ...whose alt are you anyway? Doesn't matter, stay mad that your overwanked mountain buster still gets one-shot.

This.

thing slaps Boros, anyone who has read a fantastic four comic would know.

#49 Posted by SevenDeadlyGOD (196 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn: You didn't prove anything, mountain level is extreme lowball and Thing doesn't even have a single feat above mountain level either LOL.

He gets statued and kicked to the moon, he's been smacked around by people far weaker than Boros lol.

#50 Posted by SevenDeadlyGOD (196 posts) - - Show Bio