Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By RedHotStar

Image Comics

Rogue Sun Respect Thread

I recently noticed this was a thing and I was wondering if this is eligible to be here?

Also, Rogue Sun is from the Massive-Verse which is a franchise published by Image Comics but afaik doesn't co-exist with the main characters in the brand so maybe you'd want to separate it into a separate category within the image section? Not quite sure how I'd go about it exactly, but maybe separate every Image Comics series in the section like how it is in the anime and manga section. Just a suggestion of course.

And thanks!

@professorrespect

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Image Comics

Rogue Sun Respect Thread

I recently noticed this was a thing and I was wondering if this is eligible to be here?

Also, Rogue Sun is from the Massive-Verse which is a franchise published by Image Comics but afaik doesn't co-exist with the main characters in the brand so maybe you'd want to separate it into a separate category within the image section? Not quite sure how I'd go about it exactly, but maybe separate every Image Comics series in the section like how it is in the anime and manga section. Just a suggestion of course.

And thanks!

@professorrespect

Thank you for your request: in response to your wider question, the reason why the Image Comics series is the way it looks is because the vast majority of RT's on there come from Spawn or Invincible: it would be pretty pointless to separate it into series when there's only two there lol. That and I'd also have to do that for the rest of the comics as well, which frankly is ineffective given the vast differences in categorisation between the weeb and comic stuff. Let me explain with a example:

Naruto only has one series to keep track of with self-isolated characters....not much to stick them all in the same place.

Daredevil has numerous different versions throughout the decades, characters that aren't self-isolated and appear all over the place, so you have cases where guys like Kingpin are in the aforementioned, but then they show up in Spider-Man and Avengers in major roles, so you have to add them there as well...it would look like a mess. I get where you are coming from but such a thing would be wildly impractical. Keep up the good work with the indie RT content though.

RedHotStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Thank you! I appreciate the detailed response and I get what you mean. Also definitely expect more of my RT’s coming your way!

Avatar image for chris2kzombieki
chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spideraty15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chives_qte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soundwave RT (IDW) Citations to come when I’m through with other things

Kronos RT (PJO), I’ll be adding more stuff in the coming weeks.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: When creating this thread, I was considering a composite version of Alduin.

Games

Alduin Respect Thread

@koays said:

@professorrespect Yo! I think Cable's RT qualifies now. But let me know if it doesn't since I still have additions to make

@mr-yes said:

Soundwave RT (IDW) Citations to come when I’m through with other things

Kronos RT (PJO), I’ll be adding more stuff in the coming weeks.

All done.

InfiniteMass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Is there a Cyborg respect thread? Specifically post flashpoint version? I heard he's pretty op in modern times to the point where he fought Darkseid 1v1 and can instantly regenerate from nothing

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Is there a Cyborg respect thread? Specifically post flashpoint version? I heard he's pretty op in modern times to the point where he fought Darkseid 1v1 and can instantly regenerate from nothing

There's a bad Reddit one but that doesn't count.

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Oh man, don't tell me I'm going to have to take the mantle of being the Cyborg guy. This is like not having a Aquaman respect thread lol

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Oh man, don't tell me I'm going to have to take the mantle of being the Cyborg guy. This is like not having a Aquaman respect thread lol

It is what it is, I suppose. You'd be surprised how many mainline characters don't have reliable sources.

RobertMiles1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

imo the way a respect thread should always work is that only the character's few or several highest showings per kind of ability (strength speed etc) should be put in bc that not only narrows it down but once u have shown those there is no point in the lesser ones. i mean yes lifting a 1 megaton rock and dropping it on the destroyer is not bad but its nothing compared to yanking up the midgardsormr from a boat floating in space

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

imo the way a respect thread should always work is that only the character's few or several highest showings per kind of ability (strength speed etc) should be put in bc that not only narrows it down but once u have shown those there is no point in the lesser ones. i mean yes lifting a 1 megaton rock and dropping it on the destroyer is not bad but its nothing compared to yanking up the midgardsormr from a boat floating in space

That's a high-end focus, which RT's shouldn't just be drawing on etc. Just my opinion though.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psiviners319 would you like to add in the rest of your RT's here etc

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PsiViners319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#73  Edited By PsiViners319
@professorrespect said:

Sorry it took a bit. A combination of getting consensus for permission and getting some actual motivation to log on (the last one was the real reason why it took so long). Lol! Here is the list from the X-Men Psychic Respect Threads list. Forewarning though, it will continue to be updated as we add new RT's. So......

Eternals:

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:

Sorry it took a bit. A combination of getting consensus for permission and getting some actual motivation to log on (the last one was the real reason why it took so long). Lol! Here is the list from the X-Men Psychic Respect Threads list. Forewarning though, it will continue to be updated as we add new RT's. So......

Eternals:

done

Avatar image for johnpeterbanana
johnpeterbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: "Prof of the Vine, what is your wisdom?"

In all seriousness though, I am thinking about making a small contribution here, but since I am (or will be) a rookie at this, I figured I'd ask a RT veteran a couple questions as to not make a fool of myself (at least not publicly):

• What are your thoughts on using external links (like Imgur) when making a RT?

I personally find it unappealing overrelying on external sites when gathering feats given I've already lost a fair amount when said sites have shut down in the past (RIP Gfycat), so any advice as to how to go around would be highly appreciated.

• Is there a problem with being slightly behind on new releases?

At least when it comes to series of foreign origins (mainly anime or manga), I try to keep up with the official releases. This means there will be a delay of it being officially translated and me getting ahold of it. Since I am planning on specifying as to which chapter or volume the RT covers, there shouldn't be any problem, but I figured I'd ask anyways.

Finally, in case I find it in myself to complete all my unfinished RT projects, I hope to have your guidance and advice should I mess up somewhere since I already know I will.

That's it for now. Peace.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnpeterbanana: Thank you for the kind words. I'll try to answer your questions as accurately as possible.

What are your thoughts on using external links (like Imgur) when making a RT?

I personally find it unappealing overrelying on external sites when gathering feats given I've already lost a fair amount when said sites have shut down in the past (RIP Gfycat), so any advice as to how to go around would be highly appreciated

I'm fine with RT's that do use it, but I myself don't like the process. It's more work to stick something up on a external source, it's easier to make up context (because the user reading can't see what you are describing unless they click on the actual link) and as you said you are at the mercy of whatever site you choose. There have been plenty of RT's messed up by image-hosting websites shutting down (which is often given the immense server stress they quickly have to handle with) and even the reliable ones like Imgur regularly shut down and censor content to appeal to their more traditional backers.

I prefer just uploading on CV and that's it. If CV goes then cool, no one will be able to read them anyway. I'm putting all of my eggs in one basket that I own rather than multiple that occasionally someone steals a few out of.

• Is there a problem with being slightly behind on new releases?

At least when it comes to series of foreign origins (mainly anime or manga), I try to keep up with the official releases. This means there will be a delay of it being officially translated and me getting ahold of it. Since I am planning on specifying as to which chapter or volume the RT covers, there shouldn't be any problem, but I figured I'd ask anyways

For me at least this hasn't been a huge issue (because many of them show up in a few comics at best per year) for the more popular ones it's a bit harder but if you are committed enough then you can keep track of it.

Trust me when I say that the vast majority of people don't really care a whole lot that x and y wasn't included from some obscure issue that came out last week. It's not something to stress about at all.

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Agmine570
Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers