User Lists: 0

batfamily both rounds FTW

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Umm, how the hell does Raiden not solo stomp in Round 2??? Unless the OP is planning on holding him back. Like no ridiculous over the top feats he has in Revengeance????

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'm ignoring Raiden for round 2.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

MG team.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

Umm, how the hell does Raiden not solo stomp in Round 2??? Unless the OP is planning on holding him back. Like no ridiculous over the top feats he has in Revengeance????

Because in round 2 you have people like Batman Beyond, who for standard gear, has a batsuit, that can tank pretty much everything...Cassandra Cain, who's faster than a bullet, and can read Body-Language, which allows her to know what her opponents will do long before, they actually do anything...Azrael, who besides his gear + skills, is a 10 toner...and Steph, who besides being trained by both Batman and Cassandra Cain, received a considerable upgrade, from Spoiler to Batgirl...i think those, are some pretty good reasons why Raiden does not solo stomp in Round 2.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Bat-Family on both rounds... despite my being a fanatic on Metal Gear - I'm going with Bat-Family, bias aside.

- TAS

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Batfamily take it

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

Because in round 2 you have people like Batman Beyond, who for standard gear, has a batsuit, that can tank pretty much everything...Cassandra Cain, who's faster than a bullet, and can read Body-Language, which allows her to know what her opponents will do long before, they actually do anything...Azrael, who besides his gear + skills, is a 10 toner...and Steph, who besides being trained by both Batman and Cassandra Cain, received a considerable upgrade, from Spoiler to Batgirl...i think those, are some pretty good reasons why Raiden does not solo stomp in Round 2.

Didn't Raiden hold back a submarine?

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc said:

@lukehero said:

Lmao!...that's above street-level, IMO!...that's a feat Wonder Woman would preform...anyyway, does he have a way to do anything to Terry?...cause, his batsuit has tanked hits from Superman...also, how is he going to tagg Cassie?...and what's stopping a serious Azrael from K.O'ing him with one punch?

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always saw Metal Gear characters as being around Captain America in stats, or slightly below...which means "Peak-human".

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

Lmao!...that's above street-level, IMO!...that's a feat Wonder Woman would preform...anyyway, does he have a way to do anything to Terry?...cause, his batsuit has tanked hits from Superman...also, how is he going to tagg Cassie?...and what's stopping a serious Azrael from K.O'ing him with one punch?

I don't know much about this Raiden.

The only Raiden I know is the one from MGR.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc said:

@monsterstomp said:

I don't know much about this Raiden.

The only Raiden I know is the one from MGR.

I don't either...a friend of mine, had many metal gear games, and some time ago, i used to play some for fun, but i was never a big fan, though the game is cool...Prince Of Persia, and Devil May Cry, are more my sort of thing...that's why i'm surprised to hear that Raiden can actually hold back a submarine...i didn't knew that some metal gear characters had that level of physical strengh...anyway, i still don't see what any of them would be able to do to Terry...nor do i see how they would tagg Cassie...and i'm pretty sure that Azrael is much stronger than them, minus that version of Raiden.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

I guess Bat family in both rounds

SS2085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SS2085

Snake Family wins round one pretty easy.

Boss or Solid can match Batman based on their Meta Human feat. Solidus would have his super suit granting him Bullet time speed and super strength, as well the doc ock tentacles. Liquid is the only featless one here, and he is suppose to be as physical close to Snake.

Meanwhile Catwoman, and Batgirl (Barbra) are nowhere in the league of Damien, Nightwing, or Batman. they get taken out early probably by Solidus alone.

Dodges easy a shot Grenade and its blast with his fast movements.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Here he blitzes Olga, and moves faster than Raiden or Olga can see when blasting in. He also takes down 3 Rays with his super amped gun and suit stats.

Loading Video...

Here he shows bullet timing with swords against a Heavy Machine gun of all things, and shows the missiles energy attacks of the suit.

Did people forget how tough Solidus is?

