Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sync

Whats with the knock off battles :(

also did we not do a jla vs stormwatch thing ?

Well if you go by the bio here, apollo has limted solar storage, while super man just soaks it up. Also the more apollo seems to extert himself, the more he drains it.

If i go by the comics superman seems to have more of a background to say what he is cabaple of? Apollo"sun king" just does not seem to have that much of a well define history or background to give insight into his full ablity.

Superman can run right behind flash, and was faster before flash acess and learned to use the speed force, and even than superman is still impressive and fast.

He broke though green lanterns will power " and no im not talking about superboy prime, he did like 32 of them or all of the crops :)"

Overall, i will say superman, hopely someone will come that can give us more insight into apollo"sun king", for i lack info about him, i just dont follow that line of comics.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Methos

i'm backing Superman on one fact...

all of Apollo's powers, such his head vision and blasts, are basically solar radiation... which would make Superman stronger rather than hurt him lol

M

Iron Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Iron Apollo

I think Superman would win, Apollo would put up quite the fight though, and as long as the fight only last through the day he would be fine. Now I don't read stormwatch or any other wildstorm so I am sure the entire extent of Apollos' powers. although from what I have read I doubt his super strength, and maybe speed are up to par with supermans, while probably quite powerful, I doubt as powerful. So I think Supermans Super Strength as least would be enough to eventually give him the win. Also maybe Invulnerability.

Iron Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Iron Apollo

How do you do a double quote, cause I have something to say to both of you, but only have the ability to quote one of you at a time.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Methos

Iron Apollo says:

"How do you do a double quote, cause I have something to say to both of you, but only have the ability to quote one of you at a time."

quote once, highlight it and copy it...

then quote the next person, past the first it above it and then write your second answer

M

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sync

i usally copy and paste

hit the quote button put your reply under it cut it or copy it, than hit the quote button again reply and than paste your previous message

or if your a computer god, use the quotes blocks." much head ache though unless you use to it"

Iron Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Iron Apollo

Sync says:

"Whats with the knock off battles :(also did we not do a jla vs stormwatch thing ?Well if you go by the bio here, apollo has limted solar storage, while super man just soaks it up. Also the more apollo seems to extert himself, the more he drains it.If i go by the comics superman seems to have more of a background to say what he is cabaple of? Apollo"sun king" just does not seem to have that much of a well define history or background to give insight into his full ablity.Superman can run right behind flash, and was faster before flash acess and learned to use the speed force, and even than superman is still impressive and fast.He broke though green lanterns will power " and no im not talking about superboy prime, he did like 32 of them or all of the crops :)"Overall, i will say superman, hopely someone will come that can give us more insight into apollo"sun king", for i lack info about him, i just dont follow that line of comics."

If anyone would know some crazy info and be able to prove Apollo could win, it would most likely be Buckshot.

Methos says:

"i'm backing Superman on one fact...all of Apollo's powers, such his head vision and blasts, are basically solar radiation... which would make Superman stronger rather than hurt him lolM"

I thought about that but, didn't know if his powers came off as solar radiation. The More You Know! with that I am not sure Apollo could win even if his Super strength, speed, and invulnerability were par with supermans.

Thanks Duders

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Methos

yeah, that works...

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Methos

well buckshot has just come online, so he's probably gonna pop in here and astound us with his apollo knowledge

M

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#11  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Superman has this one. Apollo could only hope to face him on a full charge, but even then, not for very long. Apollo uses his power up pretty fast (faster when he uses his laser vision, but still at a decent rate of speed when just fighting with his fists) so he wouldn't be at his best for long enough to do anythng. His laser vision would not only drain him quickly, but woud also most likely fuel Superman. Even on his better days though, his strength and speed are not on Superman's level. His durability is pretty good though. He's been punched around the world (literally) when he wasn't even fully charged and gotten back up to fight.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Methos

there we go...

knew he wouldn't let us down lol

now for Engineer Vs Green Lantern lol

M

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Methos says:

"there we go... knew he wouldn't let us down lol now for Engineer Vs Green Lantern lol M"

Keep up the "knock off battles", I like em.

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sync

LOL, sigh no more knock offs lol

wow did everyone just agree superman?????

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Methos

number 3 is up and running now...

