User Lists: 1

#3 geekryan  Online
king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The New Gods are similar to the Eternals in that they all have different levels of physiology and special traits, right?

Avatar image for namelessmonster
NamelessMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#5  Edited By NamelessMonster

@geekryan said:

@namelessmonster: ALL of the New Gods?

Yeah, all of the pictured ones (I don't know if I include Darkseid, he is kinda a jobber so he won't stick out so much above Orion)

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 geekryan  Online

Assuming the P5 distribute their power as each member is defeated, whoever is left standing in the end will get the full Phoenix Force and then win.

The telepathy round definitely goes to the P5, since I don't recall most of the New Gods having any notable psychic defences on that level.

NamelessMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The New Gods are similar to the Eternals in that they all have different levels of physiology and special traits, right?

I guess they are different, I mean New Gods are somewhat special, dunno about if they can resist certain types of power.

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_majestros said:

I guess they are different, I mean New Gods are somewhat special, dunno about if they can resist certain types of power.

That's how I picture them, though. Different in terms of physical strengths and special traits. I know Orion is probably the most powerful and I believe has given Superman a run for his fists, but I'm not sure on the others.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1- The New Gods start by stomping until there is 1 Dark Phoenix which is when they get stomped

Round 2- Emma Solos

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Takion, Black Racer, Miracle, Orion and Mantis are more than enough

R2: IDK. Motherbox shields its users from TP but not sure if it can block Phoenix. Metron and perhaps Takion has the best chance against TP.

Avatar image for deactivated-63abc1f72d85e
deactivated-63abc1f72d85e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UltraPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By UltraPhoenix

Looks like that's Takion with the new gods there, what's the Phoenix Five's resistance to time manipulation like? Takion could freeze them in time in Round 1, so can Metron. If the P5 can resist it they'll probably win over time.

Round 2 I'd probably favour the P5, New God tech may be able to prevent TP but only if they start using it fast enough.

NamelessMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NamelessMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Don't know that much about the Eternals but yes, the New Gods all have different individual skill sets and abilities.

Out of the pictured gods, five of them have high-tier stats and additional powers, two are transcendental entities, two or three are low-level superhumans with great skill, a couple are cosmic-level geniuses and all the others have some specific hax or special power.

The most consistent ability among all the New Gods is a far superior understanding and handling of technology. Pretty much any new God, no matter how relatively weak, is capable of building and utilizing high-tech sci-fi devices.

On-topic:

Each individual member of the Phoenix Five should get absolutely stomped against so many decently powerful New Gods. If the Phoenix Force reaches full power, it may solo.

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_majestros said:

Don't know that much about the Eternals but yes, the New Gods all have different individual skill sets and abilities.

Out of the pictured gods, five of them have high-tier stats and additional powers, two are transcendental entities, two or three are low-level superhumans with great skill, a couple are cosmic-level geniuses and all the others have some specific hax or special power.

The most consistent ability among all the New Gods is a far superior understanding and handling of technology. Pretty much any new God, no matter how relatively weak, is capable of building and utilizing high-tech sci-fi devices.

On-topic:

Each individual member of the Phoenix Five should get absolutely stomped against so many decently powerful New Gods. If the Phoenix Force reaches full power, it may solo.

Hasn't Jean Grey, as the Phoenix (green get-up) and not at full-power, beat a hungry Galactus before? Wouldn't that imply that, when divided into 5 portions and given to 5 powerful characters in their own right (particularly Emma and Namor), support the idea that the Phoenix Five could beat many of the New Gods on their own?

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:

Assuming the P5 distribute their power as each member is defeated, whoever is left standing in the end will get the full Phoenix Force and then win.

The telepathy round definitely goes to the P5, since I don't recall most of the New Gods having any notable psychic defences on that level.

All the Apokolips New Gods demonstrated resistance to Martian telepathy. It took all the Martians combining their telepathic powers to generate a psychic wave powerful enough to affect them. And I don't mean all the present-day surviving Martians, I mean the entire Green Martian society eons ago before the species went extinct.

When they were visited by the New Gods they couldn't read their thoughts or understand their true intentions.

@geekryan said:

@namelessmonster: ALL of the New Gods?

