The Punisher vs. The Purge

BarrenThin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BarrenThin

Before reading further, read this. It is important to understand that Frank's actual battle with the 'Purgers' is a minor factor in this. The central focus is how much a difference he could make, overall.

So I was finally forced to watch the Purge the other day, and all I could think about was how amusing it would be to watch characters like the Punisher, Jason Todd, and Judge Dredd (With morals off, at least) run amok during this event. Then, a few things crossed my mind. (Frank is the subject of this one because he's my favorite of the bunch)

1. Would Frank be overwhelmed by the sheer number of criminals?

2. Would he be able to significantly lower the body count of the innocents during the Purge? If so, how? I know he can't be everywhere, but could he really save anyone?

3. Finally, and most importantly, would anyone go out 'Purging' when someone like Frank was basically going around, shooting people up? Just like in the last point, I know he can't drive all over America, but would anyone want to go out 'Purging', knowing he'd be looking for 'Purgers' even after the Purge ends?

Avatar image for thesacredonewithin
TheSacredOneWithin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

# Strength in numbers. Most of the Purgers wonder around in gangs with modified cars and tracks full to the brim with weapons.

1. Most likely.

2. No. He might able to linger around in the shadows and pick people off, but that's about it.

3. Yes. Purgers in organised groups like the first one would definitely.

Overall he would make no difference.

Hungry_Sharky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) No

2) He'd save a lot of people, but definitely not everybody.

3) Interesting thought.. I don't think that he could track down the sheer amount of murderers though so I think people would be like "Nah, it would never be ME that he tracks down".

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

1) No

3) Interesting thought.. I don't think that he could track down the sheer amount of murderers though so I think people would be like "Nah, it would never be ME that he tracks down".

This.

Archanfel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) NO.

2) Only a few people, more would die than be saved.

3) Definitely.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rogueshadow  Moderator

@hungry_sharky said:

1) No

This.

themongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By themongoose

1.Maybe but if he did go out he would take as many purgers as possible.

2.He would save few people

3.Yes because people are stupid.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@i_like_swords said:

@hungry_sharky said:

1) No

This.

jimboa26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) Absolutely not. Frank is a special ops-trained soldier who has only gotten more lethal and become more brilliant a tactician as time has gone on, with an entire arsenal of explosives and firearms, all of which he can expertly use. He's a master of taking down large numbers of enemies by ambushing them, picking them off, or simply bombing them all to hell.The Purgers are just pissed-off, homicidal average joes whose only real strength is in numbers. They'd be nothing more than cannon fodder in a Punisher shooting gallery.

2) I don't know about saving people...the Punisher has never really been much of a hero; he's much better at killing people who need to be killed than saving people. That said, if he comes across some innocents who are about to be killed by a mob of Purgers, then it's those innocent people's lucky day.

3) That's actually a question that's raised a lot in the comic books: does knowing that the Punisher is out there really deter crime? I'm going to have to go with the answer that the comic books ultimately give: no, it doesn't.

Avatar image for kamrincdisandro
KamrinCDiSandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes on 1 & 3 No on 2 for a few reasons.

1. In Daredevil of the NETFLIX series The Punnisher he was arested he was locked with free criminals keep in mind the punisher only had a small dagger which wouldn't do much and he came out and kill everyone. Also the dude was able to take on Spider-Man, Daredevil, Wolverine, and the Hulk. Lets also not forget Punnisher once killed the entire MARVEL Universe. The Purge dosent really have medi-human like characters if they did the Purge would not even matter.

2. Would he spare people if they are innocent again in Season 2 of Daredevil it states the reason why he kills people is because in his eyes they deserves it.

3. It dose pay effect to his destination, but considering the Punnisher is unstopable i think people will try to avoid them, but they would have to leave the country if they want to get away from the punnished.

Bottom line Punnisher would kill anyone in the purge because his worst fear is that the USA is already corupted, and he kills for a living because the Law is nothing to him.

So answer yeah Punisher would kill the entire Purge.