The Mad God (Insane) Genis Vell vs Hecate (DC)

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Battle is on Earth

• Morals are off for both characters, bloodlust on
  • BFR is allowed
  • Win by KO, Death or Incapacitation (including permanent BFR)
GodGate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mad God since Magic is fodder these days lol.

Avatar image for donotdenyyourfate
Donotdenyyourfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godgate said:

Mad God since Magic is fodder these days lol.

how is magic fodder, when this is literally the godess of magic who was belittling gods and shaking up the multiverse with just a fraction of her power

thebuckaronatr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thebuckaronatr

Hecate wins in a comfortable way.

thebuckaronatr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By thebuckaronatr

Hecate is the best proof for the opposite.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People who don't read the comics act like their subjective opinion holds weight.... Hecate stomps

freestyler1999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hecate probably.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: what makes you say she stomps? I felt these 2 were relatively even. One ended a multiverse and a multiversal being (twice) the other affects and manipulates a multiverse and other multiversal beings.

Pretty heavily in Hecate’s favor here. I am somewhat surprised.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01: Witching Hour Wonder Woman basically

has the majority of Hecates power which is the source most magic in DC, put a barrier around the Multiverse and pretty much stomped the Upside-Down Man who is the manifestation of all dark magic in DCs negative multiverse. Unless Genis Cell has some serious argument for him, I'm inclined to believe he loses badly

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donotdenyyourfate

@supermanwithatan01: Witching Hour Wonder Woman basically

has the majority of Hecates power which is the source most magic in DC, put a barrier around the Multiverse and pretty much stomped the Upside-Down Man who is the manifestation of all dark magic in DCs negative multiverse. Unless Genis Cell has some serious argument for him, I'm inclined to believe he loses badly

I'm more knowledgeable on Genis Vell than I am on Hecate but @donotdenyyourfate has filled me in a bit on Hecate and what makes her such a beast!! I personally believed them to be a stalemate.

Anyway here are some of Genis Vell's feats: (copied from another thread I posted in)

• Survived destruction of the multiverse (which he caused)
  • Killed Eternity, an uber-Multiversal being. It should be noted that Eternity wanted to to die (the first time), and did allow Entropy and Genis Vell to "bind him". This is still tremendously impressive for 2 reasons: 1) Entropy admitted he needed Genis to do this because he had the power output to kill such a ridiculously powerful being, and 2) after Genis created the "new big bag", he survived the destruction and recreation of the multiverse.
  • In the New Thunderbolts run it was determined that he would destroy every universe, every reality, every eventuality. During this storyline Genis was trying to be extremely "moral" and refused to kill/permanently harm
  • In the same New Thunderbolts run, they show those futures and Genis again killing Eternity amongst other multi-versal beings
  • Has the most potent cosmic awareness I've seen in comics, essentially grants him the ability to just "know things", and to see every eventuality across the multiverse
  • Before he went completely insane he easily 1-shotted a Storm Giant that Odin feared and that would have laid waste to all of Asgard. Genis did so, casually.
  • He also exists in the past, present, and future simultaneously
  • Can time travel forward and backwards through time
  • Can resurrect himself because "energy cannot be destroyed"
  • Can resurrect other beings
  • Has Omniversal telepathy, was able to force Moondragon with the mind stone from his mind and literally overloaded the Magus' mind
  • Can hand wave open portals to other dimensions in time and space including the Nth dimension where characters powers don't exist (iirc)
  • One of his most impressive feats was "collapsing" the HoM reality warp (Wandas) before putting it back. He explains he let things continue because he doesn't want to interfere or change things because it always hurts people (he was sane/moral for this feat). It stands to reason (as that was arguably the most powerful warp in Marvel comic's history) that Genis could "unwarp" whatever he wanted
  • Genis Vell defeated the Kree-Shi'ar-Skrull alliance armada by manipulating the electrical impulses in their brains, killing them all just by altering their thoughts to convince them that they were dead
  • Was able to BFR beings into Nth space where laws of reality work differently and most beings don't have power, iirc

Theres more but thats all just off the top of my head

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01: based on that, I think he might be similar in power, but WH Diana was rewriting reality on the spot, not to mention Hecate makes Nabu nervous. Maybe it won't be a blowout and I'm more inclined to believe it's closer now, but I'm not sold that Hecate won't win based on Diana handled things

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: fair enough! They’re both underused characters of immense power!

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donotdenyyourfate: hey buddy, long time no talk! Hope you’re well! Thought I’d shout out since I finally got around to making this thread Haha. I kept going back and forth on it and figured the vine could help sort it out.

Enigma22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hecate probably. She was the Goddess of Magic in the DC Multiverse. Curious about where her source of power came from though. Probably the literal Source.

WhiteLantern#1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Genis Vell wins. He has already taken out a more powerful being than himself and Hecate for that matter. Plus he has shown proficiency in manipulating magic. Marvel and DC both have illustrated high-end energy/matter manipulators can handle magic as simply another form of energy.

Donotdenyyourfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enigma22 said:

Hecate probably. She was the Goddess of Magic in the DC Multiverse. Curious about where her source of power came from though. Probably the literal Source.

this. Hecate was later mentioned to pre date gods and the sphere of gods( where all the gods in Dc live). We also know she can draw dark magic from the dark dimension beyond the source wall.

Donotdenyyourfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Genis Vell wins. He has already taken out a more powerful being than himself and Hecate for that matter. Plus he has shown proficiency in manipulating magic. Marvel and DC both have illustrated high-end energy/matter manipulators can handle magic as simply another form of energy.

i wouldn't use Dr Manhattan's statements as magic being simply reality warping as factual. Dc does a bad job of streamlining their continuity across multilple titles because as Dr M' s feat against magic took place , Magic's origin was retold on JLD barely months later.

In war of the gods it took a combo of Spectre + Dr fate+ Phantom Stranger + madame xanadu + zatanna and other mystics channeling their power through geo force to beat her.

Current version had Olympus gods, The lords of order and chaos, Rama kursha Afraid of her and explitly mentioned they cannot compare to her. Many of said beings being universal - multiversal

Lord_Chad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Genis oneshots.