Avatar image for deactivated-6314d3d11bddb
deactivated-6314d3d11bddb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batfamily...unless raiden solos

Avatar image for deactivated-6314d3d11bddb
deactivated-6314d3d11bddb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By mickey-mouse

@bat_girl_cc: Yeah Raiden is not street level and he has a special sword, so he could slice through any of these characters like a hot knife through butter.

Batfamily both rounds if we take away Raiden though, who shouldn't be here in the first place.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

Raiden solos, ignoring Raiden the bat family takes this

ApolIo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ApolIo

@bat_girl_cc said:

@lukehero said:

Raiden held back a submarine, tossed a 600+ ton Metal Gear around like a ragdoll, runs at supersonic speeds, cuts missles in half missles, and deflects tank gatling fire while looking in a different direction.

His sword is capable of easily slicing through tanks, and the much more durable Metal Gear REX

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Bat Family

R2: Snake Family

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By renamed040924

Look at the pictures. This is human Raiden.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm curious to hear some reasoning on why everyone is going with the Bat Family. IMO Damian and Steph are pretty big weak links, and Catwoman isn't up to snuff with the big boys either. Batman and Nightwing are one thing, but I don't see either of those three holding their own against any of the Snakes for more than a couple minutes (this is why I gave the Bat Family five fighters against four in round 1, to even things out)

In round 2, EVA and Meryl are slight weak links, but I'd argue either of them are still above Stephanie. Raiden can lock swords with Azrael for sure, and Ocelot and Boss both have advantages over Cassandra and Terry. With their numbers advantage, I feel like team Snake has a good shot at winning.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 juiceboks  Moderator

Lol, the Bat family gets curbstomped R1. The only character that can stand his ground against the MGS is Batman..everyone else gets destroyed in a 1v1 encounter.

R2 is closer..but Cain and Azrael can't carry their team. Terry is overrated.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm curious to hear some reasoning on why everyone is going with the Bat Family. IMO Damian and Steph are pretty big weak links, and Catwoman isn't up to snuff with the big boys either. Batman and Nightwing are one thing, but I don't see either of those three holding their own against any of the Snakes for more than a couple minutes (this is why I gave the Bat Family five fighters against four in round 1, to even things out)

In round 2, EVA and Meryl are slight weak links, but I'd argue either of them are still above Stephanie. Raiden can lock swords with Azrael for sure, and Ocelot and Boss both have advantages over Cassandra and Terry. With their numbers advantage, I feel like team Snake has a good shot at winning.

Nick is Metal Gear nut hugging again :D

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By renamed040924

@juiceboks said:

Lol, the Bat family gets curbstomped R1. The only character that can stand his ground against the MGS is Batman..everyone else gets destroyed in a 1v1 encounter.

R2 is closer..but Cain and Azrael can't carry their team. Terry is overrated.

Really now? That's new -- you don't think Dick stands a chance against any of the Snakes at all? The Bat Family also has a numbers advantage which could turn the tides.

In round 2 I would actually think Terry to be stronger than Azrael, but that's just me.

@wolverine08 said:

@nickzambuto said:

Nick is Metal Gear nut hugging again :D

Always.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll make this post in every thread where i see it: there is no New 52 "version" of Batman. His continuity is 99% intact. He is the same character. It's like saying Bendis version of Daredevil.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll make this post in every thread where i see it: there is no New 52 "version" of Batman. His continuity is 99% intact. He is the same character. It's like saying Bendis version of Daredevil.

I disagree. The New 52 is a new universe, we know that many events pre 52 also occurred in this universe, but at the same time, there are enough differences that we can't take pre 52 feats at anything more than face value. For example, the fact that Mr. Freeze is almost a totally different character would obviously have some impacts on how his battles with Batman went down. 99% intact is a big exaggeration, everything has been condensed into 5 years so obviously some things are different or taken out.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 juiceboks  Moderator

@nickzambuto: I guess he "stands a chance" in the sense that he could give MAYBE Liquid a good fight. But Solid, Big Boss, and Solidus would beat him quite handily.