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Methos

yeah...

everyone actually backed Superman in a battle...

weird lol

M

Iron Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Iron Apollo

Buckshot says:

"Superman has this one. Apollo could only hope to face him on a full charge, but even then, not for very long. Apollo uses his power up pretty fast (faster when he uses his laser vision, but still at a decent rate of speed when just fighting with his fists) so he wouldn't be at his best for long enough to do anythng. His laser vision would not only drain him quickly, but woud also most likely fuel Superman. Even on his better days though, his strength and speed are not on Superman's level. His durability is pretty good though. He's been punched around the world (literally) when he wasn't even fully charged and gotten back up to fight."

That was the other thing I wasn't sure about, How fast do Apollos' powers deplete, thanks Bucky Baby (Yes I am trapped in a Rat Pack Movie right now). Also, Can Apollo Actually Fly into Space, I think I read stratosphere on his page, and if so would he be able to fly nearer to the sun, and soak up more energy, therefore making him more powerful. And thanks for letting us/Me know about his super strength, speed, and invulnerability. The More You Know! (For those of you who don't know, or don't remember "The More You Know" was a saturday morning public servive anouncement on NBC)

Iron Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Iron Apollo

yeah we all did just back superman, I hope this never happens again, too much peace in the vine will be its downfall

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Methos

it's a first...

damnit everyones going to be getting along soon...

M

Iron Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Iron Apollo

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By the creator

Apollo has been listed as being able to only lift approx 10,000 tonnes I think (in an official Wildstorm RPG publication). This pales in to insignificance aginst Supermans strength.

However I am not sure that his 'Laser vision' would power superman. Although Apollo absorbs solar/light energy, we don't know that the energy he projects is of the particular wavelengths that Superman can absorb. Just because they show it as 'yellow' don't make it normal sunlight.

Superman cannot absorb most lasers, as they focus on one wavelenth of the EM spectrum, not the normal sunlight compositional range.

I agree that Superman easil;y wins this battle though.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Iron Apollo says:

"That was the other thing I wasn't sure about, How fast do Apollos' powers deplete, thanks Bucky Baby (Yes I am trapped in a Rat Pack Movie right now). Also, Can Apollo Actually Fly into Space, I think I read stratosphere on his page, and if so would he be able to fly nearer to the sun, and soak up more energy, therefore making him more powerful. And thanks for letting us/Me know about his super strength, speed, and invulnerability. "

Space flight is one of Apollo abilities. He doesn't feel cold and he can turn off his breathing. I don't know how exactly he does it. Angie asked him once and he said something like, "I just don't breathe." I think the bests display for speed was him flying halfway around the world in 30 seconds (not fully charged) but I can't recall anything for reaction time. And for strength, he once destroyed a huge chunk of a ship that had "a docking by the size of a continent" (so maybe the whole thing was as big as a planet). I don't know if that his best strength feat (it's not really strength anyway, he just crashed into it) but that's what I'm remembering.

Iron Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Iron Apollo

This music goes off in my head every time I learn something new, thanks NBC

Iron Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Iron Apollo

Buckshot says:

"Iron Apollo says:
"That was the other thing I wasn't sure about, How fast do Apollos' powers deplete, thanks Bucky Baby (Yes I am trapped in a Rat Pack Movie right now). Also, Can Apollo Actually Fly into Space, I think I read stratosphere on his page, and if so would he be able to fly nearer to the sun, and soak up more energy, therefore making him more powerful. And thanks for letting us/Me know about his super strength, speed, and invulnerability. "

Space flight is one of Apollo abilities. He doesn't feel cold and he can turn off his breathing. I don't know how exactly he does it. Angie asked him once and he said something like, "I just don't breathe." I think the bests display for speed was him flying halfway around the world in 30 seconds (not fully charged) but I can't recall anything for reaction time. And for strength, he once destroyed a huge chunk of a ship that had "a docking by the size of a continent" (so maybe the whole thing was as big as a planet). I don't know if that his best strength feat (it's not really strength anyway, he just crashed into it) but that's what I'm remembering."

Hmmm, Thanks, "The More You Know"

This guy is in one if those crime dramas I despise, but He's also FreakShow in "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle" who would of thunk it, The More YOU Know!

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lordraiden

I thought Superman was the sun king lol Superman makes Midnighter single :-(

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers