The Teambusters / Crack Squads Tourney ! (Signups closed)

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

@sirfizzwhizz:

Oh that cute, the Sentry who took out Molecule Man or beat galactus, or stated above X-Man on his best day. That normal Sentry? Even better, Sentry is blood lusted and non jobbing.... what!?!

Well this is also the same Sentry who lost to World War hulk. That Molecule man feats is huge pis especially since Bendis was responsible for that. It is an extreme outlier. And the others are simply statements his actual feats are no where near galactus. That fight also happen off panel so for all we know the void helped him there.

Quasar has a few galaxy to multi solar syatem level feats in the last Battle of the Week we used him. Well above thanos if bloodlusted and not jobbing.

What feats are you refering to? Quasar is at best star level and one through draining. He would lose to surfer more often than not.

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Jucas already withdrew SGGL so no trouble there (need to edit that). Only the final form of Asura busts solar systems and shit, this form is large planet lvl + and I think should be fine, in any case the guy is mostly a brick. This takes place in a neutral realm without any prep, so I don't see why Magik should be so powerful. Ok, she may have a one shot sword, but that's not something game breaking by itself.

And I don't even get where you are going with Quasar and Sentry...

Quasar has a few galaxy to multi solar syatem level feats in the last Battle of the Week we used him. Well above thanos if bloodlusted and not jobbing.

What do you mean? Thanos practically soloed the Annihilators in Infinity Revelation and Surfer has beaten him in the past as well..

Oh that cute, the Sentry who took out Molecule Man or beat galactus, or stated above X-Man on his best day. That normal Sentry? Even better, Sentry is blood lusted and non jobbing.... what!?!

Some of these are well above Surfer or matching Thanos, and are on a team? I dont see the balance here.

Yeah Sentry stalemated Galactus,......according to a one off statement by a clearly fangasming Spiderman of all people. He took control of Owen only as the Void, Sentry in general is nowhere at the level you are claiming, its only the "multiversal reality warper" brigade who say otherwise.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#153 Zetsu-San  Online

@shirso: Has anyone taken Nate Grey yet?

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirso: To be fair, while it's true that I don't "officially" have prep, my team is so good at hiding that I can pretty much prep as much as I want anyways.

Sounds broken af, but I won't impose more restrictions, now its up to your opponents to find a counter.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@shirso I'll take Onimar Synn for now.

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Zetsu-San  Online
mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

Using Nate Grey how dare you.

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@shirso: I wanted to but I'm too busy right now.

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: From what I know, Shaman Nate Grey is just Nate with the full extent of his powers and has the combined abilities of multiple timeline Nates and has some really good TP feats. He should fit in a team of high heralds, but let me just confirm with someone else and I'll get back to you.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Zetsu-San  Online

@shirso: Yea. Sorry I can't give a better power estimate myself. I have a tendency to learn characters on the fly. lmao

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes said:

Would Despero fit in here?

@necronn- said:

I might join, and use Fernus.

Are you guys joining ?

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@zetsumoto: @shirso:I don't think Nate is just Silver Surfer level to be honest. I have seen someone debate him against Odin before(skyfather tourney). While I know now he isn't Odin level I don't think he far below Thanos and can certainly give most team buster trouble.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Zetsu-San  Online

@zetsumoto: @shirso:I don't think Nate is just Silver Surfer level to be honest. I have seen someone debate him against Odin before(skyfather tourney). While I know now he isn't Odin level I don't think he far below Thanos and can certainly give most team buster trouble.

Fair enough. If it turns out he's to powerful that just means 1 less character I'd have to decide between. xD

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#166 darthjhawk  Moderator

@sirfizzwhizz: Didn't know he did that. Don't know Qusar well. Guess I'll switch. Oh well thx for letting me know tho.

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: I checked up on him. His TP is just ridiculous, take someone else.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 darthjhawk  Moderator

@emperorthanos: @shirso: Wait so my picks are okay then? Like I said not as familiar for Qusar just using the tourney to learn him

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 emperorthanos-  Moderator
sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#170  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@emperorthanos:

Well this is also the same Sentry who lost to World War hulk. That Molecule man feats is huge pis especially since Bendis was responsible for that. It is an extreme outlier. And the others are simply statements his actual feats are no where near galactus. That fight also happen off panel so for all we know the void helped him there.

Key word is blood lusted Sentry. In character he has mental blocks and holds back. No excuse here. thus I am concern.

What feats are you refering to? Quasar is at best star level and one through draining. He would lose to surfer more often than not.