Terry lacks the skills, physical stats, and experience the others have. His suit makes him the most durable to blunt force, but since most of team 2 uses either guns or swords that really shouldn't matter.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: It happened, just crammed into five years. 99% isn't an exaggeration at all. Some things are different sure, most it the same. Characters like Batman and Hal Jordan had very few changes to their continuity. New 52 versions is just a way for people to nerf the characters.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: I guess he "stands a chance" in the sense that he could give MAYBE Liquid a good fight. But Solid, Big Boss, and Solidus would beat him quite handily.

Even though Liquid by far has the least amount of feats, he's the closest one to Solid Snake's level and might even be above Big Boss, so just by powerscaling, Solidus is probably the weak link of round 1 (even with his suit, there's no way he could defeat either of his brothers or father)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c3aa070510fb
deactivated-5c3aa070510fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: It happened, just crammed into five years. 99% isn't an exaggeration at all. Some things are different sure, most it the same. Characters like Batman and Hal Jordan had very few changes to their continuity. New 52 versions is just a way for people to nerf the characters.

It's a new continuity, the fact that there are ANY changes at all proves that, and means we can't trust any feats from pre 52 because who knows exactly how things went down. The basic storyline is the same, but how can we know if that specific instant in Batman #568 where he dodged a bullet happened the same way in both continuities?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Because the current writer of Batman has said everything happened unless directly contradicted? Like I said, it is just a way for people to nerd Batman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter said:

@nickzambuto: Because the current writer of Batman has said everything happened unless directly contradicted? Like I said, it is just a way for people to nerd Batman.

Well actually I am not sure if Snyder agrees with what DC said. What DC said was anything that happened in a bat book or green lantern book is still in continuity. I personally don't think there any different but if we are really splitting hairs than anything that happened in say a justice league, event, or guest appearance for batman (unless that guest showing is green lantern) is technically non canon in the new 52.

EDIT: Regardless these things are up to the OP with what they want to limit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drago666: The Justice League series with Darkseid occurs like five years in the past. But you're right, for this fight, only New 52 like the OP stipulated. But 99% of Batman's continuity is canon.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On another note its great to see stephanie brown in a battle forum. I haven't read as much as I like to with her but I would like to learn more.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drago666: The Justice League series with Darkseid occurs like five years in the past. But you're right, for this fight, only New 52 like the OP stipulated. But 99% of Batman's continuity is canon.

Its not. The source which says batmans continuity wasn't heavily affected says bat books and green lantern books are the same. So it would be more like 75% of the continuity is the same. All though I personally wouldn't mind using all of his previous feats since its not like he got a power upgrade but that could just be me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drago666: I use all his previous feats in discussion. And since the Justice League encounter with Darkseid happened in the past, a lot of his Justice League stuff could be assumed to have happened. And if all the bat books are unaffected, like it should be, then most of his continuity is intact. But like you said, we're splitting hairs here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drago666: I use all his previous feats in discussion. And since the Justice League encounter with Darkseid happened in the past, a lot of his Justice League stuff could be assumed to have happened. And if all the bat books are unaffected, like it should be, then most of his continuity is intact. But like you said, we're splitting hairs here.

Thing is your assuming technically. I personally don't mind the use of those feats but well yea....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drago666: Why should we assume they are out of continuity?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drago666: Why should we assume they are out of continuity?

Because there is no evidence they are still in continuity, it would make little sense if they were, and DC has never said these showings were unaffected from the reboot. Only the showings in bat books and green lantern books.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drago666: There is no evidence they were changed, they easily could have happened in the timeline, and there is no reason to believe they didn't happen. But arguing continuity is an exercise in futility, I just use all the feats because the character hasn't changed, so why couldn't he have performed all those feats?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drago666: There is no evidence they were changed, they easily could have happened in the timeline, and there is no reason to believe they didn't happen. But arguing continuity is an exercise in futility, I just use all the feats because the character hasn't changed, so why couldn't he have performed all those feats?

The entire universe was rebooted and DC never specified those showings were unchanged but you want to assume they weren't anyways? That needs backing to it. I can agree with the latter half.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 juiceboks  Moderator

@nickzambuto: I would agree with Liquid being the closest to Snake's level, but it's just his lack of feats that makes debating for him difficult. Regardless, Dick would lose to him and Solidus.