Yeah, all of the pictured ones (I don't know if I include Darkseid, he is kinda a jobber so he won't stick out so much above Orion)

By feats Darkseid is still way above Orion. And save for a couple of badly-written instances where he jobbed against Superman, he really doesn't have that many jobber showings throughout the Post-Crisis years. Most of their fights have context. The only really embarassing examples were losing a solo fight in "Apokolips Now" (by far the worst one) and giving up a fight by teleporting Superman away at the very beginning of the Post-Crisis continuity. And I've seen several people claim that when he teleported Superman away he was actually Desaad in disguise, although I haven't read the comic where that was mentioned.

ashrym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ashrym
No Caption Provided

:D

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym said:
No Caption Provided

:D

That's effin' funny.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By geekryan  Online

@ouroborik said:

@geekryan said:

All the Apokolips New Gods demonstrated resistance to Martian telepathy. It took all the Martians combining their telepathic powers to generate a psychic wave powerful enough to affect them. And I don't mean all the present-day surviving Martians, I mean the entire Green Martian society eons ago before the species went extinct.

When they were visited by the New Gods they couldn't read their thoughts or understand their true intentions.

Is that consistent though?

Because Maxima has owned Orion with a TP bolt, and P5 Emma Frost's telepathy >>>>> Maxima's telepathy.

NamelessMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

NamelessMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3rd Bump

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:

@ouroborik said:

@geekryan said:

Is that consistent though?

Because Maxima has owned Orion with a TP bolt, and P5 Emma Frost's telepathy >>>>> Maxima's telepathy.

I'd say it's more consistent than the "Panic in the Sky" stuff with Maxima.

That story arc is the only time I recall where New Gods displayed such a vulnerability to telepathy.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m not sure if this has been answered; does all the pictured New Gods include Darkseid? That is certainly a big factor for their team, although the Phoenix Five regardless has a superior overall level of power. The Phoenix Force is certainly above Darkseid.

That said, I’m sure there is some clever stuff people could imagine for the Fourth World team. For instance someone has already brought up Metron’s time based abilities.

ashrym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ouroborik: The New Gods were susceptible to TP during World's End too.

NIGHT-WING-ZAI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The P5 but LMFAO at Emma soloing

Avatar image for deactivated-607b62fa8763f
deactivated-607b62fa8763f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The New Gods

NamelessMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m not sure if this has been answered; does all the pictured New Gods include Darkseid? That is certainly a big factor for their team, although the Phoenix Five regardless has a superior overall level of power. The Phoenix Force is certainly above Darkseid.

That said, I’m sure there is some clever stuff people could imagine for the Fourth World team. For instance someone has already brought up Metron’s time based abilities.

Yeah, Darkseid is included.

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym said:

Is that the New 52 Earth-2 saga? I'm going by Pre-Flashpoint only since the Op stated "Post-Crisis" and most New Gods became completely different characters in the New 52.

@namelessmonster said:
@amendment50 said:

Yeah, Darkseid is included.

Takion, Highfather or Metron could literally freeze time

Orion, Highfather, Darkseid or Mr Miracle can revive people

Takion can just remove their powers in general smh

How could Mr Miracle or Orion revive people? Mr Miracle could only do that using the Alpha Effect and he gave up almost all of it to the Wizard Shazam after the Genesis event.

Orion and Scott also had the Anti-Life Equation to bring back corpses but Orion's was temporary and Scott absolutely refused to use his as far as he was in-character.

With that said, yeah, I don't see all these powerhouses losing agaisnt a divided Phoenix.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@geekryan said:

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

P5 both rounds. New Gods would take the lead until there's one of the five left who then inherits the full Phoenix Force.

ashrym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym said:

Is that the New 52 Earth-2 saga? I'm going by Pre-Flashpoint only since the Op stated "Post-Crisis" and most New Gods became completely different characters in the New 52.

That's a fair point, but Raven used her psychic abilities to drain Orion of his rage during the JLA vs Titans limited series too for a post crisis example. I'm not sure the resistance is consistent.

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym said:
@ouroborik said:
@ashrym said:

That's a fair point, but Raven used her psychic abilities to drain Orion of his rage during the JLA vs Titans limited series too for a post crisis example. I'm not sure the resistance is consistent.

I actually haven't read JLA vs Titans, will have to check it out.