How about these insane feats!

No Caption Provided
Heres him blocking Galactus's beams with ease.
No Caption Provided
Heres him making a barrier over thanos and moondragons crew while there trying to break out and the avngers and x men are trying to break in
and his mind is barely even focused on it.

@mandarink said:

@youfinished said:

" @Dark King:
also heres him draining a star:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
sorry for the small one want go big for some reason "

Lol I read the comic, defnitely not a star that was a rouge cosmic entity that he had fought. I dont even think he drained it,

@warlockmage said:

@mr_ingenuity: I don't think we are given any reason to think it was a permanent kind of draining. Those things are almost never permanent. At any rate, it doesn't help your argument at all to say that Quasar plus Nova Prime couldn't defeat a drained Magus.

lol did you even read the comic

No Caption Provided

he had to drain magic from the mage to be able to teleport back to Knowhere

No Caption Provided

in seconds he no longer had the power to transport himself clear.

it was a long lasting drain and your argument once again holds no merit.

im starting to think you know next to nothing about Adam Warlock, Magus, or Quasar for that matter.

@mr_ingenuity said:

@highaccuser: Here are scans there is more context in previous issues but I can fill you in.

Quasar attempting to reverse a universal black hole (change it into a white hole) is stopped by Maelstrom/Oblivion by bringing him into the quantum zone. Note Maelstrom mentioned Quasar's attempt would be successful.

Maelstrom having been equal to quasar in their previous fight merges with Oblivion making the fight one sided. But Infinity steps in and does the same keeping the fight on equal terms. Now they're both voltron megazord gundams (covered all the references)

This results in a stalemate with the universe still being destroyed until Quasar uses cosmic awareness break Maelstrom's concentration winning the fight.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I can post more but this is easy well above Surfer in drain abilities, and manipulation of energy that even thanos never shown.

@shirso:

This takes place in a neutral realm without any prep, so I don't see why Magik should be so powerful. Ok, she may have a one shot sword, but that's not something game breaking by itself.

For anyone taking a magical team buster it is. I want to use omega spawn but Zets would just one shot me. Wow, what a team buster then lol.

And I don't even get where you are going with Quasar and Sentry...

What do you mean? Thanos practically soloed the Annihilators in Infinity Revelation and Surfer has beaten him in the past as well..

Just saying, Qausar has insane high ends that make Surfer look like a child. Just because he was written in character in Annihilation arc is not a valid counter to his Blood Lusted high ends.

Yeah Sentry stalemated Galactus,......according to a one off statement by a clearly fangasming Spiderman of all people. He took control of Owen only as the Void, Sentry in general is nowhere at the level you are claiming, its only the "multiversal reality warper" brigade who say otherwise.

I never said he is multiversal, though he is clearly Thanos or higher level when blood lusted and not in character battling his mental sickness. Its like taking away what makes him fair. His feats in a serious mental state still blow away Surfer's own.

@zetsumoto:

Sentry is allowed, so I am not sure what's wrong with Loki grabbing Norn Stones. No BFR, so Magik can't fight in her dimension and the sword is anti-magic so of course she counters magical beings.

if you have a weapon that can take out Odin or Dormammu, it should not be allowed. Well above thanos level regardless of it being limited to magical beings, which make up half the team busters in comics.

Pretty sure, he was close to becoming Void when he took out MM. Wasn't Galactus off screen? I mean, it's still a good feat, but it's hard to argue since it's really outlierish and we don't know how the fight went down.

He wasn't Void for either is the point. if this was Sentry in character, sure, but blood lusted and serious? Now one can easily bring up such arguments.

@zetsumoto said:
@emperorthanos said:

Fair enough. If it turns out he's to powerful that just means 1 less character I'd have to decide between. xD

Nate also has a statement of being Celestial level in power, and another feat of being near equals with Dark Phoenix.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@sirfizzwhizz: That star feat is legit but if you are using Quasar as the avatar of infinity then he is universal.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: More feats.

1.Took a punch from the watcher and only said ouch

2.Completely immune to mental takeover

3.His quantum aura protected him from a solar flare

1.Drains the Jack of Hearts

2.Drains the Soul Gem,an Infinity Stone

3.Drains A Watcher.

4.Turns a blast from Thanos who has the infinity Gauntlet into a construct

@sirfizzwhizz: That star feat is legit but if you are using Quasar as the avatar of infinity then he is universal.

That is disgusting.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Zetsu-San  Online

@sirfizzwhizz:

if you have a weapon that can take out Odin or Dormammu, it should not be allowed. Well above thanos level regardless of it being limited to magical beings, which make up half the team busters in comics.

You wouldn't ban Wolverine or Nemesis from a high-street/low-mid tourney, would you? Yet they both have weapons that can harm Herald level beings, with Nemesis's sword being able to harm reality warpers.

For anyone taking a magical team buster it is. I want to use omega spawn but Zets would just one shot me. Wow, what a team buster then lol.

Isn't Omega Spawn faster and potentially capable of one-shotting her as well? Her sword is a close ranged weapon, not that I haven't thought of ways around that limitation.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@sirfizzwhizz:

Key word is blood lusted Sentry. In character he has mental blocks and holds back. No excuse here. thus I am concern.

Yeah but that wasn't the case when he fought WWH. He was going all out and specifically stated he wasn't holding back since Hulk is the only person who can actually survive his attacks. Sentry really only has one showing above which is the Molecule man feat . Which is extreme PIS since he didn't even have molecular manipulation until then and he suddenly beating a being leagues above him. Plus it was written by Bendis who is notorious for PIS writing. I honestly don't see Normal Sentry above Superman let alone Surfer.

But fair enough on quasar I suppose. However it's really only his draining that is so great. His other abilities aren't on Surfer's level. I will let Shriso decide though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirso said:

@emperorthanos: Ok, and I am also restricting BFR.

This goes for you too @jardinain2

Well that's disappointing. Your OP said it was allowed but not a win condition. Oh well.

What about reality marbles? Archer carries a dimension inside of his body and he places it on to the real world when he goes all out. He's an upper mid-tier character even inside of said dimension.

Yeah...

Can I self BFR with the person in tow? Like taking them to the Microverse, or the Negative zone but I'd be with them? And since Zets and I have the same strat of spatial rifts, can I get those to?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos said:

No lol. Even Nate Grey experts wouldn't put him that powerful. Heralds, and other people have depowered him rather easily. He would fit in fine if your still looking for someone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirso: Is Genis's form of space time manipulation fine?

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Zetsu-San  Online

@jardinain2: Well, Shirso already came back and said is telepathy is too powerfull, so it is what it is. xD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chronicplane: Your team is really solid, with perfect teamwork you have a really massive edge with Hank.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: I can live without Telepathy in the long run, I have something that's close enough anyway. Genis is a crazy hax character, so limiting some of these is annoying me. His TP is actually within limits, Moondragon isn't to far ahead of him in that regard, and shes still below SS and Adam Warlock in terms of TP.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Zetsu-San  Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jardinain2: I meant Nate's telepathy.

You have a typo in your post that made it sound like Shirso banned TP in general. And my last bit was replying to Nate's TP.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By darthjhawk  Moderator

@shirso: so am I allowed to use Quasar or no? SFW seems really against it. If I need to change I will.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirso: Hey there, Just wanted to confirm my set up for the games here it is.

My Team (Crack Squad, complete)

• Cyborg Superman ( w / Yellow Lantern Power Rings, DC comics)
  • Super Saiyan 3 Goku ( w / end of DBZ)
  • The Sentry ( w / composite, No void or Death Seed, Marvel comics)
  • Bambina ( w / Toriko)
Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz:

Yeah but that wasn't the case when he fought WWH. He was going all out and specifically stated he wasn't holding back since Hulk is the only person who can actually survive his attacks. Sentry really only has one showing above which is the Molecule man feat . Which is extreme PIS since he didn't even have molecular manipulation until then and he suddenly beating a being leagues above him. Plus it was written by Bendis who is notorious for PIS writing. I honestly don't see Normal Sentry above Superman let alone Surfer.

But fair enough on quasar I suppose. However it's really only his draining that is so great. His other abilities aren't on Surfer's level. I will let Shriso decide though.

Bullshit. There is a few comics stated Sentry still hold back fear of Void in the WWH fight, and Sentry wanted Hulk to beat on him too. Not to mention the dozens of feats that surpass Hulk in general.

@sirfizzwhizz:

You wouldn't ban Wolverine or Nemesis from a high-street/low-mid tourney, would you? Yet they both have weapons that can harm Herald level beings, with Nemesis's sword being able to harm reality warpers.

Isn't Omega Spawn faster and potentially capable of one-shotting her as well? Her sword is a close ranged weapon, not that I haven't thought of ways around that limitation.

Wolverine and nemesis would get destroyed by Heralds due to stats, speeds, and other hax powers. Magic not so much.

Omega is not that fast. As for able to one shot her, Im sure she has feats you would bring out to say otherwise.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Zetsu-San  Online

@sirfizzwhizz:

"Wolverine and nemesis would get destroyed by Heralds due to stats, speeds, and other hax powers. Magic not so much."

You have poor reading skills. I was talking agout them being in high street to low mid tourneys. You wouldn't ban them from that just because their weapons can hurt kill above tier, would you?

"Im sure she has feats you would bring out to say otherwise."

Maybe, maybe not. Don't know much about Omega Spawn.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@sirfizzwhizz: Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann is multi planet.

I made several threads where he beaten Golden Frieza, Neo, ect characters with ease. Scans with him throwing galaxies.

TGL bigger than galaxies.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

TTGL can warp probability so I heard.

Time manipulation by shooting missiles back in time.

No Caption Provided

Punching things so hard that it was breaking space time.

Real fair.

Now I am aware there is several version of this character, yet these are the only feats anyone brings up in threads. If a character is suppose to be at this power level, not sure how they fit the Surfer mold.

is it hard to just pick characters who are not stupid OP and just overall fit the mold?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@zetsumoto said:

@sirfizzwhizz:

"Wolverine and nemesis would get destroyed by Heralds due to stats, speeds, and other hax powers. Magic not so much."

You have poor reading skills. I was talking agout them being in high street to low mid tourneys. You wouldn't ban them from that just because their weapons can hurt kill above tier, would you?

There weapons cannot one shot. Plus they are bookable by weapons of other street guys I know of in my PYP tourneys. Not to mention healing factors cancel this benefit too.

Magiks weapon is anti magic and seems unblockable and un healable given Dormammu couldn't do it. poor examples. Why not just use someone who is not meant to be Hell Lord level?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: That's Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, the galaxy sized version. Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann is the much weaker moon sized version.

People don't bring SGGL up in threads because he's kinda overshadowed by the stronger ones.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@shirso: Actually Im just going to stop pointing out the flaws. Thanks for the invite, but i see no reason to play a team buster if so many are using near team busters in teams of four. This is kinda unbalance with molecule man beating Sentries that are bloodlusted, Thanos level non jobbing Quasars that can drain any team buster here, or Hell Lord level Magiks on teams. next time.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Zetsu-San  Online

@sirfizzwhizz: The creation blade can paralyze and depower you for as long as it's left in your body. Pair it with someone who can finish the job and you have a solid team. What other low mid tiers have weapons that can stop a creation blade?

Also, Magik overpowered him in her own dimension and depowered him before she killed him.

She's only hell lord level inside of her own domain. Outside of it, she's generally considered herald.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@zetsumoto: Creation Blades are easily arguable against depending on what you mean by depower. How do you depower a gorrila of its stats? A Elephant? A Human? You cant. So any being who has no superpowers and is naturally born a way would not be depowered. This been done in tourneys past to by pass the wank. not to mention other weapons like Adamantium, Lightsabers, or molecule splitting energy fields, ect can parry or block the blades. Some balance in strete tier.

Your just being THAT GUY again by looking for a character who is clearly over Silver Surfer levels, trying to justify them fitting that tier, and then steam role anyone with BS "I win" arguments.

You know, the kinda shit that makes debating more a chore than fun for no prize other than your skill at finding loopholes to bypass the spirit of the tourney.

No thanks. If Shirso wants that kinda shit in his tourney taking all the fun out of it, that is on him.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Zetsu-San  Online

@sirfizzwhizz: When the sword is inside of you, you can barely move. There's a reason Tao needed outside help to pull to swords out. The sword is made from fragments of a universe busting weapon, and is said to be able to cut through anything. I mean, I am not a massive expert on it, but I doubt Adamantium and lightsabers are going to be able to stop it.

And gawd you are dramatic.

Also, while it's true my team will probably steamroll, it's not because of Magik, it's because of a combination of abilities. I am not even using her as my main offense, That roll falls to Archer.

Really though, if you want everything to be super even, just do normal CaVs.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By darthjhawk  Moderator

@sirfizzwhizz: If Shirso does allow Quasar I can just try and use him without draining, is that more fair, or would you just prefer no Quasar at all?

Avatar image for deactivated-599632ff76068
deactivated-599632ff76068

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirso: Nah, I don't have the time.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

@shirso: could you make a list with all the teams and characters signed up at the moment.

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers